User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.5

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 4.6 428 reviews

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "Okay so I wrote a review on this BC a while back giving it an 8, but I'm back again to give this a 2 and here's why. This has helped clean up my acne, its helped regulate my period and I'm not pregnant, thats why I'm giving it a 2. I'm also giving it a 2 because this BC has turned my into a maniac. Sorry if that sounds bad to anyone but seriously, my emotional state has just gone off the railings. I literally cry EVERYDAY. A lot of the time its for no reason. I've been getting really upset with my boyfriend over nothing half the time. I'm over-dramatic, impulsive, irrational. I'm surprised my boyfriend hasn't dumped me yet. Last night I had a bad episode and he told me he KNOWS it this birth control and that I have to stop taking it because its affecting my mental health and our relationship. When I say I cry everyday, I'm not joking. Guys please stay away from this pill, all I wanted was to regulate my period, not become a psycho."

GBaby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 23, 2019

For Birth Control "Worst experience with this birth control. I have been taking this for about 6 months and this has made me extremely irritable my hormones are all over the place I feel like I had no control of my emotions. I gained 10 pounds even though I was eating healthy and exercising and I was always bloated! I had brain fog all day and was constantly sleepy! The ONLY plus side to this pill is how clear my skin was. So over all I do not recommend this birth control especially if you suffer with anxiety."

al (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel Fe 1/20 for a little over a year now and I am very pleased with it. I was really scared to go on any sort of birth control this being my first one because of all the stories of weight gain and bad experiences. Thankfully I haven't had to switch. I did notice at month six I started getting migraines and was extremely nauseous to the point that strong perfumes made me gag. I thought I was pregnant, after a couple pregnancy tests I realized it was just birth control side effects and decided to overlook it and see if it went away. After about a month and a half later the symptoms subsided and I haven't felt anything since. Overall happy with this pill but I do accept I've been moodier since I've started it."

Gen January 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I am a 20 year old women and this is my first time ever going on birth control. Obviously birth control effects everyone differently, but this birth control is not the one for me. The first couple months were rough on this birth control. I was breaking out more than usual, high anxiety and depression and I was just a mess. I was breakthrough bleeding every month. Then month 3 got better for some reason and I thought I was adjusted and life was great. Now I’m on month 5 and the same symptoms from the beginning months are coming back. I’ve been taking this consistently too so I don’t know what the deal is. Lately, I’ve been so irritable and cry at everything. I’ve been starting so many fights with my boyfriend because I’m in such an emotional state. I’ve also been bleeding for 2 weeks now and I can’t take it anymore. I am switching to a new birth control once this pack is finished and I can’t wait. The only good thing is that it prevented pregnancy for me."

Anon January 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for a year. My periods used to be regular and heavy. Now they are irregular (may have more than 1 in a month) but very light, still experiencing painful cramps. Lately my breasts have been sore all the time Before and after my period they just hurt all the time. I hate having to be on birth control but I don't want to get pregnant so I take it. I go back to the doctor next month hopefully things can get better."

Kb (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2019

For Birth Control "Please never take this pill! I am typically not the type to write out reviews, but I felt like it was necessary for this one. I’ve been on birth control for about 8 years and have only had to change my brand 3 times because my pharmacy stopped carrying two of them. My pharmacist recently told me they no longer had the Microgestin I had been on for years so they were going to change me to Junel. I noticed acne right away and I am typically not one to ever get acne. I spoke to my doctor about changing but she said to try it out for at least a couple of months til my body adjusted. I continued to have acne flare ups that I have never had in my life. I could not control my mood swings and found myself becoming really irritable and crying for no reason. I spoke with my doctor and am now changing my birth control (BC). This is a major warning especially coming from someone who’s tried other BC and never experienced anything like this until starting Junel."

Maddie January 20, 2019

For Birth Control "I switched to this pill because insurance allowed for you to get 4 packs at a time in order to skip periods completely. My periods are incredibly painful. I took Junel Fe for about a month. Took me a minute to make the connection, but I gained 15 lbs in a month and I work out 6 days a week and eat well, so this was unusual. The final straw for me was last night when I ended up in the ER for excessive bleeding. I've been on my period, not spotting, but a full period and heavy for about 2 weeks. I switched back to microgestin Monday and am still bleeding, so I think Junel did some serious damage. In my 20 years of using the pill I've never had any problems like this. Never again. Docs still don't know what's wrong with me, Ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow."

koolaidgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2019

For Birth Control "This really helped me! I have two chronic illnesses, POTS and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. My skin cleared up, no period cramps, light period, and it balanced my hormones to where I am much calmer."

lola (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about two months. I normally take Microgestin but was given this prescription randomly. First month was fine, I didn't notice any changes. Second month, I am a complete psychopath. Extremely irritable, constant mood swings, crying literally all of the time. Gained weight and developed acne. I would highly avoid taking this pill."

sr1996 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel for about a year and a half close to 2 years and I can say that I barely have periods anymore. They never last anymore than 3 days and little to no cramping. I have also lost 40 pounds while taking it. And acne is minimal. BUT. I have noticed high anxiety and depression. Which I’ve always had but just intensified it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 9, 2019

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control I've ever taken in my life. I've been bleeding every single day since I started and it's not getting better. I'm bleeding through super plus tampons which I've never had to use in my life. It's so annoying dealing with this I can't even have sex or anything. This medication should be reported what a waste of time and money. I'd rather take my chance at getting pregnant than bleeding for a month."

Sandy (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

For Birth Control "This pill is not worth it, EVER! I have PCOS and was given the pill to help it. I naturally am an anxious person, but the 6 months or so I have been on this spiked the anxiety! I was more emotional a day or 2 before my period than I ever was before I was on the pill! Then, there is the nausea right after taking it which has led me to physically get sick from how it messes up my stomach. No appetite. Then, there is the horrible cramps and clot filled blood which was made WORSE by taking this pill. Nope! Never again! I was on microgestin for years with minimal side effects. This pill has been 6 months of awfulness that literally only makes you feel worse the longer you take it. I cannot wait to finish the next 2 weeks of this pack. I'd rather get ovarian cysts than take these. Heading to my obgyn to switch back, ASAP! Ladies, if you find yourself anxious, stomach sick, PMSing, fatigued, crampy, and heavy bleeding while on this pill, you are not alone. Beware."

ScrewThis (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2019

For Birth Control "I switched to this pill because the generic of Beyaz was awful. My doctor said I should switch to Junel. I had told her I was having stomach issues and nausea. About a month into this pill and I have spent every day with stomach pain and nausea so severe that I am not always able to work. I was trying to get away from those symptoms and now they're way worse. Not to mention I am SOOO moody. I cry at the drop of a pin. I've had clinical depression in the past and this is just sending me down a bad road. I'm miserable. (Oh and don't forget the vaginal itchiness.) Long story short. This pill sucks. I miss being on Beyaz (insurance wouldn't cover it anymore)"

TiredandMiserable (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2019

For Birth Control "Hi ladies! So recently I got the nerve to finally go and see a GYNO (I’m 21 and a very private person). She ends up diagnosing me with PCOS and started me on Junel FE and said this was her favorite med for PCOS patients. The 1st week or 2 weeks I was good, & then I started bleeding; tomorrow (January 1st) will make it 1 month since I’ve been bleeding. My cramps can get as bad if not worse than before I was started on BC... I also experienced many lows in my mental health these last few weeks, to the point where I made an appointment with my therapist... & my acne has gotten SO bad again. I was told by many people to contact my dr as it isn’t normal to bleed like this. I finally got the courage to get ahold of her & she said she wants to switch me to Sprintec ASAP. Of course medications work differently for everyone, so it’s all up to you and your dr but I just know it didn’t work for me & that seems to be the route a lot of these reviews are taking. I hope this helps someone!"

Cubslover (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I strongly advise against taking this birth control. I was on it for 2 months, and I had bleeding while taking them, but during my period week, I had no period. This pill caused fairly severe anxiety and depression for me. I've always been a slightly anxious person, but I've never had serious anxiety or depression until taking this drug. I was constantly anxious about everything in my life and like my life was worthless. It took me some time to realize that the pill was causing these feelings, after I questioned my relationship, my friendships, my life decisions, thinking that one of those factors was causing the anxiety. I'd very strongly advise anyone who either has anxiety, or anyone who gets anxious even a little bit, to not take this pill as it can severely mess up your mental health."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill is awful. I've been on it for about a year and am switching off now. I've gained almost 40 pounds with no lifestyle or eating changes. It also exacerbates my anxiety and murdered my sex drive. I'm 27, a newlywed and sex has been a huge struggle on this pill. Switching ASAP to something different."

Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 28, 2018

For Birth Control "Don’t take this birth control!! I was on Microgestin and loved it, gave me no problems whatsoever. Well, I went to refill my prescription and they gave me this and said it’s the exact same. Definitely not the same. I’ve been having breakthrough bleeding when I just had my period 2 weeks ago with horrible cramps along with it. I thought I had something else wrong with my body until I started reading these reviews and realizing everyone else on this medication feels the same. Just stay away from this birth control. There’s much better options out there."

Sharon (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I wouldn’t recommend this. I’ve been on it for 4 months, almost 5 and I have never had more anxiety about becoming pregnant. I’ve almost every side effect in the book. I had headaches, nausea, breast tenderness, cramps, acne, vaginal dryness and itchiness, and breakthrough bleeding. Most of these side effects were not super bad and actually did clear up in the 3 months like they are supposed to, except the acne and breakthrough bleeding. I still breakout and get really bad pimples. I also have had breakthrough bleeding every month, and the bleeding had gotten better, but now I am having bad cramps with it. It’s miserable. It’s like I have my period for 2 weeks. The period on the placebo week is actually very light and very light cramps, which is a plus! Not had a super good experience with this pill and am going to switch soon."

Bri (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking Junel Fe roughly about June or July of 2018. At first it was ok, the only issue I had was a little stomach pain. In September I went for a check up and my doctor did bloodwork. When I went for the results, my liver enzymes were sky high. I don't drink and after doing a test for hepatitis (came back negative), the only thing that I could think of was this birth control. But my doctor thought it could be something else, so I still took it. Finally on the first of December after feeling worse as time went by (bad heart palpitations, hands and feet shaking, headaches, gas build up in chest) I stopped taking it. Within a week of stopping, my liver enzymes went down (still a bit high, but lower than what it originally was). My body is slowly starting to feel a bit better, but it might take some time before I'm 100%. I will never recommend this to anyone. This birth control probably would have made me worse and worse if I kept taking it. I'm glad I stopped when I did."

Sammy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I've had zero problems with it and have been on it for four years. It has iron supplements in the placebo pills because I'm also anemic. It didn't make me gain weight, no acne, no mood swings, and it really helped with cramps + painful periods. I had taken higher hormone doses in the past and they made me literally so volatile/angry so I had to take it down a notch. It is a daily pill, but I really have never had a problem with taking it every day."

mbb1095 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I ended up getting pregnant on this pill"

Maz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel Fe for almost a month and I CAN'T STOP BLEEDING! On top of the ruined underwear and annoyance, I have experienced lower abdominal discomfort (light cramping), headaches, low libido, and my anxiety has spiked. It has been a nightmare, I plan on talking to my doctor ASAP because nothing about this situation is pleasant."

Annie (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on LoLoestrin for a year and eventually stopped taking it because of how crazy it made me. My menstrual cycles have always been very bad so my gyno recommended I be on birth control. Shortly, after I stopped the LoLoestrin Fe, I got pregnant for my son. So after I had my son, my periods started to be excruciating again so I started the Junel Fe 20. I have been on it for almost 2 months now and I have never had worse side effects in my life. Extreme anger, anxiety towards everyone around me. I do not recommend this medication to anyone. Maybe my body just doesn't do well with birth control, but I need something to control my heavy periods."

momlife (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for five years. It made my sex drive non existent. I’m 22 years old and that is not normal! It also caused me to get cystic acne on my chin and jawline. I am switching to Gianvi to treat my acne."

Cral (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Loestrine for three years and was prescribed Junel after my insurance would no longer cover Loestrine. I just stopped taking Junel after four years of being on it and I am happy I did. I lost all desire to have sex, often I felt nothing. Sex was more like a chore to please my fiancé rather than actually enjoying it. I often told my GYNO how I felt and she never once offered to switch. I knew at 27 years old this is not normal, I should not have a decreased sex drive at my age. Now that I am off it (only being a week), I feel so much better and actually want to have sex, rather than pleasing my fiancé. I don't recommend this pill at all."

Callie (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...