User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole

Also known as: Prevpac

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lansoprazole.

Amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lansoprazole Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection.

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clarithromycin/lansoprazole to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

"I tested positive for H pylori with a value of 2.07. Everyones comment were so helpful. I was searching for side effect information on this treatment medicines and I didn't find anything on it. I read your comments and I'm glad to find that the symptom in my mouth is common. I' m on day 2/14 day treatment and I'm experiencing a nasty bitter (Medicine) taste in my mouth!! It's horrible and never goes away. I literally sleep with a mint gum in my mouth because I just can't stand it. I was about to hit the dentist, thought it had something to do with a mouth infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "Don't be afraid to take the PrevPac for h. pylori. I have suffered for a month with pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. I'm on only day 3 of a 14 day treatment and I am almost back to my old self again! Many people complain about the side effects, but all I have experienced is a slight metal taste in my mouth at times - so worth being almost well."

JEB* August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 28 year old female. I have had digestive issues for about 4 years. But recently(past 2 months) it got really bad. It started with feeling sick every night after dinner. If I ate any food past 6:30 I'd be sick all night. Intense nausea but took measures to not vomit. The week before I saw my Dr. I could barely eat anything at anytime in the day without feeling horrible stomach pain and nausea. No appetite at all and on and off constipation and diarrhea. I lost a pound a month for 5 months. Got depressed about slowly involuntarily starving. Asked my Dr. to test for H.Pylori because multiple people in my extended family have had it. I came out positive. I was prescribed the triple therapy of Lanzoprozle , Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin."

Cc Tx (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hate this treatment. I had pylori for about 3 months before being diagnosed through a poop test. I'm on one 20mg nexium, two 500mg amoxi and one 500mg Klacid twice a day. It really does suck. I'm on day 7 of 7 thankfully. My ass of a doctor never told me to keep up the good bacteria, he told me to stop with the probiotics. I've had insomnia, random violent nausea, pretty bad abdominal pain, battery acid taste that never goes away and it feels like I'm breathing out ammonia! Chills, fever, body pain AND if your a woman, well yea, that side effect too. If this doesn't cure the h pylori then, they can stay there"

A very angry kitty (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "I am on triple therapy for 14 days, second time in 2 years. I'm 5th day in. First 3 were brutal. I couldn't even dress myself was too weak. My inside feel tender but I'm not as tired can work and sleep. My question is I have that metallic taste and now my tongue is light grey. Anyone experience this?"

Second time (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm on day 3 of these medicines, the first 2 days my energy levels were very high and clarity in my whole body seemed to be back after months of feeling crappy h pylori test was positive so as stated above I'm taking this medicine SIDE EFFECTS: on day 3 I took the medicine around 6 am and took a nap at 9 am I woke up with a taste of medicine in my mouth, (the taste where your first attempt to swallow a pill and it doesn't work so you get that nasty pill taste" I think this has something to do with falling asleep like my body isn't in awake mode so it pumps the medicine in a sleep cycle style I'm just assuming here but besides the nasty taste no other side affects at the moment eating a banana seemed to help with the taste"

Guy12345 June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "I had bad reflux, night nausea and heartburn for nearly 7 months before being diagnosed with an endoscopy. Only on Day 3 of therapy (Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin, and Omeprazole). Side Effects : Mild nausea, no strange taste, but I do get thirsty and I have had quite bad stomach pain (bloating, gas etc) and back pain. I was also very scared to take these meds after reading all the comments but so far so good. Most annoying thing is having to take so many meds at one time! Hoping I have no new side effects. I do take a probiotic and anti nausea pills twice per day with the antibiotics and I do take the antibiotics with food. I really hope that after the 14 days I am cured as I don't want to have to do this again!"

SA Girl May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm on day one and feeling terrible. Gas, stomach cramps, nasty taste in my mouth and I cannot sleep. If I didn't have to go to work for the next 2 weeks of this treatment I'd feel better about it. I really didn't even think about having these nasty side effects until they happened and I came here to see everyone else's experience. If this doesn't cure the h pylori I don't even know what I'm going to do. Dealing with h pylori sucks so bad but damn this treatment is rough and I'm only on day one. Can't lie, this is horrible."

Fed up, but hopeful May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "I am not fond of meds, so I wasted 3 months doing Dr Google on natural approaches. It didn't work, as I continue having stomach pain, reflux, bloated, etc. On desperation I went to the doctor and he confirmed I had HP. I'm on day 6, and feel miserable with the side effects. Insomnia, high pulse rate, stress,etc. However my gut seems to be better. Can eat better. I will take the probiotics, seems to help. Good luck"

Albert45 April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "I had severe vomiting and diarhoea for 3 days caused by clarythromycin. After being treated for dehydration at the hospital, clarythormycin was replaced with doxycycline, and I have no problems since."

lornaland (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "Day 4 and it's starting to work. I tested positive for H Pylori after noticing bloating and pain after a trip to China in 2009. I was given Prevpac in 2009 but never ended up taking it due to a separate illness (it was a bad year). Ended up ignoring H Pylori until recently due to it getting so bad I have begun staying bedridden on weekends and feeling nauseous all the time. Energy has been zapped as well as chest pains and other weird sensations. Went back to the doctor and got the script again. Started Friday - the first few days were a little rough with nausea (always take with food!) but it's getting better. I feel much more energy and the constant stomach pain has minimized dramatically. Fingers crossed this is the solution."

pleek January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "I am on day 5 of taking this medication I was feeling fine but now I am experiencing severe lower back pain. It seems to come and go. I am going to call my doctor to see if this is a common side effect and if it means something bad is happening due to the meds. Whatever the doctor says I will report back here."

Kas123 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "After reading some reviews I was skeptical when I picked this medicine up from the pharmacy but decided to give it a try. I just finished my 14 day treatment of prevpac and I did not experience any side effects from the treatment. I took 4 pills every morning with oatmeal and toast at 6am, then took the other 4 with my evening meal at 6pm. When I arrived at work around 830am I ate a cup of activia yogurt with water. At lunch time I ate a small lunch and took one Phillips colon health probiotic. At 4 pm I ate another cup of yogurt. I hope this helps someone with the medication. Hopefully this treatment cured my H pylori!!!"

Feeling better!!! (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "Not too bad, this is my second time taking the medication. The first time I was given lansoprazole, amoxicillin and METRONIDAZOLE which I had major side effects and after reading horror story reviews I stopped at day 5 of 7. Later found out it was the metronidazole that caused my horrible side effects. Now I'm on the course again, but instead of metronidazole I was prescribed CLARITHROMYCIN which IS SO MUCH BETTER!!! Apart from the occasional nausea and metallic/bitter taste, I've had no other side effect and it's helped increase my appetite. I'm on day 4 of 7 now, and have high hopes for this drug. Will update after I finish the treatment."

VW (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "I have had ulcers, stomach pain and digestive issues for 6 years. Doctors were no help always prescribing PPI's or H2 Blockers. Emergency Doc gave me Prevpac. I have experienced minimal side effects. I had diarrhea once so far. I'm on day 9 and I have been taking a 50 billion probiotic at lunch and a 20 billion probiotic at bedtime. My 50 billion probiotic has to be refrigerated. Overall I am feeling pretty good. No stomach pain and my bowel movements are normal for the first time in my life. Even though I hate antibiotics this on seems to be working well. I will however wean myself off the Previcid so avoid rebound acid. Oh and all meds affect me, but this one is ok. Anything is better that what I have had to deal with over the years."

MJEC November 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "Been prescribed this for the second time. (First time Metronidazole, Lansoprazole and amoxicillin with severe side effects so I had to stop taking it, including nausea 97% of the time, abdominal cramps, loss of appetite). This is a 7 day treatment. Just finished day 1 of the medication. Took my first dose this morning, had no side effects for 4 hours. I went back to sleep and woke up with a STRONG metallic taste in my mouth that I couldn't flush out. Taken my second dose after dinner and now suffering from upper back pain on my left side. Not sure if it's a side effect from the medication. Also my guts are moving a lot more as if there's wind trapped inside. These are side effects I can handle for 7 days, hoping I don't get severe nausea"

VincciW November 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Amoxicilin/Clarithrimycin/Lansoprazole Started taking them yesterday after receiving a letter saying I have a stomach infection, after having a blood test. I have bile in my mouth 24/7 and I have been sick twice, I've had to lay down all day. Phone doc's he said now I've started the antibiotics I should keep at it. He offered sickness pills... so will have to pick that up tomorrow... well someone will have to. Hope this isnt a whole week effect! I've been on omeprazole for years, coming off them was bad for a week but after that I was fine... now I'm back unwell with 3 tablets to take. Not living the dream. Belly hurts with slight cramping, bile in mouth 24/7, calms down mid days but starts back up again when I take my next dose."

K.Cap October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For the last 2 months I've been experiencing loss of appetite, severe weight loss and acid reflux (regurgitating my food). I got tested for H.Pylori which came out positive, and the doctor put me on 3 medications (amoxicillin, Lansoprazole and clarithromycin) I'm on my first day of treatment, I'm suffering from severe stomach cramps which has lasted 5 hours now. I'm gonna carry on this medication for 7 days, I'm just praying I won't get severe side effects!!!"

VincciW (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had heartburn most of spring and summer...never had it before and I'm 65. Blamed it on rum and or coke but giving it up or switching to beer didn't really help. Over-the-counter antacid made it go away temporalley but I finally had enough and saw a doctor who diagnosed excess bacteria H and perscribed the HP-PAC. I have one day left from a seven day dose and heartburn is all gone. The way someone described it to me is "your stomach is a septic tank that needs to be cleaned out once in a while". I don't know if the symtoms will come back but it certainly did the job for now. Oh!...I had no side effects at all."

ray on fire (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "I am halfway through treatment for HPilori bacterial infection. I haven't experience side effects like some have mentioned because I was told to take PROBIOTICS while on this treatment to put good bacteria back in my system. I had previously had treatment for another problem and took antibiotics but not a probiotic and had awful side effects that took time to clear up. This time when I took probiotics with the BP Pac the results were excellent! I only have the acid taste in my mouth and feel a little tired but otherwise no other side effects. Wonderful!! The probiotic should be taken between the two doses and not with the dose."

Flygirl63 August 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "First of all, believe that the doctor had evaluated and decided that this drug has more benefits than the side effects for you. Every medicine has side effects. I completed my 14 days of prevpac today. I was having unexplained upper right stomach pain and sometimes diarrhea once or twice in a week. Initially thought its gallstones - but ultrasound confirmed its not. All blood work was normal. Upper endoscopy did not figure out any ulcers. Finally,did a stool test and confirmed the presence of h.pylori antigen and i was recommended prevpac for 14 days. I had few side effects. Headache in the evening,Mild stomach cramps, Bitter taste in mouth (specifically in the morning). Im feeling perfect nw. Be positive and that supplements the med"

Muralilee2000 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "Reading these reviews and at least good to know im not the only one who has struggled with H. Pylori. Saw multiple doctors...all brushed it off. Was finally scheduled for an upper endoscopy. Prior to the appt felt the worst ever. Symptoms over months had progressed from stomach pain and acid reflux (managed with 40mg prilosec twice a day) to fatigue, burping, chest pains, liver and spleen pain, feeling confused and delirious, diarrhea. Finally a walkin clinic dr ordered a stool sample test. Im on day 3 of PrevPac and feeling better. Metallic taste in the AM bug goes away. Loading up on probiotics...highly reccommended. Definately need to take with food. Ill have to retest in about a month but hoping this works! Best of luck to everyone!!!"

Finally some relief August 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I find the drug combination very effective."

Haruna Abali August 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was tested by the breath test that prove me to be positive. I started the 14 day regimen of Amoxicilin/Clarithrimycin/Lansoprazole and to day I'm on my 11th day of the treatment. The first day I was exhausted, the second I was exhausted and unable to muster the strength to do any activities that I wanted to do. I started the very first day taking Dr. Mercola's probiotics and high count of digestive enzymes. My experience has not proved to be that unpleasant to rid my body of the nasty H-Pylori bacteria.. The treatment has been well worth the efforts, I would highly recommend it. P.S. A Teaspoon of baking soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) destroys yeast, Mothers Vinegar is a huge +"

Roger Pate July 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prevpac (amoxicillin / clarithromycin / lansoprazole): "I will take this medicine the rest of my life if it means no more bacteria. I know that's an exaggeration. I have had diarrhea everyday, which is burning my skin around my Anus. I can live with anything as long as I'm on the right path to recovery. The diarrhea occurs all day long, without much time to get to the bathroom. But I expect many bowel movements since I'm ridding myself of a digestive bacteria. I highly recommend this medicine pack, with positive thoughts of 100% recovery in my near future."

TammyLittell July 9, 2016