User Reviews for Eszopiclone

6.1

Summary of Eszopiclone reviews 6.1 290 reviews

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Mo · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

For Insomnia: "This is my second attempt at Lunesta. Just like the 1st time there has been no impact whatsoever. If you have severe insomnia for years with anxiety this may not be the drug for you!"

Awake guy · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "My first night on Lunesta. I am on 2MG. I took the pill at 9:30pm. It’s had no affect on me. It now 12:40 am & I'm up watching TV. I did go to bed for 2 hours in a cool dark room. I never got sleepy"

DD · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Slept two hours woke up with anxiety and wide awake this stuff is garbage"

Steve · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2019

For Insomnia: "Took Eszopiclone for a few weeks. It was certainly effective for insomnia. I was out like a light within 30 mins. But coming off them wasn't easy as they work similar to benzodiazepines. I was only on Eszopiclone 2 weeks but had terrible rebound insomnia when my script ran out. Took hours to fall asleep or not at all, on the nights I did manage to get to sleep quick I was waking up every hour, very annoying. It took 2 months to get a full night's sleep without waking up. From what I hear it's best to take this medication only 2 or maximum 3 nights a week to avoid the rebound insomnia. So just tread carefully with this med. Good luck with your treatment as I know from personal experience that chronic insomnia is just awful & anything that will put me to sleep can be very tempting."

Sleepy · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Lunesta helps me relax prior to bed. I've been taking it for 4 weeks and now I want to stop. I was recently diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea and it doesn't matter which pill I take.....it won't lead to restful sleep with sleep apnea. I now have CPAP and want to try sleeping without drugs. I'm nervous about withdrawal symptoms."

nuke · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2019

For Insomnia: "eszopiclone was fantastic and works wonders for my summer time insomnia from bipolar 2. Tried Ambien but it did not make me tired and just made me crazy and do stupid things. Lunesta works the way I want it to work and it's great as long as the directions are followed. Take it a long time after dinner as it has problems with fats in foods. I have found a light snack is okay and will not effect it or not so much. It works differently instead of making you drowsy and drugged it relaxes you immensely. Once this feel starts to appear go lay down close your eyes and just do some simple breathing techniques to aid the relaxation a boom great night's sleep. Only grogginess I ever had is from being on too high a dose so asked for the step down. The taste is my only con but in the morning I found orange juice or other fairly strong citrus fruits till cover the taste until it goes away which for me is 3-4 hours after waking. It's a small price to pay to keep get me to sleep and keep me there to avoid manic episodes."

Anonymous June 3, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I hated it don’t take it!!!"

Carlitos May 25, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "This pill is the best ever to help sleep, not druggy feeling, no tired feeling when you wake up. I am 64 year old and I been looking for a pill for many the doesn’t leave me tired or give me anxiety effects, Carlitos"

Sirius May 9, 2019

For Insomnia: "I've been diagnosed with severe chronic insomnia and anxiety for the last 8 years and while it takes a lot to make me sleep in terms of drugs (usually more than the average Joe), this drug did the job for me for a year and a half. For me, the POSITIVE were: -Fell asleep fast if taken an hour before bed -Wake up refreshed, no hangover feeling -Helped me stay asleep all thru the night The NEGATIVE were: -Bad aftertaste, numbness of the tongue, bad breath, metallic taste that lasted 24/7, coated tongue, pain on both sides of the tongue, gums and teeth became very sensitive. -Must be taken on empty stomach otherwise it won't work so forget about snacking at night -Addictive and when I got off it I got severe panic attack -Some memory loss nothing severe -Body gets used to it so after a while you need a higher dose -Slower liver It's a great drug to treat short term sleeping problems but if you suffer like I do of severe insomnia, it might not be the best of choices"

Light sleeper · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 17, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "To those that get the bad taste. My doc recommended putting water in mouth without swallowing and insert the pill then swallow. Don’t allow the pill to touch your mouth and you won’t get the horrible taste."

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have insomnia and this medicine did nothing for me. I do healthy nightly routines & everything on top of that."

Lcs6711 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 12, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Ambien is better. Have to take too much Lunesta just to get to sleep and then only sleep in two hour stretches. Doesn't seem to have same calming properties as Ambien"

Jennilen · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2019

For Insomnia: "I take this medication on a regular basis and have had the Teva brand twice with issues of it not working. I cannot sleep at all without sleep meds so I definitely notice the difference in the manufacturers. Teva eszopiclone is the only brand I have noticed that doesn't work. I hope this helps someone else. I just tell the pharmacy I do not want this brand."

chicagopd · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "In 2013 my PCP prescribed this for me for insomnia. At that time I would fall asleep quickly by 10-11:00 pm but awaken by 3-4:00 am & could not go back to sleep. The first night I took this med, I slept quite well. I opened my eyes and the bedroom was upside down. I was so scared. I rubbed my eyes, room went right side up allowing me to go to the bathroom. As I sit on the toilet with my eyes closed then open them up, bathroom went upside down. I was freaking out. I repeated the eye rubbing process & everything went normal again. I was groggy the whole day & night. I was prescribed 5 mg. The next evening I cut the pill in half and I was fine the next morning but the grogginess continued. I couldn’t even drive my car for 2-3 days. I continue to have sleep problems of a different nature but fearful to try it again. Melatonin 3, 5, 7 mg works for 1-2 days then it’s no longer effective."

Laurie · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I took the generic form of Lunesta- eszopiclone as the Lunesta brand is so expensive that you could pay your entire rent with only two bottles. The generic stuff works okay, but it leaves the most annoying, awful metallic taste in your mouth for the entire duration, the moment it hits you bloodstream."

SleeplessHead · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 24, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "LUNESTA WORKS. My daily sleeping pill is 25mg hydroxyzine by TEVA. It no longer puts me to sleep by itself, and sometimes I still am wide awake for hours, or even days. I call those emergency situations. I take a Lunesta 1mg for those situations, and at least half the time it sends me to sleep. My prescription was from a year ago and I still have half a bottle left. Everyone needs options and thankfully Lunesta works for me."

Patrick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 16, 2019

For Insomnia: "I'm in the UK and we use Zopiclone rather than Eszopiclone/Lunesta but it's pretty much the same drug formulation. I have found that it works best every other night instead of every night as most people will eventually build a tolerance to the sedative effect. So anyway after taking Zopiclone I read for a while and usually feel the effects around 20 mins later - a strong feeling of relaxation gradually comes over me but not too much confusion. Then I put my book down and after that I'm usually asleep in 10 mins and feel refreshed the next day. I "only" give it a 9 rating because of the strange metallic taste the next day but it's a small price to pay for some sleep."

Uglo March 16, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I took Lunesta for the first time and it was great, it put me to sleep within few minutes and I slept the entire night. Woke up fresh and well rested, like I haven’t been before. People are talking about bad taste, I haven’t experienced any, maybe a little dry mouth, but glass of water fixed it. I will stick to this pill for a while now."

Scotty · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Prescribed 2mg of the generic. Took it one night (two nights ago) and it did not help. Felt hungover the next day, with a cough and clear mucous and horrible nausea and diarrhea. Not worth it for me."

Grateful · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 18, 2019

For Insomnia: "I am very surprised to see so many negative Reviews, my experience has been so positive with Lunesta. I’m menopausal and was miserable with a few hours of sleep a night. I’ve been on Lunesta for a year. It has saved me from migraines and being moody and irrational behavior in the day time. I get a full Eight hours with no side affects I wake rested and no migraines any more. I tried other sleep meds and this is the one that works for me. My insomnia was so bad I thought I was going crazy. I’m grateful for my clear head the next day."

Insomniac December 3, 2018

For Insomnia: "I received a saliva gene test that determined lunesta would absorb in my system. Well that was a joke. I would literally lay there for hours completely relaxed with my eyes shut telling myself, its going to work, its going to work. Well the highest dose still didn't do a thing. Dr arguing with me that it's my vyvanse. Well no because I don't take that on my days off of work. Then I tried it on empty stomach that didn't work. I had to take xanax with it. So I got a couple hours but then was wide awake. My anxiety got a lot worse too but that may be because she switched my antidepressant too."

Nana · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "I started the generic on Tuesday. I took it at 8 pm. I felt like I was waking up every 15 minutes. Wednesday night I slept 8 hours. I was exhausted. Last night I slept 4 hours total. I was up at 230 AM ready to deep clean my entire house!"

bity · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "Had been taking lunesta 3mg for about 5 months. Caused a gradual memory loss, aggressive behavior and ended up diagnosed with a mental disorder and spent 10 days in a behavioral, mental hospital. Very traumatizing experience. Can only remember bits and pieces from this time."

Lunerzzz · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I thought it was awesome at first. Put me right to sleep, but woke up after 6 hrs completely wide awake. By 4pm I am exhausted because 6 hours isn't enough. I only sleep 6 hrs every night with this (usually I sleep 10 but not very good quality). It is probably useful simply to reset my bed time to 10pm rather than 1am, but it doesn't help with overall sleep."

Steve · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 14, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Best sleeping pill I've ever taken. Doesn't knock you head over heels like Ambien. Works more like your actual sleep cycle. Keeps me asleep for a long time too. Thank you lunesta."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)