User Reviews for Belsomra

Learn more about Belsomra.

Insomnia 211 reviews 109 medications

3.9
Summary of Belsomra reviews 211 reviews 3.9

Reviews for Belsomra

For Insomnia "I was very happy with Belsomra till one night when both my legs went into unbearable spasms, my feet twisting inward. There was no other culprit for that strange and painful behavior, so I stopped taking it."

Jeedoo (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I've had insomnia for years and used only natural remedies to cope. Eventually none of the things worked, so I went to a sleep disorder clinic. The doctor gave me free samples of Belsomra 10, 15 & 20 mg. I started by cutting all the pills in half and taking only 5 mg.- that worked for a couple of nights only. I then had to up the dose to 7.5 mg (by combining the cut pills). After a few nights of each dosage, I have to up the dose. I don't use Belsomra every night because it doesn't work consistently. I still mix up the nights with a Melatonin spray. Although I get a decent sleep with the Belsomra (when it works), the next day I have a heavy head, like brain fog. I won't be paying for this when my free samples run out."

7 of 9 February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "Works great for me I tried Seroquel, Lunesta, and Ambien with poor results Belsomra was the key the key I've found is following the directions of taking it on a empty stomach 30 minutes before you want to sleep. I have experienced no side effects fortunately I got approval from my insurance they pay the full amount"

Rwinklejr (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I have been taking Belsomra for about 2 months now; but, not every night. My doctor took me off Ambien, which had worked GREAT for me with no side effects. I've found that Belsomra works sometimes and sometimes not. If I eat anything at all an hour or two before going to bed, (and I'm talking a very light snack), this med will NOT put me to sleep. I lie there for hours in a kind of twilight sleep, not being able to totally drift off. The next day it feels as if I haven't slept at all. I cannot count on this med to help me sleep. It does work on some nights and I have not been able to find the trigger that makes it work some nights and others not? I'm going to try it for a while longer; but, so far it's not worth the high price!"

Aderriea February 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "Was prescribed 20mg. TERRIBLE night horrors and sleep paralysis. Only taken two nights and I will never take it again. I have no idea why nightmares aren't listed as a side effect. I don't know how this is an approved drug either."

Sbmw February 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "Trouble sleeping my whole life. I tried taking other medications with mild results. Belsomra works great for me! Downfall is the price but it is absolutely worth it if you are one of the people it works for effectively. The trouble waking up is the only thing I would change about this medication."

ANMH85 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "Belsomra offers a voucher for FREE (10 days of 10mg, 10 days of 15mg and 10 days of 20mg) so I tried them all and now I am going to use the voucher for $3 ($90 a month) a pill if your insurance requires a payment of more than $150 and $1 ($30 a month) a pill if insurance requires a payment of less than $150 since I haven't met my deductible. I was just visiting this site to see how long it takes for the dosage to level off since I am feeling a little drowsy on the 20mg. So if you need to try it to save a little money use the vouchers. I love this pill since I was taking amitriptyline before and was always so exhausted the next day. I think I will try the 20mg for the month and back down to the 15mg if I am exhausted by the next refill"

MYFR February 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "Paid $369 since new deductible year - worthless - I can get much better results from tempazapan, triazolam, and ambien or ambien CR, even lunesta. Worst money I ever spent and now I have a 30 day dose. Have glass of wine and you will be better off.....total waste of money"

pollardski January 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I have insomnia so bad it doesn't help me at all. I get no sleep with it."

Itiswatitis January 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I have been on trazodone for years. In the past I have tried all of the other sleep drugs but they weren't working well anymore so I was prescribed belsomra. WOW the nightmares are awful. You are awake but stuck in a purgatory with the shadow figures over me. I was trying to call to my wife to wake me but kept falling back into this elaborate intertwined nightmare it lasted for hours."

Paul albany January 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "Doctor gave me this to help me sleep after the usual drugs (lunesta, ambien, etc) didn't help much and made me sleep walk. Been taking for 10 days now and the stuff is fantastic. I pretty much sleep through the night every night and no more sleep walking."

ClydeW4 January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I started on 15mg of Belsomra. The doctor said if this did not work he would put me on 20. I had trouble falling asleep and drifted in and out of sleep all night and felt like crap the next day. Constantly felt like the need for a daytime nap. He up the dosage to 20 mg and nothing changed. I could not get a good night's sleep. Never felt good day or night. We left for Florida after I was on the drug for a month plus and I could not keep the car on the road as I kept falling asleep. My wife became angry and made me stop taking the pills. What to do with them at that point??? I turned them in at the police station under the drug disposal plan rather than throw them in the garbage. They informed me they were a narcotic."

Kingronnie January 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "So far not working for me. I have only taken 2 doses at 15 mg."

Duckbill January 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I've been on Belsomra for 8 days and I am really starting to like it. I have had anxiety and sleep issues for the last six months and finally reached out to my GP to ask for help. She prescribed trazadone at first which just made my mouth really dry. Then I tried sonata which knocked me out good but I would wake up a two hours later and be wide awake for the rest of the night. Then I tried belsomra 15mg. First night I thought it worked ok didn't notice anything significantly better than no meds but the second night I slept great and had an incredibly vivid dream. Every night since I've slept well and had REALLY clear dreams. I'm actually going to try dropping down to 10mg bc there a little too vivid and I've been a little groggy."

Anonymous December 31, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I swap between and Ambien 10mg and Ambien 12.5 CR and have take 1 one of those every night for 8 plus years. I started to notice a few years ago it wasn't working very well. My doctor tried all the usual suspects, Lunesta, Trazadone, Restoril, and all the over the counters you can think of. Recently we decided to try Belsomera 20mg, he gave me a 10day trial pack he told me it may take a week or so. The first few nights were same ol same ol, no sleep, tossing and turning, brain not shutting off as we all know....but the 4-6th night I started to notice I was actually getting sleepy after about an hour so, then by 7-10th I was falling asleep within a half hour to an hour and those last 2 nights I slept so good my wife told me I actually snored"

JwB2016 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "Have had chronic insomnia for 10 years. Had always Ambien. Great drug. Worked great no side effects.Went to a new doctor and he gave me these pills, awful!!!!!! Does not work and feel awful the next day. They should be banned!!!! Haven't slept a wink in 5 nights now!!!"

Little Doll (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I felt like utter crap the next day, after taking this drug. This experience was repeated until I threw it out. It may work for some, but it definitely made me feel awful the next day, as if I had zero energy, depersonalized, like a zombie - just out of it. I could tell it definitely worked on some part of the brain that affects alertness."

InsomniacBecky123 December 3, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I have taken Belsomra for approximately 1.5 years. I have previously taken: ambien, seroquel, lunesta, remeron, all for insomnia. I now take Belsomra exclusively. This has been, by far, the best. I am able to fall asleep within 5 minutes after lying down (takes about 1 hour to take effect). There has been zero tolerance as it works just as well as when I first began taking it. It seems, from the reviews and from my doctors opinion, that this drug either works or doesn't. I would advise that if you are considering this drug to give it a chance and don't be swayed by the negative reviews as everyone is different. Also, there are some side effects for the first few days (daytime drowsiness mostly), so try to stick with it for a week."

aiwass (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "Worked very well. Did have next day drowsiness, but only the first day. Am only taking 10mg. I had none of these bizarre side effects I've read about. The important thing for me is that this is NOT a benzodiazepine. More researching is showing that benzodiazepines and other GABA activators may be causing permanent memory loss, that includes Zolpidem. I've been able to come off my Gabapentin and Lorazepam at night."

pjs009 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I took one 20mg pill. It works, I slept better than I had in years, sleep quality better than anything I had ever taken before. The problem was the next day. I was so sedated that I literally couldn't think or remember words. I felt nauseous all day and that night I almost fainted after eating dinner. I didn't take the pill the next night and couldn't sleep at all. I had to take a double dose of benzos, melatonin and an Aleve because I was so achy. The next evening I went out with friends and had a few drinks. I was acting aggressively, obnoxious and completely out of character. I hope they come up with a better version of this drug. I'm sad I can't take it due to side effects."

Snoopy1010 November 13, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "This drug is scary!!! The 20mg dose puts me on the threshold of sleep, without allowing me to actually fall asleep. I accidentally thought the maximum dose was 40mg so I took two 20mg pills. It really did make me fall asleep, but you can forget about trying to function at all the following day. I am quite desperate for sleep, so now I take 35mg when I have absolutely nothing going on the next day. I am retired and can stay at home without having to drive anywhere. The half-life of this drug is 12 hours!!! That means if you take a 20mg pill, your still going to have 10mg in your system 12 hours later. I can see why people fall asleep driving to work. Ambien on the other hand has a half-life of only of about 2.5 hours. DANGEROUS drug!!!"

Sleepless One November 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "10 out of 10. I've suffered from insomnia my entire life and finally found something that works, highly recommend. As my doctor told me, it takes your body a couple weeks to adjust to this medicine, but when it does it works very well."

Mandy412 November 7, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I've suffered from insomnia for years, and have tried everything. I take melatonin, neurontin for RLS, klonopin. Now I've added Belsomra. It's not magical, but it's better than the hypnotics: Ambien, for example, had me awake and doing everything under the sun BUT sleep: rearranging cabinets, cooking food, eating food, emailing things I didn't remember, etc. What I like about Belsomra is that it does seem to KEEP me asleep; I don't wake up during the night once I am asleep. It's definitely not worth the high cost--but I think the ridiculously high cost is because of the ridiculous way that it's packaged!!!!!"

lizbethsu November 3, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I've been struggling with insomnia because of shift work disorder. I started working graveyards in August of 2016. Today is October 31st 2016. I took the 10mg first to try it out. It worked ok but I still woke up here and there. But I liked it. Last night I tried the 15mg dose and oh my God did I ever have the worst nightmares of my life. They were so vivid and real. They scared me awake several times and the dreams did not end in my waking state. I seemed to shift back to sleep without even knowing it or I was still awake. I can't tell but the nightmare kick right off where I left them. I guess I slept but honestly I'm terrified to take them again. I'm literally shaking after this experience."

AdamHarris October 31, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia "I've suffered with severe insomnia for 25 years. I started looking into this with 2 very specific sleep studies A year later I found myself on a sleep med rollercoaster. Of course I've tried everything otc, lunesta, ambien. I take no other prescription drugs and have enjoyed great health with the exception of serious insomnia. 2 years later I hear of Belsomra and ask my dr for the 10 day sample. First 2 nights were a bit touch and go. By night 3, was up 3.5 hours of decent sleep. I've now been taking Belsomra at 20 mg for an entire month. This medicine saved my life! I forgot I could feel this good since I've been battling this for so long. I've never written a report on anything in my life but I just had to share my story. IT WORKS"

1CanadianSleep October 30, 2016