User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Zolpidem Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 107 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Zolpidem to treat Insomnia

Ambien CR (zolpidem): "I've been on ambien CR for over 10 years, then all of a sudden the doctors want to change things up, tried 5 mg, didn't work, now on 6.25 and kind of working but only get 30 days worth and they keep telling me I have to get off it....why??? Don't screw with what works, now my anxiety is worse never knowing if I can get my meds to sleep...."

Cz94 September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had bad dreams headache when I woke up feeling like I didn't sleep feeling tired when I woke up"

Anonymous September 16, 2017

"Works wonders"

Insomniac50 September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It has really assisted me with falling asleep and I do not have the sleepy groggy effect the next day."

Newbie2017 September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "I have had amnestic episodes: I have had conversations with my spouse that at time were extremely distressing to him- the next day I would have no memory the discussions. I have walked in my sleep. A few times I was saved from hurting myself e.g. thinking (telling him) that I was going to the bathroom but starting to sit down before I got there and luckily caught by my husband - or I might have struck my head if he had not caught me. ( I didn't remember those times as well). But my strange behavior started to worry my husband -a loving and devoted spouse.I have gone onto the internet while on Ambien and bought items. At first I was puzzled by unexpected deliveries of whatever I had bought- I realized the impact of Ambien on my life."

ellen Flynn M.D. (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taken 10mg of zolpadiem a night and sleep very well although some nite I have really bad dreams but at least I'm getting some sleep now as I wasn't sleeping at all and nothing else worked apart from theses"

Quinnsworth (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "I work in a hospital with long hours that can vary between days. When I finally got home and needed to sleep, I'd be kept up with adrenaline from the shift. I started Ambien and was pretty happy with it. I would be out like a light for a solid 7-8 hours and wake up 100% refreshed with no hangover side effects like I get with benadryl or melatonin. You might wake up and eat something weird some nights and not remember but I just look at it as entertainment... 10mg/night...stay up for about an hour and get the "high" people say and then put yourself down for some incredible relaxed sleep."

Ambienruler August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Would not be here without it. I am 87."

casblanca August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I found this to be most helpful. I fall asleep within 20minutes and awake feeling alert and rested. I function better in the day with a full nights sleep."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking zolpidem several months after my son was KIA in Afghanistan, almost 7 years ago. My son's death along with menopause has me feeling like I will never fall sleep naturally again. This works incredibly well! I take 10mg after I'm in bed and am deeply a asleep within 15 to 20 minutes. I wake up refreshed and ready for the day ahead. I have never had any of the possible side effects that many others have listed. Reading the potential side effects that some people experience, I do get a little concerned, but since I have never had an issue with this drug, I plan to keep taking it for as long as I need it. I've tried other sleep medications and they all have terrible side effects for me."

Loveybelle (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "It works!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "It made me feel angry, lonely and my depression was worsened. After 2 weeks of taking this I knew something was wrong with me. I paid 29.95 for a month supply and threw away most."

Coot (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am so happy to finally be able to sleep at night. Thank you."

Sopranodiva (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking 10 mg. every night for over a year. I used to be a napper sleeping 2hrs on and 2 hrs. off, sometimes I would stay awake for 3 days at a time. I'm prescribed 10 mg. nightly, I sleep thru the night and feel rested the next day with no hangover effect. I do not take it if I feel I can sleep without it. I have never had an adverse reaction to it. This medication has changed my life."

Kiji July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Very addicting. Destroyed my life. Ok at first for a week or two but then one wouldn't put me to sleep so I started taking two then three then I couldn't sleep at all. It was like my mind was craving it to slow down. Before long my husband was taking way to many. The depression was overwhelming. It is as addictive as cocaine or heroin"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "It's hard for me to fall asleep almost every night. And I'm also a very light sleeper. I don't take it every night (10mg), just when I'm having issues with trying to fall asleep/stay asleep. One of the first times taking it about a year ago, I was visiting my mom. I took the pill and laid down. About 15min later I started sweating and felt really weird! I started hallucinating like crazy!! I was seeing a cat on the bed and then I started seeing people in the room. I then started to freak out and got really scared. I got up to use the bathroom and then fell into the wall. She helped me back to bed. The whole experience was SO scary!! I now take 5mg and it works fine w/ no issues. I think the dose was too much."

ParrotletLover (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "I love ambien! It is the only thing that works for me. A few yrs ago when I started becoming a worse insomniac nothing would work. I remember trying tylonal pm and at first one worked.. then had to bump up to two.. then so on and so on.. until one day I had taken way too many and a Valium and I still wouldn't pass out. I would be all drunk off the meds but it was like the light switch in my head wouldn't turn off. I slept maybe a nap here and there for about a week and was thinking of checking my self into a nutty house because I would drive somewhere without remembering all from lack of sleep. Very long story short ambien is the only thing to me that I take and feels like a natural lay my head down and go to sleep"

AmabienMandy July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication just makes me more frustrated...absolutely not a wink of sleep for two nights in a row. I just feel extremely exhausted but cannot sleep even after taking the pill about 6 hours ago, instead I'm getting a pounding headache"

wide-awake-beauty July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don't underestimate the warning about depression in the pamphlet! Following a traumatic experience, I've been experiencing anxious and depressive episodes for the last couple of months that have cost me restful sleep, but after taking 5 mg of this medication for one night, I hallucinated really terrifying stuff, slept the same or worse than I normally would (woke up 2 hrs later and then slept in short interrupted phases after) and then coped with WAY worse than normal emotional lows, self hatred and horrible suicidal thoughts the next day. Reading other reviews and waiting for the medication to pass helped a lot, and I feel much better now. But never again."

Catsomniac June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "I have had good luck with this drug. Diag with early onset parkinson's in 2010. 46yo. With parkinson's you need a good nights sleep to help repair your brain. For me 1/2 pill does the trick and puts me to sleep for about 5 hours - sure bets laying awake all night."

mjbaz2002 June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This blue generic version of ambien is worthless. Instead of enabling sleep, I become restless and agitated. In addition, I've had a migraine since the pharmacy filled my prescription with this generic. I have degenerative discs in my spine, which is very painful, and need the ambien to sleep. Two weeks now without sleep on these pills."

Avia925 June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on a cross country flight and took ambien in hopes of sleeping through the ordeal. I have severe anxiety when it comes to flying and a (seemingly unattainable) dream of mine is to be able to board, pass out, wake up when we land. I took TWO ambien and was rewarded with some mild symptoms of intoxication, a headache, and a few weepy spells. I thought this medication would do what I needed but now I guess I officially know there's no way to snuff out my nerves."

Jstine June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "This helps you sleep alright, but I would hallucinate before I finally feel asleep. I would do as I was told - take it when I was in bed ready to go to sleep. One night everything turned a soft pink color and I swore my cat was urgently trying to tell me something. Another night I thought my then roommate had a party in the living room after I went to bed. I have friends who take it and do things like make phone calls they don't remember and even cook and eat food. I don't recommend it."

JenF (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "I have been taking Ambien for almost 10 years and it works like a charm for me. I was prescribed Ambien following the murder of my only child. A year later my husband of 40 years was diagnosed with ALS. I am a full-time working caregiver and sleep would be elusive if not for Ambien. I am now 61 years young and healthy as a horse. Unfortunately, Express Scripts, BCBS or my employer is making it almost impossible for me to get a Rx filled. I am very frustrated!! People are different and Rxs work differently on all of us ! I know Ambien works for me."

GardenJoy (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took ambien while I was in the hospital and it helped! However I have taking it for 2 nights here at home it took me 5 hours to fall asleep. Then I was up in 2 hours! Will it get better"

Tx girl (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017