User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone to treat Birth Control (Page 4)

Also known as: Junel Fe 1/20, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Blisovi 24 Fe, Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 24, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Briellyn, Mibelas 24 Fe, Larin 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Brevicon, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, femhrt, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Zenchent, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Dasetta 1/35, Alyacen 1/35, Charlotte 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Layolis Fe, Generess Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Pirmella 1/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Norinyl 1+35, Gildess Fe 1/20, Jinteli, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Necon 0.5/35, Estrostep Fe, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 7/7/7, Necon 7/7/7, Aranelle, Microgestin 1/20, Leena, Junel 1.5/30, Zenchent Fe, Junel 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Balziva, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Nylia 1/35, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela 1/20, Tarina 24 Fe, Leribane, Aurovela 1.5/30, Fyavolv, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Kaitlib Fe, Tri-Legest, Gildagia, Tri-Legest Fe Tilia Fe Lomedia 24 Fe Dasetta Dasetta 7/7/7 Philith Hailey 1.5/30 Hailey Fe 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Alyacen 7/7/7 Larin Fe 1.5/30 Gildess 1.5/30 Melodetta 24 Fe Gildess 1/20 Vyfemla Larin 1.5/30 Finzala Larin 1/20 Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

BruBru · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started Lo Lo a month after a partial hysterectomy and cystectomy only to prevent more tumors. The first three months I had several side effects such as loss of appetite, acne, mood swings, and irregular bleeding. By my sixth months my body adjusted well except I would get my period around the time I should be ovulating or the 2nd week of the pack for around 5 days. I stopped taking Lo Lo because of the irregular bleeding and because it did not help me prevent tumors. I have an 8cm mass in my ovary. So I will give Taytulla a chance. Praying all goes well. As with any medication, you have to allow time for your body to adjust. Be strong!”

c · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I'm not pregnant after taking Nortel 1/35, so that's a plus. I haven't had many of the side effects some others have. I occasionally get nauseous and I get a pretty annoying headache during the placebo week, but other than that I have 0 complaints. It's important to remember everyone reacts differently to medications.”

Nena · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 10, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I've been taking this pill for over a year now. Sadly gained more than 20lbs from this. Super abnormal for me and it's so hard to lose this weight. Constantly nauseous even after months of taking it, even when taking it at night. I'm a very happy person and now I have days of depression. I've been sleeping more and feel unmotivated. I have unreasonable anxiety levels. I've never been an anxious, nervous or sad person. I've even been losing more hair than usual! Nortrel has been horrible to me! This birth control was prescribed because I had really heavy bleeding from the nuvaring and experienced a bit of anemia (gone now). It has regulated my period to super light but it's not worth it when there are so many options. Finally switching to another pill!!”

melanie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I am anemic and would pass out on my period from blood loss. I am quite small and am in shape so it was insane to be losing that much blood every month. I have had no side effects from Lo Lo and I am on my seventh pack right now. My skin has actually improved if anything. No appetite changes and sex drive is still good. Still get my PMS moodiness a day before my first placebo pill but I barely have a period now. I understand that everyone is different and there have been some poor experiences but I would recommend this to anyone struggling with heavy periods and anemia.”

hey · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This pill is HORRIBLE!!! I had been on a birth control for about 2 years before it that eventually gave me hyperpigmentation so I switched time a lighter hormone. I have been taking LoLo for 3 months (going on my 4th) and I have not got my period yet (I’m not pregnant) I still break out during the time I would get my period. This month I had breakthrough bleeding but it lasted one day. I am now working on switching pills, this was not the one for me and only made me feel like I had gained weighted and lowered my self esteem immensely.”

BC user · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 9, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve tried several types of birth control and this was the only one that didn’t give me terrible side effects. I works very well. The generic brand, Lerin was terrible for me but the brand name was great!”

Time June 8, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Hi everyone, well I took this pill Junel Fe 1.5/30 for about 6 months no side effects however it’s left me with no period. It’s been 4 months post Junel fe. I don’t think I’m pregnant ( negative pregnancy test) but I’ve been reading reviews and I haven’t seen any reviews like mine. My stomach as grown a bit :/I know you probably saying I just go to the doctor. It’s the downfall of not having health insurance I can’t afford it. That’s was probably too much information anyways have a bless day”

Mere · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2020

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Don’t let reviews scare you off, I know that they are different for everyone but when I read these before I started taking it I was terrified. I love Taytulla! I went from horrible cramps and horrible heavy 10 day periods to basically 1-3 days with no cramps at all. At the beginning I did have my period twice a month but once my body adjusted it was great. I had 0 Weight gain just occasionally a little bloated. Periods so much better and I was very scared of the hormones making me crazy but they did not at all. This birth control is great”

hello June 8, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This will be my 3rd year on this birth control Junel 1/20 & it has worked well for me so far. I was prescribed this my freshman year of college & I am now a senior. It did an amazing job of regulating my period & making them super light & short. As of this year, I’ve noticed that nothing with my periods has been consistent. In January & February my period was heavy & lasted a full week - this never happened before. In March, I completely missed my period - also has never happened before. In April & May my period came as normal but this month my boobs have been very sore & tender for weeks. I am not pregnant (got my period + negative tests), I am starting to wonder if the pill is causing all of these changes. My hormones have never been this bad & I am starting to get so much anxiety recently. Hoping to talk to my doctor to see what’s up. Overall, this really did work for me when I was younger. In my 20’s now and wondering if it’s time to switch it up & get a new medication.”

JW · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2020

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “My doctor switched me to this pill to try to relieve perimenopausal symptoms by giving me more estrogen. While I don't have night sweats anymore, that gives it a 2 rating. But my periods are extremely painful and mid-cycle I get extreme cramps too with spotting. I also immediately gained 5+ lbs. It's been almost 6 months and this is the worst!”

realname · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Junel Fe1/20 has been absolutely awful for me. The first few weeks I felt mostly okay, my sex drive was normal and I felt a little more emotional than normal but nothing too extreme. Then I had the most intense body aches I’d ever experienced. I was unable to move from my bed for almost a week. No position was comfortable, nothing helped, and I just cried all day. I experienced a lot of breakthrough bleeding and my breasts became incredibly sensitive and sore and have stayed like that the entire time I’ve been on the pill. The second month in I started experiencing intense panic attacks and OCD like symptoms as well as severe depression. This has lasted through the third and forth months and I haven’t gone a day without weeping or having a panic attack in two months. My appetite has been gone for about a month now too. Zero sex drive, lots of dryness. Overall it’s been absolutely awful and I would not recommend at all. I’ve never been so mentally unstable in my life.”

Anon · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 6, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “The Tarina Fe 1/20 was the first birth control pill I’ve gotten on. It wasn’t too bad. All though I gained around 10 or 15 pounds after being on it for a year (recently just started the Blisovi Fe pill), it did clear up my acne pretty good. But I would get very emotional at times where I would literally tear up for the slightest thing then become moody the next second. My period was only 4 days instead of being 7 days and I would get cramps but they weren’t too bad and my periods weren’t too heavy but not too light. Also my sex drive didn’t decreased! Hopefully this helps someone! :)”

Emma June 6, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “READ IF YOU'RE A YOUNG WOMAN LOOKING FOR BIRTH CONTROL!! I’ve been on Lo loestrin Fe for a year now, and I really like it. I had no acne breakouts, weight gain, and no serious depression or anything. The only thing is that sometimes I will cry a lot and become a bit sensitive. I started lolo for prevent pregnancy and everything has been good so far. I have not gotten my period, or spotted once since being on this pill which is a bit strange but the doctor said it was normal. I would definitely recommend this to anyone young (I am 18) if you are looking for a pill. I know reviews can be really intimidating but you really have to try the pills for yourself and see what is best for your body!”

AL · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Horrible. Do not recommend. At all. Save yourself. Just started month 3 and it has been AWFUL. So glad I found this. I've had about every side effect but abnormal bleeding. Haven't been able to have sex for over a month because of vaginal dryness/inability to get wet/loss of interest (just ended month 2 yesterday). Sex was great until this pill! My Side Effects: major vaginal dryness (going on 3 months), no sex drive/interest/pleasure, breast tenderness/PAIN/enlargement, nausea, headache, bloating, fetal-position cramps, mental changes/mood swings, trouble concentrating, tired/weak ALL of the time, irritable, anxious, discouraged, I could go on. I was starting to question myself, my body, my mind, my relationship, felt like I just could NOT get better. I'm disappointed it took me so long to realize this was the only change. Good thing is I'm not pregnant.. but hard to get pregnant when you can't have sex (insert shrug emoji)”

P.D · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on this pill Junel Fe 1/20 for 6 months because my insurance stopped covering my previous birth control. I’ve been on birth control for about 6 years now and I’ve never experienced any weird side effects until I was switched to this pill. I began to suffer from migraines every time I was on my placebo pills, breasts were super tender before I got my period, I didn’t feel like myself got mood swings and irritated by things that us usually wouldn’t bother me. Also lost my sex drive ALOT. Overall my experience has been great and I’ve chosen to switch to a different birth control pill.”

EV · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 4, 2020

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Been on this generic Ministren for a while now. I didn't have any side effects transitioning onto Mibelas, as it is the same amount of active ingredient. I love this pill because I don't suffer severe PMS symptoms and I do not get pregnant. I also rarely get a period at all. I jokingly refer to it as being "on my fake period" because I do not bleed. I do get a little moody or anxious 2 days before I start the sugar pills. However I immediately feel better once I start a new pill pack. I normally wait the 4 days to allow my body to reset but even so, I don't bleed. I am 30 now and have been on BC for almost the majority of my life. It's a luxury to not worry about becoming pregnant.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 4, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started on this BC Blisovi 24 Fe after having my 3rd child. She’s a year old and within the last year I have developed severe anxiety, depression, outbursts and mood swings. To the point I feel like I’m going crazy and I can’t get a grip. I’ve been so up and down. I had no idea why I felt like this until I stopped taking it for a week and a half then started back and all my symptoms came back. It’s taken a toll on my kids, my marriage and myself as I kept thinking I wasn’t worthy of being a wife, mom and I just didn’t want to be here! I’m so glad I figured out it was the birth control making me feel this way cause I have been on a down hill spiral!!”

bsmith · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Junel Fe was my first birth control and at first it worked really well for me. However, I soon noticed that it made my acne terrible. My periods started to get more irregular, they almost never came on my placebo week. It also made me cry almost daily for no reason, I was just really sad all of the time. When I stopped taking it my acne decreased and I didn’t feel the urge to cry all of them time. Works differently for everyone, but it wasn’t terrible compared to other birth controls I’ve taken.”

Heyy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “So I’ve been using this for about 4 months and it’s been really good for me and has helped me with my acne I haven’t gained any weight my periods are better I definitely would recommend this one but it may not be the best for you but for me it’s perfect I haven’t gotten pregnant while being on it and I do the pull out method”

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I experienced weight gain, water retention and enlarged uterus. However, the acne cleared and I did not experience any mood swings as I have done with other birth controls.”

anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was only on this BC for a month and I had to stop. I was on Natazia for 8-ish years, and after some issues with my period being inconsistent my obgyn suggested to switch. My mood swings were insane. I was happy one second and then insanely mad the next. I would stay mad for days, and the smallest things would irritate me. I’ve been off this BC for a week, and I’m already feeling more like myself. I still get agitated now and then, but I’m also still on my period, so I’m just contributing that to PMS. I didn’t gain weight, but I also didn’t lose weight. I’m on weight control medicine to help me lose weight, and generally I lose around 10 pounds a month, but this month I lost nothing and I honestly contribute that to the BC. This pill is making me strongly considering getting off of BC for good or to go back to Natazia and deal with inconsistent periods. I do NOT recommend.”

Anonymous June 3, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “First month on Lo Lo was great, bad side effects started hitting month 2. Depression, not wanting to leave bed in the morning tiredness, no motivation in the mornings, blood clots in my veins, zero appetite. It really helped with other things but overall the side effects were more .. had to stop it and I went back to feeling normal the next day of quitting”

Mars Jazz · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 3, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on this birth control for a year now. My skin is clear and I haven’t had a pregnancy. Because of this I have been pretty happy with it until I realized I gained 25 lbs. For perspective, I started at 115 so 25 lbs is a huge gain for me. I started researching side effects of this birth control and I realized that this is likely the cause of other issues in my life. My sex drive has been at an all time low. I don’t want to give or receive oral, sex feels like a chore, and I’m not even turned on by the thought of it anymore. Additionally, my breasts are constantly sore. Lastly, I had to get prescribed an anxiety medication a few months ago. I have always had anxiety but I have been able to keep it under control until recently. If I was cognizant of these symptoms a while back I would’ve stopped. I’m so discouraged that this birth control could’ve disrupted my relationship and my self esteem.”

Tyty June 1, 2020

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Worst pill ever. Taken it for the past 5 months- causes weight gain and depression, but the worst thing is that I am bleeding CONSTANTLY. I will literally bleed 22 days of the month and spot for another 6. I'm about ready to tear my uterus out.”

Steph June 1, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was extremely skeptical to start taking birth control. I have struggled with pretty severe anxiety, depression, mood swings, and suicidal tendencies for a long time. After reading many negative reviews of a variety of brands, I was very reluctant to try it. I've been taking Blisovi 24 Fe for a month now and I am shocked by the results. I am the happiest and most even-tempered I have been in a very long time! I no longer have moods swings, I have not had any suicidal thoughts, and my depression and anxiety have slowly faded away. I have been prescribed actual anti-depression/anxiety meds in the past which only made me worse, so I am so shocked that this pill actually helped me! I don't think there's any telling how you will react to the pill or a certain brand of it until you try it. But if you are scared to, don't be! I'm so happy I decided to push past my fears and give it a try! Worst comes to worst, you can just stop taking it.”