User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone to treat Birth Control (Page 6)

Also known as: Junel Fe 1/20, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Blisovi 24 Fe, Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 24, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Briellyn, Mibelas 24 Fe, Larin 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Brevicon, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, femhrt, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Zenchent, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Dasetta 1/35, Alyacen 1/35, Charlotte 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Layolis Fe, Generess Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Pirmella 1/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Norinyl 1+35, Gildess Fe 1/20, Jinteli, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Necon 0.5/35, Estrostep Fe, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 7/7/7, Necon 7/7/7, Aranelle, Microgestin 1/20, Leena, Junel 1.5/30, Zenchent Fe, Junel 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Balziva, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Nylia 1/35, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela 1/20, Tarina 24 Fe, Leribane, Aurovela 1.5/30, Fyavolv, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Kaitlib Fe, Tri-Legest, Gildagia, Tri-Legest Fe Tilia Fe Lomedia 24 Fe Dasetta Dasetta 7/7/7 Philith Hailey 1.5/30 Hailey Fe 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Alyacen 7/7/7 Larin Fe 1.5/30 Gildess 1.5/30 Melodetta 24 Fe Gildess 1/20 Vyfemla Larin 1.5/30 Finzala Larin 1/20 Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Jewel · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have PCOS and my doctor decided to put me on this and try it out. I have very irregular periods and was hoping that birth control could help manage my PCOS. After about 3 months on this pill I had gained a rapid amount of weight and my periods were so bad that I would be crying in pain! I finally had had enough and changed to a different birth control and I feel amazing!”

Des · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 2, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on this pill for almost 5 years now. No weight gain, no negative side effects, and super light periods. I can’t imagine taking anything else!”

JC May 1, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I had to go off of Blisovi for anxiety/depression that the pill caused me to have after about 7-8 months of being on it without any previous mental health history before then. I took a break from birth control pills to let my body re-regulate without the birth control and went on fluoxetine to help control the anxiety. I went off of fluoxetine and was prescribed Junel even though it's a generic from Blisovi, and was told there is still a slight a chance I wouldn't notice any side effects with this pill. However, after being on the pill for a week and 1/2 I stopped mid-pack because I already had two days in a row this week where I felt a random spike in anxiety and struggled to feel as motivated. I noticed myself a lot more down and moody for no reason as well. Do not be afraid to prioritize your mental health over anything, because I would rather experience the most painful periods and always use condoms over ever having the same feeling that Blisovi and Junel made me feel ever again.”

MissPretty · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I took this birth control Junel Fe 1/20 for 3 months it worked however the side effect for me was it made my acne worse. Once I stopped taking it my acne was better within days. Other than that it wasn’t completely bad I didn’t have any other side effects.”

Floella April 30, 2020

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This pill worked well for me. I was first put on the pill to help heavy periods and for contraception. I’ve tried various brands with bad side effects until this one that I was on for 2 years. Loestrin really agreed with me! I didn’t get any spotting, no skin problems and I found it easier to lose weight with a small amount of effort. It didn’t help much with my heavy periods but no pill has. It was good being able to control when my period came. You have to be quite accurate with when you take it everyday though. You also have to give it about 4 months to settle. The mini pill before this which was horrific. The mini pill gave me oily skin, acne and greasy hair within hours of washing. Loestrin was a relief and stopped all those symptoms. I’ve now been off the pill for a year as I wasn’t having sex that much and wanted to see what I’m like natural after 10 years of various pill taking. It’s made me realise how much Loestrin helped with my skin and weight!”

Nicole April 30, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “If you have bad hormonal acne, please read! Recently, I have been dealing with terrible hormonal acne around my mouth and chin, basically my whole lower face was absolutely terrible. After using Clindamycin Phosphate and Tretinin gel along with Minocycline topical for 2-3 months I saw no result. Finally asked the Dr to prescribe me birth control and within 3 weeks of using it, I began seeing some improvement. It’s now two months later (still early) but my skin has changed DRASTICALLY. I now have hardly any active acne, maybe 2 or 3 bumps overall. Now, the rest of my past acne is just fading acne scars now. I am still using the other treatments paired with this birth control, but I did not start seeing improvements until I began taking this pill. My skin is getting so much better. I will update this in a few months when hopefully my acne is gone. If you have bad acne, take the leap of faith! :)”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on this medication for almost 6 months. This pill finally stabilized my periods. Everything was going good until the 4-5th month I began experiencing a horrible increase in appetite. I noticed I gained weight on my face and that my acne got much worse especially on my neck (which I never used to get). Being such a low dosage, I didn’t expect for this pill to have such a high impact on my body but I was wrong. Birth control works differently on everyone but I still would not recommend this pill.”

Lovelybuds April 28, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on Tarina Fe 1/20 for close to 2 months and I puke every night because of it I don’t know if that’s normal but it’s very annoying”

L April 28, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “5 months ago I got on Junel to regulate my irregular/heavy periods which never happened and the last two months I was on it I had 2 very long breakthrough periods that lasted from 14-21 days. This was the first BC I had ever taken so the hormones was something I was not used to but did adjust to, I noticed I was more emotional and would get upset about things more than ever but eventually that passed but I did have more energy. I didn’t really gain weight but I did notice that I would eat more than usual. As far as acne I would get a pimple here and there but never bad breakouts. Junel did help decrease the pain in my cramps, it never shortened my period but it did make it lighter. It caused my boobs to always be tender all the time, it also decreased my libido. Overall I don't hate Junel it just didn’t really work out for me. The only reason I am being taken off of Junel is because of the breakthrough bleeding and was advised that isn’t normal for that to happen so often.”

Lj94 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 25, 2020

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Great experience throughout 4 years of use - the first and only form of BC I’ve ever used. Starting on BC I was prescribed Minastrin 24 Fe, then sometimes I get sent generic, sometimes Mibelas 24 Fe (it’s all exactly the same, just different manufacturers). Slight mood swings and spotting in the first few months starting out, but felt totally normal again soon after. No weight gain, no unusual skin reactions, nothing. Going 4 years strong and the experience taking this BC has been seamless in my life. Unfortunately, usually only the rare few dissatisfied individuals leave reviews, so I wanted to speak up to praise this product.”

E · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

Nortrel 7/7/7 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Just say No! I am not able to sleep at night Always tired probably bc I can’t sleep Have headaches I’m always hot My appetite increased No sex drive Just say NO, but I guess everyone is different. Not for me.”

Sullivan · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 23, 2020

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This birth control is the best! I had pretty bad acne, maybe borderline cystic, and ever since starting this birth control Mirabelas 24 FE , my skin has been clear! It also helped me put on weight because I was on the skinnier than average side. I also don’t get period, which I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing, but for me, it’s good because I get zero cramps as opposed to the TERRIBLE cramps I used to get. Just consult with your Gyno first!”

Az123 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 23, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on this pill Tarina FE 1/20 for almost two years now. I have never been on a pill where I still felt like myself. The first few months I was on it, it took some time for my body to handle the hormones and some nausea, but afterwards I was fine. I also lost close to 15 lbs when starting the pill, I will say the only bad thing about it was not having a big appetite, the longer I was on it however, that changed. I also have my period regularly on the sugar pill week, and experience no side effects to it anymore. I love this pill/form of birth control, I have never been on a form of birth control where I didn’t feel overwhelmed with emotions, Tarina Fe on the other hand has allowed my mental health to remain as was, even while on it. I’m happy, feel energized, and I will never go back to another form of pill or birth control ever again.”

Grammy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started taking this medicine Nortrel 1/35 in January 2020 it is now April 2020 and I have gained 20 pounds since being on this medication. I will be stopping after this pack is over. When I initially started I had the worst cramps and nausea. It did get better and served its purpose. But a side effect of weight gain is not my favorite.”

SunnyMae April 22, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I began taking LoLo to help with severe PMS symptoms. I was totally fine the first 3 weeks of taking my first pack but as I started into my 4th week I began breaking out in a rash all over my arms, legs, and even my ears. Literally overnight I got horrible stomach cramps and breast tenderness that was so bad it kept me from sleeping. And it never went away! My appetite has been through the roof and I'm constantly tired. Not only did it not help my symptoms it made things 10 times worse. After two months of being in constant pain I can't take it anymore. I'll be moving on to something else.”

Marissa April 22, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “One of the worst birth controls. I’ve been on Larin fe for a month now and I’ve already gained 6 pounds. I always feel bloated and myself esteemed has dropped to a whopping zero. I was on Junel fe before this but my insurance stopped covering And they said this was the generic brand but that doesn’t seem right. I’ve been crying about myself, I’m always worried about my weight and it’s horrible. Definitely not recommend but at least I’m not pregnant even though I feel and look it.”

gal123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2020

Aurovela Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been taking this birth control for 2 months now!! I really like! I am 21 and I have been so nervous to get on birth control for forever. So far, I have not had any side effects other than my breasts being sore. I definitely recommend this for birth control.”

Haille April 19, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I wanna start by saying EVERYONE has a different body. My sister takes the generic brand of Loestrin and LOVES IT!! My friend got the shot and swears by it. I only took the pills for 12 days and I’m stopping MID PACK. Here is what I noticed. 1. I was getting cramps and they hurt kind of bad. 2. I was nauseous and didn’t want to eat sometimes because I was scared to vomit. 3. I have started spotting and not stopped yet 4. I am breaking out again and I have always struggled with acne. I got my skin clear a bout a year ago with spironolactone and epiduo so seeing my skin sh*t itself in 12 days was the one of the last straws. LASTLY my mother said she gained weight on BC so considering genetics I wanted to keep my body how it was. I called a pharmacist and he told me the worst thing that would happen if stopped mid pack would be mood swings due to an imbalance of hormones. Good luck ladies !!”

Mhm · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I had been on less strong pills before switching to this one, and I wish I never switched. This pill is absolutely awful. Prolonged bleeding and continuous spotting, terrible. TERRIBLE. constipation and bloating, and extreme anxiety and depression. Only pro is that my skin has been doing better. I wouldn’t give this pill to my worst enemy.”

Furious April 11, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “My 18 year old daughter was prescribed Larin Fe 1/20 to control cramping and acne. This was in May 2019. In September 2019 while at college she was complaining of shortness of breath. The school's health center gave her an inhaler. By October she was having trouble breathing walking around campus. On October 18th she called me and said she couldn't walk to her bathroom without feeling like she couldn't breathe. She went to the heath center, which sent her directly to the Emergency Room. She was diagnosed with bilateral Pulmonary Embolisms!!!! All a result of taking this drug. She had no other social or medical factors that would have given her these embolisms. She ended up in a cardiac cath lab and ICU to pump medicine into her lungs to dissolve these clots. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE. If this could happen to my daughter, who was a very active, athletic 18 year old - who never smoked or vaped and no family or medical history - this could happen to you!!!!”

Kenzie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been taking this Tarina Fe 1/20 pill for 4 months now. My periods have definitely become a lot lighter since taking the pill. They were irregular for the first two months but the last couple of months they have been normal and are lighter than they used to be. The pill has caused me to gain some weight (about 5 pounds) since I started taking it. This all happened within the first month and my weight has stayed the same since. The pill does cause some random cramps. But it does everything it’s supposed to do.”

Pyper · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have taken this birth control before and I was not a huge fan so I decided that when I need to start taking it again I would. After about 6 months I decided to get back on birth control. This time around less than a week later I started experiencing horrible mood swings. I have depression and multiple anxiety disorders and since starting this pill it made them all so much worse. I also got really bad sweats and my acne got worse. I didn’t notice any weight changes. I also experienced spotting this time around which was odd. I would not recommend this to a friend.”

Sore Titties · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been taking Junel fe for almost 3 months now and the only problem I’ve had was sore breasts. My period came the first month but the second month I only bled the first day and spotted throughout the rest of the 7 days. I also had mood swings the first month but after that I was fine.”

Ohiogirl April 7, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I wanted to share my experience with this birth control because of the bad reviews. I’ve been on it for about two months now and the only bad side effect I’ve had is sore breasts (they are REALLY sore before my period, to the point I need to put ice on them). Other than that, I’ve really liked this pill. I’m a 23 y/o with an average diet and I workout 3-4 times a week. I haven’t had any weight gain or issues with cravings on it yet. My sex drive doesn't feel like it’s changed, but I also have a pretty high one so maybe it’s just become more normal. I had some light spotting when I first started the pill but it regulated quickly. I previously took Camilla and spotted ALL the time, even after using the pill religiously for a year. My gynecologist said it’s possible on June that I’ll get to the point where I have no periods at all. Overall, I’ve had a pretty good experience so I would just recommend trying it if your doctor thinks it could work best with your body.”

jaylajada · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “So I recently had to switch to this birth control Junel Fe 24 from Lo Loestrin because my insurance would no longer cover it. Btw Lo Loestrin wasn’t good for me either. It made me severely depressed and anxious. Anyways, I’m towards the end of my second pack and I haven’t got my period once. My sex drive is also low and every time I have sex it hurts so bad (which I read is a side effect of this pill) I'm switching to a different birth control brand and if that doesn’t work out for me I’m seriously gonna freak out”