User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Aurovela 1.5/30, Aurovela 1/20, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Fyavolv, Generess Fe, Genora 0.5/35, Genora 1/35, Gildagia, Gildess 1.5/30, Gildess 1/20, Gildess 24 Fe, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Gildess Fe 1/20, Hailey 1.5/30, Hailey 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1.5/30, Hailey Fe 1/20, Jenest, Jevantique, Jevantique Lo, Jinteli, Junel 1.5/30, Junel 1/20, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 1/20, Junel Fe 24, Kaitlib Fe, Larin 1.5/30, Larin 1/20, Larin 24 Fe, Larin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Layolis Fe, Leena, Leribane, Lo Loestrin Fe, Lo Minastrin Fe, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lomedia 24 Fe, Melodetta 24 Fe, Mibelas 24 Fe, Microgestin 1.5/30, Microgestin 1/20, Microgestin 24 Fe, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Modicon, Necon 0.5/35, Necon 1/35, Necon 10/11, Necon 7/7/7, Nelova 0.5/35, Nelova 1/35, Nelova 10/11, Nexesta Fe, Norethin 1/35 E, Norinyl 1+35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 7/7/7, Nylia 1/35, Nylia 7/7/7, Ortho-Novum 1/35, Ortho-Novum 10/11, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Ovcon 35, Ovcon 35 Fe, Ovcon 50, Philith, Pirmella 1/35, Pirmella 7/7/7, Tarina Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Tilia Fe, Tri-Legest, Tri-Legest Fe, Tri-Norinyl, Vyfemla, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Zenchent, Zenchent Fe, Zeosa …show all brand names

Postmenopausal Symptoms

Gonadotropin Inhibition

1 review 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 5.5 4,577 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on LoLo for 4 miserable months! During those 4 months I spotted and or bled heavily for 3 weeks out of the month, stopped bleeding only while on the first week of the pack. I was also severely depressed and had 3 horrible panic attacks, one was so bad I was take to the ER. My anxiety while on LoLo got to a point where simple everyday tasks like going to the grocery or taking my kids out was impossible for me. I felt lightheaded/dizzy and fatigued on a daily basis. After numerous visits and phone calls to my OBGYN she finally took me off this pill and my mood has changed dramatically I now feel I’m back to my normal self. LoLo was a nightmare for me!"

Brit (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was switched to this medication because every year I tend to "outgrow" a medication and get non-stop periods. But this one was by far the worst out of the 10 I've ever been on over the past 10 years. I got acne so severe that I had to go on Accutane and at age 28, that's really embarrassing and my face is still covered in scars. I never had acne before this medication. Also, the cramping all month never went away, constant spotting, etc. Mood swings, bloating, crazy weight gain. And anxiety and migraines like you couldn't believe. I wouldn't give this medication to my worst enemy."

Bree (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Not horrible- first 3 week of taking it experienced pretty awful mood swings and borderline depression for a week. However, by the 4th week this all cleared up and I felt back to normal! No acne, no weight gain, nothing from there on :)"

Lin (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control made me gain about 15 lbs, gave me horrible cystic acne, and oily hair in the six month span I was taking it. Before I realized the pill was causing this I considered Accutane, that’s how bad the acne was. It did prevent pregnancy so that’s why I’m giving it two stars. Two weeks after I stopped taking it my skin, hair, and body started to return to normal. Though I’m left with a face covered in scars and acne marks."

Illa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2018

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control messed with my mood very severely. I had mood swings, sank into a deep depression about 3 months into me taking the pill, and my anxiety skyrocketed. As a person who already deals with anxiety this medicine did not help. I also had very irregular periods, and sometimes it wouldn’t come for a month or two at a time which was pretty concerning when sexually active. I’ve had bad headaches and cramps throughout the time I’ve been on this pill, which is about 9 months, but otherwise it worked just fine. However, I’m definitely going to get switched off of it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Not sure it it helped with endometriosis symptoms but I can say this. I had used it for at least 4 months I have noticed my thyroid problems has improved fairly well; on the other hand, I'm super moody and depressed ( which has decreased some over the month, but still a problem). 2nd I'm super regular person with my periods and my period has gone away already twice and still gives me some PMS symptoms which sucks bc they actually last for weeks on and off."

Mikha (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "DON’T DO IT. I read the reviews here and I thought well everybody is different so I started taking it. I started spotting a week into it and cramping. Not only that but I went CRAZY. I was mad all the time, for no reason and I would snap for everything. I started randomly getting sad to the point that I was depressed. I wasn’t myself. Don’t do it. Don’t be like me a month later regretting not listening to these reviews."

TH (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Alright, so I've been taking this for a month, and I was stoked about it first because I love taking birth control, until going on 3 weeks later and I am still on my period, I've had really bad constant mood swings, high anxiety and extremely high depression. I thought that it was normal me being me, and I thought that the period was just all me. I was trying to keep all negative thoughts out of my head because before I started taking this, I was fine. No anxiety, no depression, 6 day long periods, and my anger was controlled. I read the reviews, and now I know what all of this is from so I thank everyone for the reviews! I am quitting this immediately and switching to a different one"

Not important (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Unfortunately did not have a good experience with this pill. Was given a prescription for this after being off of hormonal birth control for 10 years due to getting emotional side effects (I had previously tried 3 different brands), I wanted to see if I could find something that might work for me. After only 2 weeks I was severely depressed and started having such severe panic attacks (which I'm not prone to) that I had to be put on medical leave from work. In addition I had extreme fatigue, brain fog, and heavy breakthrough bleeding that lasted 2.5 weeks. I stopped taking it at the end of the first pack and within a couple weeks I felt normal again. Obviously everyone's body is different, but I don't think I would recommend this brand to anyone who may have had depression/anxiety on other hormonal birth control, I'm not sure that this one actually lessens these side effects as it claims to."

L_A_K September 13, 2018

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The first year I was on this was fine. I had no period, no weight gain. My acne didn't clear up, but didn't get worse either. However, the second year, my mood swings and depression and anxiety went off the charts. I've cried like I've never cried before, there's been days I was ready to just crawl into a hole and never come out, I would get really irritated with my significant other and friends- over nothing. Upon some research and talking to friends, this isn't out of the ordinary. I'm switching off of it this cycle, and hoping that something else works better for me."

Kty (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on taytulla for more than 6 month and it has been the worst experience of my life. I've had constant migraines, no sex drive, my anxiety and depression has been through the roof, my period is non existent which I don't think is normal or healthy. I've been so nauseaous and so moody it's crazy. I DO NOT recommend this pill to anyone. Stay far away from it as possible. I am hoping to look for another pill or maybe an IUD."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on a different birth control for 2 years but decided to stop because I wanted to stop my period. I have been on taytulla for only a week and have never in my life experienced this kind of depression. My anxiety is also through the roof and I’ve been very nauseous. I have no energy to do anything and fell behind on my work drastically. Wanted to wait this out but it’s ruining relationships around me and overall not worth it. This has affected me mentally so horribly I’m taking immediate action to get off of it. I would not recommend"

Soccergirl101 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "In the last 3 months while taking this pill, I have gained weight (my mom keeps asking me why I look pregnant...I'm also 21 years old), my acne came back after years of clear skin, my depression and anxiety exploded out of nowhere (my therapist hasn't seen me in months because I was doing so well), I am overly emotional and cry for hours over nothing (and my Dr wanted me to go on this pill to reduce this, whoops), and the comments on this page make so much sense to why this is happening to me. It sounds like half of the people on this pill do really well or REALLY badly. When I told my doctor about my mood swings she told me to try another pill which gave me an allergic reaction and, even after the steroid shot, I'm still in a constant wave of slight discomfort. It might be from this pill, not too sure. I am getting off this pill at the end of my cycle and I'll either try something new or not go on at all because I am sick of this constant battle with myself."

Krys September 11, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "At 18 I went on birth control to help with menstrual cramp that would cause me to miss school they’d get to bad. I was on microgestin for TEN YEARS and never had a problem. Last year after switching PCPs I was put in to Junel Fe. I experience major mood swing, random emotional outbursts, lost my motivation to do pretty much anything active, and devloped anxiety.. the problems didn’t stop there. This past July I was admitted to the hospital with a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung) that almost killed me. All from switching to Junel Fe."

Samantha (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2018

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have a very mild case of PCOS so my gyno was practically begging me to begin a birth control. That being said, I have always had very negative experiences with birth control pills and hadn’t used one in years because of that. But I thought, maybe my body has changed. STICK WITH YOUR INSTINCTS PEOPLE! I Immediately began the consistent spotting, cramping, had painful gas and bloating and my breasts were so swollen they felt like I was breastfeeding. The acne began around week 3 what seemed completely out of nowhere and I was covered in it. I didn’t suffer insomnia but the moodiness and sensitivity definitely increased as well a vaginal dryness (I am 23 and NEVER had that problem before). After the acne began I couldn’t take it anymore, it didn’t seem worth it to put my body through it. I stopped taking the pill almost through an entire pack, and I woke up in the middle of the night after 2 days of stopping it, bleeding so much. What is this pill?!?!"

mariebri September 11, 2018

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Doctor switched me to Junel Fe after being on Taytulla for months. I don’t have many good things to say about Junel Fe. My face is worse than it has ever been. It made my hair dry and it has started to fall out. And I have had terrible cramping from the beginning."

Bonnie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on LoLoestrin for 3 years and finally discontinued it in June 2018. The entire time I was on it I noticed a lot of mood swings and anxiety but didn’t really much of it for the first 2 years. Then within the last year it started to get worse and worse, I was crying all of the time, constantly sad and arguing with my husband a lot! I had turned into someone that I was not and I started thinking about what could be causing this!? I decided to stop the pills and I’m starting to feel like myself again! The mood swings and sadness gradually stopped! I know these pills effect everyone differently but unfortunately this one was not the one for me. I’m trying an IUD next so we will see how that goes!"

Jordan (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 11, 2018

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So I've been on this birth control for about 10 months. Everything was totally fine, I had shorter and less painful periods, no mood swings (actually less mood swings than before), no weight gain. I used this to treat PCOs. The only complaint was an upset stomach almost all the time which was preferable to all the PCOs symptoms. But recently I've noticed that this medicine causes me to get lots of lumps in my breasts. I found one just yesterday thats not like the rest: its bigger and in a location I've never had any texture in before and its not mirrored in the other breast. I have some breast cancer in my family so now I am a constant nervous wreck about getting breast cancer. I'm probably going to stop taking these pills soon once I talk to my doctor."

Kenna (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2018

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is the best BC for me. I have zero side effects I love it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"

M September 7, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on microgestin and one day went to Walgreens and gave me this and told me it was the same thing. It definitely was NOT. On microgestin I had 0 problems at all but since taking Junel fe my skin has become worse than it was in middle school and gave me painful cystic acne all over my face that will not go a away. I’ve been taking this for 4-5 months though and planning to switch. Only pro is that I didn’t get pregnant."

not a fan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I’m on my third month of Loestrin and so far I can’t complain much. It’s definitely improved my acne. I still get a few breakouts right before my period starts but this is still a dramatic improvement from the pizza face I was dealing with before starting this pill. I’m also still spotting the week before my period but it seems to be going away slowly. Other than that, no mood swings, my weight is still the same, and periods are lighter and shorter with minimal cramping. If things keep going the way they are, I’ll probably stick to this birth control."

Ellie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Lo Loesterin for 7 months. It did make my periods super light and they would only last a day. In August I did not get a period which I don't like. This birth control gave me horrible acne. I usually only break out right before my period but my acne was all the time and it was cystic acne at that. I didn't really have any cramps at all. I am now on month 7 and I'm experiencing break through bleeding which is a little heavier than normal. My GYN is changing me to Junel since this may not be enough hormones for me. This birth control was okay. I just can't deal with the acne and my face was oily all of the time! Not to mention I think it was causing my hair to shed more than normal. I can't wait to switch. Every one is different though so keep hanging in there!"

JessCuhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This was my first time being on birth control, I started in late May. This birth control is literally giving me acne. Before I had pretty “good” skin, I only broke out during my period and now it’s acne 24/7. I have heard your skin gets worse before it gets better but I’ve been on it for like 4 months I feel like my body has adjusted. I also get more headaches but the one pro (other than preventing pregnancy) is that my period is lighter and less cramps but I don’t know if it’s worth this additional acne. I’m gonna try another birth control and hopefully not ruin my body."

Alison September 6, 2018

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on this pill for about maybe 5 months. I used to take microgestin which made me extremely tired all the time. When I started Junel I noticed immediate appetite increase, and I’ve gained a lot of weight. Also, I almost never get acne and this makes me break out constantly. I don’t feel depressed or tired like I used to but I want to switch due to weight gain and acne, this pill does nothing for my cramps either, still the same pain as before. I don’t recommend this pill."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking Blisovi fe 1/20 for just about 3 weeks now and I have been bleeding not spotting but bleeding some days heavy some not so heavy. So since the second week, so about 2 weeks now I've been bleeding. I haven't had any side effects really other then being a little moody and I think that's because of this annoying bleeding, I know it takes your body time to adjust to birth control but I've been on BC before and I've never gone through this. I've read all the reviews on this birth control and I haven't seen or read one good thing. I'm stopping this birth control and requesting something different."

Girl September 6, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...