User Reviews for Temazepam

Insomnia
6.8

Summary of Temazepam reviews 6.8 267 reviews

Reviews for Temazepam

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I suffered from insomnia for 6 years. Doctors prescribed every drug known to man, nothing worked. Restoril is the only thing that has helped me. I'm aware it has side effects, but it also has given me my life back."

Leanna (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "I took my first Temazepam at 8 pm tonight. A 30 mg tablet. It’s now 11:45 pm. Still wondering if sleep will ever come. I’ve taken other benzodiazepines, Clonazapam and also diazepam. Started the clonazapam 20 yrs ago, was having problems sleeping. The effectiveness overtime did wear off so the dose was upped. The psychiatrist thought to try diazepam. Since it had a muscle relaxant. She didn’t get the right equivalent to the clonazapam. So no success. Went back on clonazapam. Then a few years later with a different Dr, we tried again, she got the right dosage swap out. The diazepam still was not helping get a good sleep. Took like six weeks to ween off of that benzo after taking them for so long. Then a few weeks after, total insomnia and sweating all night long. That lasted for about two weeks, and I asked to be put back on. Quit them cold turkey last week. Asked my pcp to get me something strong to knock me out. I guess I will be calling him in the morning."

Sleepless in the south (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "This medicine does NOT work! I took 30 mg plus my Serequil AND 35 mg of Melatonin. It took 3 hours to kick in and when it did, I only slept for an hour and a half. This is ridiculous! DO NOT take this medicine!!!! I can't say enough."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've been taking it for about a year with periodic breaks once a month for a week or two. I find that helps to make it work better again. I don't have any side effects when I stop other than the insomnia starts again within 3 to 4 days. I have accidentally found something that helps continue to work every night because after a couple of weeks I'm building a tolerance to it. I started the intermittent diet (I've lost 25 pounds in 3 1/2 months) and stop eating by 5pm or 6pm. With my stomach being empty the temazapam works 100% every night now. So if you eat close to bedtime and have built up a tolerance then maybe stop take it on an empty stomach and see if that works."

StacYvonne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I'm updating my review below from March 2. It's now April 21 2018. I'm 45 yr old female that was always a light sleeper but good sleeper until 2 yrs ago with physical symptoms that would wake or keep me up. I've taken 1-2 per week in conjunction with Advil PM on other nights (works!) and nothing 1-2 nights per week. I like Restoril. I take 15 mg. It absolutely helps. I have preexisting tinnitus for over a year and when I sleep it quiets it down a bit. I take it when I can sleep in and have no major plans before noon. This is a great supplemental drug that I will not take 2 days in a row. But once a week - maybe twice at the most."

Magster (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Insomnia: "First off I am of anti drug mentality. I hate pills and feel we are a drugged society. So it was with extreme trepidation that I agreed to try this. Dr gave me 15 mg a year a go with 15 pills. I have taken 3. Now they are almost expired so I reordered. I have been having very strange (brain tumor like - getting MRI in 2 weeks) symptoms at night with mild brain tremor and headaches and nausea and worsening tinnitus. They wake me from sleep. I've not slept well in 3 years. I've tried melatonin which sort of worked. Then recently probiotics of lactobacillus strain which not only helped my gut and cut nausea by 99% - but helped me to sleep for 3 weeks!!!! However all of a sudden my head symptoms worsened and I haven't slept much in 3 days. Took a restoril last night and just slept a perfect 7 hrs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! OK I believe in this stuff! But plan on taking once a week if needed to catch up."

Magster (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "It actually made my night worse. I only took it once last night but I hate to try it again and have another sleep deprived night."

Elo (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and was not sleeping. I got into the spiral of not sleeping making anxiety worse and then getting anxiety about anticipation of bedtime and lack of sleep to follow. Combined with therapy, I went on Temazepam for sleeping. I was so happy when I woke up the next day and had such a calm morning that I didn’t even care about the headache. I had a headache for first couple days taking it. It went away. I have been taking it 2 months. Only as prescribed. I’m a little concerned about building tolerance, but so far nothing. Note that I do not take other benzos and never have. For its purpose, it has been a life and sanity saver! I plan to go off it when summer starts and my mornings are low-stakes."

FinallySleeping (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "Tried it. Didn't work as prescritbed for me."

CLG SR (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "I suffer from PTSD major depressive and anxiety. Was put on 30 mg of Temazapan and Klonopin as well. Yes, they put me asleep for 3-4 hours then I'm wide awake. I've tried Ambien and Lunesta. Definitely need something stronger. Not sleeping is causing havoc on my life. Desperate now"

Never Sleep (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Take for two nights as directed then a break for two nights and then repeat Takes about an hour to work, sleep for solid 5 to 6 hours then wake up. Sometimes can get back to sleep and other times wide awake. Feel good the next day and not drowsy or lethargic"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "Dr had me on 15mg for about 6 months. It worked ok, but not great. On occasion I would take two 15mg and that would do the trick. Dr bumped me up to one 30mg per night. For whatever reason the 30mg isn't working nearly as well as taking two of the 15mg? I'll sleep for 2 hrs and be up for 2 hrs. Makes no sense."

Dee March 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have had a terrible sleep pattern for years and finally decided to take this tablet. Well I had the best sleep I have had in years, I slept 11.5 hours! I have had a terrible sleep pattern for ages. I felt a little groggy all day, but if I only have to take this tablet once a week, to get at least one great sleep a week, then that will do me. I can highly recommend this particular sleep remedy for anyone who sleeps badly."

Carol (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've been on temazepam for many years, started at 15mg which worked great for years, then it stopped working and my doc upped the dose to 30mg, I take it around 7pm and I sleep for 12 hours. I've been on ambien, lunesta, trazadone. The Ambien worked for a while but the other 2 have done nothing. I'm on a lot of meds for different reasons but I am grateful for the temazepam."

SleeplessinRhodeIsland (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 10, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I’m a 45 yr old female. Have been having insomnia for 2 years due to What I think are MS type symptoms. Physically so uncomfortable. I hate drugs and refuse them. I’ve been sitting on this bottle for months. Last night I gave the 15 mg a try. I actually spilled out a little from the capsule. So maybe it was 10mg. Ummmm I slept. Like I haven’t for years! Dreams! Like going wayyyy back type dreams. Slept 7-9 hrs. Woke up feeling so so. I’m sick now and have been having major daily fatigue for 6 months so didn’t wake up perky. Then I felt a bit nauseous at lunch Then I started feeling very very very agitated. Like uncontrolled. I will save this bottle and try again when I’m over this virus. And see if I feel the same anger over nothing. I know it’s not much of a review. But man did I SLEEP! The instructions on my bottle is As Needed. So it’s not to be a daily thing. Back to magnesium spray. "

Prickly pear March 2, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Since starting law school, I developed terrible anxiety. I never struggled with anxiety before, so this was all new to me. Eventually, the anxiety turned into anxiety AND insomnia. Long story short: my doctor knew it was anxiety causing the insomnia. She went through the same ordeal in medical school. She prescribed me Restoril, and voila! Sleep. Initially, the pill took 2 hours to put me to sleep, so I’d take it around 8 p.m. I didn’t have a problem with that since I knew to take it early. However, now I start feeling sleepy in less than an hour. My favorite thing about this medication is that I never wake up groggy. I rarely wake up sleepy and this is huge for me because I’ve awakened sleepy my entire life. I’m only on a short term dosage, but I am going to talk to my doctor about taking this medication the duration of my schooling. It really allows me to just rest instead of being anxious all night with no side effects!"

Fefe February 23, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have taken Ambien before for sleep, Antidepressants (off label), as well as everything OTC. Restoril is by far the best. Ambien stopped working very quickly (like after a few days quickly) The anti-depressants made my mind race, making it even more difficult to sleep. The OTC stuff is useless. I don't think I will ever need another sleeping medication. Restoril makes me go to sleep quickly after taking it, and I wake up very refreshed. Also, I take a high dose of Xanax for anxiety, and there seems to be little cross tolerance Restoril gets an A+++"

Sleepless by the Sea (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "Ok so I've been prescribed 15mg temazepam once a night for about 3 months now and it works great and does make me fall asleep within 30-45 min after taking it, but I'm now starting to wake up after only 1&1/2 to 2 hours of sleep tops and can't fall back to sleep when I wake up. I have severe PTSD and insomnia due to terminal brain cancer. What should I ask my doctor ? Should I ask if he can prescribe 2 a night so I have another 1 for when I wake up after a couple hours and can't go back to sleep? Or maybe ask to move me to 30mg 1x night to see if that will keep me asleep longer so I don't wake up after 2 hours? Any info is appreciated! "

Ronbanc January 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Need only occassionally - twice weekly??. Works very well and quickly if unable to sleep. Lasts approx 7 hrs. No side effects."

Good night January 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Never touch this drug. Tolerance build fast and withdrawal is hard even after 3 weeks prescribed use."

Doctorfail (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I have in the last taken, Sonata, Lunesta, now Restoril. Restoril is the least effective of the drug I have taken. I take it when I get in bed and I never fall asleep. It is as if I have not taken anything. Doubling the dose makes no difference. With Sonata I would take 2 and fall asleep for at most 3 hours. Lunesta works great at its highest dose but I tend to sleep too long on it (more than 8 hours at times). Restoril just does not work for me at all. As with anything, these drugs react differently with different people. I have not tried Ambien."

FG411 January 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have had insomnia in some form for my entire life, even remember not sleeping as a child/teen. Severe insomnia started in the late 90s, and I have been through every over the counter med and then to all the prescription sleeping meds. I went to a psychiatrist to be diagnosed with anxiety and insomnia. I take 30 mg of Restoril at bedtime and get 4-5 hours of sleep, I can take 15 mg if I wake like that and get another 2-3 hours. I can make it on 6 hours a day, but sometimes I need that second dose in the middle of the night. I have been taking this for years, and do not have side effects, drowsiness, sleep walking, etc. it is the only thing that works. I have tried to do without it and do not sleep at all. I will start to doze, but the anxiety kicks in"

eann (taken for 10 years or more) December 12, 2017

For Insomnia: "I am a rotating shift worker (work days then nights all within the same work week) and have been for 20 years. Talk about creating a state of insomnia. I can sleep but only a couple hours of being awake 40-60 hours. Finally I got my physician to write for Temazpam. Trust me, I am cautious because I beat a 5 year klonopin addiction that put me many months of benzo withdrawal I wouldn’t wish on anyway. (Benzos are insidious to withdraw from, not like opiates, that’s a walk in the park compared to benzos but then again, benzos damage he brain and it’s very slow to recover). That said, I don’t have any interest in abusing Tamazepam, 8 pills a month for the worse of the insomnia times. Benzos bad, but so is horrible insomnia. What to do!"

ChevyfunSS (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2017

For Insomnia: "This medication was very effective for me, as it worked consistently to help me sleep and I never had to increase the dose from 15mg. HOWEVER, if I had to do it all over again, I never would have started on it. This is a benzodiazapine, and with that comes a lot of issues. I took this medication for only one month consistently, and had to deal with physical discomfort and heightened anxiety (what I take to be slight withdrawal symptoms) when I decided to stop using it. Now I'm back to square one, dealing with insomnia and going through the steps I would have had to take (finding non-medical ways to treat my insomnia) had I never started the medication. Heed the warnings and use drug free options to treat your sleeplessness."

tossnturn (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2017

For Insomnia: "Have had insomnia and anxiety for years. Get 2-3 hours sleep in a night. Started out with temazepam 15 mg - nothing. So the Dr upped it to 30 mg but still nothing. I’m feeling lost. I need sleep badly. I’m also dealing with Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) and no pain meds work so was hoping the temazepam would at least help to get me a good night sleep through the pain. "

Jacquelinehny October 26, 2017