User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole systemic

Helicobacter Pylori Infection
7.4

Summary of Amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lansoprazole reviews 7.4 84 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lansoprazole

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was VERY hesitant to take the meds due to the horror stories and I'm glad I actually went through with it!!! Everyone reacts different to the meds and it's not as bad as I read it would be!!! I'm currently on Day 10 of 14(Almost there...Kudos to me!!!) 1st couple days I felt nothing...By Day 4 I notice the dark stool, and I'm still having dark stools...By Day 8 I'm a bit nauseous at times and would feel better after eating. So far, yesterday which was Day 9 for me I felt the worst of it...I was nauseous all day, light headache, frequently BMs, and exhausted. Today Day 10, a little nauseous earlier around breakfast and a little bit now...but better after eating!!! Also, my sense of smell seem to have heightened which also makes me nauseous...But overall, it's definitely not as bad as I read or as bad as the doctor told me it would be...But honestly I can't wait to finish!!!"

Creole_Beauty_504 October 28, 2018

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I took the prevpak many years ago after suffering with sharp abdominal pain, cramping, nausea, severe heartburn and probably other symptoms I can't remember. I had no issues with the medication whatsoever. I encourage those of you who are reading negative comments to put your health first as allowing this infection to persist can lead to conditions much worse than simply having a bacteria in your stomach. If you should get any symptoms with the medications, rest assured you are probably already having them now! You will feel back to normal again after a few days. I have read some comments where some have stated they have other issues with their backs, neck etc etc. From a medical and professional standpoint, these symptoms are not related. I recommend you eat some yogurt with the treatment throughout the course to help with symptoms if you are more sensitive to medications."

Healthy again! October 15, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I started this treatment 2 days ago. The first day, I had abdominal cramps and nausea but no vomiting, thankfully. I also felt very dizzy and hazy but I had a chocolate bar which really helped. The second morning, I woke up with an extremely bitter taste in my mouth and diarrhea. The dizziness, cramps and nausea went away though. I also have a bigger appetite than before. Overall, the symptoms that I was feeling before starting the medications such as cramps and nausea while hungry, abdominal pain after fried foods, and a persistent dull stomachache are pretty much gone. I was also losing weight and could barely eat! I just hope these little bugs are dead after my treatment. (amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lasoprazole under the brand name "HP PAC")."

NotYourAverageGal October 5, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Was diagnosed with H pylori and given amoxicillin, clarithromycin and omeprazole to take for 14 days. First day my only side effect was extreme fatigue. Second day no side effect expect a headache. By the 5th day I started to experience diarrhea. That was my only side effect and the bitter taste in my mouth off and on for the rest of my treatment. I did do as others mentioned and took a probiotic between doses. Make sure you remember to throw away your tooth brushes and buy new ones after treatment! All in all treatment wasn't bad. Don't let other people's experiences scare you."

Dog lover (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I started treatment 3 days ago and it hasn't been bad at all. I'm doing the Omeprazole, amoxicillin, clarithromycin treatment. First day first dose I experienced a little bit on nausea but nothing bad enough to make me vomit. Came and went I did experience extreme fatigue. My entire body was weak and tired. After a nap I felt fine! I ate activia yogurt 4 hours after taking it. It also caused a pretty bad migraine. Second dose wasn't bad at all started to experience the nasty taste in my mouth which isn't even that bad and it only lasted about 5 mins It tastes like when a pill dissolves in your mouth but after drinking water it went away. The 2nd day same thing fatigue for about 2 hours and a migraine.. nothing that bad at all day 3 slight headache and a little few pains in my gut that come and go. Again nothing that affected my daily life. No diarrhea yet but I am constipated! I've been eating activia yogurt twice daily which has been a huge help. I'm also taking zofran to prevent the nausea."

Amy September 3, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I’m on my 3 day and I’m glad I’m not the only one that have experienced the horrible metal taste. The first day was bad I couldn’t sleep and I felt tired, my stomach was hurting really bad for the past 2 days but now I feel better. I’m just worry about getting and yeast infection."

Hachi July 28, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm on day 7 and have 7 days to go. From what I understand, after an infection like this it's best to take it easy on your stomach and eat things that are easy to process. To the poster who said they have painful gas and bloating, I would consider drinking broth for a couple of days instead of solid foods and give your bowels and stomach a chance to really rest. Some foods can be intolerable to a body after this infection and can be too hard to deal with. Give it a few days or a week of soups and stewed fruits and that should help. The diarrhea is likely going to continue while on these meds because they are really powerful and all of them list that as a common side effect. Hang in there. I am half way though and already feel fantastic if I don't count the heinous taste in my mouth, night and day. If your mouth tastes like someone dumped a load of bitter garbage into it, try some gum, don't eat sweets. Sweets are just what H. Pylori like and are hard to digest. Good luck!"

just another case (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I took this pack and after the 2nd day on the meds I felt I was gonna die, I tried to relax myself and have faith it would work. After the 4th day, I started feeling better and everyday after that. I finished the meds and now I am 2 weeks since finished the pack. I have not felt this great in years. I urge you all that are taking it or consider taking it to let the meds run its course. Yes there is side effects but as for my part, I felt those side effects out weigh the pain I had been having for years. Now I can eat, whatever I want and I have not gotten sick. By the way, doctors here in the USA could not diagnose this infection, I live next to the border of Mexico, so I sought treatment there and within one day, he gave the results and treatment. Its the same treatment from Mexico and the USA."

jesse (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was struggling with acid reflux for 2 months so finally got the endoscopy and biopsy done. It was H Pylori unfortunately. I am on day 2 of my 14 days medication and these medicines have given me diarrhoea, bloating, gas (slight irritating pain in chest), headache, weakness, bitter taste etc. Its really annoying to eat so many medicines, I really hope I get better after this. Does anyone have any idea for how to reduce bloating and gas when on this medication?"

Shahansha Khan (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Day 5. My neck hurts and my back and chest hurt and it's hard to breathe . I have insomnia and no appetite, diarrhea and chills every time I take it. I remember the Dr saying some people body can't handle it - if you feel weak then skip a dosage and start again. Doesn't stop the side effects along with all that I have headaches and a shooting pain in my left arm from time to time. I also feel weak and even dizzy along with a sore throat that's red in places . I'm going to go see the Dr when I get off work cause I think it could be infection and that scares me so maybe I'll go maybe I'll suck it up and finish it."

Hurts May 11, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "The bitter taste in my mouth! Omg! I've taken Chinese herbal medicine in the past, and those are known to be bitter. But THIS is a different ball game! I'm only on my 2nd day and I've been eating all sorts of sweets to try to keep the bitterness at bay. The bitterness is most potent around 2-3 hrs after taking a dose, & lasts for hours & hours. Finally, when the bitterness is pretty much gone, it's time for the next dose!"

ChelleBelle (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I was diagnosed with h pylori and I am on 3rd day med .. my mouth taste so bitter and I am also having problem urinating. Does any one had these kind of issues"

K.d (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Given Prevpac for H. Pylori. Within 48 hrs of ending the full course of medication I experienced an anaphylactic reaction. Large, round, flat hives formed on the soft of my arms and inner thighs. My hands began to swell, and then I felt my face begin to swell. The swelling moved from left to right across my face, and it eventually began to close my throat and enlarge my tongue. My husband drove me to an urgent care center where I received a shot of Kenalog and a Medrol dose pack. I always list Prevpac as a medicine of which I am allergic."

tulsa gal November 15, 2017

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I tested positive for H pylori with a value of 2.07. Everyones comment were so helpful. I was searching for side effect information on this treatment medicines and I didn't find anything on it. I read your comments and I'm glad to find that the symptom in my mouth is common. I' m on day 2/14 day treatment and I'm experiencing a nasty bitter (Medicine) taste in my mouth!! It's horrible and never goes away. I literally sleep with a mint gum in my mouth because I just can't stand it. I was about to hit the dentist, thought it had something to do with a mouth infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I started the pack this evening. Within half an hour of taking the 4 pills, followed by a complete healthy dinner, my throat tightened up. Couple minutes later I started to glow and had a warm sensation all over. This turned to an aggressive itch and after about another 5 or so minutes I had trouble breathing. The skin sensation turned into an unbearable burning sensation all over. I ended up on the floor and my wife called 911. Paramedics came, blood pressure and pulse went OTT. Paramedics thought it was a allergic reaction, gave me benedril to counter the effect and about 15 minutes later my throat started to relax, the glow and red skin started to subside and he itching and tingling started to calm down. Better luck next time."

Rescue Ranger October 6, 2017

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Don't be afraid to take the PrevPac for h. pylori. I have suffered for a month with pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. I'm on only day 3 of a 14 day treatment and I am almost back to my old self again! Many people complain about the side effects, but all I have experienced is a slight metal taste in my mouth at times - so worth being almost well."

JEB* August 25, 2017

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I am a 28 year old female. I have had digestive issues for about 4 years. But recently(past 2 months) it got really bad. It started with feeling sick every night after dinner. If I ate any food past 6:30 I'd be sick all night. Intense nausea but took measures to not vomit. The week before I saw my Dr. I could barely eat anything at anytime in the day without feeling horrible stomach pain and nausea. No appetite at all and on and off constipation and diarrhea. I lost a pound a month for 5 months. Got depressed about slowly involuntarily starving. Asked my Dr. to test for H.Pylori because multiple people in my extended family have had it. I came out positive. I was prescribed the triple therapy of Lanzoprozle , Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin."

Cc Tx (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Hate this treatment. I had pylori for about 3 months before being diagnosed through a poop test. I'm on one 20mg nexium, two 500mg amoxi and one 500mg Klacid twice a day. It really does suck. I'm on day 7 of 7 thankfully. My ass of a doctor never told me to keep up the good bacteria, he told me to stop with the probiotics. I've had insomnia, random violent nausea, pretty bad abdominal pain, battery acid taste that never goes away and it feels like I'm breathing out ammonia! Chills, fever, body pain AND if your a woman, well yea, that side effect too. If this doesn't cure the h pylori then, they can stay there"

A very angry kitty (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I am on triple therapy for 14 days, second time in 2 years. I'm 5th day in. First 3 were brutal. I couldn't even dress myself was too weak. My inside feel tender but I'm not as tired can work and sleep. My question is I have that metallic taste and now my tongue is light grey. Anyone experience this?"

Second time (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm on day 3 of these medicines, the first 2 days my energy levels were very high and clarity in my whole body seemed to be back after months of feeling crappy h pylori test was positive so as stated above I'm taking this medicine SIDE EFFECTS: on day 3 I took the medicine around 6 am and took a nap at 9 am I woke up with a taste of medicine in my mouth, (the taste where your first attempt to swallow a pill and it doesn't work so you get that nasty pill taste" I think this has something to do with falling asleep like my body isn't in awake mode so it pumps the medicine in a sleep cycle style I'm just assuming here but besides the nasty taste no other side affects at the moment eating a banana seemed to help with the taste"

Guy12345 June 8, 2017

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I had bad reflux, night nausea and heartburn for nearly 7 months before being diagnosed with an endoscopy. Only on Day 3 of therapy (Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin, and Omeprazole). Side Effects : Mild nausea, no strange taste, but I do get thirsty and I have had quite bad stomach pain (bloating, gas etc) and back pain. I was also very scared to take these meds after reading all the comments but so far so good. Most annoying thing is having to take so many meds at one time! Hoping I have no new side effects. I do take a probiotic and anti nausea pills twice per day with the antibiotics and I do take the antibiotics with food. I really hope that after the 14 days I am cured as I don't want to have to do this again!"

SA Girl May 15, 2017

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I'm on day one and feeling terrible. Gas, stomach cramps, nasty taste in my mouth and I cannot sleep. If I didn't have to go to work for the next 2 weeks of this treatment I'd feel better about it. I really didn't even think about having these nasty side effects until they happened and I came here to see everyone else's experience. If this doesn't cure the h pylori I don't even know what I'm going to do. Dealing with h pylori sucks so bad but damn this treatment is rough and I'm only on day one. Can't lie, this is horrible."

Fed up, but hopeful May 15, 2017

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I am not fond of meds, so I wasted 3 months doing Dr Google on natural approaches. It didn't work, as I continue having stomach pain, reflux, bloated, etc. On desperation I went to the doctor and he confirmed I had HP. I'm on day 6, and feel miserable with the side effects. Insomnia, high pulse rate, stress,etc. However my gut seems to be better. Can eat better. I will take the probiotics, seems to help. Good luck"

Albert45 April 23, 2017

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "I had severe vomiting and diarhoea for 3 days caused by clarythromycin. After being treated for dehydration at the hospital, clarythormycin was replaced with doxycycline, and I have no problems since."

lornaland (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Day 4 and it's starting to work. I tested positive for H Pylori after noticing bloating and pain after a trip to China in 2009. I was given Prevpac in 2009 but never ended up taking it due to a separate illness (it was a bad year). Ended up ignoring H Pylori until recently due to it getting so bad I have begun staying bedridden on weekends and feeling nauseous all the time. Energy has been zapped as well as chest pains and other weird sensations. Went back to the doctor and got the script again. Started Friday - the first few days were a little rough with nausea (always take with food!) but it's getting better. I feel much more energy and the constant stomach pain has minimized dramatically. Fingers crossed this is the solution."

pleek January 31, 2017