User Reviews for Eszopiclone

Also known as: Lunesta

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Eszopiclone.

Insomnia
6.3

Summary of Eszopiclone reviews 6.3 233 reviews

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have been dealing with major insomnia for the past 2 mths. and, after trying other sleep meds (which didn't work), was prescribed 1mg of Lunesta before bed. It took about an hour to put me to sleep. I got about 5 disturbed hours of sleep. I tossed and turned all night and woke up feeling like I'd had 1 hr of sleep. Then the bad part came: the morning. I woke up super drowsy, had intense anxiety, OCD, tremors, chest and nasal congestion, stomach upset and shortness of breath. I was also super emotional and cried uncontrollably all day. These symptoms lasted all day. All that, so that I can get basically no sleep on this pill?! Needless to say, I will never take this pill again! The side effects are worse than anything I've experienced!"

HealthSeeker1 November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've had lifelong insomnia. My dad will tell you stories about all the nights he sat up rocking me because I didn't sleep. I've tried every over the counter remedy from melatonin, to valerian root, to sleepy time tea, to benedryl, to calms forte... nothing works for longer than 3 days at most, and it still takes hours to fall asleep. I've tried prescription sleep aids, and Lunesta has been by far the most useless of them all. It doesn't make me even a little bit sleepy. It does, however, leave the most foul taste in my mouth. It tastes like I've been sucking on an old penny and chewing the white part of a grapefruit peel. And it doesn't go away with brushing or mouthwash, it's just in your saliva forever."

Eevvee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Tried the generic version after a few rotations of Ambien. The only thing I disliked about Ambien was the weird loopiness I'd get. Read over some journal entries I wrote on Ambien and it definitely freaked me out. I didn't notice a weird metallic taste when I took Lunesta. The sleepiness also didn't hit me as hard as with Ambien, but it definitely peaked after about an hour and I knew it was time for bed. Woke up fine, no headache and no weird journaling. So all in all a good experience and will likely ask for this instead of Ambien in the future."

Jigglypuff33 November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "After heart surgery in 2014 I went from having normal sleep to insomnia and vivid dreams. After 10 months I medications and dietary supplements. I have recently tried Lunesta and I have found that I only get 2-3 hours sleep on Lunesta and I do have that taste in my mouth went to a doctor. We have been trying different the next day. Ambien works great but it is a wicked medication to take for very long. You build up a tolerance to it and the withdrawals, for me, are 2 nights without any sleep. My doctor and I are still working on a treatment and a cure. Medical Marijuana is out of the question for me but has been recommended by my Colorado relatives but I'm not going there."

Wide A. Wake November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "My family doctor prescribed Lunesta as a sleep pill for a month. I take one 3mg tablet and nothing happens as I lay in bed hoping to fall asleep. It is a major disappointment."

Len Bloom November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been on this for 3 days. The taste in my mouth is horrible it's almost a strong metal taste. I thought something was wrong with my bottle of water. One pill does not do anything for me. I took 2 pills last night I had a massive panic attack. I woke up earlier again than I wanted to. Not sure if I should try one and a half or what else to do. Not happy with this med right now."

Chris1201 October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Recently I got married and my insurance changed. The new insurance would not pay for the sleeping medicine I have been on the last two years. They said I had to try Lunesta, Ambien or one other before they would approve it. Last night made one full week that I was on Lunesta. Here are the reasons why I HATE it. 1. My mouth gets dry 2. In the morning my mouth tastes like I've been drinking spoiled milk. 3. I am so very depressed I take anti depressants already 4. I am so exhausted I do not feel like I can function. 5. I do not stay asleep. 6. I feel like the entire world could implode around me and I still would not care. This medicine is by far the worst thing I've ever been on. I wouldn't even recommend this medication to anyone!!!"

Hdavis527 October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed lunesta a few years ago and took it for about 2 months, hated it and got off of it. Last night I was desperate to sleep, and I couldn't remember why I hated it, so I took another one. First of all, this was 17 hrs ago and my mouth still tastes like I sucked the coating off a bunch of ibuprofen. It makes it really hard to drink water because it exaggerates the taste. Secondly, it makes me feel hungover and oppressively tired all day. Third, it let's me sleep only 6 or 7 hours despite feeling like I could sleep all day when I wake up. Is it the worst? No. It does work to that extent but the side effects are, if not medically serious, pretty annoying and uncomfortable."

Rainieev October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Genuinely hate this medicine! The side effects of dry mouth and a terrible taste (even though pills are coated) make it impossible not to drink extra water. Drinking extra water caused me to wake to pee in the middle of the night every night. One night I was so groggy & out of it - feeling really drugged - I fell and hit my head, shoulder & elbow. In the week I took Lunesta, I never got more than 4-5 hours sleep & each night to use the bathroom. My sleep tracker showed little REM. Dry mouth was constant day & night. I never woke refreshed once & always felt like I had a residual “hangover” of a drugged feeling in the AM. I took Lunesta because Ambien seemed to stop working for me. I took it years ago & couldn’t remember why I disliked it."

Dallasmom2017 October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I've suffered with insomnia for many years and was on Ambien, but I built up a tolerance over the years, so my doctor switched me to Lunesta. Lunesta allowed me to sleep for only about two hours. Tried it for four nights with no better results."

Meathead41 October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "This drug is horrible. I was given this drug because I wasn't sleeping more the 2 hours a night. I took it for 4 nights, and it made the sleep problems worse. On the forth day it started messing with my head. I stop taking it . I went on the Lunesta message board and found a lot of other people who had the same reaction. Some people even had worse problems with this drug."

Buz12345 October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I take a class once a week and get back late that night and it takes me a while to fall asleep so my doctor prescribe me lunesta ,the generic it. For the most part it works but it takes a while to kick in. I was originally told to take one, my doctor told me to try to see how that works. When it kicks in I feel like I sleep longer somedays. I only pay 10.00 co pay on this med!"

detour12 October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "It's a good sleep aid."

ZZZMember (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Lunesta vs generic I have taken Lunesta for several years. My mind refuses to turn off at night and I typically would only sleep three hours or so. Lunesta worked great! I fell asleep fairly soon after I took it then woke up at 6am without drowsiness. This generic however, does absolutely nothing! My mind races all night long. I spoke with pharmacist about this being a placebo. He said that all generic companies are reputable. Insurance will not cover Lunesta without a reason. Fortunately, now I have one. This drug (RDY eszopiclone) should be analysed by the FDA."

Emmy57 September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Did not work at 2mg. Cut another pill in half still not working"

Sejjagk September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Just took my first pill at 3:15 am, I stay up pretty late and with in 5 minute I got the most awful taste in my mouth! Will add more after l sleep, if I sleep."

Que Hughes (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "It did absolutely nothing for me. Nothing. I even took two.. Saw the whole night awake."

stueydog September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have had insomnia, sometimes quite severe (couldn't sleep for 3-4 days, which is severe) and had been successfully taking 10mg of Ambien for the past 5 years, along with melatonin 5mg. Then it stopped working. I'd wake up after 2 hours of non-restful sleep. My Dr and I decided taking a vacation from Ambien might be helpful. I had tried lunesta first, before Ambien, years ago...and dreaded the awful taste. But hey, I have to sleep. The first weeks surprised me. I didn't get dazed or feel weird before falling asleep, like with Ambien. I just slept The downside is I wake achy and stay groggy, sleeping LONGER than I planned...so it is hard to get "up and at it." I'll take the sleep, though. Adding melatonin help"

Orangekorange August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been taking Lunesta for awhile now. It's been the only medicine that has helped my chronic insomnia. When the generic came out you can tell there's a difference but it's still the best medicine to help me sleep."

ldyintn (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I've been on Ambien for 5 years 12.5 mg extended release,I started having bad side effects. Example i would only sleep till about 2am,I would have no memory of anything I said or did during the night. Migraine headaches the next morning like clock work. Then what did it for me I got between the wheel which id never do&have no clue how I got where I was. I was pulled over by a state trooper who checked me out&had paramedics examine me. My vitals were ok within normal range he called my husband to come&get me. Cuz I was so disoriented I have not much memory of any of this. Very dangerous long story short I now take lunesta works like a charm,it doesn't affect me like Ambien a mind altering drug with amnesia."

Stella2017 August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "In three short weeks this drug wrecked my body. I got a skin rash that got infected within 10 days. First I thought, okay, this is weird. I didn't connect it to the Lunesta... but it was all downhill from there. Brain fog, memory problems, getting lost while driving, etc. Then my whole digestion system crashed. I'm talking severe pain in my stomach, constant nausea, no appetite, and constipation that would not move without a laxative. Then my body launched adrenaline to fight back. I started switching from fatigue to adrenaline, back and forth. After one ER visit and numerous urgent care trips, I realised it all started with the Lunesta. Buyer beware."

VB Girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I've been on Lunesta now for approximately 8 years. I take the 3 mg does at this point and usually take it every other night. The few nights that I can't fall asleep within 30 minutes or so, I'll take 1 pill and normally I can fall asleep within the next half hour for about 6 hours. When I do fall asleep at bedtime without taking a Lunesta, I'll usually wake up at 2 or 3 and can't fall back to sleep. Taking a Lunesta at that point will give me the additional 3-5 hours more of sleep. After taking it for so many years, I don't even notice any metallic taste . I usually do not wake up feeling groggy or tired. Works great even though I'm concerned about long term unknown health issues. Don't want to grow two heads.."

Klatu (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I've taken Ambien more than 10yrs ago had a scary reaction, I've also taken OTC Sleep Aids including Benadryl is a complete waste sometimes with Benadryl I'd end up waking up in middle of night having to take more & so on! LUNESTA IS THE ONLY THING THAT EVER WORKED FOR ME. I'd take it 30 mins before bed but my husband would literally have to pick me up off couch and put me in bed because it worked faster than 30 mins I'd wake up feeling fabulous...I also can tell you when I was pregnant in my last trimester they gave me 5mg of Ambien bc they didn't know much about Lunestas effects during pregnancy...so I took half of 5mg didn't work took entire 5mg didn't work! LOVE LUNESTA!"

AMHNLM (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Started Lunesta after a failed try at Trazadone and Prazosin and some other kinds. I've been taking lunesta as needed for the past year. I'm currently on Adderall and come off it here and there to make sure I can still function without it. So when I go back to taking my adderall, sleep isn't an option. With the lunesta, it shuts my brain off and sleep the whole night. Yes, I have slight metal taste but I fall asleep before I actually notice it. I honestly wake not groggy at all, that's why I love it. But yes, I gotta be careful and not get hooked on taking this stuff and have an dependence."

LaraWit July 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "For those having problems with generic Lunesta not working, I have found that the MacLeod manufacturer works well, but definitely NOT the Dr Reddy's and the Mylan manufacturer--stay away from those"

inibikita (taken for 10 years or more) July 21, 2017