User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Aurovela 1.5/30, Aurovela 1/20, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Fyavolv, Generess Fe, Genora 0.5/35, Genora 1/35, Gildagia, Gildess 1.5/30, Gildess 1/20, Gildess 24 Fe, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Gildess Fe 1/20, Hailey 1.5/30, Hailey 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1.5/30, Hailey Fe 1/20, Jenest, Jevantique, Jevantique Lo, Jinteli, Junel 1.5/30, Junel 1/20, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 1/20, Junel Fe 24, Kaitlib Fe, Larin 1.5/30, Larin 1/20, Larin 24 Fe, Larin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Layolis Fe, Leena, Leribane, Lo Loestrin Fe, Lo Minastrin Fe, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lomedia 24 Fe, Melodetta 24 Fe, Mibelas 24 Fe, Microgestin 1.5/30, Microgestin 1/20, Microgestin 24 Fe, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Modicon, Necon 0.5/35, Necon 1/35, Necon 10/11, Necon 7/7/7, Nelova 0.5/35, Nelova 1/35, Nelova 10/11, Nexesta Fe, Norethin 1/35 E, Norinyl 1+35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 7/7/7, Nylia 1/35, Nylia 7/7/7, Ortho-Novum 1/35, Ortho-Novum 10/11, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Ovcon 35, Ovcon 35 Fe, Ovcon 50, Philith, Pirmella 1/35, Pirmella 7/7/7, Tarina Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Tilia Fe, Tri-Legest, Tri-Legest Fe, Tri-Norinyl, Vyfemla, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Zenchent, Zenchent Fe, Zeosa …show all brand names

Postmenopausal Symptoms

Gonadotropin Inhibition

1 review 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 5.5 4,322 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My pharmacy switched from Blisovi FE, to Junel due to brand changes over in their department.And I took this thinking it would be the same I WAS SO WRONG. I like to think I am a level-headed individual, but on this, I am yoyo-ing from 2-8 in emotion reactions at the drop of a hat. And crying over the most stupid things. I haven't finished my second full week of this and I already want to throw it out the window. I think I would be able to handle the mood swings, but along with this comes nausea 1-3 hours after taking it (which is a huge worry about trying to keep it down so I don't lose the dosage), and an upset stomach/diarrhea the next day from it. Possibly also a hugely dropped tolerance in alcohol, since 1 beverage managed to hang around for HOURS to the point I wondered if I was at the start of an illness (I was not, it was the new pill)"

mickey June 22, 2018

Pirmella 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started birth control in April for heavy dreadful periods. In May my pharmacist gave me Pirmella 1/35 instead of the Cyclafem that I was taking. The first month went really well, and I lost a ton of weight. I have a normal appetite with this so that’s a huge plus! However, I am on my second pick (June) and I have been bleeding since my second week of active pills. I’m hoping the antibiotics I was on threw off my cycle and next month will be better. I don’t want to have to switch again! I will update next month if the bleeding doesn’t improve."

Cupcake girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2018

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was extremely nervous to start taking Blisovi after reading all of the reviews on here. I am 18 and it was my first time taking birth control pills, but I have been taking it for many months and have had ZERO negative side effects. My skin is more clear now than it has ever been, my weight has not changed, no headaches, etc. I also have some school related anxiety and was worried because a lot of people said it worsened their anxiety but I have not experienced this."

5f2819h0 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2018

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking microgestion for a few years. I have had no problems. Apparently the pharmacies around me didn't have enough stock. So they gave me Blisovi 24 FE said it was just like my previous birth control. IT'S NOT! I am currently on it but will stop as we speak. I have bad allergies so it's not uncommon for me to get hives or just plain itchy. I also have severe asthma. So recently about three days ago I have been breaking out in hives all day and having to use my inhaler more than normal. No amount of Benadryl was or is helping. The hives are so bad that I can't sleep and I'm itching to the point of bleeding. The only thing new I have ingested was this pill. So I thought I would look up reviews and side affects. Sure enough I land here. My boobs feel like they have stones in them. I take antidepressants and mood stabilizers. This pill has made me so whacky and has caused me to spiral. Don't take this pill. There is something off about this pill."

Neveragain June 21, 2018

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "If there was an option to give 0/10 I would. I’ve been on Minastrin for years but it costs be about $50 a month due to my insurance coverage, so I decided to switch to Junel 1/20. I had zero issues with Minastrin. So there I was, day 3 of Junel 1/20. I had to leave work because I was throwing up, even laying in bed I’m nauseous. So sure, I might be saving money by taking Junel, BUT I was crying due to my mood from this awful awful birth control and I was throwing up at work, just talking made me want to vomit. I called my gyno in tears and thankfully they switched my prescription back and called my pharmacy. Never ever EVER EVEERRRRR take this awful medication. Made me cancel a date I was looking forward to. Sure, instead of paying $50 for BC I only paid $6.35. And no wonder. I wouldn’t have even paid a dollar for this garbage!!!! Awful. Just awful."

Nik (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this for about 4 years now. I was really worried after I had a traumatic experience with Yaz, so my doctor recommended this. It's honestly great, I have had zero side effects (e.g. mood swings, weight gain, acne) and my periods are almost nonexistent. I have found that if I miss a pill I'll start spotting, and occasionally my periods didn't even happen (which worried me). I give it a 9/10 due to occasional spotting. I will never use a different BC"

See (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was just switched to this pill to try to stop my period. I have only been on it for less than two weeks and I'm experiencing severe abdominal cramping, mood swings, and depression. I will be stopping this medicine immediately and returning to my previous birth control pills, which I had no problems at all with. I do not recommend this to anyone trying to lessen cramps or period length, it's not worth it."

Skeet (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched to Microgestin FE after my insurance removed the patch from their list of covered medications, which made me sad because Xulane worked really well for me other than having a low libido. This one was not a good fit for me. I've been taking this for almost 3 months to see if the side effects would go away, but they're only getting worse. I've been experiencing insomnia especially during the first two weeks of taking the pill and I also get super itchy on my arms, back, and legs, which is a side effect I've never had with any other birth control. The cystic acne has only gotten worse, and I've just contacted my doctor to switch to something else because this pill makes me feel horrible. My moods are also off the wall and I get upset/easily irritated very often. The very idea of sex annoys me. I am not myself on this pill... I can't wait to swtich!!"

Rachel (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Junel 1/20 is terrible! My doctor put me on this pill to help with my Endometriosis, and it has done nothing! I’ve had experiences where I’ve bleed for a month straight and it’s done nothing for my pain! I still fall to the ground and lay there for a few minutes before I find the strength to get up! LADIES your doctor knows the body but YOU know your body better! If it’s been 3 months or 10, if you have issues please change your pill because you’re doing more harm then good"

Noni (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 19, 2018

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was sent blisovi from a company who “ fits you with the right birth control”. I started taking it and I had a second period the week right after my normal period. The cramps I had were so unbearable I went to the hospital thinking I might be having a miscarriage because it was that bad. Needless to say, I do not recommend this stuff to anyone. It is honestly the worst experience I have ever had with any birth control."

Cc (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I went on JUNEL FE because my periods were so bad I would end up in the hospital every single month. I was on the pill for about 7-8 months and never got my period because I never took the sugar pills. Before starting Junel fe I was 140 lbs now I am 170 lbs. I gained 30 lbs from this pill. I always workout so this is annoying. I am considering going off it but when I did cold turkey- I was fainting and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. So now I am back on it and I have gained another 10 lbs in 3 months."

jettttty78 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2018

Balziva (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I would not recommend Balziva. I was on it for a little over a week and developed a DVT in my left arm. I was hospitalized and placed on blood thinners to help and I will still need to continue to take blood thinning medication."

Mandy (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was put on Taytulla in order for my menstrual cycle to shorten and mainly for my cramps to get better. My cramps got so bad, to the point I had to miss school every cycle for the first 2-3 days. My cycles would also last 8-10 days. The first two months I was on Taytulla, my cramps got even worse, but my cycle was only 5 days. For me, it just wasn’t worth it. I would also have terrible mood swings and depression. I hope others will have a better experience with the brand and not suffer like I did."

Anonymous June 15, 2018

Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Blisovi for almost 2 months and the side effects have been constant. The headaches, occasional dizziness and not to mention the bloating every single day. Its gotten to the point where I don't recognize my own body. The first month when I was suppose to menstruate I spotted for 2 days, nothing more. The side effects out weighed the potential benefits for me. Every women is different so don't knock it until you try it."

Anonymous June 15, 2018

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I’ve actually loved this pill. I’ve tried others and been so emotional. I’ve had no weight gain, no loss of sexual drive or even dryness, periods evened out with no issues. I’d like to try taking it straight for 3 months at a time to avoid periods, but will have to talk to my doc."

Bree (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2018

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After reading all these comments I was very surprised because I actually have had a pretty good experience and no problems. I’ve been on it for a year and a half and it’s regulated my periods to a certain day, gives me a light period and most of all it works every time, even if some cases that I missed one and had to double up the next day or I’m taking a pill 2 hours late it always works. I never really got side effects like acne and I have gained weight but I feel like that’s probably just me."

M (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2018

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had a terrible experience with this drug. My libido was absolutely nonexistent on it and still has not returned a month after stopping. I started having panic attacks and depression symptoms on this pill, which I have never experienced as I am typically a very happy and calm person. Nausea for first 2 weeks on it, but this went away with time, whereas the other symptoms only worsened with time."

Irish (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have taken Taytulla for more than 6 months and it was all fine. No side effects, until I decided to delay starting a pack so I wouldn't get my period on vacation. Instead of 4 "sugar pills" I decided to wait 2 more days after. And it was the worse decision I've ever made. BAD nausea, BAD heartburn. I can't sleep at night, I can't eat without getting grossed out. I am quitting this pill soon."

Moon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 14, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have spent the last 6 years of my life with an eating disorder, depression, anxiety, and overall misery which is just completely not like me at all. My mind has become so obsessed with food and exercise and I have been so fatigued all the time. I went off the pill 1 month ago and in the past 2 weeks I have felt 0 depression, barely any anxiety, and finally feel ready to take the steps to recovery. I looked back to when I first started taking the pill and that is exactly when all of these feelings began. How did I not put this together before now?! I will never know BUT I do know I will never go on the pill again. Thinking of switching to the IUD."

Trisha (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 14, 2018

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Listen, I have been taking Junel Fe 1.5/30 birth control for 2 weeks and my side effects are nausea, occasional vomiting, low sex drive, dry vagina, painful vagina, dizziness, insomnia, weird heart fluttery feelings, and headaches. It's been TWO weeks & I genuinely feel near death. OHHH & I've started to get bumps on my face. Getting off of this as soon as I possibly can."

Nicol3333 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Since I've been on Nortrel 1/35 I've been so sad/depressed/empty. I feel lost and useless and cry a lot. Family and friends have seen the change. I even began counselling because I couldn't figure out what was so wrong with me, but I knew I couldn't shake the feeling. My boyfriend took the time to quickly search effects after I told him how my mother thought my meds were negatively affecting me. Lo and behold- I'm not the only one! I'm so happy to know I wasn't losing it, and my life doesn't suck- the pills do. What worries me is I'm a healthy woman who is generally always happy, even in the face of issues, AND I HAD A MAJOR DECLINE in personality. What could possibly happen to a woman who already struggles with feelings of depression and anxiety? I was never screened psychologically prior to being prescribed, or afterwards. Judging by the amount of similar experiences, doctors should ask basic questions prior to prescription. Do not take this medication, unless it is absolutely your only option."

MSJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control actually caused me to stop eating and I lost 3 pounds because of it. I became sick every morning and eventually had to go to the doctor to get medicine to stop the vomiting and nausea because I couldn't handle it anymore. I'm not sure if I should even start taking this again due to these issues because I’ve been off it for about 2 weeks and I have barely got my appetite back."

tabbyraine (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL IM BEGGING YOU!! I been on it for a year now. I used to be this extremely happy girl 24/7 until I got on this pill. I got on it a couple months after I got with my boyfriend. Before I was on it me and my boyfriend had a good relationship I was always laughing and etc. well I got on this pill and all of a sudden I was a different person. It took me this long to finally realize that it was the blisovi and I only did because a friend of mine mentioned it could be my birth control. So I look up reviews and pretty much I was having what everyone else went through. I’m always depressed, I constantly yell at my boyfriend over the littlest things, I’m extremely emotional over the littlest things, anger got worse, anxiety is terrible, I have no sex drive anymore, I’ve only bleed 4 out of 12 months while being on this pill. When I did bleed it was blood clots or either brownish reddish color it wasn’t normal. PLEASE DON'T TAKE BLISOVI !!"

Hannah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 36 and haven't been on birth control (bc) in over 20 years. I started taking it for a little over three weeks now and I haven't gotten pregnant but I really don't like the side effects. I went on bc to be able to have sex without worrying about getting pregnant but my sex drive is now non existent, I've also had a few bad mood swings and anxiety and have been withdrawn. I called my dr to see what she says but I think I'm either going to have to switch or get off bc completely."

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is my first time being on birth control and I must admit I can't wait to get off of it. The first month on it was horrible I felt like vomiting the 2-3 weeks on the pills. I was spotting light in the beginning and then it got very heavy with a bad, bad cramping which lasted 18 days .I thought this pill would reduce cramping but instead it gave me a horrible cramping. Also this pill turned me into a different person. The mood swings is kicking me very bad. Now that I'm in two months on this pills it gotten worst. I've had bleeding again like the first month and bad cramping it lasted 2 weeks and it is horrible. Now that I am finishing the 2nd pack of this pill I've gotten very sick and my appetite went down .It made me bruised easily and very emotional. I'm only on it for 3 months and I can't wait to get off of it ,and after that I am no longer taking birth control after all that. The only good thing this Taytulla pills did to me was no gain weight and it made my face very clear, no acne."

unknown June 13, 2018