User Reviews for Ambien

Insomnia 387 reviews 109 medications

7.5
Summary of Ambien reviews 387 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Ambien

For Insomnia "I find ambien to take the edge off at night but not make me sleep. I'm also on seroquel for bipolar and that helps much better for sleep. I feel like I took a benadryl when I took ambien."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "After years of being a zombie I found a psychiatrist who prescribed it for me and I changed into a functioning person. I've never had a bad experience. I only take 5 mg a night, 10 if I wake up in the middle of the night. I never take more and about half the time 5 mg is enough."

Lynda G (taken for 10 years or more) March 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I'm 23 got I just got presrecribed 10 mg ambien for sleep . is was probably the best sleeping thing for meds I've had for insomnia. I've never had any weird experience or others problems either. Even though I've been on it for 6 months now."

Someone864 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I was prescribed 5mg ambien after 3 months of not getting more than 2-3 hours of sleep in each 24 hour period. I had tried benadryl, hydroxyzine, and Valium previously, all of which kept me wide awake. I took the 5mg right before bed, as instructed, and laid there awake all night. The next night I decided to try 1 1/2 (7.5 mg) as I keep reading horror stories about 10mg. I took it, waited about 10 minutes, then went to bed. It took me over an hour to fall asleep, but once I did, I'm thrilled to say I slept all night! Unfortunately even after a full night of sleep it was very hard to wake up. I'd wake up then doze back off. That happened several times for about an hour. Once I was able to wake up enough to get up, I was fine"

Djd79nc (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "My experience with ambien was not very good. Ambien is a pretty terrible sleep aid and I'm sure you'd be better with little sleep and tired, Than waking up feeling like crap all day and tired. It makes me feel pretty rubbish all day and it only last like 4 hours, So I'll wake up 3 or 4 hours later super tired and can't go back to sleep. Your body Builds tolerance to this drug very fast, After the 4th or 5th time of using it, it's effects are very very minimal. Also if you suffer from acid reflex, this drug will make it 10 times worse. If your desperate for sleep, This drug will make you sleep, but with great consequences."

Xavier byrd February 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I have been on this medication for 5 years. I take one 10 mg pill probably 3 times a month. I get 5 hours of sleep. I have never experienced any side affects, I only wish I could get at least 7 hours. My new insurance does not cover it without prior authorization. More paperwork,or phone call for my Doctor."

A new you (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Ambien was very dangerous for me. I was prescribed 10mg for about 5 years. One night I took 1 right before bed like I always had and woke up the next morning with vomit all over my house and an empty pill bottle on my night stand. I took a heap 10mg of Ambien and had zero memory of doing this. It absolutely terrified me. I now take 100mg of doxepin and sleep through the night without a hangover in the morning. Use Ambien with caution. If you have any worries please try to find something else."

LeaJJ January 26, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "It helped me sleep, but only 4 hrs with 10 mg dosage"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Was having problem sleeping due to Lyrica withdrawal, Took Zolpidem for only 5 days, the first 9 days after going off sleep ok, by day 10 got 4 hrs, day 11 3 hrs, day 12 1 1/2 hrs, OMG, skin burning & tingling can't take this. How much longer must I go through this "Hell", can't stop crying & can't enjoy Christmas. "

Neicey5 December 21, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "On the business class sleeper seat plane to NY, the last conscious thing I remember after taking Ambien was my head resting on the pillow about an hour after the meal service and then waking up in bed in the apartment. How did I collect my coat and things, aware to pack the airline amenity kit and water bottle into the knapsack that was in the overhead bin, deplane and walk far to passport control, use the passport kiosk that requires me to type in on the touchscreen, Thailand, and collect the customs print out and then go to a carousel and collect my bag among all the other bags revolving around, hand my printout to the customs agent and find where to catch the Newark airport bus in the winter cold. How long did I wait for the bus? Did I open my suitcase inside the terminal to take out my sweater, scarf, and wool knit hat to wear --all which were packed in the suitcase. Upon waking up in the apartment the sweater was on the couch, the scarf on a chair, and the knit hat in my knapsack. Once on the bus I had to have reached in my pocket for my wallet that had my return bus ticket. The ticket wasn't in my wallet in the apartment. Once off the bus at Port Authority, how did I hail a taxi, put the stuff in the trunk and tell him where to go? My credit card statement indicates I swiped the card to pay for the taxi home. Once outside my apartment, I had to reach into my knapsack for my keys attached to a clip and open the door. The keys were found on the coffee table when woke up in bed. My coat and jacket were on the bathroom floor indicating that once inside the apartment I rushed to the bathroom. I obviously opened my suitcase as it was found wide open and a of box anticongestion and a bottle of allergy pills that I remember packing in the suitcase in Bangkok were now found on the kitchen counter. From remembering my head on the airplane pillow to waking up in my bed, everything is a blank, hours blank."

Don't remember how I got home (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I, a 21 yeard old male, was prescribed 10 mg ambien a few weeks ago for insomnia. I've dealt with insomnia for several years, I'd lie in bed with my eyes closed for 10 hours and would often not sleep for a second. Or if I did, it was for an hour or 2 and I rarely felt rested. Beforehand, I tried many sleeping aids (Melatonin, Belsomra, Trazadone) and nothing worked. Within 20 minutes of taking ambien for the first time I was out like a light and slept 8+ hours for the first time in years. However, I've been more recently experiencing the problem of not only waking up feeling groggy, but feeling that throughout the day. Even 8+ hours and a significant amount of caffeine later, I feel far less attentive than I was when I was sleep deprived."

SleepelessEverywhere (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I was prescribed Ambien for insomnia. It later became a problem as I continued to build a tolerance for it. I am no longer taking and have been off the medicine this week. Following are reasons that I stopped taking it. I lost my job, got arrested, picked up a felony charge for prescription fraud, among other consequences due to my dependency on the drug. In short, DO NOT TAKE ANY FORM of Z -PILLS. I lost a very good job with the government and can no longer return to the job due to Ambien and Lunesta. I have a master's degree and still cannot find work due to the felony charge. Please take it from me, this drug will progressively ruin your life. It should be taken off of the market."

Chuckie 007 December 9, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I was a body builder and personal trainer active in my career until I got a kidney removed due to a tumor and was diagnosed with hypothyroid at 65. My GP did not wanted to give Ambien, instead he prescribed some other medication for psychotic people and I stopped it. Another doctor gave the Ambien, which I have been taking, 5mg. However, lately is giving me headaches, I wake up a few times at night and can't go back to sleep. Feel tired and disconnected. I need to stop and I am afraid of the process."

N1949 November 29, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I was prescribed Ambien, then later Ambien CR, for several years for insomnia. Wow! Just like I'd heard about -- take the pill and 20 minutes later I was out. Didn't really experience "hangover" the next day, but then I allowed myself 7 +/- hours of sleep. Then, it happened: woke up one morning and my kitchen was somewhat of a mess but I didn't remember being up or making tuna salad on toast. That happened a few more times before I weaned myself off Ambien. Haven't had a good night's sleep since. I've been prescribed a few different sleep meds but haven't had any success. Tried OTC diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Motrin PM) with Melatonin and began not remembering simple words, appointments, etc."

YouSee (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Yes it works real good im addicted to it. I have been taking it for the last 4 years. It works better on a empty stomach. But I don't recommend taking it every night are you will get addicted to it like me. And since I have been on it for 4 years I have found other ways to make it work faster and better, ! The down side on taking the prescribe drug is can't remembering nothing the next day. My wife have told me some of the crazy things I have done while on Ambien and I don't be remembering none of the crazy things she says. So if you take Ambien I suggest you get in the bed and stay in the bed. I will be trying to go cold turkey to get off the drug!"

Country Man (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "After getting it and reading on the Internet about it I was worried about taking it, but you know, Internet tends to dramatize thing. Been taking it for years now and still works amazingly, knocks me out in 20 minutes reliably, and keeps me down a good 8 hours. I've never felt hangover effects from it whatsoever. In fact its quite the opposite; because when you're not used to getting a decent night of rest, when you do, you're damn right you'll feel great. Everyone is different and it's compatability with you simply has to be tested. All the Internet horror stories on this drug are inapplicable for my case. My only problem is, doctors are very stingy with dealing adequate amounts due to dependancies. Yes I'm addicted, I'm addicted to sleep."

The Tim That Hasn't Reviewed (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I overdosed on Ambien. Don't remember much of what happened but i wrecked my car, got pulled over. I do remember waking up at 10pm thinking it was 10am and I was late for school thats why I drove. I didnt go to the hospital. It's weird that I dont remember much like who I talked to or what I said. Traumatizing."

kgt1991 (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I have severe insomnia. My therapist prescribed me 10 mg Ambien as a short term solution. I was so amazed and excited to SLEEP! Within 20 minutes, I just fell asleep and it was so wonderful. She had warned me of sleepwalking. But I told her "that was impossible because I had never done that in my 65 years of live"! In my 5th week of taking Ambient, I woke up with the taste of blood in my mouth, a loose tooth, a skinned knee, and bruised shoulder. Yes, I had walked in my sleep, sat in a chair and fell out of it face first. Luckily, one of my granddaughter's was spending the night and witnessed the incident. So, if you are naive like me and think it cannot happen to you, please think about it. Good luck "

Donnakake (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I'm a 19 year old female and I suffer from insomnia. I talked to my doctor about my horrid sleeping habits. I have a rough time falling asleep and when I do I only get about an hour of sleep. His first thought was to prescribe a 5mg dose of ambien. I was shocked as my knowledge of the drug was that it had a heavy impact and could cause you to not remember the night you took it. When I got home that night I got ready for bed, took the dose, and laid down. After an hour or so it finally kicked in but all it did was give me a sense of not being in the correct mindset. Just being a bit off. It didn't help me fall asleep whatsoever. In fact it caused me to remain alert and awake. My results were the complete opposite of its intended use."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I took generic ambien (not the CR) for just two consecutive nights. While it does work for putting me to sleep and keeping me asleep, I have to say I would not recommend this to people. Just take benadryl or Advil PM. The reason I say this is because it affected (and days later is still affecting) my memory. I am told by a few friends and co-workers of things I did or said (during the daylight hours, work hours) and I honestly don't remember any of it! So for me... I won't take this again just because it scares me. I'm sharp as a tack, I remember and observe everything so this really shocked me."

alohalady (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Tried the brand name a while back and had FULL SCALE hallucinations and memory loss. Being a nurse, I believed there was no difference between generic and brand, but after 15 years of chronic TERRIBLE insomnia, I gave the generic a try. While I didn't have the horrid side effects, 10mg will put me to sleep well, but not stay asleep. The controlled release helps me stay asleep, but it takes hours to fall asleep. My doc prescribed 5mg of the immediate and 6.25 controlled, and as long as I don't use it every day (taking a day off here and there which kills me) it works for about 4-5 hours of sleep, which depending on how desperate you are is plenty. Plus the price can't be beat."

JeccaLeigh (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 18, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "made me crazy and stoned and I end up taking them in a few nights and I have no idea, call people randomly do things and have no memory of it. The next day I am very I'll unsurprisingly. Better off with insomnia."

Ryanl September 24, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Useless. I am a 30 yr old owner, and executive chef of 2 restaurants. Diagnosed and medicated. Took it last night at 10 and thought i took it wrong seeing as how i was up at 4am still. Round 2 tonight 10 pm, aaaand now its 12:41am. Not much more to look at on my ceiling. I will be requesting a switch tomorrow."

Isho4u (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Oh man, this stuff works. I was on 10mg for about 5 years! My new doctor had me stop cold turkey about 3 years ago. I grew a tolerance to it and I was addicted to it. My old doctor prescribed it, after my mom died, when I was 18. I puked after taking my first dose. It made me so dizzy, it was weird. After that first time, it never happened again. The only side effect was that I'd wake up and eat without knowing it. I recall my sister saying that I had gotten up and cooked a hamburger, ate it, and went back to bed without saying a word to her. It seems to be a common side effect, though. It was great help, but I'm so glad to be off of it for good. I take Diphenhydramine to sleep when I need to."

Komrade (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 20, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Ambien is a wonderful sleep aid. For people who have trouble staying asleep, this is the medication for you. I've been taking it for at least 10 years and I've not built up a tolerance to it yet. Don't get out of bed after taking it as it does pose a risk of falling because it works very quickly and will make you very drowsy and perhaps dizzy. It helps me sleep for 7-8 hours without any hangover effect. Unfortunately my "nanny" prescription insurance has just informed me that it will not pay for my opioid pain medication and ambien together so I have to choose which medication I want the insurance to pay for. I'll just pay the $54 for it myself as the 2 alternative drugs my doctor suggested have quite scary user reviews."

gigijloo September 7, 2016