User Reviews for Eszopiclone

Also known as: Lunesta

Insomnia 5.8

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Marie July 18, 2020

For Insomnia: “I am peri menopausal and have had a horrible time with anxiety and insomnia. A lack of sleep will make you feel crazy! I had a gene test done that said Lunesta would work well for me. WRONG! It made me fall asleep but I would either wake up around 3-4 am and couldn’t go back to sleep or have restless sleep with terrible dreams. Unfortunately it caused these side effects: profuse sweating, neck pain, migraines, heart palpitations, increased anxiety, gastrointestinal issues and severe nausea and dizziness. Obviously this is not the medication for me so back to the drawing board.”

Moon June 17, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I never been sleeping well, I used to take clotiazepam (Clozan) to sleep and it was ok, only took it when it was needed, sometimes didn't do anything and had a good minty flavor, a new psychiatrist change it to Lunesta and I took it yesterday, I was in bed it didn't do anything at first and then I almost threw it up, that's when the worst started it had an horrible taste in my mouth, I got up scared and talked very off things to my family (that's what they say), I started panicking over the fact I was losing control over my body I tried quickly to google what was happening to me but I couldn't understand a word and I heard something like voices and weird music, went to the bathroom to brush my teeth twice but the taste never went away, all of these events are very blurry and I had a weird dream (I felt like I was still awake more than 3 times) and nightmares so i didn't sleep well either, I don't even wanna take it again to see if adjusts well to me.”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Worthless drug for my Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. Only thing Lunesta does it make my muscles twitch on opposite sides of the body, dry mouth and a horrible taste. Leaves me feeling very panicked like I’m afraid to lose consciousness. What a disappointment.”

NeverLift June 7, 2020

For Insomnia: “Been using eszopiclone for decades, since before it went generic. Procedure: Split it (evenly -- use a tablet splitter, not by hand), take 1/2 3mg tablet at bedtime, the other when I awake part through the night to urinate. (Drinking a lot of water to stave off spasms and cramps in hands, feet, calves. 82 yo.) Works just fine. Pharmacy ran out of the little blue tablet version at last refill, other seems to be stronger, sleeping too much! BTW: Because it is on the DEA list, cannot get it from my reliable Canadian pharmacy that I've used for decades, get only Health Canada approved meds, no direct-from-India versions. Shame; 3 month supply there at full Canadian price is lower in price than one month's copay here!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Around 1am I decided I would probably not sleep well tonight, so I figured I would try the 3mg lunesta I was prescribed yesterday. So far it has done nothing but leave me somewhat anxious, stiffen my muscles, as well as leave a terrible taste in my mouth, made worse with every breath. It costs too much money for it to not work...”

notmyrealname · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2020

For Insomnia: “Eszopiclone is a great drug for sleeping. Much better than benzodiazepines.”

ChronicInsomniac · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have had massive insomnia since the age of 4, and have tried every OTC and non drug sleep strategy I could get my hands on. Doctor recently started me on this eszopiclone and WOW. I take 7.5mg, and about half an hour after I take it the metallic taste pops up. I pass out sometime between 15 to 30 minutes later and get a full 10 hours of sleep. No sleepiness or other adverse effects the next morning.”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “3 mg. Wide awake. The pharmacist warned me to be sure to be in bed when I took it. I was. 40 minutes later, I got up to do other things. Other than the awful taste in my mouth I felt nothing.”

Batman · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have taken so many medications including SSRI'S, BENZODIAZEPINES, etc. I couldn't sleep because of severe anxiety. I tried Lunesta for the first time last night. I wish my doctors had started me on this medication before they tried every mental repair medication on the market. I couldn't sleep because of my anxiety. I have noticed that since I took the Lunesta last night and actually slept without my normal 1 to 2 hour wake up cycle, I was refreshed this morning. Actually, my problems haven't gone away or changed, but after my first full night of sleep in years, my problems don't seem as bad. My tired mind magnified any little issues I had. I have taken xanax for anxiety in the past when all I really needed was good, sound interrupted sleep. Good night BENZODIAZEPINES and SSRI'S. If you sleep sound at night, the next day isn't really that bad.”

ritt February 21, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “lunesta is the only drug that works. Generics... tried them all fail. Only Lunesta the brand name does. At $521 dollars a month, I am about to give it up.”

Pamby · Taken for 10 years or more February 13, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been taking this Lunesta for about ten years. The only reason I stay on it is because to go off of it is pretty ugly. It gives me two hours sleep - that's it. But if I go off, I'll get nothing. I take one 3 mg at bedtime, wake up in two hours, then take another 3 mg tablet with 1 mg clonazepam and that works moderately well most of the time. I am not impaired in the morning and have zero side effects unless I quit. I metabolize things very quickly, I know this. There has to be a better way. Also, don't use your insurance! It costs $300 month with insurance, and without it costs about $40.”

Bright · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I am a senior so I paid one hundred dollars for a one month supply of lunesta, doctor gave me 1 mg. The first night I was awake all night. Waited a couple days, tried again and I was awake all night again. I used 3 mg of melatonin with Gabapentin that Schiff used to make, Costco sold it they no longer make. It worked really well for me for several years. I recently had a widowmaker heart attack and need sleep. I am out of options despite a rigid sleep schedule. My mother brother and son have same issues. Help .”

Lucky me · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “After taking 2mg Lunesta for a year it is still effective for me. To be sure I do not become acclimated I take it no more than 3x a week. Without it I max at 4 hours sleep, with it over 6 hours. I have no hangover or metallic taste in the morning.”

Jarbles · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Just one more random drug my psychiatrist threw out there to try to get me to sleep to prevent hypomanic episodes. It was worse than zolpidem that at least gave me two amazing nights of sleep before it pooped out and left me with headaches all night. On Lunesta, I didn’t even get an hours sleep. It was like taking an unrestful nap that couldn’t quit get deep enough to get rem sleep. The only upside is that it didn’t make me groggy when I stayed up all night cleaning, reading, making music, etc”

Petwriter January 29, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have severe clinical depression and stupidly went off my Prozac for about four months. Then, one day, I totally crashed and was crying all the time and didn't sleep for four days. I had been given trazodone for anxiety/sleep which did nothing. I went to my psychiatrist and he gave me 3 mg of Lunesta. I took it the first night, no sleep at all. I was so desperate for sleep that the next night I took two. Had a solid and restoring 10 hours of sleep. I don't experience any metallic taste. I see they are trying to reduce the actual dosage from 3 to 1, but that is only because it makes you feel impaired the next day. I work at home and don't drive much so for me that isn't an issue. I have used Ambien in the past but it gets so much bad press that I stopped taking it. All I can say is thank you to the makers of Lunesta and Prozac. I am also on Wellbutrin so thanks to them as well.”

Cole · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've been taking it the past week for insomnia and I've taken 1mg, 3mg, and recently 5mg. None of the have remotely made me tired at all.”

FXAZ · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Tonight was my first time using Lunesta so I had great hopes. I was on Ambien for many years so it started becoming harder and harder to fall asleep. I took Lunesta at 10:49 woke up at 12:49. With this awful taste in my mouth. I thought I may have laid down too fast trying to get off to dream land yet here I sit typing this review. While my husband snores away. Sighs”

D · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

For Insomnia: “Second night on my Eszopiclone 2 mg medicine for my insomnia, and its not working at all. Not to mention the horrible strong bitter taste it left.”

TK · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2020

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been taking Lunesta for 4 weeks. I does not do anything for me.”

I don’t sleep January 4, 2020

For Insomnia: “Bottom line: If you use Lunesta, pay for the brand. If you can’t then look for another alternative as this will be a frustrating process that will not help you sleep. I’ve noticed a significant problem w/ generic Lunesta. I had no problems with the brand. This is in no way “identical” to the brand. Even the metallic taste is different. Effectiveness: I would normally take 1mg - 2mg of Lunesta and that is effective in getting me to sleep. I’ve had sleeping issues for a variety of reasons including hormonal and anxiety so I would use Lunesta for 1-3 nights to get my sleeping patten back on track. I take it 1-3 nights a week max. Lately, it hasn’t been working so last night, after many nights of no sleep, I took 4 mg. I’ve never taken that much. It made me feel drowsy but did NOT put me to sleep or keep me asleep. Not to mention the night eating I’ve been experiencing. It’s time to find something else.”

Jes · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Took for chronic insomnia. Miracle drug day one, next day maxed out with no relief, next day after that a tiny relief, etc. Very inconsistent relief and didn't like the bitter taste the next day. ”

Kenrosecar · Taken for 10 years or more December 18, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Now taking 3mg of Lunesta for over 13 years, it no longer works for continued sleep ,I awake 4 Hours after and am sleepy all day even with Adderall and Nuvigal, having Traumatic Brain Injury I need to have a good night sleep but haven't for 3 years now so its time for a change.”

LadySteph · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 18, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Been on 2mg Lunesta on and off for 3 yrs and it’s mostly effective. Once in a while it does nothing but as long as I take it on an empty stomach it works well. Before and during my period is when it’s less effective. Had insomnia for 15 yrs and finally at 37years old, drs will treat me with real sleep meds (Not crappy Unisom or trazedone) Ambien is scary- put me in a hypnotic-awake state! Ambien CR was my fave but Lunesta generic is cheaper. No probs with metallic taste idk what people are talking about. Just take it at least 3 hrs after dinner, get into bed with complete darkness and maybe some sleep podcasts and you’ll be in dreamland soon...”

Rella · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Okay my anxiety has been really high. Was taking ambien but was not working like it use to so was presxribed lunesta. No sedating effect at all. After 5 hours and meditation tapes I think I may have slept one hour”

Slugger9 · Taken for 10 years or more December 4, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been taking Lunesta for over 12+ yrs now, every night, never missed a night. I never took more than my prescribed dose either. I was taking a 3mg does up until 4 months ago when I asked my dr to wean me off of it, starting with a lower dose. I have been taking 2mg for 4 months. 4 nights ago I just stopped taking it....Its no big deal to many, but it's a huge deal for me. The drug has not worked for me for years now. I have not had the metallic taste in mouth for 10 yrs I'm thinking, but I do remember it. Picture definition of an addict. I have been taking absolutely nothing before bed these last 4 nights. I have slept fairly well the last 2 nights. First couple nights, once I fell asleep, I woke up every 2 hrs or so...My attitude now is so what if I wake up or fall asleep later. At least I'm not controlled by a tiny blue pill! I weighed 195 when I started taking lunesta, 35 yrs old, 6'1". Now I'm 48 and weigh 245. Hopefully I'll lose some lbs in coming months.”