User Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

Birth Control
4.4

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

Lilimxo · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “I got put on Junel Fe 1/20 as I told my doctor I needed a low dose birth control, I haven’t had any negative reactions to it. I do take it later at night at 10pm and that works out for me. It’s been 4 months of taking it consistently and so far I like it; makes my period super light and lasts 2-3 days.”

doesnt matter June 3, 2021

For Birth Control: “I got on this BC March 2021 after my Nexplanon expired. I am a newlywed and even though my husband and I want to have children, I want to wait at least a year to have a baby. My PCP decided to put me on Junel so I can stop at any time. Symptoms the first couple weeks were cramps, sore breast, headaches and fatigue. Today marks 3 months on this BC & I will not continue taking them. The non stop crying, panic attacks, anxiety, arguments with my spouse, sadness, depression are out of hand. I laid in bed last night and wished I was dead. I have so many suicidal thoughts and felt like I was going thru some stuff times in my marriage but after reading all these reviews and being able to relate to these other women I realize I'm not crazy. I've been feeling so alone in my dark thoughts I was scared I would end up in the hospital sooner than later. Listen to your body please and if any of this relates to you please consult you doctor. YOU ARE NOT ALONE !”

Kate May 13, 2021

For Birth Control: “This birth control was AWFUL for me. I took it for about 7 months and it made me so depressed. I stopped hanging out with my friends because I didn’t feel like it anymore and was super clingy towards my boyfriend. I would cry at least once a day and get angry for no reason. It also made sex painful because I was dry which NEVER happened before. The pros are that it helped my periods, I didn’t get pregnant, and I lost weight. However, I went off of it two months ago and I’m doing so much better. I feel like myself again. I do not recommend this bc at ALL”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 2, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve noticed a lot of comments, saying not to take it, but I feel that a lot of people don’t understand that birth control effects each person differently no matter which birth control you take. So, if you are new to any birth control do not let these comments discourage you. Listen to your body and your doctor. Personally I love this birth control and it has made my skin clear, periods lighter, no weight gain and no noticeable mental changes. But, it could always be different for the next person. If your doctor is prescribing you Junel fe, take it and try it out, if its not good for you than there are other options.”

Anonymous May 9, 2021

For Birth Control: “If you’re taking this and feel like you’ve lost your mind, It’s not you, it’s this god awful pill I promise. Never in my life have I had any sort of anxiety/ depression until I started this pill. Every month I noticed my anxiety increasing which eventually led to several panic attacks with disassociation that lasted for weeks. Came on here and realized it was these pills. Stopped a month and a half ago and finally have started to feel like myself again. I realize everyone’s body reacts differently to the pill but PLEASE discontinue this at the first sign of any mental side effect and do not keep going like I did. It got to the point where I felt suicidal just to escape how miserable I was feeling. NEVER in my life have I felt like this. I am hoping to save someone’s life by this review. If you’re feeling like I did please stop this pill and know it WILL get better. Give you body time to rebound for these toxic hormones. This pill needs to be pulled off the market NOW.”

HWoch February 17, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was on Junel FE 1/20 for two years with no issues at all. My heavy periods were finally light and I rarely got cramps. When COVID hit Walgreens told me that this birth control was on backorder because the manufacturer was changing the formula. Transferred my script to Giant Eagle because they had a big supply. November 2020 rolls around and I start having a period in the middle of the pill pack. It caused me so much anxiety and money because my doctor ordered all these tests to see why I was bleeding. Was becoming severely depressed with the darkest thoughts I have ever had in my life. I would cry for days for no reason. I felt so "out of body." After three months of on and off bleeding, horrible anxiety and depression and a host of other symptoms my husband made me go off this pill cold turkey. All my symptoms are now gone and I feel so much better. This pill should be taken off the market for sure! Whatever they changed is messing with so many woman.”

Nelli · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2021

For Birth Control: “I have recently started this birth control back in December of 2020. I had come on this website to read reviews on what I was getting myself into. From all these reviews I was honestly expecting the worst. So far I have felt little to no side effects. I have felt great this entire time with the exception of slight nausea that went away with rest. I have felt moody but I am like that with or without medication. I started taking it to regulate my period and so far has helped me out great. I like knowing when I am going to start so I can be prepared, rather than it showing up by surprise. This pill has also caused me to lose weight, which I have been a fan of. I also have grown 2 bra sizes in the short months I have been taking this pill. Overall, my experience with Junel Fe has been a positive one, but who's to say it won't change as I continue on with it. I would like to remind you that everyone's body is different so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.”

Nicole · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2021

For Birth Control: “I am 40 years old and was prescribed this medication by my OB. I was hesitant to take this medication after reading these reviews. However, I have not experienced ANY of the side effects listed in the reviews. My periods are no longer heavy, they last only a few days, my breasts are no longer tender or hurt during my cycle, and I no longer have painful periods. The first month I did experience nauseous which almost stopped me from going further. I sipped a coca-cola to calm my stomach and that subsided the side effect. I just finished my third month and I feel great. No weight gain and I am no longer bloated. I hope everyone has the same experience.”

ashleymarie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 7, 2021

For Birth Control: “I've been using this birth control since June of 2020 and haven't had a period since. I don't have any complaints with using it and I have no symptoms. I don't get cramps or acne or headaches. It seems to be affecting me just fine.”

Kota · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 5, 2021

For Birth Control: “Not sure why there are so many negative reviews, I've had nothing but an easy time with this medication. I've been on it for about 7 years now. Initially I was on another pill but I deal with depression on and off and my period cramps were awful, so my doctor switched me to Junel because it's lower estrogen. My periods last 2-4 days and are relatively light, hardly any cramps, no acne... I've never had an issue. There's speculation that maybe it causes weight gain, but I work out regularly so it's not enough to mention.”

A August 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “If your doctor prescribes this to you, tell them you need a different one and DO NOT TAKE IT! This birth control made me so depressed I felt life wasn't worth living. I would cry uncontrollably and for no reason, had anxiety worse than I ever have and it made me psychically sick. I had my son in April 2019, started taking this 6 weeks later. After 4 months of progressively getting worse and worse I finally realized this was causing my debilitating depression. I started calling counselors and psychiatrists because I thought I was going insane. The same exact thing happened to a friend of mine and the same exact way so I really don’t think it’s a coincidence. I read the reviews before I started taking but figured everyone reacts differently to different things. If you’re reading this please don't take it, it can't hurt to just take a different one. I’m filing a complaint with the FDA in hopes it can be removed and hopefully save someone else’s sanity and maybe even possibly their LIFE!!!”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “DO NOT TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL!!!! I have only been on Junel FE for 4 days and I could feel my anxiety increasing each day but last night I had a full blown anxiety attacked. I couldn’t sleep AT ALL, I threw up, I had the shakes, my chest felt like I was at the top of a roller coaster about to drop down and that feeling wouldn’t go away so I had to call off work today. After googling Junel FE I absolutely cannot believe this is on the market and that it was prescribed to me even while being diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. This medicine drove me crazy.”

Michelle January 13, 2020

For Birth Control: “Reading all of these “DO NOT TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL” comments is so frustrating. Everyone has a different experience on birth control because hormones affects everyone’s body differently. What works for you might not work for someone else, considering we all metabolize drugs differently, which can be attributed to genetics . I was first on Junel Fe and switched to Nexplanon because I didn’t want to remember to take a pill, and Nexplanon was awful. Now I’m back on Junel Fe as of a week ago and when I was on it before I was on Nexplanon, it was amazing. No pregnancy, regular periods, no side effects. But that’s because I reacted well to Junel Fe and not Nexplanon. But I’m not going to tell people not to go on Nexplanon ever, because as I said, EVERYONES BODY REACTS DIFFERENTLY. So all I’m saying is I loved this BC, and some others don’t, but you won’t know how your body react without trying it.”

Olivia · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2021

For Birth Control: “In the past 5 years, I have been on two different birth control pills. I decided to switch to Junel Fe because the other pill wasn’t helping with my period. This pill, however, was a huge mistake. I have been on it for a short time but it has made me extremely depressed. I have never has mental health issues in the past, and as soon as I started taking this pill I noticed huge mood swings. I cry all the time, and I am extremely emotional. I would not recommend this to anyone.”

T · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 13, 2021

For Birth Control: “Started this birth control to help with cramps, bad lower back pain, and to regulate my period. First 3 months I had bad anxiety, mood swings, and my periods would start the week before the brown pills and then zero period during the brown pills. I was just about to switch pills and figured I'd give it 1 more month. Then, it all changed overnight. I no longer have any mood swings and I think it actually has helped with any anxiety. I have no abdominal cramping, no lower back pain. I will still get hot flashes and night sweats right before my period starts though. This is the first pill that has lessened my period. Now if I wanted to I would probably only have 1 full tampon day and then spot for 3 days. At this point I am very happy that I stuck with it and hoping each month will continue to get better. I have now taken for 5 months.”

Cat · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2021

For Birth Control: “I thought I was LOSING MY MIND until I saw this! I was diagnosed as clinically depressed and referred to a suicide hotline yesterday, no lie. I’m not suicidal, but I’ve been depressed more depressed than I have ever been in my life the past few months. I’ve become detached, emotionless, and have lost all empathy. I cry all the time and hate being in the same room as myself. I’ve been bleeding for 4 MONTHS and I have no sex drive at all. I didn’t research Junel Fe 1/20 and depression before now because IT WASN’T LISTED AS A SIDE EFFECT. My boyfriend just suggested that I look into the pill as a “leave no stone unturned” thing, and voila. I’m not crazy. I’m flushing this stuff right now.”

Spotting · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this medication Junel Fe 1/20 for about 3 months now. I haven’t had side effects except for breast tenderness before the placebo week. Made my period super light and through the pack I experience periodical brown discharge. Other than that it’s great, I didn’t gain any weight and my sex drive is normal.”

Anonymous January 24, 2020

For Birth Control: “It is very important to understand that everyone's body reacts differently to different methods of hormonal birth control. My doctor told me to at least give it a try and after 3 months if I was having bad problems she'd switch me. The initial adjustment part had a few minor rough spots that in no way severely affected my day to day life: mainly I had some moodiness, and I had some light irregular bleeding. But all that totally cleared up after the second month of being on it, and now I have no symptoms at all. I haven't gotten pregnant, and my periods are lighter and shorter which is a huge bonus I wasn't expecting. If you are feeling unsure about this birth control talk to your doctor, don't be scared away by negative reviews. Maybe you will react badly but maybe you won't, however you have to try it to find out. I just wanted to throw this review out here to say this birth control has worked like a gem for me.”

Lavender January 30, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was originally prescribed Junel Fe 1/20 birth control due to my very painful cramps, bleeding, and after finding out I have anemia. The first month there was spotting for a couple of weeks, but then it went away. The cramps and bleeding definitely got better. This felt like a relief and I thought I was on track to making my life better. Unfortunately, halfway through my 5th month, I decided to stop taking these pills. I was experiencing very severe anxiety and depression. I normally am a pretty anxious person but I typically deal with it in my own ways. However, this was the worst of my life. I felt suicidal. I was worried about everything. I had a panic attack. I couldn't sleep well. My family and co-workers were noticing a change in my behavior and mood. It wasn't good. After I stopped taking them, a few days later I noticed I felt a lot more level-headed and less anxious. I really hope that others don't have to go through what I went through. I'm hoping this review might help someone out there.”

realname · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “Junel Fe1/20 has been absolutely awful for me. The first few weeks I felt mostly okay, my sex drive was normal and I felt a little more emotional than normal but nothing too extreme. Then I had the most intense body aches I’d ever experienced. I was unable to move from my bed for almost a week. No position was comfortable, nothing helped, and I just cried all day. I experienced a lot of breakthrough bleeding and my breasts became incredibly sensitive and sore and have stayed like that the entire time I’ve been on the pill. The second month in I started experiencing intense panic attacks and OCD like symptoms as well as severe depression. This has lasted through the third and forth months and I haven’t gone a day without weeping or having a panic attack in two months. My appetite has been gone for about a month now too. Zero sex drive, lots of dryness. Overall it’s been absolutely awful and I would not recommend at all. I’ve never been so mentally unstable in my life.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was so scared to take Junel Fe 1/20 after reading all of the reviews. However, I am happy that I did. The first month I had experienced a lot of breakthrough bleeding as my body was adjusting to the pill, but now I have my period regularly and it is almost nothing! It is super light, and just enough to let me know I am not pregnant. I didn't experience any side effect symptoms with this pill either, no weight gain like everyone says... however I am fairly active and eat pretty clean. I would give this a try before taking any of these reviews into consideration, everyones body is different!”

Sek · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 28, 2020

For Birth Control: “Whoaaa, so glad I'm not alone with all of these side effects!! After having my last baby I dealt with unbearable periods and cramps while ovulating, to the point it was getting in the way with every day life. Was checked for Endo and was cleared of that so my OB prescribed Junel Fe to me. First couple months seemed great! Very light and almost non existent cramps. After a few months migraine after migraine. Lashing out at my family for no reason, depression, felt like nothing in life mattered, and absolutely NO sex drive. The thought of sex made me feel sick to my stomach ( my poor husband lol ). After discussing with my husband that I felt the pill was to blame for all of this I stopped taking it. A little over a week later I am feeling amazing and am even starting to think about sex again. Yippy. Just hoping not to get pregnant lol . All in all...if this is prescribed to you please ask for something else!!”

NYC25 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 16, 2014

For Birth Control: “I felt compelled to review this medication because of how scared I was when reading such scary recipes and side effects. I had tried taking Yasmin which made me gain weight, become increasingly moody and depressed and eventually stopped taking that. When it was time to start up again I was so nervous with Junel but I have nothing but good things to say. No weight gain, no acne, no moodiness, I have a very light, scheduled period, and it does what it's supposed to - prevents pregnancy. I've been on it about 2.5 years now. Love love it.”

Jurb December 31, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was previously on Microgestin for 5 years prior to this. The only reason for the switch is because Walmart doesn’t always carry the same generic. I didn’t realize it then, but realize now the awful side effects this caused me. ‘They’ say all genetics are the same, but I don’t believe that for a second. Microgestin was great. Junel gave me regular yeast infections, lots of bloating and water retention, more acne, and did nothing to help my pre menopausal symptoms (night sweats and hot flashes). It also made me way more emotional than I normally am. I hated this pill and wish I would have put two and two together more quickly.”

Mandapanda · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 25, 2020

For Birth Control: “I took Junel fe 1/20 for one year. I had never been on birth control before starting Junel. When I first started it, I experienced very mild nausea so I took it at night right before bed and that fixed that problem. My periods have always been short but very heavy, 3-4 days with medium-heavy bleeding. Junel didn’t really affect that, but it made my breasts extremely sore. It cleared up my acne, only a small break out during the placebo week. But let me tell you... the emotional roller coaster has been a nightmare. It didn’t start until about 3 months in. I would not be able to sleep at night and just cry out of unexplainable anger or sadness. I would get really really angry for no reason. Dwell on things that made me upset and become so irritable I couldn’t express what I was feeling because I didn’t even know where it was coming from. Anxiety and depression worsened the longer I was on Junel. It was terrible. I’m onto something new and prob won’t go back to Junel.”

Sarah M. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 2, 2021

For Birth Control: “*Please Read* 28 year old female - I went on birth control for the first time >1 year ago. A few months into taking Junel Fe 1/20, I began experiencing severe anxiety, frequent panic attacks, and intrusive thoughts. I improved my diet, went to therapy, acupuncture, deleted my social media accounts, journaled more, meditated daily and none of it healed me. It did not make sense. I decided to read reviews on this birth control and found multiple sites/read over a hundred reviews of women experiencing something similar. I stopped taking this pill the following day and it's now been 1 month. The extremity of anxiety has subsided - no more suffering mentally, emotionally, and physically. I WISH I had done research prior to taking the pill my Gyno recommended. This should NOT be taken especially if you have existing mental health issues.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “It’s been working well for me besides the nausea and bloating. I worry because I haven’t gotten my period in a few months and I keep taking tests and they all come back negative so I assume it’s the pills stopping my period. I do get light spotting every now and then but that’s about it. I might switch because the whole no period thing scares me a bit but everywhere I read that’s a normal thing to happen. It’s also cleared up my skin tremendously and I only get like 1 pimple every month or so.”

Aubrey February 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on this pill fJujnel Fe 1/20 or over a year and I have honestly had no issues with it whatsoever! I was on the mini-pill previously and that was tough with having a rare and unpredictable period so I switched to a combo pill. I was honestly so skeptical at first because this doesn’t have the best reviews on here but honestly everything has been good for the past year! This allowed my hormones to be regular, helped to clear up my skin, and best of all prevent pregnancy without any horrible side effects. I did have breakthrough bleeding for a month or two there but it hasn’t come back since the beginning. Starting this new birth control was scary with all the possible side effects and some of these review horror stories, but it was a good choice. Personally, I have had no issues with this birth control and would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend. As I said before, I have had no issues and will stay on this pill for hopefully years to come.”