User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Also known as: Junel Fe 1/20, Lo Loestrin Fe, Taytulla, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Blisovi 24 Fe, Junel Fe 24, Microgestin Fe 1/20, femhrt, Loestrin 21 1/20, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 1/35, Loestrin 24 Fe, Microgestin 1.5/30, Alyacen 1/35, Larin Fe 1/20, Larin 24 Fe, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Fyavolv, Briellyn, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Mibelas 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Cyclafem 1/35, Brevicon, Jinteli, Necon 7/7/7, Microgestin 1/20, Leena, Junel 1.5/30, Nortrel 0.5/35, Junel 1/20, Zenchent, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Tilia Fe, Lomedia 24 Fe, Larin Fe 1.5/30, Vyfemla, Larin 1/20, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Layolis Fe, Generess Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Pirmella 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Norinyl 1+35, Gildess Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Necon 0.5/35, Estrostep Fe, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 7/7/7, Aranelle, Zenchent Fe, Balziva, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Nylia 1/35, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela 1/20, Tarina 24 Fe, Leribane, Aurovela 1.5/30, Cyclafem 0.5/35 Kaitlib Fe Tri-Legest Gildagia Tri-Legest Fe Dasetta 7/7/7 Philith Hailey 1.5/30 Hailey Fe 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Alyacen 7/7/7 Gildess 1.5/30 Melodetta 24 Fe Gildess 1/20 Charlotte 24 Fe Larin 1.5/30 Finzala Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Postmenopausal Symptoms 6.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 2.0
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 5.2 6,118 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Lin · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 3, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I just stated taking June Fe Loestrin last year and around March this year I’ve notice a change while taking metformin. Started taking to have regular periods which I’ve never had in my life. Now that i take BC my libido is gone and experiencing symptoms like right before my cycle get sick body temperature increase weight loss still have a little facial hair but other than that I get constipated before my cycle. I went to talk with Doctor but he could only say that my hormones. Having PCOS really sucks and now this”

sunshinelover · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Taking Lo Loestrin Fe was not a fun time at all. I only took it for a week and a half and it caused me a horrible yeast infection, made me cry every day, and made my skin break out, as well it made me hungry 24/7 and I gained weight. I don’t recommend.”

Jordan · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been on Junel fe 1/20 for 9 years and loved it, never had a single issue on it even when I first started. Then my pharmacy gave me Larin and lied saying it just switched names. I stupidly trusted them and took it. I’ve been on it for 2 weeks now and for the past two weeks I’ve had no appetite and when I force myself to eat I feel like I’m going to throw up the entire time and can maybe get a couple bites down. My depression and anxiety has gotten 10x worse and I go from okay to extremely angry within seconds. This birth control switch has been the only thing to change in my life and after reading other woman’s reviews with the same exact story I know it’s 100% the Larin. I know everyone reacts differently to meds but be cautious and aware of your symptoms while taking this pill, I’ve never been this miserable and depressed in my life.”

Anon26 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 29, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was prescribed this birth control Tarina Fe 1/20 after giving birth to my daughter (I was taking Sprintec before pregnancy). I am not a fan of Tarina Fe 1/20, side effects are I’ve gained significant weight, mood swings are terrible, and my period lasts longer than usual. I also have noticed that I will spot throughout the month (dark brown) and there is an increase of milky white discharge. I’d say the only plus is that it does help with menstrual cramps - I can’t feel a thing and it has cleared my skin. I’ll be taking this for another few months before asking my doctor to switch me back to Sprintec.”

E · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “The first day I started Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 my anxiety started skyrocketing. Every day I was on it for the week after that I had to make and large effort to ward off panic attacks and to manage my physical symptoms. My libido also decreased, likely in part because I was feeling so bad but also in part I think due to the hormones. This pill did not work for me. Since stopping it I feel like my normal self again.”

Jen · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 28, 2020

Loestrin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Loestrin Fe 1/20 is the best birth control pill I’ve tried. I was able to skip my periods (not take the placebo pills) and that made me not have any more PMS headaches. No depression or irritable moods like I has on Ortho Tri Cyclen. No nausea like some other pills gave me. Didn’t really change my skin or sex drive at all. I felt like myself on this pill. I did develop high blood pressure after 3 years on it when I went through a time of stress. Not sure if due to the pill, but get regular blood pressure checks if you take any birth control pills as it can be a side effect.”

Cam · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 28, 2020

Larin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “On Larin 1/20 I had really bad mood swings.. so bad that I had to switch birth controls. I became lazy and I didn’t want anything. I became very emotional but I didn’t gain weight.”

Anonymous July 26, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Before I was on the Junel Fe 1.5/30 pill I read these reviews and was so so scared with all the negative things people were experiencing because this was my first time being on birth control. Since everyone's experience is different I was hoping mine would be positive. I have been using this pill for a little over 1 month and so far so good. The only negative effect is that since being on the pill I had slight nausea in the morning in the first week. But I have seen more positive effects than negative. The positive effects I have had were that my breast grew a little bigger (I'd probably say I went up from a B to a C cup), my period has completely stopped with only slight spotting, and I haven't seen any changes with gaining weight, no hair loss, no mood changes, and etc. So far so good! Just remember that everyone's experience is different. You'll find the best pill for you :)”

Anonymous July 24, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was in Lo Loestrin for years but switched to Blisovi 24 Fe. I have been on this pill for about 2 months now. I’ve been having terrible headaches, nausea/vomiting, and my mood has been all over the place. I have anxiety, and as soon as I started this pill I have seen it heighten incredibly. My anxiety is terrible now. My mood swings are almost as bad as the anxiety. I become angry and upset so quickly, and I’ve never been like this in my life. I feel insane and emotional. I’m so happy to know htat I am not alone I read all the reviews on this site because it makes me feel less crazy. I’m definitely getting off of this. Also my face is starting to break out in places I’ve never broken out before (my chin + around my mouth). Please discuss other options with your gyno before switching into this birth control!!!”

My experience July 24, 2020

Microgestin 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve been on this Microgestin 1.5/30 for 2 years now and it’s been amazing! It took a bit for my period to come around to adjusting to the cycle BUT it wasn’t nearly as painful even after the first 2 months I remember being able to actually walk while I had my period. To this day its been amazing. They’re about 2-5 days long now, with light to medium bleeding (medium for me is a super instead of a regular tampon was needed). It’s great I highly recommend. Didn’t mess with my emotions , haven’t noticed any weight gain, if anything I’ve been losing weight ! I’ll say it takes a minute for your period to come around , took me 7 months to get a steady cycle finally. If I mess it up though and skip by accident I’ll get my period in about 3-5 days normally and I’ll feel a little extra on the cramp side.”

Asia · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2020

For Endometriosis: “I am taking this for endometriosis I had the hysterectomy with removal of uterous and cervix and tubes it's day 2 , I had a headache and light cramping was told to take this to stop the growth I have read other reviews and hope this works with no more symptoms I will came back and give full review after my 3 months.”

Ash · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2020

Pirmella 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I have been on this pill for 5 days and still very heavy bleeding how long does it take for that to stop?”

Lauren July 3, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “PLEASE READ IF YOU STRUGGLE WITH MENTAL HEALTH!! I was on Lo Lo for a little over a year and a half. Overall I didn’t have bloating or acne or irritability which was great; however, I wouldn’t get my period for months at a time (wasn’t pregnant but definitely had a few scares when it wouldn’t come). It helped my cramping and PMS symptoms when I did get my period though which was great. BUT DO NOT BE FOOLED! I struggle with depression, anxiety and panic attacks so I never connected the dots that this BC made it worse. I didn’t realize Lo Lo was making me crippling depressed up until the last month on, I had MAJOR suicidal thoughts and immediately stopped taking it and within a couple days I didn’t have those thoughts or crippling depression. Would not recommend in the slightest if you struggle with mental health to begin with as I do. Currently taking a different birth control pill and I feel back to my normal self.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2020

Microgestin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I did not do well on this pill, my pharmacy suddenly switched me over to this drug about 4 months ago. Not to mention about 80% my prescription gets delayed and then I go a week without starting a new set. My first month was pretty standard however I haven’t gotten my period now for 3 months! I’ve tried taking tests yet they all come up as not pregnant. I guess it’s doing it’s job but I’ve never had my period become this irregular. I’ve gained 15 lbs since the switch, I have severe insomnia, and no sex drive what so ever. I get depressive episodes and find myself irritable with my significant other when I don’t mean to be. I just consulted with my doctor and am now switching to an IUD because I’m surely over this pill.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 2, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I began taking this birth control when I was 17 (I am now 20) because my periods were normally 10-15 days long, very heavy, and very painful. Overall the birth control works (I never got pregnant) but I experienced so much nausea and vomiting within the first year, and any time I would forget a pill this same nausea and vomiting would occur. I also experienced symptoms like migraines, bloating, and swelling in my breasts, but my periods were much more bearable. Overall it accomplished what I initially wanted, but I think it’s caused me more harm than good.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was very nervous to start this pill due to the large amount of negative comments about it. I was originally on Taytulla, but that pill caused me to spot each month and I had terrible cramps almost constantly. I was prescribed Blisovi but I put off taking it for three months because I was so nervous. However, I am now on my third month of the pill and I have had no negative side effects and I honestly really like it. This pill has made me feel normal again. I was emotional at the beginning of taking it, but my hormones have balanced out since. The only thing besides that that has happened is that I have lost 10 pounds, which is honestly very nice. For me, this pill has definitely decreased my appetite. Don't let the negative reviews scare you away, it reacts differently for everyone!”

Happy Camper · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2020

Pirmella 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Prior to Pirmella, I had an irregular period and it was almost a MONTH of heavy bleeding (became anemic). Took the pills and the bleeding stopped. My therapist also speculated that I had PMDD and usually during my period, I would have the WORST mood-swings. I've been on 3 packs of Pirmella and the worst thing I experience was the nausea and bloating that was about ~1 week. PROS: - No bleeding - Smaller pores - little bigger boobs - mentally more stable CONS: - have to take it everyday - nausea and bloating in the beginning - looking bloated but the scale didn't change.”

DJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 28, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “A good friend of mine's daughter just recently died from Larin Fe side affects. She was 26 yrs old who had a bad headache, went to Insta Care who gave her migraine meds and sent her home. She had a seizure later that night, transported by ambulance to hospital. She now has a blood clot on the brain and was dehydrated. This young lady had just received two college degrees and lost her life because of this drug. doctor could only say, "it's rare, but it happens" Really?”

RomanCat348 June 26, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started taking birth control at 17 due to a genetic condition I have (Familial Mediterranean Fever). Since I was 15-16, every month my period (the estrogen rise and drop) would trigger an episode. I did my research and got on birth control to stop my periods and since then (I am almost 19) I RARELY experience episodes. Overall, birth control has completely changed my life for the better. Yet, aside from the fact that birth control has prevented my episodes for the most part, I experienced extreme depression, anxiety, and disassociation (brain fog, forgetfulness) the first three months I was on it. Over the course of those three months, it gradually got better. I am no longer depressed, forgetful, or disassociated, but I do experience mood swings, outbursts, occasional anxiety, and I cry very very easily. I have noticed that recently my emotions have gotten worse and I've been on this for a year and a half. I may speak with my doctor, but the pros weigh out the cons.”

bayarealove June 26, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “After stopping breastfeeding my doctor said I needed to switch bc from mini pill to something else. Prior to pregnancy I was on microgestin w/o issues. She placed me on Junel, not sure why but after several months I decided to switch because of the dry skin it would cause down there, inability to self lubricate. I requested to go back to microgestin. After 4 months I gained 6 pounds which isn't bad. But real is a deal breaker for me. I gained 50 pounds in 5 years with depo that I can't get rid of and I'm scared to gain more. I requested to switch to something else but it's only been 4 days but so far I'm not liking this pill either. Feeling really bummed like I can't find something that will work for me.”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’ve only been taking Junel Fe 1.5/30 for 12 days and so far so good. I was really worried because of all the horrible reviews but honestly... nothing has changed. No headaches or nausea... no hair loss, no difference in appetite... the ONLY thing is that one night I did have slight aches in my lower legs but that went away. Also, my breasts are sensitive but not really painful. Maybe I’m reviewing it too soon, but SO FAR so good.”

Happy girl June 25, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “AMAZED. I cannot say enough great things about this birth control. Let me start off by saying, I used to be on tri-previfem for 3 years and it was a disaster!! I had MAJOR PMS symptoms, mood swings, crying, extreme anxiety and anger. I would lash out and get so upset for no real reason. I had the heaviest period ever!!! It lasted 7 days. I knew something was wayyyy wrong and decided to make an appointment at my OBGYN. She put me on Lo Loestrin Fe, and I was very HESITANT because switching birth controls can be a pain in the butt. I was so scared it would make me breakout or have even worse symptoms. WELL LET ME TELL YOU. I WAS DEAD WRONG. This stuff works wonders for me!!!! I have zero PMS, and a 1 day period, sometimes I don't have one at all. MY skin is so clear, I have an occasional very very small breakout but I've always had bad skin. I don't feel like I'm on birth control at all. This pill saved me!!!!”

H · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I am 46 & started having my period every other week with excessive bleeding. My OB wanted to regulate. My breasts were very sore, I started having migraines (ocular). I started getting more anxious & it seemed to peak as I was ending my 1st pack (PMS time). The 1st day of my sugar pill/period time I had the worst panic attack ever-- I really thought I was going crazy. Worse feeling in my life - I stopped taking and just a few days out starting to feel better. I came on here to see reviews & just wanted to say how grateful I am that you ladies share your experience-- the nurse on phone literally said anxiety/panic attacks are NOT a side effect. I really thought I was losing my mind. Love & hugs to you all!”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

Balziva (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I started Balziva a month ago because of my fibroids. I was taking Junel and I was experiencing break through bleeding and heavy periods. So far I've been happy with it. I experienced breast tenderness and fullness. No breakthrough bleeding. Slight cramping a week before my period. My period seems a little lighter than normal. No acne nor weight gain. I did feel a little more hormonal, slightly more agitated but no overly moody. I would recommend this pill.”

Peach · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2020

Loestrin 21 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Chances are if you are reading this review it is because you were like me. I was prescribed this pill and then obsessively looked up reviews on it before I started them. I sent myself into a panic over all the negative reviews before I even took my first pill. Let me just say, I am VERY sensitive to medications. I can't even take Motrin without feeling dizzy. I have been on this pill for 3 weeks now with NO negative side effects. I have maybe felt a bit more bloated during week one. I did feel a bit more hungry every now and then but nothing that an apple or a quick healthy snack didn't cure...Thats it! No weird moods, no crying spells, no nothing. I was scared to death before I took my first pill! But everything is fine! Please don't panic like I did because of all the negative reviews! Give it a chance. If it doesn't work out, you can always stop and switch.”