User Reviews for Metoprolol Succinate ER

Learn more about Metoprolol Succinate ER.

Metoprolol Succinate ER Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 347 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Metoprolol Succinate ER to treat High Blood Pressure

"I originally started taking Metoprolol 25 mg once a day due to SVTs. they helped calm them down a bit. I also have PVCs and PACs especially when my blood pressure is superhigh. I am now back on this medication and started at 25 mg, within a few months it was up to 50 mg, I recently went up 100mg from my GP, but now my cardiologist up me to 200 mg. I have been only taking 100-150 mg. I break to be 100 mg pill in half and take 50 mg every six hours. My blood pressure went from 197/130 to approx 147/97. I have recently changed my diet dramatically and Inc. swimming and walking as an exercise. 49F, 208lbs. Sedentary life for 5 years. No side effects at all. Take with food though as directed. Causes nausea w/o food for me."

SharynLP July 20, 2016

"Worked well in lowering my blood pressure, pulse rate, even helped some with my anxiety. I've noticed no side effects, which is great because usually I find some reason to dislike drugs I am prescribed to. However I've had no issues with this."

Alex N (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2016

"After having a constant heart rate of 110/20 even when resting, occasional heart palpitations, anxiety, and high blood pressure, I was put on Metoprolol success ER 25 mgs, that I half to 12.5mgs. It's been wonderful! I am so much more relaxed, my heart rate stays around 75 to 80. Blood Pressure stays in a normal range. Love it! I'm female, 47, 5 2` ( 135lbs )"

Lilac lover January 18, 2016

"Been on this drug for years to slow heart due to atrial fib. Works very well. No complaints."

Hemi13 October 23, 2015

"Worked fine in lowering and stabilizing blood pressure, however I switched off it because of sexual side effects. Fatigue, which is a problem for many, was no problem for me."

captkrash (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 20, 2015

"I needed to take this due to another medication I was taking. Never needed to be on anything else. Very happy with results"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2013

"Only took for 1 week, made me incredibly tired, could not function."

dauna (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2013

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Been on this medicine for over 12 years started on 50 mg now at 200 mg ER. Been on 200mg for over 7 years now works real good I am 36 and it must be hereditary because both my younger sisters were on blood pressure medicines at a early age. My parents take 2 different blood pressure medicines as well. Works good for me when I check it every day."

Stevied March 12, 2011

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate