User Reviews for Adalimumab

Also known as: Humira, ...show all 9 brand namesHumira Pen, Humira Pen Crohns/UlcerColit/HidraSuppur, Humira Pen Psoriasis/Uveitis Starter Package, Humira Pediatric, Humira Pediatric Crohn's Disease Starter Pack, Humira Pre-Filled Syringe, Humira Pen Psoriasis/Uveitis/Adol HidraSuppur Starter Pack, Humira Pen Crohns/Ulcer Colitis/Hidradenitis Suppurati StrPk

Behcet's Disease

Hidradenitis Suppurativa
3.6

Summary of Adalimumab reviews 6.9 502 reviews

Reviews for Adalimumab

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with RA (rheumatoid arthritis) about 4 years ago and my rheumatologist started me on Xeljanz and it was a miracle drug. I was 100% pain free. Unfortunately after a few years it wasn’t working anymore and she decided to start me on Humira and Methotrexate which isn’t doing anything for me. I’ve been on the Humira and Methotrexate for about 2 months now and I’m so discouraged because I’m not getting any relief at all. My feet are swollen, burning, and I can hardly walk. I think I’m going to continue this for another month and if nothing I’m going to talk to my doctor about a different medication."

Jodi H. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed with RA at 22yrs. Started with Plaquenil, it helped for a year then we added methotrexate. Took some time to get the dose right due to nausea. That combo helped for about 2 years. Then added Enbrel. Added Meloxicam. Prednisone as needed for the worst flareups. After serious ulcers I stopped the meloxicam and prednisone as they both increase changes of getting ulcers. Enbrel only worked for 1.5yrs. Just switched to Humira, still taking plaquenil and methotrexate. I prefer the syringes to the pens. Some relief in the first week, hoping it works for more than a year or two. Many illnesses due to the compromised immune system, and extreme fatigue, but my RA is so severe I am fully disabled without these meds. I hope I can find one that will last a little longer. With the Humira support card, I have not had to pay for this drug."

Bosh (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "HUMIRA has worked great for 4 years. Dr prescribed New Citrate free HUMIRA, been on it for 2 1/2 months. My hands are weak again, my feet hurt/burn again, I’m tired and cold all the time. I’m calling Dr to ask for script for original humira. I’ll take the little pain of original over the not helping citrate free."

Lindy (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I have been on weekly doses of Humira for 5 years now. My Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is very much under control. People need to realize that not all drugs work for everyone. I am lucky Humira has worked for me. The only side effects I have are constant runny nose, mild stomach aches and minor joint pain, which can actually be from the U.C and not necessarily the Humira. For those that find the injections painful, I suggest you let the pen warm up for 20 minutes before you do your injection. I don't like taking any meds, but when you have no options, being on Humira is a much better than having severe U.C. symptoms all day and night."

Vod (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 12, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: "My hair was falling out soon after the Humira injections and I had frequent nose bleeds. My Dr. changed to Remicade and no more hair loss. I have Crohns in remission but this new med has helped my back problem more than anything. No Humira for me!!!!"

sadie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "When I was 29 I noticed a rash on my groin that grew slowly. Doctors prescribed topical antibiotics. Self medicated with OTC cortisone for almost 10 yrs. Then rashes began spreading to other areas of my body. Managed for a bit with cortisone creams, coal tar, etc. At that point I was pretty sure it was psoriasis. At 38 I finally went to a dermatologist and he confirmed. Started me on tacrolimus/pimecrolimus for sensitive areas and topical steroids for all others. That helped keep the scaling from being too bad, but plaques continued to spread. He upped the strength of the topical steroids to no avail. Finally, at 40 yrs old, doctor prescribed Humira and I had 100% clearance within 3 months. Unfortunately, the plaques are beginning to appear again. Doctor said to start with topical steroids again. I may ask to try another biologic with a different target like IL-17 or IL-23 (Taltz, Cosentyx or Stelara) before I become completely resistant to TNF blockers."

jrock (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 7, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Humira is absolutely horrendous Humira created a life of hell for me the psychological issues like aggression, anger, anxiety, depression were out of control add the torture of crippling joint pain in places never experienced before making life unbearable. This all started within weeks of starting humira and didn't stop until I stopped injecting this drug. You don't notice the slow onset of psychological problems until others tell you have been completely out of control like a different person. The physical pain never lets you forget that's happening. It's easy to keep telling yourself that your illness is getting worse when the reality is that your medication is causing more problems than its curing."

Familyguydad March 7, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I am 50 years old and have had UC since I was in my late 20's. I was on Remicade from 2006-2014 when it just stopped helping my symptoms. I have been hospitalized many times for UC and on the Remicade, when it was working it was wonderful. In early 2014 my symptoms returned and I felt horrible for months and that is when my Doctor prescribed Humira 40mg. every other week. I started in July of 2014 and have had NO UC symptoms at all. It has been a lifesaver. I have to have a colonoscopy every 2 years due to my UC and my last one in Jan. 2017 showed NO signs of the UC...Doc said best scan I have had in 10 years. Humira is so worth it and much easier than Remicade."

Beck (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My Father started Humira and within 7 months was diagnosed with Lymphoma (cancer). He had an abdominal CT prior to starting Humira and there was no growth or mass. A CT scan was done 7 months after starting Humira and he had a massive abdominal growth and diagnosed with Large B Cell diffuse Lymphoma. His Rheumotologist and Oncologist both said to stop the Humira immediately and his Lymphoma was caused by Humira. He is currently on Hospice. Please be advised that Humira absolutely does cause Lymphoma in many people and is a dangerous medication."

VRP (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 4, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I have been on this drug for close to 8 years now. Humira has done a fantastic job for me. Personally, when I began I was at close to 40% coverage on my body with countless tiny spots almost everywhere. Within 4 months, I was down to only quarter sized spots on my knees and elbows. Currently I only have one very small spot on one knee. It has been a fantastic drug."

Q (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 2, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It seems like it is helping! When I tried to cut down to an injection once every three weeks my symptoms seemed to increase. Consequently, I went back to injecting once every two weeks. I am also on leflunomide, Low dose naltrexone And eat healthy."

Gogo (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "My son has crohns was on inflaxmab but developed antibodies,started humira after the second dose saw improvement right away. Symptoms have nearly all gone we are seeing the changes daily."

Rose February 27, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had sudden onset acute rheumatoid arthritis at age 58. Severe pain, swelling, unable to work or do much of anything. Rheumatologist put me on Humira after trying various other therapies. Was taking Methotrexate, but that started causing chest pain. The Humira was like magic for a while - the pain was much diminished. I was able to go back to work and resume very active lifestyle. After about 1 1/2 years, the side effects started. Rash at first, then a plaque-like rash with sloughing skin (which is still spreading) on my head, hands. Then boils started - very large, very slow to heal. I have to stop taking it - it is killing my immune system. Really not sure how much damage has been done to my body from this drug. There are significant risks to this drug."

Howard (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 5, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I usually would have a mild flare once a year. 2018 was the worst year for me EVER. I was so sick so I was originally put on remicade... I had lots of side effects and eventually built up antibodies. Then I started Humira <3 I do the pen! The shots don’t hurt at all (I do them in my stomach) I take 40mgs every two weeks. I’ve been on humira for a few months and I can say I’m 100% UC symptom free!!! Which I’ve never been able to 100% say before. Thank you Humira for saving my colon and giving me my life back!!!"

Em January 30, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "18 yrs old; diagnosed with JRA in Jan. 2018. Take 6 pills of Methotrexate every week, one Humira shot every 2 weeks. Not the healthiest eater, notice when I do eat healthy major differences in effects. Take medications every Saturday night to sleep off pain. When I didn't care about diet I felt extreme effects of a headache and pain in the stomach. Noticed that if I eat a lot of food that day my effects aren't bad. Watch your diet !! With Humira the first few months I noticed pain went away. Was so happy, now I think that it isn't helping anymore. Feet still ache because of cold weather but the first few months I had no pain. I read reviews and the mention of tinnitus comes a lot. I thought ears may ring/hum because wearing earbuds but starting to believe that it may be caused by Humira. My doc told me I may need to take another med or Humira every week. After one year I shouldn't be given more medication but instead see improvements."

CB January 28, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This drug had many painful side effects. My doctor took me off this medication."

Harry (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "Humira took about 3-4 months to kick in. Works generally well for arthritis, but I still get flare-ups a few times a week. Unfortunately, it did little to nothing for my psoriasis...in a matter of fact, a couple of new patches popped up on my arms. I was previously on Methotrexate which basically "cured" 99.9% of my pain and psoriasis. I had to get off of it due to severe side effects (nausea, vertigo, mood changes, etc.). Hoping to find an alternative drug that works."

Bear (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease 3 years ago. Doctor put me on Humira Injections every 2 weeks. The first year went smooth. My Crohn's was in remission and I was able to work again. After the first year I experienced mood changes, tiredness, developed heart burn, esophageal spasms and back pain that put me in the hospital twice. Within the last 6 months every time I take the Humira injection within 48 hours I am experiencing severe diarrhea, throwing up with stomach pains, hot flashes and severe depression that lasts a few days. I had also had a Sinus infection for 4 weeks. Went off the Humira for a month now and am back to normal. My husband swears Humira is evil. I will never go back on any Biologic."

Sufferer (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I have been on Humira for 4 years now & I can't say enough about its ability to clear my skin & help my joint pain. I have had psoriasis since I was 5 years old, am 23 now. I tried creams, steroids, and light treatments for about a year in high school. Starting Humira it was 4 months to clear skin (90%), which was amazing since I hadn't had clear skin like this since before I could remember. Negative side effects include unexplained headaches, nausea, and when I get sick it is always very bad, meaning the flu becomes a whole week+ of severe symptoms. Something else I deal with are painful injections and pain at the injection site. (Tips) Try massaging your thigh first and numb it with ice, also let your meds warm a little for 10 minutes. Overall, despite the cons, I really love being able to wear anything I want and Humira is worth it for me!"

Em January 23, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: "I was put on Humira in June 2018 during a two-week long hospitalization for a serious Crohn's flare. Oral and IV prednisone/solu medrol weren't working to stop the flare (bleeding, 30+ trips daily to defecate mostly blood, severe weight loss, anemia, inability to hold food/liquids, pain, muscle atrophy, etc.), so Humira was introduced. Initially, I had SEVERE hair loss - clumps in my hands when I brushed/washed - that could also have been exacerbated by stopping corticosteroids. Seemingly put me into mostly symptomatic remission, and has worked for 7 months without any major issues. Have had one cold virus, which wasn't any worse than usual. Seemed to also heavily dry my skin. Leading up to my biweekly injections and shortly after, I experience sharp pains in my feet. I've also developed moderate arthritis, which can be a symptom of Crohn's. So far, I have to say I'm pleased with Humira."

Christina F. January 18, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed RA 2012 tried many meds then prescribed Humira. Worked well for RA but everyday I was getting weaker and weaker. Caused my vitamin d deficiency and also Mono. To top it all I now have lymphoma. Please watch your vitamin d levels. Also I have kidney stones. Tough go trying to get just comfortable."

Red (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis: "The pricing for adalimumab is out of control. No medicare drug plans carry this drug and tried paf and was denied. This drug should not be advertised on TV if it is not an option for some one on medicare."

v (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Hidradenitis Suppurativa: "Unfortunately, Humira made my HS worse rather than better. It was concentrated mostly in my groin area with a few spots showing up sporadically under my arms. After injecting myself weekly for 15 months, I now have lesions that are uncontrollable in my groin and buttock area (including my outer hip area), around my breasts, traveling up my neck and head, and all around my face. I can't believe this is what I have to deal with now."

KiwiF (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 1974. I was then 24 years old. Over the years I have been prescribed many different medications - various anti-inflammatory tablets, gold injections, Arava, Methotrexate etc. I have also had surgery on my hands, elbows, feet and a replacement knee. I had many bad periods with pain, swelling and stiffness - all the symptoms that are so well known to arthritis sufferers. But I had some good years also when I was able to go to work. In 2007, after a severe flare up, I was prescribed Humira, 40mg every two weeks. The results are amazing. I haven’t had a flare up since I started using Humira. And apart from a bladder infection, quite rarely, I have had no problems. This year, now 2019, I will be on Humira 12 years and I think it is very good."

Annie (taken for 10 years or more) January 1, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I’ve been on Humira for 5 months and it’s has not helped me at all. It has made me worse to the point in stay in bed most of the time. It has made me hurt in places that I didn’t hurt to begin with. Before my back and hips hurt me now my Fingers bands and shoulders and knees kill me. I wish I had of listened to myself and stopped after 3 months instead of keep taking it. I hope it helps you but it didn’t me."

Donna R December 25, 2018