User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 586 reviews 110 medications

7.5
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 586 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "made me crazy and stoned and I end up taking them in a few nights and I have no idea, call people randomly do things and have no memory of it. The next day I am very I'll unsurprisingly. Better off with insomnia."

Ryanl September 24, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Useless. I am a 30 yr old owner, and executive chef of 2 restaurants. Diagnosed and medicated. Took it last night at 10 and thought i took it wrong seeing as how i was up at 4am still. Round 2 tonight 10 pm, aaaand now its 12:41am. Not much more to look at on my ceiling. I will be requesting a switch tomorrow."

Isho4u (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Oh man, this stuff works. I was on 10mg for about 5 years! My new doctor had me stop cold turkey about 3 years ago. I grew a tolerance to it and I was addicted to it. My old doctor prescribed it, after my mom died, when I was 18. I puked after taking my first dose. It made me so dizzy, it was weird. After that first time, it never happened again. The only side effect was that I'd wake up and eat without knowing it. I recall my sister saying that I had gotten up and cooked a hamburger, ate it, and went back to bed without saying a word to her. It seems to be a common side effect, though. It was great help, but I'm so glad to be off of it for good. I take Diphenhydramine to sleep when I need to."

Komrade (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "This pill works fast. Taste is horrific but it works. One issue I have is that I have crazy mood swings and mental problems. I'm seeing doctors but they believe these came out of nowhere because of the pill side effects. So if your noticing yourself crying a lot or having mental issues out of no where go back to your doctor."

Emilie A September 16, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien is a wonderful sleep aid. For people who have trouble staying asleep, this is the medication for you. I've been taking it for at least 10 years and I've not built up a tolerance to it yet. Don't get out of bed after taking it as it does pose a risk of falling because it works very quickly and will make you very drowsy and perhaps dizzy. It helps me sleep for 7-8 hours without any hangover effect. Unfortunately my "nanny" prescription insurance has just informed me that it will not pay for my opioid pain medication and ambien together so I have to choose which medication I want the insurance to pay for. I'll just pay the $54 for it myself as the 2 alternative drugs my doctor suggested have quite scary user reviews."

gigijloo September 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I recently too ambien last night & it worked I finally got sleep & I slept throughout the night."

LenaQ September 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "This Brand takes longer to work, and way longer to wear off. I have used this brand for 4 months with no choice really... This brand made me feel like I was coming off of anesthesia the next day. I felt foggy & depressed. Never feeling refreshed. I think the brand is dangerous and should be investigated. Currently I'm back on Northstar, with my initial preference being (for generic) TEVA. Otherwise the brand itself, "Ambien" is a much more gentle medication, being my #1 preference. You should know the quality standards of a generic medication, the FDA requires the bioequivalence of a generic drug to be between 80% and 125% of the innovator product. That as well as the encapsulation of med can make all the difference! Per FDA"

SbriWA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been on ambient for a year. When I first started taking it , it work great, only thing I would wake up and eat during the night and not know it, the next morning I would find the evidence. The past week I have got to where it's not working like now it's 4:30 am and I'm not asleep yet!! I'm on 5m so wondering if maybe I should ask doc to raise it to 10. I'm just afraid if I go up 5 more if it will give me any weird side effects. But I can't keep doing this, I need sleep!"

Misty2ell (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2016

For Insomnia: "I spent 12 long years with severe insomnia. It cost me a 2 long term relationships, almost my career and my sanity. My doctors tried to get me to take sleeping pills but I resisted. I didn't want to become addicted to anything. I finally gave in. It was the best thing I ever did for my health and well being, I credit it for saving my life. I take 10mg every night. Sometimes on a Sunday night I may have to take an additional 1/2. I guess I would be considered addicted, but the alternative is something far worse. I have suffered depression my whole life, and not sleeping for days on end just made the depression worse. My depression is in check more than it has ever been."

Jay Elle August 31, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Hands down the very best way to end the day. Not only is it the only sleeping pill that worked for me of the dozens of OTC and prescribed sleep aids, it felt really good. No matter how bad my day was, 20 minutes after I took the ambien I'd always have a smile and laugh my ass off to Saturday Night Live episodes on Hulu before getting the best and consistent sleep ever. Sure, my first couple times I had a hangover effect, but the next year I was on ambien I ALWAYS felt refreshed the next morning."

MeatRocket (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been taking Ambien for many years. The first year, I was prescribed 10 mg nightly. I had experienced a "deep sleep" and through the entire night. For the first time in my life, I didn't feel exhausted the next day. Then my dosage was changed to 5 mg, which was tough! My tolerance to the higher dose made it not work. My Dr. gave me something different to substitute while my body adjusted. It's not been 2 years, that I've been taking the 5 mg. I also take Adderall XR @ 20 mg daily and 20 mg of Prozac. During the last 6 months, I've had difficulty with memory. Being able to recall things I read, appointment times, things people had said to me. I am 52 years old, and I understand that comes with age. But has anyone had similar problems?"

Teresa Page August 14, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken 2 1/2 and I'm wide awake"

Erinkaye August 12, 2016

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Terrible gettin to sleep and stayin sleep. 1st tried Melatonin, Did nothing. Was prescribed Ambien, helped me get to sleep but didn't help me stay asleep thru night. Was switch to AmbienCR12.5mg, Did exactly what I needed, helped me fall sleep and stay sleep, felt much better on those days that I needed it. Couple years ago dr told me they changed rules for Ambien for women cause all these people had weird reactions. Me- no issues with full 12.5mg. Highly upsets me, I was doing great on the reg dose. Was prescribed lower dose next refill, only lasted 3-4hrs sleep, def not good :( They should start a person off on the low dose, wean u up on individual basis, for proper treatment! As no 2 pts r alike, & each needs diff doses to work for them"

Selena Aaliyah August 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I just started this medication and I really enjoy using Ambien because it actually works. And quickly. But please, READ THE SIDE EFFECTS. If I don't lay down right after taking it I'll stay up and make phone calls and send texts that I don't remember the next morning. So just relax after taking it. But other than that, it actually works!"

Cometxx13 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "People, be careful with Ambien. I was put on Ambien 10 mg back in late 2014, I recently stopped the medication told turkey. It's been a week since I quit, I have been having severe withdrawal. Nightmares, night sweats, and frequent urination are the most occurring symptoms I have been dealing with. Doctors seldom tell patients about drug withdrawals, which is why I am suffering from these problems. So, be careful before you take a new prescribed medication."

Anonymous July 18, 2016

For Insomnia: "WARNING: take the side-effects of this med really seriously. I had a car accident which shook me up emotionally really badly and I wasn't sleeping. So the doc prescribed Ambien, which I was somewhat aware of, but had never taken. For a little context, I am a 45 year-old guy. The morning after my third night of taking Ambien, I woke up to discover that I had ENROLLED IN COLLEGE. I don't know why, I don't know why I picked the school I picked, but I registered, got accepted, applied for financial aid-- the whole thing, without intending to, nor remembering having done it. It turned out to have been a great thing for me (this was two years ago). I also NOW know to take Ambien and then LAY THE EFF DOWN.. don't sit up, waiting for it work."

Clegg (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2016

For Insomnia: "After having spent 6 days with absolutely no sleep, I finally asked to get something prescribed. I admit it worked right away that night. With time (one week) I feel like I got used to it and became a zombie at night. Awake but not awake/aware. Some nights it works and some nights it doesn't at all, keeping me up all night doing anything but sleep. I'm not sure wether to recommend it or not, I'm almost done with my month and I have mixed emotions as the amounts of times I fell asleep are less than the ones I did not. When I don't fallasleep after taking it I become paranoid and think to myself "oh my god I HAVE to fall asleep now" creating a rather nervewrecking situation...or I find myself cleaning the house or doing laundry and so..."

Rebeccat7 July 11, 2016

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was given two choices for my insomnia; melatonin or ambien as a quick fix. Of course I picked the quick fix and went with ambien. I took the first night and for 20-30 minutes after taking read reviews online. While reading I noticed my phone screen seemed to move and I lost focus over and over again. I thought maybe because I had been up for over 24 hours from the insomnia prior to getting the prescription, but upon the second time taking it realized that if you fight the window of time to fall asleep, you do get quiet a high. Hallucinations do occur occasionally. However, i was given a two week trial of this drug to see how well it worked for me and as I continue to take it I notice that I fall asleep quickly, but wake up throughout nite"

Kristinx234 July 7, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Without Ambien I'm up literally all night. But if you don't take it on am empty stomach it doesn't work at all. I take it at midnight and can't eat after 5 or 6PM or else it won't work. If you try and stay up after it starts to work you may do things you wouldn't normally do - like shop online, which I've done and many people I know. Luckily everything I've bought is stuff I've wanted, but still..."

Beth A (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "ambien was the only sleeping pill that worked for me i was on 10 mg and went to the ambien cr on 12.5 mg and back to 10 mg taking it on an empty stomach made me binge, forgetful, and do questionable/irresponsible things i wouldn't normally do it also sometimes made me drowsy in the morning it works quickly unlike certain sleeping meds that you have to take 3 hours with food before bed i had withdrawals on ambien as well a lot of negatives for me but i still liked it best"

Former Ambien Taker (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "A real savior. Finally getting some sleep. Went off for a month to see if I could sleep without it. The answer was no but no other withdrawal symptoms. Be sure to give yourself 8 hours and nix the alcohol."

Sny222 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "My Dr. in NYC took me off of Halcion (which worked great!) and put me on Ambien when it came out being touted as a "miracle sleep aid". Doc told me that it was non-habit forming, if it worked for me I wouldn't ever need to use more than the 5 mg. tabs (sounded like she had just memorized company literature). Anyway the .5 mg. Ambien worked great for a while, especially helpful as my work schedule(s) varied so much. I'd sleep and wake up refreshed. But after 7 or 8 yrs. of taking .5 mg several nights a week, I needed 10 mg. to get & stay asleep. Then it stopped working. Fact is, you have to go off Ambien for a while until your "tolerance" goes away & I'll bet that's the case with all sleep aids - it's back to Halcion for me!"

Charlotte Gal (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I take Ambien, Ambien CR and rotate to Lunesta briefly when they build a tolerance. Ambien is first rate though. They all have an odd effect of not drifting off - I blink and wake up in the morning. I'm ok with that. Ambien CR makes me a bit cranky if I wake early, like the cat waking me. Otherwise they all work, and fast, like 30 minutes. I have a small amount of Ambien CR left, which I think is the best but it's expensive. The others are generic, but work ok."

muDraconis (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was diagnosed with chronic insomnia when I was 13, currently I'm 19 years old. I've been prescribed a great many things to help get me to sleep and, more importantly, stay asleep. Since I want to keep this short I'll just say that ambien is the only one that's worked efficiently for an extended period of time. It helps you relax, if you're an anxious person like me, and surprisingly enough I don't even wake up during the nights like I used to. Suppose I've finally gotten used to the drug or actually getting a good night's rest, considering my sleep problems had been around since I was around 8. Anyway, works great. My does is currently 20 mg, every night. Probably going to get lowered to 10mg some time soon."

Sleepless Guy Far from Home June 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "Don't do it......after taking this for about two weeks. I found myself becoming suicidal. As a veteran with PTSD I highly recommend anybody that's on antidepressants or antipsychotics to stay away from this prescription."

Kelvin12345 June 7, 2016