User Reviews for Zolpidem

Insomnia
7.3

Summary of Zolpidem reviews 7.4 706 reviews

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Only thing that works for sleep."

Sandilikeabeach (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I break it up into teeny tiny pieces and it helps me fall asleep. Sometimes I take as little as 1.66 mg but 2.5 mg is my fave. I don't have trouble staying asleep, just falling asleep due to ADHD and an overactive procrastinating mind. When I used to take more of it, I would get rebound and wake up 5 hours later not being able to sleep. I don’t get that with smaller doses, sometimes I take it if I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t sleep. It does cause me to have bad skin if I take it too much. Clogs my pores big time. Very expensive stuff."

Teeny bit (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "Yes, it can work for years without impacting your life but it does catch up with you and eventually you can end up addicted beyond belief. Don't take this drug for long as the withdrawal symptoms are shocking. I've been taking this drug for six years and weaned off 6 months ago but I still feel vulnerable and ready to use another 60grms plus in a heartbeat. It makes xanax look like a walk in the park to withdraw from."

penelope (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "My Dr. started prescribing me 10mg of generic Ambien about four months ago. The one thing that has been constant with this med is its ability to induce sleep. Good sleep and quickly. However, up until this month, it was causing me extreme daytime anxiety and agitation. This month my prescription was by the manufacturer, Teva, and I have had none of the anxiety or anger. Hoping my Dr. is able to specifically prescribe Teva, otherwise I will not be able to continue taking it. I take the Ambien to fall asleep and Trazodone to stay asleep. Great combo for me. I actually look forward to sleep instead of fearing the hours of tossing and turning that used to haunt me."

BBP007 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Zolpidem gave me the only withdrawal symptoms of my life. 48 hours of extreme mental and physical pain, soaked clothing and high blood pressure. Got hooked after just 1 month of continual use, about 4 x 10 mg doses per day. I have taken hydrocodone for pain for more than a month with no withdrawal symptoms and only moderate (manageable) craving. I started taking Ambien to fall asleep, then needed another dose 4 hours later to stay asleep, then started taking it during daytime to stave off the after-effects of the drug."

Vlad Tepes (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been taking Ambien for several years. Started taking 5mg only when on vacation while sleeping in an unfamiliar environment. Several years later I started having to take 5mg every night. Now I split the 10mg into thirds and it works great but I still take it every night. No side effects that I can tell. I always sleep through the night. Would like to split it into fourths but it's difficult to split that small. Melatonin is horrible, makes me sluggish the next morning with a nasty headache. I've tried several times to stop Ambien and it's not difficult to stop (no cravings or withdrawal symptoms), it's just that I don't fall asleep on my own anymore."

Sue (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been dealing with severe insomnia recently and tried several things. Melatonin worked for about a day, than stopped. I tried OTC options, but nothing worked I would get drowsy but still unable to fall asleep. It was beginning to take a toll on my body, I have a physically demanding job and was really feeling the effects. My doctor is great, he asked about things I've tried and he told me to try Ambien. Well, talk about fantastic I took it last night after trying to fall asleep naturally and failing, and within 45 minutes I was blissfully asleep. I slept the entire night, something I haven't been able to do. It works wonders for me, although I haven't been on it enough to know if it will continue to work and I am aware of the limitations of this drug (shouldn't take it more than 2 weeks). If you have a doctor willing to let you try it, I would highly recommend you do so. Make sure you take it about an hour before you want to be in bed sleeping."

Weee96 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

Intermezzo (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "These take up to an hour to kick in for me so it is frustrating when I take it for breakthrough insomnia in the middle of the night. I also feel more groggy with this sublingual form of ambien versus when I take standard ambien(swallow). Not what I was expecting, but it does help a little."

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Sometimes it helped me fall asleep, sometimes it didn't. And if you do take this, do not resist the urge to fall asleep....else you will trip. One night I felt like my bedroom was a rocket ship and if I were to open my bedroom door I would be in outer space....next drug please."

Dantheman93 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "This medicine does work for me l go to sleep right way. Yes l did have side effects but does not last long and I take it every night."

Tina March 24, 2018

Edluar (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Excellent product, but I have had difficulty getting the prescription filled for months due to a manufacturer backorder. This drug was an excellent addition to my bedtime routine. Get in bed, hold it in your mouth, and asleep within 20 minutes. This greatly reduced the chances of getting out of bed and doing something stupid, like with generic Ambien. Generic Ambien takes too long to onset and can feel gradual, which is confusing and might lead to me "forgetting to go to bed". But the Edluar solved that problem because it is fast acting. Only issue is the manufacturer backorder and high cost."

Neversleeps (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "I like this drug because it's sublingual and so it works very quickly. They say it helps you fall asleep but not stay asleep and I have found that to be true for me. There is also the well known dangers of parasomnias such as sleep walking and sleep eating and so on. I sleep-drove, and even sleep-bought-insurance, all with no memory, so take it just at bedtime, go right to sleep, don't take too much, and take some steps to make sure you wake up if you get out of bed (newspaper crumpled on the floor or something). But overall, I like it better than Zopiclone which tends to have a residual effect the next day."

wcforan (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 12, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've used this med for years with no apparent problem. WRONG. As I began asking family and friends, I find I have been doing MANY dangerous activities with absolutely NO recollection. This medication is absolutely frightening. I had no idea there was even a problem. Use at risk of yourself and those around you. I now have a criminal record and am just glad no one got physically hurt."

jmcm (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken every sleeping medication under the stars but Ambien is all that works for me. I take it 2-4 times a week when I know I need decent sleep. I cut a 10mg pill in half usually, but sometimes I take a full 10mg so I can sleep solidly for 9 hours straight. Unfortunately, when I took Ambien every night, it stopped working for me, so now I switch it up and take melatonin when I don't take Ambien, but that doesn't even work for me anymore. One bottle of 30 10mg pills lasts me 4 months, and I need to keep stretching it out like this because Army medical does not like to keep giving patients Ambien, even though multiple doctors have seen that it is the only thing that helps me sleep, and obviously I am not addicted because I can go days without taking it."

dawn19825 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Zolpidem 10mg; generic that looked like Ambien. My pharmacy switched to another generic version, still 10mg, however after a week of this version I'm CONVINCED there are differences in generics. This new form doesn't seem to work for me like the original Zolpidem that I had been taking, I will request they use the old version or will be switching pharmacies."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Only medication that allows me to get about 7 hours of deep sleep. No sleepwalking, sleep eating or dreams.... Just solid sleep. After a while it doesn't keep me asleep the entire time so I cut back for a while. I've taken every benzo and besides xanax, this works the best."

slickwilly (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien is the only thing that has worked for me to sleep. The only problem is is I get withdrawals and anxiety during the day."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2018

For Insomnia: "Dr prescribed for one week on 10mg as nothing else seemed to work. Got around 5 to 6 hrs sleep per night definitely a lot better than others I've tried. Just not looking forward to trying to get sleep without them."

Nicola131276 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "From a child I have had problems sleeping, as a teen I would be awake all night laying in bed and have to go to school next day. Well in my twenties and thirties I gave up working as couldn't sleep well. Yeah I took sominex stuff over counter and would get a few hours of good sleep. But when I got to 40 years old I so stressed No sleep was killing me and I was so anxious and panic attacks were getting so bad I wouldn't leave house. So I told my doc I gotta have something and he gave me Ambien and small does of Xanax. That was 13 years ago. I go in every six months for bloodwork and all is fine and Ambien gave me my life back again. I sleep only 5-6 hours on 10 mg but that works for me. But yesterday he said after he gave me six month script that he don't' know how longer he can give it unless I go see a psychiatrist or go for sleep study. Govt is cracking down."

wilmaweiny February 3, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I'm a 77 yr-old maIe. I have been taking Ambien/zolpidem for 10 years, 10 mg at first, then 5 mg last 2 years on MD advice, then last year cut down to 2.5 mg (1/2-5mg tab) with 1/2-25mg doxylamine succ. tab. This combo has worked well but on occasion, if I awakened and could not go back to sleep I either take other half of zolp. or other 1/2 of doxy. and go back to sleep after about 15 minutes. I feel fine with 8 or 9 hrs of sleep. Recently, PCP has prescribed 100 mg. gabapentin due to concerns over long-term dangers of zolp. I am concerned that gabap. will have no useful sleep help as its use as a sleep med is off-label. I had no benefits from trazadone which is a useless drug in my opinion (retired psychologist). Lunesta, trazadone and Sonata were not helpful either. I am going to try the gabapentin, but I am not very optimistic about efficacy. I have NONE of the labelled conditions, but I'm willing to see what a couple or three weeks use will bring."

DocCasey (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Ambien 10 mg for two weeks. Every time I take the pill it takes me one to two hours to fall asleep. I sleep for about five hours then I’m awake and can’t fall back asleep.I do wake up refreshed and rested. Just wish I could get 7-8 hours. Other than that problem I think it works great."

Ratzking January 30, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have extreme chronic muscle pain that prevents me from falling asleep. Zolpidem helps put me to sleep at least five out of every seven nights. I am also on Mirtazapine @ 15 mg's (an anti-depressant also used for sleep and certain types of pain). I find if I'm not a little drowsy, and my chronic pain is not lessened when I take the zolpidem, I won't fall asleep. I take the Mirtazapine three hours before bed, and then the zolpidem two hours later. I'm generally drowsy and experiencing less pain by then. After the zolpidem dose, usually asleep within an hour. For pain patients, I highly recommend the Mirtazapine/zolpidem combination. The quality of sleep is good as well, and I don't feel drugged or groggy in the morning."

Campaigner8 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2018

For Insomnia: "Puts me to sleep, but causes me to wake hourly through night and morning. Have broken 3 bones while on this medication, no recollection of what happened. Pretty scary, won't be taking again."

KatieAndr (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "Used to take this drug works great in beginning, 2 years later not good. Went off myself 3 rd night and hardly 3 hours sleep, nausea throwing up, but the fog is cleared! Don't have a choice ran out of medicine I'll find new alternative."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 14, 2018

For Insomnia: "10mg. Woke to the smell of paint fumes & it tasted like I'd sprayed black spray paint in my mouth. ! Gargled cold water, spit it out a few times .Family woke me naked in recliner in morning."

OGQtx70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2018