User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone systemic

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Aurovela 1.5/30, Aurovela 1/20, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, Estrostep Fe, Femcon Fe, femhrt, Fyavolv, Generess Fe, Gildagia, Gildess 1.5/30, Gildess 1/20, Gildess 24 Fe, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Gildess Fe 1/20, Hailey 1.5/30, Hailey 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1.5/30, Hailey Fe 1/20, Jevantique Lo, Jinteli, Junel 1.5/30, Junel 1/20, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 1/20, Junel Fe 24, Kaitlib Fe, Larin 1.5/30, Larin 1/20, Larin 24 Fe, Larin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Layolis Fe, Leena, Leribane, Lo Loestrin Fe, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lomedia 24 Fe, Melodetta 24 Fe, Mibelas 24 Fe, Microgestin 1.5/30, Microgestin 1/20, Microgestin 24 Fe, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Modicon, Necon 0.5/35, Necon 1/35, Necon 10/11, Necon 7/7/7, Nexesta Fe, Norinyl 1+35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 7/7/7, Nylia 1/35, Nylia 7/7/7, Ortho-Novum 1/35, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Philith, Pirmella 1/35, Pirmella 7/7/7, Tarina Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Tilia Fe, Tri-Legest, Tri-Legest Fe, Tri-Norinyl, Vyfemla, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Zenchent, Zenchent Fe, Zeosa …show all brand names

Postmenopausal Symptoms

Gonadotropin Inhibition

1 review 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 5.4 4,776 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was so skeptical to begin taking this because I read the reviews beforehand but after being on it for a full month now, I can say I think I found the one. My boobs grew just enough, light period, and virtually no cramps. I used to not even be able to get out of bed because of my cramps and it is so nice to be able to actually function the first couple days of my period."

sammmytayytayy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on Junel Fe for almost a month and I CAN'T STOP BLEEDING! On top of the ruined underwear and annoyance, I have experienced lower abdominal discomfort (light cramping), headaches, low libido, and my anxiety has spiked. It has been a nightmare, I plan on talking to my doctor ASAP because nothing about this situation is pleasant."

Annie (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched from the Depo shot to Taytulla because I had been bleeding everyday since I started it the depo. 4 days into starting Taytulla I stopped bleeding! My periods are now very regular and I have not had any side effects other than tender breasts. No cramps, no mood swings, anxiety/depression etc. Many people said that they gained weight on this pill but my weight has not changed at all. I’ve only been on this pill for 3 months so if anything changes I’ll give an update! Overall this birth control is doing everything right."

Rose13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My original prescription was for Microgestin which I’ve been taking for 4 years. When I was given Blisovi, I asked my doctor was assured it was the same formula so I began my first month supply without fear. I began waking up every morning so nauseous that I felt like passing out. I thought it was from skipping breakfast, so I made sure to eat every morning, no change. I waited it out and see if it would pass in month 2 when body fully adjusts. Nope, I was nauseous still & became very irritable. I started going to bed early, but still woke up angry. My mood swings started to affect my bf’s mental health. I thought it was stress so I sought out help to control my anger & anxiety. I got so depressed, I forgot to start month 3. Within a week I noticed I felt less irritated & anxious & my nausea disappeared. My mind clear, I started up month 3 and the next morning it started again. Seeing these reviews has given me so much relief to know I’m not the only one going through this."

Anonymous December 8, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took Taytulla for about 2 months before I started to experience INSANE vaginal pains. Pains that felt like a UTI. I was 18 and felt like I had a UTI every single day. I was in constant pain and my sex drive completely ended due to not wanting to enhance the pain. After about 2 and a half months in I stopped taking it. The pains lessened slightly but were still there. I've gone to countless doctors for these pains and I've had multiple different diagnoses. After consulting a urologist, she determined my digestive organs aren't working together. This is an effect of Taytulla that I live with every day. Now I have to take Flomax and a laxative every day just to have normal functioning organs and no pain. After doing my research I believe its because of such high dosages. Taytulla has completely ruined my body to the point where I can't function without pills. These side effects are still around after almost a year, and will be around likely for the rest of my life."

pain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Has to switch to this after being on Loestrin for years because it got too expensive. First month no symptoms, second and third month I got my period twice. Gained weight and broke out which never happened before Loestrin or during. Would feel sick during my period. Emotions of depression and anxiety would kick in severely before and during my period. Since I would get it twice a month, I would only feel slightly normal a week out of the month. Cramps were insanely painful. Breast became so painful by the third month, just wearing a shirt or bra hurt. I am so glad I found these reviews because I thought I was losing it. After much research I stopped taking Junel the second I realized it was the cause."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2018

Necon 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Used to think it was harmless and used Necon for many years. I got a benign brain tumor called a meningioma. My Testosterone was very high in the meningioma that they removed....which necon has plenty of. Honestly if I could go back in time I would ask my husband to have a vasectomy rather than putting this drug repeatedly in my body. Be careful with HRT as well (hormone replacement therapy) pushed on women during menopause. I have 2 friends with breast cancer after taking it. Stay safe."

Regret Necon (taken for 10 years or more) December 7, 2018

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed Microgestin 1.5/30 (no breaks or placebos) after Trinessa stopped working for my severe period pain/heavy bleeding. The first month I had cramps every single day with no period the entire month. Month 2 came along with a period that lasted 21 days with mild cramps. I contemplated stopping the pill but I didn’t know if it would make things better or worse. I was also extremely fatigued and emotional/depressed. Now I’m in month 3, my breast are super tender every day mainly in the mornings and I’m only a B cup. I haven’t gotten another period but I experienced very light spotting from skipping a pill for just one day — I ended up doubling up the following day. I have no acne but I also never had acne, no weight gain and no headaches out of my norm. So I’m going to continue to give this brand more time to see how my body responds in the upcoming months."

Nivie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this birth control back in April for 4 months. I didn’t have any horrible symptoms, and I got my period normally. Until I started feeling bloated and nauseous. That’s until my dr told me I was pregnant. I had taken the pill EVERY day at the exact same time. This pill failed on me. I was happy I didn’t have horrible symptoms. However, since it failed me, I was very disappointed and upset. I honestly don’t recommend this pill for anyone trying to prevent pregnancy."

Screwedover (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "DON'T TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL!! I started taking Taytulla about one month ago. About a week in, all the symptoms and side effects started to show up. I was extremely nauseous, my depression and anxiety went through the roof and made me feel absolutely terrible. I was having crying episodes and felt anxious about life and relationships. I also have been bleeding for 8+ days with really bad abdominal cramps. I just recently stopped taking it yesterday. My anxiety and depression are still present, my gyno said it could take a month for my hormones to regulate. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

Dasetta 7/7/7 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Dasetta for about a year and a half. I switched to this when I was 17 because I wanted my period pains to stop. After being on it for 5 months, I got my very first yeast infection and had no idea what it was at first. Then 3 months later I started getting both UTI’s and yeast infections at least every 2-3 weeks. Me or my doctor couldn’t figure out what the problem was and I suggested a new birth control which she then thought of nexplanon. Honestly this pill was great besides the “down there” issues. I had a high sex drive, skin was baby clear and smooth and my periods were almost nonexistent."

Erin (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 5, 2018

Nortrel 7/7/7 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I took this for 15 years. It gave me high blood pressure and increased heart rate 102-108bpm. No moods swings or pregnancies. Regulated my period, reduced my cramps, and made my endometriosis go away. I switched to another BC and the high blood pressure stopped and the heart rate is at 100bpm."

Dee (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on LoLoestrin for a year and eventually stopped taking it because of how crazy it made me. My menstrual cycles have always been very bad so my gyno recommended I be on birth control. Shortly, after I stopped the LoLoestrin Fe, I got pregnant for my son. So after I had my son, my periods started to be excruciating again so I started the Junel Fe 20. I have been on it for almost 2 months now and I have never had worse side effects in my life. Extreme anger, anxiety towards everyone around me. I do not recommend this medication to anyone. Maybe my body just doesn't do well with birth control, but I need something to control my heavy periods."

momlife (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for five years. It made my sex drive non existent. I’m 22 years old and that is not normal! It also caused me to get cystic acne on my chin and jawline. I am switching to Gianvi to treat my acne."

Cral (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2018

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Lo Loestrin Fe was my first birth control pill. Pros: it made my cycle 28 days long. My cycle used to be 25 days so I got a few extra days....yay! Cons: It is expensive and worse of all it made me crazy. I have no history of anxiety or depression but while on this medication I felt like I was losing my mind. I had panic attacks, paranoia and the worst anger outbursts I have ever had. I am the type of person who gets angry and goes silent but while on this med I was psycho. I could literally feel myself losing control but could not stop myself from yelling and screaming. Poor hubby suggested that I should stop it and I did. I can’t believe how happy I am. Literally in a matter of days my mental status is so much improved. No more anxiety or paranoia. Yay! I was on it for 6 months btw."

Sillyme (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "TAKE CAUTION. My 18-year-old daughter was prescribed Taytulla three weeks ago. She checked herself into a psych ward today. She never had signs of depression. I am convinced it is this drug. She won't be taking the medication tonight; we will see how she feels tomorrow. This drug has been on the market for less than 2 years. Never again. Report side effects to the FDA: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm?action=reporting.home"

annie1968 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on Loestrine for three years and was prescribed Junel after my insurance would no longer cover Loestrine. I just stopped taking Junel after four years of being on it and I am happy I did. I lost all desire to have sex, often I felt nothing. Sex was more like a chore to please my fiancé rather than actually enjoying it. I often told my GYNO how I felt and she never once offered to switch. I knew at 27 years old this is not normal, I should not have a decreased sex drive at my age. Now that I am off it (only being a week), I feel so much better and actually want to have sex, rather than pleasing my fiancé. I don't recommend this pill at all."

Callie (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I started this pill about 8 months ago. I would not recommend this to anyone with anxiety or depression. I felt absolutely lifeless everyday for months, my head was in a fog and I could not concentrate in class because I was completely exhausted. I believe this pill also triggers my anxiety immensely, I have constant anxiety that I never had previously. It made me incredibly irritable about everything and anything, my family has noticed it having a drastic change in my mood. I also experienced: headaches, irregular bleeding, breast lumpiness, breast pain."

Olivia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2018

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "After not having a period for 2 months andIi wasn't pregnant my doctor put me on birth control to try to bring my period back and regulate it. He prescribed me Lo Loestrin FE after being on it for 4 weeks my period did return thank goodness. I've been on it for about 4 months now and I love it the only thing I don't like is the price even with my insurance its $140 a month which is way too high and I have really bad cramps when I'm on my cycle. Due to the price of it unfortunately I have to switch to something else but I wish I didn't have too."

Lola (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was switched to Blisovi when my doctor increased my dosage after 6 years on reclipsen. After 2 months, I am still having headaches, extreme breast pain, back pain, random spotting (usually 2 weeks before my period is supposed to happen). I have never missed a period in 16 years and didn't have one once I started this pill, but have spotted and had cramps and breast pain throughout the pack. The side effects are terrible. I'm active and eat healthy, but still have constant bloating, breast discomfort and I'm exhausted. Trying to get on a new pill as soon as possible. I I won't give this another month."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was put on this medicine for extreme cramping and heavy periods. I can say that this particular BC has been helpful in making my pain less severe and lightening my periods ! On the other hand I absolutely HATE the side effects. It makes me so moody and depressed and just not myself. I end up getting headaches once a week and all I want to do is sleep. It seems like my appetite fluctuates a lot more now than it used too. It seems like my PMS has gotten way worse on this medication. I’ve been on it for about 10 months so it’s not just settling into the hormones."

blue772 December 3, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I personally love this pill, I have been on it for about 5 months now and I haven’t had my period since I switched my pill from taytulla (which is basically the same thing but my insurance didn’t cover it anymore). No breast increase or tenderness, no dizziness of headaches, no blood spotting, it’s great! I"

Buttacup December 1, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "STAY AWAY!!! SAVE YOURSELF. After taking this BC I began to experience depression & anxiety, then I began to bleed for 10 + days. This then caused me to stress even more because bleeding for a month isn’t enjoyable so my mood decreased even more. Due to this BC I’ve had to be prescribed anxiety & depression meds & was referred to a counsellor. I’d honestly rather be pregnant than deal with constant bleeding & mental health issues."

Gigi (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My dr gave me Junel Fe for my horrible periods due to fibroids. First month was awful. Major headaches, felt like I was PMS'ing 24 hours a day the entire month, major depression, hunger, and cystic breakouts. But my period came during placebo week and I have never experienced such a light period before. Second month had improvement on ALL side effects. Period was still light but it came for a couple days, stopped, then came back. Third month, headaches and PMS symptoms are gone except for the period week, and my skin is perfectly clear!!! Super light period and minor cramping. No breakthrough bleeding but I am very diligent about taking the pill at the same time each night. I set an alarm on my phone so I don't forget. Over all I have been very happy with results. You do have to suffer through a couple months of adjustment, but after that it clears up. The benefits outweigh the negatives. I even started a low carb diet and have lost 11 pounds so far while taking this BCP."

KiKi November 30, 2018

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "At first this was great, but I would have some breakfast through bleeding, fast forward to a year later and I've had 3 periods in a month, I get very emotional and I am constantly cramping and I never did before I started this pill. I would not recommend."

Bb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...