User Reviews for Metoprolol Succinate ER (Page 3)

Mitral Valve Prolapse 9.5
Angina 4.0
Summary of Metoprolol Succinate ER reviews 6.3 56 reviews

Reviews for Metoprolol Succinate ER

Seminole TX · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2014

“On Metoprolol Succinate 75mg and it has been a miracle drug for my palpitations but, having intermittent chest pain and discomfort very fatigued short of breath affects my thinking and just exhausted.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 15, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “I needed to take this due to another medication I was taking. Never needed to be on anything else. Very happy with results”

dauna · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “Only took for 1 week, made me incredibly tired, could not function.”

Tiredness and Constipation · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I was prescribed Metoprolol for Atrial Fibrillation and found that I was extremely tired. I began taking it at night, but developed terrible constipation. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, so the constipation was not good for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 11, 2012

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I take 50mg 2x a day for years and it works great for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 12, 2012

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “The side effects outweighed any benefits. Extreme fatigue, weight gain, muscle and joint soreness.”

Anonymous April 26, 2012

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I've been on Flecainide 12 years for A-fib but have recently been have more and more episodes. So my cardiologist also prescribed metoprolol (the smallest dose possible - 1/4 of a 25mg tablet twice daily - due to my being very sensitive to other beta blockers). My blood pressure dropped (wasn't high in the first place) and my heart rate dropped to the mid/low 40's. I was also very light-headed, had low energy, some shortness of breath and sometimes nausea. Discontinued (by doctor) after one week.”

Anonymous November 6, 2011

For Benign Essential Tremor: “It minimally reduced the tremors. The most startling side effect was the sudden drop in blood pressure after taking the medication for approximately 1 month to a level of 78/36 for no apparent reason.”

northernsky61 August 8, 2011

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “This by far has been the best medication (beta blocker) that has 100% kept my Atrial Tachycardia under control/and during an episode of A.T. Zero side effects for me at least. I have been on Lopressor for 30 years. I have tried numerous other medications to control my arrhythmia, but Metroprolol is the best. Tried Tenormin, which was okay for a while, but the side effects were too weird --fainting, numbness, cold extremities and I think it did something strange to my thought process.”

Anonymous May 16, 2011

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “I have been on metoprolol for well over a year now and have not had any negative side effects. The only thing I ever experienced was slight tiredness for a few days after having my dose increased.”

Stevied March 12, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: “Been on this medicine for over 12 years started on 50 mg now at 200 mg ER. Been on 200mg for over 7 years now works real good I am 36 and it must be hereditary because both my younger sisters were on blood pressure medicines at a early age. My parents take 2 different blood pressure medicines as well. Works good for me when I check it every day.”

Anonymous February 27, 2011

For Heart Attack: “Make sure you review your dosage with the doctor. As the others stated, it will make you tired and lethargic. It also has had an effect on my ability to have a discussion without forgetting a word or two. My doctor gave me a dosage of 100mg/2x daily. I wound up back in the hospital due to my heart rate being a low 32 beats per minute. The hospital treated it as a failure with the original stent and went back in to check the previous operation. That was over a year ago. We tweaked the prescription down to 50 mg once a day, but I never got out of the lethargic state.”

Anonymous February 2, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation: “My doctor started me on Metoprolol after cardiac ablation for Atrial Fibrillation. It actually made my heart rate worse. I was waking up at 2am-5am every single morning in tachycardia of 115-148 bpm. I stopped taking Metoprolol, and have been in normal sinus rhythm ever since. I am glad it works for most, it just did not work for me. Atrial Fibrillation and/or tachycardia is horrible, and they have got to come up with something new for us sufferers soon.”

Anonymous May 7, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation: “This medication has made me extremely tired. I also have forgotten to do simple daily routine tasks such as setting up the coffee pot at night. One short store trip, and I am exhausted! I will try something else.”

MotherMom April 19, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Keeps my heart rate down to 54-75 which is way better than 170 but I still get AF. I was in AF most of yesterday. I am on low dose, 50mg. Think I need to up it maybe.”

Dale W Omaha NE November 9, 2009

For Atrial Fibrillation: “This medicine works very well to keep the heart in rhythm, and the rate 65 to 90 (better than 160 when in A Fib 44 hours). Only drawback is that I can be very forgetful about routine tasks such as remembering to carry glass of water to the table.”