User Reviews for Belsomra

Insomnia
3.6

Summary of Belsomra reviews 3.6 374 reviews

Reviews for Belsomra

For Insomnia "I I have had insomnia for years and started belsomra 4 months ago. I take it one hour before I want to go to sleep and I have been lucky not to experience side effects that others have. I do wake up during the night but only to use the bathroom and am able to fall back asleep pretty quickly. Sometimes I feel a little more tired in the morning but after my cup of coffee I am fine. I do not drive so I don't have to worry about that. I just feel like I got a good night's sleep which is pretty much a miracle for me."

Sleeping on the cape September 18, 2018

For Insomnia "This medicine did nothing but keep me awake. I thought it would help me to sleep. I threw it in the garbage. Waste of $$$$!"

Bama girl (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

For Insomnia "I've been using Belsomra for about 2 weeks now. It has not helped I am still waking up after being asleep only 2-3 hrs and not being able to fall back to sleep. I does cause more frequent nighttime urination and dry mouth."

Bobby (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Insomnia "I work in a busy ER and suffer from insomnia. I have tried multiple medications including Ambien and Temazepam. Nothing ever works! My doctor recommended this medication and I was optimistic and looking forward to getting some sleep. WRONG!! I might have slept 15 minutes all night. So tired. Now so get to go back to work exhausted with no sleep. So dissatisfied and discouraged!!"

RTR (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Insomnia "Tried this reluctantly after Ambien. Does not knock you out but does work if you take an hour before bed and actually lay down with lights off, etc. Vivid dreams at first but tapers off. No side effects. MUCH better than Trazodone. Been taking for two months now (15 mg). People who take this for a day or two then complain might not be giving it enough time to work. "

Bobalaneo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

For Insomnia "Thought I'd chuck a positive review on this garbage pile. After a lifetime of chronic, treatment resistant insomnia, Belsomra is working pretty well for me. It took a week or so to start being effective (possibly because of coming off Ambien, which I'm sure is the case for a lot of people here) and will now reliably put me to sleep within an hour or so of taking it. It's not perfect and I still wake up during the night but have no problem going back to sleep. No noticeable side effects so far. It's no Ambien, and it wont totally knock you out, but it's working well for me where everything else has failed. Worth the (very high) cost for me. It's definitely worth persisting with if it doesn't work right away, I didn't get results until the second week."

Blomglonko (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Insomnia "This med had several unpleasant side effects. It put me into a twilight zone and caused a severe headache, nightmares, frequent urination, dry mouth and caused drowsiness that lasted well into the late morning. $65.00 for a horrible experience."

Monica (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Insomnia "Hi, I just started Belsomra last night and the effects started about 20 minutes after taking it. I felt drowsy and then went to sleep. Whilst I remember waking up a few times during the night, I was in this nice drowsy feeling and just went back to sleep again. I have had no side effects which is surprising, as I am on a number of antidepressant drugs i.e. Lamictal, Pristiq and Brintellex but had absolutely no side effects at all. Here's hoping!"

Tiggs69 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Insomnia "I've suffered with insomnia for years on end and have had no luck finding anything that will help me sleep so my Dr prescribed belsomra to try. I took it at 11:20pm and was wide awake all night into the next day. About 2 hours after taking it I started getting a horrible headache that wouldn't go away. The next day I felt as though I had drank a bottle of vodka. I was nauseous, headache, "foggy" mind feeling, felt off balance and just plain horrible. I took it 1 night and never again. I would advise against this medication. I called my Dr and he said stop taking it so now I have to go back to hopefully find something that will work."

Taylor (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Insomnia "Belsomra does not work as it should"

Grace (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Insomnia "This is the only medicine that has worked for me without bad side effects. It makes me so tired and relaxed about an hour after I take it. I do have some weird dreams but nothing bad. I am never groggy the next day and I always feel like I got a good night's sleep. I love it."

Savannah (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Insomnia "I have trouble falling asleep. I have used 15 mg temazepam for five years with no problems. My doctor thinks it is a dangerous drug, and we have been exploring alternatives. I took 10 mg Belsomra last night after I became drowsy. Not only did it keep me wide awake all night, it also caused a very mild paralysis."

sashamanda (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

For Insomnia "Dr.took me off Lorazapam, said l couldn t take any more, because l also took percocet for back pain. I was given samples of belsomra, this is my 3rd night of the drug. I am wide awake at 2 am haven't slept for the past three nights."

sanraz (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Insomnia "It took a while for this drug to start being predictable but after I'd say a month I now sleep reliably every night with only a few wake ups and never for too long. At first I had the worst nightmares I've ever experienced and didn't sleep any better. But I persisted and read up on how to best use it. You need to wait till a good bedtime for you and take it then. Give it 15 minutes or so then go to sleep without distraction. Don't expect to feel drowsy. It works by turning off your thoughts and activating your brains sleep centre. Don't take more than prescribed or it will not work. Don't take it during the day either. It is unlike any other sleep meds that I know of. Give it at least a month trial. It's really very effective once you understand it."

Nevertooold (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 23, 2018

For Insomnia "This medication doesn’t do anything for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Insomnia "Gave me the most painful migraines. Will never take this again."

C (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

For Insomnia "I had gallbladder surgery about a month ago and haven’t been able to sleep since. I tried the Belsomra and it made me sleep a good 9 hours but the next day I felt sleepy all day. Not for me!"

Rog July 7, 2018

For Insomnia "I am in need of something to make me sleepy. I can stay asleep fine, it is just getting there that is a problem. This did not help."

snowy (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Insomnia "Those of you giving up too soon are doing yourselves a grave disservice. It took 5 days until this drug started to work for me at a 30mg dose. On the fifth night it was only 4 hours and I felt kinda un-motivated during the day and with a headache. The next night it was 5 and a half hours and same unpleasant side-affects. The night after that it got all the way to 7 hours but still the same side-affects. However from that night on-wards I got a solid 7 to 8 hours sleep every night and finally no more side-affects. The headache lifted and I got my motivation back too. I just wish I could take a normal 20mg dose but that just does not work for me. With 30mg, I am yet to develop a tolerance after 48 days of use thank god. In Australia, get it from Chemist Warehouse as its only 58 dollars for the 20mg 30 days supply. Those of you getting the sleep paralysis, try no sweets after dark."

Crazy Mole (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

For Insomnia "I have had diagnosed chronic Insomnia for about 2 years. I had trouble falling asleep; sometimes to the point where I would be awake for 3 full days and 2 full nights and would end up so exhausted that I’d get delirious and physically sick. I would also constantly have broken sleep, and would be up and down all night. In the past 2 years I have tried Endep, Valium, Temazepam, Nitrazepam, Mirtazapine, Stillnox, Seroquil, Catapress, and various herbal remedies as well as antihistamines. All of those medications would either not work at all, or would only work for a night or two. Belsomra has worked for me almost immediately. I start to feel drowsy around 30-40 minutes after taking it and fall asleep quickly once I am in bed. I usually don’t wake up during the night but if I do, I have been going back into a deep sleep quickly and easily. I also feel refreshed and energetic when I get up of the morning, so there has been no “hangover” drowsiness the following day."

Peccadilloes July 2, 2018

For Insomnia "I sometimes forget to sleep, sometimes I realise I've been awake for 2 or 3 days. My body suffers, particularly my eyes - they sort of gum up and I look stoned - although, I do not do any drugs or drink any alcohol. I took Belsomra, and got distracted several times, as I often do - reading late into the night. I noticed an hour or so later that my memories had become more vivid. I'd close my eyes and be transported - very cool stuff. I eventually decided to go sleep around 4am, excited by this side affect. The most lucid dreams I'd ever had. I slept until my alarm went off at 8.30am (I live at work, so my turn-around-time is minimal). I awoke in the best mood. I do, however, see how this medication could be negative. If I had evoked negativity by reading something terrible or watching horror - then I feel I may have awoken differently. That was my first time trying Belsomra (I had a free sample) I will get a script tomorrow."

Devvy June 27, 2018

For Insomnia "I have had insomnia for years and years. After about 1 hour I was able to sleep on Belsomra. The problem I had with it was waking every hour. It would be suddenly as if someone was waking me from a deep sleep."

girlie (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Insomnia "Just plain does not work as a sleep aid ,very expensive as well"

Gary (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2018

For Insomnia "I’ve been on sleeping pills for 20 years. I like this drug, but the downside is it doesn’t knock me out. However, when I fall asleep I stay asleep. If I happened to get up in the middle of the night, I can go right back to sleep. "

Anonymous June 23, 2018

For Insomnia "The best nights of sleep I have had in all the years after losing my son. Was on ambien 8 years and would get about 4 hours a night doctor changed to Belsomra at 10mg and I have slept for seven hours a night it has been a miracle and I have no side effects or groggy in the morning only thing it is expensive but I am trying along with doctor to get a lower price from manufacture. I guess it effects everyone different after reading reviews but it has been a life saver for me. I am also not tired during day and not addictive like ambien."

Wally June 11, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes