User Reviews for Eszopiclone

Also known as: Lunesta

Learn more about Eszopiclone.

Insomnia 196 reviews 107 medications

6.5
Summary of Eszopiclone reviews 196 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Eszopiclone

For Insomnia: "I started this medication last night not effective I fell asleep for a half hour then wide awake nasty taste in my mouth feel like crap all day and depression I'll try it one more night if it does not work tonight I'm definitely going to stop taking it and try something else I have severe insomnia I was on Ambien for 2 years build up a tolerance so I'm trying others."

Anonymous35 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I found Lunesta effective if I didn't eat anything for about 3 hours before taking it. Ambien scared the crap out of me. I had a seizure because I ran out. Don't get hooked on Ambien it's terrifying."

dapperdog (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I was taking Ambien 12mg, which in my opinion is the best sleeping pill on the market right now. I heard about Lunesta and I decided to give a try. My Doctor prescribe the 2mg. Hours passed by and I'm still waiting for it to kick in. Nothing. I made a huge mistake by changing from Ambient for Lunesta. Now I have to wait for a month to go back to Ambient. If you're thinking of switching or trying Lunesta. Don't even bother. I guarantee you Ambient is the best option"

Jdgim9 April 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Worked well at first, but then stopped working, I have to take 5mg melatonin every night, 6mg prazosin (for PTSD nightmares), and 50mg of benadryl now for it to promote sleep onset successfully. I feel my body wakes up around 6am, (depending on the time I take it mostly). I don't know if it's my body becoming completely dependent on Lunesta to sleep, or taking my Prazosin lasting only about 6 hours causes my blood pressure to rise when it wears off making me wake up, or if I have back issues making me awake after it wears off. I think since I have delayed sleep phase disorder, my body has become too accustomed to the medicine to remain asleep due to the long duration of action, in comparison to the short duration of action of ambien."

Mr. Yolo April 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "60 days ; not effective."

jack b nimble April 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "So, I've tried multiple sleeping aids. Temazepam and trazadone gave me headaches. Benedryl, NyQuil, hydroxyzine increased my restless legs. Melatonin was insufficient at max recommended dosage. Ambien was by-far the best at 10mg, but because I'm only 27, the doctor doesn't want to prescribe an addictive medication (her words). So I'm on Lunesta. It has a horrible taste of pennies, but if you put it on the back of your tongue and let it slide down while drinking, it doesn't cause it. But DON'T take a drink and let it swish around, bc it will leave that metallic taste! My insurance doesn't cover mine, but my pharmacy offers a discount card so I pay $30. 1mg is useless, I have to take 3mg to get any sleep, but better than no sleep."

SugarBrookie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I don't have crippling insomnia, but I cycle through rough periods of it. Zopiclone 7.5mg has worked well for me. I fall asleep within half an hour of taking it if I am in bed, lights off. It gives me a good 7 hours of rest most of the time, but I track my sleep quality and sometimes the quality actually isn't that great. I need to be in bed when I take it because if I stay up for more than ~30 mins after taking it, I can't fall asleep. Super frustrating, but avoidable."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed the generic version (blue pill) because I had trouble falling and staying asleep. I would fall asleep in about 30-60 minutes, but only to stay asleep for 2-3 hours! Than, I was wide awake. This also left a horrible, bitter-like taste in my mouth the next day, especially when I drank water or tea. I would not recommend this. Perhaps, the brand name version doesn't have this nasty after taste and lasts longer. But, if your insurance does not cover brand name, I would skip this drug. I would go with Ambien. My Dr prescribed the generic version of Ambien and it works better than generic Lunesta! I fell asleep within 15-20 minutes of taking it and stayed asleep for about 4 hours. Still not enough sleep though..."

Baby Donks March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "This has worked for me . I was on Ambien and it made me sleepwalk, I would find things or food on the kitchen counter and thought someone had broken in to my place, then I was told it was causing sleepwalking. Now the pharmacy told me the manufacture are not making the 3 MG. So I have to get a 2 MG and a 1 MG. And the insurance was giving me a hard time they didn't want to cover it. I told them it was causing me to sleepwalk and if something happen to me,I would hold them Responsible."

Adamina March 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Have been taking Lunesta, 3mg, for over five years getting 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night. The last prescription my provider filled was a generic made by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, believe me it is not the same as Lunesta, I only get about 4 hours of sleep before waking. I recommend that if you have stay away from this brand of generic as it does not have the same effect on your sleep as Lunesta."

novaman (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Eszopiclone by Teva was an awful sleep medication for me - 4 nights of almost no sleep accompanied by a dreadful metallic taste that stays around for 12 hours. As good a sleep aid as Quetiapine was, this drug was dreadful. I'd stay far away from this drug. Perhaps the brand name drug Lunesta is better, but my insurance didn't cover it."

Stevie men January 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "My girlfriend, while under the influence of Lunesta, sat up while dreaming she was bring raped...screaming at the top of her voice uncontrollably. I turned to hold and console her and she bit into my wrist without letting go for about 30 seconds. She was crazy delusional and incoherent. I am totally scared and traumatized by the experience. This is a dangerous drug. I told her to get off Lunesta and learn to sleep 6-8 hours like a normal person by listening to your body and balancing your life."

FrickenAfraid January 3, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "The brand worked wonders for me. Teva generic does absolutely nothing but give me the metallic taste in my mouth times 10 that the name brand did. The generic by Roxane works for me. It still doesn't work as well as the brandname."

lexical (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have been on ambien for years. At one period of time, not living in this country I was prescribed 20 mls a night. Back here in the US I have been put on 12.5 extended release. I usually take 1 and a half to get me to sleep with 2 phenergan. I crave sweet things after taking it. I run out Halfway through the month. I was getting a supply from India of 10mls too for 150 dollars but ran out of those this week. I was given to try Lunesta 3 mls I have been awake for hours after taking the Lunesta plus 2 phenergan and 300 mls of gabapentin. I have been to a sleep Center as well. They wanted to take me off all sleep meds except for Gabapentin and gave me A sleep machine. Totally useless, a lot of money. Ambien for me are way better than anything"

Anonymous December 11, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Started taking Lunesta when I was 15. The brand name works amazingly! Now that insurance doesn't want to cover the brand without a fight,even if they cover I have a 100$ Co pay on it!! I'm stuck with the generic and it's not so great. Definitely doesn't work as well plus the orange generic doesn't work at all, I have to have the blue ones to get any type of sleep."

*d.A. (taken for 10 years or more) December 7, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I used to take one 3mg Lunesta a night before bed. Worked beautiful. Now... nothing. Anyone else experience this?"

Sweetjesusstacy1976 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I started having terrible sleeping issues due to some life events. I saw the commercials on TV about it and talked to my doctor about it. Plus I read it didn't have the crazy side effects of other sleeping pills. It came across as perhaps a lighter sleeping pill. I got a prescription for 3mg and the first night I took it, about 5minutes later I got this terrible taste in my mouth, very bitter. For the ladies, Id describe it as having fingernail polish on and biting your nail, that taste. I grabbed some spearmint candy I had and sucked on one of those and that helped SO much! By the time I finished the 2nd one I was almost out of it and completely asleep. I did that for a week but now I dont even taste it anymore. Been using for 3 years now!"

Dsquared03 December 2, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Had first complete night sleep three days ago. Works without causing hang over next morning."

Susiesq (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I seem to have some leg cramps, bursitis and increased arthritis with this medication. Can't stand more than 10 minutes without leg pain."

Moon & Stars November 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "Take it right before bed. Worked great."

Pam F 51 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "My experience with Lunesta was a bit difficult. The brand name (which I never believed was any different than generic) worked WONDERS for me for years! But after insurance, was $50 per month. You get this lovely (awful) metallic taste in your mouth right before it kicks in, and it stays - so trick is to brush your teeth AND tongue, drink OJ, it'll pass. Then the generic came out (YAY CHEAPER), and ALL I got was the metallic taste. No sleep. If you need sleep and have the $, go brand name and enjoy your slumber! 2mg was the perfect dose for me as 3mg made me a bit drowsy."

JeccaLeigh (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I learned that Lunesta et al works poorly if you've eaten within an hour of taking it. Best on empty stomach or very light snack but absolutely NO fatty foods. Be already in bed, no phone/laptop nearby to disturb you sleep onset. A book or audiobook, but no blue light devices! Take pill with a BIG swig of water & a few more swigs to keep the pill from touching on the way down! Otherwise it's bitter so have some minty gum handy just in case. I take 2 mg, had to make adjustments per above, but now it works great to get me to drop off gently. I still wake up within about four hours, but sometimes I take another half & can sleep a few more hours : )"

JB Moki (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I was taking Ambien 15mg for awhile but my body built a tolerance to it. Over 2 weeks ago my doctor changed my prescription to Lunesta 3mg. I finally got up the nerve to take it after doing all the research. This is the first I have taken and I must say the aftertaste after about 5 minutes of taking it is absolutely HORRIBLE. Even breathing in through my mouth or nose heightens it. It strongly reminds me of how my mouth would taste after taking chemotherapy for cancer. It's causing a horrible flashback for me. This will be the first and last Lunesta I take. You also can't eat or drink anything as it tastes horrible too. I guess I will have to go back to Ambien."

BushBaltimore (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: "I have taken Lunesta 3mg for 4 yrs and haven't had any problems with it. No side effects, no funny tastes, I just pop it in my mouth with a big drink and wala! I take it and in about 30 min I'm asleep and don't wake up until the next morning with no hang over feeling, no headaches or anything. I have tried them all, I used to go for days and days without sleep so when I tried this and it worked it was like a whole new world opened up. This may just work different on some people as I was reading, but in my case IT WORKED!"

ozma58 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I have been taking generic eszopiclone 3mg for several years and haven't had a problem until I the pharmacy changed manufacturers to Orchid. The Orchid pill does not put me to sleep. I have had no problem with Teva manufactured eszopiclone. It works just like it's should. Within 30 mins of taking it, I'm asleep. A year ago I was given Dr Reddys manufactured and it did not put me to sleep either. So far the only generic that works for me is Teva. I have a flag on my account at the pharmacy that I prefer Teva but they apparently ran out of it last week!!? They gave me Orchid and I haven't had a good nights sleep since.It's really crazy to have an approved generic that doesn't work!!"

twcgirl (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 8, 2016