User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 637 reviews 107 medications

7.4
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 637 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been taking Ambien for almost 10 years and it works like a charm for me. I was prescribed Ambien following the murder of my only child. A year later my husband of 40 years was diagnosed with ALS. I am a full-time working caregiver and sleep would be elusive if not for Ambien. I am now 61 years young and healthy as a horse. Unfortunately, Express Scripts, BCBS or my employer is making it almost impossible for me to get a Rx filled. I am very frustrated!! People are different and Rxs work differently on all of us ! I know Ambien works for me."

GardenJoy (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I took ambien while I was in the hospital and it helped! However I have taking it for 2 nights here at home it took me 5 hours to fall asleep. Then I was up in 2 hours! Will it get better"

Tx girl (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien or 'Zolped...' was terrible. I started hallucinating. Now, I do drink caffeine in the morning but it should not have this koo koo effect. My ceiling turned into peaceful, lit-up jellyfish tentacles and my pillow turned into a moving/billowing cloud of a worm. Pretty crazy but that is what I saw when I took this crap. I was dazed... it didn't initially help me fall asleep. Perhaps I'm allergic to Ambien, I have no idea. I believe I took it with 5 or 10mg of melatonin. Whew... that was a cocktail to go nuts. Stick with Tamazepam (Restoril)... way better"

Sunrise1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I'm a 68 year-old male and I've taken this drug for almost 10 years and it has helped me enormously. I have had no side effects yet my doctor now says he wants me to get off it. I asked why and he said Ambien is dangerous. After 10 years now it's dangerous? I now am cutting down to 1/4 of 5mg and it is not working. I asked what options do I have and he said "natural sleep is best" Thanks, doctor."

dondo747 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Zolpidem is OK (not great) as as sleeping aid. I do experience a rather weird side effect: sleepwalking and sleepeating. Every morning my fridge looks as if the locusts have feasted (fortunately I don't have a weight problem)"

Sleepless Andy May 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I absolutely love Ambien. Love it. However, building up a tolerance sucks, the drug testing sucks, having to have a doctors appointment monthly to get a prescription sucks, and knowing I'm taking something I know I could become dependent on sucks. No groggy mornings, if taken within a half hour of going to bed I can fall asleep easily, and a few funny text conversations to wake up to. I have tried SO many things and this is so far the only one that has even helped."

MelseyKiller (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Got a recipe for insomnia. It makes me sleep great but during the day I feel like garbage and very depressed! Crying a lot! I don't recommend it."

pnc (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I'm taking this medication as prescibe by my doctor it has not helped at all in fact the third time taking it I did not feel sleepy nor did I fall asleep"

Nochange May 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been on it two years it has been wonderful for me the only downside is the tolerence I've buliding up my doctor put me on Lunesta last night and I do not like it it did not work it makes me feel like garbage all day I want is to go back to my Ambien already!"

Anonymous35 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I began taking Ambien 15 years ago I stopped it while I was pregnant with my first child and then ended up going back on it from lack of sleep for so long. I took it again first time 6 1/2 years before becoming pregnant again and then had to stop it. When my youngest son was a year and a half old I started taking it again because I could not sleep longer than an hour. When I first started taking Ambien I think the chemical compound was a different because back then I would eat in my sleep, cook meals in my sleep, but then after going off of it and going back on it I believe the formulation changed. I have not had any of those issues for over 13 years. Taking it on empty stomach makes a huge difference."

Collinevin1980 (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I take 10mg of Zolpidem at night and it works in about 30 minutes. I sleep so much better and it does not make me groggy the next day. It takes a couple weeks of use to work really well. It trains your body to sleep."

Sleepy now (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've had chronic insomnia most of my life, I took ambien 10mgs for 6 yrs it helped me so much to lead productive life, sleeping at night waking up in the morning with really no bad side effects, I don't live in the US anymore and ambien isn't available I think due the bad rap it gets by complainer"s, while people like myself who have benefitted from it aren't as likely to review a drug, they haven't had a problem with - just human nature. I've tried a whole host of anti-depresents & other sedatives 7-8 none are as effective and have more side effects than ambien"

AnthonyEU (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 19, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I take 10mg ambien, 3mg klonipin and 100mg of Seroquel. Sleep pretty good most of the time. A bit groggy in the morning but nothing a shot of coffee won't fix"

qwewqe April 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I just tried ambien last night for the first time since not getting any more than 2-3 hrs of sleep and I didn't take the recommended amount of 5mg I took 10mg n it worked perfect for me no side affects of being drowsy in the morning nothing slept right through the night and woke up like a new refreshed woman."

Katilya April 6, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: " I hate the doctors that prescribe ambien to patients like me. They are putting patent's life in danger. I know some people taking this pill during the day too and they take way too much . It is adicctive"

Mavina (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was given ambien 5mg tablets while I was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery and ambien actually kept me wide awake!"

Lucia1999 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I have taken Zolpidem 10 mg for years and the generic brand worked okay. Recently I changed insurance and had to switch pharmacies Their Zolpidem is made by Teva. It doesn't work. I have had so many sleepless nights. I feel there aren't any active ingredients in this brand. Has anyone else had a problem with Teva?"

DALICE (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I find ambien to take the edge off at night but not make me sleep. I'm also on seroquel for bipolar and that helps much better for sleep. I feel like I took a benadryl when I took ambien."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "After years of being a zombie I found a psychiatrist who prescribed it for me and I changed into a functioning person. I've never had a bad experience. I only take 5 mg a night, 10 if I wake up in the middle of the night. I never take more and about half the time 5 mg is enough."

Lynda G (taken for 10 years or more) March 20, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I'm 23 got I just got presrecribed 10 mg ambien for sleep . is was probably the best sleeping thing for meds I've had for insomnia. I've never had any weird experience or others problems either. Even though I've been on it for 6 months now."

Someone864 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "wish I know about ringing of the ears that this drug may have caused. I hope I can quit on my own. Feel like I have the flu after 72 hours from last dose."

b_rad (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed 5mg ambien after 3 months of not getting more than 2-3 hours of sleep in each 24 hour period. I had tried benadryl, hydroxyzine, and Valium previously, all of which kept me wide awake. I took the 5mg right before bed, as instructed, and laid there awake all night. The next night I decided to try 1 1/2 (7.5 mg) as I keep reading horror stories about 10mg. I took it, waited about 10 minutes, then went to bed. It took me over an hour to fall asleep, but once I did, I'm thrilled to say I slept all night! Unfortunately even after a full night of sleep it was very hard to wake up. I'd wake up then doze back off. That happened several times for about an hour. Once I was able to wake up enough to get up, I was fine"

Djd79nc (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My experience with ambien was not very good. Ambien is a pretty terrible sleep aid and I'm sure you'd be better with little sleep and tired, Than waking up feeling like crap all day and tired. It makes me feel pretty rubbish all day and it only last like 4 hours, So I'll wake up 3 or 4 hours later super tired and can't go back to sleep. Your body Builds tolerance to this drug very fast, After the 4th or 5th time of using it, it's effects are very very minimal. Also if you suffer from acid reflex, this drug will make it 10 times worse. If your desperate for sleep, This drug will make you sleep, but with great consequences."

Xavier byrd February 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been on this medication for 5 years. I take one 10 mg pill probably 3 times a month. I get 5 hours of sleep. I have never experienced any side affects, I only wish I could get at least 7 hours. My new insurance does not cover it without prior authorization. More paperwork,or phone call for my Doctor."

A new you (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I take 5mg at night to sleep, without them I have to take any other night time medicine but these don't work near as well! They do not effect me in the morning, and my fiancé knows not to wake me until at least 7 hours have passed. I have had no troubles, though he did say I've been laughing and talking in my sleep!"

H_dub February 9, 2017