User Reviews for Adalimumab to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

Also known as: Humira, Hulio, Amjevita, Abrilada, Hyrimoz, Cyltezo, Hadlima

Adalimumab has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 81 ratings for the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis. 57% of those users who reviewed Adalimumab reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Adalimumab Rating Summary

6.8/10 average rating

Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Adalimumab

Ak71 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2021

Humira (adalimumab): “These pens have serious quality control issues. I started taking in mid December. Now it is the end of April. Of the last 2 batches, each with 2 pens each, 3 of them completely leaked. I followed the normal procedure which had worked first 6 times. It is very frustrating to go through this for such an expensive medicine. My insurance covers most of it. So, my monetary loss is nominal. But, if anybody is paying multiple hundreds, this would have serious psychological impact. How can you trust the medicine for such chronic and oppressive conditions when the device itself not reliable? I hate Humira and it’s manufacturer now.”

Abby · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2021

Humira (adalimumab): “I was on Humira for 6 months and it never changed anything for me.”

Kg · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2021

Humira (adalimumab): “I started Humira in hopes it would reduce my flare ups. I was already on methotrexate. My actual psoriasis was non existant for years. As soon as I started Humira, my psoriasis exploded everywhere and flare ups started again. Not was I was hoping.”

Analogkidd August 12, 2016

Humira (adalimumab): “I suffered from psoriasis for about 5 years and then started with severe pain in my fingers, then my wrist, elbows, shoulders, knees, and finally my toes. I had no idea what was wrong with me and I literally thought I was dying. I was only 46 years old. I was finally diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I started Humira and within 2 weeks I was pain free and have been since. I have been on Humira for over 2 years now. I have not suffered from any side effects at all. Humira also cleared up my skin about 90%, and the only symptom I still have from the PA is the fatigue. Before Humira I could not throw football with my kids or catch a football I was in so much pain, now I can throw ball, ride bike, play basketball whatever I want to do.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2012

Humira (adalimumab): “I have been experiencing extreme pain since 2009 from psoriatic arthritis, tried methotrexate no luck, finally started Humira 72 hours ago and already no pain whatsoever. A lot faster than I ever expected. The injection is not bad at all, a very small needle with a slight sting, but I'll take a 5 minute sting over the pain I had any day. I have not had any side effects yet I will edit this post if I do in future. I found these post very helpful with my decision to start Humira so I though I would return the favor.”

Sparksfly · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 21, 2016

Humira (adalimumab): “I was put on Humira when I was 25 and I am now currently 31. The first thing I noticed was that it cleared up my plaque psoriasis very quickly. My nails and scalp looked normal within 3-4 weeks. I have PsA in my spine, ankles, knees and hands. I was having trouble walking and experienced chronic fatigue which caused me to gain 20 lbs very quickly. I would fall asleep from exhaustion after getting myself showered and dressed. After the Humira took effect I had my energy back. I could exercise again and I was back to doing the things I enjoyed. I still experience flare ups (mostly due to stress) and I still have difficulty sitting for long periods of time, but this drug was life changing. Vicodin helps me with the flare ups.”

Dave · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 13, 2020

Humira (adalimumab): “Fantastic response, no sides effects except for occasional bruise. I thought it would take a few weeks/ months to really notice a difference. Reality was big impact after only a few days. One of those cliche ‘feel I have been given my life back’ moments. I really have very little signs of any disease. I was very concerned about risks but strangely I have not even had a common cold in 2 years !”

NH · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 25, 2020

Humira (adalimumab): “I was started on methotrexate initially and had a really bad experience with it, felt exhausted with back pain and lost my appetite then started having cough, when I saw my doctor and he did a CT scan of my chest and I was told that I have lung inflammation caused by methotrexate and that I have to stop it. I was started on humera afterwards and it really changed everything, I felt better within few days started biking, appetite back to normal and only had little discomfort in my joint occasionally. I have been on it for close to 4 years now. I feel the drug is loosing its effect and I might be switching to a different medication in few months.”

DENNY, AGE 56 · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2016

Humira (adalimumab): “I have had Psoriasis for 32 long years on scalp, knees, elbows, back, sides, rear end area and have tried all the prescription creams and steroid injections, salt water and all the home remedies. Some helped but never got down below 20% coverage. The past 2 years I have had psoriatic arthritis in my toes, elbows, back, hips and neck. On 24 June 2016 I injected myself with Humira, within 2 days my pain throughout my body had gone down to a pain level of 1 to 2 from an 8 on a scale of 10. I have not seen anything like it !!!! I have taken my second dose and the pain level is around 1. I was blaming my pain and stiffness on old age, I feel like I better than I have in 20 years. My psoriasis have lost all the scale and are smooth.”

Anonymous January 20, 2012

Humira (adalimumab): “I'm 22 years old and I was only 19 when I got diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. At first, I didn't know what was happening to me. I suddenly couldn't do my daily exercise because my knees, feet, arms, fingers, back and neck started to hurt so bad that it was difficult for me to get out of bed, not to mention getting down the stairs. Every rheumatologist appointment was turning into a torture session with the cortisone injections and liquid being removed from my knees. Methotrexate did not do me good, so my doctor finally decided to start filling papers for my Humira injection. 1st injection was last week and WOW! is all I got to say. I've never been so happy in my life. My mornings are painless and now I work 10 hours a day without any Tylenol or prednisone.”

A Momma July 5, 2013

Humira (adalimumab): “My son was diagnosed with Juvenile Psoriatic Arthritis when he was in fourth grade. By the time he was finally diagnosed he was in a wheelchair and unable to move most of his major joints...even his jaw was affected due to the severe arthritis. Today I can say thanks to God, Humira, and monthly visits to Shriner's Hospital he has graduated from High School and is now in REMISSION!”

Creaky man-89 · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2014

Humira (adalimumab): “I have had psoriasis since I was 15 and mild psoriatic arthritis since I was 20, now four years later my psoriasis started to flare up after nearly a three and a half year remission due to treatment and develop in all the old places with it came severe psoriatic arthritis. Over the course of four months I went from moving normally to being in severe nearly constant pain and walking with a cane. I went to my dermatologist to see about any treatments and she prescribed me Humira. The day after the first two pen treatment I was walking with little pain and within a week I didn't need a cane any more. So far the only side effect I have had was a mild headache after the injection. Humira essentially gave me my life back.”

steve130 May 24, 2014

Humira (adalimumab): “I have used this for over a year and a half at first it worked fine however now after long term use I have started to have some heart issues. I'm only 53, have had good heart. Last shot I took put me down for 3 days the second day after I was hardly able to walk and had bad heart palpitations along with high fever all of which are side effects. I have appointment coming up and will not take another shot. ”

Polkadott · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 15, 2014

Humira (adalimumab): “Since being on Humira, I am a whole new person. It was hard being diagnosed at 29 with a new baby to take care of. I could barely get out of bed, open a jar or change a diaper. I do have headaches often, fatigue and slight mood swings, but worth it. I have my life back.”

PAshell November 6, 2009

Humira (adalimumab): “Was using HumiraPen for a few years. At first I was thrilled because it cleared up the psoriasis almost overnight. Made everything else more bearable within reason except for Lupus and Fibromyalgia. But ... in 12/08 I had a small boil that was handled as needed. One week later I was found unconscious and in septic shock. That boil blew a 4 inch hole in my side. Hospital records talked of Necrotizing Faciitis/MRSA ! My rheumatologist told me that the Humira suppressed my system so much that I had no warning of such a severe infection. I had no inflammation, fever or symptoms of any kind. BE CAREFUL...watch for the smallest skin lesion.”

Spangly October 21, 2015

Humira (adalimumab): “I was diagnosed worh pa in 2004 after trying methotrexate (horibble drug which caused blackouts) I am now 37. I was prescribed Humira. I had severe plaque psoriasis and limited mobility. After the initial fear the injections were very easy to administer. I inject into my tummy, occasionally I get one that stings. This drug has saved my life. After the first injection I noticed improvement with pain and after 6 weeks my psoriasis had cleared up. I was able to take my daughter swimming after hiding behind my clothes for Years. If you read the leaflet there are hideous side affects and I feel sad that a lot Of people experience these. I have taken it for 3 years and it has improved my quality of life.”

Putter · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 12, 2020

Humira (adalimumab): “Humira was a life saver for 7 months for my psoriatic arthritis. Then everything changed and the Adverse Reactions began — Drug Induced Lupus causing massive hair loss from scalp lesions, skin rash, mouth ulcers and thrush, and fatigue like I never knew with PSA. I‘ve never had this much hair loss, but then no other drug ever hit with such velocity before. I had fine hair but lots of it so the loss was just visible in the shower and floor at first. But it’s relentless and unending until the bald spots are unmistakable to me and others around me. It’s been 4 months since I stopped this stuff and my histone antibody for drug induced Lupus is still positive. This drug is horrible and I wish I’d never allowed the start of it. It’s like something that is dormant laying in wait to attack. And when it does, it’s devastating.”

Anonymous February 1, 2011

Humira (adalimumab): “I have been using Humira for over two years now. My skin has cleared up and my joints are a lot better than what they were. I have had psoriasis all my life but it was something that I just had to live with, so now after 36 years to be able to move around without having to hover after myself is a blessing in it self. I went swimming with my husband and children a couple of months ago. For the first time ever I was able to put on a swim suit. It just goes to show that the things some people take for granted are the things that we struggle to do all our lives. Humira has given me my life back.”

Long Island January 9, 2016

Humira (adalimumab): “I took Embrel for several years before switching to Humira. I liked the thought of synthetic mouse protein over live mouse protein...plus I was having terrible injection site reactions to Enbrel. Humira almost killed me. I developed a severe jaw bone infection. Was hospitalized for days with IV antibiotics...almost died. I developed severe Central Nervous Symptoms...was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis...was Multiple Sclerosis, but the Humira reaction mimicked that. I lost almost a 100 pounds in 6 weeks (the only perk) and had the MS symptoms for 6 months. Six years later, I still have the CNS symptoms, if I get a fever. This drug left lesions in my brain and my spine and that's why I get recurring CNS symptoms.”

Anonymous November 16, 2011

Humira (adalimumab): “After a year if misdiagnosis I was eventually told I had Psoriatic Arthritis. It hit me quickly and within a year was in constant pain in my chest, hands and feet that prevented me walking far. I was 43 at the time. After years of NSAIDs I was put on Humira. What a difference, I am 99% pain free and the swelling has all but disappeared all within a month or so of taking, a miracle for me. ”

corpkid · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 8, 2016

Humira (adalimumab): “I have had moderate psoriasis for about 15 years which I've managed with topicals. It started to get worse along with me developing psoriatic arthritis all of a sudden. I decided it was time to call on the big guns. This stuff is pretty great! My psoriasis cleared up in about a month and my PsA was gone pretty much instantly! The injections are a little uncomfortable but if you let it warm up a bit and learn the tricks it's not so bad. Small sacrifice really. I've had no side effects other than I am a little tired after the shot so I take it right before bed. So glad to have this medicine! Hope it keeps working for many years to come.”

Efry May 17, 2015

Humira (adalimumab): “A severe joint/muscle pain was completely cleared after the first injection. No further joint inflammation occurred; the affected joints remained as deformed as they were but without any pain. A widespread scalp psoriasis was cleared during the first two months. Subsequent occurrences of psoriasis were very mild and short.”

Mickey Stimpson January 27, 2016

Humira (adalimumab): “I had an awful time with Methotrexate side-effects but the disease went into remission and I stopped. Two years later it was back and this time we tried Humira. The psoriasis cleared up after about 8 weeks and the arthritis inflammation disappeared. It's been about a year today with no side effects other than fatigue at the end of the work day. I'm 61 and feel I can work another 5 years. Without Humira I don't think I could. Great drug, but too damned expensive. Bring on the generics.”

Jim S. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 1, 2019

Humira (adalimumab): “I am strongly suggesting do not take Humira or any of the biological drugs ! It affects your immune system ! I have psoriatic psoriasis and I'm a 61 year old male and started on Humira, then after 7 months body rejected it which gave me sepsis. Had to wait 6 months the doctor switch me to Cimzia then to Remacade which gave me a urinary track infection. After visits to urologist, blood work my PSA levels were high. Cancer went to my prostate after surgery to remove it my PSA was still high. After a visit to mayo clinic was told metastasis neuendacream worst case of prostate cancer. It's been 1.5 years after chemo and wish I would have never started Humira. I did the foundation one which breaks down the tumor and it came back negative which cancer does not run in my family !!!! I can only speak to males DON'T TAKE HUMIRA OR ANY OTHER TNA DRUGS ..Power of prayer now ..”

Lesardah February 14, 2010

Humira (adalimumab): “Humira has literally been a miracle drug for me. I started a little over a month ago with the spring-loaded self-injecting pen. My Psoriatic Arthritis manifests similarly to Ankylosing Spondylitis and it usually takes me several hours in the morning to get ready. I also had psoriasis covering my scalp since I was 15 or so. Notice I said "had". My psoriasis is almost entirely gone, and I get up in the morning the same as any other person. I also had a pronounced stoop forward, and my girlfriend was in tears of joy last night after we both noticed I was standing almost completely straight.”

Motchoo · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 17, 2016

Humira (adalimumab): “Saved my life. Saved my mariage. Had Psoriasis and P. arthritis since grade school. Covered me from head to toe 80% Started Humira at 41. Been on it now for over 3 years. The only side effects I notice is that my shoulder no longer has me crying in tears over the pain and my Psoriasis is gone. Totally gone. Strangely however, in the past year and half the areas I once had persisrant Psoriasis have now turned into freckled pacthes. Some if the freckles are fairly dark. But I'll take some freckles over the he'll I lI've with most my life and make the choice to start Humira all over again. Saved me for sure. Don't even know what I would do if I lost my Humira. Shots are no big deal.”

Skippygood grief April 15, 2014

Humira (adalimumab): “I fell down quickly when the arthritis part of the psoriasis hit me at 50. I had always had bad nails and I developed psoriasis while taking Alpha Interpheron at 40. At first I took methotrexate 25mg/week by mouth. That was a disaster. I went to sub Q and that worked very well, however, after a year, I began to get sick with the flu or such. It lasted 60 days and I had to get off the methotrexate and nearly wound up in the ICU. From a cold or flu! Got better, then 45 days later, got sick again. Thanks to the ACA, I have insurance and am able to take Humira. It works pretty well on the psoriasis and also works pretty well on the arthritis. But, after several months, my feet are getting sore and my right wrist is weakening.”

Ben scott · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 5, 2013

Humira (adalimumab): “I am 23, got diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis last year. I been miss diagnosed with systemic yeast infection because of the psoriasis and took 10 weeks of anti fungal prescription medicine which didn't help of course because that's not what I had. I went to a different doctor and he sent me to a rheumatoid specialist and from there he introduced and prescribed me Humira and I took my 1st injection and the next morning I woke up and my joint pain, swelling and psoriasis greatly reduced.”

Learn more about Psoriatic Arthritis