User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.7

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 4.8 348 reviews

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "Its weird to see so many bad experiences with this birth control. I use it primarily to relieve my cramps and blood flow and the first three months are difficult, it takes time for the body to adjust; and every time you skip 2 or 3 days, you basically hit a reset. I have been taking this brand for almost 2 years with a few resets in this time period and I have enjoyed it! I had to switch to lite tampons and I haven't had cramps since. I'm currently in a reset and I am experiencing some cramps, along with anxiety and mild depression but it also has to do with new job, school stress and financial situations. I believe my body pains have very little to do with the birth control I'm taking. My face has cleared a lot and overall very happy with this pill. Everyone is different!"

thatMiamigirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I began taking birth control since last November due to my awful cramps and hopefully clearing my skin. I had a light period, to begin with, and my gyno wanted to give me something not too strong. The first month I had spotting. But I think it was too strong to be considered "light spotting". My skin also became worse. However, everyone told me that your skin becomes worse and then clear. It took me until June to realize that this pill just wasn't for me. This pill GAVE me acne. I have since changed my prescription"

Everdaygirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been-on this birth control (BC) for about 6 months. (I used to be on gildess but it has been discontinued from the factory and this one was perfect match). I feel like this BC has made my depression and anxiety worse. I still experience mild nausea. My face breaks out and they seem to stay there. I’m always emotional and agitated I get cramps but they are minimal. My periods are light but they are a brownish color. I’m going to stop it because I want to see if my depression gets better or maybe try a new birth control. I wish they would bring back gildess"

Nessa (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Having serious depressive moods along w/ tiredness, nausea & spotting. Posting a review here to warn other women."

Berth (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I been on this BC for 3 months now and it's the worst thing ever. I have constant spotting all month long. My periods last for about 2-3 weeks and the cramping and headaches are painful. I don't recommend this BC to anyone. I'm always moody and never seem to have any energy to do anything. The nausea is the worst part of all, it lasts all day long. I have no appetite either. I'm not starting a new pack because I'm going to find a new BC. This is one sucks and isn't agreeing with my body."

Molly (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "My pharmacist couldn’t get my regular birth control in and said this was close enough to my normal pack. Well maybe ingredient wise but this made me sick for two months straight! I started losing weight because I couldn’t eat, everything made me sick to my stomach. Don’t forgot the headaches that would come daily. Yes, my doctor checked to make sure I was pregnant. Soon we figured it out and all went back to normal when I trashed these nasty birth control pills and went back to my others."

Nauseous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Junel Fe 1/20 about 2 weeks ago and the side effects are unbearable for me. I’m bloated almost every day and it makes my depression worse than before. I’ve gained almost 10 pounds and it’s extremely uncomfortable, not to mention the crazy nausea an mood swings Ive gotten since the day after I started taking it. Do yourself a favor and don’t get this BC."

ctav (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Birth Control "When I first started birth control I was on the Depo shot but had to be taken off because my body didn't react well to so much estrogen. I was then put on Lo Estrin but for some reason my doctor changed my prescription to JUnel Fe 1/20 (WITHOUT TELLING ME) and it took me 6 months of pure misery to figure out it was this awful form of birth control instead of my original pills that I was taking. This has made me very moody and aggressive and I bled so heavily I thought I was having a miscarriage. I had to change my tampon every 15-30 minutes; I went from a regular to a super tampon after putting me body through this torture. I stopped my period and then started it again the next day. I'm so outraged, this is the second worst birth control ever created and I feel so sorry for anyone willing to take it. I'm definitely switching health providers because how unprofessional could a doctor be to that to their client."

Originalgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this medication for 3 months and it made me so depressed. My anxiety was through the roof and I cried almost everyday for no reason. I never had problems with depression before taking this. I also was spotting often. I was originally on tarina and did not have any other problems besides slight mood swings. My doctor switched me to junel fe 1/20 and it has been terrible ever since. I had no appetite either. Do not take this."

mg100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for about 2 weeks and since the first day I started it I’ve felt moody. My anxiety has gotten worse and I’m getting headaches almost everyday. I will be picking up my old pill (previfem) which I had a lot better experience on from the pharmacy soon. My doctor switched me from previfem to Junel Fe because I was having some small breakouts. BUT I’ll take a small breakout and feeling good mentally and physically on Previfem over feeling horrible but having clear skin on Junel fe."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this product to anyone. Since the day I've started taking this pill, I have been bleeding nonstop. I bled my entire vacation in the Bahamas with terrible cramping. Honestly, it felt like I was having a miscarriage. It is now going on 9 days. I have to discontinue this. This can't be life. I will be reporting this adverse effect to Teva and deal with my regular period and it's cramps accordingly."

Hot mess July 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on and off of Junel Fe 1/20, for this past year and previously took Loestrin, and before that Depo-Provera (worst three years ever!!). I started taking Junel Fe back in January, and by the first week I was already regretting it. I was eating everything in sight, having the worst mood swings, and 0 Sex drive!! I finished the first pack and gained 10 pounds in one month, and then took a break from it. Recently I have had a pregnancy scare, which I resorted into getting another pack just to give it another try... Needless to say, my mood swings were awful, and my sex drive was nonexistent, to the point that sex hurt. Also, in trying another pack, one hour after taking a pill I would feel nauseated and lethargic... Do yourself a favor, and do not take these. They are a nightmare!"

Hanna (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I took Junel Fe 1/20 for 6 years and 3 months. I was put on it at the age of 18 for how bad my cramps were. I had no problems with it until a few months ago. A few months ago, I started getting spotting (brown) mid cycle exactly to the day. For the 3 months of spotting it lasted a day, this past month it lasted 3 days. During these months I noticed I was moody and depression was a lot worse and I gained 10 lbs in a short span of months I was never more than 100 lbs is all I am saying. Today, I went to my gynecologist and she checked to see if anything could be causing the spotting other than maybe that my body was too used to this pill. There was nothing, she decided to up my dosage to Junel 1.5/30. I have read the reviews of that pill and am very nervous to start it next month. But, for Junel 1/20 I would highly recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel Fe 1/20 for a little over 6 months now, I have suffered from irregular periods my whole life. I’m 21 years old and my periods were lasting 3 weeks at a time and I’d only have a week or two off which had caused a lot of bacterial infections and my ph balance to be all wonky and to top it off I had horrible cramps that would make me sick and I always felt fatigued. My OBGYN suggested I take Junel Fe 1/20 and to only take the dark brown pills once every three months... so I only get a period every three months and let me tell you it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I feel free. I feel like a new women. The first three months on the medication I did spot a lot and I didn’t feel the absolute best all the time but I pushed through and now I only have one period every three months and it’s 5 days long. This worked great for me!"

Aly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I just started taking junel, by my second week I noticed that I was getting A LOT more discharge then usual and also it began to have an odor. Regularly I get light discharge that’s ordorless like normal so I knew it was the pill. Now I am experiencing bleeding and pain after sex to a point where I can’t even move. I’ve never experienced that before with any birth control it definitely does not sound normal at all. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYBODY! I have been taking it for about 2 weeks and already have had the worst experience there is so many other good birth controls that you can get."

A moran (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2018

For Birth Control "Had been taking the and my periods were irregular on it. I then had a tubal pregnancy when I stopped taking it and now breast cancer! Does anyone else have breast cancer after taking Junel Fe 1/20?"

Tiny (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "3 days and done. I don’t typically write reviews but this medication ruined 3 days of my life and I wouldn’t wish this feeling on my worst enemy. My body did NOT like Junel one bit. Took it at night with food, woke up each day throwing up and feeling incredibly nauseous. Emotions were an absolute nightmare. Crying for no reason, etc. I know there is a 3 month “adjustment period” but there’s no way I’m spending 3 months of my life puking every day and feeling like an emotional monster. Anything hormonal is not for me!"

Nope (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I hate this pill, I know hate is such a strong word but no other I can give it. I’m on my third pack (3rd month) and I’m officially dropping it. I’ve experienced mood swings like crazy, cry about anything and what’s worse I’ve gained weight. My period came and went without a specific time and I have painful cramps and breast tenderness so hurtful that I can’t even touch them with my shirt. I don’t recommend this BC."

MC (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill is horrible, my normal prescription of Microgestrin was replaced by Junel Fe. In 3 months I have gained 10 pounds, constantly bloated, emotional, depressed, dry hair, breast swelling and tenderness and insomnia has been horrible. It took me 3 months and research to realize it was this new birth control, I thought I was starting menopause. I have stopped taking and in 1 week less bloated and in a better mood. Do NOT take this BCP."

Mac77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Junel after a tubal pregnancy that resulted in removal of one of my fallopian tubes. I gave it 3 months. I noticed that my mood swings were terrible. Major depression and lots of anxiety. It was like the 3 weeks of the month I’d be taking the pills was like PMS and the week I took no pills I was my normal self. I also noticed that Junel made me gain weight. My eating habits didn’t change but I still gained about 20 lbs in the 3 months I was taking it. I stopped taking the pills almost 3 weeks ago and I feel like I’m back to my normal self. Already dropped a pants size as well. I hated Junel and I’ll never take it again."

Cici (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Junel for over a decade. I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 17, and have been on continuous birth control since then (as in no periods. My pill packs are 3 weeks each). Junel has absolutely been successful in stopping my period (thus stopping the spread of endometriosis), but I’m wondering how much it has impacted pretty much every other element of my life. In the past decade, I’ve been hospitalized twice for depression and continue to experience anxiety. I have bouts of unexplained nausea and vomiting. Now, out of nowhere, I have gained 10+ lbs, despite the fact I am the most active/healthiest I’ve ever been, I’m breaking out with horrible acne, and I feel like I’m going through puberty all over again. Obviously all these things could have other causes, but based on others’ reviews, I’m becoming extremely suspicious. Junel has improved my quality of life in some sense, but decreasing it in others. Def going to talk to my PCP about switching."

AlyD (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Stopped BC for about 2 years, and then went on it again a year and a half ago, about 3 months before I got married. About 4 months after taking it, I had my first ever panic attack. I slowly gained weight all the time to the point that now I am 22 pounds heavier then when I started. I have bad anxiety and feel stressed ALL the time. I thought this was just due to being married (everyone kept telling me "the first year of marriage is stressful, everyone gains weight after they get married). I've literally tried everything to loose weight and manage my stress and have only GAINED weight and felt the same emotionally. I thought this was all normal due to my life change and getting older (turned 33 this year) and now to find all of these reviews a year and a half later it's all getting put together in my head. Finishing this month and then getting off this! Will give an updated review a couple months after being off it."

Anonymous July 4, 2018

For Birth Control "Junel Fe 1/20 birth control is awful. I take it as directed, been on it about 7 weeks. 5 of those weeks I've been either on my period or spotting extremely heavy. I have no appetite whatsoever and the first 3 weeks I was insanely dizzy and nauseous. The only plus side is my boobs got bigger which even that my breasts are incredibly tender and painful. Do yourself a favor and don't go on this pill. Mind you previously I have never had this issue with any other pill and my periods have always been like clockwork and now I never know when it's going to happen and I have ruined at least 3 sheets. Hate this pill"

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I've recently started using birth control (about 10 months) and I'm 29. For the first 6 months I was on Larin FE, and my pharmacy had to switch to Junel FE. I've been on Junel for almost 4 months. Theoretically, all of these have the same active ingredient (norethindrone acetate, ethinyl estradiol), these are just different brand names. Anywho, I've had an overall good experience with Junel. As my experience with Larin and with Junel, I had migraines with my first pack probably for the first few days and it quickly went away. I've had no major, noticeable side effects except for the 4th week of my pack, my period comes during the second pill/day - and am experiencing more cramping than when I was on Larin. With Larin, my periods came during the 3rd week, with was super annoying."

pringles (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2018

For Birth Control "My pharmacy switched from Blisovi FE, to Junel due to brand changes over in their department.And I took this thinking it would be the same I WAS SO WRONG. I like to think I am a level-headed individual, but on this, I am yoyo-ing from 2-8 in emotion reactions at the drop of a hat. And crying over the most stupid things. I haven't finished my second full week of this and I already want to throw it out the window. I think I would be able to handle the mood swings, but along with this comes nausea 1-3 hours after taking it (which is a huge worry about trying to keep it down so I don't lose the dosage), and an upset stomach/diarrhea the next day from it. Possibly also a hugely dropped tolerance in alcohol, since 1 beverage managed to hang around for HOURS to the point I wondered if I was at the start of an illness (I was not, it was the new pill)"

mickey June 22, 2018