User Reviews for Belsomra

Learn more about Belsomra.

Insomnia 250 reviews 107 medications

3.7
Summary of Belsomra reviews 250 reviews 3.7

Reviews for Belsomra

For Insomnia "Having tinnitus my sleep is impossible without meds. I have tried most and Doc put me onto Belsomra. Out of 5 weeks its only worked a couple of nights. Its very expensive it and just does not work. It doesn't put me to sleep so I have to take something else with it and wake up every hour. I really think they need to go back to the drawing board with this one and put something in it for sleep."

Anonymous July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I started Belsomra 15mg about 3 wks ago. It has not worked for me at all. After taking the medication earlier (7:45-8:00 pm) and spending several sleepless nights my Dr increased my dosage to 1 & 1/2 tablets. The last few nights I have been up past 4am. Even when I finally dose off I wake up at least once an hour. I will call my Dr in the morning, I'll be awake. Exhausted! But awake!"

KTJ1986 (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "Doctor insisted instead of ambien. Did not even make me drowsy after a week of taking each night, but did give a great headache."

Jon burrows (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I just had my doctor give me samples of Belsomra. He recommended I take 10mg, but basically told me it wouldn't work unless I took 20. But after reading all the paperwork that came with the samples I decided to just take the 10mg. I took it without food, 30 min before bed as recommended and still 2 hours later I wasn't tired. Today I woke up after having really weird dreams, and all day I've been unusually depressed and anxious. I never, ever had these symptoms or this much trouble falling asleep on Zolpidem. It was pretty clear from how hard my doctor was pushing them that the pharma reps are really trying to get this on the market. I would strongly recommend AGAINST taking this medication, especially if you have depression!"

econstance June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "STAY AWAY,Worst drug EVER!!!!!!!!!"

belsomraproblemsaol.com (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I have lived with severe insomnia for 34 years due to a circadian rhythm disorder. When I say that I have tried all sleep medications, you can believe me. My doctor gave my a voucher for a free trial of Belsomra. I was skeptical, then saw a review someone had written who had a very similar sleep disorder. He said to reach more areas in the brain that control the sleep-awake switches, to try it with 1 milligram of melatonin, 50 milligrams of diphenhydramine, and a 1/4 milligram of a benzo. I haven't slept like I did last night since I was a child. I gave it 7/10 because I don't know yet if it was a fluke, but I am hopeful that it will continue to work."

Cautiously optimistic June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I took 15 mg dose for about a year almost nightly. At best it only had a mild effect at helping me fall asleep and did not allow me to sleep longer than my usual four to five hours. Two unfortunate side effects occurred. Occasionally I would get sleep paralysis which is being fully aware mentally while your body is frozen in a sleep State. This lasts for a few minutes. The other unfortunate side effect is intense grogginess for most of the next day. I found that I spent much of the time during that year sitting in a chair during the day because I did not have the mental or physical energy to get up and do anything. Obviously one gets a tolerance for the drug soon and I would say that after about a month there was virtually no benefit"

Bobbbb (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "On midnight shift at work, having a hard time sleeping. Doctor gave me Belsomra and its great - no side effects whatsoever. Be advised I only take 1 or 2 a week, 20mg dose. But I have no side effects and I sleep 8 to 9 hrs a night."

Bb6th (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I will never take this medicine again. I was given some 15 mg samples to try. Was on Lunesta, but it wasn't working. Belsomra did indeed help me sleep, but the am grogginess was terrible. I slept at least 8 hours the night before, but couldn't concentrate. I was in a fog all day. I fell asleep at the wheel twice and ran right through a red light at a busy intersection. It took all day for this medicine to wear off. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

Not a fan (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I never take any meds and don't have any conditions. I was faced with a 13 hour flight overnight to Korea. I have always had a hard time sleeping on planes, so I tried a 20mg dose. Holy crap it was bad! Within 30 minutes I had the worst case of hot sweats, upset stomach, and feeling very anxious! Got sick in the restroom and 1\2 an hour later was back to normal. Flushed my samples and just turfed it out."

Krob May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "Took a 10mg last night and did fall fast asleep but had the worst nightmares ever. Woke up at 3am and did go back to sleep, however, nightmares continued. I was pretty groggy this morning but it passed. Don't know if I want to take another for fear of bad dreams!"

ErnieBlob May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I can see why this medication isn't for everyone. I have racing thoughts when I attempt to sleep. I take a 20mg Belsomra, make room dark and set myself up for sleep. My mind must calm because I wake up 5-9 hours later. This doesn't make you drowsy or euphoric. It helps me fall asleep like a normal person. Never will go back to benzos (for sleep) zopiclone, ezoplicone etc."

Boznjerz May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "Actually came out of hospital, because I have been suffering from long term insomnia and was prescribed Belsomra 15mg as a 'last resort' option. In my experiences I have already tried Temazepam, Valpam, Valium, Imovane, Seroquel (quetiapine) etc. All those drugs eventually just building up my tolerance each time and I become dependent on them to sleep. I however did try the antidepressant Valdoxan 25mg (Agomelatine). THIS REALLY HELPED ME FOR MONTH. My body really built up tolerance to it and eventually I needed 50mg and then it just stopped working for me after 5 months, but I can assure you it reallllllly helped my insomnia for that short 5 months. *Will CONTINUE IN ANOTHER POST*"

Tamina (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I was hoping this would be a better long term sleep therapy than Ambien (Belsomra studies reported that was the case), so I gave it a try. I took 15mg at the same time I would have taken my Ambien. It certainly didn't work as well as Ambien when it came to falling asleep... it took 30-40 minutes before becoming sleepy enough to fall asleep. Though I slept pretty well for about 8 hrs, and would have otherwise rated this medication an overall "5", I awoke with the worst anxiety that I have ever experienced. I felt like climbing the walls! It was so physically uncomfortable that I had to just get up and bag the idea of sleeping in on a Saturday morning. Three hrs after waking, the anxiety subsided enough that I was able to sit and relax."

Sleepynoggin (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I have been on zolpidem for several years and only take about 2.5 mg of my 10 mg tablet. I tried Belsomra 10 mg (samples) Thursady night at 9 pm and I did not feel sleepy. The second night I took a 10 mg table at around 9 PM I still do not feel sleepy so around 11 PM I took another 10 mg tablet and within 30 minutes I felt weird and I knew I was going to have a rough night ahead of me and I was not going to get a good quality night sleep, which I did not!!!! The next morning which was Saturday (THANK GOD I didn't take 20mg during the weekday) I felt horrible all day long and napped throughout the day up until 5 PM where I force myself to get up eat something drink a Mountain Dew just to feel alive again!!! This medication is horrible"

Tina001 May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I am rating this as 'not effective' advertising. There is nothing that makes me want to avoid a product more than having their ad pop up over an article I'm trying to read, waiting for it to load, then having to close out of it without accidentally clicking on the add. I've seen this ad four times now. If I am ever on the market for a sleeping aid, I would dose myself with something else before buying this."

LW annoyed May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I suffer from insomnia for nearly 8 months now and have tried melatonin, OTC sleep aids, ambien, trazadone, etc nothing worked. Asked my doctor if I could try belsomra and was given a sample 10 mg dose for 3 days, it kept me awake all last night and tonight as well. So tired of not being able to sleep!!!"

CynJW (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I had a very negative experience with this drug. I suffer from initial and maintenance insomnia and nothing has worked but this drug did something others didn't - it made the insomnia worst and I couldn't sleep at all. I was in and out of sleep the first couple of hours, I took it at 9pm, and then couldn't go back to sleep after waking up at 1:30am. It got me wired. Also, the little time I did sleep I had VERY weird dreams and it made my feet (mostly toes) hurt a lot. Very bizarre experience and a huge set back for me :( I took 15mg dose, sample from doctor."

Ez1981 May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "I have long QT syndrome. So I can not take anything to help me sleep because it could cause cardiac arrest. However I have a horrible time trying to fall asleep and stay asleep. It's terrible. But I can take Belsomra safely. And it has been a God send for me. I take the 20mg dose and as long as I am in bed at the time it kicks in , I fall asleep fairly easily and stay asleep for a solid 6 hours. I wake up feeling refreshed. ( I had a bad case of insomnia- 3 hours to fall asleep.. waking up 4 or 5 times a night- getting 3 hours of sleep a night if that) Belsomra has made sleep possible."

LQTS ashley (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "Like so many others, I tried it. I tried at 10, I tried it at 20. Nothing, except morning dizziness. How tremendously disappointing. I've gone back to my 2 Unisom's ( orange not blue). At least Im getting a few hours sleep with that. With as many poor reviews, you have to wonder who Merck paid off to have this thing approved. I especially dislike the over the top packaging. How much did that increase the costs? Shame in all of them."

Jrheck55 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "This at lowest dose lowered my inhibitions undesirably. Would not take again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "THIS DRUG KILLS. IT SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE MARKET. A few days after beginning taking this medication, my father started acting very strange and aggressive. He told his doctor he was feeling emotional, the doctor had him continue taking the drug. Ten days later, he put a gun to his head and killed himself. I filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and requested a list of all the adverse effects reported in association with this drug over the past couple years. There were SIXTY cases that ended in death. My suggestion: read through all the reviews here before you start taking this drug. They are messing with a part of the brain that shouldn't be touched, and the company's clinical trials were NOT thorough."

BelsomraKills (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "My doctor prescribed for menopausal insomnia, it has helped me tremendously, I am finally sleeping thru the night. Give it a chance, everyone reacts different to medications. For me its great."

Alleypow April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "Wow a 2.5 mg pill so half a 5mg tablet worked amazingly. I can't believe how well it worked!"

JoshDisney April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia "Took this medicine last night. Worst experience I have ever had with medicine. I began sweating felt wired up could not sleep at all. This is a bad drug. I have not felt right at all since taking it. Would not recommend this at all."

TJ1285 April 14, 2017