User Reviews for Temazepam

Also known as: Restoril

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Temazepam.

Insomnia
6.8

Summary of Temazepam reviews 6.8 251 reviews

Reviews for Temazepam

For Insomnia: "I have taken Ambien before for sleep, Antidepressants (off label), as well as everything OTC. Restoril is by far the best. Ambien stopped working very quickly (like after a few days quickly) The anti-depressants made my mind race, making it even more difficult to sleep. The OTC stuff is useless. I don't think I will ever need another sleeping medication. Restoril makes me go to sleep quickly after taking it, and I wake up very refreshed. Also, I take a high dose of Xanax for anxiety, and there seems to be little cross tolerance Restoril gets an A+++"

Sleepless by the Sea (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "Ok so I've been prescribed 15mg temazepam once a night for about 3 months now and it works great and does make me fall asleep within 30-45 min after taking it, but I'm now starting to wake up after only 1&1/2 to 2 hours of sleep tops and can't fall back to sleep when I wake up. I have severe PTSD and insomnia due to terminal brain cancer. What should I ask my doctor ? Should I ask if he can prescribe 2 a night so I have another 1 for when I wake up after a couple hours and can't go back to sleep? Or maybe ask to move me to 30mg 1x night to see if that will keep me asleep longer so I don't wake up after 2 hours? Any info is appreciated! "

Ronbanc January 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Need only occassionally - twice weekly??. Works very well and quickly if unable to sleep. Lasts approx 7 hrs. No side effects."

Good night January 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Never touch this drug. Tolerance build fast and withdrawal is hard even after 3 weeks prescribed use."

Doctorfail (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I have in the last taken, Sonata, Lunesta, now Restoril. Restoril is the least effective of the drug I have taken. I take it when I get in bed and I never fall asleep. It is as if I have not taken anything. Doubling the dose makes no difference. With Sonata I would take 2 and fall asleep for at most 3 hours. Lunesta works great at its highest dose but I tend to sleep too long on it (more than 8 hours at times). Restoril just does not work for me at all. As with anything, these drugs react differently with different people. I have not tried Ambien."

FG411 January 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have had insomnia in some form for my entire life, even remember not sleeping as a child/teen. Severe insomnia started in the late 90s, and I have been through every over the counter med and then to all the prescription sleeping meds. I went to a psychiatrist to be diagnosed with anxiety and insomnia. I take 30 mg of Restoril at bedtime and get 4-5 hours of sleep, I can take 15 mg if I wake like that and get another 2-3 hours. I can make it on 6 hours a day, but sometimes I need that second dose in the middle of the night. I have been taking this for years, and do not have side effects, drowsiness, sleep walking, etc. it is the only thing that works. I have tried to do without it and do not sleep at all. I will start to doze, but the anxiety kicks in"

eann (taken for 10 years or more) December 12, 2017

For Insomnia: "I am a rotating shift worker (work days then nights all within the same work week) and have been for 20 years. Talk about creating a state of insomnia. I can sleep but only a couple hours of being awake 40-60 hours. Finally I got my physician to write for Temazpam. Trust me, I am cautious because I beat a 5 year klonopin addiction that put me many months of benzo withdrawal I wouldn’t wish on anyway. (Benzos are insidious to withdraw from, not like opiates, that’s a walk in the park compared to benzos but then again, benzos damage he brain and it’s very slow to recover). That said, I don’t have any interest in abusing Tamazepam, 8 pills a month for the worse of the insomnia times. Benzos bad, but so is horrible insomnia. What to do!"

ChevyfunSS (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2017

For Insomnia: "This medication was very effective for me, as it worked consistently to help me sleep and I never had to increase the dose from 15mg. HOWEVER, if I had to do it all over again, I never would have started on it. This is a benzodiazapine, and with that comes a lot of issues. I took this medication for only one month consistently, and had to deal with physical discomfort and heightened anxiety (what I take to be slight withdrawal symptoms) when I decided to stop using it. Now I'm back to square one, dealing with insomnia and going through the steps I would have had to take (finding non-medical ways to treat my insomnia) had I never started the medication. Heed the warnings and use drug free options to treat your sleeplessness."

tossnturn (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2017

For Insomnia: "Have had insomnia and anxiety for years. Get 2-3 hours sleep in a night. Started out with temazepam 15 mg - nothing. So the Dr upped it to 30 mg but still nothing. I’m feeling lost. I need sleep badly. I’m also dealing with Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) and no pain meds work so was hoping the temazepam would at least help to get me a good night sleep through the pain. "

Jacquelinehny October 26, 2017

For Insomnia: "I am really bad at sleeping, like I'm lucky if I sleep 3 hours a night. Doctor gave me 20mg temazepan x 2 tablets. Still wide awake."

Elviscaz October 5, 2017

For Insomnia: "Works at same dosage as it did when I first started taking it 30mg. No dependence noted. Benzos are only habit forming when NOT taken as prescribed."

hypen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2017

For Insomnia: "I was a long term opiate addiction, and even with this had horrible insomnia so would buy black market temazepam. I am 3 months clean but still have crippling anxiety and insomnia. This drug works wonders. Keeps my anxiety at bay and last night I slept for 9hours!!! Just scared they will try and change me to something else again. Works wonders"

Seraphina73 September 19, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have used temazepam for over 5 years. Worked great for my sleeping aide as well as for my neuropathy. All of a sudden my doctor pulled it from my prescription list! Due to all this opioid media frenzy I am now stuck trying to find a replacement that will have the same effects for me as the temazepam! wish people would stop reacting and just take care of THE PROBLEM!!!!!!! Hope this all passes soon!"

frustrated veteran September 4, 2017

For Insomnia: "works fine for me 15mg just before bedtime but I must stay up close to midnight before taking it otherwise I wake up around 3am... if I take it around 11:30 or so I usually sleep until 5-5:30 tops... nowhere near the 7-8 the pharmaceutical information claims.... sometimes have weird dreams but for the most part it has calmed my anxiety/stress attacks I remain more calmer under pressure and I'm sleeping more than 3 hrs due to the insomnia caused by the anxiety my only concern is the risk of physical /psychological addiction and tolerance level only been on a month doc gave me a 90 day script gunna go see her soon and touch base with her on these issues to see what other alternative there may be but for the most part its worked as needed"

SILV3R (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have found that not all generic versions of Restoril are as effective as others. My pharmacy normally fills my Rx with a generic labeled Mylan 4010, an orange capsule. It works perfectly for my insomnia. They filled my last Rx with one labeled R 076, which is a green and white capsule. I didn't sleep at all the first night I took them. The next night, I took the orange ones again and everything was as it should be. Last night I took the R 076 again and didn't sleep at all - again. I will speak with my pharmacy tomorrow - this change is NOT acceptable. I expect the R 076 are cheaper for them, which is unfair to me."

Shortie69 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 27, 2017

For Insomnia: "I've been taking the 30 mg dose for about five years. It works great for me, no side effects and I take it about an hour before I go to bed. I've tried other prescription sleep medication and they either gave me headaches or wore off too soon and I would wake up. I highly recommend Temazapam for anybody wanting a good night sleep consistently."

toconnor126 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 22, 2017

For Insomnia: "I can honestly say that this particular drug got me to sleep within 30 minutes of taking it (took it at 941pm EST). By 1015 I was drowsy enough to go to sleep. However, it's 124am EST and I've been up for about 25 minutes already. Needless to say, it's my first night taking it but I figured it would work the same as the other drugs I've tried. I'm not sure what else to do as I sleep maybe 2 hours a night and have been since returning from the army."

Jks7739 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "First I tried Ambien, loved it! But after a week or so I started having a reaction of itching so they stopped it. Then on to Lunesta it gave me a headache every morning but it did make me sleep. They stopped it. Then on to Temazapam 30 mg. It works within 1-2 hours. I sleep good for 6-8 hrs. Usually, sometimes I still will have trouble falling asleep or waking in the night but it's not every night so it's an improvement!"

Sleepless in Arkansas (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

For Insomnia: "Absolutely did not work for me. I tried it in lieu of Dalmane & a combo of Dalmane (30 mg), Gabapentin (600 mg) & 15 mg Remeron (VERY careful re: Weight Gain Side Effect, gained 20 lbs in short order), dramatically increases your appetite for Carbs & Sugars & overall appetite (what they don't tell you is that they give this to patients in the hospital who won't eat to increase their appetite)"

ehmwww (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "My experience with temazepam is HORRIBLY ineffective, like ambien and other sorts of medications. I've taken Clonazepam for years for anxiety disorder but suffer from insomnia. My doctor has literally lied to me saying she doesn't know anything about DORAL (quazepam) which I tried once and besides DORIDEN and older medication for sleep is not made anymore...but DORAL allowed me a beautiful sleep for 12 hours. Nothing but that has ever broken through the CLONOPIN wall is seem to have. It's disheartening and it seems my doctor about several issues just doesn't take it seriously."

Gazzabecks (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "I don't understand how everyone gets this medication I haven't slept a good night in years and still doctor won't prescribe these to me ?"

Can't sleep May 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "I took this medication for about a week before I stopped it. It was completely useless. Did not help put me to sleep at all. I took it at around 9pm and didn't go to sleep until around 5am. I have always had sleep issues but I do not recommend this medication to no one."

TyTY352 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

For Insomnia: "Took this twice about 5 days apart. The first time I was awake all night. The second time I was awake but also thought I could jump out of my skin. It would be like restless leg (which I don't have) except it's your whole body. Scary drug ! Called my Doctor & told them to put it on my chart as allergy."

1Cate (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

For Insomnia: "I take 30mg and get 4-5 hours of sleep. I find it puts me to sleep within the hour (usually 30 minutes). I sleep through the night taking it this way. Don't notice any side effects either. It seems to help with my anxiety too. It's not Xanax but it helps."

justmelilb April 19, 2017

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I took this medicine for the first time last night I had been using Seroquel but I had so many side effects that I had to stop using it. Although it was the first night I used it I could only sleep for two hours at a time after waking up several times I am finally wide-awake at 3:20 in the morning I ended up taking klonapin because I have a very busy day at work and I need my sleep I was on 15 mg of restoril. I will call my doctor this morning and see if she determines I need a higher dose"

Risam (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017