User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, ...show all 98 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 7 reviews 202 medications

3.9
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 3015 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I read a lot of reviews before I took the Lo Loestrin Fe. No one wrote that it can make you crazy. At first I was feeling good, no problem at all. Here and there I had nausea, but that was nothing compare the cramps I was having before. Then, I started having night sweets... (by the way this was my first time taking birth control and I only took the pills for 6 months). After taking the pill for about 5 months I've noticed that I'm having lack of interested in things, feeling sad, crying, negative thoughts. These thoughts really scared me. All these time I've been consulting with my OBGYN and she asked me if I was pregnant and said it had nothing to do with the pill."

MiaJ January 16, 2017

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been in this pill for 6 months and it's the worst. I get 2 periods a month, super emotional, terrible cramps and crazy mood swings. It's good at preventing pregnancy but I definitely would not recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for 4 months. Before this, I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for a month but it was making me bleed non stop. In the beginning, this pill was amazing. I had pretty much no side effects initially. But just this past month, I started spotting on the 3rd week of active pills. Then, I started breaking out in cystic acne all over my chin and cheeks. Then, I started getting moody and uncontrollably sad. THEN, when my period started, I was in extreme pain. Cramps that would not ease with any pain reliever or even a heating pad. It was so bad. Switching pills next month, couldn't be happier."

lucylemons (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Lo Lo Fe for 9 months now and love it. I was diagnosed with PMDD 10 years ago and tried Yaz and Yasmin unsuccessfully before finding Lo Lo Fe. This has been the only pill that works for me. I actually lost weight after my body adjusted to the hormones. I was on this pill for several years and then took a break for 12 months as I take it continuously. I won't EVER do that again—it took about 8-10 months for my body to adjust and then the PMDD came back with a vengeance. Mood swings, insane food behavior, migraine, weight gain, no sex drive—it was horrible. I got back on Lo Lo Fe last April and by August my body adjusted. Has been great ever since. Only downside is my insurance doesn't cover it so I pay out of pocket every month."

PMDD no more (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2017

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on loestrin for about 3 years before switching to its generic equivalent, mylan. After about 5 years of being on this brand I started getting really bad symptoms (nausea, cold sweats, dropped body temp, migraine) so I decided to quit birth control all together (was on it about 10 years). Within 2 months I gained 10 pounds, particularly in the midsection. At first I didn't connect the dots and started a straight vegetarian meal prep diet and worked out 4-6 times a week. My weight steadily kept going up until I gained about 30 lbs in 6 months, again mostly in my belly. I read up that this is a common side effect of quitting birth control, particurly with the loestrin/mylan 24 fe brand. It's been over a year and still no end in sight"

Anniebear (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2017

Dasetta 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "If you are a type one diabetic looking for a sign this is it!! My gyno gave it to me without realizing that this pill is not recommended for type one diabetics because it causes insulin resistance. This pill is the main reason why my blood sugars have been in the 300s at least once a day since I started it. I've also had consecutive UTI's because of the height of my glucose levels in my urine (thanks to this pill!) and I've had months of tests done by specialists all to come down to my pill being the bane of my existence."

T1DBritt January 15, 2017

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This birth control worked really well for the first few months. I had very light periods, no cramps, no acne, no weight gain, and I didn't get pregnant. This birth control was a miracle for me because I used to have horrible period cramps, and it made them go away completely. But then, about 6 months after taking it, my periods started getting weird. I started getting my period on the active pills instead of the placebo pills. Then, I started getting two periods a month. I would bleed a little bit while having sex. It was so strange. I told my doctor and now I'm switching to another pill. This one was good while it lasted."

Chocolateandtea January 13, 2017

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After reading a couple of reviews, let me first start off that every body responds to medicine differently. Not everyone has the same response to the same medicine. This is my first BC that I've taken and so far I like it. Before I would always have light periods that were either lengthy or off and on so I wanted BC to keep it consistent. Now I have extremely light periods that last barely a day or two. My skin is fairly clear and I've gained about 5lbs which is a struggle for me to keep on weight (5 ft 106lbs). I noticed that I am a whole lot less moody but the cramps prior to my period are more severe."

Carrissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Lo loestrin fe was the first (and will be the only) birth control pill that I tried. The first week and a half was complexity fine and I was really happy that I wasn't experiencing any negative side effects. Then midway through the second week of the pack I started bleeding. At first I wasn't concerned because I knew that breakthrough bleeding was common and I figured in a few days it would disappear. However the bleeding was extremely heavy and clumpy which is definitely not typical for me. In addition my cramping was constant and EXTREMELY painful making it difficult for me to participate in everyday activities. Not to mention that I have now been bleeding for 9 going on 10 days with no end in sight. I am so disappointed with this pill."

Morgy2569 January 13, 2017

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been using this pill for a yr now to have regular periods because I don't have periods and to also ovulate every month which the pill did help me. But the side effects are the worse which is nausea, weight gain, breast larger, tender hurting a lot, mood swings, depression, emotional, change in appetite, nervous, headaches. I'm be using my last two packs and I'm done with the BC pills all together. Hate that my body went thru so much changes."

Honey b January 12, 2017

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control pill for almost a year now and it's been pretty decent! I've had very few side effects and the best thing about it is that I don't get my period. However, my libido has decreased and I've started experiencing mood swings (which is not at all normal for me). So, I'm planning on switching pills to alleviate those side effects hopefully."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2017

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I had a terrible experience with this bc. Once I started taking it, I was very nauseous daily for a week. Once I got my period, it was so painful and so heavy, I couldn't even do anything. I would also get a full blown period twice in one month. My period was never like that before. I stayed on it for 3 months or so trying to let my body get used to it but it was not working out. I started taking this birth control to shrink ovarian cysts. I had two small ones that did go away but I had another bigger one pop up. But Everybody is different. I just felt like sharing my experience. I am now taking minastrin 24 fe. So we will see how this works for me...."

Tories (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control since I was 15 and I am 20 now. I began this bc because my periods were so bad. For about 2 or 3 years I would have regular monthly periods only about 2 days. The last year or so I do not bleed anymore but feel the symptoms of a period. I guess this is a good thing (no period) but I'm in a serious relationship and sexually active and this keeps me on my toes. When I got put on this pill I gained 20 pounds. Not really a complaint it was needed weight. However in the last year or so I have noticed a change in my behavior and sex drive. I'm worried this bc has something to do with it. But overall it has worked for me. I have some anxiety and depression sometimes but what woman doesn't!! Can't really blame it."

Anna Eliza January 12, 2017

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking junel 1.5 for about a year and a half. I didn't gain weight, have mood swings, breakthrough bleeding, low sex drive, but I did notice around my period time I would have 1 or 2 cyst like pimples pop up that took roughly 2 weeks to heal and sometimes left a scar which I'm not prone to acne and have a good skin regime. So I am switching to sronyx (generic of aviane) due to that. Otherwise this was good birth control for me. Didn't get pregnant and had regular periods usually 4 days long and light."

Az17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2017

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This absolutely did not work for me. I had changed from gildess to Junel for some reason by the pharmacist. Within a week of starting the pack, I had daily nausea, terrible skin, and became incredibly depressed. I had awful hot flashes while sleeping. Finally after about 7 months I stopped taking it and asked for gildess back. I wish I had asked earlier, within days I went back to normal and my mood improved tremendously. Would not recommend! If you are experiencing this get off it ASAP!"

Anonymous1109 January 12, 2017

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this pill for 5 months in which I gained 25lbs. I stopped taking it but continued to gain weight. I've gained a total of 60lbs. Despite exercise and diet I've been unable to lose any of the weight. I started the pill when I was 40, I was never in the pill before that. One doctor told me when you start BC in your 40'sit can throw your hormones out of whack. It's been almost 2 years since I stopped the pill and still have not been able to lose 1lb. If this happened to you please let me know"

Sophie010806 January 11, 2017

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for a little over 3 months and I thought it was great at first but after a week on it I started feeling nauseous everyday and so tired. I also get random headaches and I thought it was from a cold but now I'm sure it's the pill. I will be switching as soon as possible."

Hannula January 11, 2017

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I honestly didn't realize how much I loved this birth control until I switched. I'm currently taking Jolessa and it's horrible. Microgestin was perfect for me because I would never bleed in between, I wasn't emotional and I didn't gain weight. I also took my packs back to back for 3 months and I wouldn't spot until I was off of it. Really need to get back on this BC."

LaraDoc January 10, 2017

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: "I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. I have NEVER had acne or oily skin in my life (I'm 25 years old now) actually I've always had pretty clear skin and very dry skin, and now it's filled with cystic acne and it's constantly oily ever since I switched to this. I have given it 4 months because that's what my obgyn suggested, and it just seems to keep getting worse and worse. And not to mention I've gained 15 pounds, and I'm pretty sure it's made my depression and anxiety worse. I go on the 25th of this month to get switched back and I wish I could just throw this crap in the trash but I'm afraid it'll throw my periods out of whack if I suddenly stop taking it. Ugh! It's awful."

Kaylee6651 January 10, 2017

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was started on Gildess 1/20 but then was switched to Blisovi after the recall. I absolutely HATE this birth control. Ever since starting it I have been having moderate to heavy periods twice a month. My cramps have been pretty bad too, the last heavy period I had my cramps lasted the entire week as opposed to going away the second day like they normally do. My mood swings are the worst they've ever been and I find myself crying at the drop of a hat and mad at everything. And just as some of the other women have stated, I have been extremely thirsty while on this pill and I can't wait to change it. The only good thing about this pill is that I'm not pregnant. That's the ONLY good thing about it."

Soulomoe13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this pill after switching off lo loestrin fe for cost reasons and I regret it. I'm much more moody and anxious all the time and I have severe cramps on this pill, while I had none on lo loestrin. I'm switching to a new pill but I wish I would have realized these and other bad side effects were caused by the blisovi sooner so I didn't have to suffer for so long!"

badblisovi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have tried to get on the rhythm of taking this birth control pill. The last pill I was in (Orthotricyclin lo) was perfect. After just one week on the first pack of this, I had tremendous nausea to the point that I had to lay down countless times throughout the day. I stopped half way and waited two months. Recently I just began again. The nausea is not as horrible but it is still there. I feel it more if I have to be passenger in a moving car. I'm not measuring my weight so I don't know how it is affecting me. One odd thing is that after years and years of loving coffee, I find it hard to drink now, it recently begun tasting too bitter or too sweet, which was NEVER a problem before. I will have to find another brand in the near future."

Lolita2555 January 9, 2017

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was put on this birth control when Gildess was recalled. Gildess was PERFECT for me so I hoped that the change wouldn't be as different, but I was wrong. Granted, this pill did a good job in preventing pregnancy and there was no breakthrough bleeding. I experienced mood swings about a week into taking this pill and honestly did not recognize myself. I never understood depression caused by the pill because I never experienced it but this pill literally made my life hell. I was so moody, crying at the smallest things, and my sex drive was GONE. I also had no desire to eat because of the constant nausea and abdominal pain. Avoid this pill, the side effects are NOT worth it. Currently waiting to be switched to brand Loestrin fe."

PharmStudent10 January 8, 2017

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "If you don't want to get pregnant, then this birth control works just fine. Downsides for me: longer periods. I was bloated for a good 2 months. I read to try and stick it out for 3 months and bloating would subside, and for the most part it did. Last but not least, and for me the worst, the CYSTIC ACNE!! Uggghh I haven't have acne in 3 yrs and as soon, as soon! As I switched to this BC I started getting them all over, with cystic ones mainly on my jaw line. I absolutely hate it and will be switching BC this week!!!"

BlairMorgan (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2017

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Terrible! I have gained weight and frequently have stabbing pain in abdomen and lower back, and severe painful bloating!! This tablet is the worst, don't take it!!!"

Mander80 January 8, 2017