User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

4.2
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 189 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a year and didn't have issues till now. I didn't have a period for 4 months and it just started out of no where the other day but super light. I haven't had acne this bad since I was 14.. I'm 19 now. I have horrible sugar cravings and mood swings like crazy and I've gained 10 lbs within the past year."

Lilith grace November 29, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I have always struggled with SEVERE cramps, lengthy periods, and heavy bleeding. The OB/GYN gave me a sample of Minastrin FE and it worked WONDERS: No cramps, light and short periods. I went back to the OB/GYN because of an insurance change and was prescribed Junel Fe. It started out with extreme nausea EVERY night to the point where I couldn't move or I'd gag. Then there was leg pain. My period started and it was back to the bad cramping, long periods, and heavy bleeding. Very disappointing. Thankfully, I'm being put back on Minastrin. Just because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you. I hope everyone has a much better experience."

Sn5673Sb (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control gave me the worst anxiety and turned me into a crazy person. Do not take it. Every time it was my off week, I became less anxious and felt so much better. I've been off it for a month now and I'm back to normal and no longer have terrible anxiety."

Smo8778 November 20, 2016

For Acne "OMG! During middle school I had acne and I started talking birth control pills at a young age for my cramps. I want to say my ninth grade year and have been taking Junel Fe consistently since the age of 20. I did not think anything of it, I thought my "childhood" acne was gone and BOY WAS I WRONG. Once i stopped taking junel fe my acne was back like it never left. so i did some researching and in fact it was my birth control that was preventing me from having acne. I was happy but sad at the same time because I do not want to be on birth control for the rest of my life, so once my yearly package run out, i spend months trying to find an alternative & failed :( Junel Fe is the only thing that works for my acne."

AllThatJass (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 13, 2016

For Acne "If you are taking birth control to help with your acne absolutely DO NOT take this pill. I was put on birth control to help with acne when I was 16, I was on loestrin which helped my acne but I never got my period so when I got to college I switched to Junel and my acne got worse than it was before I was put on loestrin. I had huge pimples that were extremely painful. I barely even wanted to go out in public I was so embarrassed. Recently I was taken off Junel and put on Violere. My skin cleared up in a week!"

LaurKiss November 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst experience ever.. I would not recommend this pill to anyone. Once I started taking this I broke out very badly, and started getting acne which I have never had a problem with. Next, my stomach started hurting every time I ate anything. I would also throw up or feel extremely sick if I ever had the slightest bit of alcohol, even just one beer. I need to go back to the doctor because they shook it off like it was nothing last time I went, but I switched birth control 2 days ago and my side effects are continuing to bother me. My breasts are also extremely tender, and I have never been so emotional in my life."

elliec1698 November 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I was excited to start hormonal birth control as I hate condoms with a burning passion, and with such a high sex drive I was excited to not have to bother with condoms anymore. Started on the pill, and first of all, my boobs got SORE. Within a week my chest was very tender and a little swollen. Then, I had ZERO sex drive. Sex started seeming like a chore. Then? I got extremely depressed and moody. Crying at the drop of a hat. Then the placebo week came, and like a charm I felt like a new person off the pill. Junel was 100% the cause of all this garbage. Won't take again."

Unhappy Junel user (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2016

"I took this pill for three days after being on Loryna for 3 years. Needless to say I gained 5 pounds of water weight in those three days and threw up every single pill. I've never felt so sick from medication. STAY AWAY."

RDH1993 October 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I started on Junel when I was 17, and I've had 0 problems with it. I didn't gain weight, feel depressed, or anything. My skin was cleared and my period got pretty light. I switched birth control pills for a while a few years ago (Junel wasn't available where I was abroad) and it was terrible!! I was always sore, tired, gained weight, moody, etc (this was a first gen estrogen pill unlike Junel which is a low dose). I then switched back to Junel and all those problems went away thankfully. Everyone is different, but for me at least, Junel has been perfect."

toriaenator (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on June fe for a year and recently switched to a different brand of birth control. Overall, it did what it was supposed to do: prevented pregnancy. However, it gave me constant mood swings and anxiety. I had never dealt with these things before, so I knew that I could relate it to the pill. My periods became barely existent and I would skip periods almost every other month. It sounds like a dream, but it can get a little stressful when you rely on periods to prove that you are not pregnant. Overall, I had a decent experience, but I decided to try something else to try to get rid of the anxiety. Also: I was off of the pill for a month in between trying a different type and let me just say it was the happiest I've been in a long time!"

Baby bop October 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on junel fe for 4months and this is my 3rd period. The first month taking it was ok until I got my period. I swore that I was dying! I've had bad periods before the pain and the flow that I had completely topped what I thought was pain. My flow was extremely heavy. I couldn't eat and when I did I couldn't keep it down. I was taking hot showers using heating pads and still nothing worked. I broke out all over with acne and i have only ever had 1 or 2 pimples in my life at the same time. I had the worst back and leg pain of my life! Thank god for Ibuprofen800. Happily I will say since then no pain ,4day period,and light. And things are going great. It's a dark tunnel but there is light at the end."

Arkinahs1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Prior to my baby making days, I had been on various brands of birth control pills for about a decade, with never having one single complaint about any of them. The entire first month of taking Junel, I literally bled every single day. But I figured it was just my body recovering from both having a baby and starting up on bc again. Well, I started my second pack a little over a week ago and I have had intense cramping in my lower abdomen/groin, headaches, and even cramping in my legs. I called my OB office, and they told me to take Motrin. Yes, after reading all of these terrifying reviews I'm just going to mask the warning signs my body is giving me with ibuprofen...NOT. As of tonight I am no longer taking this pill. Thank you everyone!"

Really Freaked Out (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

For Birth Control "5 years I took Junel. For the first year it was fine. Lighter periods and less cramps. Year 2 I started suffering from increased anxiety and what everyone else decided was depression even though I insisted it was fatigue. I was as tired as if I had the flu all the time and the week before my period I could not handle a thing. So I got therapy and started eating healthy to treat what my doctors insisted was not symptoms of the pills. I worked out, ate healthy consistently but the weight kept coming on at 5 to 10 lbs a year. My sex drive completely disappeared which doctors will blame on the depression. I finally couldn't handle it and went off two weeks ago. I feel like crying at how much better I feel. It's like I woke up from a coma."

Tapophile September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been having terrible side effects from this pill so googled it and found these reviews which are exactly what I've been experiencing. I'm craving bad foods, gaining weight, my boobs are tremendously sore, I'm tired and I haven't had a period. I've been on many other birth controls that I had no side effects on so I will be switching back to Altavera ASAP!"

Katy S (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel Fe for about 6 months, I'm 21, so far everything is good, I switched pills due to spotting for 60 days straight on a 90 day pills. Junel Fe give me hardly any cramps which is amazing because mine used to be so bad I would vomit and I have light to no periods during brown pill week. I did however notice I want to eat 24/7 (which I can control) and my mood swings are little more severe...sex drive and acne wasn't affected."

Birth Control (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Before Junel I was getting my period 2x a month for 8 full days. This birth control regulated my period to once a month, really light, and maybe a full 4 days. I haven't had any major side effects besides the first month or two I was always hungry and craving junk food. Now I'm on month four back to my regular consistent healthy diet. I never had acne maybe a pimple or two during my periods but this pill does not make me break out and gives me so much energy when you take it everyday at the same time. Recommend this pill"

Alexandra-lex August 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost 4 months now and going into the 3rd month I started experiencing abnormal breakthrough bleeding. The bleeding would occur every other day and has not stopped for almost 2 months now. I've also experienced horrible bloating, cramping, and pelvic and lower back pain. My pill is being switched next month."

Amanda2443 August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel for about 17 months now. As far as it working on acne, it has lessened it but it is not completely gone. My periods prior to Junel were painful, full week long n extremely heavy. Today they are light enough to use a panty liner only, shorter and cramping has been brought down to an all time low. Overall I am happy with this pill, it made some changes and left my mood, weight, and bloating/fatigue during my periods exactly the same. Hope this helps!"

Anonymous N (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2016

"I took this pill after taking Tri Sprintec and this pill gave me abnormal feeling cramps, along with pelvic pain. Along with this my acne came back, and occasionally had break through bleeding. I switched from Tri Sprintec because of break through bleeding, and mood swings, Junel Fe did fix my mood swings, but that is the only positive. I am switching pills"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 9 months now. I have notices signs of exhaustion, it has actually gotten worse and I am noticing it as I am driving, not good!! I have also experienced extreme bloating. My hormones are off the chart!! One minute I will be laughing, then crying, then randomly screaming at getting upset over literally nothing!!!! I just thought maybe something was wrong with me, but I called my doctor and asked when I started the pill, and it was in January, about a month before all these symptoms started and I did not think any thing of it until a few weeks ago when everyone from my bf to my employer told me I was not myself anymore. I am getting off this pill immediately and don't recommend it."

FlowerGirl29 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this now for a month and I LOVE it! My doctor prescribed it to me to take continuously - that way I can skip periods all together. I was very nervous to start it after reading reviews but I am SO glad I did! I was on camila before and since starting Junel my mood has improved significantly, I haven't gotten a real period yet, and my weight has actually steadied - it used to fluctuate to be higher, now if it even fluctuates I weigh less! The first week I was spotting - not even enough to have to wear a pad or anything. If you're considering taking this pill, I say to go for it! Everyone's body reacts differently and it might just work for you :) No bad side effects for me!"

Happy happy! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel for 2 months now. And I haven't got my period. I also been extremely tired all the time and moody. My boobs always hurt. Going to talk to my doctor to see if they can change my birth control..."

Maribobbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I actually recently got off of Junel, and since being off I realized I'm much happier, my sex drive has increased, I've been able to lose weight, and I'm not downright exhausted all the time. When I was still on it I'd notice right before my period I'd turn into a(n even more) psychotic, emotional wreck. I am also significantly less depressed now. I did not like the pill and these are my personal experiences, but of course everyone takes differently to medication."

Currently testing Tri Sprintec (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel for about 9 months. During the first month or two on this pill, I experienced terrible mood swings and depression. This has gotten better, but hasn't completely gone away. However, my periods are lighter and shorter. I still experience regular abnormal bleeding, for instance, one of my periods lasted a full month, and my most recent one started two weeks early. However, it does its job. Personally, I'm not sure whether the benefits outweigh side effects."

Jacey1217 July 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control when I was on it! I also started out on microgestin and when the pharmacys had stopped carrying it, I was switched to the junel. I was luckily enough to have my period for about 2.5 days per month, like clockwork. It cleared up my acne and I felt good. However, I came off of it in January of this year as my hubby and I are thinking about having children soon and I feel like a 15 year old again. My skin is insanely greasy, I'm breaking out like crazy, and to top it off, I've gained 15lbs because my appetite has been out of control! I guess I didn't realize how much junel had been suppressing my appetite and even my teenage acne... And no, I'm not pregnant so the weight gain cannot be contributed to that."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 5, 2016