User Reviews for Eszopiclone

Also known as: Lunesta

Learn more about Eszopiclone.

Insomnia 205 reviews 107 medications

6.5
Summary of Eszopiclone reviews 205 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Beware! This works, but if you ever are without it- you'll not sleep. Withdrawals are a little rough if you are trying to come off use another otc sleep aid while off. My insurance quit coverage and I had to get thru without it . Not easy."

Kville mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I have been on Lunesta since 2010. Worked like a charm. Definitely left a metallic taste even the next morning, but I did not care because I could sleep and wake refreshed. I immediately switched to the generic once available and had no issues. However, earlier this year I noticed that the medication no longer had the metallic taste BUT I also noticed that it stopped working. It is obvious that the manufacturer has changed the inactive ingredients to do away with the side effect of the metallic taste but now the medication is NOT working and I don't know what I am going to do."

Hazleygirl June 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Bad taste in my mouth and noticed it immediately-- like I'm sucking on quarters -- my smoking does not help this taste lol um so first day, took it because I haven't slept since seroquel which is the only thing that has worked for me and because they don't have it on formulary in some parts of the states which sucks for me- and took it three hours ago and look at me blogging about it "

Madny (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Generic brand doesn't not work for me at all. I couldn't sleep woke up several times at night. And then when to get up for work had a pounding headache. However The name brand work great how much more expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "First had anxiety so agreed with doc to take Lexapro daily in the morning. It worked wonders. But then I realized I was still not sleeping well. Back to doc, who suggested Lunesta 3 mg. Have taken this combo since 2006 and can honestly say the 2 Meds have saved my life. Have had to add Wellbutrin in am with Lexapro, but am a fan for life. FYI: have been able to wean Lunesta down to 1.5mg at times; and am hopeful that eventually I can give it up entirely. I have stayed at 1.5mg dose for maybe 4 months at a time. But then life events tend to make me need the 3 mg again. Bottom line, I am lucky that these 3 Meds work for me. I wish everyone out there to find the right recipe for sleep and peace."

Dbe May 25, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Neurologist prescribed eszopiclone 3mg to replace klonopin for nocturnal myoclonus. Klonopin had daytime cognitive effects for me. Eszopiclone initially worked well. But I woke up after 5 1/2 to 6 hours, even if it's 3am. No getting back to sleep. BIG problem now, pharmacies continuously change drug manufacturers, so I never know which maker of eszopiclone I'll be getting. Dark blue eszopiclone, with a beach ball shape does not work at all. My neurologist and two pharmacists also getting feedback that not all generics of Lunesta work. Pharmacies state that they can not order from a particular company because this is a controlled substance. Can anyone help me? Is anyone in this forum having better success with a particular drug manufacturer?"

TooBadTobums (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I took 3mg my first night. I was so groggy, I don't remember anything from about two hours before bed and I had the WORST TIME waking up this AM. I was so groggy and cranky and again can barely remember anything until I started finally getting up and around. This is super strong, I took 3mg, but for someone who goes days without sleeping, I'll take these side effects over no sleep any day. I am taking the generic. At least give it a try. I have to for insurance purposes and I'm pretty glad I did. My doctor says the grogginess will fade after a while."

Ktbuggg12 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Ever since I was a child I had sleeping issues. It would either take me all night to go to sleep and wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. This med is awesome because if I wake up in the middle of the night and I still have 3 hours to sleep I can take it without having to worry about being drowsy or discombobulated."

Mickey E (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "My pill has changed it was a tiny little blue blue. It's now beige with ez 3 and and an M o. The opposite. Seems like it doesn't work like the little blue pill I've taken for months."

OhSoTired (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I started this medication last night not effective I fell asleep for a half hour then wide awake nasty taste in my mouth feel like crap all day and depression I'll try it one more night if it does not work tonight I'm definitely going to stop taking it and try something else I have severe insomnia I was on Ambien for 2 years build up a tolerance so I'm trying others."

Anonymous35 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I found Lunesta effective if I didn't eat anything for about 3 hours before taking it. Ambien scared the crap out of me. I had a seizure because I ran out. Don't get hooked on Ambien it's terrifying."

dapperdog (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I was taking Ambien 12mg, which in my opinion is the best sleeping pill on the market right now. I heard about Lunesta and I decided to give a try. My Doctor prescribe the 2mg. Hours passed by and I'm still waiting for it to kick in. Nothing. I made a huge mistake by changing from Ambient for Lunesta. Now I have to wait for a month to go back to Ambient. If you're thinking of switching or trying Lunesta. Don't even bother. I guarantee you Ambient is the best option"

Jdgim9 April 10, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Worked well at first, but then stopped working, I have to take 5mg melatonin every night, 6mg prazosin (for PTSD nightmares), and 50mg of benadryl now for it to promote sleep onset successfully. I feel my body wakes up around 6am, (depending on the time I take it mostly). I don't know if it's my body becoming completely dependent on Lunesta to sleep, or taking my Prazosin lasting only about 6 hours causes my blood pressure to rise when it wears off making me wake up, or if I have back issues making me awake after it wears off. I think since I have delayed sleep phase disorder, my body has become too accustomed to the medicine to remain asleep due to the long duration of action, in comparison to the short duration of action of ambien."

Mr. Yolo April 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "60 days ; not effective."

jack b nimble April 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "So, I've tried multiple sleeping aids. Temazepam and trazadone gave me headaches. Benedryl, NyQuil, hydroxyzine increased my restless legs. Melatonin was insufficient at max recommended dosage. Ambien was by-far the best at 10mg, but because I'm only 27, the doctor doesn't want to prescribe an addictive medication (her words). So I'm on Lunesta. It has a horrible taste of pennies, but if you put it on the back of your tongue and let it slide down while drinking, it doesn't cause it. But DON'T take a drink and let it swish around, bc it will leave that metallic taste! My insurance doesn't cover mine, but my pharmacy offers a discount card so I pay $30. 1mg is useless, I have to take 3mg to get any sleep, but better than no sleep."

SugarBrookie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 24, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I don't have crippling insomnia, but I cycle through rough periods of it. Zopiclone 7.5mg has worked well for me. I fall asleep within half an hour of taking it if I am in bed, lights off. It gives me a good 7 hours of rest most of the time, but I track my sleep quality and sometimes the quality actually isn't that great. I need to be in bed when I take it because if I stay up for more than ~30 mins after taking it, I can't fall asleep. Super frustrating, but avoidable."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed the generic version (blue pill) because I had trouble falling and staying asleep. I would fall asleep in about 30-60 minutes, but only to stay asleep for 2-3 hours! Than, I was wide awake. This also left a horrible, bitter-like taste in my mouth the next day, especially when I drank water or tea. I would not recommend this. Perhaps, the brand name version doesn't have this nasty after taste and lasts longer. But, if your insurance does not cover brand name, I would skip this drug. I would go with Ambien. My Dr prescribed the generic version of Ambien and it works better than generic Lunesta! I fell asleep within 15-20 minutes of taking it and stayed asleep for about 4 hours. Still not enough sleep though..."

Baby Donks March 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "This has worked for me . I was on Ambien and it made me sleepwalk, I would find things or food on the kitchen counter and thought someone had broken in to my place, then I was told it was causing sleepwalking. Now the pharmacy told me the manufacture are not making the 3 MG. So I have to get a 2 MG and a 1 MG. And the insurance was giving me a hard time they didn't want to cover it. I told them it was causing me to sleepwalk and if something happen to me,I would hold them Responsible."

Adamina March 6, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Have been taking Lunesta, 3mg, for over five years getting 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night. The last prescription my provider filled was a generic made by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, believe me it is not the same as Lunesta, I only get about 4 hours of sleep before waking. I recommend that if you have stay away from this brand of generic as it does not have the same effect on your sleep as Lunesta."

novaman (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Eszopiclone by Teva was an awful sleep medication for me - 4 nights of almost no sleep accompanied by a dreadful metallic taste that stays around for 12 hours. As good a sleep aid as Quetiapine was, this drug was dreadful. I'd stay far away from this drug. Perhaps the brand name drug Lunesta is better, but my insurance didn't cover it."

Stevie men January 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "My girlfriend, while under the influence of Lunesta, sat up while dreaming she was bring raped...screaming at the top of her voice uncontrollably. I turned to hold and console her and she bit into my wrist without letting go for about 30 seconds. She was crazy delusional and incoherent. I am totally scared and traumatized by the experience. This is a dangerous drug. I told her to get off Lunesta and learn to sleep 6-8 hours like a normal person by listening to your body and balancing your life."

FrickenAfraid January 3, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "The brand worked wonders for me. Teva generic does absolutely nothing but give me the metallic taste in my mouth times 10 that the name brand did. The generic by Roxane works for me. It still doesn't work as well as the brandname."

lexical (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have been on ambien for years. At one period of time, not living in this country I was prescribed 20 mls a night. Back here in the US I have been put on 12.5 extended release. I usually take 1 and a half to get me to sleep with 2 phenergan. I crave sweet things after taking it. I run out Halfway through the month. I was getting a supply from India of 10mls too for 150 dollars but ran out of those this week. I was given to try Lunesta 3 mls I have been awake for hours after taking the Lunesta plus 2 phenergan and 300 mls of gabapentin. I have been to a sleep Center as well. They wanted to take me off all sleep meds except for Gabapentin and gave me A sleep machine. Totally useless, a lot of money. Ambien for me are way better than anything"

Anonymous December 11, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Started taking Lunesta when I was 15. The brand name works amazingly! Now that insurance doesn't want to cover the brand without a fight,even if they cover I have a 100$ Co pay on it!! I'm stuck with the generic and it's not so great. Definitely doesn't work as well plus the orange generic doesn't work at all, I have to have the blue ones to get any type of sleep."

*d.A. (taken for 10 years or more) December 7, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I used to take one 3mg Lunesta a night before bed. Worked beautiful. Now... nothing. Anyone else experience this?"

Sweetjesusstacy1976 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2016