User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

4.5
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 179 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "Prior to my baby making days, I had been on various brands of birth control pills for about a decade, with never having one single complaint about any of them. The entire first month of taking Junel, I literally bled every single day. But I figured it was just my body recovering from both having a baby and starting up on bc again. Well, I started my second pack a little over a week ago and I have had intense cramping in my lower abdomen/groin, headaches, and even cramping in my legs. I called my OB office, and they told me to take Motrin. Yes, after reading all of these terrifying reviews I'm just going to mask the warning signs my body is giving me with ibuprofen...NOT. As of tonight I am no longer taking this pill. Thank you everyone!"

Really Freaked Out (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

For Birth Control "5 years I took Junel. For the first year it was fine. Lighter periods and less cramps. Year 2 I started suffering from increased anxiety and what everyone else decided was depression even though I insisted it was fatigue. I was as tired as if I had the flu all the time and the week before my period I could not handle a thing. So I got therapy and started eating healthy to treat what my doctors insisted was not symptoms of the pills. I worked out, ate healthy consistently but the weight kept coming on at 5 to 10 lbs a year. My sex drive completely disappeared which doctors will blame on the depression. I finally couldn't handle it and went off two weeks ago. I feel like crying at how much better I feel. It's like I woke up from a coma."

Tapophile September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been having terrible side effects from this pill so googled it and found these reviews which are exactly what I've been experiencing. I'm craving bad foods, gaining weight, my boobs are tremendously sore, I'm tired and I haven't had a period. I've been on many other birth controls that I had no side effects on so I will be switching back to Altavera ASAP!"

Katy S (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel Fe for about 6 months, I'm 21, so far everything is good, I switched pills due to spotting for 60 days straight on a 90 day pills. Junel Fe give me hardly any cramps which is amazing because mine used to be so bad I would vomit and I have light to no periods during brown pill week. I did however notice I want to eat 24/7 (which I can control) and my mood swings are little more severe...sex drive and acne wasn't affected."

Birth Control (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Before Junel I was getting my period 2x a month for 8 full days. This birth control regulated my period to once a month, really light, and maybe a full 4 days. I haven't had any major side effects besides the first month or two I was always hungry and craving junk food. Now I'm on month four back to my regular consistent healthy diet. I never had acne maybe a pimple or two during my periods but this pill does not make me break out and gives me so much energy when you take it everyday at the same time. Recommend this pill"

Alexandra-lex August 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost 4 months now and going into the 3rd month I started experiencing abnormal breakthrough bleeding. The bleeding would occur every other day and has not stopped for almost 2 months now. I've also experienced horrible bloating, cramping, and pelvic and lower back pain. My pill is being switched next month."

Amanda2443 August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel for about 17 months now. As far as it working on acne, it has lessened it but it is not completely gone. My periods prior to Junel were painful, full week long n extremely heavy. Today they are light enough to use a panty liner only, shorter and cramping has been brought down to an all time low. Overall I am happy with this pill, it made some changes and left my mood, weight, and bloating/fatigue during my periods exactly the same. Hope this helps!"

Anonymous N (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2016

"I took this pill after taking Tri Sprintec and this pill gave me abnormal feeling cramps, along with pelvic pain. Along with this my acne came back, and occasionally had break through bleeding. I switched from Tri Sprintec because of break through bleeding, and mood swings, Junel Fe did fix my mood swings, but that is the only positive. I am switching pills"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 9 months now. I have notices signs of exhaustion, it has actually gotten worse and I am noticing it as I am driving, not good!! I have also experienced extreme bloating. My hormones are off the chart!! One minute I will be laughing, then crying, then randomly screaming at getting upset over literally nothing!!!! I just thought maybe something was wrong with me, but I called my doctor and asked when I started the pill, and it was in January, about a month before all these symptoms started and I did not think any thing of it until a few weeks ago when everyone from my bf to my employer told me I was not myself anymore. I am getting off this pill immediately and don't recommend it."

FlowerGirl29 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this now for a month and I LOVE it! My doctor prescribed it to me to take continuously - that way I can skip periods all together. I was very nervous to start it after reading reviews but I am SO glad I did! I was on camila before and since starting Junel my mood has improved significantly, I haven't gotten a real period yet, and my weight has actually steadied - it used to fluctuate to be higher, now if it even fluctuates I weigh less! The first week I was spotting - not even enough to have to wear a pad or anything. If you're considering taking this pill, I say to go for it! Everyone's body reacts differently and it might just work for you :) No bad side effects for me!"

Happy happy! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel for 2 months now. And I haven't got my period. I also been extremely tired all the time and moody. My boobs always hurt. Going to talk to my doctor to see if they can change my birth control..."

Maribobbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I actually recently got off of Junel, and since being off I realized I'm much happier, my sex drive has increased, I've been able to lose weight, and I'm not downright exhausted all the time. When I was still on it I'd notice right before my period I'd turn into a(n even more) psychotic, emotional wreck. I am also significantly less depressed now. I did not like the pill and these are my personal experiences, but of course everyone takes differently to medication."

Currently testing Tri Sprintec (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel for about 9 months. During the first month or two on this pill, I experienced terrible mood swings and depression. This has gotten better, but hasn't completely gone away. However, my periods are lighter and shorter. I still experience regular abnormal bleeding, for instance, one of my periods lasted a full month, and my most recent one started two weeks early. However, it does its job. Personally, I'm not sure whether the benefits outweigh side effects."

Jacey1217 July 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control when I was on it! I also started out on microgestin and when the pharmacys had stopped carrying it, I was switched to the junel. I was luckily enough to have my period for about 2.5 days per month, like clockwork. It cleared up my acne and I felt good. However, I came off of it in January of this year as my hubby and I are thinking about having children soon and I feel like a 15 year old again. My skin is insanely greasy, I'm breaking out like crazy, and to top it off, I've gained 15lbs because my appetite has been out of control! I guess I didn't realize how much junel had been suppressing my appetite and even my teenage acne... And no, I'm not pregnant so the weight gain cannot be contributed to that."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 5, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've had irregular menstrual cycles for years, and when I did have mine, it fame with vomiting and migraines. Junel Fe was the first thing my doctor suggested - she gave me a trial prescription, and I started as soon as my next period did. I had some hot and cold flashes and loss of appetite for a few days, but other than that, I felt great. When my period came, it was far less severe than usual - I didn't feel nearly as sick, and I didn't have to skip class because I couldn't function. I'm only on my second month of Junel, but so far so great. The few side effects I experienced were well worth the payoff."

A. Student (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Birth Control "before my body adjusted i had really bad mood swings. when my first cycle on the pill came around it was a little unsettling to say the least. bad cramping. inconsistent dark blood. menstruation is no longer a hassle though as its practically stopped completely. no mood swings. no change in appetite. less acne. you might not match this pill if you continue to yeild undesirable results."

adjcnt June 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Very surprised at the negative reviews - everyone is different! I've been on Junel for over a year and have loved it. No weight gain or mood swings. I used to have incredibly heavy periods with painful cramping, and all of that has completely disappeared! My periods are light and short, and I honestly get about one cramp a month."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 21 years old, non-smoker, do not drink often, exercise regularly (aka. poster child of health, I was a college athlete as well...I don't even have a cavity!) I recently got diagnosed with DVT (blood clot in leg) and a pulmonary embolism. I was on Junel FE and the 3 doctors I saw said it was due to the birth control. DO NOT TAKE THIS! I know it is considered a "rare" side effect, but it can happen to you easily. Apparently it is not as rare as I thought. The medication is VERY costly and you may have to be on blood thinners for the rest of your life. Be careful."

Erica123! (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2016

For Acne "I just completed my third month on Junel. At first, it made my skin experience the worst acne I have ever had in my life. I experienced tons of tiny breakouts all over my face, and cystic pimples, both things I have never seen on my face before. I decided to give it time, because many say your skin needs to get worse before it gets better; however, after three months it never did. When I would go on my placebo weeks, my skin would clear, and when I started the pill it would break out again. I would not recommend taking this medication for acne. In addition, I noticed terrible mood swings while on this medication. Many of my friends and family remarked that I was hostile at times. I felt deep depressions that I have never felt before."

Sarah V (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I was switched from microgestin to junel due to the former being out-of-stock at the pharmacy that my health insurance mandates I use. Two and a half weeks of constant cramping will, I'm sure, make me less than pleasant when I demand my old birth control."

K.E.E. (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I had tried 3 or 4 other types of birth control and felt like a crazy person on them. This is the only one I could stand to take that didn't cause horrible mood swings and anxiousness. My periods are regular - almost nonexistent, actually. I haven't noticed any side effects, to be honest, and am very satisfied with Junel. I have been on it for about 6-7 years now."

Best pill I've tried (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 5, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control made me gain weight, and has given me some major mood swings. With in an hour I go through 3 different types of emotions."

Hdw1127 May 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I stopped and restarted this BC to see if maybe the side effects woulds change but they only got worse. My emotions have been up and down and im suddenly getting really bad anxiety. My appetite is also out of control. Mu stomach feels like its a black pit 24/7 and im tired all the time. Ive tried other birth controls before and I just think the hormonal changes dont agree with me at all."

Gio Bia May 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I took junel fe birthcontrol for a week I stop because I started feeling sick three days later I came on my period I been on my period for a week now ever time I eat something I throw up I feel sick on and off threw out the day I have back pains this my first time taking birthcontrol ever"

Diamond618 May 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Yes it worked but the side effects I dealt with for 2 months (give or take) wasn't worth it. I had to be rushed to the hospital last week due to the horrible migraines, pin and needles in my face, numbness and dizziness. It takes a lot to scare me and this pill definitely scared me. When I started the pill in March I bled for a month. Old blood tho (brown) with lots of clots. Some of them were bigger than quarters. When I called my obgyn about the bleed in March she advised me to continue to take it and that my body had to adjust and then just last week I was rushed to the ER.Talk about scary. I only went onto the pill because I have my i.u.d. removed. I'm still adjusting mentally from not being on it. It made my depression bad."

TabiMcc May 17, 2016