User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control 215 reviews 299 medications

5.1
Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 215 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "This works as birth control because you won't ever have sex on it since you'll bleed all month long and you'll have no sex drive."

trying to fix my acne (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My face currently looks like a pizza. Not only do I have the worst acne I have ever had in my ENTIRE life (I am 27 years old, mind you - I have been on birth control since I was 16) my last period was 10 days and I spot regularly. I absolutely HATE this birth control. Generic for Loestrin my butt, absolutely not. They need to remove this from the market today. Lomedia - the best birth control - had my period down to about 2 days, maybe. I am switching over to Blisovi as of today. This birth control is not worth it."

This is the worst pill August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a month, and so far I have no major complaints. I previously tried Sprintec and after 3 days I realized it was causing semi-severe panic attacks. However Junel FE has not affected me negatively in any way (that I know of) and I'm not pregnant so I'd say it's pretty effective. The only small nuisance I've experienced is some breakthrough bleeding since I skipped the placebo week, but that's not uncommon."

young21 August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was switched to Junel after a problem with my Rx at CVS and took it for almost a month. Near the end of that month, I started getting extreme anxiety with no history of anxiety ever in my life. After stopping and refusing to take the last two pills of my 24 day pack, I developed such a bad depression where I would have bouts of crying and couldn't think straight. I'd lay on my bed and cry for hours straight and haven't been able to stop since. The anxiety wouldn't go away, even at work when I would try and keep myself busy. My head was constantly screaming irrational fears at me. I stopped eating, stopped brushing my hair, stopped wanting to see my boyfriend and family (who are extremely loving and supportive). AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!"

Gemini21 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been really satisfied with this birth control pill. I've been on it for nearly 3 months and it's everything I wanted and more. I haven't gained weight, my acne has gotten way better than it was, I have been protected from pregnancy (I take this pill RELIGIOUSLY down to the minute every single day!) At first, it can be tough with the mood swings but TRUST ME, they go away. My sex drive is great, my mood is great and life if great with this pill. I highly recommend it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I cannot give it a 10 because I have only taken the pills for two and a half months. I have no mood swings due to the pills my hormones are not all over the place which is surprising. I have not had any bacterial or yeast infection which I had that issue with other birth controls. My sex drive is great. I used the pills to manipulate my period And I have not had one. So I have to go to the doctor on Monday just to be sure I'm not pregnant otherwise the pills are awesome"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill is effective in preventing pregnancy and helping with acne. I haven't gained weight but the only problem are the anxiety attacks that I tend to get while on this pill. Other than that, it's a pretty good pill, and I've been taking it every day, at the same minute and I've been protected from pregnancy."

Anonymous August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel Fe for several months now, it is very similar from Nortrel. I have no "weight gain, no emotional or mental problems, no anxiety attacks or feel like I am floating," lol These pills are awesome, I even take them so I don't get a period and I haven't had a period in 6 months. AMAZING! I recommended these to my two sisters already who are making the switch and would gladly recommend these to anyone. Junel Fe does the job completely."

GabiAntionette August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Almost done with 2nd pack. Taking for PCOS causing acne, late periods, and severe cramps. Acne- improving slowly but surely. still breaking out a bit but less than before. (also on spiro 50mg once a day) Cramps- MUCH better. still a bit crampy when I bleed but not nearly as severe as before. Periods- on time during the 4th week. Not heavy, not light, normal. lasting a 4-5 days. Mood- I've noticed I'm extra moody sometimes, especially when I'm hungry, but I haven't noticed a change in anxiety or sadness. Weight- No change Contraceptive effectiveness- so far so good! Sex drive- slight decline Other- nausea comes and goes"

Nursegirl28 August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I will say this for the people in the back, "THIS PILL WILL MAKE YOU HATE YOURSELF." I started taking Junel because my period lasted for 14 days. With Junel I as able to get down to 4-6 days and it has been fantastic. I recently decided to stop taking it because it makes my anxiety a monster that I or my wife do not want to face. I am emotionally and mentally all over the place. My wife was previously on Junel and not only did it make her anxiety fly through the roof, but deep dark thoughts do float around in some women who take Junel. I would advise extreme caution when taking hormones. It can make you a very unhappy person."

Kriiss August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill was great for regulating my periods and making them lighter. However, I constantly felt I was walking around in a cloud. I had ZERO sex drive, and the anxiety and anxiety attacks were getting out of hand. This medication also caused my chest pains. I went to my primary and she without a doubt said that these birth control pills were causing the anxiety attacks. I also gained weight. The worse part was it started to make me feel extremely depressed. Anyone already on depression meds or struggling with depression SHOULD NOT take this pill. Won't ever try birth control pills ever again."

JunelNoGo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this for about a year, and towards the end I was bleeding every single day, despite always taking it within a minute of my scheduled time. It marginally alleviated my cramps."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on June for a little over 4 years now. I never had any mood swings or weight gain and it cleared up my acne. I don't get my period ever- which I don't mind at all. Probably going to stay on Junel for a long time! I see a lot of bad reviews, but this is my honest opinion!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I was prescribed this to regulate my periods, reduce my cramps, and help with my severe depression around my period. It did none of these things. I was on it for 2 months and in that time I got my period every two weeks, broke out horribly all over my face and back, gained ten pounds, and was nauseous every day. My gyno told me to try it out for 3 months but honestly the side effects were too miserable to last another month."

Not a fan (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My wife was put on Junel by her OB doctor and only took it for about one week. It made her feel extremely sick - nausea, vomiting & flu-like symptoms. During the one week that she was taking Junel she ended up developing a blood clot that went to both her lungs and was hospitalized with bilateral pulmonary embolisms. Luckily she recognized that something was wrong and went straight to the ER and was diagnosed quickly and started on anticoagulants which she now gets to take for 6 months to 2 years. The doctors state that Junel was definitely a contributing factor to the blood clots. People frequently die from pulmonary embolisms if not treated in time and now my wife is at a higher risk for future clots...Think twice before using Junel"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control since I was 13 to help my periods now I'm 21 and I'm starting to recognize it's side effects. I'm 21 with no sex drive at all and painful sex with severe dryness. I will be getting off this birth control very soon and visiting my doctor because it's affecting my hormones."

Kmf1995 July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've taken countless birth controls mainly because I used to have awful, heavy periods and I have had to switch numerous times due to a problem always arising with the BC I take. I have always had clear skin. Not perfect; a breakout here and there, but nice skin. I have been on June Fe for 2 months now and my skin is horrendous. I have back acne. My chest is even breaking out. I have bumps all over my forehead and cheeks (I have NEVER had acne on my cheeks) and even starting to come up on my neck. Do NOT take this for acne. Luckily, I haven't had any severe mood swings or depressions which is why I switched BC pills last time. I heard this medication was bad about making you crazy or depressed. All I know is this stuff made me break out bad"

Der97 July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control has been horrible. My regular bc was discontinued so the pharmacy gave me Junel since it is the generic. Junel has made me feel so bloated and has made my acne get worse. I am definitely not buying another pack and will be switching to another pill."

guest798 June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "In 2014 I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was 14 years old and had no idea what to expect. In 2017 I was switched from Tri-Previfem to Junel FE 1/20, the 21 day pack. I've been on it for 3 months now. In that time span I've been constantly woken up from nightmares and have anxiety attacks and heart palpations. My mood has literally been off the wall. I snap at everything. If someone even asks me a question I blow up. I'm also constantly nauseous. I honestly thought I was pregnant at first, but many doctors and home tests proved me wrong. I wouldn't suggest this because I've never had problems with anxiety before this. Definitely going to my gyno to switch soon!!"

McKenSand (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "For the past year or so, this pill has been a godsend. No worrying about an unintended pregnancy, great skin, short or non-existant periods...it's perfect. For my first year or so on it though, I was an emotional mess. I stopped wanting to go out and was near constantly sad. I have a tendency towards some mild anxiety (It is not severe and I choose to not take medication) but not depression, so I could deal with these symptoms (sort of) and figured that I'd ask about switching at my yearly OB/GYN visit. Almost a week before I went though, it was like a switch was flipped. Now it's like I'm not even on a medication. I will say though that I have always taken it RELIGIOUSLY down to the minute every single day, which I'm sure helps a lot."

BCL June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel for close to 5 years. It did the job of preventing pregnancies. It didn't do much to clear up my acne. I had crazy breakouts on my forehead the first year of taking it but my body has gotten used to the hormones so I'll only get a few zits right before my period. The curious thing about this BC for me is that my period will skip to every other month. I won't get it one month, but the next month, I'll have a really heavy flow. No significant weight gain or mood swings on this pill. The only thing I despise is that it has made me incredibly dry down there and decreased my sex drive. Overall it's an alright pill and I don't hate it. Unfortunately, I have to switch to a new pill since my insurance no longer covers it."

Ajdjdosne June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been on this one or Gildess 21 day, for almost five years. I didn't feel a difference between Gildess and this. I love how this regulates my periods. I always know when the first day is coming, and the cramps and heavy bleeding only last one day, on the first day, when they lasted longer before the pill. I will say, I have forgotten to take the pill until the next day and felt fine (would still use backup birth control) but the one day I lost the pill and didn't take it at all, I got a massive migraine a couple days later. Probably something to do with the hormones. If you have some anxiety on it, try daily vitamin B. It helped me a bit, although I know that isn't the definitive answer for everyone. Overall, I would suggest this pill."

Devdevo (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Junel fe worked and did its job when it came to birth control, and it did help my acne. But when it came to my irregular periods (the main reason why I was put on it) it didn't regulate me and I'd go months with having it and months without having it, then I was placed on a different birth control for my regulations. Pretty good overall."

Lynne776 June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first time taking birth control due to me always bleeding (being on my period). Whenever I bleed, it's never heavy but the thought of always bleeding became extremely annoying. I was given the option to take birth control. I decided to go ahead and try it out. I started 4 days ago and have no complaints. No sign of depression, irritability, no change in sex drive, etc. I am happy to say that the bleeding has stopped! I am never been so happier, you just don't understand. So far no complaints, the future is yet to come. I'll keep you all posted."

Teshawna (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this because my previous birth control was on backorder at every pharmacy. I've had acne for about 5 yrs & I've tried everything but accutane, but to no avail. I accepted that I was going to have to deal with acne. I'm entering my third month on Junel now and have noticed a drastic difference in my skin. I was a little bummed by Junel at first because I was having regular spotting (I'm a period skipper), but now that I've seen this change in my skin I think I'll deal with the spotting. It was an accidental benefit, but I'm very happy with it. Can't attest to the effectiveness of pregnancy prevention bc I always use condoms."

Janis8767 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017