User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Aurovela 1.5/30, Aurovela 1/20, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Fyavolv, Generess Fe, Genora 0.5/35, Genora 1/35, Gildagia, Gildess 1.5/30, Gildess 1/20, Gildess 24 Fe, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Gildess Fe 1/20, Jenest, Jevantique, Jevantique Lo, Jinteli, Junel 1.5/30, Junel 1/20, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 1/20, Junel Fe 24, Kaitlib Fe, Larin 1.5/30, Larin 1/20, Larin 24 Fe, Larin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Layolis Fe, Leena, Leribane, Lo Loestrin Fe, Lo Minastrin Fe, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lomedia 24 Fe, Melodetta 24 Fe, Mibelas 24 Fe, Microgestin 1.5/30, Microgestin 1/20, Microgestin 24 Fe, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Modicon, Necon 0.5/35, Necon 1/35, Necon 10/11, Necon 7/7/7, Nelova 0.5/35, Nelova 1/35, Nelova 10/11, Nexesta Fe, Norethin 1/35 E, Norinyl 1+35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 7/7/7, Nylia 1/35, Nylia 7/7/7, Ortho-Novum 1/35, Ortho-Novum 10/11, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Ovcon 35, Ovcon 35 Fe, Ovcon 50, Philith, Pirmella 1/35, Pirmella 7/7/7, Tarina Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Tilia Fe, Tri-Legest, Tri-Legest Fe, Tri-Norinyl, Vyfemla, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Zenchent, Zenchent Fe, Zeosa …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms

Gonadotropin Inhibition

1 review 79 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 5.3 3,806 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have tried every form of birth control, with the exception of an IUD, and I find this pill to be the most successful one by far. It took my body just two months to properly adjust to the timing of the active pills. I've been on this now going on 5 months and I couldn't be happier. My period lasts between 2-4 days, my cramps are very light, I do not get any negative side effects like some people have mentioned, I get less acne during my ovulation period and my headaches have gone away. My bf and I have unprotected sex around 3 times a day and so far so good! I can't say that everyone will benefit the same as I have, but if there were a BC that I could recommend to anyone, it would be this one."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This was the first birth control I was ever on. The first 4 months on it were fine. My sex drive was normal, my moods were normal, then it all changed. I noticed I start to become depressed. I had emotional outbursts, I was moody all the time. Not to mention my sex drive became nonexistent, and I was so dry down there it was too painful to enjoy intercourse. I felt like a completely different person, and not in a good way. In July I went off the pill and stuck to condoms. I'm starting a new brand called 'Lutera' and hoping it's better than microgestrin fe 1/20 was. Pros: No pregnancy scares. Periods were on time. Cons: depression. Anxiety. Mood swings."

HelloMay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm halfway into my second month. I've been on my period for more than 2 weeks. My acne is horrible now. Worse than ever. I hate this pill. It does keep me from getting pregnant, but that's not what I wanted completely. I have endometriosis and acne prone skin. My gyno told me it'd help, but it totally hasn't. Can't wait to get something different."

Matty P (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Although this birth control prevented me from getting pregnant, it also significantly decreased my sex drive, to the point where I’d ask myself, “what’s the point of being on birth control if I never want to have sex with my boyfriend anyway?” That isn’t the worst part though. I’ve been on this pill for a little over a year and I’ve never felt more tired and depressed. I feel empty and lifeless, and I don’t have any interest in the things I used to love. I didn’t experience much weight gain, maybe a slight increase in appetite, minimal anxiety. My skin is definitely better, but nothing to write home about. I’m stopping this birth control today, and I’m hopeful I’ll start feeling like myself again."

Nicknamealreadyinuse November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My ob prescribed me this BC I just had gives birth two months ago and it was ok for the first week and a half and then I noticed I was gaining weight craving different foods then I started having headaches that got progressively worse turning into migraines ..then I started bleeding my period wasn't even suppose to start yet and I'm still bleeding very heavily super tampons barely work I don't not recommend this BC ..although everyones body is different"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took Loestrin and then Minastrin for years. I was off the pill for a couple of years and then wanted to get back on. My doctor prescribed Mibelas. I started taking the first pack on the first day of my period, and then my period lasted for 11 days. I stuck it out for 4 months. I've never had any spotting on or off the pill and with Mibelas I was spotting for at least a week every month in the middle of the pack, and then I'd still get my period. It killed my sex drive and gave me headaches. The only benefit is it gave me slightly clearer skin and kept me from getting pregnant. Worst birth control I've ever taken."

Mibe-blahs (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The cons definitely beat the pros in this case! The only two benefits I had from taking this birth control, which I took for about a year, was clear skin and no period at all. The cons literally made my life a living hell; I started to lose all my hair (a year later and my hair finally looks kind of normal again), I lost my sex drive, I was super prone to UTI's which in turn caused a bladder condition called IC, I gained weight, and the list could go on. It's been a year since I stopped taking birth control and I feel like a new and healthier person."

EliseSack November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is only my second week on this pill and even though I’m not sure how it works with periods it has done wonders for my skin . Any acne I used to have is completely clearing out and no new ones are popping back up. On top of that I haven’t gained any weight and if anything I have almost gone up a whole cup size ."

Anon628277292 November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I haven't taken birth control for over 5 years, but my OBGYN recommended for some medical issues. I have gained a significant amount of weight and SOOO irritable. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but it just dawned on me it could be my BC since I've taken for a few months now. I would not recommend and would talk to your doc for other suggestions."

Amynae November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Since I started this pill I've experienced; Seriously insane jump and change in my eating habits. Lack of motivation to to do anything physical that I previously enjoyed. And the worst symptom I've had has been the change in my mood. I have said and done some pretty horrible things that were unlike me. I felt extreme sadness and hopelessness. So bad that even others noticed these changes in me and it wasn't good. I was prescribed this medication to help with excessive bleeding and cysts, however it no longer feels worth continuing this specific med."

Ellie V November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control is terrible!!! It was a little weird when I first got on it considering I bless so much and when it came around to my brown pills I wouldn’t. But after about three months I stopped bleeding completely. Spotting maybe once a month and very very light, not enough to even use a tampon. Crazy mood swings, messed with my appetite, and my body just didn’t feel right. Taking this birth control has helped me with the one things it’s suppose to and that’s not getting pregnant. Everything else it has done has been crazy... don’t recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I just wanted to share my experience with this BC. I had never taken any kind of BC before and wanted to try birth control badly to lighten my periods (they are really heavy and irregular - always late, different durations etc) because of my constant feelings of stress/anxiety. I also wanted something to help with the hormonal acne and breakouts I get around this time. (yay..) So the Gynecologist prescribed this to me and got me all excited saying it will shorten my period and in 6 months of taking it it will make my period go away and she also said my skin would clear up too. Well, I took it for 3.5 weeks hoping for things to get better but instead, I had TWO weeks of everyday extreme cramps (horrible and hurt really bad) and spotting"

AnonymousBabe November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Worked fine the first five months of taking it. Around month six, I started getting horrible heavy, crampy, clotty breakthrough bleeding with cramps that were up there in terms of the worst I've ever experienced. It started giving me horrible migraines that made me unable to function. However, it did do it's job as a contraceptive. I never got pregnant the six months I was taking it, so three stars for it!"

estherdoll November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Horrible horrible mental side effects, dizziness and nausea, abdominal pain, HORRIBLE migraines to the point of going to ER for pain control. Lets go back to the mental side effects: made me a completely different person. I was mean to everybody. My family actually told me to leave the house to give them a break from my irritability. Deep depression, and I'm on meds for that already; so not a good med for me. I stuck it out for 2 months and decided to stop it when my husband actually hid the pills from me."

Mental nightmare (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "CVS and my insurance switched me from brand name minsatrin to generic mibelas. I had beautiful skin and never had an acne problem until I went on mibelas. About a month after starting mibelas I developed cystic acne that was not only painful but has left significant scarring on the sides of my face at 24 years old. Immediately after stopping it, the acne stopped. My gynecologist got me off that god awful brand and told me that though the pharmacist and insurance will claim that generic and brand name are the same, they are not. Thanks a lot for ruining my face mibelas. While the nominal out of pocket cost was $0, I have spent hundreds to get rid of these cysts on the side of my face."

Acne scars November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "these gave me cancer"

bob saget 3 November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is the only birth control I've ever been on so I don't have a point of comparison, but I don't think it's helpful at all. I started it because I was having periods every two weeks for about 2 months. I'm in my third month of taking it and not only do I still randomly get my period in the middle of the month, but if I am so much as 5 minutes early or late taking the pill in the morning I'll get my period again. I already had depression and it made it so much worse than it already was that I had to go back into therapy. Acne is no better or worse. I guess the only thing it did right was that it sort of made my cramps better? And then not to mention the fact that even after insurance it's still $50, which I can't afford every month."

KatyK412 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Junel FE 1/20 for almost 3 years mainly to treat my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and for birth control. I took it consistently and I never got pregnant during this time and my cysts did get smaller. I also noticed that I gradually got less acne to the point where I only have 1 or 2 breakouts per month now (but I had acne before I even started the pill). My breasts grew 1 cup bigger for the first 2 years. However, after the 1st year, I noticed that my periods became very light and I would miss my periods for consecutive months. I noticed that my breasts went back to its original size during the third year. Also, I lost my sex drive in the third year due to dryness in my vagina, so I decided to switch."

Emmy813 November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this for over 2 years now. Since taking it, I have had less frequent, lighter periods. Yes, there was an adjustment period of about 2-3 months where I was more sensitive/emotional. I don't want anyone to get discouraged by this as most birth controls take about a full year for your body to get used to. HOWEVER, if it is severe and affecting your every day functioning, then yes, by all means try a different birth control. But adjustments and side effects are normal; you are putting hormones into your body. Anyway, this birth control has served it's purpose as my boyfriend and I do not use condoms: we use a combination birth control method of oral contraceptives on my part and "the pull out method" on his part."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Taytulla for about 2 weeks. I had Nexplanon, which I loved but caused ovarian cysts so I had to get it removed. Since getting nexplanon removed, I haven't had a period, so they put me on taytulla to try and get my body back into the rhythm of things. Ever since taking this BC I have had headaches, extreme nausea, double vision, depression, anxiety, terrible cramps, and I got a yeast infection, which turned to a bacterial infection, I am breaking out like crazy. I called my OB today see if they couldn't send in another birth control to my pharmacy, they told me basically to suck it up and after 3 MONTHS the side effects would diminish, needless to say I quit taking 2 days ago and still have side effects, please take w/ caution!!"

TakeWithCaution!!!! November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this pill after I had my daughter. The only thing it was good for was preventing pregnancy and little to no cycle. I had NO SEX DRIVE, I was moody, always crying, gained weight, depressed, etc. Literally a week after I got off I felt like a new normal person again and I've dropped the weight. I won't be taking again. Almost ruined my relationship"

OMK November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have had just a horrible experience with this birth control. I’m 18 and I had started to become sexually active so I thought I would give it a go. Honestly I have been very hormonal and gaining weight in my stomach :-( just terrible"

Camaryn November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've always been one for depo but my doctor advised me to try lolo, I agreed. The first months worth I didn't like and questioned a lot of things. Seemed like I had a never ending period, all over the place and lasted for days. My breast were really tender, felt very nauseated to the point of almost vomiting, pelvic cramps, mild mood swings, UTI, discharge. When I went on antibiotics for the UTI I was told the pill will be less effective, my doctor never considered my age (32) as a factor which puts me at more of a risk. I am losing weight I can not maintain. I. Not happy with this product, not enough testing and I'm going back to depo."

Newbielolo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Most people leave reviews only if something is bad, so I figured I'd come to leave a positive review so less people are scared to try this birth control. I have only had positive experiences with this BC. I never had bad cramps or long periods before I took the pill, and this pill has kept it that way. I haven't gained weight, I haven't gotten more acne, and my mood hasn't changed. This pill works great for me."

Allycat4710 November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control: "I'm 19 yrs old. I was on this medication just as a birth control method not for acne. I've had mild acne since I was 10 but never anything too serious. I would get a bump on my chin around my period/ovulation and when I was really stressed out I'd break out on my forehead. Within 3 weeks of taking this pill my chin broke out in clusters of HUGE painful cysts I've NEVER experienced before. After a month and a half with no improvement I called my obgyn she said to wait 3 months for my body to adjust. My skin continued to get worse. The cysts moved to my cheeks and forehead. After 3 months I got off of it. It's been 8 months since I stopped and I'm still breaking out terribly. Just want my skin back."

ashleeleight November 8, 2017