User Reviews for Acetaminophen / diphenhydramine

Also known as: Aceta-Gesic, Acetadryl, Acetaminophen PM Extra Strength, Anacin PM Aspirin Free, Bayer Select Max Strength Night Time Pain, ConRx PM, Coricidin Night Time Cold Relief, Counteract PM Extra Strength, Excedrin PM, Genapap PM, Headache Formula PM, Headache Relief PM, Legatrin PM, Mapap PM, Midol PM, ...show all 28 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/diphenhydramine.

Pain 5 reviews 1094 medications

8.8
Insomnia 15 reviews 109 medications

7.1
Headache 7 reviews 245 medications

5.6
Summary of Acetaminophen/diphenhydramine reviews 27 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Acetaminophen/diphenhydramine

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "The Tylenol PM worked .... TOO GOOD! After 20 minutes I would have a great night's sleep. I have been taking it for years .... then my son told me the new reports about this causing dementia. I stopped immediately. The side effects after I stopped have been pretty severe. I never dreamt that there would be withdrawals from this until I googled it but I have most of the symptoms (except for the shakes and nightmares).... dizzy, light headedness, nausea, unable to sleep. After all I thought, since I talked to my doctor over and over about them (and he said no problem) and they were over the counter, I was good. WRONG! Bad stuff. Tell everyone you know to stop them."

agapeins April 28, 2016

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "Mom took it for years and it caused her to have dementia!! Do not take it long term!!!!!"

Jayrret April 20, 2016

Excedrin PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: "I tried the cheap brands they made me sick, so I went back to Excedrin works great. It's like a car - you can save and get a cheap one with cheap results or pay a little more and get something that performs great. This brand is the good one - I'd invest in thier stocks"

green hornet January 8, 2016

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "Amazing made me sleep the whole night while I had insomnia. I give it a 2 thumbs up"

Pony princess 224 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: "I was very surprised when I took this medicine. I took it at 9pm and by 9:30 I was in bed sleep. It a high power pill and I rested all night. It a good pill besides the fact that I woke up the next morning and barely could get up and get dressed for work because I was still sleepy for the pill. It finally wore off at about 10am. It helped me a lot. I was told by a friend to take it for pain and I'm glad I got it."

Shaydrum February 10, 2015

Headache Relief PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "Good mostly for pain that keeps you awake, not something to take daily."

Nickname01 (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2014

Midol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: "This product is not well known. I had to introduced it to my sister. She was taking Advil PM and it made her angry, anxious. I took her off Advil PM it and got her on Midol PM. Few days later, she called me and shared the same thing I experienced. Calm, well rested, relax and not as angry as before. I love this product. I hate the fact that it took me so long to find it. It needs to be marketed more. Black women like me have issues with our periods. Bad cramps and insomnia plague us. A product that focus on treating these problems without the side effect is God sent. I take just two pills at night when I am PMSing and during my period and I wake up like a new woman."

Lyghteyez1970 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2013

Excedrin PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I love these. When I feel like I will have trouble sleeping, I take 1 pill. That usually works. If it doesn't I take another one. No side effects except sometimes my dreams are better. No hangover. My sister can not take them, they make her groggy."

fleajo September 20, 2013

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "Works great for me."

allyoop13 July 12, 2013

Acetaminophen PM Extra Strength (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I have body aches. I'm only 21 and falling apart and I have a real hard time getting to sleep, so I take one or two of these at night depending on my tiredness or achiness, and about 30 minutes to an hour I'm pretty much asleep and almost always stay asleep for 7-9 hours. I normally wake up with no achiness and feeling like I got a pretty decent nights rest. "

imjustme (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 16, 2013

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I've been taking this med - or just the Benadryl, which is the sleep inducing part of Tylenol PM - for several years now, as needed. It definitely helps me to fall asleep more easily when I might otherwise lay awake for an hour or two. I did notice that it seems to loose its effectiveness somewhat if I use it too frequently. I've had no noticeable side effects."

Winnny January 26, 2013

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "When I take this medication I sleep through the night with no pain but wake up restless and feeling anxious and nervous all day. Also I get heart palpitations and difficult breathing. You have to be careful with this over the counter medication."

Anonymous October 24, 2012

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "This medicine works well for me as a sleep agent and also reduces the itching from mosquito bites. However, I have to be careful when I take it because it seems to last for a couple of days. The "withdrawal" from it the next day includes increased pain."

dogsgrandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I really like this pill besides the fact that I sleep all day. I take the pill every few days at about 12, when I'm not tired and 15 minutes later I become drowsy. About 30 minutes after that, I'm asleep. but I tend to sleep really late. I don't hear my alarms and I can't get myself out of bed. If you do take this I would consider taking it earlier than you normally would. Other then that this pill is the best I have found and works great just like it says."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "The last several times I have taken this I have become itchy and restless all night."

Anonymous January 15, 2012

Percogesic Original Strength (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: "Out of the vast amounts of different medicines I've taken over the years (most of which has been medicines prescribed by my physicians for severe pain, insomnia, and other chronic issues), this OTC medication is the very best for a number of conditions. I've had migraines for most of my life, but am allergic to prescription drugs for migraines. I've found that Percogesic is ideal for many problems. I have always had a high tolerance for medicines which could sedate a large farm animal, yet it is next to impossible to sedate me. Percogesic, however, has sedative properties, unlike so-called "migraine" medicines, like Excedrin Migraine. The active ingredient in Excedrin is caffeine, which is the last thing I want when I'm trying to escape pain."

Lori711 October 25, 2011

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: "I really enjoy taking this when I'm hurting and all I want is to go to bed. Works like a charm for me."

the mommy February 7, 2010

Excedrin PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: "Back in January of 2004, I had a terrible migraine that would not go away. I finally took Excedrin PM, so I could sleep. I had a convulsion and I have had double vision ever since."

catryna January 30, 2010

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: "This worked for a while then I started getting rebound headaches. I was waking up to excruciating headaches in the mornings after taking these at night after a period of time. They can increase with intensity over time. If you find this happening to you. You need to get off of them. They are rebound headaches."

lfsilva October 1, 2009

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: "I ocasionally use Tylenol rapid release during the day and recently developed cold and flu, so I decided to try Tylenol PM at night for better sleep. Make sure to read the drug interactions first, as I spent two restless nights with nervousness. Many of my friends take this product, so I'll pass it on to them, but if you are on other medication, check the list of side effects."

Anonymous March 22, 2009

Excedrin PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: "I use it sometimes at the onset of a migraine. It helps me relax and fall asleep without the side effects of a stronger migraine medication."

Anonymous March 11, 2009

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: "Great. Take 30 minutes before bed and it treats both pain and mild restlessness."

Anonymous January 4, 2009

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: "I've taken other prescription sleep medications in the past but they do tend to make your drowsy and have all sorts of side effects. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and the pain stops me from sleeping. I now take this at bedtime with a small dose prescribed codeine. Between the painkillers and the "sleep" effect of the Tylenol, I truly can't believe how well I am sleeping! Just be aware that this can really make you fall asleep fast so do be ready for bed. I've spoken to four other people who have various pain problems and they all love this medication too."

BritTex September 29, 2008

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Midol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: "If you're not having severe cramps, it takes most of the edge off. Severe, go with a prescribed medicine made for this."

Anonymous July 7, 2008

Excedrin PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: "The only pill I take for headaches, pains and insomnia and I wouldn't change it."

Mary21004 May 13, 2008