User Reviews for Tarina Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.9

Summary of Tarina Fe 1/20 reviews 4.9 46 reviews

Reviews for Tarina Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "Bleed almost everyday ... definitely got to switch"

Kiria September 1, 2018

For Birth Control "It’s going to be 1 year in December that I’ve been on Tarina. The first 6-7 months were great. I’d get my period when I’d get to the brown pills and I had lighter periods which is a big thumbs up from all the heavy periods I had prior to being on birth control. These last few months have been a bit odd. I haven’t had a period and I can honestly say YES I’d love to have my period. It’s been about 3 months that I haven’t had one. I’ve taken pregnancy test and take the pill every day on time. My hair has thinned out. I don’t break out. My sex drive is great. No dryness. I do get emotional here and there. & I’ve actually lost 17lbs. I don’t know how to feel about switching just so I can have a frequent period."

Lo (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm in my late 20s & this past year I got switched to Tarina Fe 1/20 I noticed changes right away. My prior pill for 6 years was Junel. I believe my body was reacting through a change in active ingredients differences. I got 2 yeast infections 3 months of taking Tarina I was a long time since I had to buy Vaginal Creams to stop the itch & medications. I also feel like when I take it it just sits at the top of of my stomach & get bloated, with Junel my metabolism would actually start up that it would increase my appetite. I believe Tarina is just not working out for my body I also gain 20 pounds since the switch. My body just feels lost but I order Junel again I hope it solves all my changes. Prayers."

Caluv (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill since I was 17, I’m now 23 and all of a sudden this pill is giving me a spotting period that lasts 4 days and then a week goes by and I’m good then I’m on my period then a week goes by and he next week spotting, and so on. I’ve even tested it going off the pill and my period went back to normal. But every time I go back on I spot, no period, period, no period, spot and so one and so forth. I don’t know what to do."

Lainie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was specifically put on this kind because the other kinds of birth control gave me severe mood swings. This helped with that. HOWEVER it made my period come a week before the placebo pills every single month. Not only that but it made my cramps absolutely awful."

Kylie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Birth Control "Tarina has prevented pregnancies so far so good I used to be on Microgestin for the last 4 years then Plan parenthood recently switched me to the Tarina. I did notice my acne cleared and a few other changes on my body like gain a few pounds & a few headaches I also take in the night to decrease nausea side effects."

Ruyi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve actually loved this pill. I’ve tried others and been so emotional. I’ve had no weight gain, no loss of sexual drive or even dryness, periods evened out with no issues. I’d like to try taking it straight for 3 months at a time to avoid periods, but will have to talk to my doc."

Bree (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Tarina Fe 1/20 is the first brand of birth control I've tried. I didn't have any of the common side effects-no nausea, no weight gain, no headaches. However, my period has been out of control. Before getting on Tarina, my period would last 3-4 days, with some severe cramping and bleeding the first day, then levelling off. Now, I get a period the week BEFORE the sugar pills, lasting the whole week. Bleeding stops for the first day or two of the sugar pill, then I get to deal with another 4 or 5 days of bleeding from the sugar pill. All in all its about a 2 week long period. I'm on my 4th pack and this happens like clockwork every month. Dr switched me to a pill with higher estrogen, but may wait out my last 2 packs of tarina to see if by some miracle it regulates. Really liked the experience of having minimal side effects, but can't deal with the non stop bleeding."

717xty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I didn't break out that much, occasional zit but my skin was mainly clear. Other than that my mood swings did get a little out of hand. Rarely bled, maybe once every two months but only for one day. My sex drive was decent but dryness was an issue."

Ivy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2018

For Birth Control "made my hair fall out! thanks a lot tarina fe!"

laura (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for almost a year and it has been a rocky experience. My periods are always irregular and I feel like I never stop bleeding. I’ve been taking it on time for the most part and regardless it just didn’t get any better. I have to switch. I’m seeing my doctor this week to change! I’m just not adjusting to it very well, at all."

Flo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched to this brand after being on Microgestin FE 1/20 for years because when I moved to they were no longer caring the brand. I was on it for about 2 months and then started to get extremely itchy and heavy bruising on my legs. I stopped taking everything I had been taking to try and determine the cause of the itching. After it stopped I went back on the Tarina and after the 2nd pill my entire body broke out in hives. Apparently I am allergic to an inactive ingredient that they have in this brand and not in Microgestin."

BP (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm not sure if it's just me at this time but this has never happened before. I've been on this pill for about two weeks and I have extreme cramp like pains during/ right after orgasms. It makes sex unenjoyable. And I'm hoping this will go away and I'll be able to continue this pill because other than that I have no other complaints."

Yourname (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I like it better than the pills I had before. I'm not as angry or sad. I have been experiencing constipation, breast swelling, and weight gain. I know the weight gain is purely the pill because Ive been exercising and dieting. Oh! And the pills gave me freckles. They're cute."

Eryn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "This is far superior to my last pill. I do still suffer from depression and anxiety, but it has not totally mutilated my sex drive like my previous pill did. It is effective and the side effects are tolerable. I've been on this pill for about a year and have been skipping the inactive pills so that I do not have a period, and it has worked! As far as pills go, I highly recommend Tarina. To whoever is reading this: know that all comments, including mine, are personal reactions to this pill (really this applies to all meds). Don't be scared off of getting the help you need, because everyone's bodies and habits are different, thus rending different results."

Mary (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I GOT PREGNANT!!! I took the pill every single day at 8am. 5 months in -- PREGNANT. Also -- I felt emotionally crazy and would randomly bleed the entire time I took the pill. Could not possibly be more disappointed. I feel less hormonal pregnant than I did on that "birth control" pill."

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Birth Control "While beginning it the first two months I was extremely nauseous 24/7, little acne here and there. Jump over to a year and a half everything levelled out and regulated. The thing is this pill has turned me into a complete cry baby or an emotionally detached angry rager, when I say there's no in between there really isn't. It's either a hit and miss I've gotten so much more angrier in the process of taking it. Just made me really emotional. As well as always spotting 2- 6 days before I even start my period."

M.MarieAnn.D January 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 3 weeks and my period hasn't stopped. It is a lot more than spotting and has ruined 3 pairs of underwear already. I used to get complimented on my clear skin but my acne has drastically increased since taking this birth control. I know these side affects are supposed to go away after a few months or so but there is no way I am going to deal with this for that long."

bb9696 January 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Horrible. I'm on my second pack. I used to be a happy person and in love but with this birth control, I feel emotionally unavailable and irritated all the time. I'm no longer happy with the things that made me happy, I've had yeast infections, depression and anxiety. The periods never stopped and the cramps are horrible. I wouldn't recommend it."

Sweetdivine89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this bc for 2.5 months now and I hate it. At first it was the acne all around my eyes and forehead, and the abdominal pains constantly. Then in the second month the bleeding never stopped, I wouldn't call it spotting because it was more than that. Sometimes heavy bleeding for a random day, sometimes a glob and I've passed a couple clots. I came on here looking if I was crazy or if it was the Bc because my mood is out of control. I'm anxious, sad, depressed, I don't feel like myself anymore. My sex drive is non existent and the vaginal dryness is unbearable. It's good to know I'm not crazy hopefully I can switch and relieve myself of these side effects"

Crazy kate December 27, 2017

For Birth Control "I am on the first week of my 4th pack. I've been continuous cycling so I was spotty the first 2 packs during my "period" but afterwards my body adjusted. I was nervous, acne wise, because this is a lower dose of hormone than I'm used to, but so far no crazy breakouts. I actually have much less of an appetite now which is great - I lost the 12 pounds that I put on from taking a higher dosage pill so I'm back to my old self again. I would give this pill a higher rating if it weren't for the fact that I have way less sex drive now and for a day or 2 right before I'd get my "period", I am very dry and have a slight stinging feeling that is slightly painful."

caseyE (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this for 2.5 months now and before this I had the paraguard and I had terrible periods and I would get terrible cramps anytime I was bloated and now I don't have any of those side effects and I am feeling pretty much like myself on this pill. My moods are pretty even, I do get some brown spotting on and off again and I am hoping with longer use it will subside. I am continuously cycling and it might just take a while for my body to get used to it. I can become anaemic easily so its nice having the iron pills hand with this bc. If it is affecting my mood, its making me a little more selfish and thinking of myself more and to put myself first which is actually helpful for figuring out exactly what I want to do with my life"

blix (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

For Birth Control "On my 3rd pack, been having light/heavy bleeding since the start of the 2nd pack. I guess I can't really get pregnant if I can't have sex"

Pink butterfly July 22, 2017

For Birth Control "Life changing in a good way. I'm sorry to all of you who had terrible side effects. This is the third pill brand I've been on and by far the best. I'm not taking it to prevent pregnancy though. I suffer from terrible PCOS that left me sick for over a year. We are talking extreme anemia, constant nonstop heavy bleeding for months on end, fatigue, crippling cramps, weight gain and no sex drive. Taking it 4 months now (note I take nothing but continuous active pills to level out my hormone imbalance) and I have experienced zero bad side effects. I'm healthier than I've been in years, weight loss, glowing skin, thriving sex drive, no cramps or endless painful periods. It's been a real lifesaver."

Kitty B (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2017

For Birth Control "Personally I didn't have any issues with this birth control pill, actually the only brand that I would prefer now, after testing out some other brands. I was on the pill for 3-5 months and didn't get pregnant. My periods came regularly during the sugar cycle. After taking 2-3 sugar pills, my light periods, compared to my heavy periods when I wasn't on the pill, would last 3-4 days until I would be back on my active pill. The only negative outcome would have been the small emotional outbreaks that I had, of me crying over the stupidest things. As well as, for me, during intercourse, my vagina seemed to be very abnormally dry, that was no fun."

HolleEllonie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Page 1 2

More about Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, ... +42 more

Professional resources