User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

4.1
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 234 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "The reviews I've seen aren't the most accurate. Of course everyone is different, but this works for me. I was originally on Gildess (same dosage) and LOVED it. Yet, it was discontinued and I was put on Blisovi - which was literally the worst BC I've ever been on. I talked to my pharmacist and was switched to this. If Gildess worked for you, this is the next best thing. Good luck!"

krkent April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have only been on Junel 1/20 for almost a month, but I'm already starting to notice differences with my body that I'm not too happy with. Firstly, I started developing cystic acne on my chin, which never happened before. It's really painful and hard to cover up with makeup. Secondly, my period is irregular. On my second week of the pill, I started feeling crampy and then a day or two later, I got my period. I am going to give it three months, and if nothing changes or if my symptoms worsen, I'm asking my doctor for something else. Any recommendations?"

Ashleyy6755 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was only on this for one month . It made my liver levels spike for some reason. I also have anxiety and I cried at everything while on this like everything was heightened. I know one month is nothing review wise but I'm sure given time it would have been better. I needed a lower progesterone pill"

Becca16x9 April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'd give it a zero if I could. They switched me to this brand this month and it has been the worst experience ever. I cannot stop crying, I lost my appetite, back pains, suicidal, worst pill ever given to me. DO NOT TAKE THIS."

C7382 April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel Fe 24 going on 3 months and I can't wait to go off of it. I have very painful periods and I wanted to go back on birth control after being off for 2 years (previously on Lo Loestrin and it was great). My first couple weeks taking it I was nauseous on and off. I had my first period during the iron pills like I should, but then I had it again 2 weeks later for over a week. During my periods I had a few days of cramping but not as bad as I had before (the only good part). I'm 24 yo and my sex drive is nonexistent, that's the main reason I need to switch. I'm also get very sad and emotional over nothing. I tried to give it a chance and tough it out hoping it would get better but it's not. I'm switching asap."

Rae232323 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Was prescribed this pill for PCOS and acne. Read the reviews and was very nervous but decided to try it regardless. Within 3 days of taking this I had horrific nightmares and nightsweats, heart palpitations, and the worst constant anxiety of my life. Everyone reacts differently, but if you are prone to anxiety I highly suggest not trying this pill. You will regret it."

Anonymous April 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm so glad I finally read reviews about this pill, and people are not lying when they say it's the worst. I recently found out that I have vertigo, but I was dealing with what I thought were vertigo symptoms for much longer than my doctor said they would last. The symptoms of this pill and vertigo are extremely similar. I am constantly light headed. Almost everyday. Sometimes to the point where I can't even drive. It makes me nauseous. I can't focus at work. And if you think people who said if gives them mood swings were being dramatic, they're not. I have anxiety attacks on a regular basis. I've most definitely gained weight and have seen my acne get worse. DON'T TAKE THIS PILL!"

lisamq11 April 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was switched to this pill from LoLoestrin Fe after changing my health insurance that didn't cover LoLo. I loved Lolo as I didn't get any side effects. Even aware of the horrible ratings that I read about Junel fe I decided to give it a try, becasue hey, everybody is different. HORRIBLE PILL. From the moment I started taking it I felt dizzy, had cramps, anxiety, mood swings, loss of energy and worse of all, I was getting migraines like almost every day. I also started to gain weight and THE HORROR... ACNE TOO! I told my OBGYN and we are going to try other method. Pills like this should not be on the market PERIOD and insurance companies should not just take the cheapest stuff that makes their subscribers PAYING THEM miserable."

AnnieRoxette April 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I didn't become pregnant on this pill but stopped taking it after 7 months due to side effects. I was moody, sad, getting horrible headaches weekly and felt anxious all the time. Never had any problems like that before so I stopped the pill and sure enough everything went back to normal. I also had several days of mild cramping rather than my usual one day of more intense cramps--wasn't a fan. I'd much rather get that discomfort over with in one day. Though covered by insurance, the side effects on this pill were not worth it to me."

Healthy happy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been Junel 1/20 for about 5/6 months now for ovarian cysts. I have dealt with severe cramping for years and this has definitely decreased the pain. However, despite the pros there are some cons. One being my breasts hurt full time and have gotten bigger, and lots of fluid retention (especially in my lower abdomen and thighs). Don't like the feeling of being swollen everywhere, makes me so I can't fit in my clothes some of the time. I just deal with it because it's better than the cramps I was having lol"

Anonymous9819 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill in February and I spotted everyday for two months. After taking the placebo pills in month #2 after my period the spotting stopped and everything is back to normal. It helped lighten my periods and eliminate cramps during my period. However I do get cramps after taking the active pills occasionally. I don't experience any mood swings, acne or weight gain."

Gemting April 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel Fe for 4 months now and it is horrible! I have never had anxiety this bad and I cry all the time over the littlest things!! I am tired all the time and my boyfriend has noticed that I've become a lot more emotionally unstable since starting this pill. My last two periods lasted over two weeks and they were very heavy. I would not recommend if you struggle with anxiety or depression. The one good thing that came out of this is that I'm not pregnant lol"

Ajdbcicneh April 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking the pill last month and for starters I am 26. I know that it takes a while for you body to adjust to the pill but I am on my second week of my menstrual cycle which is waaayyy to long for starters, I've gotten a bit more acne breakouts and I have noticed that, with my mood I have become more sensitive to things that usually don't bother me. I was taking this pill primarily to help regulate periods but like I said 2 weeks of a flow when I only usually last 7 days max makes me reconsider continuing with this pill."

Jenni78945 March 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I took Junel when I was 19 years old for birth control. The only downside to it was my decreased sex drive - which was kind of a big deal. Otherwise, I didn't experience any crazy symptoms, but my relationship ended so there was no reason to continue using."

halleson March 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I absolutely love this pill. I had horrible menstrual cycle throughout my 20's. I am now 34 my first BC experience was with the nuva ring which was a total fail. I do not want to have periods. My gyno said it is possible to not get your periods you just have to find a pill that is compatible with your body chemistry. I started bc pills about 2 yrs ago. I was on Amethyst, Jolessa, Lo Lo Estrin and now Junel Fe. I've been on it for 5 months now, I had breakthrough bleeding the first month for about 10 days. I only take active pills. I no longer have periods or any symptoms. I get light brown discharge (it is so light it's almost not noticeable) for about 2 days a month). I'm completely thrilled !!!!"

tooni (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control for five months and it served its purpose -- preventing pregnancy. I did notice a few downsides, though. I had more cravings and ate a lot more, gaining around 8 lbs within the five months. I've always been an anxious person, this pill made it so much worse. I also noticed I was super emotional and had horrible mood swings. Overall, it was an okay pill, but I'm going to look for a birth control with less side effects."

MissMeganx21 March 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This birth control is trash. Do not take especially if you have suffered from depression in the past. I was extremely irritable and snappy. The mood swings like I am crazy. Please avoid if sensitive to these things."

sea1234 March 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Terrible terrible pill. Tried Junel fe for a few months, advised that it takes a few months for your body to adjust to the pill. I could not say anymore MY BODY DID NOT ADJUST. I thought the mood swings, anxiety attacks, extra felt stress was a temporary effect....nope! I felt this everyday of every week of all the few months of taking this. Horrified by this pill and had a very negative experience with it. Crazy emotions, anxiety fits, mood swings galore. I'm usually cool as a cucumber so this pill did one dramatic number on me. I feel bad for my boyfriend"

Anon123no March 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking birth control for almost 2 years now and I have been changing my prescription very often. However, I have been on this pill since around August/September of 2016. My old pills helped with bloating, cramps, and flow and none of that changed when I started Junel fe. However for the past three months or so, I have had HORRIBLE mood swings, been feeling really depressed, I argue with my boyfriend and minutes later I don't even know what I got mad at (which is not like me at all.) I talked to a friend and she said this pill also made her feel crazy. My cramps are only bad the first day which is usually the second/third day that I take my placebo pills. I will be switching prescriptions within the next few weeks."

mandalynn21 March 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I have yet to finish my first month of Junel Fe and am wondering if starting birth control was the right decision for me. I have gained six pounds in less than three weeks and have experienced more breakouts than all of last year combined. I'm experiencing acne on my forehead and upper back. I feel emotional but nothing too out of the ordinary, but the weight gain and acne makes me feel insecure even though the acne is still probably considered mild and I am told you cannot notice the weight gain. I have had spotting for the last two weeks, starting off as bright red and cramps and has turned into dark brown without cramps. I have nothing to compare this birth control to and I fear that nothing will change and no other brand will be better."

Bobanks123 March 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Ok so I'm on here to post on a post I did on February 23 sooooo my first review after a month on pill was good. I can't say it is now :( on my second pack and calling Dr tomorrow to change it.... I started bleeding 2 weeks before my period and I'm also getting acne something I never ever had..... I also get very sensitive and cry for any little thing I'm definitely getting off this pill the reason the Dr put me on it was to control my heavy cycle and now I'm bleeding in between."

Prdoll71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16 - I'm now about 25. Nine years of being on the Pill, I've tried a number of different scripts. Juleber was fabulous (was on it for about two years), but before leaving to study abroad, I was accidentally prescribed Junel Fe instead. GOOD GRIEF. I am miserable! Like many other reviewers noted, I'm crying at random, I'm randomly hit with bouts of incredible sadness/depression, especially at night or later in the day. I'm anxious out of my mind, having panic attacks. I feel like a crazy person, not myself at all. I'm utterly horrified that this Pill is being prescribed to anyone. Going to the doctor locally tomorrow to fix this mess - ladies, STAY AWAY from this garbage Pill."

This is THE WORST. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been taking this for two weeks and I cry literally ALL the time for no reason!! It makes me feel insane! DON'T take this pill!"

Lauranne76 February 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill in January for my heavy menstrual flow and blood clots, the Dr prescribed ortho tri-cyclen which were the first pills I started taking back in 2006 when the Dr first put me on them ok so fast forward I go to take prescription to pharmacy and they tell me its not covered under my insurance, so here comes Junel Fe 1/20 I got pills and Dr told me to start taking them the first day I get my period in which I did like a week later. I read the side effects and got kinda worried wasn't sure if I wanted to take them but did. Here I am a month later and now on my second pack. My period this Month February was not heavy nor did it last more than 5 days. So far no side effects what so ever Thank God!!"

Prdoll71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've only been on Junel for a week and a half so I'm hoping that this will calm down after I've been on it for a little while but it's given me so much acne! I've always had pretty clear skin and now my face and upper back are literally covered in deep acne and bumps. Also I've noticed that my hair gets greasy faster, too. I just feel so oily and disgusting all the time. I'm trying to stick it out but this is absolutely horrible and I definitely cannot put up with these side effects if they persist. Wouldn't recommend."

zamirrra February 21, 2017