User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

4.5
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 169 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I actually recently got off of Junel, and since being off I realized I'm much happier, my sex drive has increased, I've been able to lose weight, and I'm not downright exhausted all the time. When I was still on it I'd notice right before my period I'd turn into a(n even more) psychotic, emotional wreck. I am also significantly less depressed now. I did not like the pill and these are my personal experiences, but of course everyone takes differently to medication."

Currently testing Tri Sprintec (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel for about 9 months. During the first month or two on this pill, I experienced terrible mood swings and depression. This has gotten better, but hasn't completely gone away. However, my periods are lighter and shorter. I still experience regular abnormal bleeding, for instance, one of my periods lasted a full month, and my most recent one started two weeks early. However, it does its job. Personally, I'm not sure whether the benefits outweigh side effects."

Jacey1217 July 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control when I was on it! I also started out on microgestin and when the pharmacys had stopped carrying it, I was switched to the junel. I was luckily enough to have my period for about 2.5 days per month, like clockwork. It cleared up my acne and I felt good. However, I came off of it in January of this year as my hubby and I are thinking about having children soon and I feel like a 15 year old again. My skin is insanely greasy, I'm breaking out like crazy, and to top it off, I've gained 15lbs because my appetite has been out of control! I guess I didn't realize how much junel had been suppressing my appetite and even my teenage acne... And no, I'm not pregnant so the weight gain cannot be contributed to that."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 5, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've had irregular menstrual cycles for years, and when I did have mine, it fame with vomiting and migraines. Junel Fe was the first thing my doctor suggested - she gave me a trial prescription, and I started as soon as my next period did. I had some hot and cold flashes and loss of appetite for a few days, but other than that, I felt great. When my period came, it was far less severe than usual - I didn't feel nearly as sick, and I didn't have to skip class because I couldn't function. I'm only on my second month of Junel, but so far so great. The few side effects I experienced were well worth the payoff."

A. Student (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Birth Control "before my body adjusted i had really bad mood swings. when my first cycle on the pill came around it was a little unsettling to say the least. bad cramping. inconsistent dark blood. menstruation is no longer a hassle though as its practically stopped completely. no mood swings. no change in appetite. less acne. you might not match this pill if you continue to yeild undesirable results."

adjcnt June 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Very surprised at the negative reviews - everyone is different! I've been on Junel for over a year and have loved it. No weight gain or mood swings. I used to have incredibly heavy periods with painful cramping, and all of that has completely disappeared! My periods are light and short, and I honestly get about one cramp a month."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 21 years old, non-smoker, do not drink often, exercise regularly (aka. poster child of health, I was a college athlete as well...I don't even have a cavity!) I recently got diagnosed with DVT (blood clot in leg) and a pulmonary embolism. I was on Junel FE and the 3 doctors I saw said it was due to the birth control. DO NOT TAKE THIS! I know it is considered a "rare" side effect, but it can happen to you easily. Apparently it is not as rare as I thought. The medication is VERY costly and you may have to be on blood thinners for the rest of your life. Be careful."

Erica123! (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2016

For Acne "I just completed my third month on Junel. At first, it made my skin experience the worst acne I have ever had in my life. I experienced tons of tiny breakouts all over my face, and cystic pimples, both things I have never seen on my face before. I decided to give it time, because many say your skin needs to get worse before it gets better; however, after three months it never did. When I would go on my placebo weeks, my skin would clear, and when I started the pill it would break out again. I would not recommend taking this medication for acne. In addition, I noticed terrible mood swings while on this medication. Many of my friends and family remarked that I was hostile at times. I felt deep depressions that I have never felt before."

Sarah V (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I was switched from microgestin to junel due to the former being out-of-stock at the pharmacy that my health insurance mandates I use. Two and a half weeks of constant cramping will, I'm sure, make me less than pleasant when I demand my old birth control."

K.E.E. (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I had tried 3 or 4 other types of birth control and felt like a crazy person on them. This is the only one I could stand to take that didn't cause horrible mood swings and anxiousness. My periods are regular - almost nonexistent, actually. I haven't noticed any side effects, to be honest, and am very satisfied with Junel. I have been on it for about 6-7 years now."

Best pill I've tried (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 5, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control made me gain weight, and has given me some major mood swings. With in an hour I go through 3 different types of emotions."

Hdw1127 May 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I stopped and restarted this BC to see if maybe the side effects woulds change but they only got worse. My emotions have been up and down and im suddenly getting really bad anxiety. My appetite is also out of control. Mu stomach feels like its a black pit 24/7 and im tired all the time. Ive tried other birth controls before and I just think the hormonal changes dont agree with me at all."

Gio Bia May 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I took junel fe birthcontrol for a week I stop because I started feeling sick three days later I came on my period I been on my period for a week now ever time I eat something I throw up I feel sick on and off threw out the day I have back pains this my first time taking birthcontrol ever"

Diamond618 May 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Yes it worked but the side effects I dealt with for 2 months (give or take) wasn't worth it. I had to be rushed to the hospital last week due to the horrible migraines, pin and needles in my face, numbness and dizziness. It takes a lot to scare me and this pill definitely scared me. When I started the pill in March I bled for a month. Old blood tho (brown) with lots of clots. Some of them were bigger than quarters. When I called my obgyn about the bleed in March she advised me to continue to take it and that my body had to adjust and then just last week I was rushed to the ER.Talk about scary. I only went onto the pill because I have my i.u.d. removed. I'm still adjusting mentally from not being on it. It made my depression bad."

TabiMcc May 17, 2016

"It's only been a month. I have anxiety as it is, this birth control made it 100x worse. The last couple of weeks I haven't been sleeping because I've been up with anxious feelings and had panic attacks for no reason. I haven't been feeling myself at all, I feel depressed. I didn't really experience mood swings, but my anxiety was so much worse. I just finished my period and it's safe to say that I will not start my new pack next week."

Christine10101010 May 12, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill made me break out like crazy. Also, it made me very depressed and irritated with everyone!! I gained a little weight and ate like crazy , I tried to get off of it but my doctor says I should take it for 3 months so my body can get used to it ."

Kayla97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I'm 41. My latest check up showed that I'm severely anemic. My GYN prescribed Junel Fe. As soon as I started taking it, I started to have heavy bleeding, humongous blood clots, horrible cramps, and migraine for 15 days now. I called my GYN's emergency line by the 11th day, & she advised me to stop taking the pill immediately. Guess what, the heavy bleeding continues, abdominal cramps are non-stop despite taking pain medication & has gotten me doubled over and in tears for days on end. Now my GYN wants to discuss surgery to fix my bleeding & my anemia. I'm still bleeding as I'm typing this. It's the 15th day, & 4 days since I stopped taking the pill."

Jo-ana May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Worst pill ever!!! I started taking this pill to regulate my period, clear my skin, and combat night sweats. I figure at mid 40s, I might be just now losing to much estrogen. Within one week, I went from having a high sex drive to none. I had hot flashes all day and was sweating like a gross animal, which only increased my acne. The fun continued as I had day long anxiety! There was no way I was waiting to see if my body regulated.. This pill got the trash!"

Lynn Callahan April 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Everyone is different, but I have LOVED this! I haven't experienced any side effects, except now when I start to get my period, my breasts hurt a little bit it goes away once I start. My period has lightened, my acne has cleared up, and I haven't gotten pregnant, so, I recommend this!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on Junel fe 1/20 for about 3 months now and take mine at night before bed. first month I was slightly more moody, just in general( maybe still more edgy) . I really didn't like taking bc pills in the past, all the side effects didn't sit well with me but, I decided it was time to start taking them again so there's no worries. It's a pretty mild pill no major side effects for me. A few things happened for me. my first period on it was more brown than red blood but since then it's been okay. My sex drive before was at an all time high now that I've been on these pills for 3 months it has definitely decreased some. Other than that everything has been good. I think if you can make it through the first month of a new pill you'll be good."

Chrissy 9118 April 21, 2016

For Birth Control "It does the job but nasty, just nasty side effects. Made me soo sick to my stomach even when taken with food."

Kerry B. (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Birth Control "So far so good. I've been on Junel for 6 months and it's been great! It has prevented pregnancy, and made me finally get my period 17 and never had a period so my dr. put me on Junel). I now get my period regularly. only negative is I have pretty bad mood swings, which I had before I was put on birth control, but now they're worse. I think it does a really good job other than that."

kel1998 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Continued: I experienced some breast tenderness and slight breast growth (I ain't complaining about that) I'm currently in my second pack and experiencing no side effects at all! I am very happy with this medication and impressed with how well it worked out for me despite all the negative reviews. Don't let the reviews frighten you, everyone's BODY'S are different so try it out for yourself!! :) good luck"

Your friendly friendddd April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "DO NOT GET SCARED BY THE REVIEWS!!!! my best advice is EVERYBODY is different. I read the reviews on this medication and got so scared and called my doctor and begged to switch before starting it. She told me to start and if anything goes wrong we can just switch it. My experience: First pack: I did have some slight nausea within the first week, it wasn't too bad J was still able to get through my days of going to school and work. Second week: light break through bleeding, nothing traumatic. Got my period during placebo week as planned no harsh symptoms, I am used to my period being very heavy lasting a whole week with terrible cramps and acne. I experienced none of that!! A plus, I had slight acne and this medicine cleared it right up."

Your friendly friend April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "After two years of uncontrolled bleeding on all different types of birth control this one is the only one thy ever worked and has been ever since! Everyone is different you just need to find the birth Control that works best for you !"

Jess russ (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 13, 2016