User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

Birth Control
4.7

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 4.7 380 reviews

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I was switched to these because Microgestin wasn’t available any longer and Junel is supposed to be the same. I took the pill Sunday morning and started feeling odd Monday night. By Tuesday I was afraid I was having a heart attack. I had all the symptoms and my pulse was 20-30bpm higher than usual. Over the next 4 days doctors had me have an EKG, a CAT scan for blood clots and numerous blood tests. Thursday it occurred to me that my med had changed even though it was supposed to be just a brand name change- something I told a nurse in routine questions but no one thought twice about. I stopped taking it Friday and by Saturday my pulse started to return to normal. Today is Monday and my pulse still spikes higher than it should when I do something even lightly strenuous, I’m fatigued, and my chest still aches but I’m slowly feeling like myself. Junel is NOT the same as Microgestin or Loestrin either one, no matter what it’s supposed to be."

Anonymous October 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Have used this for a month. Extreme headaches, nausea and my acne has returned. Not a fan."

Carol (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for 5 years now. My doctor prescribed it to me because my flow was severely heavy and that coupled with my anemia led to me passing out a lot. Also before I began it I had cramps so painful that I would miss work or school because I couldn't get out of the fetal position. The first thing I noticed when I originally went on it was the cramps went away. After 4 months of being on it my period it started to lessen. After the first year I went from 5 days of heavy flow and 2 days average flow to 3 days heavy flow and then it lessened over the course of the week. Now I have 3 days of normal flow and light spotting the rest of the week. I never gained weight or had any anxiety attacks. Honestly his pill is great."

Fe (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 2, 2018

For Birth Control "This is garbage! I was having problems figuring out what was wrong with me, then I read everyones reviews. 2 months in on this pill, Since wallgreens said they did not have my other pill available they said this was the same. I noticed severe changes in how I feel. It was horrible. Breasts hurt so bad, headaches, gaining tons of weight, facial swelling and water retention ,depression, food cravings like never before, mood swings etc. This pill is the worst. I hate it, I will never take it again. I gained 12 pounds in the few weeks on it or more. I am very unhappy. This pill needs to be taken off the market, this is absolutely the worst. I am so angry. Please do not take this. FDA needs to remove this from the market. It's dangerous."

Ari (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Initially, I was placed on birth control due to irregular periods that lasted 10-11 days. I started with a different prescription and it literally had no effect after 3 months. My periods were still irregular and they were still 11 days. So, my doctor switched me to Junel. I never really attributed the changes in myself to my medication so it was odd to start noticing things. I love Junel for its purpose, preventing pregnancy and regulating and lightening my period (now only 6-7 days). The only side effects I have noticed in myself would be a major increase in emotions, an increase in breast size and vaginal dryness. I was NEVER an emotional person but I pretty much tear up about ANYTHING slightly sad. The emotional side is a bit annoying but it can be dealt with. Otherwise, this medication has suited its purpose for me over these past 2 years."

Lex615 September 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I started lo loestrin Fe about 5 months ago, which I hated so much, gained about 10 pounds and was constantly tired and mood swings were crazy. It was so expensive too, so I switched to Junel fe 1/20 at first I loved it (the first three months) Now I just started my 4th month pack and I've had the worst cramping and nausea the week before my period and ever since I got my period AND even when my period is gone, its so uncomfortable. My periods are lighter than ever and I've had no acne. But this cramping and mood swings and sad thoughts are just about enough to stop taking BC."

kk September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Junel Fe for about two months and it has shortened my period and made my cramps easier to deal with but I’ve experienced EXTREME nausea. There are certain days where all I can think about is how nauseous I am. I also have experienced mood swings, anxiety, inability to focus, fatigue, and almost constant bleeding all throughout the month. 6/10 sort of recommend."

Doggo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control "it's great, zero side effects for me"

AJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control "It was horrible. I bled for 23 days straight. I had to stop taking the pills after 2 weeks because of the non stop bleeding/spotting and I had gained 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I was 102.8 when I started, and in 14 days I was 112.8. Way too many hormones in that pill. Do not take this!"

Ang (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Birth Control "My previous birth control got discontinued and I was prescribed Junel FE. Within the first two months I gained 30 pounds and my acne has been worse than it’s ever been. I’ve been taking birth control pills since I was thirteen and I’ve never had problems until Junel. I do not recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for nearly 2 months. In these 2 months, I have experience extreme fatigue, anxiety, and depression. I also experienced some of the most painful cramps I have ever had during the first month. I struggled with anxiety and depression prior to going on Junel Fe 1/20, but not to this extreme. I'm going to continue with this pill for another month or two in hopes that I might finish adjusting to this pill and feel ok again. My hopes are not high though. This pill is probably not the best choice for me and might not be the best choice for a lot of women......"

annie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for 6 weeks after having a tubal pregnancy and a fallopian tube removed. For 3 weeks I've been having severe panic attacks. I get agitated, can't focus and have racing thoughts. I didn't consider that the BC could be to blame until last night when I realized that's the only thing that's changed. I did research on this drug and I'm relieved to discover that other women feel the same way. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather NONE of us feel this way EVER, but it's nice to know I'm not alone. Holy balls. I stopped taking this immediately. Besides the AWFUL anxiety, I've also experienced nearly non-stop bleeding, headaches, nausea and fatigue. It could take a while for my body to "accept" these things and level out, but I'm not willing to feel this way any longer. This BC is HORRIBLE, at least for me. I'm going to just switch to condoms. I don't want to chance trying another drug that can mess with my hormones, my emotions, my physical well-being and my life."

V from IL September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "So I’ve been on birth control for about 3 years now. A year ago I switched gynos and she put me on a new pill (junel fe). At first everything was fine. But I developed MAJOR anxiety, was having attacks daily. Couldn’t control my emotions. Gained a little bit of weight but not much at all. After being on it for almost a year now my face has been breaking out HORRIBLY. I never even had this much acne in high school. Yes periods were shorter, and only had one day of heavy bleeding. I would get bad cramps the week before, the week of, and the week after my period. One other thing it increased was my migraines. The ONLY good thing that came from this pill was keeping me from being pregnant, but it’s not worth it and I am switching ASAP."

Jr (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "As someone who has a very heavy period, cramps have always been a problem. I was put on this BC by a doctor from urgent care & it honestly was life changing. My periods were lighter, but they were still pretty lengthy (5 days.. better than 7 lol). It also regulated my period. I never really broke out that bad, just a couple spots here and there... this helped with acne.. I only broke out on my period. The only downside is that it gets you very depressed... I would recommend this to someone who is new to birth control! :)"

mp1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control made me gain about 15 lbs, gave me horrible cystic acne, and oily hair in the six month span I was taking it. Before I realized the pill was causing this I considered Accutane, that’s how bad the acne was. It did prevent pregnancy so that’s why I’m giving it two stars. Two weeks after I stopped taking it my skin, hair, and body started to return to normal. Though I’m left with a face covered in scars and acne marks."

Illa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "At 18 I went on birth control to help with menstrual cramp that would cause me to miss school they’d get to bad. I was on microgestin for TEN YEARS and never had a problem. Last year after switching PCPs I was put in to Junel Fe. I experience major mood swing, random emotional outbursts, lost my motivation to do pretty much anything active, and devloped anxiety.. the problems didn’t stop there. This past July I was admitted to the hospital with a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung) that almost killed me. All from switching to Junel Fe."

Samantha (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on microgestin and one day went to Walgreens and gave me this and told me it was the same thing. It definitely was NOT. On microgestin I had 0 problems at all but since taking Junel fe my skin has become worse than it was in middle school and gave me painful cystic acne all over my face that will not go a away. I’ve been taking this for 4-5 months though and planning to switch. Only pro is that I didn’t get pregnant."

not a fan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first time being on birth control, I started in late May. This birth control is literally giving me acne. Before I had pretty “good” skin, I only broke out during my period and now it’s acne 24/7. I have heard your skin gets worse before it gets better but I’ve been on it for like 4 months I feel like my body has adjusted. I also get more headaches but the one pro (other than preventing pregnancy) is that my period is lighter and less cramps but I don’t know if it’s worth this additional acne. I’m gonna try another birth control and hopefully not ruin my body."

Alison September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have always read reviews on different birth controls and it has always scared me. I started taking Junel Fe 1/20 about 2+ weeks ago, and so far I have had barely any issues. I’ve only dealt with tender breasts and spotting so far, but other than that I’ve noticed no major changes. Birth control is all about finding the right pill for you! Don’t be scared to try it because of what you read online."

Mai September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking birth control pills for over 3 years without an issue and recently switched to the Junel Fe brand in March out of convenience/insurance. I didn't think there was an issue at first, but this medication has produced increasingly worse side effects as the months have passed. I have gotten to the point where my bleeding, pain, emotions, and exhaustion are worse than they have ever been in my entire life. I have gained a ton of weight and experience 24/7 extreme PMS symptoms even when my period is over a week away. The only good thing Junel Fe has done is keep me from getting pregnant."

Myboobshurtsobadly (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I have always struggled with depression, but after stopping this pill for just a couple weeks, I can see how much the birth control was to blame. It wasn't until a failed suicide attempt that resulted in someone mentioning that maybe my birth control is contributing to my extreme emotions that I stopped taking it and boom, I'm a different person. I'm truly so sad I spent the last two years of my life struggling because of how messed up this medication made my emotions. I wouldn't suggest it to my worst enemy."

Anonymous September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "The 1st week of being on this BC, I experienced nausea and anxiety. I started to experience some acne, which was normal to what I experience on my period. I also had no cramps during my 1st period which was amazing compared to the very painful cramps I have had my whole life. During the 1st week of the 2nd month, I had extreme anxiety and depressive thoughts. I tried breaking up with my boyfriend (who is amazing) for very irrational reasons. I also was having some cystic acne. As the month went on, I started to feel better except for a few times I became extremely sad and depressed when I drank alcohol. Currently, I am halfway through my third month and my acne has cleared up. I have not had much anxiety or any other issues. I am very active and have not gained any weight while taking this BC. Overall, I am happy with my life and my relationships. My advice is to not let all the negative reviews get to you, try it for yourself, and keep in my mind the importance of a healthy lifestyle."

Anonymous September 3, 2018

For Birth Control "Okay so I was previously on another brand of birth control under my moms insurance for two years (which was great). Then my mom passed away and I was switched over to my dads insurance (not so great) so they switched me over on Junel. The pill was fine at first I was on this for two years I’d have panic attacks about once a month really high anxiety. But into my second year around October my depression and anxiety got significantly worse and I was having anxiety attacks daily. I’d try so hard to be happy and go out I’d feel that dizzy “like a dream” feeling for those three weeks in and I’d just get so sad for no particular reason. I don’t know if it was a bad batch or if it was my body’s reaction (because everyone’s body reacts to things different) . Yet, it made me feel bad enough to just stop it. And now I’ve haven’t had any attacks since (about a year later) ."

Babygirlvro (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I am on week 2 and have been experience onset of severe fatigue and nausea on and off. I'm working through it but I haven't had this kind of side effects before when taking birth control pills. I'm going to weather through it and see if it gets better. My gp said it should take 3 months to adjust and then we will re- evaluate if I should adjust dosage or try a different one."

Cj (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the second birth control I've been on and I love it. I've been taking Junel Fe consistently for about a year. It has helped my mood swings during my PMS week, did not make me gain weight, made my boobs seem fuller, did not make me break out in acne, and has overall been very effective for me. I got on birth control because of how painful my periods were, now I only get a period that lasts about 2 or 3 days, I still do get cramps but they are not painful at all, my biggest problem with my periods. The only negative for this pill is that I have noticed a decreased libido, but I will take that over a painful period or pregnancy."

Milly (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...