User Reviews for Zolpidem

Insomnia
7.3

Summary of Zolpidem reviews 7.3 747 reviews

Reviews for Zolpidem

For Insomnia: "I've been taking zolpidem a long time, recently tried the sublingual 3.5mg, does not seem to do anything better than taking a 10mg, even using 2 of the 3.5mg, anybody have any advice. The instructions say to dissolve then you can swallow, should you hold under the tongue as long as you can?"

GPB959 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2018

For Insomnia: "I am currently taking 10mg of Zolpidem a night, unfortunately Ambien is not available here in the UK so we have to take the generic version called Zolpidem. But it does work and puts me to sleep for an average of 4 hours but if I want I can normally get right back to sleep for another few hours so not a problem. One important thing is to take the pill on a completely empty stomach or it simply won't work, people who say it does not work or have a tolerance just check if you have started to eat in the evening stopping the pill from working. Overall it's an effective way to sleep if you have bad insomnia and I feel refreshed. The world seems a better brighter place when you finally get rest. Good luck if you try this medication."

Metro11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "I am a doctor, age 76, taking zolpidem 5mg daily since 3 years. I don’t have any side effects as described by many in review. Except that I have become dependent on it. I have tried to sleep without but after tossing in bed for hours, I have to take it. My mind always argues in its favour. I don’t have any issues like night eating or driving or even memory loss. I feel relaxed whole day because I know that I will have good night sleep with my wonder pill."

Vini (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2018

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Over a period of time my doc prescribed me a whole list of medications to see what one worked the most. Right now I'm on ambien CR and just like most others I had tried, it worked the first few nights. Now when I take it I'm wide awake for 5 to 6 hours and then I'll end up sleeping all day the next day."

Adidas (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "After being a good sleeper out of the blue I began to suffer bad insomnia, taking hours to fall asleep or repeated awakenings which was not like me! Possibly because of neighbor issues for years causing stress which finally started to impact my sleep, I tried over the counter meds with no success, then my doctor gave me Ambien and it works so well for me at 10mg, it does not always keep me asleep all night but at least it knocks me out and destroys any anxiety due to insomnia. It seems those of us with insomnia find it hard to calm the brain down and repeated sleepless nights makes us more anxious making sleep increasingly hard to come by. Medications like Ambien are effective as they increase GABA in the brain leading to relaxation and then makes it easier to sleep. I would say this drug is safe, surely better than drinking alcohol to sleep which has bad health impacts. Regular good sleep improves my mood, appetite, lowers anxiety and depression, Ambien does this, it's a good thing!"

Chris1985 October 5, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken ambians and I'm still wide awake it's doing nothing for my insomnia"

Jamall (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Hip and back pain keeping me awake all night even with pain medicine. Doc gave me Ambien several weeks ago, and it is the only drug really helping me right now. Opioids do not help me or make me sleepy. Spent many nights taking hydrocodone with no sleep."

Leki September 30, 2018

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed Zolpidem Tartate 10mg and I gave it a real honest shot for a little over a week. It did a good job a initially getting me to sleep, but after about an hour I would wake up and be in a state of half sleep/half wake the rest of the night (totally exhausted the next day). I remember one day I was in a meeting with my manager talking about filing emails (super simple discussion) and suddenly numbers and formulas were flying around my head like you see in those TV shows (Numbers, or the Librarians) where a person is solving complex formulas in their head. Except we were just talking about filing emails and I couldn't get rid of all these numbers & equations that were swimming in my vision! It was super distracting, and I feel like it was definitely a hallucination, but not neccessary a crazy one, just a bit out of place. I stopped taking it after that week. I occasionally switch between it and OTC if I need something, but I really don't find it helpful for restful sleep."

OTCMedsWorkBetter4Me (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I’ve had insomnia for about 2 weeks before I got Ambien. I was not sleeping at all or for only a few hours before Ambien CR was prescribed. It did not work at all for me at first. No effect whatsoever. Dr switched me to quick release and I made sure to take it on an empty stomach. It puts me to sleep but usually for 2 to 4 hrs. I haven’t had any weird side effects at all. It’s an OK medicine but it’s hasn’t given me what I was searching for: a full nights sleep."

Penny (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Always puts me to sleep but I almost always wake up after about 1 -1.75 hrs. I wake up starving. Going back to bed no help from the medication. "

Dave (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Whilst Ambien does put me to sleep I have found it isn't consistent and it varies night to night on how long it keeps me asleep. 10mg can give me almost 7 hours which is fantastic but some nights I only sleep for 3 and a half on the same dose, which can be a bit disappointing when you roll over to check the time. Also there are some notable side effects such as amnesia before bedtime, next day depression and anxiety. And when you come off this drug your own sleep seems worse than before you went on Ambien and accompanied by nightmares. Of course we are all different but those are my experiences on this drug."

PeterJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "After having gastric bypass in 08, I ended up in hospital for a month. It took one of the night nurses to notice I never slept. He talked to other nurses and they noticed too but never said anything. They called dr that night n gave me an Ambien. I was in heaven. I've always had problems with insomnia. It kept getting worse, so I took 2 a night. I'm lucky if that works every 2 or 3 days n that only works for 4-5 hours. We tried the extended release, and if u can believe this, is worse. Maybe 2 1/2 hours. I've tried every sleep medicine, done so many sleep studies and no one has any ideas on how to help me at all. 7 days was the longest without sleep n ended up in hospital for the same amount of days. No sleep is the most horrible mind screwing thing ever. It's horrible, horrible, horrible and don't wish it on anyone!!!!"

Klbluvroll (taken for 10 years or more) September 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "I just started 5 mg zolpidem for chronic insomnia. I have tried everything there is and this is the best so far. It doesn't last all night though. I feel no impairment the next day. My wife on the other hand passed out sitting up and with her eyes open! Unresponsive. Scary. I called help. So go carefully - individuals get very different results."

Bou (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have sleep maintenance problems - I fall asleep right away but many times wake up after 4 hours and find it very difficult and frustrating to fall asleep again . Ambien CR is really helpful - it extends my sleep time from 4 to 7 hours. I am 64 years old and have been taking the 6.25 mg pill on and off for the last 2 years with no need to change for the higher dosage. I report from Israel. I am insured by Maccabi health services and since I have a premium coverage it costs 50% of the official MOH recommended maximum price list."

Comet (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "I had been sleepless forever when a P.A. talked me into trying Ambien. I loved it! For the 1st time I was able to fall asleep and stay asleep. Then my insurance changed to Kaiser and my new Dr. said, “Ambien! We’re going to have to change that. You’ll sleep when you get tired enough.” So I went back to life without restful sleep. Having known what life was like with a good night’s sleep, I changed my Dr. and he put me on Trazadone which worked fine for a couple years. Then I started getting anxiety when I didn’t take it. My doc said to wean off of it slowly and we would try something else. It took about 6 weeks, then we tried Mirtazapine. The Mirtazapine didn’t help at all and by week two I was feeling very out of sorts. Something was not right with the Mirtazapine. Then I learned that Mirtazapine was another anti depressant! I had insomnia not depression! I am now back on Zolpidem and sleeping without side effects."

Juan2sleep August 30, 2018

For Insomnia: "Zolpiderm is heaven sent. I’ve tried every natural remedy I can think of including meditation, exercise, boiled bananas tea, sleepy teas, healthy eating, regular sleeping schedule, temperature noise control, CBT, muscle relaxation, zinc, melatonin, CBD oil/tincture, valerian root tincture and tea, stretching, positive thoughts, no tv right before bed, bed only used for sleep, and other ridiculous things and nothing worked. Just couldn’t get to sleep and stay asleep. Would fall asleep around 4am to 7am and wake up a few times in between and felt horrible with many days of not sleeping at all. It affected my health by making me foggy, gaining weight, irritable, forgetful, lack of concentration, and exhausted all day. Now thank goodness for Zolpidem because I am able to take it and fall asleep within 30-50 minutes and stay asleep until 7 am refreshed and full of energy of the day. Very appreciative for this medication."

Sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien did not make me groggy during the day and did make me fall asleep, but I was forgetful during the day and fell out of bed and bruised my arm badly. I still think it is a good medication for severe insomnia. Not good to take long term for me."

Merry (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

Edluar (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Other medications took 1 to 2 hrs to work, this drug works within 45 minutes, taste is very good can wake up no problem, this drug was impossible to get for about 6 months, I wish another manufacturer would make this because this drug is so expensive! Even the copay is high. This edluar is same as lunesta but fast acting, all other sleep meds are time release. No side effects!"

Cpap user (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 22, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I'm a very positive person but Ambien left me extremely depressed and completely out of character. I told my doctor but she blew me off. I think it's junk and I would never take it again."

Tigerwrl (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have suffered with chronic insomnia since last year so my doctor gave me 10mg Ambien to try and I have to say it does work quick (within 20 mins) and I reckon it gives me between 4 and 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep before I wake. Some nights it works better than others, weird but not sure why despite empty stomach. However I only take it about 2 or 3 nights a week but on the nights I don't take it I have a really crazy nightmares but in between them I toss and turn for hours. So I can understand out of desperation people take this medication every night because of the problems when you stop taking it. I came off it for 2 weeks and it took about a week for me to get a reasonable night's sleep and that's despite not taking it every night. So whilst this drug is extremely effective for sleep onset insomnia it does seem to affect the body longer than the professionals say as like I mentioned about the lingering sleep troubles after you stop taking it. So my advice is take sparingly."

LiamCK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

For Insomnia: "My experience with Ambien started in 2008. I was going through some rough times in my life. I was depressed and could not sleep well. My doc prescribed me Ambien 5mg "for a couple of months". A few years later the dose was increased to 10 and then to 20mg. I was taking it for 10 years with a few short breaks here and there. Now I'm finally on my route to get it out of my system. January-July I was taking only 5mg a night. The withdrawal is REAL. I have all the symptoms possible. I could not function too well, so I took 2 weeks off from work. I wake up after 4-5hrs of sleep and am unable to fall back asleep. I have flu like symptoms. I lose balance. I cannot think straight as my brain is foggy. But I'm staying strong. I'm 5 days Ambien free. Pls, take it only if it is your last resort and NEVER let it control you."

amistal81 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 7, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I took this medicine for only 3 months. At first I was amazed by it's effectiveness but I only slept for 4 hours and was having some anxiety attack the day after. I was calling this drug : the chemical lobotomy . Highly addictive because you don't want to stop this magical affect of falling asleep after 10 minutes of taking it. It took me a few attempts to be able to stop it. When it did stop working after 3 months and I was needing 2 pills to fall asleep , I simply stopped and replaced it with xanax . Too expensive also. Harmful for the gums and teeth. There is a type of sugar in it and because it melt under the tongue , the sugar residue stay there for the night, your teeth and gums will degrade. Try to find something else. Also , I had to drive my kid to school the morning after and I was not really straight , I didn't like to drive the morning after. Dangerous."

sirius1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I suffer from anxiety and Ambien does give me at least 5 hours of sleep. Without it I wake up at least 4 times a night to use the restroom, which I'm surprised I don't wet the bed! I have not had any significant side effects. Sometimes I'll forget to do something and fight off the Ambien and I start thinking of weird trippy thoughts, and that's when I realize it's the ambien and hit the hay. There has been 2 nights in the last 4 months that I woke up shivering and sweaty but getting some sleep is better than risking the cold sweats. I recently tried sleeping without Ambien....and was awake for 48 hours. I would not say I have grown an addiction to it, but without it I fear that I will never sleep. I do not have an addictive personality at all. I do notice I am hungry all day. Haven't gained any weight though so that could be nothing. If I drink or eat before Ambien (I rarely drink) I feel it is less effective. There is risk with every medicine. If you need sleep it is worth a shot."

Sleepygirl August 5, 2018

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "They had me on ambien 10.5 for thirty day. It never worked for me. Now he has me taking Ambien CR which is not any better. Ambien seems like a sugar pill as far as I can tell. Think twice before paying for it!!!!"

Dennis (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "I tried zopiclone then flurezapam and finally Ambien. Thankfully the Ambien worked. I have suffered from insomnia for years but now I can sleep"

Ceejay (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes