User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

3.9
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 212 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I have been taking this for two weeks and I cry literally ALL the time for no reason!! It makes me feel insane! DON'T take this pill!"

Lauranne76 February 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill in January for my heavy menstrual flow and blood clots, the Dr prescribed ortho tri-cyclen which were the first pills I started taking back in 2006 when the Dr first put me on them ok so fast forward I go to take prescription to pharmacy and they tell me its not covered under my insurance, so here comes Junel Fe 1/20 I got pills and Dr told me to start taking them the first day I get my period in which I did like a week later. I read the side effects and got kinda worried wasn't sure if I wanted to take them but did. Here I am a month later and now on my second pack. My period this Month February was not heavy nor did it last more than 5 days. So far no side effects what so ever Thank God!!"

Prdoll71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I've only been on Junel for a week and a half so I'm hoping that this will calm down after I've been on it for a little while but it's given me so much acne! I've always had pretty clear skin and now my face and upper back are literally covered in deep acne and bumps. Also I've noticed that my hair gets greasy faster, too. I just feel so oily and disgusting all the time. I'm trying to stick it out but this is absolutely horrible and I definitely cannot put up with these side effects if they persist. Wouldn't recommend."

zamirrra February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "This is absolutely the WORST birth control I have taken in my life. I switched to Junel Fe, because my previous birth control wasn't a high enough dosage to even slightly relieve my horrible periods. Not even 3 days after starting taking it I literally cry for no reason and I am very emotional and irritable. This pill turned me psycho. Do NOT recommend it at all."

michellessss February 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I switched from taking Gildes to Junel, I really liked this pill, my migraines that I usually get on the day of my period went away!! Plus I wouldn't get as moody as before so I knew this pill was the one for me HOWEVER I realized my body was producing more hormones (according to a blood test) that can maybe cause me to get Thyroid Symptom so I immediately stopped taking any kinds of birth control to avoid any disease:/ I didn't know birth control could lead to other complications :/"

Dayse (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This is the WORST BIRTH CONTROL I have ever taken!! I've been on this for 5 days and have been crying every hour, angry, and acting pyschotic. My depression and anxiety is through the roof and I'm not eating. I picked up a different birth control from my doctor today and hopefully these horrible side effects from Junel go away ASAP. AVOID THIS PILL."

Tiffany2121 (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've taken this for probably 6 months now? I switched pharmacies and they gave me this after being on something similar or whatever the equivalent was. I was used to the barely there periods after the other brand for about 6 months, but over the last year I've had extreme stress. Deaths, moving, etc. I'm a type A and own 2 businesses, husband is an exec & gone a lot, & we have 2 kids. But after looking online for possible reasons about for mood, anger issues and my physical symptoms, I'm starting to wonder. I'm a personal trainer, my body has gained and lost weight from kids, and I usually have self control. On this? Nope! Breasts sore, crampy bloat, headaches terrible pre & during period week, and now weekly. Calling OBgyn mañana!"

BSeev1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "DO NOT go near this pill...gave it a few months to kick in per my gyno and I have no idea how she prescribed this horrible medication. I took it to regulate my period and now instead of one, I get two a month every two weeks or actually whenever it feels like coming. It has made me EXTREMELY emotional, sad, and easily angered by things that are normally nothing. I also got crazy hungry more than the typical Pms'ing days before. I can't stress enough to stay away from this."

NYCBK1234 February 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I had mild water retention (about 5lbs), moderate bloating with abdominal pain, and persistent diarrhea while taking this pill. The first few days of taking Junel I had nausea, vertigo, and blurred vision. The nausea and visions problems disappeared within three days, but the other side effects continued with use. I was taking this for endometriosis to try and help relieve my cramps. I was disappointed because instead of having pain only the first couple of days of my period, I was left with daily abdominal pain and then my period pains were definitely elevated (from and 8 to a 9 on my pain scale). I'm off this pill now, though, because I experienced migraine with aura."

Buttercup Petunia January 30, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Do not take this stuff. I just started this a few weeks ago to treat my PCOS and it made me extremely hungry. I also became very irritable throughout my time taking it. It got to the point where the entire day I was snapping at people and it sucked. But the worst part is THE CRAMPS. two weeks into taking the pill consistently, I got my period..? and the cramps that have come along with it are a living hell. I've taken a heapof ibuprofen throughout today and have laid here with a heating pad for 3 hours....they will not go away. Please save urself from freaking pain"

samsy33 January 29, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started this birth control because of my heavy, long lasting periods. I have been on this for approx. 3 weeks. I have already had a cycle since I started the medicine and I was pleased to find out that it shortened my periods from 16 days to just 6. The only side effects I have noticed are the beginnings of acne and being paranoid and extremely emotional. Since I only took the medication to shorten my periods, I have realized that the medicine is serving its purpose and I have to accept the side effects."

Ashley T (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "It's effective - I have yet to become pregnant, HOWEVER, I've had the worst breakthrough bleeding and weight gain. Going back to loestrin. My primary Doctor changed my prescription without my knowledge and my ogyn just told me. I would not recommended Junel to my worst enemy."

Sylboat January 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I am 18 years old and I started this birth control almost a year ago. I was on a higher dosage bc but switched to this one because I was getting bad side effects with the other. Although I didn't get pregnant, I wasn't completely satisfied. It did clear up the acne I had before I started using this bc. But I do have a way lower sex drive, I hardly want to have sex anymore. Not only that, I haven't had a period in the last 5 months I have been on this birth control. I had consistent periods at the beginning, for 3 days and lighter bleeding than I had before. But lately I have had spotting during any week of the month instead of during my off week. I also cant take other medication, it causes spotting if I do."

Sr98 January 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 4 months. Before this, I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for a month but it was making me bleed non stop. In the beginning, this pill was amazing. I had pretty much no side effects initially. But just this past month, I started spotting on the 3rd week of active pills. Then, I started breaking out in cystic acne all over my chin and cheeks. Then, I started getting moody and uncontrollably sad. THEN, when my period started, I was in extreme pain. Cramps that would not ease with any pain reliever or even a heating pad. It was so bad. Switching pills next month, couldn't be happier."

lucylemons (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This birth control worked really well for the first few months. I had very light periods, no cramps, no acne, no weight gain, and I didn't get pregnant. This birth control was a miracle for me because I used to have horrible period cramps, and it made them go away completely. But then, about 6 months after taking it, my periods started getting weird. I started getting my period on the active pills instead of the placebo pills. Then, I started getting two periods a month. I would bleed a little bit while having sex. It was so strange. I told my doctor and now I'm switching to another pill. This one was good while it lasted."

Chocolateandtea January 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This absolutely did not work for me. I had changed from gildess to Junel for some reason by the pharmacist. Within a week of starting the pack, I had daily nausea, terrible skin, and became incredibly depressed. I had awful hot flashes while sleeping. Finally after about 7 months I stopped taking it and asked for gildess back. I wish I had asked earlier, within days I went back to normal and my mood improved tremendously. Would not recommend! If you are experiencing this get off it ASAP!"

Anonymous1109 January 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "I had been taking Lo Losterin before starting Junel FE but had to switch per my insurance. I've been taking Junel since late July but since starting it, I've been hoping I would start feeling better. Constantly feeling nausea is the #1 problem for me. It doesn't matter how accurately I take the medication, at some point in every day, I feel sick. And then I start to get paranoid and wonder if I'm pregnant and feeling morning sickness. #2 is the irregular periods. I've never had a period that was consistent so I thought this would be a good way to regulate - boy was I wrong! My period will start in the middle of my active pills, be there for 3 days and then come back for 3 days on my iron pills. WHAT THE HECK, Vern?"

Yo gabba gabba (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "This pill was alright at first but not really what I wanted. As a birth control it worked fine but I was mostly using it to regulate my period and help control my acne. After 4 months of breakthrough bleeding and horrendous cystic acne I decided to switch brands. Before starting this pill I used to get a cyst or two a month. After starting this pill, I could only start to clear my skin up on placebo week and even then it was hardly enought time to get rid of the massive cystic breakout. My friend was also on this pill but didn't have the same cystic situation. My word of advice is if your prone to cystic acne don't take this pill. The only think I liked about this pill was no mood changes, less pms, larger breasts and minimal weight gain."

Abug20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This pill was wonderful at first. Did not experience weight gain, headaches, nausea, etc. I went through my teens without getting one pimple and never struggled with acne UNTIL taking junel. DO NOT TAKE THIS! My chin was covered with painful, cystic acne. Even now that I'm off this pill my face has never fully cleared up."

CGEE11111 January 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I normally take Gildess Fe which has been totally fine for me for over a year and when i changed my pharmacy they changed my prescription to Junel. Worst.Birth Control.Ever. It makes me cry constantly for no reason. The other night I was at dinner with my mom and I didn't enjoy my food very much and I sat in my car as cried for a half an hour because of that. It makes me so moody to the point where everything everyone does irritates me. This is seriously the worst birth control to go on. I never had cramps before and now I get my period in between cycles and my cramps hurt so badly. I cannot wait to be off of this brand. I hate it. I have had the same reaction to this brand twice now. Horrible."

Nina Bonv December 27, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I started taking this when I was just about 18. Wanted to quit using condoms with my boyfriend and just go on this. First month or two my periods were irregular and I got extremely moody, but I just thought it was me getting used to it. 9 months into using it and my moods, anxiety and depression have gotten horrible! To the point where I was crying or getting depressed at my boyfriend simply not texting me back. Moods so bad affected my relationship. Other than the moods I have little/no period, no acne, no weight gain, no cramps. Overall the moods were so bad I could not take it anymore even though everything else was great."

Alexa_ksmith230 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Well, I just spent 24 hours doubled over in pain after taking my first dose of Junel Fe 1/20. Never again- I'm done!! I used birth control for 3 years without a problem, having stopped about 5 years ago. I decided to start again after my boyfriend moved in with me. My gynocologist prescribed this low dose pill because I expressed an interest in having as few side effects as possible. I took my first one yesterday at 4pm, and was having extremely bad cramps by 5:30pm. They became progressively worse. I woke up at 2am and 4am to vomit. I have felt dehydrated and dizzy all day. I seriously could not even keep water down. Now that its been 24 hours, I've finally been able to swallow a few sips of water. So long Junel Fe! 1 and done."

Hannah K December 19, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I started Junel 2 months after I had my baby, and it immediately made me gain 10 pounds. It also made me depressed, anxious and crazy moody. I know it's the pills because I was maintaining my weight well after I gave birth and was not feeling depressed at all. I've decided to finish up the pack and not take any birth control pills after this at all, although it did make my periods lighter, it was not worth it for me."

AvasMom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a year and didn't have issues till now. I didn't have a period for 4 months and it just started out of no where the other day but super light. I haven't had acne this bad since I was 14.. I'm 19 now. I have horrible sugar cravings and mood swings like crazy and I've gained 10 lbs within the past year."

Lilith grace November 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "I have always struggled with SEVERE cramps, lengthy periods, and heavy bleeding. The OB/GYN gave me a sample of Minastrin FE and it worked WONDERS: No cramps, light and short periods. I went back to the OB/GYN because of an insurance change and was prescribed Junel Fe. It started out with extreme nausea EVERY night to the point where I couldn't move or I'd gag. Then there was leg pain. My period started and it was back to the bad cramping, long periods, and heavy bleeding. Very disappointing. Thankfully, I'm being put back on Minastrin. Just because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you. I hope everyone has a much better experience."

Sn5673Sb (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016