User Reviews for Amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lansoprazole

Helicobacter Pylori Infection
6.5

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lansoprazole

No one · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2021

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I'm on day 3. The insomnia is by far the worst side effect for me. I didn't sleep at all last night. I'm on this med but everything prescribed separately so the amount of pills is overwhelming. The daytime dose seems to be a little better but at nighttime I am left tossing and turning and shaking and clenching my teeth. Going to ask my doctor is 1 week will be sufficient in eradicated this bacteria because I'm not sure I can last the full 2 weeks.”

Anonymous May 7, 2021

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I was diagnosed with H pylori and am now on my 4th day of medication. I am experiencing skin irritation as a side effect.”

A.K · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2021

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I was diagnosed with H Pylori after visiting the laboratory because of a mild stomach upset with heartburn. I am on my third day of treatment with the 14-day triple antibiotics taken twice a day. The only side effects I've experienced so far are a bloated stomach, a bitter taste in the mouth, and reduced appetite. I initially thought, I am not going to bother I don't have any symptoms, why should I take so many pills?" On second thought, I decided to start the dose after reading about the outcomes of delayed treatment. Cancer and ulcers? Better take the medication and get it over with.”

TWill0612 · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I never leave reviews but I wanted to share this. I have seen so many negative reviews regarding this drug. If you are miserable on a prevpack then maybe you are not taking in enough probiotics and yogurts. I took a strong refrigerated probiotic along with daily yogurt. I did fine. I had a couple of headaches at the end but no other problems and I live a very busy and active lifestyle. You NEED this medication for h-pylori. The “natural” way take months even years which in that time ulcers and cancer can form. Just suck it up and take the meds. You will survive and you can move on with your life.”

Barfy McBarfface November 16, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Can echo pretty much every review here. I feel like horrible on this H pylori combo of amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lansoprazole. My side effect symptoms are my mouth tastes just awful, headache, upset stomach, nausea, waking at all hours to extinguish the rancid taste in my mouth. Within 2 hours of my first dose the taste was like something had crawled into my stomach a few years ago and stayed there. Felt better at day 4, but day 5 I feel absolutely horrible again. It was comforting to read my experience is normal at least. If you need these treatment absolutely take a probiotic with it! Taking probiotics lessens side effects like diarrhea, gas, and yeast infections. I see a few people who didn't have many side effects saying the awful reviews are exaggerated. They most certainly are NOT. Everyone is different. Please don't minimize the experience of others just because you got lucky and didn't have it as bad. I'd say my side effects are moderate or even sometimes mild compared to the worst they could be, but people are absolutely not exaggerating!”

Lia October 1, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Hi I as well went through all the issues as everyone else beginning of Sept/2020 after 3 visits to ER where U was diagnosed with gastritis. I was prescribed pantaprozole took for about 2 weeks. I was still with stomach ache scared to eat for 2 weeks so decided to see my family dr she order blood work and h pylori test wich came back positive. I was given the 14 days triple therapy treatment 2 times per day. I was terrified to start because all bad side effects I read here I'm now on my 8 day out of 14 days and the only side effect is nasty taste in my mouth - nothing else. I'm feeling better watching what I eat and I'm happy I decided to take the treatment ...each person is one person different bodies different reactions.. Good luck everyone”

Dean · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Hi, I have been recently diagnosed with h-pylori, I am on my 4th day of medication and feeling so many side effects, nausea, tired, chest pain, body pain and feel I’m actually sick, my bloated tummy has come down significantly however I can’t sleep at night I feel dizzy when I’m laying in bed or worst when I’m out the house. I’m hoping and praying to go the whole 14days but I really don’t know what to do? If anyone else has these side effects please help. Thanks”

MP18 · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2020

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “What's with the horror stories! Based on these reviews, I decided to delay my medication treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection for as long as I could. I was prescribed a 14-day course. The side-effects are gravely exaggerated. I believe, with balanced diet and rest, the side-effects for me were really minimal. My side effects included a general feeling of weakness and the occasional bitterness in my mouth. I did puke thrice on day-5, but that was the only day. I took the morning dose with a probiotic and a rice salad. Had lots of yogurt, brown rice, and steamed veggies. Today is day-14. I don't know if I have been cured but I do know that the side effects are not that bad.”

Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I am on day 4, feel constantly tired. Have to sleep sitting as some weird acid runs into my mouth and tastes horrible. Stomach still bloated and eating makes me sick but not eating also makes me sick. Headaches on and off. Chest pains. Constant metallic taste and loss of taste buds. Had one really crazy bout of the runs. Overall I feel worse in a different way than before I started antibiotics.”

cocobean01 · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I am on day 7 of a 7 day course. I felt a little light headed on day 1 and have experienced the metallic taste that everyone is talking about but increased appetite when most people report the opposite. I've been very bloated too, but I can't distinguish if its just the illness or these meds. I have not experienced any other side effects. I have eaten plain yogurt on most days and taken a good quality probiotic. I am worried if the treatment is even working because I don't feel any different or better and I only have just 1 evening dose to go. Does it take a while to see improvements? I have not had the best diet in the last 7 days either, probably because I felt a little depressed and ate my feelings. Could a poor diet prevent the treatment from being as effective?”

Kc · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2019

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Hi Dee I had toxicosis of h pylori bacteria, it sounds like the medication is doing its job I had all those symptoms you explain thought I was dieing with auto immune disease, finally after 3 month of hospital visits and seeing drs my friend told me to test for h pylori and I was positive, since taking treatment I am 1000000 times better, it seems in most cases like yours, you get worse before you get better, keep up the medication and you'll be better in no time I am now on the Nexium stage and I only having headaches now cos I'm so busy and forget to drink a lot of water. Good luck everyone but I reckon if it's hurting you it's helping you. I can't be more thankful for the treatment.”

Mack6 · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2019

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Have completed the 14 day Prevpac treatment....I started the first day expecting horrible side effects. That didn't happen, I had a few nausea moments that lasted only seconds, my bowel motions were totally normal. I will say I became very fatigued, but I slept well and generally felt very good during the entire 14 days. I did have a bit of depression but, I assumed it was caused by the treatment so I just ignored that. It was 8 pills a day, plus a probiotic...that's 126 pills in two weeks! As you can see it didn't affect my mathematic skills!!...Today is the 2nd day pill free and done with Prevpac. I don't remember feeling this good in a long while. The treatment appears to have worked extremely well. So....do I recommend Prevpac - that is a resounding YES. And, the best of luck to you all.”

Exhausted but elated · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I've just finished the 14 days triple antibiotic treatment for H.Pylori, detected by Gastroscopy. My epi-gastric pain is almost gone and apart from the exhaustion I feel normal again. I wanted to write this to help others, because on day 4 of this treatment I felt so horrendous (constant nausea, belching, headaches, dizziness, foggy brain, couldn't eat, acid reflux), I needed to hear what others have been through. Days 4 -7 were the worst for me, the bacteria 'die off' produces a type of alcohol in your body that makes you feel drunk from the inside. The nausea persisted for the full 14 days, but my head cleared after 7th day. I found drinking bone broth the best to keep down and to help rebuild the gut. I'm slowly now weaning off the PPI and will increase probiotics and fermented foods. I'm going to try the GAPS diet to rebuild my gut lining and microbiome. As hard going as it is, don't give up its worth persisting with.”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2019

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “This is a message for everyone who freaks out after reading these reviews. I just finished the 14 day treatment and have to say that the only side effect I experienced was the weird (but mild) metal taste in my mouth. No diarrhea, no nausea, no insomnia, no headaches, no pain whatsoever. You'll be fine!! :)”

Parisindecember · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2020

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I don't normally share my experiences or leave reviews on anything but I thought I'd share in regards to the Prevpac because I'm living through a nightmare. The worse thing is the bad taste in my mouth. I know it sounds like a very small side effect but imagine the taste in your mouth after vomiting bile and times that by 100. There's also the drip taste in the back of my throat. I feel like I'm constantly holding puke back. I'm on day 3 and I'm very tired and feel extra weak. I've tried eating crackers but no such luck in helping me out. I did however buy a lot of hard candy and gum which helps a lot. I wake up every hour or two during the night to chew gum or suck on a candy. These drugs are no joke. I wish everyone luck.”

Bananarama · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I'm now on day 3 of my triple antibiotic treatment amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lansoprazole for H. Pylori. I was first diagnosed with H Pylori infection 6 months ago but I refused treatment because I was asymptomatic. Once the symptoms kicked in, I decided to be brave and take the treatment. I've had the nasty taste in my mouth, and a short bout of diarrhea. The worst part for me is the fatigue. I can barely keep my eyes open! I also have very little appetite. I try take tons of probiotics (kefir, yogurt and kimchi) all day in between my pills and they are helping a lot. I'm bloated and exhausted but I feel positive that I'll make it through the regimen. Good luck everyone!”

Bunny_Rabbit · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2019

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “So after all the body tests including blood tests, ultrasound etc, doctor found nothing so they wanted to do an endoscopy and I didn't want them to but I am glad that I let them. H.Pylori was positive when got the endoscopy reports. Doctor prescribed Pantocid HP Kit for 14 days. To be honest 1st day was so brutal, I could not eat anything, felt nauseous the whole day and felt abdominal pain. I thought I won't be able to complete the course and leave it in middle but now today is the last day of the course and I would just like to say, You will feel gassy, nauseous, weak and sometimes face the issue while try to sleep but don't give up, avoid stress, avoid oily and spicy food, drink coconut water, eat light but healthy food. I assure you that the result would be worth the problem which you will face during the course.”

Anonymous January 12, 2020

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “When I had a upper GI endoscopy I was diagnosed with h pylori, he gave me one PPI that is esomeprazole 40 mg , Amoxicillin 500 mg and clarithromycin 500 mg for 14 days, I took for 12 days. I can't take more than that because of the side effects, it has been a week I stopped it, but still I didn't recover, my symptoms are same as before indigestion, nausea throat burning problems acid reflux etc. I don't know when will I be free from this disease, can anyone help me, I'm helpless and worried too much about this problem”

Jose September 21, 2019

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I just finished yesterday with the 14 day treatment, however, experienced loss of appetite, significant weight loss, restless, dazed, tired all the time, choking episodes. Also, the last 4 days I noticed a severe chest pain with tingling on the left side to include up the left side of my throat. I went to the ER and was told my heart rhythm is in good shape but the pain was unbearable. I was given a GI cocktail and sent on my way. I hope the treatment starts kicking in at any time now cause I’ve never felt weaker nor dazed in my life. People have been telling me that I look very sick. On the plus side, I noticed the abdominal pain decreased significantly to the point I can’t remember it ever hurt. Stool still looks the same as when I was diagnosed with H-Pylori. The only concern I continue to have is the hypertension feelings in the morning and the esophagus sensitivity to anything I ingest. Hope everyone gets better because the H Pylori bacteria ain’t no joke.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Hi everyone. I was having bouts of vomiting and was told it was a blood infection. After taking some injections for 5 days I thought I was good. Then 2 weeks later the vomiting was back but now it was intense. I got diagnosed with H.pylori and I'm on the 13th day of treatment and I'm finishing my dosage tomorrow. The side effects of the medication are horrendous especially the 1st week - I just wanted to quit on the 3rd day but I was told I'd have to repeat the whole dosage again. You just have to hang in there and God will see you through.”

Joe March 30, 2019

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I’m on day 9 of this horrible medicine. It’s horrible to me because I got hit with side effects of diarrhea, fatigue, loss of appetite, followed with anxiety and even an episode of depression which I’m still recovering from. It’s scary to deal with but I haven’t had heartburn since beginning this and have been able to eat. Before taking the medicine the infection made me not even want to chew. It is very rough but I’m almost at the end and that’s what’s helping me pull through all this. Some tips is to take a probiotic like lactobacillus to help with diarrhea (it’s helped somewhat for me) avoid any acidic foods sugars and salty stuff. I’ve searched through many others reviews of this medicine to make sure I’m not the only one with anxiety and panic attacks If you take this medicine and go through serious anxiety please talk to someone about your thoughts it’ll help. Before this medicine I’ve never had anxiety or depression. Those side effects are killing me.”

Shiks August 24, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Diagnosed with h pylori and am put on medication,2 antibiotics and 2 nausea acid reflux medicines. Day 1 of the taking medicine I felt so nausea and weak. Day 2 was headaches feeling not myself. Then it started going downhill with side effects, the metallic taste in my mouth, nausea all the time literally from day 1 have been feeling nausea, the headaches slowed down by the 10th day, on Day 5 I felt like couldn't do it anymore,I was crying because I was feeling miserable. I tried to negotiate if I can stop my medicine but my h pylori pain motivated me to keep pushing through. I had constant unpleasant taste in my mouth and acid reflux, weakness, could not keep much in my stomach and I did not dare lay on my stomach or I would throw up. Also I noticed my stomach bloating and sometimes it spasm if that makes sense. Anyway I'm on day 13 and I can't wait to be done with my medications. I thought I was the only one going through it but I feel OK knowing my symptoms were not crazy.”

ST September 7, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I wanted to share my experiences on taking this medication for H. pylori Bacteria. The first two days of taking this medication, the side effect was very strong. I throw up, nausea, dizzy, stomach upset and feel very tired. I feel a little bit better after day 4, but the symptoms came back again. Can't eat much and still have a strong acid reflex. I am on day 12 of the treatment, and read through this article and saw that I am not the only person. Super confused is this just the side effect of the medication or my symptom got worse. Overall I feel more sick than normal after treatment started.”

READ ME!!! May 8, 2016

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “PEOPLE PLEASE DONT COME HERE TO GET FEAR INSTILLED IN YOU ABOUT THIS MEDICINE. Other People experiences may NOT EVER happen to you. I didn't take it for a whole year because of these kind of websites.. Let's put this out there I DO NOT LIVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. I eat fried food, I eat out a lot (hence, why I think I got the bacteria) I barely workout and I'm considered overweight. (NOT BRAGGING JUST BEING TRUTHFUL) And the medicine still worked for me. If your dealing with horrific side effects 9/10 you we're probably dealt with those things one or another without medication. For the nausea (eat 1/2 a toast before taking it) For the insomnia ( don't take it right before you go to bed 2-3 hours in advance) Metal taste goes away after you eat”

Saeed March 24, 2020

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I was prescribed this meds my first time I got sick back in 2015, I was so sick that time I think I missed several doses. After that I have been sick with gastritis, acid reflux, Weakness, not able to digest my food. Just 4 years with those symptoms. Now 2020, they tested again and it’s still there and was prescribed kind the same but not exactly Prepac, individual antibiotics which are the same thing at the end. Day 10 now and I can eat food ok and feeling bit better. I hope this helps someone because this bacteria is hard to treat and it comes back a lot.”

Mk · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2020

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I was tested positive wirh H pylori after visited ER three times for shortness of breath. No diarrhea, no vomiting, no abdominal pain, just shortness of breathe with pain on my chest. No TB and heart issues. I took Amoxicillin, Clarithromyocin and Nexium for 14 days. Still symptom is there after 14 days antibiotics treatment.”

IHateHyplori July 1, 2019

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Today is day#13 of the treatment. If I had three words to describe the treatment, it will be nasty, bitter, garbage. Things that I suffered in the last 13 days: - Nausea - Headaches - Bloating (especially the first 6-7 days) - Belly pains - Insomnia - Everyone's favorite: Awful metallic taste in the mouth - Heart racing and BP up/down After the treatment is done, I am planning on being on Nexium (20mg) for the next two weeks and then will stop and go for a retest. Am I feeling better after the treatment is almost finished, I have no clue. With the awful side effects of the treatment I have no idea whats happening. I hope I will start feeling a change soon. BUT to all who are suffering, hang in there guys. This is not the best thing but we have no choice. PS. I am planing on going to the shooting range after the treatment so i could do some target practice on the empty treatment bottles. :D”

TC · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2019

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “I am on day 10 of medication and I can identify my symptoms to most of you, but I can say that they were worse in the first 6-8 days. Metallic taste in my mouth, nausea, diarrhea (almost black stool), bloating and lot's of burping and reflux. It's interesting how Doctors noticed I had H Pylori. I started with a weird shortness of breath, (which is still there) but I have done so many tests and they all came back normal. ECG, Stress Test, Chest X-ray, Heart and Lungs Ultrasound, Abdominal Ultrasound, Barium Meal (Upper GI Series) and several blood tests. They were all normal. The only problem found was H Pylori. I hope I can finish the treatment and start feeling better ASAP.”