User Reviews for Belsomra

Insomnia
3.5

Summary of Belsomra reviews 3.5 350 reviews

Reviews for Belsomra

For Insomnia "The best nights of sleep I have had in all the years after losing my son. Was on ambien 8 years and would get about 4 hours a night doctor changed to Belsomra at 10mg and I have slept for seven hours a night it has been a miracle and I have no side effects or groggy in the morning only thing it is expensive but I am trying along with doctor to get a lower price from manufacture. I guess it effects everyone different after reading reviews but it has been a life saver for me. I am also not tired during day and not addictive like ambien."

Wally June 11, 2018

For Insomnia "Took belsomra which didn't work. Instead it brought on panic attacks. Wow not good for me"

Suz June 7, 2018

For Insomnia "I am an attorney under a lot of stress and have difficulty sleeping. My primary care physician stopped prescribing all my medications (including seizure). I was referred to a new neurologist and he prescribed belsomra at 5mg. After 5 days of getting less than 4 hours sleep and he said to stay with the dosage for one month. This is unacceptable to me. I find this is not a good sleeping aid all."

JHS (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Insomnia "If there was a way to give negative stars I would. Where do I start? My insurance company required a pre-auth. It took my docs office awhile to fulfil the request, which I already anticipated. Then I get the call from the doc that the pharmacy has it! I'm like, YES! I can sleep. Well, the pharmacy says it's on order. Ugh, fine. I wait another day. Get it and that night took the pill and waited for it to work its magic. Problem is that it never worked any magic. All it did was keep me WIDE awake for hours. It was stupid expensive. Just don't try this stuff--it's a waste of money."

Momma416 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Insomnia "This is the worst med I've taken for my sleep problems (Insomnia). It has not helped at all. I did the 9 days and then my Psych prescribed me the 30 day supply. I've taken 20 mg Belsomra at night and nothing."

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

For Insomnia "Trying this drug for one night was one of the scariest experiences ever and I feel thankful to be alive today. I had extreme hallucinations and did not sleep. I was trying to operate my phone and I couldn’t. I was alone, and was thinking of calling 911, but I couldn’t manage to operate my iPhone! I have had severe chronic insomnia for 10 years, and I’ve been taking eszopiclone (Lunesta) every night for all of that time. Eszopiclone doesn’t always work fantastically for me and I decided to give Belsomra a try for a night. Now I’m feeling thankful that eszopiclone works so well after the horrible experience of trying Belsomra."

Lillian (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Insomnia "Have suffered from insomnia on and off for 20 years. Currently average 4 hours of sleep at night. I am currently RXd 3mg of Klonopin, so 1mg at night as well. My psychiatrist RXd 20mg Belsomra. My insurance doesn't cover it, so it was $330 for 30 tablets - insane. So I did the 'free trial' offered by Merck. I took my first tablet last night, 20mg Belsomra (and 1mg Klonopin) at 9:45pm. I was shocked that it started working so quickly - within 10 minutes I started feeling the effects. I felt a heaviness in my body, and a weird 'out of it' feeling. After 45mins or so, I was out of it. It was unpleasant and stronger than the Z drugs. I did fall asleep much quicker than usual, and slept through the night. Upon awakening I was groggy. So, im giving it a 5 out of 10, as it did put me to sleep and keep me asleep; however, the side effects were borderline intolerable - and it's expensive. Be aware that the physical effects are especially potent."

ASB May 26, 2018

For Insomnia "I am being forced to change from Ambien to Belsomra, as My Doctor will no longer prescribe Ambien after 10 years . I am scared to death of going to bed tonight. I am not able to take medications such as Tylonal PM or Nyquil because they give me night terrors , I also have tried Lunista and it was horrible. I hope this stuff works."

page han May 25, 2018

For Insomnia "I was taking Belsomera for one month from January to February 2018 and I suffered 2 seizures with in 8 days. I don't recommend this medication at all. I am 70 years old and a male. I think the seizure risk should be listed on the side effects."

Barneyg4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

For Insomnia "Good, experience for me first night with Belsomra. We all know that the drugs effect us all differently. I just hate the we sufferers have to just try a new Med before we know how it will effect us. The reviews can be terrifying to super encouraging... I have super bad bouts with insomnia. ZERO sleep for more nights in a row than I care to recall. It just doesn't even seem real. I have limited success with the Benzos at high dosage, but the side effects, namely the depression is just unbearable the next day. Same thing with Ambien. I am so encouraged by the Belsomra last night, as it seemed like I was running out of options. I got samples for 20 mg, but I am leery of the drugs nowadays, so I cut it in half (along with 25 mg of Benadryl about 1/2 hour earlier). I wanted to see if I tolerated it before going to 20 mg if necessary. Seemed to lull me to sleep and keep me there. I woke up once during the night. Honestly, the best night sleep I've had in a couple months. Really thankful."

kcocilo May 22, 2018

For Insomnia "I’m writing this from my hospital bed. Yesterday taking my daughter to the doctor I collapsed at the office. Out for about 5 minutes. Don’t remember much of ambulance ride to hospital. I had slurred speech. Couldn’t move arms or legs. Thought I had a stroke. Blood test came back positive for barbiturates. Belsomra is the only thing new in my system and after reading this happened to someone else it’s safe to say I will never take it again. Husband flushed it down the toilet. I collapsed in front of my 17 year old daughter and scared her and hate that this happened."

Tina (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

For Insomnia "Took 20mg at 9:00pm. Now 11:30pm and feel no effects at all. Stomach a bit queasy. Glad these were samples. Am running out of things to try. I need sleep,"

Alhud (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Insomnia "Didn't work at all..worst of money"

Shaki May 6, 2018

For Insomnia "I had a dreadful experience with this drug. It helped me fall asleep but the weak legs is the wrong term for it. My legs got wobbly and I would collapse. This is not dizzy standing up. I fell to the ground. I could not even move enough to crawl to my phone to call 911. This lasted for hours. I was taken by ambulance. Drs were concerned that I had a stroke. Symptoms were similar. I could barely talk. Words came out slurred. I couldn’t focus my eyes. Dr Said it was the med. Oh, that was the second visit. They kept me overnight to monitor me. Second visit was way worse. I had already stopped the med day before. I know this drug will work for some people, but I recommend having someone there that can monitor you. If you have same reaction unless they can physically can carry you, you would have to call ambulance. You will be dead weight"

Ebag (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2018

For Insomnia "Does NOTHING for me."

Skippy (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Insomnia "This medication increased my REM and deep sleep and my total sleep time. If I woke I was not awake as long. I did not toss and turn as much."

Dianimus (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Insomnia "Disclaimer: I do not have clinical insomnia, I have just started a new antidepressant (I’ve been on about 6) and I haven’t been able to sleep for a month. Waking up at least 6 times a night and just staring at the wall for hours. When I’d finally sleep I was plagued by night terrors that left me covered in sweat and shaking. After panic attacks, near hospitalisation for the second time and feeling like I was honest to god losing my mind, my new angel doctor prescribed me belsomra 20mg to take half an hour before bed. I was sceptical as I’ve tried so many things...valerian, prescription and non prescription melatonin, seroquel etc... I took it and my body just started to relax and I felt sleepy. But that’s not all - my mind started to relax. I slept amazingly. I have only woken up once and I immediately went back to sleep. Instead of waking angry and anxious at 11am. I am up, calm and happy at 8:30am. Miracle."

Rubydoob April 16, 2018

For Insomnia "Didn't work for me. I have no complaints because I can see how it would benefit others. Within 30 mins of taking it I could definitely feel my body shutting down but it had no effect on my brain. My problem has always been not being able to turn my brain off in order to fall asleep and this medication simply didn't address that issue."

rms9980 (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Insomnia "Had side effects, leg weakness, upper respiratory infection. Couldn’t stay asleep, woke up every 2 to 3 hours.This medication is terrible!"

Cc (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Insomnia "Rather than help me sleep, it created anxiety and a feeling of pressure in my head. I stayed up the whole night. I would have been better off taking nothing."

Dale April 12, 2018

For Insomnia "Expensive drug and worthless. Didn't help at all, almost like a placebo pill."

Elm (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Insomnia "This medication is the only thing that has helped me sleep in the past 3 years. I have been prescribed Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, Temazepam, Ambien, and Lunesta for sleep. Nothing worked. Recently saw my Psychiatrist who offered me 9 sample pills of Belsomra 20mg. I was hesitant to take the med due to the reviews I read and how new it was. The first night taking Belsomra, it took effect quickly and within 30 minutes I was sound asleep. I slept for 9 uninterrupted hours and woke up feeling great. No headache, not tired or groggy, didn’t feel spaced out whatsoever. For me, this medication has no side effects and has been incredibly helpful in allowing me to fall asleep and stay asleep. So far I have taken Belsomra for 16 nights consecutively and it has proved to work consistently and effectively. Unfortunately it is expensive and there is no generic(yet). But in my opinion, you can’t put a price tag on a solid night of sleep. Always remember, medication can effect everyone differently."

BHB32 April 11, 2018

For Insomnia "This drug acts like a placebo. Does not work at all at 20mg. Awake til 5am every night I used it. Absolutely hated it"

jt (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Insomnia "Waste of money did nothing"

Chuck (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2018

For Insomnia "After suffering from insomnia for over 20 years I tried Belsomra after reading reviews,etc. I found it to cause me a little drowsiness but not enough to enable me to sleep. If anything it kept my mind awake and gave me a headache, this happened on every occasion I took Belsomra. The next day I feel horrible, tired and lethargic with still a headache. I have tried many medications over the years and the only one I have found to give me great results and great sleep without horrible side effects is Stillnox. If this is taken correctly, straight before going to bed it is great for insomnia but only downfall is it cannot be used for long periods of time hence the reason I tried Belsomra. Disappointed in what Belsomra offers & what it actually delivers,for $65 for 30 tablets. I was very disappointed"

Jojo (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018