User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, ...show all 100 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 7 reviews 202 medications

3.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 3307 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking Minastrin for years. I have never experienced any side effects that I'm aware of, my periods are very regular, and my cramps are much lighter."

LC321 April 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Long before I took this I was really moody I did not like to be around anyone but now since I am taking this I am calm and I don't eat as much as I used to but the thing is I am not able to focus in school and I am failing most of my classes and it's really weird but I like the pill its a whole lot better than the other birth control pills and patches that I have taken."

Mishkah (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ovcon 35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Pros: Have NOT gotten pregnant; clear skin; easy to take. Cons: ALWAYS tired; decreased sex drive; EXTREMELY moody; period last 10 days."

NOT pleased April 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I do not recommend this birth control! I've been taking it for almost 3 weeks and my body feels completely different. This pill made me very nauseous, bloated, moody and tired. It also made my periods closer together and my cramps more painful. Definitely going off of it."

Wattgirl (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Took this almost 2 yrs ago after my 3rd laporoscopy due to endometriosis. It was AMAZING. Didn't have a single side effect from it. Took away all my cramps. The only reason I stopped taking it before was my insurance no longer covered it and I could not afford the copay. Started taking it again a little over a month ago. Now my breasts are HUGE and are always tender. And I've been getting cramps up to 2 weeks ahead of my period! Even with the endometriosis, cramps don't usually come til a few days before my period. The only saving grace was that my period was only 2 days long. I'm gonna try to continue taking them. I love that my period was only 2 days long but this time around out didn't help with my cramps at all."

Shellyshel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched to this birth control after being on another pill for five years. I've been on this pill for three months. I've gained noticeable weight, solely because I feel like I cant stop eating. Even more so, I'm exhausted all the time, my energy is low. I'm a very active person and its becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with the work outs. This is NOT me. I've also had headaches (and migraines) almost everyday. These headaches are debilitating. I've had to call out of work because my head was pounding and I was overwhelmed with nausea. I'm currently working with my OB to find an alternative. I'm sure this pill would be great for someone, but its not the one for me."

BirthControlConnoisseur (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I got put on this pill because Minastrin took away it's discount card and gave it to Taytulla I gave it four months and it was horrible. I know that all pills have side effects and I'm pretty good about putting up with whatever they are. But this has been the worst. The mood swings, depression and fatigue are INTENSE. I'm a generally happy person, very motivated and have no history of depression. This pill made me want to give up on life. I'm going back to Minastrin and paying full price just to be able to be back to somewhat normal."

cysts4dayz April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is my 3rd month on BC but recently was switched to blistovi and am in the 3rd week of my first pack. I've started experiencing spotting today, which lead me to this website. I am terrified of everyone's own experiences and even only being 3 weeks in I can relate a lot! Before I started I was a very active person who loved going to the gym and working out, but lately I have not had the energy or enthusiasm to get up and go. I've found myself sleeping a lot during the day and feeling exhausted even after 10+ hours of sleep. I really didn't think anything of it but now it makes total sense! I just picked up my next months pack but I'm immediately calling my doctor to change to a new one!"

Harper123. April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The reviews I've seen aren't the most accurate. Of course everyone is different, but this works for me. I was originally on Gildess (same dosage) and LOVED it. Yet, it was discontinued and I was put on Blisovi - which was literally the worst BC I've ever been on. I talked to my pharmacist and was switched to this. If Gildess worked for you, this is the next best thing. Good luck!"

krkent April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have only been on Junel 1/20 for almost a month, but I'm already starting to notice differences with my body that I'm not too happy with. Firstly, I started developing cystic acne on my chin, which never happened before. It's really painful and hard to cover up with makeup. Secondly, my period is irregular. On my second week of the pill, I started feeling crampy and then a day or two later, I got my period. I am going to give it three months, and if nothing changes or if my symptoms worsen, I'm asking my doctor for something else. Any recommendations?"

Ashleyy6755 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've tried many birth controls in the past few years and after taking microgestin for about a year now I can definitely say it is one of the better brands I have used. After reading other reviews I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has experienced extremely light periods and dryness during intercourse. For me, my last period didn't even come. While some might see no periods as a dream come true, personally it can really worried me. Despite using the pill consistently, I ended up taking a pregnancy test to put my mind at ease, but going forward I might consider switching again just so I can get that little extra reassurance. However all other side effects on this medication have been very minimal for me!"

A minus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Missing hair on my hairline , been taking this for a month can't even put my hair in a pony tail without looking bald!!"

Bribri27 April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I really like this birth control cause it's a very low dosage. For everyone who says it makes them feel sick, take it at night! I had the same problem and take it night typically between 830-11pm and I don't feel sick. My skin I have less breakouts. I still get the occasional pimple or two. I haven't had any mood swings, no problems with libido, my emotions feel more balanced and I don't have PMS. I do get bloated for a few days in the middle of the cycle. It's my 5th month on them. And when I do get my period, my cramps are nonexistent. I used to have the curl up in a ball and cry cramps, but they've been non-existent with these pills. There's also a lot less blood loss. Also a regular exerciser and no issues there either."

BB11196 April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was only on this for one month . It made my liver levels spike for some reason. I also have anxiety and I cried at everything while on this like everything was heightened. I know one month is nothing review wise but I'm sure given time it would have been better. I needed a lower progesterone pill"

Becca16x9 April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Awful. Forever to switch due to a generic version being available. I am considering paying full price just to go back to feeling like myself. Terrible side effects. Would not recommend to anyone."

FM18 April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'd give it a zero if I could. They switched me to this brand this month and it has been the worst experience ever. I cannot stop crying, I lost my appetite, back pains, suicidal, worst pill ever given to me. DO NOT TAKE THIS."

C7382 April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Junel Fe 24 going on 3 months and I can't wait to go off of it. I have very painful periods and I wanted to go back on birth control after being off for 2 years (previously on Lo Loestrin and it was great). My first couple weeks taking it I was nauseous on and off. I had my first period during the iron pills like I should, but then I had it again 2 weeks later for over a week. During my periods I had a few days of cramping but not as bad as I had before (the only good part). I'm 24 yo and my sex drive is nonexistent, that's the main reason I need to switch. I'm also get very sad and emotional over nothing. I tried to give it a chance and tough it out hoping it would get better but it's not. I'm switching asap."

Rae232323 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My experience with Lo Loestrin has been great except for one thing: acne. I had never before have any skin issues, not even in my teenage years. But now I have a lot of bumps and acne specially on my chin and back. Nothing seems to work to eliminate this problem. However I love the fact that I do not have menstrual periods at all. Therefore no cramps, headaches nor bloating. I actually do not notice any mood changes either. I've been taking it for 8 months now and I am overall happy with it. But I have to say that I am pretty embarrassed and frustrated about my acne. I am planning on seeing a dermatologist and see if it helps."

Diana42 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is awful! My pharmacy switched me to this because of my insurance. I've been on minastrin for 2 years and no side effects and mibelas makes me bloat, constipated (I already have Ibs! Don't need more contributing!) acne and my period started 6 days before the active pills were done! This period is worse than my periods before I started birth control! Do not switch!"

Ceny (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Since being diagnosed with Epilepsy I was put on pills to prevent seizures which did not help until I was also put on Loestrin 24 Fe. So far no seizures. I believe its related to a hormonal imbalance and the Birth Control definitely helps. I have not had any bad symptoms at all. No nausea, no mood swings. I have tried every single Birth Control I could think of and this is the only one I like by far. I plan to stay on it for another 6-12 months and try for baby #3."

Blessed Libra (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm on week 3. I used to be on the xulane patch but at my 6 month pp appointment and after using the patch for a couple weeks I had a terrible skin reaction.. (which was weird cuz I used it for almost 9 yrs with no issue) switched to this pill, take it every night at 8:30 pm when kids are in bed. -im 25 btw. So far, BAD cystic acne on my chin, around mouth, forehead. It's so embarrassing I don't even want to check the mail. Headaches, bloated and huge. Reduced sex drive, 14 day period. Bad cramps with period and I'm 5 days off it and still cramping bad with some back pain. :/ I am constantly hungry, and I always want to cry or get easily emotional. I hate it! I'm considering getting off it. Idk what I'm Ganna do but I'll figure it out."

Stef_GA (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "One of the worst experiences I've ever had. I'm 38 and have never had skin issues. Well, now my skin is worse than my 14 year old daughters skin. Within a week of going on this pill, the left side of my face developed cystic acne. A full month in and it was all over my face. I attempted to stick with it to see if I would adjust, but it has gotten worse. Today is Wednesday and I quit taking the pill on Saturday; I'm hoping to see an improvement soon. I'm not sure if it was the pill or my skin, but I'm also pretty depressed and have lots of anxiety. I'd really rather have another baby than deal with the results of this pill."

SouthernAcP April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Before taking Blisovi 24 Fe, I had taken Lo Loestrin Fe for 3 years and loved it! My insurance company stopped covering Lo Loestrin Fe so I switched to Blisovi 24 Fe. So far this pill has done everything I went on the pill to avoid! I have awful cramps, heavy bleeding, sore breasts, acne, mood swings, etc. I have given my body the suggested amount of time to adjust and my symptoms still have not improved. My experience with this birth control was awful and I am just waiting for my appeal to go through so I can get back on Lo Loestrin Fe again."

Kay521 April 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am on my 6th week. My pharmacy changed me from Gildess and before it was Junel. I saw my PCP yesterday and was in tears (which is also strange that I can cry on a dime) and feared that my RA meds are killing my stomach and I was going to have to stop treatment due to the side effects. I have tried 2 different RA meds and continued to get sick. My PCP asked me about my BCP's and if there were any changes. A light went off. YES! I am on my 6th week now. My hormones are wacked, I am irritable, and my stomach is in knots every day. I have been taking nausea medication almost daily. My system is a mess between not being able to go to the restroom or going too much. I am calling my mail order pharmacy and my GYN. I must change RX."

QJ April 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I was diagnosed years ago with PCOS . This year I was having some issues with night sweats headaches and nausea and asked my OB/Gyn to check my hormones. To my surprise I have a hormone imbalance my FSH and LH levels were backwards. Treatment is to go back on birth control pills . She prescribed me blisovi- I hadn't heard of these but I am taking them. At first I head a mild headache that went away after the first week of pills. My only complaint is since I started this first pill pack I have bleed the whole month and almost done with my nonactive pills. My doc says this is normal the first 3 pill packs and should stop on the 4th pill pack..she says my body is adjusting to hormones. I'm hoping that is all it is."

Blisovi 1.5/30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2017