User Reviews for Adalimumab

Also known as: Humira, Hulio, Amjevita, Abrilada, Hyrimoz, Cyltezo, Hadlima

Adalimumab has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 614 ratings on Drugs.com. 56% of those users who reviewed Adalimumab reported a positive effect, while 30% reported a negative effect.

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Uveitis
Summary of Adalimumab reviews 6.4 614 reviews

Reviews for Adalimumab

NoFear19 June 2, 2021

For Psoriasis: “Starter kit with 2 self injected injections cleared my skin for awhile. Then 1 dose of injections after that wouldn't work. Methotrexate is worthless. Need to stop giving it to people as a first option. Why are dermatologist even giving people treatment of cheap stuff knowing it doesn't help at lot of people. If government can give vaccines for free there is no reason why biologics should be so expensive and no reason why government cant make the biologics for people that can't afford the high price.”

Nikki May 5, 2021

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: “I have been diagnosed with UC since I was 16, I'm now 37, so I have been on a few different medications to keep me in remission in those 21 years. I started with Remicade for a few years, but would still have flares, so then I was on a few pills while still taking Remicade. Started with Sulfasalzine (caused bad cramping in my joints) Mercaptopurine (6mp) which caused pancreatitis, which was the worst pain ever, then off and on steroids of course. I have been on 40 mg of Humira every other week for over 11 years at this point. The only few times I have been off of Humira is while I was pregnant twice during those 11 years, and once when I didn't have the insurance coverage because I changed jobs. (I had the worst flare of my life during that time without the insurance for 3 months, couldn't keep any food down, had internal bleeding and had to be rushed to the hospital after a colonoscopy) that was in 2016. Humira has been the only thing that has stopped me from having any flares.”

Speedy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 3, 2021

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: “I started using Humira in Sep 2020. I had a medium flare in December 2020. I took prednisone to control the flare. I continued Humira but again saw some blood in March. So, clearly this is not working for me.”

Mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2020

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This drug should be taken off the market. My daughter had the Rheumatoid Arthritis and had been taking Methotrexate along with other drugs. She was diagnosed with the Arthritis when she was in her early twenties, out of college. She started taking Humira last year, about 6 months into it. She died April 18, 2020. All organs in her body had been compromised by this drug. She was 32 years old. When you take this, you are gambling with your life.”

Annie · Taken for 10 years or more January 1, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 1974. I was then 24 years old. Over the years I have been prescribed many different medications - various anti-inflammatory tablets, gold injections, Arava, Methotrexate etc. I have also had surgery on my hands, elbows, feet and a replacement knee. I had many bad periods with pain, swelling and stiffness - all the symptoms that are so well known to arthritis sufferers. But I had some good years also when I was able to go to work. In 2007, after a severe flare up, I was prescribed Humira, 40mg every two weeks. The results are amazing. I haven’t had a flare up since I started using Humira. And apart from a bladder infection, quite rarely, I have had no problems. This year, now 2019, I will be on Humira 12 years and I think it is very good.”

Cinnamon Spice · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 25, 2014

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Humira gave me my life back! I received four different diagnosis by four different Rheumatologists. Diagnosis: Fibromalagia, Connective Tissue Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, lastly Lupus. I used to have severe joint pain, mostly in my legs, difficulty walking long distances, inflammation, insomnia, depression, 60lb weight gain from steroids, stomach bloating, joint stiffness throughout the night, I would toss and turn throughout the night due to the stiff achey joint pain. My legs were the most achey, I would cry at night because the pain was so unbearable. I hated when it was time for bed, because I knew pain would accompany sleep with stiffness. I felt like I was 90 years old. I was a"Hot Mess!" Thank GOD for Humira!!”

VRP · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 4, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “My Father started Humira and within 7 months was diagnosed with Lymphoma (cancer). He had an abdominal CT prior to starting Humira and there was no growth or mass. A CT scan was done 7 months after starting Humira and he had a massive abdominal growth and diagnosed with Large B Cell diffuse Lymphoma. His Rheumotologist and Oncologist both said to stop the Humira immediately and his Lymphoma was caused by Humira. He is currently on Hospice. Please be advised that Humira absolutely does cause Lymphoma in many people and is a dangerous medication.”

Mark from Boston · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 19, 2021

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “At age 52 I began to experience symptoms (swelling, joint pain). After suffering for two months, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in Feb, 2019. Was put on prednisone for a few weeks and then began weekly dose of methotrexate. After a few months of this treatment, my symptoms were slowly improving when my doctor decided to start me on Humira. I immediately began to feel better. Well enough to resume living my active lifestyle which includes running 40+ miles a week. Thankfully, any side effects have been minimal to date.”

Healing November 14, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Hidradenitis Suppurativa: “Hello, I want to share with you all that I had hydradentitis under my both arms for 2 year and I completely cured it with elimination diet. My problem was potatoes from the night shade vegetables. You can search for elimination diet in google and learn how it works. Don't forget about the Nightshades: potatoes, eggplants, peppers, and tomatoes. I am 100% sure that elimination diet will help you get rid of this disease and you will be free from it forever. God bless.”

Zapo September 2, 2014

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “Diagnosed with sero negative rheumatoid arthritis about five years ago. It came on very quickly and pain was awful. Took methotrexate, but was quite ill from side effects. Thought I Achieved remission and stopped methotrexate. Unfortunately, the disease was active and recently had a flare that has lasted for months. Blood work all negative. Rheumatologist ordered an MRI and found bone erosion in the wrists. Started Humira and had relief of symptoms shortly after. Just took second injection. The nurse who instructed me on the shots said to leave it out of refrigerator for 30 minutes, ice the site and inject. I have done both injections in my stomach with no pain. Using the Humira pen. Also iced spot for 5 minutes afterwards”

prv · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2020

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “My Father went on Humira for rheumatoid arthritis. He was diagnosed with non Hodgkins lymphoma 6 months later and his rheumatolgist took him off Humira immediately. His rheumatologist admitted that Humira caused the Lymphoma. My father died a few months later. There is a black box warning that Humira may cause Lymphoma. This drug should be taken off the market! I tried calling the FDA and sent letters and information. No Response from the FDA!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2012

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I am 47 years of age and was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at 28. I have been incapacitated every day since my diagnosis and for the last 3 - 5 years I have had difficulty driving, walking, shopping and leading a 'normal' life. This has led to a poor quality of life due to constant pain and depression. I started taking Humira about 8 weeks ago. One week after commencing I woke up feeling very strange. It took me a few hours to work out I was completely pain free. I hope it continues to be effective. It has changed my life completely.”

Howard · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 5, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I had sudden onset acute rheumatoid arthritis at age 58. Severe pain, swelling, unable to work or do much of anything. Rheumatologist put me on Humira after trying various other therapies. Was taking Methotrexate, but that started causing chest pain. The Humira was like magic for a while - the pain was much diminished. I was able to go back to work and resume very active lifestyle. After about 1 1/2 years, the side effects started. Rash at first, then a plaque-like rash with sloughing skin (which is still spreading) on my head, hands. Then boils started - very large, very slow to heal. I have to stop taking it - it is killing my immune system. Really not sure how much damage has been done to my body from this drug. There are significant risks to this drug.”

PBNYC · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2014

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I had rheumatoid arthritis onset literally overnight in wrist, and within short period, all fingers, elbows and shoulders. I have negative RF, but elevated Sed Rate. I pushed my Rheumatologist hard to get in front of the disease progression. I was on Methotrexate alone for about 10 wks, increasing dosage from 12.5mg - 17.5mg but it had marginal impact. I pushed for Humira and within 48 hrs after first injection, I noticed improvement. I'm six weeks into combination therapy and I'd say I'm 60-70% improved. Large joints are 90% better but fingers remain stubborn. Yes, the shot hurts for 10 flipping seconds. I let it get to room temp for about 30-40 minutes..speciality pharmacist said that was fine. This medicine is awesome.”

Regretable · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I've had RA, after a bout of health issues, and finding out I had Pulmonary Fibrosis (PF), from unknown causes. I guess the shock and complications from a lung biopsy pushed my body over the edge. I was started on Prednisone and Sulfasalazine, but got minimal relief. Due to the PF, doctors were reluctant to try biological drugs. I did try Orencia, but had side effects. Was placed on Enbrel, but no Relief. I finally got Humira. I took the first dose and felt strange the next day; panicked. By the next day my life was in utter chaos! I did find that if you're on Benzos, it blocks them, so I was in total withdrawal!!! I had to research that one. 4 weeks later I'm dealing with horrible headaches, depression, vertigo, tinnitus...I just pray this med gets out of my system soon! I read it may take 88-98 days to clear! Never again! No more Biological meds! Prayers for all who are suffering!”

HumiraSucksBallz · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “Any negative Ankylosing Spondylitis experience I had before taking Humira was heaven compared to the awfulness Humira has caused me. There were zero positives for me while taking Humira. Even though I quit Humira awhile ago, all of the negative symptoms Humira caused still continue on. Now I have Ankylosing Spondylitis.... + daily headaches, extreme fatigue, constantly feel like I have the flu, way more back pain than before, constant vertigo, and psoriasis all over my scalp and jawline! I vomit a little bit in my mouth every time I see one of those ridiculous Humira commercials on TV. Humira was free for me thanks to the Canadian government and my insurance. I can’t imagine actually paying for this horrible drug. My heart goes out to anyone in the US that must pay out of pocket to play Russian roulette with their health by trying Humira. I wouldn’t use Humira again if someone paid me a million dollars! Absolutely the worst experience of my life.”

Took it for RA for a year. · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 6, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “At 23 my RA got so bad that walking & lifting my hands over my head was enough to make me wince in pain. Doc prescribed me Humira, and my pain went away overnight (literally). I continued taking it for a year, and I haven't had a single notable flare-up since the first injection. I still get random SMALL aches but they're completely forgetabble. Can't say the list of long-term side effects don't scare me. So since I feel 100%, I've decided I no longer want it. Have actually been off the med for about 6 months now and not a single flare-up. Doc pressured me to mix it with Methotrexate, but I'm not a human test subject so that ain't happening. Doctors, please listen to your patients. If they feel great, don't force MORE meds on them.”

Kirky · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 9, 2013

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: “It was hard for my mom to find a Dermatoligist in my area to start me on Humira because I was 14 years old. I was covered from head to toe and my fingernails and toenails were so thick and painful. I had been suffering since the age of 3 and we had tried everything known to Physicians and man. Finally a Dermatologist started me on two 40 mg shots per month. BAM! I was completely clear in 2 months. And I can honestly and whole-heartedly say that Humira has given me my life. I am now a thriving 16 year old 10th grader. My grades have dramatically improved. I can write without pain. I can walk and wear shoes without pain. I had never worn a pair of shorts to school and now I wear shorts and swim. Humira was a miracle for me and my family.”

Oceanj · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 12, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “I am 32, and as a child I was incredibly active. Around the age of 20 I started showing signs of AS, and was constantly in and out of the Drs, begging to be looked at- they shrugged me off as making it up, fibromyalgia, endometriosis, diabetes- it wasn't until at 25 I was completely incapable of turning my head & had trouble walking that someone took me serious. A specialist discovered I had AS. I only started Humira in Dec of 2015, a 40mg dose every 14 days. The morning after I woke up and just lay there in shock- I hadn't felt like this since I was just a kid. I sat up in bed and just sobbed. I am so thankful for Humira every single day. I walk everywhere, I can skip up the steps- my neck may be permanently frozen, but I am hopeful”

TJ August 3, 2020

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: “It has been about a year for me taking Humira. I was actually quite concerned before starting it as I read all sorts of reviews claiming stuff like getting cancer and such and I almost didn't take the drug out of fear. Having suffered from Anklylosing Spondylitis for a better part of 15 years and trying everything from different kinds of pain killers, muscle relaxants, chiropracters to months of physio therapy, I had just learned to live with back pain and dreaded it every morning. Humira has been a miracle drug for me so far. I haven't had any pain whatsoever since the first two weeks of starting it. Blood work is all normal and haven't had any reactions or side effects other than some redness on the area where I inject it. The pain from injecting was also way exaggerated in the reviews. It is a little painful but 5-10 secs of light pain is nothing compared to the relief it provides.”

RA in SD · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2013

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “l have had rheumatoid arthritis now for 7 years, it runs in my family both grandmothers, my parents, my 5 siblings. I have been taking methotrexate injections for 2 years plus Celebrex & Plaquenil along with controlled pain medication. I thought is this the way my life is going to be, always in pain. I started Humira about 3 weeks ago & WOW after the 1st injection the next day I could not believe how much my pain and stiffness had decrease, I could actually get up by myself in the morning. I take my shot every 2 weeks, I start noticing about the Friday or Saturday a little stiffness and feeling achy and know its time for the next dose. I have experienced a lot of pain, burning & stinging on the injection site. I have learned what works for me is to lie down.”

Vod · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 12, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: “I have been on weekly doses of Humira for 5 years now. My Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is very much under control. People need to realize that not all drugs work for everyone. I am lucky Humira has worked for me. The only side effects I have are constant runny nose, mild stomach aches and minor joint pain, which can actually be from the U.C and not necessarily the Humira. For those that find the injections painful, I suggest you let the pen warm up for 20 minutes before you do your injection. I don't like taking any meds, but when you have no options, being on Humira is a much better than having severe U.C. symptoms all day and night.”

Anonymous August 27, 2016

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “My mother was taking this drug twice monthly. She had been on it once before for aut 2 years and had great results. She had to stop because of an operation. Later on her arthritis caused so much pain and she requested this medicine again. She took it again for 3 months and was so happy to be able to get around. She then got scratched by her dog, took the shot and by the next morning she had a 104 fever and infection spread throughout her body. She went into a coma state and never came out of it. She died from septic shock 6 days later. Use with extreme caution. Do not use if you even get a scratch or sore as it lowers your immune system and may cause death from an infection.”

Anonymous November 28, 2011

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I take Humira for rheumatoid arthritis and so far it's the only medicine that works for me. I've tried Plaquenil and methotrexate but they don't even touch the pain/swelling. I began to feel relief the morning after the first shot of Humira. Don't let the instructions scare you. The shot is not painful. I let it stand on the counter 15 minutes before I give it so it's not so cold. My Doctor suggested that I sit in a straight back chair so that the abdominal area is already pinched and you'll have both hands free, then pick a spot on my stomach that's 2 inches away from the navel and just do as the directions explain. You won't feel the needle, but the medication will burn just a little. I can't even say it hurts. Don't be afraid.”

Jodi H. · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was diagnosed with RA (rheumatoid arthritis) about 4 years ago and my rheumatologist started me on Xeljanz and it was a miracle drug. I was 100% pain free. Unfortunately after a few years it wasn’t working anymore and she decided to start me on Humira and Methotrexate which isn’t doing anything for me. I’ve been on the Humira and Methotrexate for about 2 months now and I’m so discouraged because I’m not getting any relief at all. My feet are swollen, burning, and I can hardly walk. I think I’m going to continue this for another month and if nothing I’m going to talk to my doctor about a different medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2012

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I was against taking this medication until my flare-ups were so bad I was not able to walk or use my arm. I am so grateful for this medication. I just had my 3rd dose (every other week). Other than the extreme pain during the shot and a bit unsettled for about 10 minutes after, I say this medication is a miracle. I am 99.75% pain free ~ the first time in over a year. So far no side effects other than very thirsty. Cutting down on coffee and have increased my water intake. I worry about possible future side effects but not being able to move is not living.”

Saoakley April 25, 2013

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: “I have had psoriasis since I was 5 years old, today I am 63 years old. When I started to take the Humira injections about a 1 1/2 years ago I was a little afraid of the results. I had not been clear since the age of 5 so I was in doubt that this would clear my body. But shortly after taking the injections my psoriasis went away and I am still clear today. It has been so wonderful not to have to wear long sleeves and long pants for the first time in my life. Thank you Humira for helping me. This has been a miracle for me!”

DeeDee September 14, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I've been on Humira for 4 months now and the wide spread of pain and respiratory symptoms have been a nightmare. My rheumatologist stopped the Humira because she too had never seen such a bad reaction.”