User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, ...show all 95 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Endometriosis 51 reviews 160 medications

4.2
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 2741 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Was put on this pill after I came off microgynon after 5 years as it made me insane. I've been on loestrin for 3 months and will be changing as soon as I can. I have been having the most severe nightmares on this pill and I am woken up every night in a tizz. Also my boobs have grown a cup size which is good, but I have also gained weight and can't seem to shift it. Feel constantly fat. Also all my life I have had essentially perfect skin but since being on this pill my skin is constantly greasy which has resulted into spots. On the plus side, mood is generally good and no pregnancys but the nightmares are too big of a deal to carry on"

Holly199328 September 26, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am single, and am only taking this mainly for my acne issues. I stopped taking this a year ago when i was in a bad relationship and was too depressed to take the pill regularly. After stopping, I've had under the skin acne/bumps all the time, and has not gotten better. I caved in and am back on it. I just finished week 1 of my first pack. I wasn't get cystic acne previously but did get one a couple days ago. hopefully this will be the only one. When I was on this in 2015, I was very depressed and no sex drive but I was also in a bad relationship so I wont put the blame on the pill just yet. I will keep you updated with my progress, wish me luck!"

Rabbits Foot September 26, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is my 2nd time taking birth control. I am on my 2nd pack with this particular one and near the end of the 2nd week. Maybe 4-5 days after my period ends, I get another period or "breakthrough bleeding" I'm not happy with this at all because this will probably go on until I finish the pack. So technically I bleed for about 2-3 weeks. This is not cool. I will give this one more month to see if my body will adjust. If this situation doesn't get better then I'm going to discontinue use of this product."

Tiffypoo September 25, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched from the Nuvaring to this at the advice from my endochronologist who said that the Nuvaring was messing with my thyroid and that she feels like my body cannot handle additional hormones in my body. Ive been on Lo Loestrin Fe for about 2 months and it has been the worst. Terrible mood swings, depression, bloating, constipation and no sex drive! I'm 27 and to have no sex drive is crazy. I have anxiety disorder and this medicine has made it worse and is actually causing depression which according the side effects, is common. So I'll be going back to the doctor and asking for something else. The only positive is that my period started as soon as I went to the white pills and wasn't heavy or crampy."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I recently been on the pill for about a week now and so far I am okay . I started taking the pill the first day of my period which was 9/16/16 and it was supposed to end two days ago 9/22/16 and I am still experiencing bleeding . It is light bleeding more like spotting so I am guessing this is breakthrough bleeding but I was curious as to how long will this last."

Jayla16 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started Lo Loestrin Fe and on my first pack. Two weeks into the pack, my period started. The bleeding has been nonstop for one week. I haven't even started the white pills yet, and I am concerned that this bleeding will keep going as it hasn't lightened up at all. Trying to be patient and wait out this first month to see what happens before contacting my doctor. I am 52, and I've been put on this to level out the hormonal mood shifts and heavy periods while in this perimenopause stage of life. The Fe did provide an energy boost for me as I was slightly low in iron to begin with. Ironically, this mid-pack period has started and I am feeling tired and have daily headaches. Anyone else with similar situation? Pregnancy is non-issue."

Support needed September 24, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm a 21 year old , little over weight with a hormone deficiency called pcos . My Doctor put me on Lolo for 3 months . For the first month my period was very heavy and painful and then a week letter I got my period once again , by the second time I only got my period once however it still was very painful . When I did get my period naturally ( off the pill ) it was very light and non painful . By the 3rd month I bleed for 3 straight weeks and had bad cramps . It did give me clear skin . However I did had a decrease in my sex drive and painful intercourse . I would not recommend this pill ."

Vana21 September 22, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for three years before me and my hubby decided to have a baby! I loved it though it was given to me for severe cramping and heavy periods and and never felt sick on it and it lowered my period to 3 days and low periods! It was amazing sometimes my period wouldn't even come because I was skipping the brown ones and going straight to a new pack my cramping was gone and if I ever did get it was very mild better than how I used to get them! I love this birth control!"

Cc2016 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "it caused me to gain 30 pounds"

200115 September 21, 2016

Loestrin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for : "I have been on loestrin for almost 2 months and have had only one day that I wasn't experiencing breakthrough bleeding. I can't wait to switch to something else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "this pill has been giving me the blues. Since starting I've had constant yeast infections & bv. Increased hunger nausea and severe bloating. Only thing it does efficiently is prevent pregnancy & btw. I haven't seen my period in 3 months. Feeling terrible "

Destoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This pill is horrible. I've tried my fair share of different birth control pills, this being my 4th, and it is by far one of the worst. Since I've started it, it makes me hungry at all times- I NEVER feel full, ever! I can eat and eat and eat and not feel a thing. The increase in appetite and the want to binge has made me gain about 15 pounds since starting this pill about 5 months ago. The main reason I'm on birth control is to lighten my very heavy periods, which it does, but the side effect of increased appetite which causes weight gain makes it not worth it. Will definitely be switching to a different pill asap."

ashtk9 September 19, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I only been taking this drug for two months. When I had my period it was worst than before. Didn't get my period the second month. My major issue is my rage/mood swings. I am not the type of person to be angry on the daily. Also I started with no ance. I would get a pimple here and there. The second month I started to see a few. It does take more than a couples of months to help the acne. I started to take this drug to not get pregnant and for my acne."

Susan B Anthony September 17, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Minastrin has been great for me, I have had not side effects whatsoever. I agree with what others say, however, about periods disappearing. It was great when I was not sexually active but now that I am - it makes me nervous."

LKS30 September 16, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had a miscarriage and went to my OBGYN and he prescribed me LoLo. He didn't tell me how or when to use it, so I tried to read up on it before I did. My MC started on august 2-11 and I got my ultrasound to check up on everything and they said I passed the baby so I started LoLo. I bled for a month but towards the end of the month (last week and a half) it started turning brown like old blood. I was taking the pill at exactly 9:30 everyday and when I started my new pack, I did good for two days then on my third day I was an hour late but still took it and the day after that, I took it six minutes earlier. But now I'm on day 7, and I took the pill at 9:30 since day 5. I haven't had any S/E but a couple days ago my back started to ache"

RunnerLover (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Okay I haven't been on this pill very long, but my doctor prescribed it to me for heavy bleeding and intense cramps. He told me to skip the brown pills and start a new pack instead. Doing that I wasn't supposed to have a period at all. Well that isn't the case at all. The last two days have been pure hell with cramps. (worse than before) And I'm bleeding heavier than usual ( I didn't think it was possible). Not to mention the migranes are unreal."

WickedKristen9 September 15, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 3.5 years which is more than awesome, just make sure you take it at the same time everyday without stop. As far as my sex life, you have to be vigilant....date nights and 3-4 times a week exercise. I have four boys so I know about being exhausted. You have to love yourself before you can love someone else. Attitude is up to you. It will go away but you must put up the effort to bring it back."

Mom4boys (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started this birth control in April and loved it. I was very nauseous at first but did not spot at all. After 2 months on it I finally got my period for only two days. It was nice not getting it but also made me anxious every month. After this I did not get my period until last week. So that is 3 months of not receiving my period which stressed me out. After months on it I started losing my sex drive and becoming extremely moody the first 3 weeks of the pack. I wasn't myself anymore and everyone around me noticed it. I plan on getting off of it for a couple of months or more to reset my hormones and get back to normal. Obviously everyone will react differently to this pill. Also my insurance didn't cover it so I was paying $80 for 3 packs"

fitsw210 September 14, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for 8 months. I've always been overweight but I've significantly changed my lifestyle, going to the gym consistently for the first time ever, yet I'm gaining weight. Ugh. Other side effects: anxiety, panic attacks, mood swings, weird, vivid, and often sexual dreams, I sleep so much (10 hrs/night), loss of sex drive. Headaches and disturbed sleep which were extremely rare for me before. Also my blood pressure was 140/89 the other day and I've never had high blood pressure! I was compelled to read reviews after that and I see some people had the same issue. This is the first pill I've been on so I thought "maybe this isn't so bad" but now, writing out all of my side effects, I'm seriously considering stopping this pill."

dannygirl417 September 13, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Microgestion Fe 1/20 for around 10 months due to migraines. I was constantly having breakthrough bleeding, mood swings, horrible anxiety which I had never had before, and my acne had come back. I switched to Glidess Fe 1.5/30 because it was free through my insurance and all of my symptoms cleared up. After going back to school, where I do not have my normal pharmacy, I got put on Microgestion Fe 1.5/30 because they do not carry Glidess. My doctor did not clear this, but the pharmacist told me that I should have no problems. WRONG! My anxiety came back full swing and that is not helpful being a college nursing student. I am constantly tired and I am eating like crazy. I am switching back to my old medication asap."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Prior to my baby making days, I had been on various brands of birth control pills for about a decade, with never having one single complaint about any of them. The entire first month of taking Junel, I literally bled every single day. But I figured it was just my body recovering from both having a baby and starting up on bc again. Well, I started my second pack a little over a week ago and I have had intense cramping in my lower abdomen/groin, headaches, and even cramping in my legs. I called my OB office, and they told me to take Motrin. Yes, after reading all of these terrifying reviews I'm just going to mask the warning signs my body is giving me with ibuprofen...NOT. As of tonight I am no longer taking this pill. Thank you everyone!"

Really Freaked Out (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Only giving it a 5 because it is protecting me from getting pregnant. But the side effects are horrible I've been on it for just 1 month I already gained some weight my period never came for the month of September my mood swings are going crazy I always seem to cry for no damn reason which is ridiculous but today was my last pill and I'm so happy for that time to start my old birth control pills."

AraceliE September 13, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I just started this 6 days ago. I have been dizzy, had headaches and nausea since day 3. Also, just like other reviewers have noted, i have cystic acne on my forehead and even some on my back. I have never had a pimple on my back and I am over 40! I am switching to another pill right away."

LBMom September 12, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Lo Loestrin for about 5-6 and my periods are either light or non exsistant which is great! My cramps even lessened and I don't have to take anything for them anymore which is fantastic! However I've been bloated for 6 months so much so that my clothes are tight and it's embarrassing as I work out 4 times a week and am very healthy. My face breaks out all the time now with painful cyst like red dots that never form into a pimple and my face has always been clear. My loved ones are complaining about my short fuse and major crankiness which isn't like me at all. My sex drive is gone and I'm in my early 30s, it like happened over night. I'll be switching to something immediately as I was hoping all this would go away."

Young Pro (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "I have taken these pills for 1 week, but that is all it took for me to know they are NOT for me. My insurance switched me to these. These pills have so many negative effects on me! First, I am STARVING every hour or so. I can even eat a big meal and I will be starving again, and if I don't eat, I will feel weak and shaky. Second, I am bloated all the time, which is really uncomfortable! Third, towards the end of the week, I started to feel really tired for no reason even though I had a good night's sleep. I would suddenly just feel faint and I could barely keep my eyes open. Also, on the 6th day, I felt a heaviness in my chest, which cannot be good. I am going to see if I can switch back to my other ones (Gianvi). I do NOT recommend these!"

NicoleAn September 12, 2016