User Reviews for Lunesta

Insomnia
6.4

Summary of Lunesta reviews 6.4 205 reviews

Reviews for Lunesta

For Insomnia "I have been on Lunesta for about a week. I have gotten the absolute best sleep in this week. I also suffer from chronic pain, but I have not experienced that much pain since taking Lunesta. Not sure how the medication affects the pain, but I am truly grateful to be feeling so much better since I started taking Lunesta. My sleep is extremely peaceful and I feel totally rested once I am up."

Lo Lo (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

For Insomnia "I have been taking Lunesta for about a year along with clonazepam at night. Started with 3 mg then doctor decreased to 2 mg because I suffer from depression also and he thought it might be causing me more depression. as I have to come home from work and sleep for an hour because my brain shuts down. I am still having good days and bad days but I don't think the Ambien is the problem. Still working on solution. But the key has been taking the clonazepam along with Lunesta."

Lulu (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 19, 2018

For Insomnia "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION if you are depressed or more importantly; anxious! It will make your day time anxiety and depression much worse. Don’t even start them and just ride through the night in pain. It’s not worth it"

No way (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

For Insomnia "Lunesta wasn't for me! My mouth tasted like the national mint! It was terrible. Literally like I put a roll of quarters in my mouth and started sucking away. Don't even get me started on how long it lasted. If I drank anything it made it 10 times worse. That terrible taste was in my mouth for 20+ hours. One pill was enough for me. I'm willing to not sleep if sleep tastes like Lunesta."

Momma416 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Insomnia "Nasty taste, takes 3 hours to start to have slight effects"

Sara (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

For Insomnia "I hate Lunesta. I have bad insomnia and this medication made it way worse! It literally makes me not sleep at all! In the last 2 days I've totalled 4 hours of sleep. Took it at 9pm, laid down and 30 mins later eyes wide open both nights gave in at 4 am took some benadryl in hopes of some sleep. Slept 2 hours then bam wide awake. At one point I literally had to stop myself from getting up to mop my entire house lol I guess I'll keep it around if I ever need to pull an all nighter to clean "

Ssquared (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

For Insomnia "I just moved to the USA from Canada and mollyanne43 I used to take zopiclone. I was on it for 6 yrs it was the best sleep med I've ever used also having a bad after taste but who cares if you get to actually sleep. They put me on lunesta here and the first night was ok I guess I slept about 4 hrs but now going on 6 days later I haven't slept I want to cry cause I have a 4 month old and a 4 year old I so so wish I could get my zopiclone here:( not happy with lunesta"

Corylynn April 19, 2018

For Insomnia "Been on Nelsons, trazadone, dioxipin, sonata ,ramelton and ambien etc. Lunesta is by far has been the best and really works for me. Other than the fact pill tastes horrible it's been a lifesaver. Zero side effects but try not to take after a big meal. No next day side effects like sleepwalking etc.That Ambien is dangerous stuff! So far no similar Ambien side effect. Much safer in my opinion."

Elm (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Insomnia "Just got off my Ambien due to the facts I was talking to myself and I would wake up with food all over me, even had sex with out remembering. And brain was like erased the next morning. Now I take lunesta for 2 months along with doxepin . Doxepin helps you stay asleep the lunesta just to help me doze off. And as for that bad taste u can scrap it off or simple wrap a single piece of tissue around it and swallow and wala no more bad taste Hope it helped but get the doxepin and you will sleep all night and not be tired"

ACE (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

For Insomnia "Love LUNESTA: for me there is a huge difference between Lunesta and generic eszopiclone. With Lunesta I always went to sleep with in 10 minutes, stayed asleep and woke refreshed and clear headed. Eszopiclone the generic, gave me migraines 2 hours after taking it, nausea and insomnia. Now my insurance has stopped paying for Lunesta, they will only pay for eszopiclone and it is so horrible!! Lunesta now costs $450 out of pocket."

Tami (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2018

For Insomnia "3mg doesn't do much to keep me asleep."

Dave March 26, 2018

For Insomnia "This is the second time I tried lunesta. Once years ago. I couldn't remember if it helped out not, I did remember the bad taste. This time I was very hestitant to try it, again. Wish I would've listened to my instincts!!! Within 10 minutes of taking it I could taste the bitter metal grossness even when I would breath! I wanted to vomit. I'll go back to Ambien. "

Crabby nosleeper March 22, 2018

For Insomnia "Works okay... First couple of nights no sleep really, then it kinda started working. But it leaves an awful metallic taste in the mouth well into the next day. So I switched to temazepam 30 mg which was a complete no go... Completely useless. Just laid in bed like a tree full of owls. Finally my doc put me on ambien, which works like a charm, thank heavens."

Gypsy.Rose.Lee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Insomnia ""STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS MEDICATION!!!! It is a joke, I cant even go into details on how much I HATE this medication. If you have sleep problems do not take this! It causes the complete opposite effect. Horrible side effects.""

Collin11 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Insomnia "For reference, my type of insomnia is sleep maintenance - I can fall asleep, but I can't stay asleep. I was prescribed Lunesta after 1 year with Trazodone. I was on 100mg of Trazodone, but it was starting to become less effective, so I decided to try something else and maybe give myself a break. My doctor said that Lunesta is supposed to be better for sleep maintenance insomnia than Ambien. I had been off Trazodone for 5 nights before I took Lunesta. I was prescribed 3mg of Lunesta; for the first night, it worked okay. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th night, I had a hard time falling asleep, and then I woke up at about 4-4:30 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. The 5th night, I woke up at 2:30 AM, and couldn't fall back asleep. The 6th night I woke up at 2 AM and couldn't fall back asleep. The 7th night, I was awake almost the whole night. Additional note; I do notice the weird taste in my mouth the next day while on this medication. The taste is amplified by drinking water."

Error505SleepNotFound (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2018

For Insomnia "Took this after years on clonazepam, then a month of Ambien. Ambien made me have strange side effects. Texting people at night, not remembering in the morning. I started having muscle twitches, brain fog and lightheadness and sweating after going off of it. I have been taking lunesta since mid -November. I will admit, I do not sleep as well as when I took the Ambien. Lunesta does not knock me out. I will go to sleep and then I'm up 12:45, then sometimes 2:45. But still no weird side effects, and sdly I still wake up more tired than I was with Lunesta, or even the clonazepam. The pill does taste gross but swallow it fast! The taste does not linger, but you may have a dry mouth.... nothing to prevent me from taking it. I'm in the highest dosage."

KerriLK December 18, 2017

For Insomnia "I have C-PTSD, bipolar 2, and BPD. I have super intense nightmares/dreams and wake up 700 times a night and have difficulty falling asleep. I'm immune to Ambien, reacted awfully to Rimeron, Trazadone and Melatonin did nothing. Prescribed Seroquel 100mg/night for sleep. Worked for 2 months but left me feeling groggy in the mornings, difficulty waking up, lots of weight gain, and sugar cravings. Yuck. Saw psych yesterday and switched from Seroquel to Lunesta 3mg. I was kind of worried because of the horrible reviews but first night, no weird taste, remember everything that happened last night, fell asleep within an hour, slept great! Woke up on time, not groggy, fully rested!!"

nosleep/ptsd (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2017

For Insomnia "I have been dealing with major insomnia for the past 2 mths. and, after trying other sleep meds (which didn't work), was prescribed 1mg of Lunesta before bed. It took about an hour to put me to sleep. I got about 5 disturbed hours of sleep. I tossed and turned all night and woke up feeling like I'd had 1 hr of sleep. Then the bad part came: the morning. I woke up super drowsy, had intense anxiety, OCD, tremors, chest and nasal congestion, stomach upset and shortness of breath. I was also super emotional and cried uncontrollably all day. These symptoms lasted all day. All that, so that I can get basically no sleep on this pill?! Needless to say, I will never take this pill again! The side effects are worse than anything I've experienced!"

HealthSeeker1 November 30, 2017

For Insomnia "Tried the generic version after a few rotations of Ambien. The only thing I disliked about Ambien was the weird loopiness I'd get. Read over some journal entries I wrote on Ambien and it definitely freaked me out. I didn't notice a weird metallic taste when I took Lunesta. The sleepiness also didn't hit me as hard as with Ambien, but it definitely peaked after about an hour and I knew it was time for bed. Woke up fine, no headache and no weird journaling. So all in all a good experience and will likely ask for this instead of Ambien in the future."

Jigglypuff33 November 7, 2017

For Insomnia "After heart surgery in 2014 I went from having normal sleep to insomnia and vivid dreams. After 10 months I medications and dietary supplements. I have recently tried Lunesta and I have found that I only get 2-3 hours sleep on Lunesta and I do have that taste in my mouth went to a doctor. We have been trying different the next day. Ambien works great but it is a wicked medication to take for very long. You build up a tolerance to it and the withdrawals, for me, are 2 nights without any sleep. My doctor and I are still working on a treatment and a cure. Medical Marijuana is out of the question for me but has been recommended by my Colorado relatives but I'm not going there."

Wide A. Wake November 6, 2017

For Insomnia "My family doctor prescribed Lunesta as a sleep pill for a month. I take one 3mg tablet and nothing happens as I lay in bed hoping to fall asleep. It is a major disappointment."

Len Bloom November 4, 2017

For Insomnia "Recently I got married and my insurance changed. The new insurance would not pay for the sleeping medicine I have been on the last two years. They said I had to try Lunesta, Ambien or one other before they would approve it. Last night made one full week that I was on Lunesta. Here are the reasons why I HATE it. 1. My mouth gets dry 2. In the morning my mouth tastes like I've been drinking spoiled milk. 3. I am so very depressed I take anti depressants already 4. I am so exhausted I do not feel like I can function. 5. I do not stay asleep. 6. I feel like the entire world could implode around me and I still would not care. This medicine is by far the worst thing I've ever been on. I wouldn't even recommend this medication to anyone!!!"

Hdavis527 October 17, 2017

For Insomnia "I was prescribed lunesta a few years ago and took it for about 2 months, hated it and got off of it. Last night I was desperate to sleep, and I couldn't remember why I hated it, so I took another one. First of all, this was 17 hrs ago and my mouth still tastes like I sucked the coating off a bunch of ibuprofen. It makes it really hard to drink water because it exaggerates the taste. Secondly, it makes me feel hungover and oppressively tired all day. Third, it let's me sleep only 6 or 7 hours despite feeling like I could sleep all day when I wake up. Is it the worst? No. It does work to that extent but the side effects are, if not medically serious, pretty annoying and uncomfortable."

Rainieev October 16, 2017

For Insomnia "Genuinely hate this medicine! The side effects of dry mouth and a terrible taste (even though pills are coated) make it impossible not to drink extra water. Drinking extra water caused me to wake to pee in the middle of the night every night. One night I was so groggy & out of it - feeling really drugged - I fell and hit my head, shoulder & elbow. In the week I took Lunesta, I never got more than 4-5 hours sleep & each night to use the bathroom. My sleep tracker showed little REM. Dry mouth was constant day & night. I never woke refreshed once & always felt like I had a residual “hangover” of a drugged feeling in the AM. I took Lunesta because Ambien seemed to stop working for me. I took it years ago & couldn’t remember why I disliked it."

Dallasmom2017 October 15, 2017

For Insomnia "I've suffered with insomnia for many years and was on Ambien, but I built up a tolerance over the years, so my doctor switched me to Lunesta. Lunesta allowed me to sleep for only about two hours. Tried it for four nights with no better results."

Meathead41 October 12, 2017