User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Aurovela 1.5/30, Aurovela 1/20, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, ...show all 105 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 7 reviews 203 medications

3.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 3506 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "As a teen I never had acne or cramps, and once I became sexually active I started taking a different birth control for obvious reasons. After 2 years with no problems, I went off it because I started getting acne. It was only after I stopped taking it that my skin became TERRIBLE. I'm talking a full chinstrap of god awful acne for months. I then went on Lomedia/Blisovi and it slowly but surely cleared my skin up. However, Lomedia/Blisovi completely stopped my periods. Won't complain about that, but it did result in very heavy, thick, constant discharge. I think it also affected my mood. Not sure if it was life or the pill but I became anxious, moody, and depressed. Never gained weight/had cramps but I'm scared to go off it for acne's sake"

Samoans akajsb July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Please report these side effects properly. I also have side effects and am concerned that the FDA isn't able to track the data not reported to them. The FDA is responsible for ensuring that foods are safe, wholesome, and correctly labeled. It also oversees medicines, medical devices (from bandages to artificial hearts), blood products, vaccines, cosmetics, veterinary drugs, animal feed, etc. "

Pleeeeease Read this guys July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Gained about 10 pounds taking this birth control, and I have never gained weight in my life. It helped with my periods which is why I switched to it but made me break out more. Also I took one pill about six hours too late and got pregnant. Do not recommend"

Anonymous July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I went on this birth control about 2 years ago and gradually gained about 20 pounds over the span of 4-6 months. No matter what I did, I could not lose it. My appetite had increased a lot and despite my efforts at the gym, I could not manage to get below 150 pounds. I went off it a month ago and I have already lost 8 pounds and my appetite has gone back to normal. I never had my period at all on this pill and I never experienced mood swings due to this pill. It reduced my breakouts, and it completely got rid of my cramping. I would not go on this pill again because of the weight gain but aside from that, it did what it was supposed to do. :)"

AbigailAnne July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started this birth control about a week ago and 2 days. Today I will NOT ever be taking this pill again and calling my doctor come Monday morning. I took this pill after doing some research and seeing if maybe the cause of my severe depression and anxiety was hormonally related. My gynecologist didn't ask me any questions about my past hospitalizations due to suicidal thoughts/attempts. I read front and back this medication and only saw suicidal thoughts as side effects to the higher dose. Let me tell you this pill made everything 100% heightened. My anxiety has never been so bad. I took lexapro and trazedon together for 6 months and stopped because I couldn't function as a regular person. Talk with your psychiatrist & gyno before taking"

Hailey33 July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "On my 3rd pack, been having light/heavy bleeding since the start of the 2nd pack. I guess I can't really get pregnant if I can't have sex"

Pink butterfly July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was switched to this medication after finding out that Gildess FE 1.5/30 had been recalled. I feel so much better on this pill compared to Gildess. I've been taking Blisovi for about 8 months and have periods that are light and last 2-4 days. Cramping is more mild compared to not being on birth control while the bloating I have in my lower body before periods is comparable to not taking birth control. I experience slight breast tenderness toward the end of the pill pack and headaches for a couple days when beginning a new pack. All the side effects I have had are mild and easier to deal with than not taking birth control, plus it prevents pregnancy."

LG2017 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is the worst birth control! I have been on it for about 2 and a half months and for the first month I had light bleeding/ spotting almost every day. I don't weigh myself very often so I'm not sure if I have gained weight, but my appetite has increased a ton and I am eating really unhealthily. I feel very tired in the mornings even when I wake up at 11AM or later and I feel very lazy and just want to lay around all day. This pill has greatly increased my anxiety which I have normally, and I am a lot more emotional (I cry at almost anything now!). I feel very irritable all the time, and the littlest things can set me off now (I am usually a calm person) I really hate this birth control and wish I had read reviews before I was put on it."

lulu7777777 July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Works as a pregnancy preventive, but wow do the side effects SUCK. Constant pain in ovaries and abdomen, sharp cramps at random times in my cycle, nauseated, bloated, couldn't wear my contacts for a month straight due to eye irritation, chest pains, so so so moody and emotional for NO REASON. I was originally taking Gildess and my pharmacy switched me in September 2016 to Blisovi FE1/20. I was fine in the first couple of months taking it, just nauseous here and there and occasional headaches, it was a good start. Then month 4-5 hit and side effects got even worse. I would not recommend this pill unless you can deal with the side effects. I experienced every side effect mentioned on the prescription within 6 months on this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Junel Fe 24 for about 2 weeks after getting my Paragard IUD removed due to terrible, debilitating cramps (which I had never had before). It's been good so far, although my period seems to have lasted longer than normal (~8 days, and I'm still spotting...) I also feel like I've gained a few pounds (~2-3), which is strange because I've been eating better and exercising more, and I do also feel more bloated. But in terms of everything else it has been great so far, no mood swings/anxiety, no decrease in sex drive, and good skin."

jzh18 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Mibelas since April, still continuing to follow my same dieting and exercise patterns (4-5 times per week). I have gained 12 lbs since then, had terrible headaches and lack of sleep, period has been longer and heavier as well as my anxiety is at an all time high. I am going back to my original birth control, just upsetting that now I have to pay for it or use something that has worked for years with no problem."

neverusingmibelasagain (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Balziva (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I love balziva. I was on it for about 8 years before my pharmacy switched it and had serious side effects with the new birth control. Went back to balziva. I have very little if not no weight gain with this pill, no mouth ulcers like my last pill did, mild PMS, and no cramps. Works great, but once again everybody is different"

Christinaba July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "Most people that are complaining that they got acne using it are most most likely in their first/second month of using it. I'm almost at my fifth month of taking Microgestin and I rarely break out now. I've definitely been noticing that my skin looks better. Also, I have been weighing myself and have not gained weight from it. My advice is, just keep on taking it because most symptoms (mainly the acne part) gets worse before it gets better."

Takes a while to work (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Stay away from this birth control! I used to take loestrin fe which was the perfect birth control, had little to no side effects. I had switched to blisovi due to insurance, as soon as I started taking it I felt depressed, anxious and like I was living in a bubble. I couldn't do anything because all I wanted to do was throw up all the time, I barely could eat as well. I barely lasted a week which consisted of me crying everyday due to how it made me feel and decided to switch back to loestrin and pay out of pocket. Stay away from this birth control!!!"

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill to make my periods lighter and clear up my acne. It made my periods VERY light, usually lasting less than one day of bleeding, and one day of light spotting. For acne it did wonders, but ONLY when taken with the antibiotic minocycline, together. Both medications on their own did not effect my acne, but when taken together they helped tremendously."

Amanda10482 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control for 4 months and it has been great. I had breakthrough bleeding the first couple months but now I don't have any bleeding or period. I have lost 10 pounds because I don't have an appetite anymore so that is great! I weigh 160 pounds now so another 10 would be great. I am definitely staying on this pill"

Sk921 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My wife was put on Junel by her OB doctor and only took it for about one week. It made her feel extremely sick - nausea, vomiting & flu-like symptoms. During the one week that she was taking Junel she ended up developing a blood clot that went to both her lungs and was hospitalized with bilateral pulmonary embolisms. Luckily she recognized that something was wrong and went straight to the ER and was diagnosed quickly and started on anticoagulants which she now gets to take for 6 months to 2 years. The doctors state that Junel was definitely a contributing factor to the blood clots. People frequently die from pulmonary embolisms if not treated in time and now my wife is at a higher risk for future clots...Think twice before using Junel"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Yes everyone's body is different but while taking the Microgestrin pill I had a lighter period which was a plus but I also felt really nausea at times, tender boobs, bloating, weight gain, and a very low sex drive which was the main reason I stopped taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 23 years old and overall healthy. The first six months I didn't notice any differences in my cycle, health, or personality. However, after the six months I noticed chest pain, palpitations, numbness in my extremities that would come and go. I would go to the doctors to get it checked out and my labs and EKG all came back normal. Shortly after these problems occurred I started to become very anxious. I have never had anxiety in the past so I tracked when exactly I was having it and when it was at it's highest. After two months of tracking it, I noticed on the same exact day of those months I had the highest anxiety at the same exact time. Needless to say this drug was awful on my health so I stopped taking it."

Zxcvbnmasdft (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've taken this pill for about six years now and it is a miracle worker. No periods, no side effects."

KatieBird77 July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "I have only been on this pill for 4 days now and I all ready have noticed large cystic pimples appearing on my cheeks and chin. I have never had perfect skin to begin with but I have never experienced cystic pimples nor have I ever broken out on my cheeks. After reading these reviews, I am glad to know that I am not the only one experiencing this. I started taking birth control to help with my heavy and irregular periods but I have ultimately decided to stop using this pill due to the negative effects it has already had on my skin. I personally do not recommend this pill especially if you are starting it with the intentions of clearing your skin."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So I've been on Taytulla for over a month now. I love this birth control! But I must say that when I started out, I had EXTREME fatigue and weakness my body felt so little. But after that I was back to my normal self unlike some other forms such as Nexplanon where you bleed for a long time. I was going to go on Nexplanon but I just couldn't do it worrying about all the really bad reviews so I stuck with Taytulla and it is amazing! I just gotta keep reminding myself to take it everyday and not forget. Overall, would recommend this!"

Anonymous July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Got on this pill about 4 months ago. Everything is fine normal. I'm also on anti depressants for anxiety and it didn't do anything to make my anxiety worse. The only thing that I do not like is the weight gain it makes me eat way more than I do I feel like I'm pregnant. I don't mine the bigger boobs but the weight gain sucks."

Hanbabe805 July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So far so good. 25 y/o Previously tried Microgestin Fe 1.5 /30 earlier this year and did not enjoy effects of that. It has only been one week. I will update upon further time and if any side effects appear. I started one week after my miscarriage. I was 7 weeks. I do not want kids at this time but the emotional toll is still high. It has slowed down and almost stopped my bleeding which is great. SO FAR SO GOOD. I'll update at the 30 day time frame."

Jerica July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started this pill about a month ago, and three weeks into it I began experiencing some of the worst side effects I've ever had. I had a headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, blurred vision, fatigue, and extreme anxiety which I have never had before at this excessive level. I called my doctor and then took myself to urgent care, they were talking about diagnosis from complicated migraine up to stroke. I will never take this again, I would definitely look into this pill VERY thoroughly before taking it."

bc07 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2017