User Reviews for Eszopiclone (Page 5)

Also known as: Lunesta

Insomnia 5.8

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Corylynn April 19, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I just moved to the USA from Canada and mollyanne43 I used to take zopiclone. I was on it for 6 yrs it was the best sleep med I've ever used also having a bad after taste but who cares if you get to actually sleep. They put me on lunesta here and the first night was ok I guess I slept about 4 hrs but now going on 6 days later I haven't slept I want to cry cause I have a 4 month old and a 4 year old I so so wish I could get my zopiclone here:( not happy with lunesta”

Elm · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 12, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Been on Nelsons, trazadone, dioxipin, sonata ,ramelton and ambien etc. Lunesta is by far has been the best and really works for me. Other than the fact pill tastes horrible it's been a lifesaver. Zero side effects but try not to take after a big meal. No next day side effects like sleepwalking etc.That Ambien is dangerous stuff! So far no similar Ambien side effect. Much safer in my opinion.”

ACE · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Just got off my Ambien due to the facts I was talking to myself and I would wake up with food all over me, even had sex with out remembering. And brain was like erased the next morning. Now I take lunesta for 2 months along with doxepin . Doxepin helps you stay asleep the lunesta just to help me doze off. And as for that bad taste u can scrap it off or simple wrap a single piece of tissue around it and swallow and wala no more bad taste Hope it helped but get the doxepin and you will sleep all night and not be tired”

Tami · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 26, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Love LUNESTA: for me there is a huge difference between Lunesta and generic eszopiclone. With Lunesta I always went to sleep with in 10 minutes, stayed asleep and woke refreshed and clear headed. Eszopiclone the generic, gave me migraines 2 hours after taking it, nausea and insomnia. Now my insurance has stopped paying for Lunesta, they will only pay for eszopiclone and it is so horrible!! Lunesta now costs $450 out of pocket.”

Dave March 26, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “3mg doesn't do much to keep me asleep.”

Crabby nosleeper March 22, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “This is the second time I tried lunesta. Once years ago. I couldn't remember if it helped out not, I did remember the bad taste. This time I was very hestitant to try it, again. Wish I would've listened to my instincts!!! Within 10 minutes of taking it I could taste the bitter metal grossness even when I would breath! I wanted to vomit. I'll go back to Ambien. ”

Gypsy.Rose.Lee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 16, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Works okay... First couple of nights no sleep really, then it kinda started working. But it leaves an awful metallic taste in the mouth well into the next day. So I switched to temazepam 30 mg which was a complete no go... Completely useless. Just laid in bed like a tree full of owls. Finally my doc put me on ambien, which works like a charm, thank heavens.”

kfh191 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 16, 2018

For Insomnia: “I take 3mg for insomnia and it works fairly well, I am usually able to get to sleep about 45 minutes after taking it and I don't feel groggy in the morning if I get more than six hours of sleep. My only complaint is that like other z-drugs, a tolerance develops VERY quickly (3 days for me) and once the tolerance is there the only way to get rid of it is to stop taking it, which brings back the insomnia I have. Although, once I haven't taken it for two or three days I am able to take it again and it will work fairly well, although sometimes I need to take two to get a good effect from it. It is a bit less effective at getting to sleep than ambien in my opinion, but it is more effective by far at helping me stay asleep. I had some major dependence issues with ambien and I don't find eszopiclone nearly as addictive or habit forming.”

Collin11 · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “"STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS MEDICATION!!!! It is a joke, I cant even go into details on how much I HATE this medication. If you have sleep problems do not take this! It causes the complete opposite effect. Horrible side effects."”

PoorSleeper · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2018

For Insomnia: “I've noticed a lot of these reviews basically trash the drug yet give a score of 6 or more (come on, people!) so the high average score may be deceptive. The consensus seems to be that the negatives far outweigh the benefits for this drug. I have had sleep maintenance insomnia anxiety for years, started out being caused by occasional excessive alcohol drinking, gradually became chronic and alcohol-independent. At various times tried melatonin, valerian, diphenhydramine, kava, lorazepam, trazodone, zolpidem, eszopiclone, & CPAP (breathing machine) with mixed results. Trazodone (25-50 mg) & eszopiclone (3 mg) gave me bad mood disturbances after 2-3 days, done with them. Melatonin (5 mg) also does this but not as bad. Lorazepam (0.5 mg) works great but is a benzo so can only use sparingly. CPAP improves my sleep quality and feeling of well-being but so far (>2 months) hasn't much impacted unwanted awakening (and using CPAP is a nuisance!). Hope this helps; good luck to all.”

Error505SleepNotFound · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2018

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “For reference, my type of insomnia is sleep maintenance - I can fall asleep, but I can't stay asleep. I was prescribed Lunesta after 1 year with Trazodone. I was on 100mg of Trazodone, but it was starting to become less effective, so I decided to try something else and maybe give myself a break. My doctor said that Lunesta is supposed to be better for sleep maintenance insomnia than Ambien. I had been off Trazodone for 5 nights before I took Lunesta. I was prescribed 3mg of Lunesta; for the first night, it worked okay. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th night, I had a hard time falling asleep, and then I woke up at about 4-4:30 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. The 5th night, I woke up at 2:30 AM, and couldn't fall back asleep. The 6th night I woke up at 2 AM and couldn't fall back asleep. The 7th night, I was awake almost the whole night. Additional note; I do notice the weird taste in my mouth the next day while on this medication. The taste is amplified by drinking water.”

stephlyudmila January 26, 2018

For Insomnia: “This stopped working for me, even when I doubled the dose. It used to help me get to sleep within 45 minutes and sleep through the night, but it didn’t “knock me out”. It didn’t make me groggy in the morning and I never got a metallic taste in my mouth. I was quite happy with it until it lost its effectiveness. Now, it just makes my vision fuzzy and makes me feel strange but not sleepy.”

Anonymous January 10, 2018

For Insomnia: “Best antidepressant I have ever took; maybe I was misdiagnosed for forty years!”

KerriLK December 18, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Took this after years on clonazepam, then a month of Ambien. Ambien made me have strange side effects. Texting people at night, not remembering in the morning. I started having muscle twitches, brain fog and lightheadness and sweating after going off of it. I have been taking lunesta since mid -November. I will admit, I do not sleep as well as when I took the Ambien. Lunesta does not knock me out. I will go to sleep and then I'm up 12:45, then sometimes 2:45. But still no weird side effects, and sdly I still wake up more tired than I was with Lunesta, or even the clonazepam. The pill does taste gross but swallow it fast! The taste does not linger, but you may have a dry mouth.... nothing to prevent me from taking it. I'm in the highest dosage.”

nosleep/ptsd · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have C-PTSD, bipolar 2, and BPD. I have super intense nightmares/dreams and wake up 700 times a night and have difficulty falling asleep. I'm immune to Ambien, reacted awfully to Rimeron, Trazadone and Melatonin did nothing. Prescribed Seroquel 100mg/night for sleep. Worked for 2 months but left me feeling groggy in the mornings, difficulty waking up, lots of weight gain, and sugar cravings. Yuck. Saw psych yesterday and switched from Seroquel to Lunesta 3mg. I was kind of worried because of the horrible reviews but first night, no weird taste, remember everything that happened last night, fell asleep within an hour, slept great! Woke up on time, not groggy, fully rested!!”

HealthSeeker1 November 30, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been dealing with major insomnia for the past 2 mths. and, after trying other sleep meds (which didn't work), was prescribed 1mg of Lunesta before bed. It took about an hour to put me to sleep. I got about 5 disturbed hours of sleep. I tossed and turned all night and woke up feeling like I'd had 1 hr of sleep. Then the bad part came: the morning. I woke up super drowsy, had intense anxiety, OCD, tremors, chest and nasal congestion, stomach upset and shortness of breath. I was also super emotional and cried uncontrollably all day. These symptoms lasted all day. All that, so that I can get basically no sleep on this pill?! Needless to say, I will never take this pill again! The side effects are worse than anything I've experienced!”

Eevvee · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2017

For Insomnia: “I've had lifelong insomnia. My dad will tell you stories about all the nights he sat up rocking me because I didn't sleep. I've tried every over the counter remedy from melatonin, to valerian root, to sleepy time tea, to benedryl, to calms forte... nothing works for longer than 3 days at most, and it still takes hours to fall asleep. I've tried prescription sleep aids, and Lunesta has been by far the most useless of them all. It doesn't make me even a little bit sleepy. It does, however, leave the most foul taste in my mouth. It tastes like I've been sucking on an old penny and chewing the white part of a grapefruit peel. And it doesn't go away with brushing or mouthwash, it's just in your saliva forever.”

Jigglypuff33 November 7, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Tried the generic version after a few rotations of Ambien. The only thing I disliked about Ambien was the weird loopiness I'd get. Read over some journal entries I wrote on Ambien and it definitely freaked me out. I didn't notice a weird metallic taste when I took Lunesta. The sleepiness also didn't hit me as hard as with Ambien, but it definitely peaked after about an hour and I knew it was time for bed. Woke up fine, no headache and no weird journaling. So all in all a good experience and will likely ask for this instead of Ambien in the future.”

Wide A. Wake November 6, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “After heart surgery in 2014 I went from having normal sleep to insomnia and vivid dreams. After 10 months I medications and dietary supplements. I have recently tried Lunesta and I have found that I only get 2-3 hours sleep on Lunesta and I do have that taste in my mouth went to a doctor. We have been trying different the next day. Ambien works great but it is a wicked medication to take for very long. You build up a tolerance to it and the withdrawals, for me, are 2 nights without any sleep. My doctor and I are still working on a treatment and a cure. Medical Marijuana is out of the question for me but has been recommended by my Colorado relatives but I'm not going there.”

Len Bloom November 4, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “My family doctor prescribed Lunesta as a sleep pill for a month. I take one 3mg tablet and nothing happens as I lay in bed hoping to fall asleep. It is a major disappointment.”

Chris1201 October 19, 2017

For Insomnia: “I've been on this for 3 days. The taste in my mouth is horrible it's almost a strong metal taste. I thought something was wrong with my bottle of water. One pill does not do anything for me. I took 2 pills last night I had a massive panic attack. I woke up earlier again than I wanted to. Not sure if I should try one and a half or what else to do. Not happy with this med right now.”

Hdavis527 October 17, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Recently I got married and my insurance changed. The new insurance would not pay for the sleeping medicine I have been on the last two years. They said I had to try Lunesta, Ambien or one other before they would approve it. Last night made one full week that I was on Lunesta. Here are the reasons why I HATE it. 1. My mouth gets dry 2. In the morning my mouth tastes like I've been drinking spoiled milk. 3. I am so very depressed I take anti depressants already 4. I am so exhausted I do not feel like I can function. 5. I do not stay asleep. 6. I feel like the entire world could implode around me and I still would not care. This medicine is by far the worst thing I've ever been on. I wouldn't even recommend this medication to anyone!!!”

Rainieev October 16, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I was prescribed lunesta a few years ago and took it for about 2 months, hated it and got off of it. Last night I was desperate to sleep, and I couldn't remember why I hated it, so I took another one. First of all, this was 17 hrs ago and my mouth still tastes like I sucked the coating off a bunch of ibuprofen. It makes it really hard to drink water because it exaggerates the taste. Secondly, it makes me feel hungover and oppressively tired all day. Third, it let's me sleep only 6 or 7 hours despite feeling like I could sleep all day when I wake up. Is it the worst? No. It does work to that extent but the side effects are, if not medically serious, pretty annoying and uncomfortable.”

Dallasmom2017 October 15, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Genuinely hate this medicine! The side effects of dry mouth and a terrible taste (even though pills are coated) make it impossible not to drink extra water. Drinking extra water caused me to wake to pee in the middle of the night every night. One night I was so groggy & out of it - feeling really drugged - I fell and hit my head, shoulder & elbow. In the week I took Lunesta, I never got more than 4-5 hours sleep & each night to use the bathroom. My sleep tracker showed little REM. Dry mouth was constant day & night. I never woke refreshed once & always felt like I had a residual “hangover” of a drugged feeling in the AM. I took Lunesta because Ambien seemed to stop working for me. I took it years ago & couldn’t remember why I disliked it.”

Meathead41 October 12, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've suffered with insomnia for many years and was on Ambien, but I built up a tolerance over the years, so my doctor switched me to Lunesta. Lunesta allowed me to sleep for only about two hours. Tried it for four nights with no better results.”