User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, ...show all 94 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 6 reviews 202 medications

4.2
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 2591 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I used to take loliestrin 24 and it was great! But my insurance doesnt cover it. On Loloestrin I Lost weight, no mood swings and no periods. This however is the opposite. Its been 2 month i'm super bloated, always tired and had my period for 2 weeks now. Super annoying. Im not sure if I can wait 3 months. I will try and see if it gets better. So far its sucks"

Rondei July 26, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have used Loestrin Fe and Gildess Fe in the past and never had an issue with either. I was on Gildess up until a couple months ago, when my pharmacy switched me to Microgestin Fe 1/20 and told me that it was exactly the same as Gildess. The first time I got my period on Microgestin, my face, neck, back, and crotch broke out in a scaly, red, incredibly itchy rash. I couldn't figure out what had caused this awful rash (that lasted for a week) until a month later, at the same time of month, the rash returned. I'm going to see my gyn and getting a new prescription because my experience with Microgestin has been awful."

avgbear July 26, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I just started my second pack of microgestin fe 1/20 and I cannot complain! I definitely have the side effect of feeling a little sick, but that is to be expected. My first month of using it I also had started working out and I actually lost 7 or 8 pounds, so I had no problem with my weight. I'm sure it is based upon your body, but if you maintain a healthy lifestyle weight gain should not be a problem. I started taking this due to the unreal pain I was experiencing while I was on my period. This past one was nothing! I had zero pain and it was extremely light and only lasted about 2 days. It was so nice! My only complaint is my stomach hurting during the first few days of pills."

TayloreH July 25, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I first started with Lo Loestrin and had a terrible experience with it the first month or so. I then switched to Minastrin to see if my body can handle it. The first few months were great, no crazy side effects and my period was super light- no cramps and lasted about 4 days at most. About a month and a half ago that's when it got worse. I have a headache every single day.. Constant dizziness and fatigue. I'm a personal trainer so it's my lifestyle to eat right and train almost everyday. I noticed I'm not losing any fat, instead I gained about 3lbs and constantly feel like I'm retaining water. As I type this I have a throbbing headache on the left side of my head. All I want to do is sleep and even if I take Advil my pain does not go away."

Lauren n July 25, 2016

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The 10 is for effectiveness, but for nothing else. Generess kept me baby free. I have Endometriosis, why my dr prescribed this med, and my cycle is only 2 days but still pretty heavy. But oh the side effects. I'm 21, breaking out worse than I did even going through puberty. My appetite has spiked, I've gained about 8 lbs, and can't seem to get it off with my usual gym/boxing class regimen, I already practice a mostly yeast-free eating lifestyle and still nothing helped. Further- my anxiety is OFF THE CHARTS, I have a history with depression but haven't actually experienced it like this in years- which adds to the constant fatigue. Switching to Mirena this cycle- I hope your experience is better than mine!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

Ortho-Novum 7/7/7 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been using Ortho Novum 777 for about 6 months now, I switched from the Xulane patch that I had been using for 6 years. I thought the side effects from the Xulane were just me until I switched. On Xulane, I was experiencing heavy flow, migraines, mood swings, and a crazy sex drive, and was really hard for me to lose weight. Now I no longer experience ANY migraines, mood swings and my sex drive seems a lot more normal. I also have only a 2-3 day light period. The first couple of days taking Ortho Novum 777, I experienced light nausea but after that no more. I am not sure if this pill had any effect on me losing weight since I started exercising and eating healthier at the same time but I've lost 27 lbs."

rach2425 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started LoLo about one month ago. I switched from Nuvaring to the pill. Everyone is different, but for reference, I'm 26, 5'8", 130. I'm pretty healthy and wanted to see how this would work and now I've had nausea for about 3 weeks, low sex drive, low appetite. My skin and weight have not changed at all. Called my doc and she said my body is getting used to the meds. Hoping this ends soon because it's no fun!"

Lauren H (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on lo loestrin for over three years and have loved it. Since being on it I haven't had a period. The only down side is that it's a pill. Being in college and having a crazy schedule makes it difficult to take every day so I'm switching to a better long term solution for birth control. If I could remember to take it at the same time every day I'd give this 10/10"

Anonymous1625749 July 25, 2016

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for about a month now. I've been bleeding since the first day I started it. I'm now up to my placebo pills which I'm just going to take. I'm hoping my body adjusts soon because the bleeding/spotting is quite aggravating. I've been moody, but I'm a generally moody person and would have to wait it out to say it's the pill doing it. My appetite has actually decreased, which is something I wasn't expecting at all. Other than the bleeding, no complaints on this pill this far."

Melissax July 25, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "After 3 mos I ended up with blood clots and pulmonary embolism.im blessed to be alive."

Kkilgore (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Horrible!!!!! I got my implanon taken out and decided to switch to the pill. Biggest mistake ever! I feel extremely tired all the time. I haven't had problem with acne in years and now all of a sudden my face has been breaking out! I'm extremely moody. I don't like the way it makes me feel at all. I've only been on it for about 2 weeks and will be stopping it asap!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am 25 years old and have been using a birth control since I was 14 years old. Therefore I have gone through numerous birth control switches.NEVER in my life have I actually noticed symptoms of a medication than before using this. At first I thought I could have been pregnant. Taking 3 different tests (all which being negative) I realized it had to be from this birth control. I have been on this for one month and today after almost fainting cause I felt so sick. I refuse to take one more pill. Throughout this one month I have visibly bloated in my stomach, my breasts enlarged. I have felt nauseous every single day. My anxiety and depression has been at an all time high,not to mention I am agitated about pretty much anything. DONT RECOMMEND"

Ah111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

For Acne: "I never really had acne until I started this birth control. Now my skin is absolutely awful. I heard you have to wait three months for the hormone levels to stabilize and see improvement, but I've been on it for five and my skin only keeps getting worse."

Emimeow July 21, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for a year now and I've been relatively happy. I'm 17 and not sexually active, but my doctor prescribed me the pill to help with my PCOS. Since I wasn't looking for it for birth control purposes, I was mainly focusing on acne, the duration and pain of my periods, and weight changes. I experienced absolutely no weight change and my periods almost and when I did get my period they were painful, but they were so infrequent so it wasn't a concern. I noticed also that my acne got worse. Fortunately I have not experienced any mood changes, appetite changes, migraines, etc. Overall I think as a first time birth control user, it's been an ok experience but if you're looking for acne solutions, maybe try something else."

Natalie543216789 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 20, 2016

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Love this product! I started taking it a few years ago to clear up my skin, and it exceeded all expectations. Not only is my skin totally clear, I no longer have heavy periods and I have never experienced any negative side effects. Sometimes when I do get my periods they come at irregular times, but they are always very light. I'd recommend this product!"

LexiXX July 19, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for several years now. I used to get debilitating cramps and ovarian cysts that put me in the hospital. So I love the pill for that...but now, the pill is the reason for my dead sex drive. And I don't know what to do. I have spoken to my doctor and my obgyn, and nobody seems to care enough to help me. I hate condoms, I can't feel anything. Just frustrated now..."

AndromedaJ July 19, 2016

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Been taking Microgestin for three months. (Had to get off Levora because of seriously chronic nausea)The first month on Microgestin I was just a couple hours late taking a pill and bled almost immediately. Second and third months haven't missed a pill and my periods have been almost nonexistent. Super scary on month two but really an appreciated bonus I hope continues."

JTRz July 19, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 2 weeks into Lolo after Mirena IUD removal, and due to irregular periods, and ovarian cysts. Not sure what's a mirena removal side-effect (Mirena crash) vs. lolo side effect. But I've had headaches and anxiety, and really sad, sad, days. Just blah. I'm going to update as time goes on to annotate any other pros/cons. I have been nauseas the past few days too."

FrannyBarnes July 19, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started the first pack last year, and when I got to the placebo week, I was in extreme stomach pain for a few days and got scared, so I stopped taking the pill altogether. But this might be because of the stressful experiences I was having in life. Now, half a year later, I decided to continue the next two packs because I just started dating someone new and we don't like condoms. No pain, it regulated my period (and it lasted only three days with light flow thankfully), but the one annoying thing was that before I started the pill again and was getting busy with the bf, I could easily get wet and aroused but after taking the pill, I experienced continuous vaginal dryness. So this pill gets a meeehh/10."

Ehh? (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This review is past due because I stopped taking Lo Loestrin a couple years ago due to job/insurance change and moving. But out of all the pills I've tried, this one was actually one of the better ones I tried. PROS: NO periods, no cramps, no mood swings, all gone :D!! I'm a heavy bleeder with horrible cramps/pains. This completely got rid of it and it was SO nice. Weight gain! For some this is a huge con, but I'm a 5'2 105lb stick figure girl and I've always struggled with trying to gain a healthy weight. This added about 5-10lbs on and I was really happy about it. CONS: Acne :( I never had bad acne until I started taking this. Also had no desire for sex, but I took it to fix my bad periods, not for dodging babies."

sebu (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this birth control for about a year now and I actually went on it because of my awful mood swings. I would uncontrollably cry about anything and everything so I figured maybe birth control would help even out my hormone levels. I think it has helped with evening out my hormones and controlling my mood swings although I still have days where I am awfully moody. I did gain a little weight on it.. nothing noticeable to the outside world except me. I've always had acne prone skin and it hasn't helped or worsened it. Overall it's been pretty good although I am trying to switch to an implant because I've gotten annoyed with taking it every day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I actually recently got off of Junel, and since being off I realized I'm much happier, my sex drive has increased, I've been able to lose weight, and I'm not downright exhausted all the time. When I was still on it I'd notice right before my period I'd turn into a(n even more) psychotic, emotional wreck. I am also significantly less depressed now. I did not like the pill and these are my personal experiences, but of course everyone takes differently to medication."

Currently testing Tri Sprintec (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 17, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "We moved to a new air base and the horrible doctors here refuse to let me have my Minastrin 24 Fe that I was on for TWO YEARS. Those two years were spent on cloud 9 compared to the 7 months on this garbage. On Minastrin I lost 45 pounds, clear skin like never before, good sex drive, not an emotional hurricane, and never got car sick. In 7 months alone on gildess I gained 25 pounds and counting(even with a healthy lifestyle), suffering depression and anxiety, NO sex drive, periods are HORRID, face has exploded more than going through puberty and I am 21, and taking this makes me sick. It's a good thing my husband and I don't want a baby because with the weight gain, break outs and no sex drive-it won't happen while taking this trash pill."

IfICouldGiveItAZeroIWould July 17, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "If you decide to take this drug don't! Unless you want a period longer than a week, migraines, and uncontrollable mood swings. Lots of crying! Did I mention depression? Generess is a better option."

Disgusted x10 July 17, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Ive been taking this for two years now and I love it! I work crazy shifts at work that dont allow me to wake up and go to sleep at the same time EVER, so when I end up taking it 2 hours late I dont have to worry about it not being as effective. Also, apparently if you completely miss a dose its okay too, I have yet to try this out but It seems awesome in theory. The only real side effect it has caused me is completely losing my sexdrive. I only have one the two days of the Iron pills. But as I get older I find thats not really all that important to me anymore anyways! I do take sleep aids everynight to combat the sleep loss however I am not sure if its the medicine that causes this or just other mental disorders I have."

Laura Michelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 16, 2016