User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, ...show all 99 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 7 reviews 202 medications

3.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 3134 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was originally prescribed something else then I somehow got switched to Guildess fe, which wasn't too bad. I was getting headaches, everyday with those. Now, the insurance sent me Blisovi Fe. Since I been taking the blisovi my period has increased In length, cramps in intensity, and heaviness in bleeding, including clots. Im hungry almost all the time, and my bra no longer fits completely (size D, before pill). The only thing this pill is effective in, is keeping you from getting pregnant. I had a scare and I did not get pregnant. But I never missed a pill and took at the same time everyday, which I was told makes it more effective.I am switching to an IUD soon because I cannot keep taking diff BC brands without warning."

PrincezNani (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I went on this birth control for two reasons : acne and protection from pregnancy. Have been taking it for 6 months and always have sex with my boyfriend without a condom. I haven't had a single side effect from this birth control. Never any headaches, food cravings, significant loss or weight gain, bloating. Nothing. My periods have been always regular even before taking this drug and they are still regular now. A day or two before I finish my active pills I get mild cramps, then when I'm on placebo week my period comes and is there for good 5-6 days just like my period is if I were not taking the pill. I never saw any changes in my mood, I don't feel tired and have never been pregnant. I feel like my usual self on this pill."

Nathalie-Anne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have spent nearly 5 years on this birth control, taking it continuously, to help keep my endometriosis under control. I have been on many different pills over the years, including very high doses of estrogen. They would work for the first year, then I would get constant breakthrough bleeding. I've always had issues with acne, but this pill didn't make it any better or worse. I have occasionally suffered from random cramps, usually due to shifting the time I took my pills during the time changes of the year. I am vigilant about taking it the same time every day, have never had a pregnancy scare, and was hoping to continue with it indefinitely, however, my insurance provider had other plans. I am hoping to go back on it again ASAP."

Sorsha (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Positives: 1. Regulates my period VERY well. Always happens the middle of the last week of the pack until the end of the pack (about 4 days). 2. Lighter periods. 3. Not pregnant. Negatives: 1. REALLY nauseous the day after taking the first pill in every pack. Like, super duper nauseous for about the first 8 hours of the day. Feels horrible. 2. Constant yeast infections. I have had 4 in the past 4 months, because of the estrogen in this BC. Might happen on any Estrogen BC, but be aware. 3. Debilitating calf cramps at night. Super painful and last about 5 minutes, they wake me up every time. 4. Jumping at every little noise. Been on this for 4 months, appointment tomorrow with gyno to switch"

carhilde5 February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking this pill in January for my heavy menstrual flow and blood clots, the Dr prescribed ortho tri-cyclen which were the first pills I started taking back in 2006 when the Dr first put me on them ok so fast forward I go to take prescription to pharmacy and they tell me its not covered under my insurance, so here comes Junel Fe 1/20 I got pills and Dr told me to start taking them the first day I get my period in which I did like a week later. I read the side effects and got kinda worried wasn't sure if I wanted to take them but did. Here I am a month later and now on my second pack. My period this Month February was not heavy nor did it last more than 5 days. So far no side effects what so ever Thank God!!"

Prdoll71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This pill did not work for me. After three days I started noticing severe mood swings, mostly between irrational anger and despondency. My perfectly clear skin also started to breakout, I could never feel satiated (not necessarily hungry but still snacking all the time), unable to fall asleep, and had horrible constipation. I went off the pills and a week later still have most of the side effects, although my insomnia has improved. Definitely not for everyone, hoping it will get out of my system soon!"

Nickname5 February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking this a month ago and my skin has cleared up quite a bit but the downsides are too many. I have had breakthrough bleeding (which was expected so not such an issue) but extreme mood changes within just a few weeks. I feel negative constantly and so unbelievably tired, the worst part of all is the nausea. I am nauseous all the time and am having a really hard time doing normal things like working out. I did not gain any weight and have lost my appetite due to the nausea. I went on this medication to help with migraines and admittedly have had fewer but the other side effects aren't worth it."

madison9099 February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Do not base your opinion off of these reviews! It is important to remember birth control works differently for everyone. I was absolutely terrified to go on any type of birth control pill because I find myself prone to side effects with these things and was already having bad anxiety. Turns out this pill completely levelled me out. I haven't experienced any negative side effects at all except for the break through bleeding (which is why I came on this site in the first place). Besides that, nothing. Try it! I feel as though my body actually really needed this, since it seems as though it's actually levelled out my anxiety."

Marilyn23 (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for almost 4 years. I absolutely love it I've had no problems nor side affects. I started taking this BC because I had severe painful acne all over my face and the my doc decided since I wasn't in any BC this should help clear up my acne and be protected at the same time. Although I didn't want to take it because my husband and I wanted to try for another baby right after I had my son that was 4 years she ago. So In December of 2016 I stopped taking it because now my son is 4 and we want to try for another baby and it sucks as much as I want a baby I wish I can still take it I'm gaining weight. Im getting acne all over again. And well I have not gotten pregnant yet. If I don't get pregnant by July I'll be back"

Jess 87 February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This was my first BC. I was on it for 3 years. My dr. first prescribed so I'd have a control my period and after a year and a half my periods started to only show up every 3 months! My periods were lighter when they were present. I never had bad cramps. I did lack serious sex drive and was dry as a desert after the 1.5 year mark. Acne never changed. No appetite craze or weight gain."

Madi3005 February 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Necon 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control for 3.5 years and it has been great. I never have breakthrough bleeding, and my period comes for 4 days on the Monday morning around 11am after the last active pill. I've lost 10lbs over the years while being on the pill and did not gain any weight when I first started it. If I skip one pill, I do start bleeding but that has only happened a couple of times over the years. My skin was flawless for a year but now I get a couple small breakouts here and there enough to try a new pill. I have noticed a reduction in libido over time but it's minimal and manageable. The other generic versions (Nortrel, cyclafem, etc.) do not react the same at all and I cannot take those."

Madisonnnnnnnn (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This pill works absolute wonders for me. Before I got on this pill I had very heavy and painful periods. When I started the microgestin 1.5/30 the heavy bleeding and painful cramps went away. My periods are now light and the cramps are little to none. Not to mention I had a very bad acne problem, that went away too. Besides the headaches that I get once in a while this pill seems to be treating me good. No pregnancies or anything. It is actually worth it. It works! It also helps for more than just birth control."

KayRiii February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this for over 3 yrs (age 17 to almost 21) and wish I'd read reviews and realized what was happening to me sooner. I've always been a nervous person but my anxiety went through the roof on this pill. However, I blamed the anxiety on getting older and maybe the stress of school. In hindsight, it was definitely the pill. I changed from a happy, easygoing person to an emotional monster. I became easily infuriated and even hit my boyfriend out of rage (something I would NEVER normally do). I gained weight, had acne, and became unbelievably moody. Stopping this pill was the best decision and I only wish I'd never started. My advice is to not take this pill, but if you choose to, be aware of how your body is reacting. I wish I had sooner."

sl12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on mononessa and my doctor switch me to microgestin saying there are less side effects. Worst mistake I ever made. I used mononessa without having one complaint. It's been one week I started microgestin and I'm having chest pain, headaches, feeling nauseous and tired all the time and I can't sleep at nights."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "I've only been on Junel for a week and a half so I'm hoping that this will calm down after I've been on it for a little while but it's given me so much acne! I've always had pretty clear skin and now my face and upper back are literally covered in deep acne and bumps. Also I've noticed that my hair gets greasy faster, too. I just feel so oily and disgusting all the time. I'm trying to stick it out but this is absolutely horrible and I definitely cannot put up with these side effects if they persist. Wouldn't recommend."

zamirrra February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm tempted to leave a crappy rating for this type of birth control since I did experience negative side effects, but it did do it's job of allowing me to continue to beat teen pregnancy so I had to give it a little credit. Honestly, Microgestin Fe 1/20 makes you feel like you're the size of a killer whale at all times. BLOATED as anything. Lost lot of energy... aka walking five minutes away to class was like practically climbing Mt. Everest. Also, if you don't take your pill with food, you'll feel about ready to vomit for the rest of the day/night. Gained a whopping 6 pounds in one month while taking this bad boy. Not blaming my weight on the pill itself, but the intense hunger pangs it caused me to have without me even fully realizing."

Anonymous February 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was initially prescribed Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. After 2 months of heavy breakthrough bleeding my doctor changed me to Blisovi Fe 1.5. I've now been on Blisovi for 4 months. The only positive I can say is that it stopped the bleeding. My top 3 complaints are: anxiety, acne, and weight gain. I am constantly on edge and jump at everything. Every month when I start Week 3 my face gets extremely dry overnight and peels as if I have a sunburn then cystic acne comes in full force. I've never had an issue with acne in my entire life! I've also gained 10 pounds with zero diet change. My dr. asked me to give it a few months and as of this morning he agreed to change me to Yaz. If you are researching and are on the fence, DON'T TAKE BLISOVI!"

andrea00300 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this pill for 6 months and gained approximately 10 pounds. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I also experienced back pain while taking it. I recently stopped and have already lost a couple pounds and my back no longer hurts. I'm so glad I read these reviews."

Jdcde (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on gildess for a year when all of the sudden the pharmacy switched me to bilsolvi 1/20. For the last few months I've been experiencing extreme anxiety to the point of jumping out of my skin. I can't sleep. I'm not sure if it's my anxiety or the pill causing my extreme nausea everyday. But it's almost unbearable. I do not recommend this pill. I've been thinking oh man am I pregnant? Because of the nausea. So I thought after months let me look at some reviews. To my amazement there isn't one good review on this pill. I haven't gained weight but I feel like crap. Switching asap!"

Zeldapeanut February 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Terrible birth control! I do not recommend at all. Everyone reacts differently but my experience with this pill gave me irreversible effects. I had perfectly clear skin before taking this pill not one mark on my face but within the first month I got HUGE cysts all over the sides of my cheeks it killed my confidence. It also made me extremely moody I would cry all the time. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you but I just wrote this review as a warning!"

Rach8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed Microgestin FE 1/20 after finding out my insurance didn't cover Loloestrin Fe 1/20. Thought I'd give it a try since my provider said it's similar to loloestrin, however it has a higher dose of estrogen, and she suggested that no other BC will have lower estrogen than loloestrin. Paying for it out of pocket would be about $120 a month. I was on Microgestin for 2 weeks. I know that's not long enough but it was long enough for me! My breasts were way sensitive and tender to the point that laying on my side felt uncomfortable and the reason why I decided to stop it all together was because sex was painful! My vagina was so dry that although I wanted to have sex, my parts weren't working with me! LOL."

desertdry1 February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "This is absolutely the WORST birth control I have taken in my life. I switched to Junel Fe, because my previous birth control wasn't a high enough dosage to even slightly relieve my horrible periods. Not even 3 days after starting taking it I literally cry for no reason and I am very emotional and irritable. This pill turned me psycho. Do NOT recommend it at all."

michellessss February 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched from taking Gildes to Junel, I really liked this pill, my migraines that I usually get on the day of my period went away!! Plus I wouldn't get as moody as before so I knew this pill was the one for me HOWEVER I realized my body was producing more hormones (according to a blood test) that can maybe cause me to get Thyroid Symptom so I immediately stopped taking any kinds of birth control to avoid any disease:/ I didn't know birth control could lead to other complications :/"

Dayse (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne: "I woke up one morning after being on the pill for two days and I was covered in pimples. It almost looked like chicken pox there were so many. Definitely getting off of this."

corinnef February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This was my first ever birth control experience and although it worked fairly well for the first month concerning period regulation, I had major breakthrough bleeding on my second pack that resembled a heavy, two-week long period on my active pills. My endocrinologist hadn't asked me about history with mental illness before she prescribed me this medication and unfortunately the pill magnified my severe depression progressively throughout my three packs. Because of it, I am more emotionally fragile and cry very easily. My anxiety has been heightened to a point where I can't go outside at the risk of panicking, and I'm constantly very jittery/shaky. I would not recommend this product for women experiencing any sort of depression or anxiety."

Disappointed and Let Down February 17, 2017