User Reviews for Temazepam systemic

Insomnia
6.8

Summary of Temazepam reviews 6.8 278 reviews

Reviews for Temazepam

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Restoril has been a Godsend for me. I have suffered insomnia since age 13 and increased dramatically from physical and emotional abuse from my ex-husband. I am so thankful this medicine exists, because believe me, it has been a godsend to me. Yes, it has its side backs and risks of dependency. But what is better? No sleep and extreme anxiety for days on end, or being able to actually function? I will take the latter. I wish you all, who are suffering similar situations, the very best and we all support you in your decisions."

DLJ_45 December 21, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I had been on ambien for about 3 weeks, and I was still waking up every two hours. I’d fall asleep quickly but still need naps during the day from being so exhausted. My doctor switched me to Restoril 15 mg and this is my first night taking it. I’ve been up every two hours on the dot (12:24, 2:24, 4:24) since going to bed at 10, and each time I’m woken up by a horrendous nightmare about murder and death then I’m awake for 30 min to an hour afterwards. So basically I’ve gotten 4 hours of stressful sleep and had terrible dreams with it and I’m wide awake at 5 AM for no reason. If my doc says to up the dose I will try it, but even though the ambien didn’t keep me asleep the sleep was still more refreshing than Restoril."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "Temazepam worked for a few days but I seemed to develop a tolerence very quickly and when I took a break from it I had insomnia worse then before. I went back to my doctor and he suggested Doral, a similar drug that I guess had a head to head trial with Temzepam and Doral was way more efficacious without the rebound insomnia that's common in other sleep drugs. I've been taking Doral when needed for my acute insomnia and it's a guaranteed 7-8 hours of what feels like natural sleep. I'm 3 weeks into intermittent use, maybe 7 pills used total, and no side effects."

New guy (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "After taking, I can fall asleep, but not quickly. I can stay SOUND asleep all night. But don’t feel rested or ever like a natural, deep sleep, naturally. On occasion, for no consistent reason, will still stay awake."

Sleepyjuice (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have suffered from situational depression about five times in my life. This past month I again tripped into depression getting about 2 hours of sleep with Ambien. Learned to cut the Ambien in half I could get another two hours, but laid awake hour after hour til dawn. Was also taking 100 to 150 mg of Zoloft ( which takes about two weeks to have any effect on me.) Lost 15 pounds and looked like the walking dead for almost a month. Asked my doctor if I could switch from Ambien to Tramazepam after reading about it. Took 15 mg last night and slept until 2am. Then drifted off to sleep until 5am... it was the best nights sleep I have had in a month. I have so much empathy for people who have insomnia ... it is the worse. Just keep trying different meds to find what works . I can tell you Ambien knocks you out fast, but with a half life of 1.5 hours it only works for a couple hours max. Tramazepam has a much longer half life. Hang in there!"

Ranger October 25, 2018

For Insomnia: "I had a very stressful experience at work which lasted more than a year. During that time I was prescribed sleeping tablets and anti-anxiety medication. The stress has finished, but has caused conditioned anxiety about sleeping and I ended up only getting 2-4 hours a night and sometimes none at all. I tried cognitive behaviour therapy but it nearly drove me mad. My doctor prescribed 10mg temazepam and it works perfectly. I take it at 10pm and I now get 6-7 hours sleep a night. The only side effect is a dry mouth. In addition, I avoid caffeine after lunch, exercise for at least 1.5 hours a day and try and keep my life as simple and stress-free as possible (not easy with my job). I am a bit concerned about the long term effects but at the moment it is a life-saver."

Life back (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

For Insomnia: "So I stopped sleeping Feb 1010 for 5 months straight. They thought I was depressed and I was put on Xanax, then Halcian, then Trazadone, then 300 mg of Seroquel that knocked me out. My liver enzymes went through the roof so my liver dr suggested Temazepam and I will tell you I took 30mg (2 fifteen mg capsules) a half to an hour apart and I started becoming normal again. I got my life back but after 6 years its not as effective it seems so I talked to my neurologist about weaning down with the Ashton Manual (withdrawing from benzos) I weaned off with Diazepam cause its a longer lasting benzo. I am down to 10 mg diazepam and trying different non addictive meds amitriptline or doxepin whichever works better."

ZusZus October 16, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I have been suffering from sleep issues for three weeks and was just prescribed 10mg x 1 tablet of Temazapam at night. It is now 3 hours since I took it and I am still wide awake. This is the third night in a row that this had happened. Clearly not working for me. I do hope you have more success than I am having."

Tired and frustrated (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

For Insomnia: "Well, just trying to start on the tramezapam tonight. I've been taking Ambien CR for the last several years, but my insurance company suddenly decided to remove it from my approved meds. I absolutely cannot pay for a 30 day supply at full cost. I am going to be starting the tremazepam 30 mg tonight. Hoping it will give me at least at least as many hours of. The reason for my insomnia is lupus itself plus my other autoimmune diseases causes so much insomnia as I have already been an insomniac since I was about 13."

Misscrackerz (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "30 mg Worked great first time I took it and every time I have needed since. Sleepy within 30 min and get a solid 8-10 hours sleep and wake up feeling amazing. Great stuff zero side effects - except losing weight."

Stu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 6, 2018

For Insomnia: "I can only speak for myself here but Temazepam has been a godsend. Would not class myself as full insomniac but my anxiety will keep me up maybe once or twice a week. I take quite a large dose (I’m 250lbs) of the liquid capsules about 45 mins before bed. It certainly has some anxiolytic effects and soothes me to sleep very quickly. I will say that it doesn’t keep me asleep as well as others but to be honest, if I awake in the middle of the night I am usually good and getting back to sleep. Overall, from my personal experience, I would recommend as a hypnotic."

Big Daddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Restoril is the only medication that worked for me. I have other conditions besides insomnia but I get a good nights sleep."

Chais18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I suffered from insomnia for 6 years. Doctors prescribed every drug known to man, nothing worked. Restoril is the only thing that has helped me. I'm aware it has side effects, but it also has given me my life back."

Leanna (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "I took my first Temazepam at 8 pm tonight. A 30 mg tablet. It’s now 11:45 pm. Still wondering if sleep will ever come. I’ve taken other benzodiazepines, Clonazapam and also diazepam. Started the clonazapam 20 yrs ago, was having problems sleeping. The effectiveness overtime did wear off so the dose was upped. The psychiatrist thought to try diazepam. Since it had a muscle relaxant. She didn’t get the right equivalent to the clonazapam. So no success. Went back on clonazapam. Then a few years later with a different Dr, we tried again, she got the right dosage swap out. The diazepam still was not helping get a good sleep. Took like six weeks to ween off of that benzo after taking them for so long. Then a few weeks after, total insomnia and sweating all night long. That lasted for about two weeks, and I asked to be put back on. Quit them cold turkey last week. Asked my pcp to get me something strong to knock me out. I guess I will be calling him in the morning."

Sleepless in the south (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "This medicine does NOT work! I took 30 mg plus my Serequil AND 35 mg of Melatonin. It took 3 hours to kick in and when it did, I only slept for an hour and a half. This is ridiculous! DO NOT take this medicine!!!! I can't say enough."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've been taking it for about a year with periodic breaks once a month for a week or two. I find that helps to make it work better again. I don't have any side effects when I stop other than the insomnia starts again within 3 to 4 days. I have accidentally found something that helps continue to work every night because after a couple of weeks I'm building a tolerance to it. I started the intermittent diet (I've lost 25 pounds in 3 1/2 months) and stop eating by 5pm or 6pm. With my stomach being empty the temazapam works 100% every night now. So if you eat close to bedtime and have built up a tolerance then maybe stop take it on an empty stomach and see if that works."

StacYvonne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I'm updating my review below from March 2. It's now April 21 2018. I'm 45 yr old female that was always a light sleeper but good sleeper until 2 yrs ago with physical symptoms that would wake or keep me up. I've taken 1-2 per week in conjunction with Advil PM on other nights (works!) and nothing 1-2 nights per week. I like Restoril. I take 15 mg. It absolutely helps. I have preexisting tinnitus for over a year and when I sleep it quiets it down a bit. I take it when I can sleep in and have no major plans before noon. This is a great supplemental drug that I will not take 2 days in a row. But once a week - maybe twice at the most."

Magster (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Insomnia: "First off I am of anti drug mentality. I hate pills and feel we are a drugged society. So it was with extreme trepidation that I agreed to try this. Dr gave me 15 mg a year a go with 15 pills. I have taken 3. Now they are almost expired so I reordered. I have been having very strange (brain tumor like - getting MRI in 2 weeks) symptoms at night with mild brain tremor and headaches and nausea and worsening tinnitus. They wake me from sleep. I've not slept well in 3 years. I've tried melatonin which sort of worked. Then recently probiotics of lactobacillus strain which not only helped my gut and cut nausea by 99% - but helped me to sleep for 3 weeks!!!! However all of a sudden my head symptoms worsened and I haven't slept much in 3 days. Took a restoril last night and just slept a perfect 7 hrs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! OK I believe in this stuff! But plan on taking once a week if needed to catch up."

Magster (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "It actually made my night worse. I only took it once last night but I hate to try it again and have another sleep deprived night."

Elo (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and was not sleeping. I got into the spiral of not sleeping making anxiety worse and then getting anxiety about anticipation of bedtime and lack of sleep to follow. Combined with therapy, I went on Temazepam for sleeping. I was so happy when I woke up the next day and had such a calm morning that I didn’t even care about the headache. I had a headache for first couple days taking it. It went away. I have been taking it 2 months. Only as prescribed. I’m a little concerned about building tolerance, but so far nothing. Note that I do not take other benzos and never have. For its purpose, it has been a life and sanity saver! I plan to go off it when summer starts and my mornings are low-stakes."

FinallySleeping (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "Tried it. Didn't work as prescritbed for me."

CLG SR (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "I suffer from PTSD major depressive and anxiety. Was put on 30 mg of Temazapan and Klonopin as well. Yes, they put me asleep for 3-4 hours then I'm wide awake. I've tried Ambien and Lunesta. Definitely need something stronger. Not sleeping is causing havoc on my life. Desperate now"

Never Sleep (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Take for two nights as directed then a break for two nights and then repeat Takes about an hour to work, sleep for solid 5 to 6 hours then wake up. Sometimes can get back to sleep and other times wide awake. Feel good the next day and not drowsy or lethargic"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "Dr had me on 15mg for about 6 months. It worked ok, but not great. On occasion I would take two 15mg and that would do the trick. Dr bumped me up to one 30mg per night. For whatever reason the 30mg isn't working nearly as well as taking two of the 15mg? I'll sleep for 2 hrs and be up for 2 hrs. Makes no sense."

Dee March 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have had a terrible sleep pattern for years and finally decided to take this tablet. Well I had the best sleep I have had in years, I slept 11.5 hours! I have had a terrible sleep pattern for ages. I felt a little groggy all day, but if I only have to take this tablet once a week, to get at least one great sleep a week, then that will do me. I can highly recommend this particular sleep remedy for anyone who sleeps badly."

Carol (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018