User Reviews for Adalimumab

Also known as: Amjevita, Humira

Learn more about Adalimumab.

Spondyloarthritis 1 reviews 66 medications

6.8
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 2 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Adalimumab reviews 341 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Adalimumab

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about two years ago.All other medication failed so this was my last chance before an operation.The Humira has so far worked wonders although I have only been on it for about 6 weeks. The injection was so easy to administer and for me the company delivers the pre loaded pen to my home. Please don't be put off by the thought of injectin yougrself it couldn't be easier."

The Cockney (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "My daughter was 13 when diagnosed with Crohn's. I am quite certain that she has actually had it five years. They started her on Humira almost immediately. It started at bi-weekly, then she started getting it weekly. While on Humira, my daughter has been hospitalized six times in 14 months and has had surgery to get a stuck camera pill out and then a perforated bowel. I wouldn't say it has been working. I will say that the first time she had a dose, she felt hungry, which was wonderful. But it was rather short lived. We need to find something else."

Kat on the Keys February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm 47 years old and I was recently diagnosed with RA. I was very reluctant about taking this medicine after reading all the possible side effects. But I have to say that this medication change my life. The day after the first shot I felt a little worse. But after that I be feeling great no pain no side effects. I guess everybody is different. Good luck."

Chuco February 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Humira is the third medicine from this group that I have taken the other two being Enbrel and Cimzia. It is fair to say that for me it has also been the best, but unfortunately I am going to have to stop taking it for the following. Initially I had minor but long lasting mild headache on day of taking, this was followed by a urinary infection possibly caused by the Humira but the reason I must stop is that I now have tinnitus. This was mild hissing at first so I tolerated it, but now and after each injection it gets measurably worse. So me and Humira must regrettably part company, a great shame because it did/does make a very large improvement to my R. A."

Phil. Green (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "Tried every OTC medicine and nothing worked. Then I finally agreed to use Humira and I am glad I did. I am fully cleared and all my psoriasis is gone. Next question is now how long do I need to keep taking it to stay clear."

JMA21 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "So I got diagnosed with psoriasis a few years ago when my mother passed and I took humira then for only a couple of months and it went away. So just recently of last year it came back full effect but I was pregnant so couldn't really take anything. So now here In January I started back on humira I've had about 3 injections and it seems to be clearing up.. Staying positive.. I just want clear skin.. #psoriasissucks"

Tif2006 (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on humira just over a year, no side effects, it has given me my life back, its like a miracle"

Tunku January 30, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I had been on almost every medication and was on Prednisone for 2 years. I was at the end of my rope and thought I'd never get better. I reluctantly took Humira and I was so scared of giving myself shots. After the initial loading 4 I cried. I started out taking a shot every 2 weeks and it took me quite a while to actually depress the injector. I have now been on Humira weekly for over a year and my life is quite different. I am glad to get up in the morning, happy to go to work, elated to go the grocery store - all without scoping out a restroom first. I feel alive for the first time since I was diagnosed. I wait everyday for the Humira to quit working and I hope it doesn't. For now I'll take what it has given me."

Aune January 26, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I had one shot for PSA ,Psoriasis and it looks like I have gotten stung by a thousand bees and my psoriasis is worse six weeks after my shot. Needless to say I did not get the second shot. Worst drug reaction that I have ever had."

Sonomagal (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "This drug not only did not help reduce any symptoms of my Crohn's Disease, but it also caused severe issues. Though I maintained a healthy diet & stayed moderately active, I gained 15 pounds in a short amount of time on this drug. I also experienced hair loss. The most serious issue, however, is that I contracted multiple infections while on this drug. The first was a sinus infection that lasted more than two weeks. After this was over my doctor advised me to resume the Humira, and shortly afterwards, I ended up with severe sepsis that, according to several of the doctors in the hospital, probably would not have happened had I not been on Humira. I would never recommend this drug to anyone. It's not worth risking your life."

pa2787 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Made my symptoms worse and caused even more issues. The pain from the injection wasn't bad but the side effects were horrible. I say avoid this drug"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "Taken my 4th injection so far and have barely any psoriasis plaques left. Nothing else has worked I have tried multiple creams and tablets that made me sick. Now with Humira I have no side affects, I am nearly all cleared up and best of all the injection is painless"

Angelou December 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I do 40mg weekly using the prefilled syringe & oh my god. It's the most horrifying pain I've ever felt. I would tell anyone considering going on Humira to strongly reconsider & rethink your options. It may only be 10-30 seconds but it will make you cry, no matter how tough you are. It's also not helping with my Crohn's disease at all, 0 change in inflammation. Do not use this."

KJLM1999 December 28, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "After shot #1 I felt great. After shot # 2 I felt like I was having an RA flare. The night of shot #3 I felt like I might have the start of the flu. Within 2 days I had high fever, chills, teeth chattering. All my joints were in extreme pain, could not stand, felt dehydrated. Could hear my heart beat and blood whooshing in my ears. If this happens to you call 911. I took several Vitamin C & my husband helped me drink water while waiting for ambulance. I had blood poisoning due to an infected tooth ( did not realize I had a tooth problem until I was violently sick ) Your Dr will try to convince you to take these shots. Abbvie the makers of humira are marketing this to stock brokers. I think my dr. Must own stock in Abbvie / Humira. Beware!"

Rheumatoid 20 years (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I'm 50yrs old and have lived with psoriasis for half that time. I don't like to even take ibuprofen so obviously I've been reluctant to go on such a significant biologic. That said, Humira has been an absolute miracle. I'm now after 90 days 100% cleared. This is not BS. THIS IS THE TRUTH. I couldn't be happier."

Lparker6366 December 3, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I think Humira works ok for psoriasis but almost nothing for arthritis. I had to go back to enbrel so I can at least get to work. If you just have psoriasis maybe its ok./"

cheltz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Have had bowel problems all my life. In 2004 diagnosed with Crohns. Put on Pentasa and 6MP which eventually stopped working. Through the generous Abbvie Patient Assistance program I was able to start Humira in December 2015. The change was quick and dramatic. Many symptoms either disappeared or lessened. At times eating certain foods bring on cramps but they can be managed. My only fear is that one year I will not be renewed in the Abbvie program. Medicare Part D has a copay which is quite high, well beyond my financial ability. This would result in loss of relief which Humira has provided."

Jolly Professor November 26, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I would never take this drug again and I would encourage you to never take this drug. The side effects were terrible."

James1000 November 23, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "After having crohns for 47 years I just went on Humira 2 months ago. So far so good."

Buzzberm (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "Had ankylosing spondylitis and psoriasis badly, within a day I felt lots better and could get out of bed without assistance and within 3 months I had zero psoriasis or back pain, it's life changing. Had psoriasis for over 10 years and had made me very depressed, this drug is a miracle and has changed my life"

Jon Penn November 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Has anyone suffered masses in esophagus, choking on food, severe coughing fits, and hard to catch your breath while on Humari? Any feed back is greatly appreciated"

MaciBelle November 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "first the shot is very painful and i have a very high pain tolerance. the whole time i've never been in remission and for about the past year and a half it stopped working which means options are out."

Goosev8 November 8, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Humira has been a miricle, llife-saving drug for me. Along with very informed astute medical professionals, I have been fortunate to have my Crohn's Dz go into remission. THANK GOD!! Any side effects or adverse reactions to the drug have been well worth enduring! Anyone that has had a true Crohn's flare up would agree."

JOE R. (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 8, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Have been on Humira for 2 months. Discontinued Endicort as MRI showed it was not working although I felt good. Within weeks got very sick again with fatigue, joint pain and abdominal pain. I had to go off work. Gastro Doctor prescribed prednisone for 5 weeks to bide me more time for the Humira to start working which was very effective for the pain. Have just finished the prednisone 5 days ago so am waiting for my Crohns symptoms to return. So far so good but my energy level is low"

worboys October 26, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "My reaction to Humira seems to be unusual. Within 2 hours of each injection I would sleep so soundly I was not wakened even by drilling in the next room. I generally wanted to do nothing but sleep for about 36 hours after each injection and overall I was unnaturally sleepy while on the medication. For the first 2 days after each injection I experienced burning joints and a flu-like feeling with more prominent pain in my lower back. The only positive symptom was experiencing less nausea than I did prior to treatment. It was a relief to stop and "wake up"."

Creaky Cailleach (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2016