User Reviews for Zolpidem

Insomnia
7.3

Summary of Zolpidem reviews 7.3 728 reviews

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have suffered with chronic insomnia since last year so my doctor gave me 10mg Ambien to try and I have to say it does work quick (within 20 mins) and I reckon it gives me between 4 and 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep before I wake. Some nights it works better than others, weird but not sure why despite empty stomach. However I only take it about 2 or 3 nights a week but on the nights I don't take it I have a really crazy nightmares but in between them I toss and turn for hours. So I can understand out of desperation people take this medication every night because of the problems when you stop taking it. I came off it for 2 weeks and it took about a week for me to get a reasonable night's sleep and that's despite not taking it every night. So whilst this drug is extremely effective for sleep onset insomnia it does seem to affect the body longer than the professionals say as like I mentioned about the lingering sleep troubles after you stop taking it. So my advice is take sparingly."

LiamCK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

For Insomnia: "My experience with Ambien started in 2008. I was going through some rough times in my life. I was depressed and could not sleep well. My doc prescribed me Ambien 5mg "for a couple of months". A few years later the dose was increased to 10 and then to 20mg. I was taking it for 10 years with a few short breaks here and there. Now I'm finally on my route to get it out of my system. January-July I was taking only 5mg a night. The withdrawal is REAL. I have all the symptoms possible. I could not function too well, so I took 2 weeks off from work. I wake up after 4-5hrs of sleep and am unable to fall back asleep. I have flu like symptoms. I lose balance. I cannot think straight as my brain is foggy. But I'm staying strong. I'm 5 days Ambien free. Pls, take it only if it is your last resort and NEVER let it control you."

amistal81 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 7, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I took this medicine for only 3 months. At first I was amazed by it's effectiveness but I only slept for 4 hours and was having some anxiety attack the day after. I was calling this drug : the chemical lobotomy . Highly addictive because you don't want to stop this magical affect of falling asleep after 10 minutes of taking it. It took me a few attempts to be able to stop it. When it did stop working after 3 months and I was needing 2 pills to fall asleep , I simply stopped and replaced it with xanax . Too expensive also. Harmful for the gums and teeth. There is a type of sugar in it and because it melt under the tongue , the sugar residue stay there for the night, your teeth and gums will degrade. Try to find something else. Also , I had to drive my kid to school the morning after and I was not really straight , I didn't like to drive the morning after. Dangerous."

sirius1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I suffer from anxiety and Ambien does give me at least 5 hours of sleep. Without it I wake up at least 4 times a night to use the restroom, which I'm surprised I don't wet the bed! I have not had any significant side effects. Sometimes I'll forget to do something and fight off the Ambien and I start thinking of weird trippy thoughts, and that's when I realize it's the ambien and hit the hay. There has been 2 nights in the last 4 months that I woke up shivering and sweaty but getting some sleep is better than risking the cold sweats. I recently tried sleeping without Ambien....and was awake for 48 hours. I would not say I have grown an addiction to it, but without it I fear that I will never sleep. I do not have an addictive personality at all. I do notice I am hungry all day. Haven't gained any weight though so that could be nothing. If I drink or eat before Ambien (I rarely drink) I feel it is less effective. There is risk with every medicine. If you need sleep it is worth a shot."

Sleepygirl August 5, 2018

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "They had me on ambien 10.5 for thirty day. It never worked for me. Now he has me taking Ambien CR which is not any better. Ambien seems like a sugar pill as far as I can tell. Think twice before paying for it!!!!"

Dennis (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "I tried zopiclone then flurezapam and finally Ambien. Thankfully the Ambien worked. I have suffered from insomnia for years but now I can sleep"

Ceejay (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien saved my life. I’ve suffered from severe panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and Phobias since I was 5 and 6. I was also diagnosed with ADHD when I was 11. The anxiety has come and gone and I have been on 25 MGs. Of Zoloft for years. Well, I’m 21 now and thought that I could get off my anxiety meds about a year ago and boy was I wrong. It was fine for about a year but in December something snapped and I was in a full fledged panic mode. I couldn’t eat or sleep or even function. I felt like I was dying. Anyways, my dad used to take ambien for travel and he happened to have some left. I was in a fit and was bawling cause of sleep deprivation and he’s like here, take half of one of these. I took my first 5mgs of ambien and I could sleep! I cried when I woke up cause I started to feel better. I then got my own prescription and eventually I didn’t need them and I went back to normal. I have some in case of emergencies, but I don’t need to take it every night."

danicalifornia July 15, 2018

For Insomnia: "My experience of Zolpidem is like many on here, I take 10mg every 3 nights for example if I take it on Monday night I will have a break until Thursday and so on, that way my body does not get addicted to it. For me it starts to work in as little as 10 mins when relaxation kicks in then the full affects begin around 20 mins, but if you are not in bed you can begin to have balance issues when walking, similar to being drunk and there's been times when I have had amnesia if I have not got in bed straight after taking this drug. Been times when I have taken one and then been reading in the lounge before bed and the next thing I remember is waking up 6 hours later in bed, not remembering how I got here or turning the lights off (thankfully I did turn them off I just don't remember!) - it is a powerful drug so always remember to take it as you get into bed or you will be at the risk of having amnesia. Overall it works quickly and is the most effective sleeping medication I have taken."

Gaz1985 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Insomnia: "Been using for several years. 12.5mg XR. Some memory issues but it's effective. The 5mg and 10mg don't keep me asleep all night."

RM (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "I started taking ambien 10 years ago. I even call her amber because she is my best friend. I had trouble sleeping at night since I was a child. So when I got pregnant it got worst. After birth the doctor prescribed me ambien and It has change my life. Because despite the works difficulties I know as long as I had it I was promise to a good night rest. Now it does have long term side effects, like digestive problem and anxiety. But it goes and comes. I would recommend this drug to anybody but be careful it acts different on everybody"

Mrs. Floyd (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Prescribed for over 10 years. Had to cut dosage in 1/2 due to recall difficulties. Binge eating an understatement. Works well for chronic insomnia even with moderate caffeine intake. Need to take rest position almost immediately after nightly dosage or medicine benefits pass unnoticed."

Hammer2x (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2018

For Insomnia: "Torrent brand is the only generic that works for me. Teva brand does not work at all. I have been taking this for 15 years with no side effects at all. All you have to do is ask your pharmacist for this brand."

Trish (taken for 10 years or more) June 25, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien is a miracle drug, in my opinion. It can become addictive and you can build up a tolerance for it, but that doesn't have to be the case. It happened to me several years ago when I was taking 10mg each and every night over a period of several months. During the past two or three years, I've been taking a maximum of 5mg a couple of times a week. More often than not, I break a 5mg tablet in half, and that does the trick. I have not become addicted to it again. I simply take the pill about 15 minutes before going to bed, and then I drift off peacefully and sleep soundly until morning. When I wake up, I don't feel drugged or still drowsy. I feel refreshed. When used sensibly, Ambien can be a godsend."

Katzpur (taken for 10 years or more) June 25, 2018

For Insomnia: "I haven't been able to sleep for weeks. I take zolpidem every night . I lay in bed and have thoughts and no REM sleep. I've tried a muscle relaxer Flexeril with it and still nothing. Tonight I took an Ativan. It did nothing. I can't function and do a lot of physical work outside all day sweat and still can't sleep. I have to make a 16 hour drive and I'm afraid I will crash. I have a lot of stress in my life. I stopped smoking pot about a month ago. I also stopped taking my anti depressants. I feel like a zombie. I started drinking beer to see if mixing the beer and zolpidem worked. It didn't. I'm losing my mind and stressed out. I watch every hour go by. I've been getting bit by buffalo gnats working outside everyday. Why won't my body just shut down. I don't normally drink soda but bc I've been drinking a mountain dew for caffeine since I don't drink coffee. I also drink Gatorade everyday at least 2 bottles. But I sweat a lot in the heat working. . What the hell am I supposed to do ?"

John J (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Everyone please be aware that Ambien has very dangerous side effects. I was placed on it for insomnia. I took a dose one night before bed one night. My husband, I landed up becoming very agitated, running up and down the stairs and around the house, you could do anything and not remembering one bit of this the next day. I became very scared after hearing this and immediately stopped it and told my doctor of this adverse reaction. Be aware of this dangerous drug reaction!"

Kim June 7, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been on Ambien for several months. It helps me fall asleep."

Insomniac (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Yes I was given Ambien and I awoke and had heavy chest pain. Just a side effect my Dr said and keep taking it. Odd tho was I took one and I awoke after ony a few hours of sleep. So I'd like to know how many hours of sleep do u get off Ambien? Odd too that with the lack of sleep also I found myself saying thing and things that I normally don't say or do - not the real me."

NOT A DRUGGIE (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "I don’t know why this drug is on the market. At first I was brushing off reports of sleepwalking and other issues because it hadn’t happened to me. About 6 months into taking zolpidem, I experienced sexual parasomnia and memory loss. Thought it was a one off, it was helping me sleep so I didn’t entirely mind. It just got worse and worse. At one point I’d ripped up a bunch of homework (I’m in college) and destroyed other things. Then the hallucinations started. I was seeing bugs in my house, a dead mouse in my bf’s shoe, an animal carcass (it was a blanket), etc. I actually called the police to report that there were people in my house that wouldn’t leave (I am extremely embarrassed by this), was trying to get a dog to come to me to see if it had a tag (it was a campaign sign), thought my dad had come over (haven’t spoken in 2 yrs). It was awful. My boyfriend flushed the pills down the toilet but it took ~3 days for me to finally stop hallucinating."

KJC May 31, 2018

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I stopped taking Ambien because I had built up a tolerance to it. I waited a year and tried it again in the CR version. It made me fall asleep but only allowed me to sleep for a few hours which is more than I was getting."

Momma416 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I took the quick release Ambien for 5 years. It worked great for sleep. I did have some bad side effects of doing things on Ambien that I don't remember the next day. It's similar to amnesia. I would take long grocery shopping trips and not remember them the next day. Things you have done just don't even exist in your memory so be careful only take them when you are in a safe situation. I give is an 8 because I did sleep--but the side effects were pretty bad."

Momma416 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 31, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Awesome! 2.5 mg almost every night has improved my life! I can get a solid 7-8 hours sleep regularly. The health benefits of this can not be underestimated! Ambien in not addictive. You can build up tolerance, but taking a low dosage regularly will cause better sleep patterns, therefore no need to increase dosage. The onset is quick, 30 minutes, and you wake up well rested. The health benefits of solid regular sleep (lower risk of heart disease, less stress and anxiety, more alert driving) should not be underestimated! Take the lowest dosage that works and stay on it. Stop listening to people who freak out when they hear Ambien. It has far fewer side effects than most other drugs. Melatonin is unregulated here, Tylenol PM dries out mucous membranes due to the benedryl and the chronic use of tylenol is tough on your liver. Xanax, Clonopine, etc. are benzodiazapines and can be addictive. Ambien is safe, effective and a lifesaver for chronic insomniacs."

kara May 27, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I’ve been on Ambien for 3 years. I started taking it during lots of international travel to help me sleep on planes. I continue taking it now for help with sleep. I take 10mg two to three times a week. When I first started taking it, it didn’t do much to put me to sleep, but it definitely helped keep me asleep. 3 years later, this stuff knocks me out and keeps me sound asleep for 6-7 hours. Contrary to other posts, I have never felt the slightest dependency or addiction to Ambien. It is a wonderful product."

JD (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Only thing that works for sleep."

Sandilikeabeach (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2018

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I break it up into teeny tiny pieces and it helps me fall asleep. Sometimes I take as little as 1.66 mg but 2.5 mg is my fave. I don't have trouble staying asleep, just falling asleep due to ADHD and an overactive procrastinating mind. When I used to take more of it, I would get rebound and wake up 5 hours later not being able to sleep. I don’t get that with smaller doses, sometimes I take it if I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t sleep. It does cause me to have bad skin if I take it too much. Clogs my pores big time. Very expensive stuff."

Teeny bit (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "Yes, it can work for years without impacting your life but it does catch up with you and eventually you can end up addicted beyond belief. Don't take this drug for long as the withdrawal symptoms are shocking. I've been taking this drug for six years and weaned off 6 months ago but I still feel vulnerable and ready to use another 60grms plus in a heartbeat. It makes xanax look like a walk in the park to withdraw from."

penelope (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 9, 2018