User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 612 reviews 109 medications

7.5
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 612 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Zolpidem

For Insomnia: "I take 5mg at night to sleep, without them I have to take any other night time medicine but these don't work near as well! They do not effect me in the morning, and my fiancé knows not to wake me until at least 7 hours have passed. I have had no troubles, though he did say I've been laughing and talking in my sleep!"

H_dub February 9, 2017

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien was very dangerous for me. I was prescribed 10mg for about 5 years. One night I took 1 right before bed like I always had and woke up the next morning with vomit all over my house and an empty pill bottle on my night stand. I took a heap 10mg of Ambien and had zero memory of doing this. It absolutely terrified me. I now take 100mg of doxepin and sleep through the night without a hangover in the morning. Use Ambien with caution. If you have any worries please try to find something else."

LeaJJ January 26, 2017

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It helped me sleep, but only 4 hrs with 10 mg dosage"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

For Insomnia: "This drug is my god now. Zolpidem bless us all."

C.B. Slug January 25, 2017

For Insomnia: "Teva brand does not work well at all. Lucky to get 6 hours sleep w this manufacturers. Northstar brand works. Sleep peacefully all night."

Anonymous January 20, 2017

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Take ambien 12.5 MG at 10pm every night for insomnia past several years. In the past 3 weeks I wake up at 2pm; wide awake; unable to go back to sleep. I would switching to ambien 10 MG help me sleep through night. I have taken ambien 10 MG in the past and few times; I think I slept longer."

Lulutake (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2017

For Insomnia: "Can usually get to sleep in about an hour and the then only sleep about two hours. Cannot get back to sleep. What can I do to get better should I be able to get back to sleep"

Macg January 6, 2017

For Insomnia: "I had terrible insomnia.....this medicine has improved my quality of life immensely"

rohise33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2017

For Insomnia: "It works great. I was prescribed 10mg, but I cut them in half and take 5mg instead. Why? I only need to get that tired feeling, not to be knocked out like I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled out. You take it at night, get in bed right after you take it and wait for it to kick in. Of course you're going to get dizzy if you're looking at your phone or binge watching on Netflix, while it's kicking in. So don't do that, haha! If you're afraid that you'll get addicted to it, I mean come on, it's not like it's xanax . And if you are still afraid to take it, there's also this thing called "exercise." It makes you tired and the worst side effect is losing weight."

J dilla January 1, 2017

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien is like a little piece of heaven in a pill. I have been on 12.5 Cr since 2009. Before this I tried all the others. Ambien is the only drug that helps me fall asleep. I recommend this drug."

Here4u2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2017

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Was having problem sleeping due to Lyrica withdrawal, Took Zolpidem for only 5 days, the first 9 days after going off sleep ok, by day 10 got 4 hrs, day 11 3 hrs, day 12 1 1/2 hrs, OMG, skin burning & tingling can't take this. How much longer must I go through this "Hell", can't stop crying & can't enjoy Christmas. "

Neicey5 December 21, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "On the business class sleeper seat plane to NY, the last conscious thing I remember after taking Ambien was my head resting on the pillow about an hour after the meal service and then waking up in bed in the apartment. How did I collect my coat and things, aware to pack the airline amenity kit and water bottle into the knapsack that was in the overhead bin, deplane and walk far to passport control, use the passport kiosk that requires me to type in on the touchscreen, Thailand, and collect the customs print out and then go to a carousel and collect my bag among all the other bags revolving around, hand my printout to the customs agent and find where to catch the Newark airport bus in the winter cold. How long did I wait for the bus? Did I open my suitcase inside the terminal to take out my sweater, scarf, and wool knit hat to wear --all which were packed in the suitcase. Upon waking up in the apartment the sweater was on the couch, the scarf on a chair, and the knit hat in my knapsack. Once on the bus I had to have reached in my pocket for my wallet that had my return bus ticket. The ticket wasn't in my wallet in the apartment. Once off the bus at Port Authority, how did I hail a taxi, put the stuff in the trunk and tell him where to go? My credit card statement indicates I swiped the card to pay for the taxi home. Once outside my apartment, I had to reach into my knapsack for my keys attached to a clip and open the door. The keys were found on the coffee table when woke up in bed. My coat and jacket were on the bathroom floor indicating that once inside the apartment I rushed to the bathroom. I obviously opened my suitcase as it was found wide open and a of box anticongestion and a bottle of allergy pills that I remember packing in the suitcase in Bangkok were now found on the kitchen counter. From remembering my head on the airplane pillow to waking up in my bed, everything is a blank, hours blank."

Don't remember how I got home (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I, a 21 yeard old male, was prescribed 10 mg ambien a few weeks ago for insomnia. I've dealt with insomnia for several years, I'd lie in bed with my eyes closed for 10 hours and would often not sleep for a second. Or if I did, it was for an hour or 2 and I rarely felt rested. Beforehand, I tried many sleeping aids (Melatonin, Belsomra, Trazadone) and nothing worked. Within 20 minutes of taking ambien for the first time I was out like a light and slept 8+ hours for the first time in years. However, I've been more recently experiencing the problem of not only waking up feeling groggy, but feeling that throughout the day. Even 8+ hours and a significant amount of caffeine later, I feel far less attentive than I was when I was sleep deprived."

SleepelessEverywhere (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed Ambien for insomnia. It later became a problem as I continued to build a tolerance for it. I am no longer taking and have been off the medicine this week. Following are reasons that I stopped taking it. I lost my job, got arrested, picked up a felony charge for prescription fraud, among other consequences due to my dependency on the drug. In short, DO NOT TAKE ANY FORM of Z -PILLS. I lost a very good job with the government and can no longer return to the job due to Ambien and Lunesta. I have a master's degree and still cannot find work due to the felony charge. Please take it from me, this drug will progressively ruin your life. It should be taken off of the market."

Chuckie 007 December 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "Very effective with no side effects. Dosage 5mg. Sometimes I take only half a pill (2.5mg) and find that is effective for going back to sleep if I wake up and am unable to go back to sleep during the night."

Steve9999 November 29, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was a body builder and personal trainer active in my career until I got a kidney removed due to a tumor and was diagnosed with hypothyroid at 65. My GP did not wanted to give Ambien, instead he prescribed some other medication for psychotic people and I stopped it. Another doctor gave the Ambien, which I have been taking, 5mg. However, lately is giving me headaches, I wake up a few times at night and can't go back to sleep. Feel tired and disconnected. I need to stop and I am afraid of the process."

N1949 November 29, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed Ambien, then later Ambien CR, for several years for insomnia. Wow! Just like I'd heard about -- take the pill and 20 minutes later I was out. Didn't really experience "hangover" the next day, but then I allowed myself 7 +/- hours of sleep. Then, it happened: woke up one morning and my kitchen was somewhat of a mess but I didn't remember being up or making tuna salad on toast. That happened a few more times before I weaned myself off Ambien. Haven't had a good night's sleep since. I've been prescribed a few different sleep meds but haven't had any success. Tried OTC diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Motrin PM) with Melatonin and began not remembering simple words, appointments, etc."

YouSee (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for : "Yes it works real good im addicted to it. I have been taking it for the last 4 years. It works better on a empty stomach. But I don't recommend taking it every night are you will get addicted to it like me. And since I have been on it for 4 years I have found other ways to make it work faster and better, ! The down side on taking the prescribe drug is can't remembering nothing the next day. My wife have told me some of the crazy things I have done while on Ambien and I don't be remembering none of the crazy things she says. So if you take Ambien I suggest you get in the bed and stay in the bed. I will be trying to go cold turkey to get off the drug!"

Country Man (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "After getting it and reading on the Internet about it I was worried about taking it, but you know, Internet tends to dramatize thing. Been taking it for years now and still works amazingly, knocks me out in 20 minutes reliably, and keeps me down a good 8 hours. I've never felt hangover effects from it whatsoever. In fact its quite the opposite; because when you're not used to getting a decent night of rest, when you do, you're damn right you'll feel great. Everyone is different and it's compatability with you simply has to be tested. All the Internet horror stories on this drug are inapplicable for my case. My only problem is, doctors are very stingy with dealing adequate amounts due to dependancies. Yes I'm addicted, I'm addicted to sleep."

The Tim That Hasn't Reviewed (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

Edluar (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I tried edluar for insomnia and found that it works very quickly about 15 minutes using the sublingual pill. Not a bad taste. I prefer it when I need to get to bed quickly. It can give u munchies if u try to fight the sleepiness. But great for flying or car trips. Doesn't always last more than 5 hours but quick onset is worth it. Take and go to bed immediately for it to work properly!"

Diazdayz (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I overdosed on Ambien. Don't remember much of what happened but i wrecked my car, got pulled over. I do remember waking up at 10pm thinking it was 10am and I was late for school thats why I drove. I didnt go to the hospital. It's weird that I dont remember much like who I talked to or what I said. Traumatizing."

kgt1991 (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have severe insomnia. My therapist prescribed me 10 mg Ambien as a short term solution. I was so amazed and excited to SLEEP! Within 20 minutes, I just fell asleep and it was so wonderful. She had warned me of sleepwalking. But I told her "that was impossible because I had never done that in my 65 years of live"! In my 5th week of taking Ambient, I woke up with the taste of blood in my mouth, a loose tooth, a skinned knee, and bruised shoulder. Yes, I had walked in my sleep, sat in a chair and fell out of it face first. Luckily, one of my granddaughter's was spending the night and witnessed the incident. So, if you are naive like me and think it cannot happen to you, please think about it. Good luck "

Donnakake (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I'm a 19 year old female and I suffer from insomnia. I talked to my doctor about my horrid sleeping habits. I have a rough time falling asleep and when I do I only get about an hour of sleep. His first thought was to prescribe a 5mg dose of ambien. I was shocked as my knowledge of the drug was that it had a heavy impact and could cause you to not remember the night you took it. When I got home that night I got ready for bed, took the dose, and laid down. After an hour or so it finally kicked in but all it did was give me a sense of not being in the correct mindset. Just being a bit off. It didn't help me fall asleep whatsoever. In fact it caused me to remain alert and awake. My results were the complete opposite of its intended use."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I took generic ambien (not the CR) for just two consecutive nights. While it does work for putting me to sleep and keeping me asleep, I have to say I would not recommend this to people. Just take benadryl or Advil PM. The reason I say this is because it affected (and days later is still affecting) my memory. I am told by a few friends and co-workers of things I did or said (during the daylight hours, work hours) and I honestly don't remember any of it! So for me... I won't take this again just because it scares me. I'm sharp as a tack, I remember and observe everything so this really shocked me."

alohalady (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Tried the brand name a while back and had FULL SCALE hallucinations and memory loss. Being a nurse, I believed there was no difference between generic and brand, but after 15 years of chronic TERRIBLE insomnia, I gave the generic a try. While I didn't have the horrid side effects, 10mg will put me to sleep well, but not stay asleep. The controlled release helps me stay asleep, but it takes hours to fall asleep. My doc prescribed 5mg of the immediate and 6.25 controlled, and as long as I don't use it every day (taking a day off here and there which kills me) it works for about 4-5 hours of sleep, which depending on how desperate you are is plenty. Plus the price can't be beat."

JeccaLeigh (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 18, 2016