User Reviews for Eszopiclone

Also known as: Lunesta

Learn more about Eszopiclone.

Insomnia 188 reviews 109 medications

6.6
Summary of Eszopiclone reviews 188 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Eszopiclone

For Insomnia: "Have been taking Lunesta, 3mg, for over five years getting 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night. The last prescription my provider filled was a generic made by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, believe me it is not the same as Lunesta, I only get about 4 hours of sleep before waking. I recommend that if you have stay away from this brand of generic as it does not have the same effect on your sleep as Lunesta."

novaman (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "Eszopiclone by Teva was an awful sleep medication for me - 4 nights of almost no sleep accompanied by a dreadful metallic taste that stays around for 12 hours. As good a sleep aid as Quetiapine was, this drug was dreadful. I'd stay far away from this drug. Perhaps the brand name drug Lunesta is better, but my insurance didn't cover it."

Stevie men January 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "My girlfriend, while under the influence of Lunesta, sat up while dreaming she was bring raped...screaming at the top of her voice uncontrollably. I turned to hold and console her and she bit into my wrist without letting go for about 30 seconds. She was crazy delusional and incoherent. I am totally scared and traumatized by the experience. This is a dangerous drug. I told her to get off Lunesta and learn to sleep 6-8 hours like a normal person by listening to your body and balancing your life."

FrickenAfraid January 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "The brand worked wonders for me. Teva generic does absolutely nothing but give me the metallic taste in my mouth times 10 that the name brand did. The generic by Roxane works for me. It still doesn't work as well as the brandname."

lexical (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have been on ambien for years. At one period of time, not living in this country I was prescribed 20 mls a night. Back here in the US I have been put on 12.5 extended release. I usually take 1 and a half to get me to sleep with 2 phenergan. I crave sweet things after taking it. I run out Halfway through the month. I was getting a supply from India of 10mls too for 150 dollars but ran out of those this week. I was given to try Lunesta 3 mls I have been awake for hours after taking the Lunesta plus 2 phenergan and 300 mls of gabapentin. I have been to a sleep Center as well. They wanted to take me off all sleep meds except for Gabapentin and gave me A sleep machine. Totally useless, a lot of money. Ambien for me are way better than anything"

Anonymous December 11, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Started taking Lunesta when I was 15. The brand name works amazingly! Now that insurance doesn't want to cover the brand without a fight,even if they cover I have a 100$ Co pay on it!! I'm stuck with the generic and it's not so great. Definitely doesn't work as well plus the orange generic doesn't work at all, I have to have the blue ones to get any type of sleep."

*d.A. (taken for 10 years or more) December 7, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "I used to take one 3mg Lunesta a night before bed. Worked beautiful. Now... nothing. Anyone else experience this?"

Sweetjesusstacy1976 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I started having terrible sleeping issues due to some life events. I saw the commercials on TV about it and talked to my doctor about it. Plus I read it didn't have the crazy side effects of other sleeping pills. It came across as perhaps a lighter sleeping pill. I got a prescription for 3mg and the first night I took it, about 5minutes later I got this terrible taste in my mouth, very bitter. For the ladies, Id describe it as having fingernail polish on and biting your nail, that taste. I grabbed some spearmint candy I had and sucked on one of those and that helped SO much! By the time I finished the 2nd one I was almost out of it and completely asleep. I did that for a week but now I dont even taste it anymore. Been using for 3 years now!"

Dsquared03 December 2, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Had first complete night sleep three days ago. Works without causing hang over next morning."

Susiesq (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "I seem to have some leg cramps, bursitis and increased arthritis with this medication. Can't stand more than 10 minutes without leg pain."

Moon & Stars November 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Take it right before bed. Worked great."

Pam F 51 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "My experience with Lunesta was a bit difficult. The brand name (which I never believed was any different than generic) worked WONDERS for me for years! But after insurance, was $50 per month. You get this lovely (awful) metallic taste in your mouth right before it kicks in, and it stays - so trick is to brush your teeth AND tongue, drink OJ, it'll pass. Then the generic came out (YAY CHEAPER), and ALL I got was the metallic taste. No sleep. If you need sleep and have the $, go brand name and enjoy your slumber! 2mg was the perfect dose for me as 3mg made me a bit drowsy."

JeccaLeigh (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "I learned that Lunesta et al works poorly if you've eaten within an hour of taking it. Best on empty stomach or very light snack but absolutely NO fatty foods. Be already in bed, no phone/laptop nearby to disturb you sleep onset. A book or audiobook, but no blue light devices! Take pill with a BIG swig of water & a few more swigs to keep the pill from touching on the way down! Otherwise it's bitter so have some minty gum handy just in case. I take 2 mg, had to make adjustments per above, but now it works great to get me to drop off gently. I still wake up within about four hours, but sometimes I take another half & can sleep a few more hours : )"

JB Moki (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I was taking Ambien 15mg for awhile but my body built a tolerance to it. Over 2 weeks ago my doctor changed my prescription to Lunesta 3mg. I finally got up the nerve to take it after doing all the research. This is the first I have taken and I must say the aftertaste after about 5 minutes of taking it is absolutely HORRIBLE. Even breathing in through my mouth or nose heightens it. It strongly reminds me of how my mouth would taste after taking chemotherapy for cancer. It's causing a horrible flashback for me. This will be the first and last Lunesta I take. You also can't eat or drink anything as it tastes horrible too. I guess I will have to go back to Ambien."

BushBaltimore (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have taken Lunesta 3mg for 4 yrs and haven't had any problems with it. No side effects, no funny tastes, I just pop it in my mouth with a big drink and wala! I take it and in about 30 min I'm asleep and don't wake up until the next morning with no hang over feeling, no headaches or anything. I have tried them all, I used to go for days and days without sleep so when I tried this and it worked it was like a whole new world opened up. This may just work different on some people as I was reading, but in my case IT WORKED!"

ozma58 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "I have been taking generic eszopiclone 3mg for several years and haven't had a problem until I the pharmacy changed manufacturers to Orchid. The Orchid pill does not put me to sleep. I have had no problem with Teva manufactured eszopiclone. It works just like it's should. Within 30 mins of taking it, I'm asleep. A year ago I was given Dr Reddys manufactured and it did not put me to sleep either. So far the only generic that works for me is Teva. I have a flag on my account at the pharmacy that I prefer Teva but they apparently ran out of it last week!!? They gave me Orchid and I haven't had a good nights sleep since.It's really crazy to have an approved generic that doesn't work!!"

twcgirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "Only one side effect. Keeps me wide awake! Going to talk to pharmacist tomorrow. Almost a week now. Horrible sleep deprivation, feelings of depression, confusion, sadness, crying spells and lethargy. Something VERY wrong with this generic brand of Lunesta. I've been on another generic brand of Lunesta for approx. 3 years. Last refill was darker blue in color, this one is a lighter blue."

Db52 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Tried 3 milligrams of Lunesta did not work at all to help me sleep. But right now I am suffering from extreme anxiety and depression. And have other health issues and a ton of stuff on my mind. I also just tried Ambien ER last night and it did not work either. In the past couple years ago I did take Ambien and it worked to make me sleep but after taking 4 a week or so made my anxiety and depression worse. Be careful if you suffer from depression taking this medication is what I found out. I only recently tried to take sleeping pills again out of desperation as I have developed some bad stomach problems and possibly my pancreatitis flaring up and have been off of work for 2 months on workman's comp worried about losing my house and my healt"

Very insomnic (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "I have no qualms about this medication! I don't have crippling insomnia, but I cycle through periods where I am affected by it. Zopiclone 7.5mg has worked great for me. I fall asleep within half an hour of taking it if I am in bed, lights off but if I stay up walking around it won't knock me out. I think the first time I took it I had morning drowsiness, but I haven't experienced that since. It gives me a good 7 hours of rest. The only reason I didn't give it 10/10 is because if I stay up for more than ~45-60 mins after taking it, I can't fall asleep. Super frustrating, but avoidable."

stephlyudmila (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Here's a trick to help my fellow insomniac's sleep. I have 3 very painful forms of Arthritis in my upper and lower back, neck, knees, feet, hands, exc. I have insomnia from chronic pain, and severe PTSD. 2mg Lunesta got me 4hrs rest. 3mg got me 6hrs sleep. I finally got 8 hours sleep by raising my dose to 2-2mg pills per night. I didn't get 4, 6, or, 8 hrs sleep until I changed eating habits. Plan your evening like so: eat a small portion of healthy foods. Wait 20-30 minutes, and then take your Lunesta. Wait 20-30 minutes, and eat another small portion of healthy food, and head to bed. The food keeps the medicine in your system longer. Also for those paying cash like me, use blinkhealth.com. I get my 60-2mg pills for $53.16 a month."

RzR CRzN August 24, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "I had terrible sleep waking many times an hour. Doctor prescribed Ambien and it helped but I sleept only about 3 hours. He changed to lunesta which had longer half life and sleept about 5 hours give or take. No real side effects that I could tell. I started taking ionized magnesium powder from whole foods in water for general health reasons and found that I did not need lunesta any longer. I sleep soundly for 8 hours or more if schedule permits. I suggest that if you try magnesium start with a smaller amount that recommended and add benefiber because magnesium tends to loosen the bowel somewhat. Magnesium is great for overall nerves health and I have not needed sleep aid since starting. Whole Foods has 365 brand or try Calm."

GM12345 August 13, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Worked for a while but have to take 2-3 to get to sleep and that's not good"

Carla Lake (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Three nights in a row, with no benefit whatsoever. It's as if I'd taken a placebo -- laid in bed for over two hours with no drowsiness at all. By the third night, I was angry and anxiety-filled (not sure if it was a side effect or if I was just fed up with trying something that didn't work)."

e-ticket August 11, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I took 2mg for 7 weeks. At first, the after taste was the only adverse side effect although in retrospect within a couple of weeks I started having a dry cough. By the end of the 1st month I thought I had either a cold or an allergic reaction to something. Went to my doctor and the possible side effects of the was not even brought up. I am coughing a lot and bringing up clear mucus. I often felt like my throat is closing up and it reminded me of strep with how sore my throat was. Last night, completely frustrated I googled sore throat, cough and lunesta and found many other people had similar symptoms. At first Lunesta worked fine but gradually I slept less and the side effects were (are) horrible. I'm wide awake tonight!"

SleepyNot (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Helped a lot the first night. Somewhat effective the second night. Awake writing this note the third night. There is a slight hangover but that is manageable."

Magpvny August 5, 2016