User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 577 reviews 110 medications

7.5
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 577 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Hands down the very best way to end the day. Not only is it the only sleeping pill that worked for me of the dozens of OTC and prescribed sleep aids, it felt really good. No matter how bad my day was, 20 minutes after I took the ambien I'd always have a smile and laugh my ass off to Saturday Night Live episodes on Hulu before getting the best and consistent sleep ever. Sure, my first couple times I had a hangover effect, but the next year I was on ambien I ALWAYS felt refreshed the next morning."

MeatRocket (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been taking Ambien for many years. The first year, I was prescribed 10 mg nightly. I had experienced a "deep sleep" and through the entire night. For the first time in my life, I didn't feel exhausted the next day. Then my dosage was changed to 5 mg, which was tough! My tolerance to the higher dose made it not work. My Dr. gave me something different to substitute while my body adjusted. It's not been 2 years, that I've been taking the 5 mg. I also take Adderall XR @ 20 mg daily and 20 mg of Prozac. During the last 6 months, I've had difficulty with memory. Being able to recall things I read, appointment times, things people had said to me. I am 52 years old, and I understand that comes with age. But has anyone had similar problems?"

Teresa Page August 14, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken 2 1/2 and I'm wide awake"

Erinkaye August 12, 2016

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Terrible gettin to sleep and stayin sleep. 1st tried Melatonin, Did nothing. Was prescribed Ambien, helped me get to sleep but didn't help me stay asleep thru night. Was switch to AmbienCR12.5mg, Did exactly what I needed, helped me fall sleep and stay sleep, felt much better on those days that I needed it. Couple years ago dr told me they changed rules for Ambien for women cause all these people had weird reactions. Me- no issues with full 12.5mg. Highly upsets me, I was doing great on the reg dose. Was prescribed lower dose next refill, only lasted 3-4hrs sleep, def not good :( They should start a person off on the low dose, wean u up on individual basis, for proper treatment! As no 2 pts r alike, & each needs diff doses to work for them"

Selena Aaliyah August 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I just started this medication and I really enjoy using Ambien because it actually works. And quickly. But please, READ THE SIDE EFFECTS. If I don't lay down right after taking it I'll stay up and make phone calls and send texts that I don't remember the next morning. So just relax after taking it. But other than that, it actually works!"

Cometxx13 (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "People, be careful with Ambien. I was put on Ambien 10 mg back in late 2014, I recently stopped the medication told turkey. It's been a week since I quit, I have been having severe withdrawal. Nightmares, night sweats, and frequent urination are the most occurring symptoms I have been dealing with. Doctors seldom tell patients about drug withdrawals, which is why I am suffering from these problems. So, be careful before you take a new prescribed medication."

Anonymous July 18, 2016

For Insomnia: "WARNING: take the side-effects of this med really seriously. I had a car accident which shook me up emotionally really badly and I wasn't sleeping. So the doc prescribed Ambien, which I was somewhat aware of, but had never taken. For a little context, I am a 45 year-old guy. The morning after my third night of taking Ambien, I woke up to discover that I had ENROLLED IN COLLEGE. I don't know why, I don't know why I picked the school I picked, but I registered, got accepted, applied for financial aid-- the whole thing, without intending to, nor remembering having done it. It turned out to have been a great thing for me (this was two years ago). I also NOW know to take Ambien and then LAY THE EFF DOWN.. don't sit up, waiting for it work."

Clegg (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2016

For Insomnia: "After having spent 6 days with absolutely no sleep, I finally asked to get something prescribed. I admit it worked right away that night. With time (one week) I feel like I got used to it and became a zombie at night. Awake but not awake/aware. Some nights it works and some nights it doesn't at all, keeping me up all night doing anything but sleep. I'm not sure wether to recommend it or not, I'm almost done with my month and I have mixed emotions as the amounts of times I fell asleep are less than the ones I did not. When I don't fallasleep after taking it I become paranoid and think to myself "oh my god I HAVE to fall asleep now" creating a rather nervewrecking situation...or I find myself cleaning the house or doing laundry and so..."

Rebeccat7 July 11, 2016

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was given two choices for my insomnia; melatonin or ambien as a quick fix. Of course I picked the quick fix and went with ambien. I took the first night and for 20-30 minutes after taking read reviews online. While reading I noticed my phone screen seemed to move and I lost focus over and over again. I thought maybe because I had been up for over 24 hours from the insomnia prior to getting the prescription, but upon the second time taking it realized that if you fight the window of time to fall asleep, you do get quiet a high. Hallucinations do occur occasionally. However, i was given a two week trial of this drug to see how well it worked for me and as I continue to take it I notice that I fall asleep quickly, but wake up throughout nite"

Kristinx234 July 7, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Without Ambien I'm up literally all night. But if you don't take it on am empty stomach it doesn't work at all. I take it at midnight and can't eat after 5 or 6PM or else it won't work. If you try and stay up after it starts to work you may do things you wouldn't normally do - like shop online, which I've done and many people I know. Luckily everything I've bought is stuff I've wanted, but still..."

Beth A (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "ambien was the only sleeping pill that worked for me i was on 10 mg and went to the ambien cr on 12.5 mg and back to 10 mg taking it on an empty stomach made me binge, forgetful, and do questionable/irresponsible things i wouldn't normally do it also sometimes made me drowsy in the morning it works quickly unlike certain sleeping meds that you have to take 3 hours with food before bed i had withdrawals on ambien as well a lot of negatives for me but i still liked it best"

Former Ambien Taker (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "A real savior. Finally getting some sleep. Went off for a month to see if I could sleep without it. The answer was no but no other withdrawal symptoms. Be sure to give yourself 8 hours and nix the alcohol."

Sny222 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "My Dr. in NYC took me off of Halcion (which worked great!) and put me on Ambien when it came out being touted as a "miracle sleep aid". Doc told me that it was non-habit forming, if it worked for me I wouldn't ever need to use more than the 5 mg. tabs (sounded like she had just memorized company literature). Anyway the .5 mg. Ambien worked great for a while, especially helpful as my work schedule(s) varied so much. I'd sleep and wake up refreshed. But after 7 or 8 yrs. of taking .5 mg several nights a week, I needed 10 mg. to get & stay asleep. Then it stopped working. Fact is, you have to go off Ambien for a while until your "tolerance" goes away & I'll bet that's the case with all sleep aids - it's back to Halcion for me!"

Charlotte Gal (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I take Ambien, Ambien CR and rotate to Lunesta briefly when they build a tolerance. Ambien is first rate though. They all have an odd effect of not drifting off - I blink and wake up in the morning. I'm ok with that. Ambien CR makes me a bit cranky if I wake early, like the cat waking me. Otherwise they all work, and fast, like 30 minutes. I have a small amount of Ambien CR left, which I think is the best but it's expensive. The others are generic, but work ok."

muDraconis (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was diagnosed with chronic insomnia when I was 13, currently I'm 19 years old. I've been prescribed a great many things to help get me to sleep and, more importantly, stay asleep. Since I want to keep this short I'll just say that ambien is the only one that's worked efficiently for an extended period of time. It helps you relax, if you're an anxious person like me, and surprisingly enough I don't even wake up during the nights like I used to. Suppose I've finally gotten used to the drug or actually getting a good night's rest, considering my sleep problems had been around since I was around 8. Anyway, works great. My does is currently 20 mg, every night. Probably going to get lowered to 10mg some time soon."

Sleepless Guy Far from Home June 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "Don't do it......after taking this for about two weeks. I found myself becoming suicidal. As a veteran with PTSD I highly recommend anybody that's on antidepressants or antipsychotics to stay away from this prescription."

Kelvin12345 June 7, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ive had every sleeping medicine, even test drugs, thats legal where I am but only ambien has let me sleep. Ive been on ambien for about 3 years now. I take it because my autonomic nervous system doesnt work properly and my adrenaline wont shut of to let me sleep. Though ambien is the only thing that lets me sleep, it does give me weird trips or hallucinations sometimes. Which I have been told isnt a good thing and you should stop if you hallucinate or have a bad trip, but I'm on 10mg of ambien and I fall asleep 80% of the time so thanks ambien."

SleepZombie (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2016

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been a long-haul flight attendant for over 35 years and have used this drug since it's release. I find it EXTREMELY effective, with no side effects for me whatsoever. I will say that, like a lot of sleep aids and sleeping tablets, its' continued use does cause a psychological dependancy and the effectiveness of the drug becomes less and less. Therefore I would recommend not using the drug every night and alternating it with other sleep therapies."

Ozmike (taken for 10 years or more) May 29, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My psychiatrist prescribed me 5mg of Ambien to help with insomnia. I take it 3-5 nights a week (typically 3) and found it very helpful in the beginning. Now, I can take it and not feel a thing. I have considered asking my psychiatrist for a slightly higher dosage."

Sleepless in the Midwest May 1, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've always had issues falling asleep so I started taking this pill a couple months or a year ago. The first month or two it helped me fall asleep and wake up early - simple as that, no problems. After a while I started to build up a tolerance (I guess) and I couldn't really fall asleep when I took it. If I unintentionally stayed up for more than ~3 hours after I took the pill I would start getting weird side effects. Like I felt like I was going crazy. The worst was when I was trying to sleep it felt like 'ghost' hands were touching my body or something...crazy...I know. In addition, I would find my self looking at weird shit on the internet, or thinking strange thoughts. Most of the time I took the pill I would have gaps in my memory."

Not a fan April 28, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have had a great experience with this medicine. I sleep through the night on it, wake up rested and free of any hangover, and it doesn't knock me out like benedryl does. I feel like I get a natural sleep. I've never experienced the night time issues that some have mentioned and have never experienced nightmares or vivid dreams as I have with other medicines."

Wes79 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 22, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Have bad insomnia. Been on Ambien for 10 years now. I decreased my dose to only 3 mg about 5 years ago. All I need is to get to sleep. Anxiety prevents that. So Ambien works great for me. I have never had any bad effects at all with this drug. No after effects. Wake up refreshed. I have had instances where it doesn't work, if I am in a bad anxious state. But usually I take it right before bed. I don't delay at all because it is pretty fast working. Hope and pray there are no long term effects like Alzheimers. So far I have no memory problems. I am 74. I need sleep. It's that simple. Feel awful when I don't sleep. I do try not to take it every night. Go off for days in between. Try and go weeks if I can. So far that's working for me."

hilborn (taken for 10 years or more) April 22, 2016

For Insomnia: "Great"

Pooh225 April 20, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It works and it's ability hasn't diminished with use or time. I can get to sleep every single time I take this drug and it always only takes 2 pills. That is a lot more than I can say for any sleep drug I've ever taken. The downside is that if I don't go to sleep as soon as I feel it kick in, I will do some very, very strange things that I can only slightly remember if I remember at all."

ihavemigraines (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "Do NOT drive after taking Zopiclone. You get several second blackouts constantly. Highly hazardious to do anything that could be dangerious after taking. Also I recommend not drinking alcohol at all when taking, heart might punch out of beat, and skips or beats out of rhythm. That is with the tablets and half a bottle of wine. Serious drug, but works for the purpose."

Tobi SWE April 17, 2016