User Reviews for Temazepam

Also known as: Restoril

Learn more about Temazepam.

Insomnia 204 reviews 110 medications

6.8
Summary of Temazepam reviews 204 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Temazepam

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed this after being on ambein for a while. The ambien kinda ran it's course. I took this the first night I felt relaxed but not sleepy at all. It took me about an hour to fall asleep and then I woke up 4 hours later and couldn't go back to sleep. I decided to give it a second try with melatonin . I can tell the medication wasn't working again. But I was so tired from the lack of sleep I couldn't even tell. And it was giving me headaches. I'm done. I'm taking my ambien this weekend until I get a hold of my doctor. The ambien works much better, not well, but better. I don't recommend this, however, everyone is different."

April A. September 18, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have had sleep problems for years. Temazepam is a tremendous help to me. Lack of sleep causes far worse side effects for me than this drug does. My doctor prescribed 15 mg temazepam after other, apparently more preferred medications, failed to work. I empty about a third of the capsule, as 10 mg seems adequate for me but is unavailable in generic. I generally have no trouble falling to sleep but wake, wide awake, between 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. That is when I take temazepam and I fall back to sleep within 20 minutes. For me it becomes less effective after about 2 weeks use, so I skip a night and then it is once again effective. My only side effect is some morning grogginess, but it subsides after my one cup of coffee."

Judelyn (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 15, 2016

For Insomnia: "Have had sleep problems for 30 years or more.Of all the meds that the doc's gave me I do think the temazepam 30 mg works best for me. As some others have said that it should be taken at bedtime...not be on computer or tv..i will nod with the tv on but find that i fall in to a more restful sleep when i turn it off. Also for me it does not last long. 2 or 3 hours. I don't take extra doses to get back to sleep .Have been taking this for 5 years with no brain fog in the morning. Occasionally i substitute Ativan for a short time and then go back to taking temazepam . For me this seems to work well and the temazepam seems to remain quite effective."

6970 September 11, 2016

For Insomnia: "Being a severe epileptic I've had insomnia for years as well as some thyroid probs that lead to increased BP/HR. I originally tried Lunesta /ambien and they caused pretty nasty side effects (doing stuff and not remembering etc) plus they stopped working pretty quickly. My PCP eventually placed me on 30mg tablet of Temazepam (from my understanding though not many drs in the US like to prescribe this med due to possible dependency issues etc). While it's only supposed to be used on a short term basis I've actually been taking it for about a year almost every night (sometimes I don't), when I don't take it i haven't noticed any unpleasant side effects. It just slowly puts me while watching TV to a great restful sleep. Def recommend!!"

Nipplyfish (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

For Insomnia: "Kept me up all night. Just the reverse effect. I took it to sleep and then stayed up all night. I will not be taking it again. Trazadone works better"

Anonymous August 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "bruh i woke up halfway through the night and was drowsy as hell the next day"

ebola August 26, 2016

For Insomnia: "Agitated, anxious, confused, and feel like a completed idiot throughout the day"

ERM57 August 19, 2016

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "This medicine helps me relax won't feel drowsy at all the next day or feel honesty rested the next day"

Rosemary 3000 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2016

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "The people who are rating this medication lower than an 8 aren't taking it properly. This is an amazing medication when taken properly. You really have to take this medication AT YOUR BEDTIME. You cannot take it and then expect to get a good nights sleep while watching tv, going through Facebook on your phone for 2 hours or any other activity like that, you need to take it literally right before you plan to go to bed. Temazepam 22.5mg has worked wonders for my insomnia it has helped me to regain a good nights sleep which I was no longer experiencing anymore."

Jeff5987 August 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been in need for medical assistance and medications to help me to sleep for 20 years. I was not lucky here in the US. I found abroad the most fantastic sleep inducers. From the family of Diazepine called Parnox. This medication was perfect. Makes me fall asleep and cero side effects: Recently I was unable to travel and found here here Temazepan and is the same fantastic medication. Same effect and zero side effects. I super recommend it. Good luck"

An excellent sleep inducer July 21, 2016

For Insomnia: "It works well for me. No side effects"

Anonymous July 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "This drug does nothing for me at all"

Sleepless in Tecase Community July 8, 2016

For Insomnia: "I took 30 mg Tremazepam every night for several years. It really worked for me. I had a long history of sleeping only a few hours then waking up and not falling back to sleep. This drug put me pleasantly to sleep, and I would sleep 7-9 hours. Sometimes I was groggy in the morning for a while. Then my MD took me off the medication because if is meant for only a short time use. I was able to get off with no withdrawal in three weeks. Now, I am back to waking up after several hours sleep and staying awake for several hours before falling back to sleep. I limit my use of this drug to twice a week now. It still works, but I won't take it every night. I don't think my MD will write another RX for it, so I'm rationing what I have left"

Swanz (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "Still finding it hard to sleep its 5am and ive just taking my 3rd pill, im getting so frustrated, angry, not happy at all, i hate this just want a sleep."

Riley bis (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "I tried temazapam for 3 days and got zero results. I'm lucky if I sleep 2 hrs a night. So, the next night I took a 30 mg tablet, 2 shots of whiskey, 2 tablets of melatonin, smoked a little weed and I slept for 7 hrs. Never felt better!"

Paulinthedesert (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "This works wonders... Obviously it is different per person but in my experience for over two months now, along with 1-2 pills of Seroquel (50mg) ea, I have been getting full nights rest. I've always had a issue with sleep, and used to self medicate with herb which I no longer do. My doctor tried 4 different sleeping aids prior to prescribing me both Temazepam and Seroquel. If you are having a issue sleeping, go to the doctor and ask to be put on these, at least try it! Temezapam is a Benzopien, so you'll have to show your ID wherever you get it filled at. Good luck!"

Nickitt (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I was given a prescription of 30mg Restoril by my GP doctor to help combat recurring bouts of insomnia. While it did nothing to help me fall asleep, it did help me in a couple of other ways. I frequently suffer from tension headaches and noticed after 15 minutes of my first dose the headache was completely eradicated which lead me to believe that it does well as a muscle relaxer . Another property of the drug which I found helpful was a significant decrease in anxiety and made me more comfortable in social situations . I never felt "high" just an increased desire to interact with my fellow peers. So while I can't give it a glowing review for the reason it was prescribed, other effects outweighed the uselessness of the intended treatment."

Jaime Hart (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2016

For Insomnia: "Partner is using it during the day he seems so strange unfocused and aggressive.What can I do I feel like he's a completely different person he can't reason with anyone and he's talking shit all the time proper off his head"

Kat,1975 May 16, 2016

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Takes at least 1/2 hour to begin having any effect. Effect lasts only about 2 hours."

John28 April 26, 2016

For Insomnia: "Worked for awhile pretty well but then went back to maybe getting 2 hours of sleep a night if i was lucky! I need help and i feel so anxious i need something to help me with this horrible insomnia."

Garcia1987 April 21, 2016

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "my bp goes up when i lay down giving me insomiia. This med helps me go to sleep but not stay asleep and I sometimes have vivid dreams on this med but I still think its worth a try.Iit does provide a relaxing feeling"

jason elliott41 April 16, 2016

For Insomnia: "Gives you a nice undisturbed sleep and has a kind of heavy, foggy side effect that comes over you after you have taken it. I woke up the next morning though and I felt really, really depressed. I do have a history of depression so not even sure if this should have been prescribed to me but it is useful for relief of insomnia. However I prefer diazepam."

Sezthet (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

For Insomnia: "Restoril 15mg works pretty well for me. I started experiencing moderate insomnia, just over a year ago. I've been taking 2mg of Xanax, 3 times a day for many years, for panic attacks. My psychiatrist prescribed Restoril, because it's also a benzodiazepine. It doesn't have the "hangover effects" of other sleep medications. The only complaint that I have is that it doesn't last as long as it's supposed to, for me. I usually wake up about 5 hours after, and have difficulty getting back to sleep. If you're already taking a benzo, this should be great for you, on a short or long term basis. If you're not, then be careful and wean off of it, because you can have have pretty nasty withdrawal symptoms!"

SunkistNinja (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have tried every sleeping pill on the market. I was on dalmane first when I was a kid. When I was sixteen, I was in the hospital, the nurse gave me a restoril and told me I'll love it there's no hangover in the morning, and she was right. Knocked me out as good as dalmane, but there was no next day effect like dalmane did, and dalmane was so potent, there could be a fire and I wouldn't wake up. Restoril is not that potent, but it is very good. I've taken it for many, many years, beginning 1984 the first time, then I went on halcion, but I really thought restoril was better, after sleepwalking on ambien in 1995 I only went on halcion or restoril for my insomnia. I have severe insomnia"

frank7968 (taken for 10 years or more) April 3, 2016

For Insomnia: "Do not take this drug! I have taken it for about a year. 30 mg. Truly great at FIRST. Little did I know about the withdrawals, pure hell. I never should have been on it this long. It's only supposed to be prescribed for a week! Now it doesn't work anymore, and the withdrawal symptoms are unbearable."

Josephscoatrose17 April 1, 2016