User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 623 reviews 109 medications

7.4
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 623 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: " I hate the doctors that prescribe ambien to patients like me. They are putting patent's life in danger. I know some people taking this pill during the day too and they take way too much . It is adicctive"

Mavina (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was given ambien 5mg tablets while I was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery and ambien actually kept me wide awake!"

Lucia1999 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I have taken Zolpidem 10 mg for years and the generic brand worked okay. Recently I changed insurance and had to switch pharmacies Their Zolpidem is made by Teva. It doesn't work. I have had so many sleepless nights. I feel there aren't any active ingredients in this brand. Has anyone else had a problem with Teva?"

DALICE (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I find ambien to take the edge off at night but not make me sleep. I'm also on seroquel for bipolar and that helps much better for sleep. I feel like I took a benadryl when I took ambien."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "After years of being a zombie I found a psychiatrist who prescribed it for me and I changed into a functioning person. I've never had a bad experience. I only take 5 mg a night, 10 if I wake up in the middle of the night. I never take more and about half the time 5 mg is enough."

Lynda G (taken for 10 years or more) March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I'm 23 got I just got presrecribed 10 mg ambien for sleep . is was probably the best sleeping thing for meds I've had for insomnia. I've never had any weird experience or others problems either. Even though I've been on it for 6 months now."

Someone864 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "wish I know about ringing of the ears that this drug may have caused. I hope I can quit on my own. Feel like I have the flu after 72 hours from last dose."

b_rad (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed 5mg ambien after 3 months of not getting more than 2-3 hours of sleep in each 24 hour period. I had tried benadryl, hydroxyzine, and Valium previously, all of which kept me wide awake. I took the 5mg right before bed, as instructed, and laid there awake all night. The next night I decided to try 1 1/2 (7.5 mg) as I keep reading horror stories about 10mg. I took it, waited about 10 minutes, then went to bed. It took me over an hour to fall asleep, but once I did, I'm thrilled to say I slept all night! Unfortunately even after a full night of sleep it was very hard to wake up. I'd wake up then doze back off. That happened several times for about an hour. Once I was able to wake up enough to get up, I was fine"

Djd79nc (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My experience with ambien was not very good. Ambien is a pretty terrible sleep aid and I'm sure you'd be better with little sleep and tired, Than waking up feeling like crap all day and tired. It makes me feel pretty rubbish all day and it only last like 4 hours, So I'll wake up 3 or 4 hours later super tired and can't go back to sleep. Your body Builds tolerance to this drug very fast, After the 4th or 5th time of using it, it's effects are very very minimal. Also if you suffer from acid reflex, this drug will make it 10 times worse. If your desperate for sleep, This drug will make you sleep, but with great consequences."

Xavier byrd February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been on this medication for 5 years. I take one 10 mg pill probably 3 times a month. I get 5 hours of sleep. I have never experienced any side affects, I only wish I could get at least 7 hours. My new insurance does not cover it without prior authorization. More paperwork,or phone call for my Doctor."

A new you (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I take 5mg at night to sleep, without them I have to take any other night time medicine but these don't work near as well! They do not effect me in the morning, and my fiancé knows not to wake me until at least 7 hours have passed. I have had no troubles, though he did say I've been laughing and talking in my sleep!"

H_dub February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien was very dangerous for me. I was prescribed 10mg for about 5 years. One night I took 1 right before bed like I always had and woke up the next morning with vomit all over my house and an empty pill bottle on my night stand. I took a heap 10mg of Ambien and had zero memory of doing this. It absolutely terrified me. I now take 100mg of doxepin and sleep through the night without a hangover in the morning. Use Ambien with caution. If you have any worries please try to find something else."

LeaJJ January 26, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It helped me sleep, but only 4 hrs with 10 mg dosage"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "This drug is my god now. Zolpidem bless us all."

C.B. Slug January 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Teva brand does not work well at all. Lucky to get 6 hours sleep w this manufacturers. Northstar brand works. Sleep peacefully all night."

Anonymous January 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "The first day went well and at 10 days it went very badly I take the pill at 9pm and gave me a headache and I slept 30 minutes all night and more with itching dry mouth this is not good for everyone."

juanito7500 January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Take ambien 12.5 MG at 10pm every night for insomnia past several years. In the past 3 weeks I wake up at 2pm; wide awake; unable to go back to sleep. I would switching to ambien 10 MG help me sleep through night. I have taken ambien 10 MG in the past and few times; I think I slept longer."

Lulutake (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Can usually get to sleep in about an hour and the then only sleep about two hours. Cannot get back to sleep. What can I do to get better should I be able to get back to sleep"

Macg January 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I had terrible insomnia.....this medicine has improved my quality of life immensely"

rohise33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "It works great. I was prescribed 10mg, but I cut them in half and take 5mg instead. Why? I only need to get that tired feeling, not to be knocked out like I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled out. You take it at night, get in bed right after you take it and wait for it to kick in. Of course you're going to get dizzy if you're looking at your phone or binge watching on Netflix, while it's kicking in. So don't do that, haha! If you're afraid that you'll get addicted to it, I mean come on, it's not like it's xanax . And if you are still afraid to take it, there's also this thing called "exercise." It makes you tired and the worst side effect is losing weight."

J dilla January 1, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien is like a little piece of heaven in a pill. I have been on 12.5 Cr since 2009. Before this I tried all the others. Ambien is the only drug that helps me fall asleep. I recommend this drug."

Here4u2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Was having problem sleeping due to Lyrica withdrawal, Took Zolpidem for only 5 days, the first 9 days after going off sleep ok, by day 10 got 4 hrs, day 11 3 hrs, day 12 1 1/2 hrs, OMG, skin burning & tingling can't take this. How much longer must I go through this "Hell", can't stop crying & can't enjoy Christmas. "

Neicey5 December 21, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "On the business class sleeper seat plane to NY, the last conscious thing I remember after taking Ambien was my head resting on the pillow about an hour after the meal service and then waking up in bed in the apartment. How did I collect my coat and things, aware to pack the airline amenity kit and water bottle into the knapsack that was in the overhead bin, deplane and walk far to passport control, use the passport kiosk that requires me to type in on the touchscreen, Thailand, and collect the customs print out and then go to a carousel and collect my bag among all the other bags revolving around, hand my printout to the customs agent and find where to catch the Newark airport bus in the winter cold. How long did I wait for the bus? Did I open my suitcase inside the terminal to take out my sweater, scarf, and wool knit hat to wear --all which were packed in the suitcase. Upon waking up in the apartment the sweater was on the couch, the scarf on a chair, and the knit hat in my knapsack. Once on the bus I had to have reached in my pocket for my wallet that had my return bus ticket. The ticket wasn't in my wallet in the apartment. Once off the bus at Port Authority, how did I hail a taxi, put the stuff in the trunk and tell him where to go? My credit card statement indicates I swiped the card to pay for the taxi home. Once outside my apartment, I had to reach into my knapsack for my keys attached to a clip and open the door. The keys were found on the coffee table when woke up in bed. My coat and jacket were on the bathroom floor indicating that once inside the apartment I rushed to the bathroom. I obviously opened my suitcase as it was found wide open and a of box anticongestion and a bottle of allergy pills that I remember packing in the suitcase in Bangkok were now found on the kitchen counter. From remembering my head on the airplane pillow to waking up in my bed, everything is a blank, hours blank."

Don't remember how I got home (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I, a 21 yeard old male, was prescribed 10 mg ambien a few weeks ago for insomnia. I've dealt with insomnia for several years, I'd lie in bed with my eyes closed for 10 hours and would often not sleep for a second. Or if I did, it was for an hour or 2 and I rarely felt rested. Beforehand, I tried many sleeping aids (Melatonin, Belsomra, Trazadone) and nothing worked. Within 20 minutes of taking ambien for the first time I was out like a light and slept 8+ hours for the first time in years. However, I've been more recently experiencing the problem of not only waking up feeling groggy, but feeling that throughout the day. Even 8+ hours and a significant amount of caffeine later, I feel far less attentive than I was when I was sleep deprived."

SleepelessEverywhere (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed Ambien for insomnia. It later became a problem as I continued to build a tolerance for it. I am no longer taking and have been off the medicine this week. Following are reasons that I stopped taking it. I lost my job, got arrested, picked up a felony charge for prescription fraud, among other consequences due to my dependency on the drug. In short, DO NOT TAKE ANY FORM of Z -PILLS. I lost a very good job with the government and can no longer return to the job due to Ambien and Lunesta. I have a master's degree and still cannot find work due to the felony charge. Please take it from me, this drug will progressively ruin your life. It should be taken off of the market."

Chuckie 007 December 9, 2016