User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone to treat Birth Control (Page 5)

Also known as: Junel Fe 1/20, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Blisovi 24 Fe, Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 24, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Briellyn, Mibelas 24 Fe, Larin 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Brevicon, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, femhrt, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Zenchent, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Dasetta 1/35, Alyacen 1/35, Charlotte 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Layolis Fe, Generess Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Pirmella 1/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Norinyl 1+35, Gildess Fe 1/20, Jinteli, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Necon 0.5/35, Estrostep Fe, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 7/7/7, Necon 7/7/7, Aranelle, Microgestin 1/20, Leena, Junel 1.5/30, Zenchent Fe, Junel 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Balziva, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Nylia 1/35, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela 1/20, Tarina 24 Fe, Leribane, Aurovela 1.5/30, Fyavolv, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Kaitlib Fe, Tri-Legest, Gildagia, Tri-Legest Fe Tilia Fe Lomedia 24 Fe Dasetta Dasetta 7/7/7 Philith Hailey 1.5/30 Hailey Fe 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Alyacen 7/7/7 Larin Fe 1.5/30 Gildess 1.5/30 Melodetta 24 Fe Gildess 1/20 Vyfemla Larin 1.5/30 Finzala Larin 1/20 Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I experienced weight gain, water retention and enlarged uterus. However, the acne cleared and I did not experience any mood swings as I have done with other birth controls.”

anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was only on this BC for a month and I had to stop. I was on Natazia for 8-ish years, and after some issues with my period being inconsistent my obgyn suggested to switch. My mood swings were insane. I was happy one second and then insanely mad the next. I would stay mad for days, and the smallest things would irritate me. I’ve been off this BC for a week, and I’m already feeling more like myself. I still get agitated now and then, but I’m also still on my period, so I’m just contributing that to PMS. I didn’t gain weight, but I also didn’t lose weight. I’m on weight control medicine to help me lose weight, and generally I lose around 10 pounds a month, but this month I lost nothing and I honestly contribute that to the BC. This pill is making me strongly considering getting off of BC for good or to go back to Natazia and deal with inconsistent periods. I do NOT recommend.”

Anonymous June 3, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “First month on Lo Lo was great, bad side effects started hitting month 2. Depression, not wanting to leave bed in the morning tiredness, no motivation in the mornings, blood clots in my veins, zero appetite. It really helped with other things but overall the side effects were more .. had to stop it and I went back to feeling normal the next day of quitting”

Mars Jazz · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 3, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on this birth control for a year now. My skin is clear and I haven’t had a pregnancy. Because of this I have been pretty happy with it until I realized I gained 25 lbs. For perspective, I started at 115 so 25 lbs is a huge gain for me. I started researching side effects of this birth control and I realized that this is likely the cause of other issues in my life. My sex drive has been at an all time low. I don’t want to give or receive oral, sex feels like a chore, and I’m not even turned on by the thought of it anymore. Additionally, my breasts are constantly sore. Lastly, I had to get prescribed an anxiety medication a few months ago. I have always had anxiety but I have been able to keep it under control until recently. If I was cognizant of these symptoms a while back I would’ve stopped. I’m so discouraged that this birth control could’ve disrupted my relationship and my self esteem.”

Tyty June 1, 2020

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Worst pill ever. Taken it for the past 5 months- causes weight gain and depression, but the worst thing is that I am bleeding CONSTANTLY. I will literally bleed 22 days of the month and spot for another 6. I'm about ready to tear my uterus out.”

Steph June 1, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was extremely skeptical to start taking birth control. I have struggled with pretty severe anxiety, depression, mood swings, and suicidal tendencies for a long time. After reading many negative reviews of a variety of brands, I was very reluctant to try it. I've been taking Blisovi 24 Fe for a month now and I am shocked by the results. I am the happiest and most even-tempered I have been in a very long time! I no longer have moods swings, I have not had any suicidal thoughts, and my depression and anxiety have slowly faded away. I have been prescribed actual anti-depression/anxiety meds in the past which only made me worse, so I am so shocked that this pill actually helped me! I don't think there's any telling how you will react to the pill or a certain brand of it until you try it. But if you are scared to, don't be! I'm so happy I decided to push past my fears and give it a try! Worst comes to worst, you can just stop taking it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 1, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This Blisovi Fe 1/20 pill was awful for me. I always took Microgestin but CVS switched me to this because it’s what they keep in stock. I assumed that since it’s a generic for the same birth control as Microgestin that everything would be fine. It took me a few months to realize it, but the switch to Blisovi was the cause for my awful hormonal acne breakouts and yeast infections! I had NEVER experienced a yeast infection before, but I had three within the 6 months I was on this pill. When I spoke to my doctor she told me that generics for name brand pills all have the same “active“ ingredients, but they have different “inactive” ingredients which explains why it affected me. Needless to say I switched back to Microgestin and it’s worth the headache of arguing with CVS to get it.”

Sally · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 27, 2020

Necon 0.5/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This BC changed my life and not for the better. No weight gain, but the mood swings are AWFUL. I’m a big empath, so I’ve always cried easily, but never like this. I’m talking tears in 2.5 seconds over the littlest things. I also think my PMS has worsened severely. The first three months put my skin through absolute hell and I’ve never been one for breakouts. I started this because I was having menstrual migraines on my previous pill that I had taken for 5+ years. My doctor suggested switching it up. I’ve now been on this for 9 months, and I’m prepared to switch when these last 3 months are up. If you are an emotional person, it is no not worth it! I’m also on no other medications.”

Dotty · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I took blisovi for 1 week and stopped. This drug effected me very badly. Symptoms: 1. Pulse hear in ears 2. Swollen feet 2. Eyes developed a clear fluid blister over the pupil and I had a headache behind them. 3. Tongue mildly puffy and developed tooth grooves in the edges. 4. Felt like I was punched in the Adams apple and my voice became hoarse. 5. I cried for absolutely no reason 6. I wanted to dump my fiance of 4 years because suddenly I thought he was useless. I also wanted to get rid of my friends... it changed my perception of people and increased anxiety and overthinking 7. I also had weird interactive nightmares if I was even able to fall asleep. After stopping this I went back to normal and life was good again. Thankfully my friends and fiance are still in my life and I feel better.”

KD123 · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “After a long time of being off birth control, I decided it was time to go back on in an effort to help my Endometriosis which had become 20 times worse since having my baby. I was drawn to Lo Lo due to it being an ultra low dose pill with the lowest estrogen on the market. I only made it a month before I had to stop. It made me exhausted all day long even when I switched to taking at night to try and counteract that. It gave me weird leg cramps but worse than that, it also gave me horrible anxiety and panic attacks. I went from never struggling with panic attacks to calling an ambulance on myself in the grocery store because I literally couldn’t breathe. It was embarrassing and awful. I had to stop that day. As soon as I did, no more panic attacks. Everyone is different and everyone will react to differently to this pill. It just didn’t work for me. Currently trialing another pill with a different progestin in it”

Raya · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 23, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’m a healthy 21 year old NON SMOKING female, After being on Junel Fe going on 2 years I developed super intense migraines non stop for a month, eventually it led to me not being able to keep food or liquid down for 3 days straight. When I had went to the hospital I was in critical condition and they ran a MRI; they notice I had a very large blood clot in my brain and a minimal stroke. I was on no other medications other than birth control. The professionals knew that I indeed had this blood clot thanks to my birth control Junel FE 1/20 . A year later I am happy to say with the help of Coumadin (Blood thinner medication) my clot is now gone. Always ask the risks of taking these medications and please do your research. Three positive things I can say about the medication was the fact my cramps weren’t terrible, my period was shortened and It was always on time.”

beejay · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I absolutely hate this medication. They gave it to me because my Junel Fe was on backorder. Horrible mood swings, zero sex drive whatsoever, symptoms of depression, breakthrough bleeding, and lack of interest within things I previously loved. I didn't use this for the purpose of preventing pregnancy, but it didn't even work for the things I needed it for. Everyone is different, but I have never experienced such dark emotions in my life, and this was a horrible experience.”

Olive7 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started Nortrel about three months ago and have gained 30 pounds, completely lost my appetite, and also restart my period the second I stop taking my pills and the exact same time. I was on Marlissa before this and while it gave me more anxiety it was nowhere as bad as Nortrel.”

AR · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2020

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “The worst pill ever , I been having period with heavy flow twice a month.”

Melania May 14, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I just started my third month of Junel Fe 1/20. The first month I was very nauseous, especially at night, even though my doctor told me to take it at night to avoid nausea. I still experience the nausea, but not as often as I did the first month and I avoid eating gooey, creamy things in the evening around the time I take my pill, which I notice does help a lot. However, if it’s really bothering me, a dose of pepto bismol usually does the trick. I feel that my skin is breaking out more often than normal.. not badly, but I definitely notice it. Usually I only get 1 or two small pimples around my period but now I get 4 each month, especially around my chin. My periods are definitely lighter and only last about 4-5 days but I’m still experiencing cramping. I didn’t notice any mood swings or weight gain.. I actually feel sexier these past couple of weeks. Sex drive is the same, energy levels are the same.”

Sjahds May 14, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Now what I wasn’t expecting is the AMAZING things it did to my FACE FEATURES!!!! I have had a weird face elongation the last year and a half and I was like yeah I guess it’s a part of growing a little old ( I’m 25 y/o) but still was annoyed of what my face looked like, after starting this pill I have noticed my face bones were shifting back in and up and thought maybe It’s all in my mind, but then I would take close-up selfies with no makeup or anything and compare them to other selfies I took couple days ago and the difference is SHOCKING !!! I have always had a pretty round feminine face which I thought I was never getting back after that whole year and a half of weird elongation !! I’m not a doctor but I think this pill regulated my hormones or added estrogen or something to my body but whatever it is... I can finally say I got my 22 y/o face back and really can’t stop looking in the mirror, feels like I had a surgery or something lol”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 12, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on Junel for over a year now. It’s the first and only birth control I’ve ever been on, it’s not horrible but it isn’t amazing either. It made me gain weight by cause my appetite to go insane, making me binge eat every single day and never get full, just stuffing my face 24/7 while eating “like a bird” my entire life. It absolutely tanked my sex drive. TMI- before starting birth control, my bf and I were being intimate 3x a day almost every day. A year after being on junel, I don’t want to have sex at all. I barely even like being touched sexually, my sex drive is completely gone and it really sucks. I will be asking about switching from junel asap, hopefully a different pill will give me back my sex drive? besides the negative side effects, I’m not pregnant, so that’s good.”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “First few months, it was great. No mood swings, periods alright. But after the third month, I now have mood swings so horrible I have a difficult time controlling my emotional state. Crying, angry, anxious, depressed. For no reason at all. I’ll cry at nothing! Get stressed over nothing. Anxiety is so bad, I can’t even enjoy life anymore. I’ve also had a rash all over my body, and my face has acne since I started this too! Ive never had bad acne. I’m getting away from this right away. It’s downright dangerous and scary. Would not recommend.”

Nims May 8, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Bad headache, nausea, vomiting. It was my first birth control and I hate it”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I took Lo Lo for two months. The first month wasn’t bad- I experienced mild breast tenderness and a bit of fatigue. The second month was bad. I was highly irritable with everyone and everything and became depressed. It was hard for me to get out of bed in the morning and I had ZERO energy. I couldn’t even get through a work out. My appetite was off the charts, and particularly a craving for junk food. I felt very bloated and overall puffy. I am very sad this pill didn’t work out, it was nice not having a period at all- but that was the only up side.”

19 yr old · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I've gained twenty lbs in 5 months while taking this pill. None of my friends have gained as much weight as I have but I did notice they did gain a lil bit of weight. Everyone's body is the same but after 5 months of being on this pill I am getting off of it because of the weight gain.”

Just to let you know:) · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2020

Nortrel 0.5/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “When I first started this pill I was spotting for a good month I would say which is to be expected because my body was getting used to it. Mind you, I started this when I was 13. This birth control really helped my acne a lot and I was someone that used to be very acne prone. Over the past two years of taking the pill my skin got better but it also got a little bit drier. I also noticed that my weight went from 145-170 over the past 2 years which I feel like was for the birth control. This also made me very emotional!”

mariam · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 6, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Honestly Junel FE 1.5/30 is the best birth control I've ever had! No side effects. I’ve been taking this bc for about 4 years now and it’s great! My boyfriend always finishes in me and I am not pregnant! Haha I love it ! Before Junel 1.5/30 I had Microgestin 1.5/30 and it was horrible! I would get horrible pimples and I would get mood swings and I was miserable! I would just be so sad with these pills I hated them! Switching to Junel was the best thing ever! I have not taken any other birth control because I love this one so much !”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was on Junel FE 1/20 for the 3 month adjustment period. Once I finished the 3rd pack I decided not to continue because every 3 weeks I was getting yeast infections. In total I had 4 infections during the 3 month period. As for my acne, it got worse the first 2 months and then better. Skin was really dry though. Sex drive decreased. Didn’t gain any weight though which was nice and my emotions were very stable even with my history of anxiety and depression.”

AliiiciaaR · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 5, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “wishing I would have read reviews on Junel Fe 1.5/30 before taking this pill. I've been taking it for about 1 year+ and I didn't really notice it until my boyfriend pointed out that I've become more angry, upset, I cry more often, constant headaches I'm just super moody and I've gained some weight. The ONLY thing I like about it is that I don't have any periods which is lovely but not with all the side effects. I'm definitely switching to another birth control or just getting off it completely”