User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone to treat Birth Control

Also known as: Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Blisovi 24 Fe, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Estrostep Fe, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Larin Fe 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 1/35, Minastrin 24 Fe, Loestrin 24 Fe, Necon 7/7/7, Larin 1/20, Junel Fe 24, Junel 1/20, Fyavolv, Brevicon, Gildess Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1/20, Leena, Balziva, Mibelas 24 Fe, Generess Fe, Pirmella 1/35, Jinteli, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Aranelle, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Gemmily, Dasetta, Larin 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Hailey Fe 1/20, Wymzya Fe, femhrt, Necon 0.5/35, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Junel 1.5/30, Aurovela 24 Fe, Tarina 24 Fe, Kaitlib Fe, Tilia Fe, Hailey 1.5/30, Alyacen 1/35, Gildess 1/20, Charlotte 24 Fe, Larin 24 Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Cyclafem 1/35, Norinyl 1+35, Zenchent, Aurovela 1.5/30, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Larin Fe 1.5/30, Melodetta 24 Fe, Vyfemla, Layolis Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Nortrel 7/7/7, Zenchent Fe, Nortrel 0.5/35, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz Nylia 1/35 Aurovela 1/20 Leribane Tri-Legest Gildagia Tri-Legest Fe Briellyn Lomedia 24 Fe Dasetta 7/7/7 Philith Dasetta 1/35 Hailey Fe 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Alyacen 7/7/7 Gildess 1.5/30 Merzee Finzala Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 5649 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 36% of those users who reviewed Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone Rating Summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Shaynamerfaa June 15, 2021

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve tried three different birth controls previously. I have been on Lo lo for a year now to prevent pregnancy. I wish I never started birth control because my body has rejected every single one. My periods are never on time, I never know when to expect them. Sometimes I don’t even get them which triggers my anxiety even more because I like having reassurance. The only plus side when I get them my period is super light but when I don’t get my period, I will have period symptoms for 2 weeks straight. I just took a pregnancy test and it was negative, but my boobs hurt and I’ve had horrible cramping for 2 weeks. Still no period. This would be a good birth control if I actually knew when I was getting my period”

Td345 June 12, 2021

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was on Taytulla for two years and stopped a month ago. The first side effect was depression. It wasn’t severe and it balanced out within 2 months. My moods were stable and my period lightened up, although it never stopped (I didn’t have a very heavy flow to begin with). I gained 20 pounds and my libido suffered. Despite the minor side effects, I would’ve continued with this pill had it not been for the headaches. I had never had a migraine before starting Taytulla. I then had an ocular migraine but my doctor said it was unrelated to the pill. After that, I began to suffer from headaches 2-3 times a week and a migraine several times a month. I have not had one headache since I stopped this medication. If strokes or complex migraines run in your family or if you suffer from them already, I do NOT recommend this pill. I have read other reviews where other users began to have headaches as well, even though headaches are not a side effect listed for this medication.”

Nalalover125 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2021

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have REALLY pushed this birth control to its limits and it always exceeds my expectations! I’ve been on it for 4 years now and not a single scare! So happy :)”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 2, 2021

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve noticed a lot of comments, saying not to take it, but I feel that a lot of people don’t understand that birth control effects each person differently no matter which birth control you take. So, if you are new to any birth control do not let these comments discourage you. Listen to your body and your doctor. Personally I love this birth control and it has made my skin clear, periods lighter, no weight gain and no noticeable mental changes. But, it could always be different for the next person. If your doctor is prescribing you Junel fe, take it and try it out, if its not good for you than there are other options.”

Livvy January 13, 2021

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on Lolo for about 7 months. Initially I was put off by all the bad reviews but because of my failed experience with the higher dosed birth control pills, I still gave it a go. Yes, I did break out a lot in the first month. Yes, my mood swings were out of control. No, I did not gain any weight, if anything I'm finding that this medicine is helping me keep my weight more stable. After 7 months passed, I still have no weight gain, my skin cleared up so much after the first 2 months (other than the occasional pimple when my EXTREMELY light period comes), my overall mood has been elevated. Before LoLo, I had terrible mood swings and bouts of depression and sadness. Lolo has helped me regulate my hormones all together. Ladies remember, people will often times leave a bad review over a good one. I wanted to give up on my birth control because of how bad it made me feel at first, but I’m so happy I stuck it through and found a pill I absolutely LOVE.”

Lauren July 3, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “PLEASE READ IF YOU STRUGGLE WITH MENTAL HEALTH!! I was on Lo Lo for a little over a year and a half. Overall I didn’t have bloating or acne or irritability which was great; however, I wouldn’t get my period for months at a time (wasn’t pregnant but definitely had a few scares when it wouldn’t come). It helped my cramping and PMS symptoms when I did get my period though which was great. BUT DO NOT BE FOOLED! I struggle with depression, anxiety and panic attacks so I never connected the dots that this BC made it worse. I didn’t realize Lo Lo was making me crippling depressed up until the last month on, I had MAJOR suicidal thoughts and immediately stopped taking it and within a couple days I didn’t have those thoughts or crippling depression. Would not recommend in the slightest if you struggle with mental health to begin with as I do. Currently taking a different birth control pill and I feel back to my normal self.”

MT · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 23, 2021

Aurovela Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I actually LOVE this birth control. This is my first time taking a pill for birth control & I requested for the lowest hormone dosage they could possibly give me. I feel 0% physical side effects & as for hormone & emotional, I actually feel more balanced (less depressed when my period comes around). I read all these reviews & others on different websites & got terrified that this would be absolutely horrible for me (I have PMDD & birth control is a scary guessing game a lot of the time, my body usually doesn't like it & rejects it), but weirdly this one that everyone seems to not like, my body is liking. If you're starting to take Aurovela & coming from a higher hormone dosage I could see why your body freaked out, it's not Aurovela it's the gap of hormones that it was used to. Also, most people spend time to write bad reviews but people with good experiences don't usually take the time to write good reviews- keep that in kind if you're reading these.”

Anonymous May 9, 2021

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “If you’re taking this and feel like you’ve lost your mind, It’s not you, it’s this god awful pill I promise. Never in my life have I had any sort of anxiety/ depression until I started this pill. Every month I noticed my anxiety increasing which eventually led to several panic attacks with disassociation that lasted for weeks. Came on here and realized it was these pills. Stopped a month and a half ago and finally have started to feel like myself again. I realize everyone’s body reacts differently to the pill but PLEASE discontinue this at the first sign of any mental side effect and do not keep going like I did. It got to the point where I felt suicidal just to escape how miserable I was feeling. NEVER in my life have I felt like this. I am hoping to save someone’s life by this review. If you’re feeling like I did please stop this pill and know it WILL get better. Give you body time to rebound for these toxic hormones. This pill needs to be pulled off the market NOW.”

Emma June 6, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “READ IF YOU'RE A YOUNG WOMAN LOOKING FOR BIRTH CONTROL!! I’ve been on Lo loestrin Fe for a year now, and I really like it. I had no acne breakouts, weight gain, and no serious depression or anything. The only thing is that sometimes I will cry a lot and become a bit sensitive. I started lolo for prevent pregnancy and everything has been good so far. I have not gotten my period, or spotted once since being on this pill which is a bit strange but the doctor said it was normal. I would definitely recommend this to anyone young (I am 18) if you are looking for a pill. I know reviews can be really intimidating but you really have to try the pills for yourself and see what is best for your body!”

TGirl April 5, 2021

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Just want to share my positive experience using Lo Loestrin Fe. I was initially afraid to take Lo Lo, as I thought it would have the same negative effect/outcome as with other pills; however, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to be on LoLo. My mood was fantastic (important to me as other pills had always triggered my anxiety and depression), my acne completely cleared up, and my period was much lighter/less crampy (a huge deal as I have historically had very heavy and super painful periods). If I had the option to stay on this pill, I would; however, due to personal history of high blood pressure and because I am now turning 35, my gynecologist recommended that I switch to a BC w/out estrogen. I just want to share my positive experience with taking Lo Lo for anyone out there that is exploring this option for the first time. I was on LoLo for just about 5 years.”

doesnt matter June 3, 2021

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I got on this BC March 2021 after my Nexplanon expired. I am a newlywed and even though my husband and I want to have children, I want to wait at least a year to have a baby. My PCP decided to put me on Junel so I can stop at any time. Symptoms the first couple weeks were cramps, sore breast, headaches and fatigue. Today marks 3 months on this BC & I will not continue taking them. The non stop crying, panic attacks, anxiety, arguments with my spouse, sadness, depression are out of hand. I laid in bed last night and wished I was dead. I have so many suicidal thoughts and felt like I was going thru some stuff times in my marriage but after reading all these reviews and being able to relate to these other women I realize I'm not crazy. I've been feeling so alone in my dark thoughts I was scared I would end up in the hospital sooner than later. Listen to your body please and if any of this relates to you please consult you doctor. YOU ARE NOT ALONE !”

HWoch February 17, 2021

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was on Junel FE 1/20 for two years with no issues at all. My heavy periods were finally light and I rarely got cramps. When COVID hit Walgreens told me that this birth control was on backorder because the manufacturer was changing the formula. Transferred my script to Giant Eagle because they had a big supply. November 2020 rolls around and I start having a period in the middle of the pill pack. It caused me so much anxiety and money because my doctor ordered all these tests to see why I was bleeding. Was becoming severely depressed with the darkest thoughts I have ever had in my life. I would cry for days for no reason. I felt so "out of body." After three months of on and off bleeding, horrible anxiety and depression and a host of other symptoms my husband made me go off this pill cold turkey. All my symptoms are now gone and I feel so much better. This pill should be taken off the market for sure! Whatever they changed is messing with so many woman.”

Nelli · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2021

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have recently started this birth control back in December of 2020. I had come on this website to read reviews on what I was getting myself into. From all these reviews I was honestly expecting the worst. So far I have felt little to no side effects. I have felt great this entire time with the exception of slight nausea that went away with rest. I have felt moody but I am like that with or without medication. I started taking it to regulate my period and so far has helped me out great. I like knowing when I am going to start so I can be prepared, rather than it showing up by surprise. This pill has also caused me to lose weight, which I have been a fan of. I also have grown 2 bra sizes in the short months I have been taking this pill. Overall, my experience with Junel Fe has been a positive one, but who's to say it won't change as I continue on with it. I would like to remind you that everyone's body is different so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.”

Nicole · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2021

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I am 40 years old and was prescribed this medication by my OB. I was hesitant to take this medication after reading these reviews. However, I have not experienced ANY of the side effects listed in the reviews. My periods are no longer heavy, they last only a few days, my breasts are no longer tender or hurt during my cycle, and I no longer have painful periods. The first month I did experience nauseous which almost stopped me from going further. I sipped a coca-cola to calm my stomach and that subsided the side effect. I just finished my third month and I feel great. No weight gain and I am no longer bloated. I hope everyone has the same experience.”

C · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started this pill to stop ovulations and hopefully regulate my PMDD. I was really hesitant because I've had terrible experiences with birth control in the past. Yaz, specifically, put me in a flat out depression for 3 months. I've been on this BC for the last 3 months consistently, minus a week that breakthrough was causing bleeding and cramping that I stopped for 4 days to relieve. My moods are amazing, I haven't felt a single outburst in the last 3 months. My sex drive is incredibly high, and my boyfriend is grateful. I feel like I have me back, and suggested for anyone who's had problems with other birth controls.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on this birth control since November, and so far I have had a good experience. It doesn’t make me emotional at all, and I now have a super light period (but most of the times I don’t even get it). My problem is that I feel like it’s been really hard for me to lose weight since I’ve started on it. I don’t think the birth control has made me gain weight, but I am just a couple pounds heavier than when I started in November. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue on this birth control :)”

oatmilklatte · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2021

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on LoLo for 5 months now and have had an overall pretty positive experience. The only pesky side effect is spotting because of the low amount of estrogen but I found that sticking with it made the spotting eventually stop. I used to spot 5-7 days in the middle of my pack randomly, now I get super slight spotting on the 2 days of placebo that’s about it. I would recommend sticking with it for 3-4 months to see how side effects change before deciding if it’s right for you. Personally I think it’s worth it because I have no other side effects.”

Lainy · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2021

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Only been taking Blisovi fe 1/20 for a week now, but I was really skeptical after reading all the negative reviews. It seems to have improved my mood and my sex drive, and I know that is the opposite of what a lot of other people experienced so I thought I should share. The only negative so far is that I was a little nauseous the first few days of starting the pills. So far so good! Will update if I do have any negative effects down the line ...”

Meredelune · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2021

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. This is my first ever drug review. I was on this pill for only 9 days. This pill gave me severe anxiety and intrusive thoughts that I am still dealing with almost a month after, although they’ve gotten a little better. This was the worst pill I’ve ever taken in my life. I had fatigue, heavy chest, random pains in my body, severe depression , I could not think or form a thought, anxiety and fear. And I developed scary intrusive thoughts I never had before. My libido left and I also experienced dryness I never had before. Only in 9 days! It was awful! Quit this pill and do not take it. Most of the side effects have left but I’m still having the fear and OCD and I’m scared it screwed me up permanently.”

Happy girl June 25, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “AMAZED. I cannot say enough great things about this birth control. Let me start off by saying, I used to be on tri-previfem for 3 years and it was a disaster!! I had MAJOR PMS symptoms, mood swings, crying, extreme anxiety and anger. I would lash out and get so upset for no real reason. I had the heaviest period ever!!! It lasted 7 days. I knew something was wayyyy wrong and decided to make an appointment at my OBGYN. She put me on Lo Loestrin Fe, and I was very HESITANT because switching birth controls can be a pain in the butt. I was so scared it would make me breakout or have even worse symptoms. WELL LET ME TELL YOU. I WAS DEAD WRONG. This stuff works wonders for me!!!! I have zero PMS, and a 1 day period, sometimes I don't have one at all. MY skin is so clear, I have an occasional very very small breakout but I've always had bad skin. I don't feel like I'm on birth control at all. This pill saved me!!!!”

ashleymarie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 7, 2021

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I've been using this birth control since June of 2020 and haven't had a period since. I don't have any complaints with using it and I have no symptoms. I don't get cramps or acne or headaches. It seems to be affecting me just fine.”

Kota · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 5, 2021

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Not sure why there are so many negative reviews, I've had nothing but an easy time with this medication. I've been on it for about 7 years now. Initially I was on another pill but I deal with depression on and off and my period cramps were awful, so my doctor switched me to Junel because it's lower estrogen. My periods last 2-4 days and are relatively light, hardly any cramps, no acne... I've never had an issue. There's speculation that maybe it causes weight gain, but I work out regularly so it's not enough to mention.”

A August 7, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “If your doctor prescribes this to you, tell them you need a different one and DO NOT TAKE IT! This birth control made me so depressed I felt life wasn't worth living. I would cry uncontrollably and for no reason, had anxiety worse than I ever have and it made me psychically sick. I had my son in April 2019, started taking this 6 weeks later. After 4 months of progressively getting worse and worse I finally realized this was causing my debilitating depression. I started calling counselors and psychiatrists because I thought I was going insane. The same exact thing happened to a friend of mine and the same exact way so I really don’t think it’s a coincidence. I read the reviews before I started taking but figured everyone reacts differently to different things. If you’re reading this please don't take it, it can't hurt to just take a different one. I’m filing a complaint with the FDA in hopes it can be removed and hopefully save someone else’s sanity and maybe even possibly their LIFE!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Don’t let the reviews scare you too much! I read through these before starting junel and I was TERRIFIED. However, I’ve been taking it for a few months and so far it’s been pretty good! I am a little bit more emotional, but other than that everything is basically normal. I was also super nervous that my stomach would hurt all the time and I’d gain weight, but I actually lost weight and I feel fine!!”

melanie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I am anemic and would pass out on my period from blood loss. I am quite small and am in shape so it was insane to be losing that much blood every month. I have had no side effects from Lo Lo and I am on my seventh pack right now. My skin has actually improved if anything. No appetite changes and sex drive is still good. Still get my PMS moodiness a day before my first placebo pill but I barely have a period now. I understand that everyone is different and there have been some poor experiences but I would recommend this to anyone struggling with heavy periods and anemia.”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2021

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “DO NOT TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL!!!! I have only been on Junel FE for 4 days and I could feel my anxiety increasing each day but last night I had a full blown anxiety attacked. I couldn’t sleep AT ALL, I threw up, I had the shakes, my chest felt like I was at the top of a roller coaster about to drop down and that feeling wouldn’t go away so I had to call off work today. After googling Junel FE I absolutely cannot believe this is on the market and that it was prescribed to me even while being diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. This medicine drove me crazy.”

Anonymous December 18, 2009

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been taking Loestrin for about 5 months now. And let me tell you... I gained no weight but it certainly reshaped my body. It made my breasts transform from a c 34 to DD 34. And my rear end also had more junk added to the trunk. The boyfriend isn't complaining but also the first month I was a raging lunatic with mood swings from hell. I also spotted like a moron for a couple of months till my body got used to it. Honestly, if you are terrified about gaining weight then Loestrin 24 Fe won't do it. I haven't gained a blessed pound. And if I did it went straight to my butt and my boobs. It will not make you gain. Just make your breasts bigger than the sun...Ha..ha.”

LD · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2021

Aurovela Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “After being on Junel FE 1/20 for forever I had to switch pharmacies. The new pharmacy gave me Aurovela (which is supposed to be an appropriate substitute) without even consulting me. DO NOT let them make this switch on you if you already have issues with anxiety and depression!!!”