User Reviews for Acetaminophen/diphenhydramine

Also known as: Tylenol PM, Midol PM, Excedrin PM, Headache Relief PM, Percogesic Original Strength, Bayer Select Max Strength Night Time Pain, ConRx PM, Acetadryl, Night Time Pain, Unisom PM Pain, Genapap PM, Mapap PM, Counteract PM Extra Strength, Wal-Nadol PM Extra Strength, Headache Formula PM, Pain Reliever PM, Legatrin PM, Tylenol Sore Throat Nighttime, Pharbetol PM Non-Aspirin PM Extra Strength Acetaminophen PM Extra Strength Percogesic Extra Strength Anacin PM Aspirin Free …show all brand names

Pain 9.4
Headache 7.1
Insomnia 6.5
Summary of Acetaminophen/diphenhydramine reviews 7.4 56 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/diphenhydramine

Lexi · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2020

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: “I hate this stuff. I took it at around 10:30pm and it did not help me sleep at all. I have been tossing and turning the whole night and having the most stressful, fast dreams. I woke up completely soaked in sweat even. I also am now awake at 5am (at least the third time I’ve woken up throughout the night) and my nose and throat are drier than the Sahara desert. I also have a heinous headache. I cannot wait until this stuff wears off so I don’t have to feel so dry and uncomfortable anymore.”

Cyd · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “It’s pretty effective at helping me sleep, I’m down for usually 10-12 hours. I usually get bad side effects from any medication I’m on, so here are the ones I’ve had. Feeling lightheaded, numbness in feet and legs, heart palpitations, blurred vision. Some of this may be my existing medical conditions but it’s worth mentioning. I don’t think I’d recommend taking this for a long amount of time?? I’m only using it to help me through the rest of school.”

Insomnia6872 · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2020

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “It made me very down to be honest but still I tossed and turned for hours before I eventually got about 2 hours sleep”

Amanda · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “this stuff didn't work ! Kept me up all night and I was thinking one hundred thoughts per minute ....”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2019

Excedrin PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine): “I can't take this product anymore. There must have been a change in the formula. I used to love this product but now it makes my nose itch really bad, all night long. It totally sucks.”

MOs November 23, 2019

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “Does not put me to sleep long and give my stomach a ache I’ll stick with Benadryl”

Ang · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2019

Legatrin PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: “I have taken this medication for pain in my foot due to gout. Nothing else I bought over the counter worked. I read the bottle and decided to try it. It eased my pain more than I ever thought an over the counter medicine could. The only thing to be aware of is it makes you sleepy and drowsy. But it works!”

Kris · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2019

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “Helped me fall asleep when I had severe sinus infection, and helped me sleep through the night.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 30, 2019

Legatrin PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: “When I am awakened with intense leg cramps I am able to take one capsule and wait about twenty minutes to experience a great relief and I am able to go back to sleep.”

Lu · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 25, 2019

Percogesic Original Strength (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: “It has worked for me for years! Why is it so hard to find? It’s great for sleep I have a lot of body pain just 1 is amazing! ”

Insomniac · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2019

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “I have used Tylenol PM for a long time to help me fall asleep. Unlike Benadryl, this med actually keeps me asleep as well. However, the BEST effect from Tylenol PM is the dreams. I have had the most wonderful dreams.”

Sarah087 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 15, 2018

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “Well I take this on & off, especially when we are low on melatonin or I can't simply sleep on melatonin. Some nights I can't sleep with taking it, and I take both. Then it may take me a bit to actually fall asleep but I usually sleep 10/12 hours on it! My daughter told me she couldn't get me up the other day, I told her I remember her saying something to her & she was like yah but you wouldn't get out if bed. ”

patty · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 16, 2018

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “it helps me sleep but I still wake up, and feel tired for awhile”

Pained Zee · Taken for 10 years or more October 10, 2017

Percogesic Original Strength (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: “In my earlier years I had severe migraines. I found that percogesic was very effective in lessening the severity of these. I am 78 now and in 4th stage kidney failure so I am very limited in what OTC products I can safely take. I take a prescription pain med regularly for pain from a bad knee replacement plus 2 hip replacement and severe arthiritis. I take percogesic for headaches since my pain meds do not help them while percogesic will usually stop them. I am very pleased that percogesic still does the job for me.”

AnIie · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2017

Percogesic Original Strength (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: “This is a good over the counter Pain drug but I have to watch for side effects.”

Penishfddjhggh May 11, 2017

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “Great”

Auntj · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2017

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “I will never take this again. Woke with such a dry mouth I could barely swallow, and a need to use my inhaler. This is NOT a usual thing for me. Reading today, I see that anyone with asthma etc should not use this. I would echo that. I did sleep but still feel unwell and glad I only took TWO.”

agapeins April 28, 2016

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “The Tylenol PM worked .... TOO GOOD! After 20 minutes I would have a great night's sleep. I have been taking it for years .... then my son told me the new reports about this causing dementia. I stopped immediately. The side effects after I stopped have been pretty severe. I never dreamt that there would be withdrawals from this until I googled it but I have most of the symptoms (except for the shakes and nightmares).... dizzy, light headedness, nausea, unable to sleep. After all I thought, since I talked to my doctor over and over about them (and he said no problem) and they were over the counter, I was good. WRONG! Bad stuff. Tell everyone you know to stop them.”

Jayrret April 20, 2016

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “Mom took it for years and it caused her to have dementia!! Do not take it long term!!!!!”

green hornet January 8, 2016

Excedrin PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Headache: “I tried the cheap brands they made me sick, so I went back to Excedrin works great. It's like a car - you can save and get a cheap one with cheap results or pay a little more and get something that performs great. This brand is the good one - I'd invest in thier stocks”

Pony princess 224 · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2015

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “Amazing made me sleep the whole night while I had insomnia. I give it a 2 thumbs up”

Shaydrum February 10, 2015

Tylenol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: “I was very surprised when I took this medicine. I took it at 9pm and by 9:30 I was in bed sleep. It a high power pill and I rested all night. It a good pill besides the fact that I woke up the next morning and barely could get up and get dressed for work because I was still sleepy for the pill. It finally wore off at about 10am. It helped me a lot. I was told by a friend to take it for pain and I'm glad I got it.”

kaydeee123 · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2014

Percogesic Original Strength (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: “It's great for sleeping but I just recently found out on here! That extra strength you can take during the day. Yipppeee!”

Nickname01 · Taken for less than 1 month April 8, 2014

Headache Relief PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Insomnia: “Good mostly for pain that keeps you awake, not something to take daily.”

Lyghteyez1970 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 21, 2013

Midol PM (acetaminophen / diphenhydramine) for Pain: “This product is not well known. I had to introduced it to my sister. She was taking Advil PM and it made her angry, anxious. I took her off Advil PM it and got her on Midol PM. Few days later, she called me and shared the same thing I experienced. Calm, well rested, relax and not as angry as before. I love this product. I hate the fact that it took me so long to find it. It needs to be marketed more. Black women like me have issues with our periods. Bad cramps and insomnia plague us. A product that focus on treating these problems without the side effect is God sent. I take just two pills at night when I am PMSing and during my period and I wake up like a new woman.”