User Reviews for Tarina Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control

Summary of Tarina Fe 1/20 reviews 4.9 36 reviews

Reviews for Tarina Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for almost a year and it has been a rocky experience. My periods are always irregular and I feel like I never stop bleeding. I’ve been taking it on time for the most part and regardless it just didn’t get any better. I have to switch. I’m seeing my doctor this week to change! I’m just not adjusting to it very well, at all."

Flo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched to this brand after being on Microgestin FE 1/20 for years because when I moved to they were no longer caring the brand. I was on it for about 2 months and then started to get extremely itchy and heavy bruising on my legs. I stopped taking everything I had been taking to try and determine the cause of the itching. After it stopped I went back on the Tarina and after the 2nd pill my entire body broke out in hives. Apparently I am allergic to an inactive ingredient that they have in this brand and not in Microgestin."

BP (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm not sure if it's just me at this time but this has never happened before. I've been on this pill for about two weeks and I have extreme cramp like pains during/ right after orgasms. It makes sex unenjoyable. And I'm hoping this will go away and I'll be able to continue this pill because other than that I have no other complaints."

Yourname (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I like it better than the pills I had before. I'm not as angry or sad. I have been experiencing constipation, breast swelling, and weight gain. I know the weight gain is purely the pill because Ive been exercising and dieting. Oh! And the pills gave me freckles. They're cute."

Eryn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "This is far superior to my last pill. I do still suffer from depression and anxiety, but it has not totally mutilated my sex drive like my previous pill did. It is effective and the side effects are tolerable. I've been on this pill for about a year and have been skipping the inactive pills so that I do not have a period, and it has worked! As far as pills go, I highly recommend Tarina. To whoever is reading this: know that all comments, including mine, are personal reactions to this pill (really this applies to all meds). Don't be scared off of getting the help you need, because everyone's bodies and habits are different, thus rending different results."

Mary (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I GOT PREGNANT!!! I took the pill every single day at 8am. 5 months in -- PREGNANT. Also -- I felt emotionally crazy and would randomly bleed the entire time I took the pill. Could not possibly be more disappointed. I feel less hormonal pregnant than I did on that "birth control" pill."

Ash (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Birth Control "While beginning it the first two months I was extremely nauseous 24/7, little acne here and there. Jump over to a year and a half everything levelled out and regulated. The thing is this pill has turned me into a complete cry baby or an emotionally detached angry rager, when I say there's no in between there really isn't. It's either a hit and miss I've gotten so much more angrier in the process of taking it. Just made me really emotional. As well as always spotting 2- 6 days before I even start my period."

M.MarieAnn.D January 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 3 weeks and my period hasn't stopped. It is a lot more than spotting and has ruined 3 pairs of underwear already. I used to get complimented on my clear skin but my acne has drastically increased since taking this birth control. I know these side affects are supposed to go away after a few months or so but there is no way I am going to deal with this for that long."

bb9696 January 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Horrible. I'm on my second pack. I used to be a happy person and in love but with this birth control, I feel emotionally unavailable and irritated all the time. I'm no longer happy with the things that made me happy, I've had yeast infections, depression and anxiety. The periods never stopped and the cramps are horrible. I wouldn't recommend it."

Sweetdivine89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this bc for 2.5 months now and I hate it. At first it was the acne all around my eyes and forehead, and the abdominal pains constantly. Then in the second month the bleeding never stopped, I wouldn't call it spotting because it was more than that. Sometimes heavy bleeding for a random day, sometimes a glob and I've passed a couple clots. I came on here looking if I was crazy or if it was the Bc because my mood is out of control. I'm anxious, sad, depressed, I don't feel like myself anymore. My sex drive is non existent and the vaginal dryness is unbearable. It's good to know I'm not crazy hopefully I can switch and relieve myself of these side effects"

Crazy kate December 27, 2017

For Birth Control "I am on the first week of my 4th pack. I've been continuous cycling so I was spotty the first 2 packs during my "period" but afterwards my body adjusted. I was nervous, acne wise, because this is a lower dose of hormone than I'm used to, but so far no crazy breakouts. I actually have much less of an appetite now which is great - I lost the 12 pounds that I put on from taking a higher dosage pill so I'm back to my old self again. I would give this pill a higher rating if it weren't for the fact that I have way less sex drive now and for a day or 2 right before I'd get my "period", I am very dry and have a slight stinging feeling that is slightly painful."

caseyE (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this for 2.5 months now and before this I had the paraguard and I had terrible periods and I would get terrible cramps anytime I was bloated and now I don't have any of those side effects and I am feeling pretty much like myself on this pill. My moods are pretty even, I do get some brown spotting on and off again and I am hoping with longer use it will subside. I am continuously cycling and it might just take a while for my body to get used to it. I can become anaemic easily so its nice having the iron pills hand with this bc. If it is affecting my mood, its making me a little more selfish and thinking of myself more and to put myself first which is actually helpful for figuring out exactly what I want to do with my life"

blix (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

For Birth Control "On my 3rd pack, been having light/heavy bleeding since the start of the 2nd pack. I guess I can't really get pregnant if I can't have sex"

Pink butterfly July 22, 2017

For Birth Control "Life changing in a good way. I'm sorry to all of you who had terrible side effects. This is the third pill brand I've been on and by far the best. I'm not taking it to prevent pregnancy though. I suffer from terrible PCOS that left me sick for over a year. We are talking extreme anemia, constant nonstop heavy bleeding for months on end, fatigue, crippling cramps, weight gain and no sex drive. Taking it 4 months now (note I take nothing but continuous active pills to level out my hormone imbalance) and I have experienced zero bad side effects. I'm healthier than I've been in years, weight loss, glowing skin, thriving sex drive, no cramps or endless painful periods. It's been a real lifesaver."

Kitty B (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2017

For Birth Control "Personally I didn't have any issues with this birth control pill, actually the only brand that I would prefer now, after testing out some other brands. I was on the pill for 3-5 months and didn't get pregnant. My periods came regularly during the sugar cycle. After taking 2-3 sugar pills, my light periods, compared to my heavy periods when I wasn't on the pill, would last 3-4 days until I would be back on my active pill. The only negative outcome would have been the small emotional outbreaks that I had, of me crying over the stupidest things. As well as, for me, during intercourse, my vagina seemed to be very abnormally dry, that was no fun."

HolleEllonie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I mean I'm not pregnant but I have been bleeding for 2 weeks straight and this new period started just a week after my normal period had ended. I'll pass........."

nicknamealreadyinuse-po June 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I have irregular periods and can go months without them. I'd been suffering from a lengthy period starting the pills. At first they stopped it for the first few days of the first week. But then the bleeding only came right back and 10 times worse and I'm half way through the month and I can't take this. I wanna just stop taking this. But I don't know what to do. This made me way to emotional. My stomach feels like it's being stabbed. I don't truly ever get cramps but I want to cry -3 weeks added onto this means my periods is over a month. I honestly just want to cry . I'm in so much pain."

Upset and sad (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

For Birth Control "The medication in itself wasn't bad, I was terrible at taking it, but it gave me TERRIBLE heartburn. I've since switched to the patch with no problems."

sinman0531 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2017

For Birth Control "Made me extremely emotional. Typically a happy person all the time, but these pills caused me to experience extreme depression and anxiety for the first time in my life. Made me a different person. In addition, my sex drive went way down. Definitely do not recommend. I am 4 months off of it and am still recovering from the anxiety and depression I experienced while on these pills."

CWizz May 2, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this birth control 6 months ago. In that short span of time I've had THREE yeast infections. I've never had one before and I have no idea what could of caused it other than this birth control. Only other downside is my period cramps are extremely worse than they were before I started the pill. Before it was 3-4 days of regular bleeding, with cramps on the first day. Now it lasts 2 days, barely any bleeding but the most painful cramps I've ever experienced. Whenever those two days come around I have to stay home and normally take pills to sleep through it. That's how painful it is! Other than that everything else was fine."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2017

For Birth Control "With these pills I didn't have any kind of BAD effects the only thing while being on these pills is I was very emotional. Crying over every little small thing that my boyfriend did. In addition, the painful pains in the abdominal were like having menstrual cramps. Oh but the sugar pill week! The WORST PERIOD EXPERIENCE. I go to university and I had to leave class because I had explosive diarrhea and when I say painful I mean excruciating cramps and blood clots falling out of my vagina every time I went to the bathroom (sorry for getting too personal). Would I try them again? If they were my only option but I wouldn't take the placebo's... Never again!"

UniversityGirl12 April 17, 2017

For Birth Control "While I'm sure this pill prevents pregnancy, I stopped taking it two days ago because a week into my first pack I started bleeding heavily. Was almost done with the 2nd week and it has yet to stop. I also developed what seems like a yeast infection but worse! I can usually treat a yeast infection in a couple days with garlic clove and plain yogurt no problem but I'm still in hell thanks to Tarina Fe."

Prill. April 10, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for quite awhile now and my body has gotten used to it. The first few months I experienced mood swings and brown spotting but other than that it works quite well. No pregnancies so far."

lizlemon March 31, 2017

For Birth Control "I've taken this pill for about 2 weeks and so far. My acne has cleared up significantly, I've actually lost weight but my breast size went up by a cup size and my moods have evened out a lot. My boyfriend noticed the difference immediately."

Jewel_Blue (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

For Birth Control "The first week into taking this pill, I got the yeast infection side effect and I've never had one before. It made me way more emotional and sensitive to drama. My boyfriend doesn't even think I'm acting like the same person before I started taking the pill. Not only this but it makes me really hungry even when I feel full, I just crave eating more food. It also caused my acne to get worse within the first week. I stopped taking it after the first week so then I had the worst period in my whole life. I'm 18 and I rarely had any sort of painful cramps and for the past 4 months I've had cramps that are so painful it feels like I'm giving birth and having painful contractions. Taking this pill was the worst mistake I've ever made!"

Not recommended (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017