User Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20 to treat Birth Control

Junel Fe 1/20 Rating Summary

4.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

bayarealove June 26, 2020

“After stopping breastfeeding my doctor said I needed to switch bc from mini pill to something else. Prior to pregnancy I was on microgestin w/o issues. She placed me on Junel, not sure why but after several months I decided to switch because of the dry skin it would cause down there, inability to self lubricate. I requested to go back to microgestin. After 4 months I gained 6 pounds which isn't bad. But real is a deal breaker for me. I gained 50 pounds in 5 years with depo that I can't get rid of and I'm scared to gain more. I requested to switch to something else but it's only been 4 days but so far I'm not liking this pill either. Feeling really bummed like I can't find something that will work for me.”

BC user · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 9, 2020

“I’ve tried several types of birth control and this was the only one that didn’t give me terrible side effects. I works very well. The generic brand, Lerin was terrible for me but the brand name was great!”

realname · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2020

“Junel Fe1/20 has been absolutely awful for me. The first few weeks I felt mostly okay, my sex drive was normal and I felt a little more emotional than normal but nothing too extreme. Then I had the most intense body aches I’d ever experienced. I was unable to move from my bed for almost a week. No position was comfortable, nothing helped, and I just cried all day. I experienced a lot of breakthrough bleeding and my breasts became incredibly sensitive and sore and have stayed like that the entire time I’ve been on the pill. The second month in I started experiencing intense panic attacks and OCD like symptoms as well as severe depression. This has lasted through the third and forth months and I haven’t gone a day without weeping or having a panic attack in two months. My appetite has been gone for about a month now too. Zero sex drive, lots of dryness. Overall it’s been absolutely awful and I would not recommend at all. I’ve never been so mentally unstable in my life.”

P.D · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

“I’ve been on this pill Junel Fe 1/20 for 6 months because my insurance stopped covering my previous birth control. I’ve been on birth control for about 6 years now and I’ve never experienced any weird side effects until I was switched to this pill. I began to suffer from migraines every time I was on my placebo pills, breasts were super tender before I got my period, I didn’t feel like myself got mood swings and irritated by things that us usually wouldn’t bother me. Also lost my sex drive ALOT. Overall my experience has been great and I’ve chosen to switch to a different birth control pill.”

Raya · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 23, 2020

“I’m a healthy 21 year old NON SMOKING female, After being on Junel Fe going on 2 years I developed super intense migraines non stop for a month, eventually it led to me not being able to keep food or liquid down for 3 days straight. When I had went to the hospital I was in critical condition and they ran a MRI; they notice I had a very large blood clot in my brain and a minimal stroke. I was on no other medications other than birth control. The professionals knew that I indeed had this blood clot thanks to my birth control Junel FE 1/20 . A year later I am happy to say with the help of Coumadin (Blood thinner medication) my clot is now gone. Always ask the risks of taking these medications and please do your research. Three positive things I can say about the medication was the fact my cramps weren’t terrible, my period was shortened and It was always on time.”

Sjahds May 14, 2020

“Now what I wasn’t expecting is the AMAZING things it did to my FACE FEATURES!!!! I have had a weird face elongation the last year and a half and I was like yeah I guess it’s a part of growing a little old ( I’m 25 y/o) but still was annoyed of what my face looked like, after starting this pill I have noticed my face bones were shifting back in and up and thought maybe It’s all in my mind, but then I would take close-up selfies with no makeup or anything and compare them to other selfies I took couple days ago and the difference is SHOCKING !!! I have always had a pretty round feminine face which I thought I was never getting back after that whole year and a half of weird elongation !! I’m not a doctor but I think this pill regulated my hormones or added estrogen or something to my body but whatever it is... I can finally say I got my 22 y/o face back and really can’t stop looking in the mirror, feels like I had a surgery or something lol”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2020

“I was on Junel FE 1/20 for the 3 month adjustment period. Once I finished the 3rd pack I decided not to continue because every 3 weeks I was getting yeast infections. In total I had 4 infections during the 3 month period. As for my acne, it got worse the first 2 months and then better. Skin was really dry though. Sex drive decreased. Didn’t gain any weight though which was nice and my emotions were very stable even with my history of anxiety and depression.”

MissPretty · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

“I took this birth control Junel Fe 1/20 for 3 months it worked however the side effect for me was it made my acne worse. Once I stopped taking it my acne was better within days. Other than that it wasn’t completely bad I didn’t have any other side effects.”

Sore Titties · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2020

“I’ve been taking Junel fe for almost 3 months now and the only problem I’ve had was sore breasts. My period came the first month but the second month I only bled the first day and spotted throughout the rest of the 7 days. I also had mood swings the first month but after that I was fine.”

Ohiogirl April 7, 2020

“I wanted to share my experience with this birth control because of the bad reviews. I’ve been on it for about two months now and the only bad side effect I’ve had is sore breasts (they are REALLY sore before my period, to the point I need to put ice on them). Other than that, I’ve really liked this pill. I’m a 23 y/o with an average diet and I workout 3-4 times a week. I haven’t had any weight gain or issues with cravings on it yet. My sex drive doesn't feel like it’s changed, but I also have a pretty high one so maybe it’s just become more normal. I had some light spotting when I first started the pill but it regulated quickly. I previously took Camilla and spotted ALL the time, even after using the pill religiously for a year. My gynecologist said it’s possible on June that I’ll get to the point where I have no periods at all. Overall, I’ve had a pretty good experience so I would just recommend trying it if your doctor thinks it could work best with your body.”

Piper · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2020

“*UPDATE It is now March and I had to switch off the Junel bc I was getting severe chest / heart pains and had to get an EKG. I wanted to write about the symptoms I had for those months. Well, my pharmacy unexpectedly switched me to Microgestin the second month because Junel was "backordered". I was always extremely tired, nauseas and had a continuous splitting headache. Also I'm usually a person who is ALWAYS trying to have sex and since I was on Junel/Microgestin I am NEVER thinking of sex. No sex drive at all. Really sucks. Also because of my PCOS I still have severe bloating and pain. So the BC hasn't helped with that either but I understand it takes time. So now because of the chest pains/ other symptoms I am currently taking LoLoestrin. I am genuinely an anxious person so my gyno said this might help with my anxiety as well as my other issues. Hopefully this pill will be different. The chest pains have lowered but still kind of remain. I will update again. Hope this helps ladies.”

anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2020

“I’ve been on this pill June Fe 1/20 for a little over three months now after I got switched from Larin. I never had any major side effects - no headaches, nausea, breast tenderness, etc. My cramping has reduced slightly, but not as much as hoped. The biggest problem is if I ever forget to take the pill and have to take two in one day I end up with severe nausea and vomiting, even if they’re spread apart.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

“I am almost through my third month of Junel Fe, and I feel a lot better than I did when I was taking Taytulla. On Taytulla, I developed a phobia, had anxiety attacks regularly, and experienced the worst depression of my life! After taking a year off from birth control, I am taking this and my periods are very light, my cramps are not as painful, my acne is GONE, and no depression and minimal anxiety.”

K March 3, 2020

“I’ve been on Junel Fe for about 5 months and haven’t found the relief I was searching for. First month went on without a breeze, but since then it’s been a disaster. My cramps have lessened but still are a nuisance and require medication to allow me to function proper. My cycle is completely irregular, I haven’t had period while on my placebo pills the entire time I’ve been on Junel. I bleed on my active pills each month and it’s still not regular or consistent. Which terrifies me thinking my birth control is not effective. My mood is ALL over the place and my anxiety has been through the roof. My skin has sorta cleared up but I contribute that to me not wearing makeup anymore. I contacted my doctor to change pills. This was my first time using BC and this experience was far from what I wanted. I kept giving it time so my body could adjust however I didn’t want to suffer anymore. Hopefully I can find something that really fits my needs and doesn’t make things worse.”

Ecat12 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 29, 2020

“Although I had positive experiences with this birth control Junel Fe 1/20 like no breakthrough bleeding, no mood changes, etc. I got pregnant. I did not miss any pills, was not on an antibiotic or any medication that could have interfered with the birth control and took it at the same time every day. Therefore I would not rate this as an overly effective birth control pill. I am starting it again now 1 month after delivering our unplanned (yet very loved) baby, but my husband also had a vasectomy.”

E · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

“Switched from generic pill (on it for several years) to Junel FE after a computer error at GYN. Figured I would be fine as I never had any problems with the pill. Month 1 okay, months 2&3 no period and extremely on edge. Not pregnant, just no period. Switched back to generic and immediately felt better and got my period regularly again.”

Aubrey February 27, 2020

“I have been on this pill fJujnel Fe 1/20 or over a year and I have honestly had no issues with it whatsoever! I was on the mini-pill previously and that was tough with having a rare and unpredictable period so I switched to a combo pill. I was honestly so skeptical at first because this doesn’t have the best reviews on here but honestly everything has been good for the past year! This allowed my hormones to be regular, helped to clear up my skin, and best of all prevent pregnancy without any horrible side effects. I did have breakthrough bleeding for a month or two there but it hasn’t come back since the beginning. Starting this new birth control was scary with all the possible side effects and some of these review horror stories, but it was a good choice. Personally, I have had no issues with this birth control and would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend. As I said before, I have had no issues and will stay on this pill for hopefully years to come.”

dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2020

“On Junel Fe 1/20 for one month so far. My face acne cleared up, but then I got back acne, hoping it will go away.. Losing my appetite, feel like I'm eating just to survive. No weight gain yet. It hasn't affected my emotions like other pills have (yet), although I eat healthy and exercise 4-5 times a week. I think this helps with how your body responds to the pills hormones. Three periods in one month, that sucked. Mostly spotting. Hoping next month will be better. I will update this review. I think the pill is worth it so far.”

HSNYC February 24, 2020

“I was on Junel FE for over 8 years. It was given to me in middle school because I had such horrible cramps I couldn't leave my house. Middle school and high school I didn't really have side effects. My sophomore year of college it started to give me vaginal burning and dryness. The dryness stayed, but the vaginal burning would come and go. I noticed I had frequent yeast infections throughout high school and college on the pill. I finally stopped Junel last month because it gave me breast cysts after over 8 years of use. For the last three months that I was on Junel, I had extreme breast pain every single day of the month. The last month that I was on birth control the pain in my breasts was so bad that I would cry out in pain everyday. Off it a month and my breast pain is gone, my headaches have significantly improved. At 22 it gave me painful breasts and cysts so I had to stop it for fear of getting breast cancer. Also, gave me horrible anxiety during last year on it.”

Gabby · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

“So I got on this pill bc all my friends have babies and I was like now way. Lol. No. So I just want to say my first 4 days went great. Skin was clearing. Appetite curbed. Great. Day 5 hit and so did the dizziness and migraines and random nausea. I ignored it because all my friends said it’s normal. Then I got my period again. Extremely dark blood. Now, day 6 I’m ending taking it. When I say my body is a 12/10 on pain I mean I can’t leave bed without puking. I’ve cried all day. Leaking dark brown blood. No sex drive AT ALL. Migraines. Everything. Worst decision ever. I can’t even eat. I’m hoping I can recover quickly from this torture I put my poor body through.”

Alexis February 20, 2020

“I got the Skyla IUD and loved it. When that expired and it was time to get it removed, I opted for the Mirena IUD because it lasted longer. WORST MISTAKE EVER! There were too much hormones. I kept it for over a year hoping my body would adjust, but I couldn’t stand it any longer. I was depressed, anxious, insecure, sad, and my mood swings were so bad I thought I was bi-polar. My boyfriend could hardly recognize the girl he met prior to the Mirena. My doctor didn’t seem to fully believe the Mirena was causing this, but I am 110% certain. I started Junel immediately after removing the IUD and have felt a huge weight of relief. I’m smiling again, I no longer want to rage at every person who annoys me, and my relationship is healthy once again. I read a lot of reviews saying they hated this pill, and maybe it’s because my body was already super accustomed to hormones, but I love it! The bleeding at first was SEVERE but some iron pills and rest cleared it up.”

Mir February 12, 2020

“The 1st month on Junel Fe 1/20 was fine and the only side effect was breakthrough bleeding. 2nd month I had a panic attack where I experienced disassociation (I have never experienced anything close to this before) and intense anxiety. I figured that it was just the result of dehydration and stress but in retrospect I should’ve considered that my birth control may have been the cause. 3rd month I felt anxious, extremely depressed & hopeless, and had no appetite. I had times of disassociation which was frankly terrifying. This is not like me. Towards the end of my 3rd month I decided to stop taking birth control. I am four days off of it and have started to feel a bit better. My doctor told me that these symptoms stem from birth control. I suggest considering different options if you have a history of mental health issues. I know everyone’s body reacts differently so this is just my experience. I am sending you all love & sincerely hope this birth control works for you.”

Anna February 11, 2020

“I am a medical student so I have studied OCPs and various side effects that are expected. But even my education couldn’t prepare me for the months of HORROR I experienced. I had sore nipples but knew it was my body adjusting to the increased estrogen so I tolerated it, what I didn’t expect was this empty feeling unlike anything I’ve ever felt. Also I felt irrational rage and my mood was explosive. I felt like I was going crazy, little things would irritate me and I would be emotional rather than cope. I thought it’s stress from medical school, but I’ve always had stress and dealt with. Prior to Junel I was on Microgestin for 10+ years. I stopped Junel a month ago, I am back to feeling like myself. Junel is so dangerous..I am a happy easy going person with a lot going on for me in life but it made me feel so worthless and at those darkest moments even suicidal please avoid. I know everyone reacts differently but if you read reviews you can see a pattern”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2020

“I was so scared to take Junel Fe 1/20 after reading all of the reviews. However, I am happy that I did. The first month I had experienced a lot of breakthrough bleeding as my body was adjusting to the pill, but now I have my period regularly and it is almost nothing! It is super light, and just enough to let me know I am not pregnant. I didn't experience any side effect symptoms with this pill either, no weight gain like everyone says... however I am fairly active and eat pretty clean. I would give this a try before taking any of these reviews into consideration, everyones body is different!”

Mickey February 5, 2020

“Worst pill I have ever been over. I was on Junel three months before noticing my hair thinning and coming out. Do not recommend!!”