User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

3.9
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 254 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "My wife was put on Junel by her OB doctor and only took it for about one week. It made her feel extremely sick - nausea, vomiting & flu-like symptoms. During the one week that she was taking Junel she ended up developing a blood clot that went to both her lungs and was hospitalized with bilateral pulmonary embolisms. Luckily she recognized that something was wrong and went straight to the ER and was diagnosed quickly and started on anticoagulants which she now gets to take for 6 months to 2 years. The doctors state that Junel was definitely a contributing factor to the blood clots. People frequently die from pulmonary embolisms if not treated in time and now my wife is at a higher risk for future clots...Think twice before using Junel"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control since I was 13 to help my periods now I'm 21 and I'm starting to recognize it's side effects. I'm 21 with no sex drive at all and painful sex with severe dryness. I will be getting off this birth control very soon and visiting my doctor because it's affecting my hormones."

Kmf1995 July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've taken countless birth controls mainly because I used to have awful, heavy periods and I have had to switch numerous times due to a problem always arising with the BC I take. I have always had clear skin. Not perfect; a breakout here and there, but nice skin. I have been on June Fe for 2 months now and my skin is horrendous. I have back acne. My chest is even breaking out. I have bumps all over my forehead and cheeks (I have NEVER had acne on my cheeks) and even starting to come up on my neck. Do NOT take this for acne. Luckily, I haven't had any severe mood swings or depressions which is why I switched BC pills last time. I heard this medication was bad about making you crazy or depressed. All I know is this stuff made me break out bad"

Der97 July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control has been horrible. My regular bc was discontinued so the pharmacy gave me Junel since it is the generic. Junel has made me feel so bloated and has made my acne get worse. I am definitely not buying another pack and will be switching to another pill."

guest798 June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "In 2014 I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was 14 years old and had no idea what to expect. In 2017 I was switched from Tri-Previfem to Junel FE 1/20, the 21 day pack. I've been on it for 3 months now. In that time span I've been constantly woken up from nightmares and have anxiety attacks and heart palpations. My mood has literally been off the wall. I snap at everything. If someone even asks me a question I blow up. I'm also constantly nauseous. I honestly thought I was pregnant at first, but many doctors and home tests proved me wrong. I wouldn't suggest this because I've never had problems with anxiety before this. Definitely going to my gyno to switch soon!!"

McKenSand (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "For the past year or so, this pill has been a godsend. No worrying about an unintended pregnancy, great skin, short or non-existant periods...it's perfect. For my first year or so on it though, I was an emotional mess. I stopped wanting to go out and was near constantly sad. I have a tendency towards some mild anxiety (It is not severe and I choose to not take medication) but not depression, so I could deal with these symptoms (sort of) and figured that I'd ask about switching at my yearly OB/GYN visit. Almost a week before I went though, it was like a switch was flipped. Now it's like I'm not even on a medication. I will say though that I have always taken it RELIGIOUSLY down to the minute every single day, which I'm sure helps a lot."

BCL June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel for close to 5 years. It did the job of preventing pregnancies. It didn't do much to clear up my acne. I had crazy breakouts on my forehead the first year of taking it but my body has gotten used to the hormones so I'll only get a few zits right before my period. The curious thing about this BC for me is that my period will skip to every other month. I won't get it one month, but the next month, I'll have a really heavy flow. No significant weight gain or mood swings on this pill. The only thing I despise is that it has made me incredibly dry down there and decreased my sex drive. Overall it's an alright pill and I don't hate it. Unfortunately, I have to switch to a new pill since my insurance no longer covers it."

Ajdjdosne June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on this one or Gildess 21 day, for almost five years. I didn't feel a difference between Gildess and this. I love how this regulates my periods. I always know when the first day is coming, and the cramps and heavy bleeding only last one day, on the first day, when they lasted longer before the pill. I will say, I have forgotten to take the pill until the next day and felt fine (would still use backup birth control) but the one day I lost the pill and didn't take it at all, I got a massive migraine a couple days later. Probably something to do with the hormones. If you have some anxiety on it, try daily vitamin B. It helped me a bit, although I know that isn't the definitive answer for everyone. Overall, I would suggest this pill."

Devdevo (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Junel fe worked and did its job when it came to birth control, and it did help my acne. But when it came to my irregular periods (the main reason why I was put on it) it didn't regulate me and I'd go months with having it and months without having it, then I was placed on a different birth control for my regulations. Pretty good overall."

Lynne776 June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first time taking birth control due to me always bleeding (being on my period). Whenever I bleed, it's never heavy but the thought of always bleeding became extremely annoying. I was given the option to take birth control. I decided to go ahead and try it out. I started 4 days ago and have no complaints. No sign of depression, irritability, no change in sex drive, etc. I am happy to say that the bleeding has stopped! I am never been so happier, you just don't understand. So far no complaints, the future is yet to come. I'll keep you all posted."

Teshawna (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this because my previous birth control was on backorder at every pharmacy. I've had acne for about 5 yrs & I've tried everything but accutane, but to no avail. I accepted that I was going to have to deal with acne. I'm entering my third month on Junel now and have noticed a drastic difference in my skin. I was a little bummed by Junel at first because I was having regular spotting (I'm a period skipper), but now that I've seen this change in my skin I think I'll deal with the spotting. It was an accidental benefit, but I'm very happy with it. Can't attest to the effectiveness of pregnancy prevention bc I always use condoms."

Janis8767 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been suffering from anxiety recently and a couple months ago I got put on this birth control to help with my worsening PMS symptoms. I was told to give it 3 months to balance out in my system, but I had to stop after 2.5. It made my anxiety 10x worse than it already was. I haven't slept in over a week from how bad my anxiety gets at night time. The placebo weeks had me feeling a little better, so I think it's time to just quit all together. I think if you have any kind of anxiety or depression, it's best to stay away from this pill."

KCM626 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "Started taking this per recommendation from my gynecologist. I was getting heavy periods every 3 weeks. I've been on this for 3 months. My period is still not regular. I get my period during week 2 of the pill pack. It's not heavy but very dark. I get terrible cramps & unbearable breast tenderness. I've gained 5 pounds and my eating habits have not changed. I take medicine for anxiety & depression. My symptoms have increased & I'm frequently cranky. My skin, however, looks wonderful! No more breakouts! When I go back to my gynecologist in July, I'm asking for something else."

EALR (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been on this pill for almost three months. I'm on it for my acne because I've suffered from acne for 5 years and I am glad to say it is helping.. On my first month my period came on time and only lasted 4 days however I've recently been cramping but nothing too serious. This pill made me gain a few pounds and I've been very angry and emotional. A lot of my friends and family want me to stop taking it because they say my emotions have been extremely heightened. This pill has not affected my sex drive. I've read a lot of negative reviews on this but I personally don't think it's bad. It's effective and it's hormones so what do you expect? I recommend for a cheaper and effective birth control especially of you suffer with acne."

Junebug96 May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I personally like this BC I tried the regular Junel 1/20 but because I'm iron deficient my dr recommended this one. The only downside I would say is that it gives me cramps, nothing crazy. But I don't usually get cramps so this was a change for me but they are mild nothing I couldn't handle. My skin is clear, it's made me lose weight in general. My sex drive actually gotten better. My period is super light last about 3 days (: I've been on this one for a month now with the regular junel 1/20 I was on it for 6 months and it was basically the same. I'm happy"

Mjj223 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this birth control. I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression disorder 5 years ago and did not know where it came from. I couldn't leave my bed for weeks and couldn't eat sleep and never stopped having panic attacks. Because I was depressed and went off my birth control and month later I started to feel okay. I have not had a panic attack since that time. I was put on Lo Lo Estrin and was fine for years. My new insurance did not cover Lo Lo and my doc put me on Junel 1/20 since its a low dose generic. 8 days after starting to take the pill I couldn't stop having panic attacks every few min and couldn't stop crying for weeks and the panic is unbearable. Looked at my personal med files and I was on Junel before and it was the one that had caused my problems. Do your research."

Anonymous2382849392 May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I first started Junel for my periods because I experienced heavy bleeding that would last for days. I never had awful acne but my skin was not super clear, with the first months of being on it my acne was so bad! But now after 11 months my skin is super clear and smooth! Even though my periods are less bleeding and less days, I have had a lot of side effects! I work out regularly and eat healthy yet I have gained over 10 lbs from when I first started talking this, my mood switches too often and I usually feel mad a lot of the time, and my face and hair has became extremely oily and greasy within the last few months. I do not think it has been worth it!"

Em123 May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS. I started taking this almost 2 months ago and I feel disgusting. I get nauseous when eating, I feel sick to my stomach. I've gained about 3 lbs already. I've gotten so moody. I've had depression for the longest and this pill made it so much worse. I cry over everything, literally everything. I feel bloated and crampy a lot. I have no sex drive at all. The only good thing about this is that I haven't gotten pregnant. I don't recommend taking this at all. Try and get off of it as soon as possible."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for around 4 months now, I was switched to Junel because my insurance no longer covered Minastrin 24 Fe. Both are the same dosages of hormone I believe. I have not had any pregnancy scares on this, nor have I had a period, which I personally love. I have not noticed any weight gain, or increase in appetite that I'm sure is mostly life related. I have noticed slightly more cramping, on about a 4/10 scale, that only occurs around 4 times a month and lasts throughout that day. It's not terrible. The only other negative side effect that I do believe is from Junel, are my headaches. I am prone to migraines, which these definitively are not, they just feel like cluster headaches that an Advil usually fixes."

789456123 May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Was switched to this birth control, after my previous birth control was back ordered at my pharmacy. Within 2 months, noticed extreme mood changes/swing, depression, severe anxiety- picking fights and crying for no reason. I've never written a review for anything in my life- however this pill has affected me significantly different than the non-generic version ( Microgestin Fe), despite being told it "is the same makeup". Everyone reacts to pills differently, however be cautious if switching from the non-generic version."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "The reviews I've seen aren't the most accurate. Of course everyone is different, but this works for me. I was originally on Gildess (same dosage) and LOVED it. Yet, it was discontinued and I was put on Blisovi - which was literally the worst BC I've ever been on. I talked to my pharmacist and was switched to this. If Gildess worked for you, this is the next best thing. Good luck!"

krkent April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have only been on Junel 1/20 for almost a month, but I'm already starting to notice differences with my body that I'm not too happy with. Firstly, I started developing cystic acne on my chin, which never happened before. It's really painful and hard to cover up with makeup. Secondly, my period is irregular. On my second week of the pill, I started feeling crampy and then a day or two later, I got my period. I am going to give it three months, and if nothing changes or if my symptoms worsen, I'm asking my doctor for something else. Any recommendations?"

Ashleyy6755 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was only on this for one month . It made my liver levels spike for some reason. I also have anxiety and I cried at everything while on this like everything was heightened. I know one month is nothing review wise but I'm sure given time it would have been better. I needed a lower progesterone pill"

Becca16x9 April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'd give it a zero if I could. They switched me to this brand this month and it has been the worst experience ever. I cannot stop crying, I lost my appetite, back pains, suicidal, worst pill ever given to me. DO NOT TAKE THIS."

C7382 April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel Fe 24 going on 3 months and I can't wait to go off of it. I have very painful periods and I wanted to go back on birth control after being off for 2 years (previously on Lo Loestrin and it was great). My first couple weeks taking it I was nauseous on and off. I had my first period during the iron pills like I should, but then I had it again 2 weeks later for over a week. During my periods I had a few days of cramping but not as bad as I had before (the only good part). I'm 24 yo and my sex drive is nonexistent, that's the main reason I need to switch. I'm also get very sad and emotional over nothing. I tried to give it a chance and tough it out hoping it would get better but it's not. I'm switching asap."

Rae232323 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017