User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Zolpidem.

Zolpidem Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 107 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Zolpidem to treat Insomnia

Ambien (zolpidem): "Ambien is a lifesaver. No matter how tired I am, I can't fall asleep or stay asleep. With Ambien I sleep all night. I have been taking it for about 3 years but I ONLY take 5mg. I think the mistake people make is they take too much. It's not supposed to drug you and make you pass out. It allows you to fall asleep naturally. No need to increase amount. Try it"

Lily P. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "Ambien worked great before it was allowed to become a generic called zolpidem. The generics are much cheaper but, you can wait for hours before it works. Sometimes, it never does. Sadly, I can not find the original Ambien anymore. This leads to sleepless nights."

ryanjenny45 (taken for 10 years or more) November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "It’s been a miracle drug for me for 3 years. Just take it responsibly (I started off 5mg/night, now I’m on 10mg/night), never anything more. 10mg still works for me, even after 2 years of being at this dose. For someone who needs to be functional, productive, and aware in the morning, a good night’s sleep is essential. It might not work for everyone, but as a chronic insomniac since childhood, It’s been a life saver!"

insomniaisNOTfun November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ambien itself is fantastic, never missed a night of sleep and 8 hours a night. On the other hand, this generic zolpidem tartrate is absolute garbage. I've tried for a very, very long time to see if it would work and it never has. I noticed it slowly stopped working when I picked up the new prescription for what I was told would be ambien but was the zolpidem. I do not only barely sleep with it, I do not sleep at all when I take it. Keeps me up until the next night, makes me feel mildly high without sleeping, and they just do not work at all. I've read so many reviews in the past hour or so sharing the same experience. Cheaper is not better when its prescription meds. Someone should tell the moronic Big Pharma companies."

Matchbabynow November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "The first two weeks were great. I was shocked that I slept through the night all week. I woke refreshed, not sleepy at all and just so happy. I even checked there were no antidepressant mixed in the formula. All day, I felt fantastic. Third week is different. I am tired during the day and the evenings, I am so tired I can barely make it to 7pm without feeling like I am going to fall asleep standing up. I have a mild headache most days, like my head feels heavy and my nose is stuffy everyday, but isn't turning into a cold. I had some strange thoughts after taking the half pill 5mg no hallucinations or sleep was at all. I am calling the doctor to check if this is working for me. It really was something great"

MyssL67 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have severe insomnia and I have taken Ambien for several years and it works great. My only complaints are that ever so often there is a “dud” pill and also after about an hour I want to eat something even if I’m not hungry. I can thank Ambien for about 10 pounds of weight gain. All in all I would highly recommend this medicine for a good night sleep."

Works Great! (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have tried so many sleeping meds. I take two 10mg pills every night and some times I take an Imovane 7.5mgs with it. I have chronic insomnia. I not only don't fall asleep but I also don't stay asleep. I find with the Zolpidem, if I eat before I take it the medication is not affective for me, the same with the Imovane. As long as I eat a few hours before I take this medication it works somewhat but better than anything i have tried thus far. I still wake up 3 to 10 times a night but at least it allows me to fall alseep at some point as long as its not on a full stomach. I hope this helps!!"

Lyksfiremen (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It is the best but respect it! Take as instructed--or you will wake up down the road. It is the best sleep pill in town. I've taken it every nite for 10 years. It is bad that it is so needed - but it would be worst if I never got to sleep because then I could not provide for my family. Just thankful for this med"

hard &long hours worker (taken for 10 years or more) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I don't feel the generic ambian that I have been taking for months is affective in helping me sleep. I seem to wake up about every two hours. I would rate this medication a one"

Sleepless in locust grove (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking zolpidem for a few months. I use it between 5-7 nights a week. It's not recommended to take it nightly but it works. I'm 51 years old. Maybe it's addictive but so is sleep! I feel ever so much better the next day. I don't notice any side effects yet."

Atls October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This did nothing for me"

Bee top (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have a script for 10mg pills. I take one before bed about an hour and sleep through the night. I have read others say it does not work and it may not for that individual but it works for me."

edteach (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I find that ambien, with my proper dosing 10mgs to be very effective. 5mgs just doesn't do it. No side effects, give yourself enough time to sleep otherwise you will be drowsy the next day. A good 7+ hours if possible. But everyone's different and some can't if they wanted to, sleep that long."

Neauxlababy (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The pill Zolpidem ‘s dosing is inconsistent with each pill. I cannot sleep!"

Cloverbehive October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien CR (zolpidem): "I've been on ambien CR for over 10 years, then all of a sudden the doctors want to change things up, tried 5 mg, didn't work, now on 6.25 and kind of working but only get 30 days worth and they keep telling me I have to get off it....why??? Don't screw with what works, now my anxiety is worse never knowing if I can get my meds to sleep...."

Cz94 September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had bad dreams headache when I woke up feeling like I didn't sleep feeling tired when I woke up"

Anonymous September 16, 2017

"Works wonders"

Insomniac50 September 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It has really assisted me with falling asleep and I do not have the sleepy groggy effect the next day."

Newbie2017 September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "I have had amnestic episodes: I have had conversations with my spouse that at time were extremely distressing to him- the next day I would have no memory the discussions. I have walked in my sleep. A few times I was saved from hurting myself e.g. thinking (telling him) that I was going to the bathroom but starting to sit down before I got there and luckily caught by my husband - or I might have struck my head if he had not caught me. ( I didn't remember those times as well). But my strange behavior started to worry my husband -a loving and devoted spouse.I have gone onto the internet while on Ambien and bought items. At first I was puzzled by unexpected deliveries of whatever I had bought- I realized the impact of Ambien on my life."

ellen Flynn M.D. (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taken 10mg of zolpadiem a night and sleep very well although some nite I have really bad dreams but at least I'm getting some sleep now as I wasn't sleeping at all and nothing else worked apart from theses"

Quinnsworth (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "I work in a hospital with long hours that can vary between days. When I finally got home and needed to sleep, I'd be kept up with adrenaline from the shift. I started Ambien and was pretty happy with it. I would be out like a light for a solid 7-8 hours and wake up 100% refreshed with no hangover side effects like I get with benadryl or melatonin. You might wake up and eat something weird some nights and not remember but I just look at it as entertainment... 10mg/night...stay up for about an hour and get the "high" people say and then put yourself down for some incredible relaxed sleep."

Ambienruler August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Would not be here without it. I am 87."

casblanca August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I found this to be most helpful. I fall asleep within 20minutes and awake feeling alert and rested. I function better in the day with a full nights sleep."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking zolpidem several months after my son was KIA in Afghanistan, almost 7 years ago. My son's death along with menopause has me feeling like I will never fall sleep naturally again. This works incredibly well! I take 10mg after I'm in bed and am deeply a asleep within 15 to 20 minutes. I wake up refreshed and ready for the day ahead. I have never had any of the possible side effects that many others have listed. Reading the potential side effects that some people experience, I do get a little concerned, but since I have never had an issue with this drug, I plan to keep taking it for as long as I need it. I've tried other sleep medications and they all have terrible side effects for me."

Loveybelle (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ambien (zolpidem): "It works!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017