User Reviews for Tarina Fe 1 / 20 to treat Birth Control

Tarina Fe 1 / 20 has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 99 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 25% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Tarina Fe 1/20 Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tarina Fe 1 / 20

first time user · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2020

“I have been taking Tarina for almost two weeks and I’ve experience zero side effects. My period was shorter (only 4 days instead of 7) and lighter, I had no cramps, my acne is subsided, and I feel completely normal almost to the point where I was wondering if it was even working. I read so many terrible/scary reviews about this birth control but the few that were good kept me willing to try it. I know not everyone’s bodies are the same and I may be one of the few who have a positive experience, but I just wanted to come on here and say that I love it! hopefully someone reading this will find it worth a shot (you can always switch, but you might be like me and have no side effects!)”

myork97 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 18, 2019

“Sooooo... I’ve tried every kind of birth control known to (wo)man. Implant, IUD, the worst — depo, mini pills, combo pills, 7 different pills to be extract. Tarina was the latest. I have now been off of it for 10 days. I’ve shed pounds & water weight, I’m no longer a short fuse, I can think straight again, I’m not stuttering over my words anymore, I don’t go into full blown rage out of nowhere, I don’t want to eat 24/7, my face has cleared, my hair isn’t coming out in clumps. I truly thought depo was the worst, but now it’s a close second to Tarina. Avoid this BC at ALL COSTS. Unless you want to be a rude, angry, bloated, bald, bloated, pimply cow. It is the WORST. Oh and I bled ALL THE TIME.”

Az123 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 23, 2020

“I have been on this pill Tarina FE 1/20 for almost two years now. I have never been on a pill where I still felt like myself. The first few months I was on it, it took some time for my body to handle the hormones and some nausea, but afterwards I was fine. I also lost close to 15 lbs when starting the pill, I will say the only bad thing about it was not having a big appetite, the longer I was on it however, that changed. I also have my period regularly on the sugar pill week, and experience no side effects to it anymore. I love this pill/form of birth control, I have never been on a form of birth control where I didn’t feel overwhelmed with emotions, Tarina Fe on the other hand has allowed my mental health to remain as was, even while on it. I’m happy, feel energized, and I will never go back to another form of pill or birth control ever again.”

Kitty B · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2017

“Life changing in a good way. I'm sorry to all of you who had terrible side effects. This is the third pill brand I've been on and by far the best. I'm not taking it to prevent pregnancy though. I suffer from terrible PCOS that left me sick for over a year. We are talking extreme anemia, constant nonstop heavy bleeding for months on end, fatigue, crippling cramps, weight gain and no sex drive. Taking it 4 months now (note I take nothing but continuous active pills to level out my hormone imbalance) and I have experienced zero bad side effects. I'm healthier than I've been in years, weight loss, glowing skin, thriving sex drive, no cramps or endless painful periods. It's been a real lifesaver.”

VA · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

“Was on this BC for 6 months, and it was the first pill I had taken for a long period of time. Cleared my acne miraculously, got a lot of comments about how clear my skin was! I did however gain a little weight (like 5lbs) and was incredibly moody. I don’t typically cry very often, but this medication made me burst into tears at the slightest thing. My periods became incredibly light and would last for a day if that. Never had any other issues.”

Mary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 19, 2018

“This is far superior to my last pill. I do still suffer from depression and anxiety, but it has not totally mutilated my sex drive like my previous pill did. It is effective and the side effects are tolerable. I've been on this pill for about a year and have been skipping the inactive pills so that I do not have a period, and it has worked! As far as pills go, I highly recommend Tarina. To whoever is reading this: know that all comments, including mine, are personal reactions to this pill (really this applies to all meds). Don't be scared off of getting the help you need, because everyone's bodies and habits are different, thus rending different results.”

Kenzie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2020

“I have been taking this Tarina Fe 1/20 pill for 4 months now. My periods have definitely become a lot lighter since taking the pill. They were irregular for the first two months but the last couple of months they have been normal and are lighter than they used to be. The pill has caused me to gain some weight (about 5 pounds) since I started taking it. This all happened within the first month and my weight has stayed the same since. The pill does cause some random cramps. But it does everything it’s supposed to do.”

PissyHippy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2019

“I started taking Tarina Fe 1/20 for lighter, shorter periods. So far, I've bled almost every day since I started taking this (2 months ago). I've noticed a bit of hair loss, eczema breakouts (which I haven't had this badly in YEARS), depression, mood swings, decreased sex drive, increased appetite and weight gain, and I can't sleep at ALL. I'm done taking this as of today, and I don't intend to touch it ever again! The only slight upside was I went up a bra size, but my chest hurts all the time now so that's a 50/50 win regardless. I would not recommend even trying this!”

Anon · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 6, 2020

“The Tarina Fe 1/20 was the first birth control pill I’ve gotten on. It wasn’t too bad. All though I gained around 10 or 15 pounds after being on it for a year (recently just started the Blisovi Fe pill), it did clear up my acne pretty good. But I would get very emotional at times where I would literally tear up for the slightest thing then become moody the next second. My period was only 4 days instead of being 7 days and I would get cramps but they weren’t too bad and my periods weren’t too heavy but not too light. Also my sex drive didn’t decreased! Hopefully this helps someone! :)”

Ash · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2018

“I GOT PREGNANT!!! I took the pill every single day at 8am. 5 months in -- PREGNANT. Also -- I felt emotionally crazy and would randomly bleed the entire time I took the pill. Could not possibly be more disappointed. I feel less hormonal pregnant than I did on that "birth control" pill.”

ChicagoGirl90 · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 10, 2016

“I'm 26 and have been taking this for about 5 years. I didn't experience side effects Besides some light spotting at first. I gained about 8 lbs in the first 6 months but I dont know if they're related. It did increase my cup size though. I barely get a period anymore and it's very light. If anything, this has worked so well that i'm afraid to try any other forms of birth control. This drug is actually prescribed to treat acne so i'm surprised to see a review saying it caused it. I get maybe 3 or 4 pimples a year and my skin is clear besides some mild oily tzone/chin. I didn't give this a full 10 because it is annoying to have to remember to take it at the same time every day. I definitely recommed this pill.”

m1853ema · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2021

“I’ve been on Tarina Fe for 6 months and have no complaints! I honestly love it as far as birth controls go. I haven’t noticed any mood, weight or acne changes. I am generally hungrier throughout the day but that’s totally manageable. One complaint is that my periods are weird, not really super bloody (sorry if that’s TMI), and they only last 2-3 days. It’s kind of strange but they’re completely pain free, unlike my periods before being on birth control.”

Jeonapathy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 28, 2020

“Before I started Tarina Fe my weight would fluctuate between 94-96 pounds. When I started my first month I started eating a lot more and I got very emotional. Now on the 3rd week of the 2nd month I finally hit 100 pounds, my boobs are sore and I’ve also been extremely sleepy on both packs.”

Lo · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 13, 2018

“It’s going to be 1 year in December that I’ve been on Tarina. The first 6-7 months were great. I’d get my period when I’d get to the brown pills and I had lighter periods which is a big thumbs up from all the heavy periods I had prior to being on birth control. These last few months have been a bit odd. I haven’t had a period and I can honestly say YES I’d love to have my period. It’s been about 3 months that I haven’t had one. I’ve taken pregnancy test and take the pill every day on time. My hair has thinned out. I don’t break out. My sex drive is great. No dryness. I do get emotional here and there. & I’ve actually lost 17lbs. I don’t know how to feel about switching just so I can have a frequent period.”

Lainie · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 29, 2018

“I’ve been on this pill since I was 17, I’m now 23 and all of a sudden this pill is giving me a spotting period that lasts 4 days and then a week goes by and I’m good then I’m on my period then a week goes by and he next week spotting, and so on. I’ve even tested it going off the pill and my period went back to normal. But every time I go back on I spot, no period, period, no period, spot and so one and so forth. I don’t know what to do.”

Ollie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2019

“I’ve only been taking this birth control for about 2 and a half months, but it has already significantly decreased my acne. I used to get 5-7 pimples a week and now I have none! I decided to take this after having had horrible pain due to an ovarian cyst and often small little pains during ovulation. So far, I have not had any pain and my period is incredibly light-almost as if I don’t have one. I was afraid of possible weight gain, but none has happened. This birth control works so well for me.”

madison August 27, 2020

“For me this Tarina Fe 1/20 is the ABSOLUTE WORST PILL EVER I just got off of it after 2 whole years starting when I was 16 years old. Before taking this pill I was happy and skinny with minor depression and anxiety that I've had my entire life and as soon as I went on this pill and everyday for the last 2 years I've had the worst depression EVER. I cry everyday and I have anxiety attacks, everything makes me cry and I had such bad anxiety I was diagnosed with tachycardia because my AVERAGE HEART-RATE WAS 150. I still have acne and cramps just not as bad. I got hives from heat exposure, bloating, spotting, no sleep, chest pains, muscle spams, dehydration, vaginal dryness . literally every negative side effect but ENHANCED .”

JG January 21, 2021

“I've been using Tarina Fe for just over 4 months now, and I'm pretty happy with the results! I started taking it because I was having irregular periods and I was also having some intense period cramps . My cycles have been super regular since starting Tarina, and I have been getting basically zero cramps. I've also noticed my periods are significantly shorter, they only last 2-3 days. I've only had a few side effects since starting this, and they really only lasted the first 2 months. I had some noticeable bleeding the second week of my first pack, but and I haven't experienced any spotting since then. I also had some nausea during the first two packs, but I started taking my pill with a snack, which really helped, and by the third pack I wasn't feeling nauseous anymore. I haven't experienced any weight gain, acne, or mood changes while taking Tarina. Overall, in terms of regulating my cycle, improving cramps, and as a birth control, it's been working great!”

acrsd · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2019

“I’ve been on this Tarina Fe 1/20 pill for 1 month and wow... I’ve experienced chest, back and under arm pain. Mood changes that consisted of sad, anxious, a little depressed and extremely PARANOID. My period was about 2 days late and I couldn’t tell if it was spotting or just a lighter period (TMI: my period was dark brown). I gained weight in my arms, mid belly, breasts and thighs. I had some acne on my forehead that was red-white heads and some red dots on my chin. Again, TMI, my discharge was thick and milky white and came in large amounts daily. It’s definitely not my favorite pill, but I hope this helped anyone.”

Alexis · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2020

“I am on my second pack in Week 3 and I would describe my experience with Tarina as not bad. When I was on the first pack I definitely experienced those mood swings that everyone was talking about. I got mad easily and became very emotional. But I noticed once I started my second pack my mood swings calmed down a bit. I guess it was just my body adjusting to it. I haven't experienced any sudden weight gain. I am currently working out and eating right so maybe that's a plus. One negative thing I will say though is that it has made my acne WORST even though it says it's supposed to clear it. I have been experiencing maskne (mask acne from wearing covid masks) but it wasn't as bad as it's been since I started taking Tarina. Overall, it's okay. I will continue using it.”

Jewel_Blue · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2017

“I've taken this pill for about 2 weeks and so far. My acne has cleared up significantly, I've actually lost weight but my breast size went up by a cup size and my moods have evened out a lot. My boyfriend noticed the difference immediately.”

J678 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 11, 2019

“Do not go on this birth control!! This birth control Tarina fe 1/20 has cost me hundreds of dollars at the OBGYN because of a dry/clumpy bleeding problem after sex. My doctor didn’t know what it was so I had to spend money on tests and an ultrasound to find out “everything looks great”. Turns out it was my birth control. SWITCH! I would suggest if you don’t want that all over you and your partner (it’s embarrassing) I would very highly suggest you chose a different pill.”

sams July 10, 2019

“These Tarina Fe pills are obviously different for everyone and everyones body takes it in differently. I’ve been on the pill for a year now and I’ve never had any real side effect other than depression and terrible anxiety. Recently I started to get irregular periods and I finally came to the conclusion that these pills are not it for me anymore. I felt like constantly crying and I was basically intolerable. I did drop weight easily and never really gained weight nor did I have acne but the bleeding really wouldn’t stop. I’m not gonna tell you to not try it but if you start to feel yourself depressed and distant please switch asap”

Black Girl in Cali · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 9, 2019

“I'm 5'5 150lbs normally. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and PCOS within a 2 month span. Suffering with intense pain between cycles and fluid was in my lower abdomen according to an MRI. Tarina Fe is not the best when it comes to mood swings, but it's worked for the endometriosis pain and now my cycles are light to nonexistent. It is big on water retention which causes weight gain. I wasn't sweating well during my workouts and not peeing as much water as I consumed which scared me for awhile. The effect was my abdomen would bloat, I wear waist beads so I notice it more. No amount of diet change and exercise worked to get that 10-15lb fluctuation down. I spiked at 167lbs. Doctor thought I was going in on hamburgers or something for awhile. When I stopped the birth control for a one month period (after 6 months on it) the weight fell off like melted butter. Once I started back its creeped up again. My skin has cleared up a bit. I haven't noticed any pigmentation problems.”

alabamamom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 16, 2020

“TAKE SOMETHING ELSE! It's not worth your life! I've been on this birth control since December of 2019 (today is 10/16/2020). I experienced the weight gain, but kept taking it due to the effectiveness of the birth control itself. About a month ago, I began experiencing bad headaches that would come on in the evenings. After 3 hours and multiple tests in the ER, I was told I was being admitted due to having a double pulmonary embolism (2 blood clots) in my right lung. The next morning, the doctor came in and told me that I need to immediately stop taking Tarina, due to that being the cause of the clots. Now, I have to spend the next 6 months at minimum on Eliquist and Xeralto and simply hope they are effective. I can't pick up my 3 year old and am basically restricted to a light-duty lifestyle until I have a medical green light. PLEASE, please, reconsider taking this birth control. There are so many other options that do not have PE's as a side effect - rare or not.”