User Reviews for Ramelteon

Insomnia
4.5

Summary of Ramelteon reviews 4.5 78 reviews

Reviews for Ramelteon

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "I had bad side effects, headache, dizziness just with half of the pill"

anna September 9, 2018

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "Does not really help that much. A bit better but I still have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep."

MySharona (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "This medication made me feel like I was having a full fledged nervous breakdown. I haven’t seen anyone else post this problem. I had to stop it after a full week of going through immense mental breakdowns. I hope someone has an answer as to why. It’s not listed as a side effect. :("

FW April 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "I love, love, love this medication. I am a Recovering Addict (10 years clean and sober), and have been taking Seroquel for sleep all this time - which has caused significant weight gain and a sense of "mental dullness." I cannot take anything like Ambien due to my past abuse of benzodiazepines, so when I found Rozerem I was thrilled. I am taking less than half of the Seroquel dose I was on, along with the Rozerem and have had terrific results - I'm sleeping 7-8 hours/night, which is extraordinary for me. I know everyone is different, but I can't say enough about Rozerem. My experience has been excellent!"

Gia Pax (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "Took this for two nights. Was wide awake all night, my heart racing. Now I'm crazy tired. Going back to my other meds which worked better."

Beaner (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've been having terrible insomnia for weeks and asked my sleep doctor (neurologist) for something to help me. He prescribed this and I am incredibly disappointed, especially since I had a difficult time getting it approved by my insurance. It literally does nothing for me. I laid in bed for hours as usual and probably didn't actually sleep for more than 30-45 minutes. I took a second pill, and actually feel MORE AWAKE. I don't understand why this is even on the market."

Brien (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "Just started this medication tonight. Have been up all night. I am sure it takes awhile to straighten out your sleep cycle. I will stay with it to see if it works down the road. Will be worth it not to be addicted to a medication to sleep. Also think I will try Valerian Root"

Michelle (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "Took Klonopin, Amitriptyline or Xanax for 15-20 years as aids to cure insomnia. Got off all of it a month ago, have had HORRID withdrawal and INSOMNIA since. Tried everything my doctor and I could think of to help me sleep. Just started Rozerem last night. Went very well and am hoping this is IT!! Love that it's not habit forming and I can continue to take it as long as needed. Hoping I will be able to eventually sleep on my own without any prescription meds."

pat (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "This is a terrible medication. I have been taking Trazadone for insomnia for many years. I wanted to try something different because Trazadone causes fatigue. I did not sleep one wink after taking this medication for two nights, and my body ached throughout the night. I don't know how this medicine was ever approved for sleep. I feel terrible today. I will "never" take this drug again."

PK1947 February 21, 2018

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "I took Rozerem twice for sleep and it had the opposite intended effect on me. Both nights it kept me wide awake and my mind was razor sharp - Not what I needed :("

Anonymous January 29, 2018

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "Second time I've tried this and again does not work. Was hoping the first time maybe I should have stayed on it longer. Used Zolpidem which worked great but insurance wouldn't offer it anymore so tried Rozerem for 1st time. Have tried Edluar which started working for me and the supplier is out???? Back to the only one left which was Rozerem and it's been 3 nights of no sleep UGH"

hawkssr (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "I'm in day 5 for me it hasn't been as bad as others have had it. It's effective for making me fall asleep but I still wake up early. I actually dream versus not before so that's a good sign I'm going into a deeper sleep. The next I feel more tired though. A big part of sleep is not just meds, I like others rely on them too much. There so much you can do in addition to sleep meds. Like proper sleep hygiene, no TV or screens at least an hour before bed, stress relief through exercise maybe yoga, whatever works. It's a lot of personal responsibility that people don't take including me. I'm trying thought."

Chibry (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2017

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "My insurance company, Medicare Part D, decided they knew better than my Dr and myself and held my Zolpidem hostage until I tried this Rozerem. My zolpidem was completely effective, no side effects at all. I tried this drug 1 night and would never try it again. Took way longer to feel even remotely sleepy almost 2 hours, then felt like in a half sleep-completely aware but closing eyes made some weird things go by in mind and scary too, almost paranoid feeling. Felt like any effect from it wore off in several hours but had a hangover/drugged effect next day. I also had nausea with it and copay was way more expensive. My problem is 2-fold; getting to sleep and falling asleep. Needless to say, this drug did not work for me!"

Rozeremcrazydrug (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

For Insomnia: "WORST experience ever! Took pill as instructed, but it would just make me feel like sleep was about to begin and then I was hit with a bout of intense anxiety, this cycle repeated all night long. These horrible side effects ended about an hour before I was supposed to wake up. HORRIBLE experience, threw all the pills away the next morning, now my MD gave me Belsomra, just read reviews about the night terrors and sleep paralysis. Only thing that really works for me is valium or xanax but doctor keeps pushing these dance meds."

sigsleep (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "Scary!!! Was only able to be on this drug for a few weeks. It gradually increased depression to such a degree that I almost admitted myself to the ER for depression watch. I've never felt depression like this. It peaked in the morning and let up by the afternoon. (3-4pm). It's now the third day since I took it and it is lifting more and more every day. Never again!"

Billybatts (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "Single worst sleeping med I've ever taken. 'zombie' like, for most next day. also most expensive."

qwez44 August 20, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have been using this medication for over 10 years. It is horrible! I still got up at two or three in the morning with horrible stomach pains. The only way to get rid of it was to eat. I've gained tons of weight. Finally after researchIng Dr Ray Peat, I found out my insomnia was caused by a lack of sugar and salt and dairy. Nuts, avocados, beans, is what I added to my diet in 2004 when the insomnia started. According to that medical research, those food items really contribute to insomnia. By adding gelatin and dairy back in my diet I have not taking this medication for three months . And I got my sleep back after 13 years of insomnia.my weight is starting to come off. They need to warn people that this medication can cause weight gain"

Ilpmusic (taken for 10 years or more) July 7, 2017

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "I use Rozerem as a back up when my Halcion stops working due to overuse. I find that the Rozerem definitely knocks me out for a good number of hours. The only side effect is the feeling of a mild hangover in the morning. But overall, it is a good back up to have in your arsenal when you suffer from severe insomnia as I do."

N_B June 22, 2017

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed this medication for my chronic insomnia. I took 8mg at bedtime without success. Never worked to allow me to go to sleep."

Dreamlove2901 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2017

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "It's very expensive for it NOT to be effective. My insurance paid $400 & my copay was $100. Pharmacy said it was effective which within 3 days nothing happen. It seems I stayed up longer. Took it at 9 pm. Supposedly you are to take it 30 minutes before bedtime. I stayed up till 4 am & 5 am. I took Advil PM since I had to get some sleep. It was more effective then this very expensive medication that I can't get a refund. Do not buy it unless your insurance covers it all. Maybe asked for a sample before buying a month supply."

Fossil1954 April 2, 2017

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "I have difficulty falling and staying alseep. Rozerem actually increased the time it takes me to fall asleep from about 3 hours to 6 hours."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

For Insomnia: "My doctor refused to support a prescription for low-dose (5 mg) zolpidem after my insurance company would not approve its filling. Instead he prescribed 20 mg rozerem. Now my problem is not insomnia, but rather an infrequent occasion where I have not fallen asleep. For that 2.5 mg zolpidem was the perfect answer. I have now tried rozerem 5 times for the past two plus months. 1.5 hours later I am mellow, but not asleep. Moreover, I do not feel that a good night's rest results. The worst was several weeks ago where asthmatic breathing was keeping me awake. Somewhere around 11:30 I took a pill. At 1:30, I was still wired. Finally in the 4 plus range I resorted to a benadryl and somehow got about 3 hours worth."

Dick.R January 2, 2017

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "My Doc recently refused to renew my Rx for Ristoril 30mg and switched me to Rozerem 8mg. I'm beginning to think she's playing me with a placebo. My problem has never been falling asleep; it is staying asleep that's problematic. With the Ristoril it was lights out for 6 - 8 hrs. Now I'm staring at the ceiling till sunrise after about 1.5 hrs. of light sleep. The spontaneous naps during daylight whenever I sit or recline exacerbate the problem at night. I'm getting ready to doctor shop."

Ridgetop 12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "Nothing worked on me ambien, sonatata, Valium , this WORKS"

Purrfect0ne (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

Rozerem (ramelteon) for Insomnia: "I have been taking it for four nights. I fall asleep for about an hour and go into a state of mind in which my mind is awake but my body is asleep. Then my body wakes up after one hour and I am awake for the rest of the night feeling extremely fidgety like I need to pace or jump out of my skin. The feeling continues for about 12 hours. I can't take it anymore. If it had no effect, I would keep taking it waiting for that magical night that many seem to express happens. This reaction frightens me. I don't want to chance rage like Wellbutrin causes in me."

Chooch_2016 (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016