User Reviews for Methylphenidate systemic

Also known as: Aptensio XR, Concerta, Cotempla XR-ODT, Metadate CD, Metadate ER, Methylin, QuilliChew ER, Quillivant XR, Ritalin

Depression

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Methylphenidate reviews 7.4 702 reviews

Reviews for Methylphenidate

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "Crash all the time and can't get through a full day of work"

Seano (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2019

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I'm a mid fifties male that recently started taking Ritalin. I've been on it for about 3 months now and really like the changes. The ability to stay on task is amazing. I take the immediate release 2x per day (10mg/pill). It takes about 30 minutes for the effects to kick in, but it is subtle. Each dosage lasts about 4 hours hours. I take the first pill around 800am and the second at 1pm. I take it Monday - Friday, and sometimes on weekends, if I have a project I'd really like to get completed. At this point, I haven't experienced any noticeable side effects. Yes, it does kill your appetite during the 4 hour cycle, but it does return quickly thereafter. For anyone looking for the best vitamin/supplement for improved productivity due to ADHD, just go to your doctor and take something that's proven effective and regulated by the FDA."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I have been taking Concerta for 2 years after I had heart issues with Ritalin to treat my ADHD. In the two years my grades have been well but I feel like I am losing myself slowly, I'm not as active and happy as I was when off medication. But recently I have been experiencing side effects more frequently with higher intensity. I am taking 54mg of Concerta daily except for Sundays. I have had a lot of shaking in my hands lately and it does not affect my daily tasks but it is really worrying since I never experienced this before. Anyone else having this issue? Although this drug has side effects it has really helped my grades. My advice is if you really need this medication be weary of the side effects because everyone reacts to the drug differently and from what I found online, not many people have had these hand tremors like I do when on Concerta."

Justastudent (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 31, 2018

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "Struggled for many years. Tried all the wrong meds. Started Ritalin and works fine for me. I do have high blood pressure so it does affect me when Ritalin wears off but feel 90% better."

JasonWlker34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2018

Concerta (methylphenidate) for Narcolepsy: "I had difficulty staying awake. I was taking all kind of meds for mood disorders and most of them caused drowsiness and weight gain. In 2016, I did a sleep study test, but didn't qualify for a CPAP machine. So I tried narcoleptic meds but they didn't work well for me. My doctor prescribed Adderall XR which was great for a while until I needed higher dosages to function but the side effects weren't worth taking the med. So I stopped all stimulants. Did a sleep study test in January of 2018 and was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. The CPAP machine wasn't enough alone for the narcolepsy. Now I take Concerta and feel alert and I usually wake up before 6am. Concerta helps me and I only take 27mg."

Jetter775 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2018

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I started taking Concerta a few days ago. It seems to have less side effects than Adderall. It helps with concentration and focus. However, when it wears off about 7-8 hours I begin to feel depressed and don't want to leave my house. I heard that adding Ritalin IR @ 5mg may help. So next time I see my doctor I will discuss this with him. I don't want to change my current antidepressant but if I begin to crash again I may switch from Lexapro to Wellbutrin which is also good for ADHD (off label use)."

Maxwell812 (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "No effective, and bad side effects"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2018

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I'm 54 yrs old and recently started taking 10mg once a day, 5x a week (usually weekdays). After years of talking about projects and ideas, it is now quite easy to get and stay on task. It's not like I didn't get things done before, but now I am motivated to complete tasks. In the past, most projects that required any substantial amount of time to complete would immediately be put on the back burner. Now I feel motivated to see them through. In the past I would self-medicate with large amounts of coffee, but that only lasted for so long. Now, I have switched to Decaf and take medication once I get to the office. My dosage is minimal at this point and have a follow-up to see where I'm at in regards to possibly changing the dosage in a couple weeks. With my dosage (immediate release) I can tell the medication is kicking in as I start to feel warmer. That takes about 30 minutes. As others have stated, this dosage last about 4-5 hours. So far so good."

Anonymous November 7, 2018

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I was on this drug all through my childhood and feel emotionally ruined because of it. My brain didn't have a chance to develop properly because it was on drugs all my life. When I graduated high school my parents stopped forcing me to take it and I've been off of it for 5 years trying to deal with the symptoms that are actually just manifestations of developmental trauma. (Read "Scattered Minds" By Dr Gabor Mate if you want to know what I'm talking about) All in all, don't push drugs on your kids. There are alternatives. I took a pill the 3 days ago because what I was doing wasn't working and I needed something extra and I had muscle pain and weakness and headaches for 2 days after, could barely sleep, and have had constipation since."

Sally Shaker (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "This drug is a life saver. If it wasn't for this drug I would be failing in college and sleeping all day. Concerta has help me study and lessen my depression symptoms. Its definitely worth the risk. The only downside to this drug is that it doesn't last 12 hours well at least for me. It lasts like 9 to 10 hours. Also as with other ADHD medicines, you can become tolerant to the point you don't notice it working. My grades improved with this medicine and I was able to write a 10 page paper in the 12th grade and a 25 page paper in my junior year of college. I'm even more organized outside of school. I wash my clothes and shower more on this medicine. I can finally read more without getting mentally tired as much. I wouldn't be able to pass my classes in college if it wasn't for concerta. EVERYBODY with ADD OR ADHD should try medicine for it. I recommend concerta because it lasts throughout the day. It lasts longer than ritalin."

Omegatron (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2018

Daytrana (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I am 32 years old and have adult ADD. I also have addiction issues and have been sober for 5 years. I haven’t taken any meds since being sober but have been struggling. Last time I tried to take vyvanse and I ended up relapsing. The daytrana patch has been amazing for me. I rated it a 8 just because no ADD meds are perfect and there are side effects. But in my experience I've had a much better time with daytrana then most other meds and seems to be less likely for someone to abuse. Mainly because it lasts all day and there is no “crash” feeling like I've had with others which always trigger me to abuse them. I just wanted to share my experience because it’s really hard to have ADD and not be able to take meds and addiction problems make this tricky. However, you should give it time once you start it because side effects will lessen once your body adjusts. I experienced extreme lack of appetite and anxiety, both went away after a month."

Jess October 9, 2018

Cotempla XR-ODT (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I’ve been on cotempla 25.9mg for ADD for a year and a half and overall it works quite well, however I have had continual issues with it not working quickly or very well when taking it with or after a meal. However after talking to my doc, I found out that taking it about half an hour before eating breakfast (drinking coffee/other drinks is fine) solves most of the efficacy issues because of the IR portion of the tablet (25%) can be easily “lost” into the food and not absorbed quickly. Although this is somewhat inconvenient, it helps me get the most out of the Cotempla. Overall it is very effective, but the IR/XR formulation could be improved. "

Gleam76 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2018

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "My brother was prescribed Concerta two years ago, and I feel the need to share his story so everyone knows how helpful this drug is for people suffering from ADHD. He is taking it and Strattera both for his condition, and the Strattera worked well for a long time, but when he was prescribed Concerta in addition to this to further help with his symptoms, it was just amazing. His breakdowns and tantrums decreased in number, he started doing his chores and homework again, and he started doing random little things to help other people out. This medication is a controlled substance, so it's harder for him to get than his other medicine-- he has to have an appointment with a specialist every two months to stay on it, though I don't think it's that way for everyone. He was born addicted to the painkillers my mother was on, as he was seven weeks early, and therefore has a higher chance to become addicted to substances in the future, but this does not seem to be a problem so far with Concerta."

Anonymous October 4, 2018

For ADHD: "I completely agree with the other review here. The manufacturer for the generic Ritalin matters a great deal. The Malinckrodt manufacturers version of Ritalin made me feel like I took theraflu, meaning nothing, zilch, nada, in fact I think I need a long nap after taking it. I have the inattentive type of ADD, non hyperactivity. The round peach one the other manufacturer works wonderfully. I am able to focus, have motivation and can get my work done in with the round preach one, and take melatonin at night to sleep. I’m on the west coast and I went to cvs."

Inattentive (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2018

Metadate CD (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I hated this medication. It was so hard for me to sleep in the evening on the day I had taken it. Also I would hear random things and see random things and I would over think. My eating went from eating just fine to maybe a banana and some chips a day . When you take this protein shakes will help . Also drink a lot of water. The good thing about it is it kept me focus. I got stuff done unlike some other add medicines that made me just sit there. Also a little depression and over thinking did occur. The only real complaint I got is ZERO sleep and you may become paranoid."

Whatever (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I am have been taking concerta for 3 months now and I don't see any improvement in my concentration when it comes to learning. 18 to 37 dosage. I think I going to have to stop concerta."

Fernando September 7, 2018

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I think a lot more clearer. I feel normal on it. I love Ritalin"

Red (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2018

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I'm 41 years old and just started Ritalin extended release 3 weeks ago. I have Sleep Apnea and have a lifelong history of daytime fatigue that wasn't being helped by the CPAP. After talking to my doctor about that and other symptoms I began treatment for ADHD. The first week I had some insomnia but noticed immediately that I was more awake during the day and getting a lot more done. I still felt tired at times but nothing like before where I was literally ready to collapse by mid afternoon. It also suppressed my appetite a bit which I need. I'm only taking 18mg in the morning. Week 3 I don't feel it's working quite as well and insomnia has subsided. Pretty sure we need to tweak the dosage."

Petunia (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with inattentive ADHD and was first given Vyvanse. It caused me to have awful anxiety and chest pains. This turned me off to stimulants for a while. Finally, I started seeing a new Dr and he prescribed me Concerta XL for my long days at work and it has definitely changed my life. At first it was for my ADHD but it also helps with my depression. It makes me feel awake but not jittery and anxious. I feel more social and talkative (I'm very shy and people always make comments on how I don't talk that much). I don't have as many bad days like I was having before. I still get them but they seem to be more mild and less often. There is a slight come down period when it is wearing off and you can get a little bummed during this time. Its not as bad with the long acting Concerta like it is with regular methylphenidate. I highly recommend trying these medicines."

krispkripi August 21, 2018

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for Narcolepsy: "I was recently diagnosed with narcolepsy after a sleep study. I was nearly passing out while driving so often that it was hindering my life. I couldn't play with my 3 year old, and I couldn't clean or take care of myself. After a bad experience with Nuvigil, I was prescribed ritalin, and I take 15mg 2x a day. I am happier, I can drive and spend time with my daughter without having to lay down every hour. I'm able to do my college course work without putting it off until the last moment. Ritalin has changed my life."

Yooji (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

Concerta (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "On this Medication I have experienced decrease in appetite, increase in libido, difficulty falling asleep, irritability, increased anxiety and times where I seem to lack positive emotion"

Jtc763 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 10, 2018

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for Narcolepsy: "I have narcolepsy w/cataplexy and was prescribed Ritalin. Doc started me on a low dose to be taken twice day. The first 2 days I felt awake & alert, didn’t nap till 4:30 pm. After that, I just got sleepy. Never had that get-up-and-go like those first few days. Now after being on it for over a month, about 15 min after dosing I’m falling asleep. Literally head bobbing. I nap off and on all day long like before I was on Ritalin or I feel sick. I also notice that my chronic pain is heightened. Everything seems magnified on live wire. My eyes hurt, I’m more sensitive to light & have daily headaches on top of my chronic migraines. I finally see my neurologist tomorrow & hopefully he’ll have an alternative plan for me."

“Sleepy-all-the-time” (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2018

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for ADHD: "I’ve been on Ritalin for almost a year now, and it hasn’t been great, but at the same time it hasn’t been bad. It helps me study and focus, but once it wears off it leaves you feeling like you were a zombie the whole day. All in all, it’s okay, but it does have some side effects you should be aware of."

o4marie (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2018

Ritalin (methylphenidate) for Narcolepsy: "Let me start by stating that I am a 24 year old female with history of Idiopathic Hypersomnia, coarctation of the aorta and patent ductus arteriosus (PDA). I was recently in a car accident and received my second concussion. Upon visiting my neurologist for headaches/migraine complaints I brought to his attention my debilitating fatigue I've experienced since the last concussion. I've been to multiple doctors and they pushed aside this symptom. I was almost in tears when my neurologist prescribed Ritalin. Day 3: improved concentration AND more energy!. So far so good. I was worried I would have problems because of my heart conditions but it is anatomic and not rhythmic so I'm okay! He also assured this will help with weight loss which is great! Hope to continue to see great results with this medication."

ncos3 July 21, 2018

For ADHD: "For YEARS I was taking generic Ritalin, (methylphenidate) from the manufact.-Actavis/Teva. They were round, peach colored tabs that say “dan” on 1 side & “5884,” on the other. The other month, I opened the bottle (as I always buy from Walgreens) & they were yellow! Not only that, but they are completely useless! They DO NOT WORK & I’m VERY CLOSE to filing several complaints & as MANY it takes 2 get the Others. (Walgreens States they no longer carry that brand! So I get this garbage & pay $150 + a month! I can GUARANTEE that if a molecular breakdown of this medicine was done, they also will find it as useless! After MANY calls, Walgreens says I can pre order it, but now giving me the run around again! I’ve tried other versions( Sandoz- Mylan)& those are just as bad, if not worse! Ugh! I’m in Grand Rapids, MI!This is unjust & it ALL relates to the almighty Dollar! Money is the root to ALL evil with these pharmaceutical tyrants!!!"

AmyLuvKnight July 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...