User Reviews for Temazepam

Also known as: Restoril

Learn more about Temazepam.

Insomnia 235 reviews 107 medications

6.8
Summary of Temazepam reviews 235 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Temazepam

For Insomnia: "I can honestly say that this particular drug got me to sleep within 30 minutes of taking it (took it at 941pm EST). By 1015 I was drowsy enough to go to sleep. However, it's 124am EST and I've been up for about 25 minutes already. Needless to say, it's my first night taking it but I figured it would work the same as the other drugs I've tried. I'm not sure what else to do as I sleep maybe 2 hours a night and have been since returning from the army."

Jks7739 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "First I tried Ambien, loved it! But after a week or so I started having a reaction of itching so they stopped it. Then on to Lunesta it gave me a headache every morning but it did make me sleep. They stopped it. Then on to Temazapam 30 mg. It works within 1-2 hours. I sleep good for 6-8 hrs. Usually, sometimes I still will have trouble falling asleep or waking in the night but it's not every night so it's an improvement!"

Sleepless in Arkansas (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Absolutely did not work for me. I tried it in lieu of Dalmane & a combo of Dalmane (30 mg), Gabapentin (600 mg) & 15 mg Remeron (VERY careful re: Weight Gain Side Effect, gained 20 lbs in short order), dramatically increases your appetite for Carbs & Sugars & overall appetite (what they don't tell you is that they give this to patients in the hospital who won't eat to increase their appetite)"

ehmwww (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "My experience with temazepam is HORRIBLY ineffective, like ambien and other sorts of medications. I've taken Clonazepam for years for anxiety disorder but suffer from insomnia. My doctor has literally lied to me saying she doesn't know anything about DORAL (quazepam) which I tried once and besides DORIDEN and older medication for sleep is not made anymore...but DORAL allowed me a beautiful sleep for 12 hours. Nothing but that has ever broken through the CLONOPIN wall is seem to have. It's disheartening and it seems my doctor about several issues just doesn't take it seriously."

Gazzabecks (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I don't understand how everyone gets this medication I haven't slept a good night in years and still doctor won't prescribe these to me ?"

Can't sleep May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I took this medication for about a week before I stopped it. It was completely useless. Did not help put me to sleep at all. I took it at around 9pm and didn't go to sleep until around 5am. I have always had sleep issues but I do not recommend this medication to no one."

TyTY352 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Took this twice about 5 days apart. The first time I was awake all night. The second time I was awake but also thought I could jump out of my skin. It would be like restless leg (which I don't have) except it's your whole body. Scary drug ! Called my Doctor & told them to put it on my chart as allergy."

1Cate (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I take 30mg and get 4-5 hours of sleep. I find it puts me to sleep within the hour (usually 30 minutes). I sleep through the night taking it this way. Don't notice any side effects either. It seems to help with my anxiety too. It's not Xanax but it helps."

justmelilb April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "I took this medicine for the first time last night I had been using Seroquel but I had so many side effects that I had to stop using it. Although it was the first night I used it I could only sleep for two hours at a time after waking up several times I am finally wide-awake at 3:20 in the morning I ended up taking klonapin because I have a very busy day at work and I need my sleep I was on 15 mg of restoril. I will call my doctor this morning and see if she determines I need a higher dose"

Risam (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have narcolepsy, so I have periods where I sleep for days without being able to wake up and periods of severe insomnia. I've used various meds for the insomnia, most don't work or stop working in 3-4 months. I've been taking 30mg temazepam for a year and it is just starting to be less effective. It kicks in quickly. I will wake up to go to the bathroom after about 4-5 hours (sleeping that long at once is VERY unusual for me!), but can get back to sleep easily. It also doesn't leave me dopey, make me talk in my sleep or give me funky dreams. The Dr will cycle me to something else soon, but I really hope to come back to temazepam because it is by far the best I've used."

Nyssareen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Insomnia for years. Prescibed temazepam out of desperation. Told to start at 7.5 mg first week. Then take 15mg second if wasn't affective first week. Told that it night take up to a week for it to work. Took 7.5 first night. Got 2 hrs sleep and during work, later that day felt weird. I already was going crazy from lack of sleep. Could not take another chance feeling that way at work from temazepam. I was given trazodone 8 month's earlier 50mg from doctor; I never used it. Was afraid I'd be groggy. Did some research online, decided , out of desperation to try 50mg trazodone, with 7.5 temazepam, finally got some sleep, not 8 hrs but enough. I doubt this is recommended,I probably shouldn't take it together. Anyway taking combo 1, 2x a week. Don't want to become physically addicted. At least I get a few days of sleep. "

Yello April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I developed chronic insomnia after a stressful life experience in 2006. I asked my general practitioner to prescribe Temazapam (Normisom) on the advice of a friend who had used it, and it is a godsend! I took it every night for 5 years, and found it non addictive, worked consistently, and I did not experience any side effects except for a little drowsiness next day sometimes. I was able to give up taking it every night when my stress levels and sleep improved, but recently I have had to start using it regularly again (I take half a tablet) every night; I just wish 1 tablet would deliver a solid 8 hours sleep instead of 5-6. My only concern is that I have heard (anecdotally) that it may contribute to dementia in some people."

SandyKatz (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I had basically not slept for like 5 years. I'd been prescribed numerous meds that didn't work. Finally, my psychiatrist prescribed Restperil and it has worked wonders. I finally have my life back and can function during the day. I only wish I'd found it sooner. The 30mg works wonderful for me. I feel great in the mornings and I don't feel drugged out. I haven't noticed any side effects whatsoever."

Anonymous February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have been taking temazpam for 7 years I take 40 to 60mg a day I want to stop taking them but I'm scared of the side affects"

Tanyatee16 February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Started taking Temazepam when my parents were sick. I have had chronic insomnia for 20 years before resorting to asking the doctor for some help, as I was taking extremely high doses of Gravol/Dramamine and was lucky to fall asleep at 5 am only to have to get up at 6 am. Started with some blue pill that left a horrible aftertaste, then Ativan but that didn't work. Finally started with Temazepam at night. Take it a couple hours before bed, and then fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. I will never come off this drug, I couldn't possibly return to crippling insomnia."

ducky69 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Worked for me and I can NEVER sleep. Only downfall is it takes so long to kick in. Woke up 7 hours later feeling fine."

Sleepless in MI83 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Very effective.6-8 hours uninterrupted sleep"

Insomniac 1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Totally ineffective. Only giving it a 2 because of the lack of side effects, otherwise i'd give it a 1."

Spazoman January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Temazepam 30mg nightly for about 7 years. The results have been very good for sleep but I also have a side benefit, the Temazepam also mask my pain from severe neuropathy. I decided to stop taking the drug and did for over 3 weeks with no withdraw issues but the neuropathy came back with a vengeance so I've started using it again."

Riloky December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "As a chronic insomniac I have trouble not only getting to sleep but staying asleep. Temazepam works wonderfully: 7-8 hours of blissful sleep. There are no side-effects that I have noticed."

Irate computer user (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've tried all other drugs and prescription drugs..Temazapam hands down 30 mgs. However I have a high tolerance to these sleep aids"

Uncle D December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I took Temazepam 15 MG for over a month with no results. I combined it with zzzquill about halfway through the month which still didn't help. I've now upped my dose to 30 mg per night combined with zzzquill for the last two weeks and it's still not getting me to sleep. Once I finally fall asleep, which can take hours, I still wake up several times throughout the night."

LexiLemur December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I received 15mg for the very first time ever, took one dose at 7:30pm and it is 11pm and still wide awake, been getting 2 hours of sleep a night and this didn't help, so disappointed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "My first dose I stayed up all night got sleepy the next day. I like my Ambien better. I take it on weekends when im not working.when it does put me to sleep it takes half the night."

Katherine T November 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Restoril (temazepam) for Insomnia: "Restiril for sleep"

skdmark (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016