User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone to treat Birth Control (Page 3)

Also known as: Junel Fe 1/20, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Blisovi 24 Fe, Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 24, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Briellyn, Mibelas 24 Fe, Larin 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Brevicon, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, femhrt, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Zenchent, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Dasetta 1/35, Alyacen 1/35, Charlotte 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Layolis Fe, Generess Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Pirmella 1/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Norinyl 1+35, Gildess Fe 1/20, Jinteli, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Necon 0.5/35, Estrostep Fe, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 7/7/7, Necon 7/7/7, Aranelle, Microgestin 1/20, Leena, Junel 1.5/30, Zenchent Fe, Junel 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Balziva, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Nylia 1/35, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela 1/20, Tarina 24 Fe, Leribane, Aurovela 1.5/30, Fyavolv, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Kaitlib Fe, Tri-Legest, Gildagia, Tri-Legest Fe Tilia Fe Lomedia 24 Fe Dasetta Dasetta 7/7/7 Philith Hailey 1.5/30 Hailey Fe 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Alyacen 7/7/7 Larin Fe 1.5/30 Gildess 1.5/30 Melodetta 24 Fe Gildess 1/20 Vyfemla Larin 1.5/30 Finzala Larin 1/20 Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 2, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I began taking this birth control when I was 17 (I am now 20) because my periods were normally 10-15 days long, very heavy, and very painful. Overall the birth control works (I never got pregnant) but I experienced so much nausea and vomiting within the first year, and any time I would forget a pill this same nausea and vomiting would occur. I also experienced symptoms like migraines, bloating, and swelling in my breasts, but my periods were much more bearable. Overall it accomplished what I initially wanted, but I think it’s caused me more harm than good.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was very nervous to start this pill due to the large amount of negative comments about it. I was originally on Taytulla, but that pill caused me to spot each month and I had terrible cramps almost constantly. I was prescribed Blisovi but I put off taking it for three months because I was so nervous. However, I am now on my third month of the pill and I have had no negative side effects and I honestly really like it. This pill has made me feel normal again. I was emotional at the beginning of taking it, but my hormones have balanced out since. The only thing besides that that has happened is that I have lost 10 pounds, which is honestly very nice. For me, this pill has definitely decreased my appetite. Don't let the negative reviews scare you away, it reacts differently for everyone!”

Happy Camper · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2020

Pirmella 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Prior to Pirmella, I had an irregular period and it was almost a MONTH of heavy bleeding (became anemic). Took the pills and the bleeding stopped. My therapist also speculated that I had PMDD and usually during my period, I would have the WORST mood-swings. I've been on 3 packs of Pirmella and the worst thing I experience was the nausea and bloating that was about ~1 week. PROS: - No bleeding - Smaller pores - little bigger boobs - mentally more stable CONS: - have to take it everyday - nausea and bloating in the beginning - looking bloated but the scale didn't change.”

DJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 28, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “A good friend of mine's daughter just recently died from Larin Fe side affects. She was 26 yrs old who had a bad headache, went to Insta Care who gave her migraine meds and sent her home. She had a seizure later that night, transported by ambulance to hospital. She now has a blood clot on the brain and was dehydrated. This young lady had just received two college degrees and lost her life because of this drug. doctor could only say, "it's rare, but it happens" Really?”

RomanCat348 June 26, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started taking birth control at 17 due to a genetic condition I have (Familial Mediterranean Fever). Since I was 15-16, every month my period (the estrogen rise and drop) would trigger an episode. I did my research and got on birth control to stop my periods and since then (I am almost 19) I RARELY experience episodes. Overall, birth control has completely changed my life for the better. Yet, aside from the fact that birth control has prevented my episodes for the most part, I experienced extreme depression, anxiety, and disassociation (brain fog, forgetfulness) the first three months I was on it. Over the course of those three months, it gradually got better. I am no longer depressed, forgetful, or disassociated, but I do experience mood swings, outbursts, occasional anxiety, and I cry very very easily. I have noticed that recently my emotions have gotten worse and I've been on this for a year and a half. I may speak with my doctor, but the pros weigh out the cons.”

bayarealove June 26, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “After stopping breastfeeding my doctor said I needed to switch bc from mini pill to something else. Prior to pregnancy I was on microgestin w/o issues. She placed me on Junel, not sure why but after several months I decided to switch because of the dry skin it would cause down there, inability to self lubricate. I requested to go back to microgestin. After 4 months I gained 6 pounds which isn't bad. But real is a deal breaker for me. I gained 50 pounds in 5 years with depo that I can't get rid of and I'm scared to gain more. I requested to switch to something else but it's only been 4 days but so far I'm not liking this pill either. Feeling really bummed like I can't find something that will work for me.”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve only been taking Junel Fe 1.5/30 for 12 days and so far so good. I was really worried because of all the horrible reviews but honestly... nothing has changed. No headaches or nausea... no hair loss, no difference in appetite... the ONLY thing is that one night I did have slight aches in my lower legs but that went away. Also, my breasts are sensitive but not really painful. Maybe I’m reviewing it too soon, but SO FAR so good.”

Happy girl June 25, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “AMAZED. I cannot say enough great things about this birth control. Let me start off by saying, I used to be on tri-previfem for 3 years and it was a disaster!! I had MAJOR PMS symptoms, mood swings, crying, extreme anxiety and anger. I would lash out and get so upset for no real reason. I had the heaviest period ever!!! It lasted 7 days. I knew something was wayyyy wrong and decided to make an appointment at my OBGYN. She put me on Lo Loestrin Fe, and I was very HESITANT because switching birth controls can be a pain in the butt. I was so scared it would make me breakout or have even worse symptoms. WELL LET ME TELL YOU. I WAS DEAD WRONG. This stuff works wonders for me!!!! I have zero PMS, and a 1 day period, sometimes I don't have one at all. MY skin is so clear, I have an occasional very very small breakout but I've always had bad skin. I don't feel like I'm on birth control at all. This pill saved me!!!!”

H · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I am 46 & started having my period every other week with excessive bleeding. My OB wanted to regulate. My breasts were very sore, I started having migraines (ocular). I started getting more anxious & it seemed to peak as I was ending my 1st pack (PMS time). The 1st day of my sugar pill/period time I had the worst panic attack ever-- I really thought I was going crazy. Worse feeling in my life - I stopped taking and just a few days out starting to feel better. I came on here to see reviews & just wanted to say how grateful I am that you ladies share your experience-- the nurse on phone literally said anxiety/panic attacks are NOT a side effect. I really thought I was losing my mind. Love & hugs to you all!”

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

Balziva (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started Balziva a month ago because of my fibroids. I was taking Junel and I was experiencing break through bleeding and heavy periods. So far I've been happy with it. I experienced breast tenderness and fullness. No breakthrough bleeding. Slight cramping a week before my period. My period seems a little lighter than normal. No acne nor weight gain. I did feel a little more hormonal, slightly more agitated but no overly moody. I would recommend this pill.”

Peach · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2020

Loestrin 21 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Chances are if you are reading this review it is because you were like me. I was prescribed this pill and then obsessively looked up reviews on it before I started them. I sent myself into a panic over all the negative reviews before I even took my first pill. Let me just say, I am VERY sensitive to medications. I can't even take Motrin without feeling dizzy. I have been on this pill for 3 weeks now with NO negative side effects. I have maybe felt a bit more bloated during week one. I did feel a bit more hungry every now and then but nothing that an apple or a quick healthy snack didn't cure...Thats it! No weird moods, no crying spells, no nothing. I was scared to death before I took my first pill! But everything is fine! Please don't panic like I did because of all the negative reviews! Give it a chance. If it doesn't work out, you can always stop and switch.”

Dogmom12 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

Larin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “When I first started taking this BC I liked the fact that I had 0 side effects like I did with the last few I tried. I was not moody, no weight gain and I felt normal again. Then the 5th month set it and I am switching after this pack. I have horrible cramps like I've never had before, my periods are 7 days and super heavy, and I just ended my 3rd period in 4 weeks. This last period was so bad(WARNING TMI) I filled the toilet with blood and had to change my tampon 3 times in an hour. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. It's ruining my sex life with my husband because I'm either on my period, spotting, it I'll start during sex. I know everyone is different, But I just wanted to share my story. My gyno Is starting me on The same brand, but a little bit higher dose To try to control my periods”

Anonymous June 25, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I went on the pill because my periods were lasting 20-25 days with a 6 day break with no period. I have cystic acne and I had the perfect skin routine so I knew it had to be hormonal issues. The doctor said it would take three months to regulate so I waited, within the FIRST week my depression was through the roof, my anxiety made me scratch my head and bite my nails 24/7 and it was just not a fun time. My breasts were so swelled up in the morning and I CRIED EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR NOT REASON . At this point I didn’t think a pill could do this and I almost asked to go to the hospital. I thought I was going crazy I took the pill and after 4 months I was seeing that my mood started regulating again and my skin WAS SO CLEAR. Girl I swear I thought I went on accutane it was so clear, my periods NEVER regulated and.. LISTEN TO ME MY CRAMPS GOT WORSE. I never cancel plans but I couldn’t even get out of bed I almost threw up because the pain. So therefore I will no longer be taking those meds”

BLR · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 25, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started Larin FE back in Nov 2019. First time being on BC. Struggled with hormonal acne and just wanted better protection with my sex life. When starting, had breast tenderness and cramping for a bit (prob lasted a month or two) and my boobs def grew as a result. My face however cleared up TREMENDOUSLY. I love this birth control and I’m happy I didn’t have to try multiple ones or experience severe side effects like the other individuals who posted a review had stated. One thing I noticed however is I bruise far more easily... first three months I was bruising so bad I’d wake up every morning with random bruises and have no recollection of bumping into anything at all. Brought this up to my doctor and she said it’s not common for bruising to be a side effect on BC...... but other then that I’ve been 10/10.”

Morgan · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started using this Junel 1/20 a couple months after having my first baby. At first it made me pretty nauseous the first couple of months. I’ve been on it about 5 months now and my periods are regular and shorter and lighter. I rarely get cramps anymore either. For a while there I would have some anxiousness randomly. Not sure if it was the pill or just from being a new mama. It seems to have calm down now. My skin has also been very clear as well. Hoping this works out for me.”

Junegloom · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2020

Loestrin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “One month on this Loestrin Fe 1/20 dosage and so far it hasn’t been too bad. My acne has cleared up and the mood swings aren't terrible I will get a tiny bit irritated here and there. One thing I am noticing is that I’m experiencing acid reflux while on this pill which isn’t pleasant but it’s worth the release of my endometriosis pain.”

bel · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 21, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on this birth control for a little over a year. Since starting it I’ve had little to no appetite, nearly constant mood swings and suicidal thoughts, and occasional heart rate issues. It also made my periods super irregular and light. It did the job when it comes to defending against pregnancy even when I was having regularly unprotected sex with my then boyfriend, but the cons outweigh the pros tremendously. I stopped taking it about 2 weeks ago and I already feel a lot better. My appetites getting better and my mood swings and suicidal thoughts have lessened. Obviously every body is different and this may work for some people but I don’t think anyone should risk the chances considering it made me constantly think about committing suicide and that could possibly happen to someone else.”

$H$ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 19, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Don't take this unless you want problems. Junel will make you gain a lot of weight. I gained 45 pounds in 10 months (I was 140 pounds 1-2 months postpartum so I was only 5 pounds overweight before starting Junel), more than likely caused me to have hypothyroidism, feeling tired all the time no matter the amount of sleep, dry hair, dry skin, mood swing, severe anxiety, migraines for days, random numbness of feet, weird 1 day periods with brown clots after the first 2 months, no sex drive at all, this makes me feel like I'm dying, just too many side effects”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was prescribed BLISOVI to reduce my bleeding and also to shrink the size of the fibroid that’s in my uterus. I’ve taken it 3 months now; and it hasn’t done anything for me but to make my periods last a lot longer (2 weeks) and also cause INSOMNIA, RESTLESS LEGS, weigh gain, foot pain, need I say more? DOCTORS: please stop prescribing it to patients and stop playing with their lives. Thank goodness today was the last day I took this drug; and believe me it was like a poison to my body ( in my opinion). No wonder it’s free, it was completely paid for by my insurance. Do yourselves a favor and DO NOT TAKE THIS. I would rate it a “0” if it was an option.”

Brit June 14, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I've struggle years with bc. I have endometriosis and most birth control makes me anxious and very emotional/ depressed. I've also struggled with being exhausted on the pill. Ever since I've started this pill I've felt pretty great! I was on Junel Fe the lower dose than they upped it to 1.5 cause I was bleeding for so long through my pill and still getting cyst unfortunately. The only side effects I have noticed so far is I struggle to sleep now and I'm not really used to that so it does make me frustrated when I wake up and it's either been a bad nights rest and or I'm just constantly waking up. I've even been taking two melatonin and well that only helps for a 4 hr nights rest and I wake up groggy.”

raerae · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 14, 2020

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I've been using Lo Loestrin Fe for about 3 years now. I'm 18 now and started it when I was 15. For the most part my skin was pretty clear. Up until senior year of HS my skin got crazy. Pimples popping up everyday and leaving awful red scars. (My obgyn is putting me on yaz soon) Not excited about that either birth co of all the horrible reviews Ive read. I also have no had a period since starting the pill which Ive really enjoyed. I rate this a 5 because my doctor thinks that the Lo Loestrin is whats causing my acne. But I'm not too convinced.”

BruBru · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started Lo Lo a month after a partial hysterectomy and cystectomy only to prevent more tumors. The first three months I had several side effects such as loss of appetite, acne, mood swings, and irregular bleeding. By my sixth months my body adjusted well except I would get my period around the time I should be ovulating or the 2nd week of the pack for around 5 days. I stopped taking Lo Lo because of the irregular bleeding and because it did not help me prevent tumors. I have an 8cm mass in my ovary. So I will give Taytulla a chance. Praying all goes well. As with any medication, you have to allow time for your body to adjust. Be strong!”

c · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I'm not pregnant after taking Nortel 1/35, so that's a plus. I haven't had many of the side effects some others have. I occasionally get nauseous and I get a pretty annoying headache during the placebo week, but other than that I have 0 complaints. It's important to remember everyone reacts differently to medications.”

Nena · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 10, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I've been taking this pill for over a year now. Sadly gained more than 20lbs from this. Super abnormal for me and it's so hard to lose this weight. Constantly nauseous even after months of taking it, even when taking it at night. I'm a very happy person and now I have days of depression. I've been sleeping more and feel unmotivated. I have unreasonable anxiety levels. I've never been an anxious, nervous or sad person. I've even been losing more hair than usual! Nortrel has been horrible to me! This birth control was prescribed because I had really heavy bleeding from the nuvaring and experienced a bit of anemia (gone now). It has regulated my period to super light but it's not worth it when there are so many options. Finally switching to another pill!!”

melanie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I am anemic and would pass out on my period from blood loss. I am quite small and am in shape so it was insane to be losing that much blood every month. I have had no side effects from Lo Lo and I am on my seventh pack right now. My skin has actually improved if anything. No appetite changes and sex drive is still good. Still get my PMS moodiness a day before my first placebo pill but I barely have a period now. I understand that everyone is different and there have been some poor experiences but I would recommend this to anyone struggling with heavy periods and anemia.”