User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Also known as: Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1/20, Blisovi 24 Fe, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Dasetta, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Junel Fe 24, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Estrostep Fe, femhrt, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Balziva, Taytulla, Junel 1/20, Larin Fe 1/20, Necon 0.5/35, Nortrel 1/35, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Fyavolv, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Aranelle, Alyacen 7/7/7, Jinteli, Microgestin 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Hailey Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Zenchent, Melodetta 24 Fe, Wymzya Fe, Cyclafem 1/35, Kaitlib Fe, Gemmily, Dasetta 1/35, Mibelas 24 Fe, Pirmella 1/35, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Leena, Junel 1.5/30, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela 1/20, Tri-Legest Fe, Tilia Fe, Alyacen 1/35, Vyfemla, Charlotte 24 Fe, Generess Fe, Larin 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Brevicon, Norinyl 1+35, Gildess Fe 1/20, Nortrel 7/7/7, Necon 7/7/7, Nortrel 0.5/35, Leribane, Aurovela 1.5/30, Philith, Hailey Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1.5/30, Larin 1.5/30, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Layolis Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Zenchent Fe, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz Nylia 1/35 Tarina 24 Fe Taysofy Cyclafem 0.5/35 Tri-Legest Gildagia Briellyn Lomedia 24 Fe Dasetta 7/7/7 Hailey 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Gildess 1.5/30 Gildess 1/20 Merzee Finzala Larin 1/20 Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms. 75% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 146 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Anonymous January 11, 2011

Femhrt (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This medication completely changed my life for the better. Also having a thyroid autoimmune disease, menopause was worse for me, a bad endocrine "cocktail" as it were, and I was for almost a year brought to my knees with 20 or more knee buckling hot flash episodes a day that caused so much joint and limb pain I couldn't walk, severe depression, was nearly bedridden from lack of energy and episodes that were almost anxiety attacks (never had them before). Within 3 weeks of taking FemHrt, it nearly all ceased. I got my life back.”

Bellamy4201 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 14, 2021

“This has helped a ton with fatigue, mood swings and hot flashes. Hasn’t caused weight gain. It has worked a lot better than the estrogen only replacement therapy that I was previously on. I highly recommend trying for peri menopause symptoms or menopause symptoms.”

La December 7, 2020

“I was very sick after I went thru menopause, I became very sick for 3 years. I kept seeing all different doctors but none of them can help me. I got tiredness, short of breath, anxiety, dizziness, fainting, vomiting. After I tried smaller dose first up to nearly 2 months it worked. My driving became confident again and I got my energy back too. My doctor increased 1 mg to 2 mg doses. He thought I should took this medicine rather than those anxiety medicine, as many specialists recommended and should take it at least 30 years so it can support my bones too. After 6 weeks in total my confident went up to 40% .Now I still keeping taking it. I am very happy with it even though my weigh gain a bit but at least my anxieties are lesser. My sleeping getting better too. So I thought maybe I can help those people who went through menopause like me but never know that this Hormone Replacement medicine can help menopause and premenopause and anxiety too . Give it a go .”

LaurieDP September 19, 2015

“I'm 52 and still get my period every month. I was put on Lo Loestrin FE for peri-menopausal symptoms that were mostly related to digestive issues. Within 5 days of being on this pill, my digestive issues disappeared and my skin started to feel thicker. I was thrilled! By day 10, I started to feel a little itchy all over, but dismissed it thinking it was due to the hormones making my skin thicker. Unfortunately, the itching sensation became more intense and my face became severely dry with what looked like the start of eczema on my forehead. At this point I was on day 5 of the second month and I couldn't take it anymore. I called my doctor and she switched me over to Mircette. The itching stopped when I stopped the Lo Loestrin FE”

Support needed September 24, 2016

“I started Lo Loestrin Fe and on my first pack. Two weeks into the pack, my period started. The bleeding has been nonstop for one week. I haven't even started the white pills yet, and I am concerned that this bleeding will keep going as it hasn't lightened up at all. Trying to be patient and wait out this first month to see what happens before contacting my doctor. I am 52, and I've been put on this to level out the hormonal mood shifts and heavy periods while in this perimenopause stage of life. The Fe did provide an energy boost for me as I was slightly low in iron to begin with. Ironically, this mid-pack period has started and I am feeling tired and have daily headaches. Anyone else with similar situation? Pregnancy is non-issue.”

Anonymous November 22, 2010

Femhrt (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Femhrt worked wonderful. Had to wait a couple of months for the full effect so give it time. The only downfall is that it is expensive and does not have a generic.”

Anonymous April 6, 2010

Necon 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have taken this birth control for three weeks now and I have severe breast tenderness. I have also experienced severe headaches and I am bloated almost 24/7. ”

sue0815 September 24, 2009

Loestrin 21 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Helps cut down on mood swings and hot flashes. Higher dose pills may make symptoms worse.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2012

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Great for hot flashes; however, experience lower abdominal pain.”