User Reviews for Lunesta

Learn more about Lunesta.

Insomnia 166 reviews 107 medications

6.7
Summary of Lunesta reviews 166 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Lunesta

For Insomnia "I took 3mg my first night. I was so groggy, I don't remember anything from about two hours before bed and I had the WORST TIME waking up this AM. I was so groggy and cranky and again can barely remember anything until I started finally getting up and around. This is super strong, I took 3mg, but for someone who goes days without sleeping, I'll take these side effects over no sleep any day. I am taking the generic. At least give it a try. I have to for insurance purposes and I'm pretty glad I did. My doctor says the grogginess will fade after a while."

Ktbuggg12 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I was taking Ambien 12mg, which in my opinion is the best sleeping pill on the market right now. I heard about Lunesta and I decided to give a try. My Doctor prescribe the 2mg. Hours passed by and I'm still waiting for it to kick in. Nothing. I made a huge mistake by changing from Ambient for Lunesta. Now I have to wait for a month to go back to Ambient. If you're thinking of switching or trying Lunesta. Don't even bother. I guarantee you Ambient is the best option"

Jdgim9 April 10, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Worked well at first, but then stopped working, I have to take 5mg melatonin every night, 6mg prazosin (for PTSD nightmares), and 50mg of benadryl now for it to promote sleep onset successfully. I feel my body wakes up around 6am, (depending on the time I take it mostly). I don't know if it's my body becoming completely dependent on Lunesta to sleep, or taking my Prazosin lasting only about 6 hours causes my blood pressure to rise when it wears off making me wake up, or if I have back issues making me awake after it wears off. I think since I have delayed sleep phase disorder, my body has become too accustomed to the medicine to remain asleep due to the long duration of action, in comparison to the short duration of action of ambien."

Mr. Yolo April 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "60 days ; not effective."

jack b nimble April 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "So, I've tried multiple sleeping aids. Temazepam and trazadone gave me headaches. Benedryl, NyQuil, hydroxyzine increased my restless legs. Melatonin was insufficient at max recommended dosage. Ambien was by-far the best at 10mg, but because I'm only 27, the doctor doesn't want to prescribe an addictive medication (her words). So I'm on Lunesta. It has a horrible taste of pennies, but if you put it on the back of your tongue and let it slide down while drinking, it doesn't cause it. But DON'T take a drink and let it swish around, bc it will leave that metallic taste! My insurance doesn't cover mine, but my pharmacy offers a discount card so I pay $30. 1mg is useless, I have to take 3mg to get any sleep, but better than no sleep."

SugarBrookie (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 24, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "My girlfriend, while under the influence of Lunesta, sat up while dreaming she was bring raped...screaming at the top of her voice uncontrollably. I turned to hold and console her and she bit into my wrist without letting go for about 30 seconds. She was crazy delusional and incoherent. I am totally scared and traumatized by the experience. This is a dangerous drug. I told her to get off Lunesta and learn to sleep 6-8 hours like a normal person by listening to your body and balancing your life."

FrickenAfraid January 3, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I have been on ambien for years. At one period of time, not living in this country I was prescribed 20 mls a night. Back here in the US I have been put on 12.5 extended release. I usually take 1 and a half to get me to sleep with 2 phenergan. I crave sweet things after taking it. I run out Halfway through the month. I was getting a supply from India of 10mls too for 150 dollars but ran out of those this week. I was given to try Lunesta 3 mls I have been awake for hours after taking the Lunesta plus 2 phenergan and 300 mls of gabapentin. I have been to a sleep Center as well. They wanted to take me off all sleep meds except for Gabapentin and gave me A sleep machine. Totally useless, a lot of money. Ambien for me are way better than anything"

Anonymous December 11, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Started taking Lunesta when I was 15. The brand name works amazingly! Now that insurance doesn't want to cover the brand without a fight,even if they cover I have a 100$ Co pay on it!! I'm stuck with the generic and it's not so great. Definitely doesn't work as well plus the orange generic doesn't work at all, I have to have the blue ones to get any type of sleep."

*d.A. (taken for 10 years or more) December 7, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I started having terrible sleeping issues due to some life events. I saw the commercials on TV about it and talked to my doctor about it. Plus I read it didn't have the crazy side effects of other sleeping pills. It came across as perhaps a lighter sleeping pill. I got a prescription for 3mg and the first night I took it, about 5minutes later I got this terrible taste in my mouth, very bitter. For the ladies, Id describe it as having fingernail polish on and biting your nail, that taste. I grabbed some spearmint candy I had and sucked on one of those and that helped SO much! By the time I finished the 2nd one I was almost out of it and completely asleep. I did that for a week but now I dont even taste it anymore. Been using for 3 years now!"

Dsquared03 December 2, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Had first complete night sleep three days ago. Works without causing hang over next morning."

Susiesq (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Take it right before bed. Worked great."

Pam F 51 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "My experience with Lunesta was a bit difficult. The brand name (which I never believed was any different than generic) worked WONDERS for me for years! But after insurance, was $50 per month. You get this lovely (awful) metallic taste in your mouth right before it kicks in, and it stays - so trick is to brush your teeth AND tongue, drink OJ, it'll pass. Then the generic came out (YAY CHEAPER), and ALL I got was the metallic taste. No sleep. If you need sleep and have the $, go brand name and enjoy your slumber! 2mg was the perfect dose for me as 3mg made me a bit drowsy."

JeccaLeigh (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 18, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I was taking Ambien 15mg for awhile but my body built a tolerance to it. Over 2 weeks ago my doctor changed my prescription to Lunesta 3mg. I finally got up the nerve to take it after doing all the research. This is the first I have taken and I must say the aftertaste after about 5 minutes of taking it is absolutely HORRIBLE. Even breathing in through my mouth or nose heightens it. It strongly reminds me of how my mouth would taste after taking chemotherapy for cancer. It's causing a horrible flashback for me. This will be the first and last Lunesta I take. You also can't eat or drink anything as it tastes horrible too. I guess I will have to go back to Ambien."

BushBaltimore (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I have taken Lunesta 3mg for 4 yrs and haven't had any problems with it. No side effects, no funny tastes, I just pop it in my mouth with a big drink and wala! I take it and in about 30 min I'm asleep and don't wake up until the next morning with no hang over feeling, no headaches or anything. I have tried them all, I used to go for days and days without sleep so when I tried this and it worked it was like a whole new world opened up. This may just work different on some people as I was reading, but in my case IT WORKED!"

ozma58 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Tried 3 milligrams of Lunesta did not work at all to help me sleep. But right now I am suffering from extreme anxiety and depression. And have other health issues and a ton of stuff on my mind. I also just tried Ambien ER last night and it did not work either. In the past couple years ago I did take Ambien and it worked to make me sleep but after taking 4 a week or so made my anxiety and depression worse. Be careful if you suffer from depression taking this medication is what I found out. I only recently tried to take sleeping pills again out of desperation as I have developed some bad stomach problems and possibly my pancreatitis flaring up and have been off of work for 2 months on workman's comp worried about losing my house and my healt"

Very insomnic (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Here's a trick to help my fellow insomniac's sleep. I have 3 very painful forms of Arthritis in my upper and lower back, neck, knees, feet, hands, exc. I have insomnia from chronic pain, and severe PTSD. 2mg Lunesta got me 4hrs rest. 3mg got me 6hrs sleep. I finally got 8 hours sleep by raising my dose to 2-2mg pills per night. I didn't get 4, 6, or, 8 hrs sleep until I changed eating habits. Plan your evening like so: eat a small portion of healthy foods. Wait 20-30 minutes, and then take your Lunesta. Wait 20-30 minutes, and eat another small portion of healthy food, and head to bed. The food keeps the medicine in your system longer. Also for those paying cash like me, use blinkhealth.com. I get my 60-2mg pills for $53.16 a month."

RzR CRzN August 24, 2016

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Worked for a while but have to take 2-3 to get to sleep and that's not good"

Carla Lake (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Three nights in a row, with no benefit whatsoever. It's as if I'd taken a placebo -- laid in bed for over two hours with no drowsiness at all. By the third night, I was angry and anxiety-filled (not sure if it was a side effect or if I was just fed up with trying something that didn't work)."

e-ticket August 11, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I took 2mg for 7 weeks. At first, the after taste was the only adverse side effect although in retrospect within a couple of weeks I started having a dry cough. By the end of the 1st month I thought I had either a cold or an allergic reaction to something. Went to my doctor and the possible side effects of the was not even brought up. I am coughing a lot and bringing up clear mucus. I often felt like my throat is closing up and it reminded me of strep with how sore my throat was. Last night, completely frustrated I googled sore throat, cough and lunesta and found many other people had similar symptoms. At first Lunesta worked fine but gradually I slept less and the side effects were (are) horrible. I'm wide awake tonight!"

SleepyNot (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Helped a lot the first night. Somewhat effective the second night. Awake writing this note the third night. There is a slight hangover but that is manageable."

Magpvny August 5, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "Horrible aftertaste that lasts at least 8 hours. The taste comes about 5 mins after I take it and that's when I know it's working. Otherwise I can't tell like I could taking another popular sleeping medicine. It's increased my depression and anxiety. I'm getting put back on my previous medication in three days due to the horrible after taste. It's chemical tasting. Nasty."

Almcg (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I have been taking the 3mg lunesta for 4 days now and still no sleep. The only plus side is my insurance would not pay for it and the generic 30 day was $128. My pharmacist called the manufacturer and got me 12 coupons for $100 off. Going to keep trying it for a few more nights, been reading up on it and it seems the worse the insomnia the longer it takes for it to work. I have gone weeks with no sleep my longest was 18 days of zero sleep the dark circles around my eyes were so dark I looked like a raccoon."

BigShawn July 17, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I started out taking lowest dose. Two hours later still awake. Took max dose prescribed. It is now 5:30 in the morning and I have had NO sleep. And have a bad taste in my mouth. I took a sip of water and about gagged from the nasty taste. Worst stuff ever."

Shortyshante2013 June 13, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "I have been off and on Lunesta 3mg for over 10 years. The reason I get off of it, I gain a tolerance to it, so I have to try something else so I can get Lunesta out of my system. Usually I get on Valium 10mg or stronger because nothing else works. I can stay awake for weeks. Yes, weeks. My longest time staying awake, 20 days. Lunesta works for a lot of people, I just have a high tolerance to most medications."

Trbncolo (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia "took lunesta for 3 weeks, horrible side effects: increased crazy amounts of anxiety, insomnia, wierd feelings in my stomach, thought 'I was going off the rails. "

better without lunesta (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016