User Reviews for Adalimumab systemic

Also known as: Humira, ...show all 9 brand namesHumira Pen, Humira Pen Crohns/UlcerColit/HidraSuppur, Humira Pen Psoriasis/Uveitis Starter Package, Humira Pediatric, Humira Pediatric Crohn's Disease Starter Pack, Humira Pre-Filled Syringe, Humira Pen Adoles Psoriasis/Uveitis/HidraSuppur Starter Pack, Humira Pen Crohns/UlcerColit/HidraSuppur Starter Pack

Behcet's Disease

Hidradenitis Suppurativa
3.6

Summary of Adalimumab reviews 6.9 483 reviews

Reviews for Adalimumab

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: "I was put on Humira in June 2018 during a two-week long hospitalization for a serious Crohn's flare. Oral and IV prednisone/solu medrol weren't working to stop the flare (bleeding, 30+ trips daily to defecate mostly blood, severe weight loss, anemia, inability to hold food/liquids, pain, muscle atrophy, etc.), so Humira was introduced. Initially, I had SEVERE hair loss - clumps in my hands when I brushed/washed - that could also have been exacerbated by stopping corticosteroids. Seemingly put me into mostly symptomatic remission, and has worked for 7 months without any major issues. Have had one cold virus, which wasn't any worse than usual. Seemed to also heavily dry my skin. Leading up to my biweekly injections and shortly after, I experience sharp pains in my feet. I've also developed moderate arthritis, which can be a symptom of Crohn's. So far, I have to say I'm pleased with Humira."

Christina F. January 18, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed RA 2012 tried many meds then prescribed Humira. Worked well for RA but everyday I was getting weaker and weaker. Caused my vitamin d deficiency and also Mono. To top it all I now have lymphoma. Please watch your vitamin d levels. Also I have kidney stones. Tough go trying to get just comfortable."

Red (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis: "The pricing for adalimumab is out of control. No medicare drug plans carry this drug and tried paf and was denied. This drug should not be advertised on TV if it is not an option for some one on medicare."

v (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Hidradenitis Suppurativa: "Unfortunately, Humira made my HS worse rather than better. It was concentrated mostly in my groin area with a few spots showing up sporadically under my arms. After injecting myself weekly for 15 months, I now have lesions that are uncontrollable in my groin and buttock area (including my outer hip area), around my breasts, traveling up my neck and head, and all around my face. I can't believe this is what I have to deal with now."

KiwiF (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 1974. I was then 24 years old. Over the years I have been prescribed many different medications - various anti-inflammatory tablets, gold injections, Arava, Methotrexate etc. I have also had surgery on my hands, elbows, feet and a replacement knee. I had many bad periods with pain, swelling and stiffness - all the symptoms that are so well known to arthritis sufferers. But I had some good years also when I was able to go to work. In 2007, after a severe flare up, I was prescribed Humira, 40mg every two weeks. The results are amazing. I haven’t had a flare up since I started using Humira. And apart from a bladder infection, quite rarely, I have had no problems. This year, now 2019, I will be on Humira 12 years and I think it is very good."

Annie (taken for 10 years or more) January 1, 2019

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I’ve been on Humira for 5 months and it’s has not helped me at all. It has made me worse to the point in stay in bed most of the time. It has made me hurt in places that I didn’t hurt to begin with. Before my back and hips hurt me now my Fingers bands and shoulders and knees kill me. I wish I had of listened to myself and stopped after 3 months instead of keep taking it. I hope it helps you but it didn’t me."

Donna R December 25, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "I resisted taking this drug for at least a couple of years, but finally gave it a try. Sulfasalazine didn't do all that much by itself. After about 3 months, the pain was significantly lessened. I could walk much easier, the back pain much lessened. After about a year, shingles. Oh, joy. About 3 months after that, huge, ulcerated sores started developing. No one could explain what they were. Copious drainage, would not heal. Completely stopped taking Humira at that point. Took 2 months to stop new sores from cropping up. Every single one is still present, 4 months later, in various stages of healing. Do NOT take this drug if you have ANY other option. I shudder to think what it's doing or has done that I don't know about yet."

Kim (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 19, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "Useless snake oil drug produced by company that charges an outrageous amount ($1200 per month) with no assistance. This is disgusting."

Boston Jeff (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I was born premature and lost all of my large intestine to gangrene before I weighed 5lbs. I have had severe diarrhea my whole life. I finally found out I have Crohn's in 2013. I have been on Humira since then. It does absolutely nothing for the symptoms the only thing it did was take away my intestinal ulcers. I have constant cellulitis infections in my skin even to the point of having a abscesses which had to be surgically removed, urinary tract infections, major headaches, and so many more side effects it’s unreal. But apparently I’m in remission. I suffer greatly everyday if this is remission I’m not sure I want to continue this path. To many cancer and deadly risks with this medicine. Just for some crappy ulcers to be gone. To top it all off I now have hidradenitis suppurativa, I can assure you it does nothing to help that the suffering is real. Wishing you all the best and better luck and relief than me. God bless"

2008 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 6, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "I took for 10 months and it was like taking nothing."

I.TCH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Hidradenitis Suppurativa: "Took Humira for five months. At first things were promising but then it seemed to have no effect at all. Now off it 2 months and have psoriasis which I never had before - I was taking it for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. A big regret taking this drug."

dotsie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2015. I started on Pentasa which helped me for the first 6 months. I was having 4-5 loose stools every day and horrible abdominal pain. The quality of my life was going down. I lost 25 lbs at that time. In the beginning of this year, I decided to start Humira. I can say that now, after 9 months of taking it, my quality of life improved tremendously. I was able to gain my 25 lbs back, no pain, no diarrhea. The only thing I have to deal now, are the side effects. My headaches started a week ago and I am a little worried about it. Has anybody used Humira for longer than 4 years? Also, has anybody suffered from heart failure as a side effect of Humira?"

Claudia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I have severe Pancolitis. I tried every medicine (except Remicade) and nothing helped. I HATE needles so I was very hesitant to try Humira. BUT, my symptoms were so horrible that I would do anything to not have to lay on the bathroom floor in agony as I couldn't get a ride to the hospital and couldn't leave the toilet, again! I have to say this has been a miracle drug for me. Don't get me wrong - I have to avoid dairy (and, for example, last night I found some peanut butter-filled chocolate Twinkies --- heaven to me - so decided to just try one (or two) at night and see if I could slide these in--NOPE - at work today had an accident and other unspeakable things happened so won't do that again). Anyhow, I digress.....LOVE this medicine - HATE the shots but they are quick. Just shoot the pen...wait for the "swoosh" sound and you are done! This medicine has changed my life. I keep hoping that it will continue to be this way forever. I can dream, can't I?"

Turtlepants October 24, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "2015 diagnosis of UC & RA. Methotrexate was silently killing my liver. Canasa is a waste of time except at night during a flare. Sulfasalazine & Humira combo is working. No rashes. Skipped 2 doses when I had a cold. Humira has a half life of 82 days and took 90 days to begin working. I swim 2/3 days a week with Masters, my BP good. Exercise is difficult but work well with the meds. Took trazadone for the first year for anxiety. Overall Humira seems good but there are other choices"

UC RA alphabet soup (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Took this medication when flexiril and anti inflammatory drugs quit helping my AS pain. Was on it a few months and ended up with lowered immune system and several illnesses because of the humira. My doctor took me off of it and then quit working where I live . New doctor hasn't wanted to risk medication similar to this yet. Good points are it helped my pain disappear almost completely. Bad point it also made me extremely tired at first."

Sara (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have been on Humira 6 months, from the first dose I notice completely improvement no pain, but as I continue a shot every 2 weeks I was getting out of breath I couldn’t walk outside got worse with body burning and aching chills no appetite , and also I gain 40lb I stop it finally this morning I am starting to feel better"

Lulu (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "My insurance company insisted I had to take Humira. I was on it for less than a week and I started running a fever. Ran a fever for 3 weeks, went to Dr. had lung infection. Took antibiotic, went off Humira. Started again when infection was gone and a week later. I had the fever and infection again. I also had an allergic reaction at the injection site. Hot, red and swollen, the size of a melon on my stomach. Had to have steroid to get it to go away. Bad drug."

Jan (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease about four years ago now. I was started on humira about 5 months ago following a bowel obstruction. Although my Crohn's symptoms have greatly diminished, I have been noticing a lot of side effects, such as fatigue, hair loss, sore and swollen joints and a lot of nausea. With the Crohn's I was in pain, but felt like myself. On the humira I’m in significantly less pain, but don’t feel like myself. I guess it’s a bit of a give and take."

Brittney (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Dealing with needles the last 20 years of my life, I didn't think I'd have a problem. But, I dread every other Monday with humira. It actually hurts when injecting. And my thigh or stomach goes red and is sore for 3 days after injection. Plus I am overly tired in this time frame which makes working 12 hour shifts challenging. Is it working? After 4 months I'm still open to it, but I haven't noticed any changes. Like I said, I've never been afraid of needles until now. This pen thing really sucks."

T (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Hidradenitis Suppurativa: "I have had HS for a number of years, and was quite happy when I was finally put on Humira. I had such high hopes and was elated in January 2018 when I started taking this drug. During the first couple of months (I'm assuming because of the initial high dosage) I was completely clear of all HS signs. since then, I have had infection after infection, my HS has gotten worse and never lets up now. I'm going to see my doctor today and asking to be removed from this treatment. Not only is my HS getting progressively worse, my psoriasis has also flared up. Prior to Humira my psoriasis was completely under control. I was very hopeful this drug would take away the pain/discomfort/embarrassment of HS. But I think it's only made it worse. :("

no luck for me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 25, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease: "I don’t feel better. I’ve had a bad reaction."

Ricky (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Jean, I lost about 40% of my hair last year and it totally freaked me out!! I was not taking HUMIRA at the time. My doctor said it was likely from the stress and trauma of my Crohn's flare. It happens sometimes. I tried all kind of hair vitamins and special products, but I didn’t see mine change until I started using Monat hair products. I was very sceptical of the products, but they worked! My hair had grown back and it feels super healthy. Products are pretty expensive but last a decent amount of time and are worth it. Good luck to you. I hope this helps! Just took my very first injection this morning. My fingers are crossed!!"

JM (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Been on it since October 27th, 2017. Have seen little improvement. Only recently (August 28th, 2018) have I noticed there is no more blood in my stool and the frequent bowel movements have decreased dramatically. Can no longer consume dairy. Cannot drink any sodas. Dark sodas hurt so much it is unbearable. Have needed one blood transfusion before humira and another one while on it. Also needed an iron infusion. Have been on 4 mesalamine daily along with the humira. Only worked for a week after Aug. 28th and then symptoms returned but have been lesser. So basically I must be unlucky because what should have taken about 3 months took 10 months to see little results. I am 19 (20 in a month) and have been suffering with ulcerative colitis since 16. Not sure how all of you do it but I am feeling so overwhelmed by how much my life has had to change from this disease. It has given me such unbearable anxiety that affects my daily life. I have hated every moment of this experience."

diazrachel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Hidradenitis Suppurativa: "Have had Hidradenitis Suppurativa since childhood (before puberty) Stage 2 Hurley And... Colitis, IBD No pain for me when injection in tummy. I feel like superman for 30 min after injection. I feel great. It has reduced lesions every time. The more I build up in my system, the less lesions there are occurring. I’m so happy I am on this drug. I delayed taking the drug after reading scary reviews. I’m glad I went ahead anyway. It has been great for me."

BB (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: "Have been on it for almost three months, guttate psoriasis is getting worse than to start with. Breaking out all over my lower legs worse than ever there. The rest of my areas affected (arms and thighs are about the same. Dermatologist is switching me to Cosentyx, hope that works for me."

Pichachu (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...