User Reviews for Eszopiclone

Insomnia
6.2

Summary of Eszopiclone reviews 6.2 279 reviews

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Ambien is better. Have to take too much Lunesta just to get to sleep and then only sleep in two hour stretches. Doesn't seem to have same calming properties as Ambien"

Lcs6711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2019

For Insomnia: "I take this medication on a regular basis and have had the Teva brand twice with issues of it not working. I cannot sleep at all without sleep meds so I definitely notice the difference in the manufacturers. Teva eszopiclone is the only brand I have noticed that doesn't work. I hope this helps someone else. I just tell the pharmacy I do not want this brand."

Jennilen (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "In 2013 my PCP prescribed this for me for insomnia. At that time I would fall asleep quickly by 10-11:00 pm but awaken by 3-4:00 am & could not go back to sleep. The first night I took this med, I slept quite well. I opened my eyes and the bedroom was upside down. I was so scared. I rubbed my eyes, room went right side up allowing me to go to the bathroom. As I sit on the toilet with my eyes closed then open them up, bathroom went upside down. I was freaking out. I repeated the eye rubbing process & everything went normal again. I was groggy the whole day & night. I was prescribed 5 mg. The next evening I cut the pill in half and I was fine the next morning but the grogginess continued. I couldn’t even drive my car for 2-3 days. I continue to have sleep problems of a different nature but fearful to try it again. Melatonin 3, 5, 7 mg works for 1-2 days then it’s no longer effective."

chicagopd (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I took the generic form of Lunesta- eszopiclone as the Lunesta brand is so expensive that you could pay your entire rent with only two bottles. The generic stuff works okay, but it leaves the most annoying, awful metallic taste in your mouth for the entire duration, the moment it hits you bloodstream."

Laurie (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "LUNESTA WORKS. My daily sleeping pill is 25mg hydroxyzine by TEVA. It no longer puts me to sleep by itself, and sometimes I still am wide awake for hours, or even days. I call those emergency situations. I take a Lunesta 1mg for those situations, and at least half the time it sends me to sleep. My prescription was from a year ago and I still have half a bottle left. Everyone needs options and thankfully Lunesta works for me."

SleeplessHead (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2019

For Insomnia: "I'm in the UK and we use Zopiclone rather than Eszopiclone/Lunesta but it's pretty much the same drug formulation. I have found that it works best every other night instead of every night as most people will eventually build a tolerance to the sedative effect. So anyway after taking Zopiclone I read for a while and usually feel the effects around 20 mins later - a strong feeling of relaxation gradually comes over me but not too much confusion. Then I put my book down and after that I'm usually asleep in 10 mins and feel refreshed the next day. I "only" give it a 9 rating because of the strange metallic taste the next day but it's a small price to pay for some sleep."

Patrick (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I took Lunesta for the first time and it was great, it put me to sleep within few minutes and I slept the entire night. Woke up fresh and well rested, like I haven’t been before. People are talking about bad taste, I haven’t experienced any, maybe a little dry mouth, but glass of water fixed it. I will stick to this pill for a while now."

Uglo March 16, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Prescribed 2mg of the generic. Took it one night (two nights ago) and it did not help. Felt hungover the next day, with a cough and clear mucous and horrible nausea and diarrhea. Not worth it for me."

Scotty (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

For Insomnia: "I am very surprised to see so many negative Reviews, my experience has been so positive with Lunesta. I’m menopausal and was miserable with a few hours of sleep a night. I’ve been on Lunesta for a year. It has saved me from migraines and being moody and irrational behavior in the day time. I get a full Eight hours with no side affects I wake rested and no migraines any more. I tried other sleep meds and this is the one that works for me. My insomnia was so bad I thought I was going crazy. I’m grateful for my clear head the next day."

Grateful (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2019

For Insomnia: "I received a saliva gene test that determined lunesta would absorb in my system. Well that was a joke. I would literally lay there for hours completely relaxed with my eyes shut telling myself, its going to work, its going to work. Well the highest dose still didn't do a thing. Dr arguing with me that it's my vyvanse. Well no because I don't take that on my days off of work. Then I tried it on empty stomach that didn't work. I had to take xanax with it. So I got a couple hours but then was wide awake. My anxiety got a lot worse too but that may be because she switched my antidepressant too."

Insomniac December 3, 2018

For Insomnia: "I started the generic on Tuesday. I took it at 8 pm. I felt like I was waking up every 15 minutes. Wednesday night I slept 8 hours. I was exhausted. Last night I slept 4 hours total. I was up at 230 AM ready to deep clean my entire house!"

Nana (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "Had been taking lunesta 3mg for about 5 months. Caused a gradual memory loss, aggressive behavior and ended up diagnosed with a mental disorder and spent 10 days in a behavioral, mental hospital. Very traumatizing experience. Can only remember bits and pieces from this time."

bity (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I thought it was awesome at first. Put me right to sleep, but woke up after 6 hrs completely wide awake. By 4pm I am exhausted because 6 hours isn't enough. I only sleep 6 hrs every night with this (usually I sleep 10 but not very good quality). It is probably useful simply to reset my bed time to 10pm rather than 1am, but it doesn't help with overall sleep."

Lunerzzz (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Best sleeping pill I've ever taken. Doesn't knock you head over heels like Ambien. Works more like your actual sleep cycle. Keeps me asleep for a long time too. Thank you lunesta."

Steve (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 14, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Eszopiclone and Lunesta for years. My experience is that it all depends on the manufacturer. Teva did not work. Karaflex and Pharma work fine. Today the pharmacy discontinued both of those. Aurobindo does NOT work! Good news is, I didn’t let them give me 30 of them. Be diligent! Cheap knockoffs are tempting pharmacies to make more money, meanwhile we suffer."

Frustrated October 8, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I was on Lunesta for occasional insomnia and it worked fairly well for my insomnia when I took it on an empty stomach (minimum a few hours after dinner). That being said, it is very addictive. I’ve never had issues with substance dependence but after taking it for several days I got severe rebound insomnia, It also is very tolerance prone. Withdrawing from it was horrible and lasted for over a week, with a constant migraine-level headache, chills, nausea, diarrhea, shooting nerve pains , tremors, and absolutely terrible insomnia . So my advice, if you use it for insomnia then set a limit for yourself. It’s a god send for occasional insomnia but don’t take it for more than three nights in a row and make sure to wait a few days after using it to reduce rebound and tolerance effects. It really is a good drug for insomnia but treat it with the caution and respect it deserves because the dependence and withdrawal are horrible."

Flix2020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Took it for about 5 years did the job. Generally when I cut it I get the bad taste but whole the taste is not so bad. I have been able to wean myself down to 1/2 tab and still get 5 hrs sleep. Gets the job done! I've struggled with insomnia for so many years, thanks to the manufacturers I now have something that works."

Andy (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Started taking the generic form of Lunesta a few months ago for insomnia. As long as I don't eat too close to the time I take it, it works wonders. I only take it a couple times a week because I don't want to end up with diminishing returns from taking it more often. Still trying to figure out how to prevent the horrid taste that develops next day but, for the sleep, I'll suffer for a day or two."

Bill (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I've been off and on lunesta for about 7 years, tried about 5 other prescribed sleep meds and all kinds of natural & otc meds.. lunesta remains supreme! It DOES lose effectiveness quickly, worse than any other in my experience, this is why I keep trying others. After a month or 2 I'm forced to alternate off. It DOES leave a odd taste in your mouth but somehow the taste tends to help relax me. If you take this within 3 hours of eating don't bother..it's not designed to metabolize with food and it won't help you! Take on empty stomach and it goes to work quickly. I love lunesta!"

KennyBoy (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "My adult son took Lunesta for insomnia. One year ago today, he took his medication as indicated and then 2 hours later, began sleep walking, tried to light a candle; and caught himself on fire. He was burned over 55% of his body. He is now missing most of his left hand, has limited use of his left arm and is permanently disabled. Our biggest caution to everyone was he had no reaction to being on fire. He never said a word and we did not find him until the fire alarms went off. Although we knew there was a risk of sleep walking we never expected the inability to react at all."

AMC's Mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "So far have been taking for a month. I started at 1 mg. with little effect and am currently taking 2 mg. It's about 60% effective if measured in a ten day period. I'd take some sleep over none as I've dealt with insomnia my whole life."

NotRipVanWinkle September 8, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I absolutely love lunesta! I take 1.5mg about an hour before bed. My mind goes right into sleep zone as soon as I lay down. I slept 8 hours last night, after being awake for 36 hours. It does taste disgusting, but luckily it only last a few minutes. I tried Ambien and it works great as well, but gave me migraines the next day. I do feel it was a bit stronger and the house could cave in around me and I wouldn't wake up. With the lunesta I can wake up if I need to and still be able to fall back asleep."

Sugarmag August 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "The only side effect that I know of is the metallic after taste. Problem is, the med is just not effective. A couple of times, I got a few hours of interrupted light sleep but most of the time, nothing. 3mg at bed time and I lay awake praying that I get some sleep. Nope, not on this worthless pill."

121GW (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have taken Lunesta 3mg tablets for 4 months now, and it works better than Ambien. I get a full night's sleep, and it helps relax my mind."

Gavin F (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have been on Lunesta for about a week. I have gotten the absolute best sleep in this week. I also suffer from chronic pain, but I have not experienced that much pain since taking Lunesta. Not sure how the medication affects the pain, but I am truly grateful to be feeling so much better since I started taking Lunesta. My sleep is extremely peaceful and I feel totally rested once I am up."

Lo Lo (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018