User Reviews for Eszopiclone

Insomnia
6.2

Summary of Eszopiclone reviews 6.2 261 reviews

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I've been off and on lunesta for about 7 years, tried about 5 other prescribed sleep meds and all kinds of natural & otc meds.. lunesta remains supreme! It DOES lose effectiveness quickly, worse than any other in my experience, this is why I keep trying others. After a month or 2 I'm forced to alternate off. It DOES leave a odd taste in your mouth but somehow the taste tends to help relax me. If you take this within 3 hours of eating don't bother..it's not designed to metabolize with food and it won't help you! Take on empty stomach and it goes to work quickly. I love lunesta!"

KennyBoy (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "My adult son took Lunesta for insomnia. One year ago today, he took his medication as indicated and then 2 hours later, began sleep walking, tried to light a candle; and caught himself on fire. He was burned over 55% of his body. He is now missing most of his left hand, has limited use of his left arm and is permanently disabled. Our biggest caution to everyone was he had no reaction to being on fire. He never said a word and we did not find him until the fire alarms went off. Although we knew there was a risk of sleep walking we never expected the inability to react at all."

AMC's Mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "So far have been taking for a month. I started at 1 mg. with little effect and am currently taking 2 mg. It's about 60% effective if measured in a ten day period. I'd take some sleep over none as I've dealt with insomnia my whole life."

NotRipVanWinkle September 8, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I absolutely love lunesta! I take 1.5mg about an hour before bed. My mind goes right into sleep zone as soon as I lay down. I slept 8 hours last night, after being awake for 36 hours. It does taste disgusting, but luckily it only last a few minutes. I tried Ambien and it works great as well, but gave me migraines the next day. I do feel it was a bit stronger and the house could cave in around me and I wouldn't wake up. With the lunesta I can wake up if I need to and still be able to fall back asleep."

Sugarmag August 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "The only side effect that I know of is the metallic after taste. Problem is, the med is just not effective. A couple of times, I got a few hours of interrupted light sleep but most of the time, nothing. 3mg at bed time and I lay awake praying that I get some sleep. Nope, not on this worthless pill."

121GW (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have taken Lunesta 3mg tablets for 4 months now, and it works better than Ambien. I get a full night's sleep, and it helps relax my mind."

Gavin F (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have been on Lunesta for about a week. I have gotten the absolute best sleep in this week. I also suffer from chronic pain, but I have not experienced that much pain since taking Lunesta. Not sure how the medication affects the pain, but I am truly grateful to be feeling so much better since I started taking Lunesta. My sleep is extremely peaceful and I feel totally rested once I am up."

Lo Lo (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have been taking Lunesta for about a year along with clonazepam at night. Started with 3 mg then doctor decreased to 2 mg because I suffer from depression also and he thought it might be causing me more depression. as I have to come home from work and sleep for an hour because my brain shuts down. I am still having good days and bad days but I don't think the Ambien is the problem. Still working on solution. But the key has been taking the clonazepam along with Lunesta."

Lulu (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed lunesta after very bad reactions to Ambien. While taking ambien I was told I did the strangest things but I remembered nothing at all about them. (I was told it is called “the sleeping sex” pill.) I am happy with Lunesta. I do not walk in my sleep etc any more, have morning after effects or a bad taste like others do. Perhaps it reacts positively with other meds I take at night but for me it works well (unless I am over stressed or my back hurts more than usual). And that is good enough for me!"

Kpotpar (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 19, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION if you are depressed or more importantly; anxious! It will make your day time anxiety and depression much worse. Don’t even start them and just ride through the night in pain. It’s not worth it"

No way (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Lunesta wasn't for me! My mouth tasted like the national mint! It was terrible. Literally like I put a roll of quarters in my mouth and started sucking away. Don't even get me started on how long it lasted. If I drank anything it made it 10 times worse. That terrible taste was in my mouth for 20+ hours. One pill was enough for me. I'm willing to not sleep if sleep tastes like Lunesta."

Momma416 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "Have been taking Zopiclone for about 2 years. Usually take 3.75 mg when I wake up at 2 or 3 am. Work very well giving me an extra 3 hours of sleep. I take it about 4 times during the week. However, I am experiencing memory issues and other symptoms which may be attributable to the drug. Have also just read a scientific study about hypnotic drugs which is very concerning. The study claims hypnotics cause serious illness and death, including cancer. Look up "Hypnotic drug risks of mortality, infection, depression, and cancer: but lack of benefit""

Neil (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Nasty taste, takes 3 hours to start to have slight effects"

Sara (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I hate Lunesta. I have bad insomnia and this medication made it way worse! It literally makes me not sleep at all! In the last 2 days I've totalled 4 hours of sleep. Took it at 9pm, laid down and 30 mins later eyes wide open both nights gave in at 4 am took some benadryl in hopes of some sleep. Slept 2 hours then bam wide awake. At one point I literally had to stop myself from getting up to mop my entire house lol I guess I'll keep it around if I ever need to pull an all nighter to clean "

Ssquared (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I just moved to the USA from Canada and mollyanne43 I used to take zopiclone. I was on it for 6 yrs it was the best sleep med I've ever used also having a bad after taste but who cares if you get to actually sleep. They put me on lunesta here and the first night was ok I guess I slept about 4 hrs but now going on 6 days later I haven't slept I want to cry cause I have a 4 month old and a 4 year old I so so wish I could get my zopiclone here:( not happy with lunesta"

Corylynn April 19, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Been on Nelsons, trazadone, dioxipin, sonata ,ramelton and ambien etc. Lunesta is by far has been the best and really works for me. Other than the fact pill tastes horrible it's been a lifesaver. Zero side effects but try not to take after a big meal. No next day side effects like sleepwalking etc.That Ambien is dangerous stuff! So far no similar Ambien side effect. Much safer in my opinion."

Elm (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Just got off my Ambien due to the facts I was talking to myself and I would wake up with food all over me, even had sex with out remembering. And brain was like erased the next morning. Now I take lunesta for 2 months along with doxepin . Doxepin helps you stay asleep the lunesta just to help me doze off. And as for that bad taste u can scrap it off or simple wrap a single piece of tissue around it and swallow and wala no more bad taste Hope it helped but get the doxepin and you will sleep all night and not be tired"

ACE (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Love LUNESTA: for me there is a huge difference between Lunesta and generic eszopiclone. With Lunesta I always went to sleep with in 10 minutes, stayed asleep and woke refreshed and clear headed. Eszopiclone the generic, gave me migraines 2 hours after taking it, nausea and insomnia. Now my insurance has stopped paying for Lunesta, they will only pay for eszopiclone and it is so horrible!! Lunesta now costs $450 out of pocket."

Tami (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "3mg doesn't do much to keep me asleep."

Dave March 26, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "This is the second time I tried lunesta. Once years ago. I couldn't remember if it helped out not, I did remember the bad taste. This time I was very hestitant to try it, again. Wish I would've listened to my instincts!!! Within 10 minutes of taking it I could taste the bitter metal grossness even when I would breath! I wanted to vomit. I'll go back to Ambien. "

Crabby nosleeper March 22, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Works okay... First couple of nights no sleep really, then it kinda started working. But it leaves an awful metallic taste in the mouth well into the next day. So I switched to temazepam 30 mg which was a complete no go... Completely useless. Just laid in bed like a tree full of owls. Finally my doc put me on ambien, which works like a charm, thank heavens."

Gypsy.Rose.Lee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "I take 3mg for insomnia and it works fairly well, I am usually able to get to sleep about 45 minutes after taking it and I don't feel groggy in the morning if I get more than six hours of sleep. My only complaint is that like other z-drugs, a tolerance develops VERY quickly (3 days for me) and once the tolerance is there the only way to get rid of it is to stop taking it, which brings back the insomnia I have. Although, once I haven't taken it for two or three days I am able to take it again and it will work fairly well, although sometimes I need to take two to get a good effect from it. It is a bit less effective at getting to sleep than ambien in my opinion, but it is more effective by far at helping me stay asleep. I had some major dependence issues with ambien and I don't find eszopiclone nearly as addictive or habit forming."

kfh191 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: ""STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS MEDICATION!!!! It is a joke, I cant even go into details on how much I HATE this medication. If you have sleep problems do not take this! It causes the complete opposite effect. Horrible side effects.""

Collin11 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've noticed a lot of these reviews basically trash the drug yet give a score of 6 or more (come on, people!) so the high average score may be deceptive. The consensus seems to be that the negatives far outweigh the benefits for this drug. I have had sleep maintenance insomnia anxiety for years, started out being caused by occasional excessive alcohol drinking, gradually became chronic and alcohol-independent. At various times tried melatonin, valerian, diphenhydramine, kava, lorazepam, trazodone, zolpidem, eszopiclone, & CPAP (breathing machine) with mixed results. Trazodone (25-50 mg) & eszopiclone (3 mg) gave me bad mood disturbances after 2-3 days, done with them. Melatonin (5 mg) also does this but not as bad. Lorazepam (0.5 mg) works great but is a benzo so can only use sparingly. CPAP improves my sleep quality and feeling of well-being but so far (>2 months) hasn't much impacted unwanted awakening (and using CPAP is a nuisance!). Hope this helps; good luck to all."

PoorSleeper (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "For reference, my type of insomnia is sleep maintenance - I can fall asleep, but I can't stay asleep. I was prescribed Lunesta after 1 year with Trazodone. I was on 100mg of Trazodone, but it was starting to become less effective, so I decided to try something else and maybe give myself a break. My doctor said that Lunesta is supposed to be better for sleep maintenance insomnia than Ambien. I had been off Trazodone for 5 nights before I took Lunesta. I was prescribed 3mg of Lunesta; for the first night, it worked okay. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th night, I had a hard time falling asleep, and then I woke up at about 4-4:30 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. The 5th night, I woke up at 2:30 AM, and couldn't fall back asleep. The 6th night I woke up at 2 AM and couldn't fall back asleep. The 7th night, I was awake almost the whole night. Additional note; I do notice the weird taste in my mouth the next day while on this medication. The taste is amplified by drinking water."

Error505SleepNotFound (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2018