User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone to treat Birth Control (Page 2)

Also known as: Junel Fe 1/20, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Blisovi 24 Fe, Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 24, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Briellyn, Mibelas 24 Fe, Larin 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Brevicon, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, femhrt, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Zenchent, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Dasetta 1/35, Alyacen 1/35, Charlotte 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Layolis Fe, Generess Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Pirmella 1/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Norinyl 1+35, Gildess Fe 1/20, Jinteli, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Necon 0.5/35, Estrostep Fe, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 7/7/7, Necon 7/7/7, Aranelle, Microgestin 1/20, Leena, Junel 1.5/30, Zenchent Fe, Junel 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Balziva, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Nylia 1/35, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela 1/20, Tarina 24 Fe, Leribane, Aurovela 1.5/30, Fyavolv, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Kaitlib Fe, Tri-Legest, Gildagia, Tri-Legest Fe Tilia Fe Lomedia 24 Fe Dasetta Dasetta 7/7/7 Philith Hailey 1.5/30 Hailey Fe 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Alyacen 7/7/7 Larin Fe 1.5/30 Gildess 1.5/30 Melodetta 24 Fe Gildess 1/20 Vyfemla Larin 1.5/30 Finzala Larin 1/20 Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Jennae · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2020

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Took a while for my periods to become regular on Taytulla after having paraguard but they finally did and were only 1-3 days and some months none at all. I’m 31 and definitely hasn’t helped my acne which makes me frustrated but to not have a period or have a light one is a win...”

A. August 21, 2020

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was put on this pill by my obgyn for my extremely painful and irregular periods and because I’m going off to college soon. This is the first time I’ve ever taken any form of birth control so I didn’t really know what to expect. I took the pill for a little over a week and a half before stopping because I started feeling some extreme side effects. I was having severe anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts to the point where I had to be prescribed anti-anxiety meds to get me through the day. I couldn’t eat or sleep and some days I couldn’t even pull myself out of bed. I ended up losing about 10-15 pounds. This was the scariest and darkest moment of my life, it felt like I would never get better. It took me months to actually feel like myself again. I definitely do not recommend this pill to anyone, there is better options out there for you.”

Aly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I just finished my 4th month on this Junel Fe 1/20 pill and have been so keen to start a new one. Since the beginning, I’ve had horrible cramps that keep me up all night. The weird thing is that they start about a week before my period. My breasts have been so sore constantly and it scares me. Last night I couldn’t lean forward because it hurt so bad. I’ve been getting yeast infections which I never got before this pill. Not to mention, I’ve been on different pills for over 10 years and have never had issues until this one. I’ve also gained 15 lbs. Not sure if that’s because of the birth control, but that’s when it started, no matter how hard I’d work to lose weight. I’ve never struggled with my weight before. I can’t wait too switch back to one that I trust.”

Jen August 21, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I switched to Junel 1/20 after being on another pill for years. Everyone convinced me to switch, as I was tired and a bit moody on my other pill. However stitching to Junel has been a huge regret. I couldn’t last longer than 3 months on it. When I first started, I threw up several mornings and felt so sick. My skin (jaw/chin) broke out terribly, and I’ve NEVER broken out on my chin before. My periods were heavy and cramps were unbelievably painful. I was constantly crying and my rage was out of control. I have a short temper, but I have never seen myself turn into such a raging angry person over the tiniest things than I did on this pill. My anxiety was awful, my nipples were in so much pain and super sensitive (this got better after the first month or so). Always groggy and tired. Hair loss. Can’t really think of one positive of this pill. Everyone’s different, and I’ve had several friends who love this pill. But I gave it 3 months and couldn’t handle any more of it.”

Andi Boo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 20, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was previously on Sprintec, and didn't realize how depressed Sprintec made me feel until I switched to Lo Loestrin Fe. This one is sooo much better for me! I don't notice any side effects other than a slightly decreased sex drive. I no longer get a period, which is a plus. Not much to say other than it treats me well.”

Fxi August 20, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Junel was great for me”

Spicy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2020

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I can’t even begin to understand how this Loestrin 24 Fe is even consider Medicine. First, previously my mental health was in great place. With-in two months of being on this pill I battle with depression and suicide. Second, I gained weight and didn’t even get my period on my off week. I hate this pill with passion. I believe it should be banned. I believe there need to be more research done in the connection of birth control pills and depression. The pills has torn me apart and now I working to put myself back together. But I know I am not the only one who has had these side effects. Now I am seeing the reviews. It infuriates me that there is not more research done between the psychological effects of Birth control in women. I am angry. I am upset. Please don’t take these pills.”

sydnizz · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 19, 2020

Larin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Larin Fe 1.5/30 has been my second experience on birth control, after I had a terrible 9 month long experience with the depo shot. I have been on this pill for about 3 years now and I haven't had a single problem with it. I usually skip my period if I can, so I love that the pill gives you the option. It cleared up my acne for the most part; I still get a few spots here and there but I'm not blaming the pill. I don't see any negative effects on my weight or appetite. I love this pill, I've never had a problem with it and even when I have been inconsistent and possibly a little irresponsible, I still haven't gotten pregnant, so that's why I love this pill. However, since I am really bad at remembering to take it on time, I'm considering switching to an IUD.”

Sherry · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “My first month on Larin Fe 1/20 was no problems the 2nd month the breast pain and horrible ,fatigue and headaches out of no where started . Then the uncontrollable bleeding for daily heavy period daily. I was weak could not function . It is not letting up I got a doc appt on Monday . I stop taking this pill yesterday . This pill is the worst thing ever. My doc and I will be having a serious talk . This will be the end of me if I keep on taking it . I never ever had any problem with my Ortho novum pill ever . He claimed it made my blood pressure high . Sprintec was awful for me and Junel to . So no I refuse to be they guinea pig any longer .”

Commenter · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “My doctor prescribed this Blisovi Fe 1/20 BC pill because I have secondary amenorrhea. I had a huge concern on the side effects when using the pill, other than the common mood swings, nauseas, etc (regular side effects), I was ‘eh’ about that. So.. The first 2 weeks was pretty normal, up until the first day of the 3rd week, I woke up during midnight I felt like I was dying because I never had a terrifying pelvic pain along with internal bleeding (I have amenorrhea so I hadn’t had regular periods in months. This didn’t go away til a WHOLE day has passed, I also had a loss of appetite because of this pill, couldn’t eat regular (healthy) food right to relief the nausea a bit for 2 1/2 days. I couldn’t continue taking this pill because of that. So to sum it up, it DOES have it’s risks.. I fear to continue taking this BC pill so I had to stop.. (in my opinion) this pill isn’t the ‘safest’... so I’d think twice before taking this.”

BL · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 10, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Currently on this birth control Junel 1/20 for about 4 months now and realized this birth control made my acne HORRIBLE. My jaw, my chin and even worse my cheeks all had a massive breakout. It was so bad to the point I felt I couldn't go anywhere anymore. I also found that this birth control made my boobs bigger which I didn't mind but the acne made me super sad. I also had mood swings and would get irritated easily. If this birth control works for you that's great but really sad that this birth control didn't work for me.”

Indy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 8, 2020

Aurovela Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This birth control made me have the worst acne of my life. It was so bad that I couldn’t push through it and decided to switch birth controls. On the plus side this birth-control did not cause me to have mood swings, headaches, or any anxiety. I only ended up taking the pill for two months because my acne was so awful.”

A August 7, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “If your doctor prescribes this to you, tell them you need a different one and DO NOT TAKE IT! This birth control made me so depressed I felt life wasn't worth living. I would cry uncontrollably and for no reason, had anxiety worse than I ever have and it made me psychically sick. I had my son in April 2019, started taking this 6 weeks later. After 4 months of progressively getting worse and worse I finally realized this was causing my debilitating depression. I started calling counselors and psychiatrists because I thought I was going insane. The same exact thing happened to a friend of mine and the same exact way so I really don’t think it’s a coincidence. I read the reviews before I started taking but figured everyone reacts differently to different things. If you’re reading this please don't take it, it can't hurt to just take a different one. I’m filing a complaint with the FDA in hopes it can be removed and hopefully save someone else’s sanity and maybe even possibly their LIFE!!!”

Lin · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 3, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I just stated taking June Fe Loestrin last year and around March this year I’ve notice a change while taking metformin. Started taking to have regular periods which I’ve never had in my life. Now that i take BC my libido is gone and experiencing symptoms like right before my cycle get sick body temperature increase weight loss still have a little facial hair but other than that I get constipated before my cycle. I went to talk with Doctor but he could only say that my hormones. Having PCOS really sucks and now this”

sunshinelover · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Taking Lo Loestrin Fe was not a fun time at all. I only took it for a week and a half and it caused me a horrible yeast infection, made me cry every day, and made my skin break out, as well it made me hungry 24/7 and I gained weight. I don’t recommend.”

Adina · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 2, 2020

Tarina 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was on Tarina 24 Fe for about a year until I was forced to change because planned parenthood never seemed to have this pill in stock. Overall I like the pill, I didn’t gain weight, no acne, and my cramps were completely gone. The downside was how horrible my mood swings were two days before my period started and how my sex drive decreased. Did not get pregnant!”

MadMandy204 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2020

Brevicon (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I don’t recommend, constantly exhausted on this pill Brevicon, if you miss a pill, spot for weeks on end. Feels like I’m constantly pms’ing from it.”

Jordan · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on Junel fe 1/20 for 9 years and loved it, never had a single issue on it even when I first started. Then my pharmacy gave me Larin and lied saying it just switched names. I stupidly trusted them and took it. I’ve been on it for 2 weeks now and for the past two weeks I’ve had no appetite and when I force myself to eat I feel like I’m going to throw up the entire time and can maybe get a couple bites down. My depression and anxiety has gotten 10x worse and I go from okay to extremely angry within seconds. This birth control switch has been the only thing to change in my life and after reading other woman’s reviews with the same exact story I know it’s 100% the Larin. I know everyone reacts differently to meds but be cautious and aware of your symptoms while taking this pill, I’ve never been this miserable and depressed in my life.”

Anon26 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 29, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was prescribed this birth control Tarina Fe 1/20 after giving birth to my daughter (I was taking Sprintec before pregnancy). I am not a fan of Tarina Fe 1/20, side effects are I’ve gained significant weight, mood swings are terrible, and my period lasts longer than usual. I also have noticed that I will spot throughout the month (dark brown) and there is an increase of milky white discharge. I’d say the only plus is that it does help with menstrual cramps - I can’t feel a thing and it has cleared my skin. I’ll be taking this for another few months before asking my doctor to switch me back to Sprintec.”

E · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “The first day I started Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 my anxiety started skyrocketing. Every day I was on it for the week after that I had to make and large effort to ward off panic attacks and to manage my physical symptoms. My libido also decreased, likely in part because I was feeling so bad but also in part I think due to the hormones. This pill did not work for me. Since stopping it I feel like my normal self again.”

Jen · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 28, 2020

Loestrin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Loestrin Fe 1/20 is the best birth control pill I’ve tried. I was able to skip my periods (not take the placebo pills) and that made me not have any more PMS headaches. No depression or irritable moods like I has on Ortho Tri Cyclen. No nausea like some other pills gave me. Didn’t really change my skin or sex drive at all. I felt like myself on this pill. I did develop high blood pressure after 3 years on it when I went through a time of stress. Not sure if due to the pill, but get regular blood pressure checks if you take any birth control pills as it can be a side effect.”

Cam · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 28, 2020

Larin 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “On Larin 1/20 I had really bad mood swings.. so bad that I had to switch birth controls. I became lazy and I didn’t want anything. I became very emotional but I didn’t gain weight.”

Anonymous July 26, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Before I was on the Junel Fe 1.5/30 pill I read these reviews and was so so scared with all the negative things people were experiencing because this was my first time being on birth control. Since everyone's experience is different I was hoping mine would be positive. I have been using this pill for a little over 1 month and so far so good. The only negative effect is that since being on the pill I had slight nausea in the morning in the first week. But I have seen more positive effects than negative. The positive effects I have had were that my breast grew a little bigger (I'd probably say I went up from a B to a C cup), my period has completely stopped with only slight spotting, and I haven't seen any changes with gaining weight, no hair loss, no mood changes, and etc. So far so good! Just remember that everyone's experience is different. You'll find the best pill for you :)”

My experience July 24, 2020

Microgestin 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on this Microgestin 1.5/30 for 2 years now and it’s been amazing! It took a bit for my period to come around to adjusting to the cycle BUT it wasn’t nearly as painful even after the first 2 months I remember being able to actually walk while I had my period. To this day its been amazing. They’re about 2-5 days long now, with light to medium bleeding (medium for me is a super instead of a regular tampon was needed). It’s great I highly recommend. Didn’t mess with my emotions , haven’t noticed any weight gain, if anything I’ve been losing weight ! I’ll say it takes a minute for your period to come around , took me 7 months to get a steady cycle finally. If I mess it up though and skip by accident I’ll get my period in about 3-5 days normally and I’ll feel a little extra on the cramp side.”

Ash · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2020

Pirmella 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on this pill for 5 days and still very heavy bleeding how long does it take for that to stop?”