User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone

Also known as: Alyacen 1/35, Alyacen 7/7/7, Aranelle, Balziva, Blisovi 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Brevicon, Briellyn, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Dasetta, Dasetta 1/35, Dasetta 7/7/7, ...show all 94 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 6 reviews 202 medications

4.2
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone reviews 2671 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on many different forms of birth control and this has been the best. I'm 33 years of age and I've been on this a little over a year. At first I had experienced a heavy period on and off the first year but starting January 2016 it became lighter and lighter to now I dont have one. Ive taken the depo shot as well as other birth control pills and this tops them all. I have very bad acne but since on this birth control little to no breakouts at all. I love it!!!!!!"

Ms. OFFICER August 25, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This pill is a nightmare. I got switched to it because they were out of my usual (Generess FE) and BOY WAS THAT A MISTAKE. I went psycho. Seriously, this pill made my blood boil 24/7. I was so pissed off at everything ALL the time!!! I even got in a wreck (1st one ever) and completely totaled my car. Needless to say, my fiancé flushed the rest of them down the toilet. Do not take this pill. Generess FE is the only BCP that has every worked for me, and it is absolutely wonderful."

Emj1234567891011 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

Generess Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I love this BC. Not gonna lie, the first month-3 months suck pretty bad. I was nauseous pretty much 24/7 and spotting for a while nonstop, but it's totally worth it. I naturally have chronic anxiety, but this pill never contributed to it. I actually feel like I've calmed down quite a bit since I've been on it. It definitely helps keep my moods in check and feel like a normal person. I only have a 4-5 day period at the end of each pack with one heavy day, usually. I got on this to regulate my periods. And I haven't gotten pregnant thus far. Never gained weight, never changed my appetite, nothing. I've never had a side effect other than the first couple of months. Only bcp that didn't make me crazy!"

Emj12345678910 August 25, 2016

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I gave this pill 4 months and my face has been progressively getting worse with each pack. I'm also on 75mg of Spironolactone and I feel like that helps some, but not enough. I went on this to help with my chronic headaches and menstrual migraines, but it didn't help either. In fact, my cramps and migraines were horrible. I felt so sick every time I would bleed. I'm getting headaches every day still and I break out constantly. I'm also super depressed and feel down all the time. That just started with the 4th pack. The pros are I didn't gain any weight. My breasts grew a cup size and I didn't get pregnant."

batsy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2016

For Endometriosis: "This medication seemed to be working fine for me in the first couple of weeks. As time went on I noticed I started to get the red, deep and very painful breakouts on my forehead again I hadn't had these in years. My skin has not been this bad in a very long time and in just about a month it made it much worse. Would not reccomend! If you've battled with acne in your past you better expect it to come back while on this pill or get acne you have never had before. Will not be continuing."

Morgan_16 August 25, 2016

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "When switching to a lower dose of birth control, my pharmacy switched me from Microgestin to Blisovi. Within 24-48 hours after my first dose, I developed an itchy rash on my abdomen. I went to the doctor who suspected it was an allergic reaction and prescribed a steroid cream. The rash continued to spread and increase in severity, until I stopped the Blisovi."

Aspalathus (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on a few birth control pills before but none of them ever made me feel like this pill. I've only been on it for 2 weeks and already have breakthrough bleeding! Nauseated everyday since starting this pill, dizzy/motion sickness, light sensitive, and I get angry really fast. Not to mention I have really bad cramps with this break through bleeding. I got put on this pill to help with pms but I am definitely switching. Do not recommend at all."

Btkp (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

Gildess Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Got switched to this one from Microgestin when I switched from my online pharmacy to Publix. Yikes! It wreaked havoc on my health: IBS, hair loss, loss of metabolic flexibility, low energy, weight gain (2 lbs, but it still makes a different on my 5'3" frame)... instead of enjoying my workouts (I'm a gym rat), I was merely going through the motions. My workout intensity decreased dramatically because it was too uncomfortable to push to my usual intensity. I was reluctant to attribute my symptoms to my new pill because the symptoms appeared 1 month after the switch from Microgestin. Still tried switching back and am so glad that I did. I am back to normal within a week. YAY!"

Veggies (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016

For Birth Control: "Well I've been on this pill going on two months now .I get a nausea and back cramps when I take the pill. Now I Spotted for a about week . After that I had sex with my boyfriend and started spotting the very next day for about two and half weeks. Now I will admit I miss my pills on two different occasions, also switched the time I was taking them. While spotting I doubled up on pills to stop it and also took them a the same time everyday. The spotting was often very heavy some days but light others. I stopped spotting two days ago and I thought everything was fine until I went to the bath room and i saw a little red. Someone help how to i stop spotting ?"

Janee123 August 23, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So I have read some reviews of this pill that are bad but my review will be great! I am on my 6th week taking this pill and I'm so happy! My sex drive is back! Acne is clearing! Period is gone lol it disappeared but oh well. (Not pregnant/took tests) Only cons I have were that I do get a tad emotional and cry and little things, I had brown spotting for 2 weeks when I first started it, no appetite,and A tiny bit of nausea"

Alissada (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Pharmacy switched my BCP from Gildess Fe 1/20 to Blisovi. I've gained 10+ lbs in less than 2 months!!! My life style has always been the same - watch what I eat and workout daily. But I was not able to control my body weight. I would NOT recommend this pill to anyone."

Severe weight gain August 22, 2016

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for almost 4 months now and going into the 3rd month I started experiencing abnormal breakthrough bleeding. The bleeding would occur every other day and has not stopped for almost 2 months now. I've also experienced horrible bloating, cramping, and pelvic and lower back pain. My pill is being switched next month."

Amanda2443 August 21, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am 44 yrs. old and had to get an emergency refill at pharmacy in New Orleans. I received this brand and within a week I felt the effects. Acne was the first to come. Then the bloating and feeling excessively heavy. Worst was I became very sensitive to odors. I smelled everything very intensely. This birth control is not beneficial to women. I was happy to finally complete the pack!"

Substitute Terrible (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on this for almost two years now. Remind you I'm 18 now but I hate this birth control! Everyone's body is different but has anyone else had abdominal pain?!!! My boyfriend and I can barely get through sex because I have such bad pain! It's not even cramping which is what scares me. What also scares me is that my period are completely gone. GONE! It may seem like a pro for some but when I miss 3 months and only get my period for 2 days and it's light and looks as if I am spotting... That worries me. I even took a pregnancy test. Multiple actually just to check. I would not recommend. I haven't had problems with skin or weight gain. Actually I have lost weight. But the abdominal pain and cramping. Not worth it."

Calicat99 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this medication for about a week now and my main purpose for it was to regulate and lighten my periods as well as help with acne. After 4 days of taking it, I kept waking up with really bad cramps and brown spotting which is really annoying. I feel bloated all the time and I experience really bad gas pain. I also have really bad headaches and felt nauseous everyday so far. I really hope all this stuff starts to subside and starts working."

Emily :) August 20, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm seeing so many negative reviews, and I understand everyone's bodies react differently, but I have ZERO complaints about this pill! I've been on it for almost a year now (was put on for heavy/painful periods and acne) and it solved all of my menstrual problems! I have not had a period since starting this pill which has been great for me considering how bad they were prior. my acne has cleared, I haven't had mood swings/weight gain etc! I couldn't be happier! 10/10!"

happy al (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I am 31 and This is my first time taking birth control pills. this thing is giving me acne all over my face! Big ones that I have never seen before because I have never had acne in my life. I'm extremely tired and sleepy all day but I am loosing weight. I will have a talk with my GYN at my next appointment,I want something else!!! But I'm stuck between choosing to loose weight or keep getting acnes."

Kontee August 20, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Took it for about nine months and everything went smoothly. My heavy, horribly painful periods suddenly became lighter, shorter, less frequent and less painful. I even lost about 30 pounds while on the medication (I'd been trying to lose weight for years prior). However, I stopped taking it for about a month (had surgery and had to cease all medications), and when I got back on it, it was like a completely different drug. My period went back to being heavy and my cramps even worse than before, but this time it came with intense mood swings. I'm talking screaming/crying one minute, laughing the next. My advice: this is a good medication as long as you continue to take it and don't stop. The hormones will mess you up."

Ellye August 20, 2016

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Menstrual Disorders: "This has done absolutely nothing. I was put on Junel Fe and that did wonders for me: clearing up acne, helping with weakness and cramps. However my local pharmacy switched me to this. I never ever write bad reviews but I feel so strongly about this I have to. My cramps are equally as painful as before going on the pill, my acne has flared, my mood has worsened, and I've had horrific headaches. Totally the worst thing in the world. Now I'm sitting in an 18 hour long car ride with some of the worst cramps I've ever had. No point in taking the medicine for period symptoms of it does absolutely nothing."

Emmy637 August 19, 2016

Gildess Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This was my first time being on birth control. Each month I had increasing breakthrough bleeding until by the fourth month, I bled every day."

L11 August 19, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I just started lolo 2 weeks ago and so far, I've gained a significant amount of weight. I have a fast metabolism so anything I eat gets shredded off the next day. On this birth control, I went from 100lbs to (currently) 112lbs. I will continue to stay on it to see if it'll balance out but if the weight increases more, I will be stopping."

Emily rod August 19, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've had a positive experience with these pills. I am taking them to eliminate painful periods and to balance my hormones. I take the continuous pills, so I never have my period. The first month was more difficult. I had tender and swollen breasts and moodiness. During the second month, these side effects subsided, but I had a lot of spotting. Finally, in the third month, the spotting has stopped. Bonus, I have had an increase in breast size of 1/2 to one cup size."

37 Year old woman (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Acne: "Im half way through my second month of this B.C I've never had acne before just the occasional pimple during my period. I have now got horrible cystic acne on my left check and forehead, I'm 24 and have been going crazy these past few wks trying to figure it out then I read all these reviews an related to almost ever post on here. I'm never taking this pill!!!!!!"

Zimgal August 19, 2016

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The first time I went on birth control, the doctor gave me a one-month trial pack of this along with a prescription. I didn't have any problems or side effects. The only thing worth noting is that I basically never got my period on this, which can be worrisome for obvious reasons. But it never failed me, so I stopped worrying after awhile. I gained a true appreciation for this pill after a switch in job/insurance caused the price go up and I had to switch to a generic. There's no generic for this, so my doctor gave me what was supposed to be the most similar thing - Microgestin FE. So many side effects with that - moody/depressed/tired, acne, headaches, bloating, etc. So I went back to Lo Loestrin FE, it's worth the cost."

ElizabethDB (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2016

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I just recently started taking the Blisovi 24 Fe and am in the first month. I have already gained five pounds. These reviews were very helpful. I just thought I was getting fat. I to work out and eat a good diet as well. I will be switching birth control thanks to these reviews."

Jam85 August 18, 2016