User Reviews for Temazepam

Insomnia
6.8

Summary of Temazepam reviews 6.8 272 reviews

Reviews for Temazepam

For Insomnia: "So I stopped sleeping Feb 1010 for 5 months straight. They thought I was depressed and I was put on Xanax, then Halcian, then Trazadone, then 300 mg of Seroquel that knocked me out. My liver enzymes went through the roof so my liver dr suggested Temazepam and I will tell you I took 30mg (2 fifteen mg capsules) a half to an hour apart and I started becoming normal again. I got my life back but after 6 years its not as effective it seems so I talked to my neurologist about weaning down with the Ashton Manual (withdrawing from benzos) I weaned off with Diazepam cause its a longer lasting benzo. I am down to 10 mg diazepam and trying different non addictive meds amitriptline or doxepin whichever works better."

ZusZus October 16, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I have been suffering from sleep issues for three weeks and was just prescribed 10mg x 1 tablet of Temazapam at night. It is now 3 hours since I took it and I am still wide awake. This is the third night in a row that this had happened. Clearly not working for me. I do hope you have more success than I am having."

Tired and frustrated (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

For Insomnia: "Well, just trying to start on the tramezapam tonight. I've been taking Ambien CR for the last several years, but my insurance company suddenly decided to remove it from my approved meds. I absolutely cannot pay for a 30 day supply at full cost. I am going to be starting the tremazepam 30 mg tonight. Hoping it will give me at least at least as many hours of. The reason for my insomnia is lupus itself plus my other autoimmune diseases causes so much insomnia as I have already been an insomniac since I was about 13."

Misscrackerz (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "30 mg Worked great first time I took it and every time I have needed since. Sleepy within 30 min and get a solid 8-10 hours sleep and wake up feeling amazing. Great stuff zero side effects - except losing weight."

Stu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 6, 2018

For Insomnia: "I can only speak for myself here but Temazepam has been a godsend. Would not class myself as full insomniac but my anxiety will keep me up maybe once or twice a week. I take quite a large dose (I’m 250lbs) of the liquid capsules about 45 mins before bed. It certainly has some anxiolytic effects and soothes me to sleep very quickly. I will say that it doesn’t keep me asleep as well as others but to be honest, if I awake in the middle of the night I am usually good and getting back to sleep. Overall, from my personal experience, I would recommend as a hypnotic."

Big Daddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Restoril is the only medication that worked for me. I have other conditions besides insomnia but I get a good nights sleep."

Chais18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I suffered from insomnia for 6 years. Doctors prescribed every drug known to man, nothing worked. Restoril is the only thing that has helped me. I'm aware it has side effects, but it also has given me my life back."

Leanna (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "I took my first Temazepam at 8 pm tonight. A 30 mg tablet. It’s now 11:45 pm. Still wondering if sleep will ever come. I’ve taken other benzodiazepines, Clonazapam and also diazepam. Started the clonazapam 20 yrs ago, was having problems sleeping. The effectiveness overtime did wear off so the dose was upped. The psychiatrist thought to try diazepam. Since it had a muscle relaxant. She didn’t get the right equivalent to the clonazapam. So no success. Went back on clonazapam. Then a few years later with a different Dr, we tried again, she got the right dosage swap out. The diazepam still was not helping get a good sleep. Took like six weeks to ween off of that benzo after taking them for so long. Then a few weeks after, total insomnia and sweating all night long. That lasted for about two weeks, and I asked to be put back on. Quit them cold turkey last week. Asked my pcp to get me something strong to knock me out. I guess I will be calling him in the morning."

Sleepless in the south (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "This medicine does NOT work! I took 30 mg plus my Serequil AND 35 mg of Melatonin. It took 3 hours to kick in and when it did, I only slept for an hour and a half. This is ridiculous! DO NOT take this medicine!!!! I can't say enough."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've been taking it for about a year with periodic breaks once a month for a week or two. I find that helps to make it work better again. I don't have any side effects when I stop other than the insomnia starts again within 3 to 4 days. I have accidentally found something that helps continue to work every night because after a couple of weeks I'm building a tolerance to it. I started the intermittent diet (I've lost 25 pounds in 3 1/2 months) and stop eating by 5pm or 6pm. With my stomach being empty the temazapam works 100% every night now. So if you eat close to bedtime and have built up a tolerance then maybe stop take it on an empty stomach and see if that works."

StacYvonne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I'm updating my review below from March 2. It's now April 21 2018. I'm 45 yr old female that was always a light sleeper but good sleeper until 2 yrs ago with physical symptoms that would wake or keep me up. I've taken 1-2 per week in conjunction with Advil PM on other nights (works!) and nothing 1-2 nights per week. I like Restoril. I take 15 mg. It absolutely helps. I have preexisting tinnitus for over a year and when I sleep it quiets it down a bit. I take it when I can sleep in and have no major plans before noon. This is a great supplemental drug that I will not take 2 days in a row. But once a week - maybe twice at the most."

Magster (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Insomnia: "First off I am of anti drug mentality. I hate pills and feel we are a drugged society. So it was with extreme trepidation that I agreed to try this. Dr gave me 15 mg a year a go with 15 pills. I have taken 3. Now they are almost expired so I reordered. I have been having very strange (brain tumor like - getting MRI in 2 weeks) symptoms at night with mild brain tremor and headaches and nausea and worsening tinnitus. They wake me from sleep. I've not slept well in 3 years. I've tried melatonin which sort of worked. Then recently probiotics of lactobacillus strain which not only helped my gut and cut nausea by 99% - but helped me to sleep for 3 weeks!!!! However all of a sudden my head symptoms worsened and I haven't slept much in 3 days. Took a restoril last night and just slept a perfect 7 hrs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! OK I believe in this stuff! But plan on taking once a week if needed to catch up."

Magster (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "It actually made my night worse. I only took it once last night but I hate to try it again and have another sleep deprived night."

Elo (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and was not sleeping. I got into the spiral of not sleeping making anxiety worse and then getting anxiety about anticipation of bedtime and lack of sleep to follow. Combined with therapy, I went on Temazepam for sleeping. I was so happy when I woke up the next day and had such a calm morning that I didn’t even care about the headache. I had a headache for first couple days taking it. It went away. I have been taking it 2 months. Only as prescribed. I’m a little concerned about building tolerance, but so far nothing. Note that I do not take other benzos and never have. For its purpose, it has been a life and sanity saver! I plan to go off it when summer starts and my mornings are low-stakes."

FinallySleeping (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "Tried it. Didn't work as prescritbed for me."

CLG SR (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "I suffer from PTSD major depressive and anxiety. Was put on 30 mg of Temazapan and Klonopin as well. Yes, they put me asleep for 3-4 hours then I'm wide awake. I've tried Ambien and Lunesta. Definitely need something stronger. Not sleeping is causing havoc on my life. Desperate now"

Never Sleep (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Take for two nights as directed then a break for two nights and then repeat Takes about an hour to work, sleep for solid 5 to 6 hours then wake up. Sometimes can get back to sleep and other times wide awake. Feel good the next day and not drowsy or lethargic"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "Dr had me on 15mg for about 6 months. It worked ok, but not great. On occasion I would take two 15mg and that would do the trick. Dr bumped me up to one 30mg per night. For whatever reason the 30mg isn't working nearly as well as taking two of the 15mg? I'll sleep for 2 hrs and be up for 2 hrs. Makes no sense."

Dee March 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have had a terrible sleep pattern for years and finally decided to take this tablet. Well I had the best sleep I have had in years, I slept 11.5 hours! I have had a terrible sleep pattern for ages. I felt a little groggy all day, but if I only have to take this tablet once a week, to get at least one great sleep a week, then that will do me. I can highly recommend this particular sleep remedy for anyone who sleeps badly."

Carol (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've been on temazepam for many years, started at 15mg which worked great for years, then it stopped working and my doc upped the dose to 30mg, I take it around 7pm and I sleep for 12 hours. I've been on ambien, lunesta, trazadone. The Ambien worked for a while but the other 2 have done nothing. I'm on a lot of meds for different reasons but I am grateful for the temazepam."

SleeplessinRhodeIsland (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 10, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I’m a 45 yr old female. Have been having insomnia for 2 years due to What I think are MS type symptoms. Physically so uncomfortable. I hate drugs and refuse them. I’ve been sitting on this bottle for months. Last night I gave the 15 mg a try. I actually spilled out a little from the capsule. So maybe it was 10mg. Ummmm I slept. Like I haven’t for years! Dreams! Like going wayyyy back type dreams. Slept 7-9 hrs. Woke up feeling so so. I’m sick now and have been having major daily fatigue for 6 months so didn’t wake up perky. Then I felt a bit nauseous at lunch Then I started feeling very very very agitated. Like uncontrolled. I will save this bottle and try again when I’m over this virus. And see if I feel the same anger over nothing. I know it’s not much of a review. But man did I SLEEP! The instructions on my bottle is As Needed. So it’s not to be a daily thing. Back to magnesium spray. "

Prickly pear March 2, 2018

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Since starting law school, I developed terrible anxiety. I never struggled with anxiety before, so this was all new to me. Eventually, the anxiety turned into anxiety AND insomnia. Long story short: my doctor knew it was anxiety causing the insomnia. She went through the same ordeal in medical school. She prescribed me Restoril, and voila! Sleep. Initially, the pill took 2 hours to put me to sleep, so I’d take it around 8 p.m. I didn’t have a problem with that since I knew to take it early. However, now I start feeling sleepy in less than an hour. My favorite thing about this medication is that I never wake up groggy. I rarely wake up sleepy and this is huge for me because I’ve awakened sleepy my entire life. I’m only on a short term dosage, but I am going to talk to my doctor about taking this medication the duration of my schooling. It really allows me to just rest instead of being anxious all night with no side effects!"

Fefe February 23, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have taken Ambien before for sleep, Antidepressants (off label), as well as everything OTC. Restoril is by far the best. Ambien stopped working very quickly (like after a few days quickly) The anti-depressants made my mind race, making it even more difficult to sleep. The OTC stuff is useless. I don't think I will ever need another sleeping medication. Restoril makes me go to sleep quickly after taking it, and I wake up very refreshed. Also, I take a high dose of Xanax for anxiety, and there seems to be little cross tolerance Restoril gets an A+++"

Sleepless by the Sea (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "Ok so I've been prescribed 15mg temazepam once a night for about 3 months now and it works great and does make me fall asleep within 30-45 min after taking it, but I'm now starting to wake up after only 1&1/2 to 2 hours of sleep tops and can't fall back to sleep when I wake up. I have severe PTSD and insomnia due to terminal brain cancer. What should I ask my doctor ? Should I ask if he can prescribe 2 a night so I have another 1 for when I wake up after a couple hours and can't go back to sleep? Or maybe ask to move me to 30mg 1x night to see if that will keep me asleep longer so I don't wake up after 2 hours? Any info is appreciated! "

Ronbanc January 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Need only occassionally - twice weekly??. Works very well and quickly if unable to sleep. Lasts approx 7 hrs. No side effects."

Good night January 29, 2018