User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Aurovela 1.5/30, Aurovela 1/20, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, ...show all 105 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 7 reviews 151 medications

3.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 79 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 3674 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "There's a character limit so bullet points.. Been on this 2 months Bad mood swings in the beginning, but they went away cleared up acne on my back have had 2 periods in the middle of a pack, so my body hasn't adjusted to that yet This BC worried me at first but now I'm finding it to be positive. My overall moods are MUCH better."

stephmarie0916 September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started taking this drug in January of 2016 and for the first two months everything was fine. After the first two months of having no side effects, things got bad. I got extremely painful cystic acne around my mouth, painful menstrual cramps, headaches, and I went from weighing 150 pounds to now 180 pounds. At the beginning I barely had a period but at the end it was back to being the long and dreadful periods I once had. This birth control obviously did what it was supposed to by preventing me from getting pregnant, but the side effects were not worth it. My doctor has no changed me to Yaz so I am hoping this is a better experience."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "The only reason why I got on the pill was because I was getting my period every two weeks and I would spot like crazy! After my visit with my OBGYN I started taking the pill. Now I only get my period for 3 days and it's super light!!! The major downfall I had with it was the crazy mood swings! I would get mad at anything and everything, one minute I'd be happy the next one I'd either be mad or sad. The pill did not cause me to gain weight, it actually helped with weight loss. I currently am off of it right now and my mood swings are they same as if I had barely started taking the pill and I haven't gain any weight either. Luckily my skin did not flare up since I do have a problem with acne."

Julie Martinez (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for 10 months and I completely lost my sex drive - it wouldn't be a bad thing for people who are single but I am in a committed relationship. The lack of intimacy started to make me question about how I feel and it brought guilt to me. I thought it was normal for couples who have been dating for years but later found out it was because of the birth control.."

vermeilyn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Works fine. And it is the same as minastrin, I don't know if anyone else on here took a chemistry class, but minastrin and mibelas are made up of the same chemical composition, and therefore the same product produced by "different companies". I had no weight gain, light periods that lasted three days."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 18 years old to anyone who wants a teenagers perspective. I've been on this pill for 3 months now & I really like it. The first week of taking this pill I was a little nauseous. I have really bad chronic depression & extreme anxiety & this contraceptive doesn't effect my moods whatsoever. I did gain a little bit of weight but I have always been really small so weight gain didn't bother me. I've noticed a big increase in appetite. My acne has gone unphased. I've read that a lot of people have lost their sex drive while on this birth-control, but it is the exact opposite for me. Unfortunately I've noticed some vaginal dryness during sex which is terrible. But it's lessened my periods to two days each month. I strongly recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This pill absolutely ruined my complexion and muscle tone. It triggered severe melasma in my face and aggressive cellulite on the top of my thighs that I have spent thousands of dollars trying to get under control. I have brown patches all over my forehead, nose and upper lip. It never goes away, the best you can hope is to get it under control. I will have to stay out of the sun for the rest of my life - and I was only 35 at the onset of this. In regards to the cellulite - I eat clean, I exercise daily and am extremely active. My physician agrees both of these side effects are directly related to this pill. Unless you are willing to risk getting two extremely unattractive and incurable conditions STAY AWAY!"

AntiJunel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for about 4 months and so far it has made me extremely moody and have terrible acne. I am 22 and only ever had bad acne when I was an athlete, after that I never had acne. Ever since I started this pill my acne is not controllable. I have huge red zits all over my face and it seems like when one goes away, I get three more. I am also very moody, which I have never been before. I have constant mood swings and any little problem or sad situation makes me want to burst into tears and I am generally not a very emotional person. This birth control has all my hormones messed up and people say it takes time to adjust, but this is ridiculous and it is only getting worse as time goes on."

MykalaS (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking Junel over 2 years now to help regulate my PMS and periods. I only do a seasonal period 4 times a year. It has really helped with me cramps and mood swings. I did gain some weight though... My doctors are taking me off of it now. They want to see if the Junel is causing my high blood pressure or not. If it isn't the culprit I will be going right back on that pill. It worked for me."

VF (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this for 2.5 months now and before this I had the paraguard and I had terrible periods and I would get terrible cramps anytime I was bloated and now I don't have any of those side effects and I am feeling pretty much like myself on this pill. My moods are pretty even, I do get some brown spotting on and off again and I am hoping with longer use it will subside. I am continuously cycling and it might just take a while for my body to get used to it. I can become anaemic easily so its nice having the iron pills hand with this bc. If it is affecting my mood, its making me a little more selfish and thinking of myself more and to put myself first which is actually helpful for figuring out exactly what I want to do with my life"

blix (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I would not recommend this birth control at all. I've taken BC in the past and had 0 complications. To begin, this BC is a low dosage so it really shouldn't have this severe of symptoms. Two weeks after starting this birth control I noticed a huge increase in appetite (causing me to gain weight), I had mood swings, spotting, and fatigue. I am now finishing up my 2nd month and am being stopping this because I ended up having episodes of depression again, heavier spotting (had to wear a tampon), and got acne (in addition to the 1st month side effects). Do not waste your time, pain, and energy with this birth control."

meoff (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So, I've been on this birth control for about 2 months and so far I haven't had much problems with it. I was on Gildess until it got "recalled" and I LOVED it. So until then I have been on 4 different birth controls and I was on the Junel 1/20 for 3 months and that made me gained weight, I was depressed and mean, had no sex drive. So now I have tried this one and it is going really good, I like that I don't take the pills for a week. My moods are normal, I'm losing weight easily, I'm sexually active. But the only thing that sucks is I have back acne and I've never had that before, they're huge zits and super painful so iIwould like tips on how to calm those down! But other then that it's a pretty good birth control so far!"

hollaydeer September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started using microgestin because Aygestin and Ethinyl Estradiol just wasn't working. For the first couple of months everything was good. Around month 5, I slowly started to have mood swings. Sometimes I cried for the smallest things. Then I started to get depressed. Not too long ago I noticed certain pants started to feel a little tight when I put them on. I completely have NO SEX DRIVE. My boyfriend doesn't understand what I'm going through. I just about done with this medication."

I Don't Know What To Do (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This pill worked wonders for 6 months for my endometriosis until it, mixed with anxieties about going off to college and being an adult, triggered a horrible depressive and anxiety-fuelled episode that lasted 2 weeks. I couldn't bear to get out of bed, showering felt like running a marathon, I hated looking at myself, and I cried daily over nothing. I have never had an episode that bad and once I got off of it I felt slightly better, but I ended up having to go on Lexapro! Be careful taking this if you have a mental health condition!"

NickiBunny September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control has worked very well for me. I've tried 3 other oral contraceptives in the past (all for 3+ months each) and I tried the Skyla IUD for 6 months. All of those ended up absolutely ruining my body, my clear skin, and my moods. I became borderline suicidal. My OBGYN recommended me this brand due to its low hormone levels and the fact that it is mostly estrogen based. I've still been having some spotting still 5 months in, but that's my only real complaint. My skin has stayed clear, my sex drive is normal, and I haven't gained any weight. The fact that it's SO EXPENSIVE sucks though. $37 per month...I wish I could get it free like the other forms of birth control I've gotten in the past!"

HannahO September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I do not recommend this pill for anyone in June I started the pill I was only on the pill for 1 week and I collapsed out of nowhere so I went to the hospital and found out I had blood clots in my lungs. I have no history in my family of blood clots and I've never had blood clots before the hospital even said it was from the birth control now I'm on blood thinners for 6 months. Terrible medicine"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control pill for the last 6 months and I am completely miserable. It was originally prescribed as a generic for Loloestrin, but that simply cannot be the case. I have been chronically bloated, emotional, spotting, on top of which I am also experiencing a regular to heavy period. When I was on Lolo I had no negative side effects and it effectively minimized my monthly period. Ultimately, I feel really misinformed by the PA who prescribed this as a generic."

Alice31 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 29 & I was originally on Gildess & I loved it! Suddenly my pharmacy gave me this new pill. Bleh. They told me it was exactly the same but something wasn't right. For some reason Microgestin gave me insane headaches. At first I was like, ok. 1 or 2 headaches every other week is fine. But then it went to 3x a week, then 4x a week! Suddenly I had a throbbing headache that was literally with me for 2 weeks! I thought maybe at first it was my ventriculoperitoneal (vp) brain shunt malfunctioning but I got it checked & it was fine! Then I did some research & found that this bc can cause crazy amounts of headaches. I am so so done with this bc. It's now been a 1.5 weeks since I've been off it & guess what, no headache! Getting an IUD On my next cycle."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Best birth control pill I've tried. More expensive but less symptoms than others - no bleeding, no bloating, no weight gain, no emotional effects despite being on it for 3 years. No periods either which is great! The 'periods' from other pills are not actually periods and are not needed."

Mia Rose September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking Junel for a little over two months now. I switched from microgestin 1/20 (because they discontinued it) to Gildess 1/20 and let me tell you, I'm so much happier with Junel. I loved microgestin and Gildess just couldn't do it for me. Despite taking it every day without missing a day or time, I had break through bleeding and a lot of heavy spotting. But now? I don't have that. I do have some emotional polarity at times because of the new pill and I have experienced bloating (but I also have IBS-C which doesn't help). But people need to realize that you can't bash a pill because it doesn't work for you. It works great for others and awful for others simply because of how your body functions. Junel does its job as a BC pill very well."

BB01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this medication for a little over a year. The first month I was extremely nauseous and had terrible cramps but they went away. It cleared my acne for a couple months but about 6 months into I had cystic acne all around my mouth and forehead. I also found myself crying for no reason and was extremely moody...especially before and after my period. I would not recommend taking this. The only positive out of it was that it cleared my acne for a short period of time."

do not take this (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 19 years old. First birth control pill. The only side effects that I have experienced are that my boobs have gotten bigger (which is good) and I have experienced spotting. Don't really get my periods and my skin really cleared"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So far I havent experienced anything major. For the first 2 weeks the nausea was annoying and the tenderness of the breast, nothing unbearable though. Didn't experience any acne other than 1 or 2. I have gained a few pounds so far Taytulla is great!"

Mfost (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cyclafem 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Cyclafem for about three years and started having horrible cramps outside of the week of my period. It also made me extremely tired and gain weight. I just switched and I am feeling better so hopefully it stays like this."

AnnonymousC September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am in my 40's. I wanted to try this pill to control my very heavy periods. I was a little worried after hearing all the stories. I had a little bit of break out bleeding in the second month but other wise no side effects. The first few months I had a light period for 2 days each month. I only needed pantyliners. I am on my fourth month and I had no period. I highly recommend this BC. It worked great for me. I love it."

Nikemom (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2017