User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.5

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 4.6 496 reviews

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for two weeks and experienced mood swings, cramps, an infection and spots of bleeding. I immediately asked for a change in medicine."

CB20 June 10, 2019

For Birth Control "Before taking June FE 1/20 I read almost all the reviews online. Majority of the reviews were bad which caused me to become worried about taking it. I then realized everyone’s body is completely different and may have different reactions to the pill. So I thought I should try it out for myself. I’ve been on the pill since October 2018 to this day and so far I’ve only had one bad side effect, chest pain. The chest pain isn’t that bad, but it does come and go. I was worried about having anxiety attacks because I do suffer from anxiety, but my anxiety has been pretty much the same, nothing crazy. Another side effect I have noticed is breast growth, which is fine by me because I was an A cup. I would advise other females to take it and see how your body reacts to it. Don’t be scared and remember that everyone is different. Once you start taking it, look out for the side effects and if you have any, consult your doctor/Gyn right away! Good luck :)"

BlueJay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on the Junel Fe 1/20 pill for almost 3 months! I switched from Taytulla and was very scared considering I loved Taytulla. Fortunately I transitioned to this pill with ease. Prevents pregnancy and I've seen no significant side effects. Among all these bad reviews I can say I love this pill! No weight gain.. helps with acne. No mood swings. Give it a try! PS these pills contain the same active ingredients at the same strength the only difference is Junel is 21 days of active tabs, 7 days of inactive tabs, whereas Taytulla is 24 days active tabs and 4 days inactive tabs, and Taytulla is a capsule"

Brittlynne93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill is absolutely awful. On Junel Fe 1/20 I am spotting non-stop, cramps, breaking out, horrendous migraines, bloated, and zero sex drive. Prior to starting this, I was off BC pills for about 6 months and felt great, doc said I need to take BC because I take this other med that you cannot get pregnant on. Not worth all the horrible side effects, will use condoms."

The worst (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2019

For Birth Control "Ive been on Junel Fe 1/20 for around two years. It really helped clear up my acne but I always have occasional break outs around my period. I take it at night versus my other medicines (antidepressant, anxiety, thyroid) in the morning. Beforehand, I thought I may have had endometriosis, but it lightened my period and reduced my menstrual pains. I normally last around 2-4 days"

C (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel since 2014. I use to have really bad periods, heavy bleeding and terrible cramps that made walking and completing tasks unbearable. Junel helped regulate my cycle by lightening the bleeding and cramps. The only downfall to this is the massive weight gain. I’ve gained over 50lbs since starting this pill and my breast will not stop growing. I went from a D cup to a H cup."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I absolutely hate these pills. I was on it for FOUR months. It would have been three months but my pharmacy messed up my order so I tolerated another month of it. I have never been so irritated and moody in my entire life. I have not had a period in the fourth months as well so to some, that might be a good thing. I would not recommend these pills."

MeghanT (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel for a little while now and was prescribed it to help with my ovarian cysts. It has been an effective contraceptive and preventive thus far for me without any side effects unlike listed by many others. Birth control is just tricky and different ones work for different people, many others do not work for me whereas this one does."

B (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2019

For Birth Control "When I first started the pill I was having extreme mood swings and then all of sudden I got really depressed and became unmotivated. I don’t recommend this brand at all to anyone"

Diri (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Junel Fe 1/20 for a year & half. I can say that Junel does it’s job at preventing pregnancy. It has helped my periods become regular & has helped my acne! I’m super thankful for Junel."

KPops (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2019

For Birth Control "Since I started taking the Junel Fe 1/20 pill, I have gained weight, had bad cravings and have not gotten my period for FOUR months now despite taking it everyday at the same time! This pill is terrible. I will not recommend it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I haven’t had my period on this pill except once for the three years I’ve been taking it (and I don’t skip the placebo pills), which is absolutely amazing!!The only drawback is that it gives me mood swings sometimes (I’ll start bawling for no reason at all or over the smallest thing- which I had never done before the pill) but it’s so worth not having a period!! It’s also cleared up my acne. I was most scared of weight gain on birth control and I’ve had none of that."

Tess (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2019

For Birth Control "I don't have too many complaints about this birth control. I Switched from Kariva to Junel Fe 1/20 because I was constantly breakthrough bleeding on Kariva, very moody. I'm now on my fourth cycle. Haven't had my period since I started which I'm not really complaining, took a couple of pregnancy tests all negative. It has improved my acne a lot. I have gained around 10 pounds and been struggling to keep it off. I've had little to no anxiety, been a lot more stable no mood swings. However on the period week which is iron pills, my stomach gets really upset I'm not sure why, however it is manageable. Overall I would say give it a try."

anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2019

For Birth Control "For what it's worth, I started this already having high anxiety and bipolar compounded with an eating disorder - so the points about weight gain and mood swings were pretty freaky to me. I started taking it due to endomitriosis-related period pain. Junel Fe 1/20 has worked perfectly for me; the only change I've noticed is that I don't spend a week in bed barfing from the pain. If you have bipolar II and are worried about the complaints of anxiety/depression worse, give it a try. It worked just fine for me alongside Latuda."

Marzim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2019

For Birth Control "Junel Fe 1/20 seems to be one of the only packs of birth control my insurance wants to cover and it's making me really sick. I've already thrown up once today. I only take Junel Fe 1/20 because I can't afford the other generic brands like Blisovi Fe 1/20, Loestrin FE 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20 packs. Yes I also use condoms but I'm also on the pill because I'm taking all precautions possible not to get pregnant"

Hazel (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been using Junel FE for birth control for about 10 years. I have never had any issues. The light, short periods have been great. No mood swings, no side effects at all. My doc is about to switch me to another and I’m quite sad to switch!"

Nikki (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2019

For Birth Control "I was only on the Junel 1/20 pill for a week and I had to stop taking it. It made me so sick all day everyday, although I only threw up once during that period I was constantly nauseous, I got bloated, my mood swings were terrible. Like bouncing off the walls terrible and my face broke out so bad. I know the pill effects everyone differently but I do not recommend this pill."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

For Birth Control "Omg this birth control was a disgrace, I can’t believe it’s FDA approved. I felt so depressed and soo anxious to the point where I was crying all the time and I couldn’t even get to sleep at night. I tried to make myself at least finish the first pack but I couldn’t. I’ve never felt such profound sorrow in my life. Mood returned to normal after discontinuing."

Fleece31 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2019

For Birth Control "Junel Fe was my first birth control pill a few years ago, now looking back I'd realized it gave me horrible side effects. I gained about 30 pounds, had anxiety (heart racing), depression, mood swings, and an insane appetite. I switched to Sprintec and had a good experience on that one."

Cindy May 10, 2019

For Birth Control "For as long as I can remember I struggled with terrible PMS symptoms such as increased anxiety, depression, bloating, and cramping. I also had very heavy periods that lasted 6-7 days. Since starting Junel Fe pill I can honestly say my PMS symptoms have vastly improved. Under my doctors orders I am taking the pill continuously (skipping placebo's). So I have not had my period this month which has been a huge burden lifted. I have had minimal spotting for a couple of days but only enough to need a pantyliner. I have tried several other types of pills throughout my adult life and this is the only one I have been able to tolerate. I have not experienced significant weight gain but have noticed a bit of a bloated feeling as well as some mild breakouts on my chest and face. My breasts have increased in size, which has been nice as I'm normally a small B cup. I expect all of these side effects to dissipate after 3 months as according to my doctor it takes that long for the body to adjust."

Jenn May 8, 2019

For Birth Control "Took Junel Fe for about 1.25 years. Everything was fine (besides 2 random hot flashes in the beginning) for a while until about 1 year after I started taking it. Didn’t have my period for 84 days (Jan-May) and I got really freaked out and kept taking pregnancy tests which were all coming back negative. Apparently it can make you stop having a period after a while, which I cannot handle. Then I got my period again and was in some of the worst pain of my life. Switched to Larin, but I’m a little worried cuz a lot of people are reporting having more anxiety on it. I guess we’ll see..."

CasuallySo (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Junel for a little over 6 months now. When I first started taking it I had a light period for over 2 weeks straight. Since then I haven’t had a period at all. While I enjoy that, I find it really odd. Will definitely be making an appointment soon with my doctor."

Annie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 2, 2019

For Birth Control "I wish I could rate Junel Fe a 0, but I cannot. I developed really itchy skin, then it turned into hives EVERYWHERE on my body. I became extremely angry, anxious and depressed on this. I have never felt this way over a birth control pill. The hives have taken over my body and I have gone to get looked at and turns out I'm allergic to it. My skin was perfect before and now its rough, dry & full of hives. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PILL AT AL COSTS!!!!"

Anonymous April 30, 2019

For Birth Control "I began this pill and within 3 to 4 days of starting it, my lips began to swell and turn patchy red with disturbed blood vessels. It felt like my lips were on fire. I did not eat ANYTHING new or try ANY new products that involved my lips other than this pill. I really hate this pill. I talked to my doctor. I am getting off this pill ASAP. Allergic reactions beware... -____-"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2019

For Birth Control "The only think worst than the 2 week long period (followed by a yeast infection) is my mood. I'm crying multiple times a day-- even at work. My anxiety is through the roof, causing stress and depression, which in my case leads to gastrointestinal issues (nausea and diarrhea). I've only been on this pill for a little while and I cannot wait to get off."

jghftdyfioil April 30, 2019