User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

5.2

63 reviews
Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 4.9 354 reviews

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "My insurance stopped covering LoLoestrin so my doctor switched me to Junel. I've been taking it for 3 months, but I'm stopping today. It has caused so many problems for me. The main issue is the extreme stomach cramps accompanied by nausea. I had to leave work this morning because I was so sick and when I texted my boss later, I noticed that the last time I was this sick was exactly one month ago. It was like a lightbulb went off so I started researching. I now realize it's not just the stomach issues. My depression and anxiety have gotten worse. I've had bouts of itching that I assumed were yeast infections. All of this started happening when I started taking Junel. I will never take it again."

Dragonfly (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on the IUD and removed it to start Junel Fe. Six months into taking the birth control I developed a blood clot that almost took my life. My doctors determined that it was in fact the junel fe. I was on disability and unable to walk for 1 month."

Nelly (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for 4 months and I really like it. It is my first birth control. I do not break out and my breasts have gotten bigger. My periods are very light and last only a couple of days (3 ish days). There is no significant weight gain, but I do notice that it does make me crave food more. Not that much, but always balance your meals. I do not get cramps anymore ever since Junel Fe."

amelia April 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 27 & have been taking the pill since I was 18. I've been taking Microgestin for a few years & was randomly switched to Junel due to the pharmacy's mistake. Long story short, I immediately noticed a difference on Junel Fe. Before this, I developed excruciating headaches over time (I believe) from being on the pill. After starting Junel Fe, my headaches were the worst I've ever experienced. I had major bloating. I gained at least 5lbs. in less than a month and I have a pretty healthy diet & lifestyle working out 3 days a week. From an emotional standpoint, I was MISERABLE. Definitely noticed a big shift in my mood & sex drive & could hardly focus on tasks. Now, the EXTREME FATIGUE - I noticed a dramatic shift in my sleep. I could hardly fall asleep or stay asleep, yet I was unbelievably tired nonstop. I think the ONLY plus was my hair felt got thicker and grew a little. Even though I preferred Micro, I'm going to try Nuvaring. I can't live with these headaches another second."

Minnie_Mouse_124 April 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Pain during sex and sex drive gone..."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2018

For Birth Control "The first week of the first pack I was nauseous every single day and mini anxiety attacks. It was to the point that I thought I was pregnant. When I started to take the sugar Pill, I was back nauseous again and also nauseous on the first week of the 2nd pack. Also I’ve only been on this pill for 2 months and gained tons of weight. I just had my first emotional breakdown this week. My periods are super light which I’m not use to but I don’t mind it. My terrible acne that I’ve had for 9 years is finally clearing up. Im going to give the bc 2 more months and if the nausea doesn’t go away I will have to let it go. I work in the hospital so I smell tons of awful things. The nausea is bad!!!!!!!!! The only reason I haven’t let it go is because my skin has improved tremendously and have seen my skin look good since I was 13. I’m 22."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2018

For Birth Control "This is by far the worst medicine I have ever taken. I started taking Minastrin and was then switched to a generic that I am not sure of the name of. That generic was wonderful. After about a year, my doctor randomly switched to this generic instead. I have been MISERABLE for the last month. The worst part has been the mood swings. My anxiety has been out of control and I get so frustrated so easily. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone. I called my doctor today. I am finishing the first pack and then switching back to the previous generic next week."

Anonymous April 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm now on my second pack of pills. Before starting I was very hesitant due to reading many negative reviews but I decided to give it a shot....needless to say , the reviews are accurate. The first month was “ok”. I experienced breakthrough bleeding which wasn't a big deal at first. That's all I really dealt with the first month. It's the second month that is taking a toll on me , my emotions & body. I have noticed my anxiety at an all time high to the point to where I can't sleep (I'm medically diagnosed with a generalized anxiety) , I have been very moody , I'm STILL experiencing breakthrough bleeding , my calf muscles are now hurting along with my arm. I'm skeptical but I won't jump to conclusions. I'm honestly thinking of getting off. There has been no good from this pill. These reviews are very relatable."

MarieW (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on almost two months now, severe sore breasts. Insanely unhealthy high sex drive increase. Emotional crying at random moments of the day, shorter fuse I'm always angry now. High anxiety and stress. Broke out in acne on the second pack. Gained 3lbs."

Gabby (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I just started this birth control before I was on microgestin Fe1/20 but my doctor switched me to this one. I believe this birth control helped me so much with my acne which the other one was causing, and it has helped me lose weight and I have lighter to no periods and light cramping. The downside from this is that I been getting super bad panic attacks I want to stop taking it because of how bad they have been."

Perl (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill was recommended to me after my insurance stopped covering Lo Loestrin FE (which I liked!). I've been on it for one month now. My experience-- moderately sore boobs / my period came back (sigh... I miss the days of Lo Loestrin because it stopped my period) / frequent random crying and lethargy, plus unrelenting dark thoughts. Seriously?? Considering going off it."

b990011 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2018

For Birth Control "After reading all these reviews I am so relieved! I had terrible mood swings, my boyfriend actually broke up with me because I was so moody and would snap at him almost every day! I would snap at my friends too and ended up almost losing them. I wish I would have these reviews sooner and maybe I wouldn't be out a boyfriend. I definitely do not recommend this birth control. I know each person responds differently, but I have yet to read a single positive review and I've read about 20-30 so far. This drug should for sure be taken off the market by how many people are experiencing terrible mood swings and increased depression and anxiety."

anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this BC for a week. By day 3 I was already feeling symptoms of depression, anxiety, and major mood swings. I never felt so horrible in my life. I have cramps like I'm going to get a period, my chin broke out with acne and I am unmotivated to do anything! My insurance no longer covered the LoLoestrin I was on, so made me switch. Well guess what, I am not taking this ANY LONGER!!!"

RC (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I been on this pill for a little over 3 months after not being in BC for a very long time. I agree my breasts did get bigger but I felt depressed most of the time.  I didn't have an acne problem but now I do.  I had random cramps all over my body.  I been very moody and emotional lately. I had to stop taking this pill immediately!! I do not recommend this pill at all!!!!"

Angie811 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started this pill the first three months were a living nightmare. I was super emotional, I was so depressed to the point I was concerned for my mental health (I knew it was the pill but it was too scary), I was super quick to get angry. Luckily after that terrible experience I quickly levelled out. I've currently been on it six months. It's nothing compared to my Lomedia. I'm not happy with it, I'm only sticking with it because I'm terrified to try anything else after what the beginning of this pill was like for me. Six months in and I'm starting to be super emotional all over again, up until now for a few months I was experiencing vaginal dryness (which has never been an issue of mine) and it leads to sex being painful. The past few weeks (off my period) I'm hungry all the time. I've already gained a good 5-10 pounds on the pill and I'm 5'0. I can't put on anymore weight. I would NOT recommend this pill. The beginning was almost impossible."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "My doc prescribed this in February I've never heard of it so I did researched was a lot of bad reviews. I told my doctor about the reviews and she said everyone different which is true. I decided to try I started the pill 6 days ago on day 1 of my period and its not good at all. My period comes for 5 days on the 5th day there's barely blood so its non existent. This pill has my period running like crazy & heavy. Today is my 6th day & it's running like it's 1st -3rd day. I'm stopping it today to get it out my system so my period can stop. When I pee it just gushes out. I'm done with this pill and birth control pills period! The fake hormones are not good for the natural body cycle. I used to take orthocylen lo years ago & never had a problem I've been off the pills for a lot of years. I also tried another brand last summer for a month and had to stop that as well. There's other healthy ways to have safe sex & prevent pregnancy. Women do your body a favor and keep it as natural as possible."

Cp (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I am on my second pack and now on the second week in and I have got my period! I’m always hungry, my face is breaking out and I have cramping which I’ve never had before. I’m not sure if I should give it one more month or stop taking it"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "Awful. Gained so much weight. Face broke out. Anxiety attacks. No motivation. Switching birth controls ASAP"

Mm March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I actually lost 16 pounds in 2 months taking this birth control!!! I noticed I don’t have any cramps during my period (so thankful). I’m not going to lie, I’ve became more emotional and cry over anything/everything. My breast are sore often and feel extremely heavy. Even with these side effects I’m really satisfied and will continue taking Junel."

Heidy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I started on this pill after moving and seeing a new doctor and it has been around 7 months of use. My anxiety has escalated an insane amount and my motivation for anything is almost nonexistent which is very unlike me, I have also been spotting like every other week. I was starting to get really concerned until I decided to look up reviews on this medication. Seeing that people have had the same experience as me makes me feel much better. I am switching asap."

Anonymous March 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on LoLoestrin for over a year and never had any problems except for some weight gain. I had to switch to Junel due to insurance coverage and it is awful. I'm only on my second week of taking it and the mood swings and irritability are insanely awful. I am constantly hungry no matter how much food I eat I just want to keep eating and I am tired all day long. I have no motivation to do anything. Having stomach aches and cramps when I'm not expecting my period anytime soon and my chronic headaches have gotten much worse. My sex drive is completely gone and I just keep snapping at everyone for no reason."

julianicole (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control sucks I've been experiencing irregular bleeding ever since I started taking this and I swear it's made sex painful like I don't even know. I did experience a mental breakdown the first week and now I'm just always moody. I have cravings more now than I did before the pill. I'm just sick of bleeding everyday what a horrible pill! I'm switching asap I don't know why my doctor prescribed me this yucky pill with such horrid side effects. Today was probably the last day that I took it and I'll be throwing the rest out I don't even care what my husband says my health is more important. Very unsatisfied. I took birth control a few years ago and has no issues I think it was tri cyclen way better results there."

Dawn (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I had never been on birth control before this one and at first it wasn’t bad. I had slight breast tenderness the first few weeks and that was it. As the weeks progressed I started to break out A LOT. I’ve never had acne before and my doctor said most symptoms would go away after about 3 months. Needless to say my acne became worse, my moods swings were horrible and my anxiety was unbearable. I would cry over the littlest things. I was having panic attacks in class and at work. My anxiety became so bad that it was making me sick. The stress on my stomach was so bad it gave me FREAKING gastritis!!! I was on the pill for 6 months before I decided to stop and as soon as I did most of my symptoms disappeared. The only good thing about it was that my period was super light and my cramps were gone."

Ellie25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on this medicine for the 21 days and now I’m off for 7 days and during the 7 days , I got my period or break through period. Worst period of my life, worst cramps I’ve ever had. Unbearable even with taking a pain reliever. I am having bleeding with blood clots on top of the severe cramping that almost made me cry. I have noticed I have more of an appetite and I have also been depressed from this medicine. I have experienced a dry vagina also. I know it’s only been a month and it needs to get in my system but I’m gonna give it another month, I’m not sure if the side effects are worth the benefits for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm on my 4th pack, so I've given my body 3 months to get used to it. Good things: breasts aren't sore anymore after the initial 3 months, acne isn't horrible but I don't have clear skin either, went from a C cup to a D cup, and my periods have gone from mildly heavy and super painful to extremely light and almost pain-free. Bad things: if I don't take this pill early in the day (before 10 pm) then I'll have panic attacks in the middle of the night. They often spread through my body making my legs feel weak and making me lightheaded and dizzy. This is especially true during the first few pills of each pack. Also, I cry several times a day over the smallest, stupidest thing and I wasn't like this before taking this pill. Taking all of this into consideration, in my case I've decided to take the bad with the good. I can live through these side effects because Junel has made my periods so much better. 4 out of 5 stars. Would recommend if you can make it past the first 3 months."

Anonymous February 25, 2018