User Reviews for Belsomra

Learn more about Belsomra.

Insomnia 183 reviews 110 medications

3.7
Summary of Belsomra reviews 183 reviews 3.7

Reviews for Belsomra

For Insomnia "Very effective for my 20 year insomnia problem. No side effects other than a slow start in the morning. I'm functioning normal during the day for the first time in years. I had terrible side effects from all other sleep meds. Expensive but worth it. Using a low dose. Nightly lights out routine works well."

Ocean007 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 23, 2016

For Insomnia "I developed insomnia when pregnant, nearly 16 years ago! Doctors have tried everything.Medidation. Melatonin, improving sleep hygeine, restoril, trazadone, seroquel, ambien, lunesta, and belsomra. Even when double the doses of these medicines, nothing helps EXCEPT belsomra. Granted, I have to take the max dose. But I have a 1 hour commute one way to work each day. I've never felt drowsy, just well rested."

lotusblossoms78 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2016

For Insomnia "Still not sure is this is "The One" but it sure beats everything else I've tried out when it comes to helping me stay asleep. I used to wake up multiple times a night, or I would wake and not go back to sleep. Now I wake up just once or twice and more often than not, I do eventually go back to sleep. So I'll give it another few weeks and see if I can't sleep through the whole night. Hopefully my sleep will continue to improve. 15 mg seems to be best for me. Download the coupon from the website and pay $1/pill."

Anonymous August 8, 2016

For Insomnia "I might as well take niquil or Benadry! It doesn't work AT ALL!! Garbage!!!"

mylenep August 1, 2016

For Insomnia "I have had trouble falling asleep for years. Prosom works well for me. My doctor wanted me to start alternating so I do not build up a tolerance so last night I tried 15mg of belsomra . In my opinion it is NOT for the people who cannot FALL asleep. I felt very tired(a natural tired, yawning like crazy) my body wanted to fall asleep but as usual my brain was not having it. After 1 1/2 hours of laying trying to fall asleep, I took the one last xanex I had and fell asleep 20 minutes later. I did however sleep soundly and wanted to sleep longer when I woke to my alarm. I had no side effects but I do feel tired starting my work day but the tiredness is wearing off. This may be worth a try for people who cant stay asleep."

Dawnmarialisa July 28, 2016

For Insomnia "I am wide awake all night. Then I woke up at 8:00am to put the dog out, are breakfast and went back to bed til noon. I've only had it 4 times and am calling my doctor in the morning. I am taking 20 mg. the highest recommended dosage."

Fragile delicate flower July 26, 2016

For Insomnia "First off this medicine is waaaaay over priced. My doctor didn't have any samples but I went online and they offer a free ten day trial. I highly suggest you try it before you commit. It did not make me fall asleep or remain asleep. I would place this right up there with a heavy dose of Tylenol pm's."

Stephanke (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

For Insomnia "I started taking Belsomra after my Ambien became not as effective. It was expensive, but I hoped it would change my life. I've had insomnia for almost 20 years. It seemed to work ok at first, but the longer you take it, the worse it gets. Sleep paralysis is just the beginning. Night terrors, violent dreams and very thin sleep followed. By the time I decided to go back to Ambien, I hadn't had a real sleep in months. Don't bother trying."

Bluerio July 9, 2016

For Insomnia "I have been taking this for about a month. I don't know why. It is not only ineffective, but it also comes with some sneaky side effects, such as loss of appetite, increased depression, and back pain. Doesn't even work that well for sleep anyway. Forget about it!"

Johnnie3 (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

For Insomnia "I've tried lunesta, ambien, and trazodone for insomnia. None of these worked very well for me. Thank god I found Belsoma. I received a trial pack and experimented with different doses. The 5 mg and 10 mg seemed worthless and had no noticeable effect. I decided to go with the 20 mg and wow, what a difference! It usually takes me over 1 hour to fall asleep, but with the 20 mg belsoma, I've been consistently falling asleep within 20 minutes!! I understand this medicine has not performed well for a majority of other people, however, my body chemistry has responded very positively to it. So my opinion is if other insomnia medications have not worked for you, give this one a try and make sure you go with the 20 mg."

Strutzy (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Insomnia "This med is not worth 2 cents!! Took 15mg 1st night...tossed and turned...took it at 10:30 and I was still wide awake..I was on serquil but it caused weight gain..I'm asking my psychiatric dr for ambien, or some thing..I'm gonna try 30mg..see how that works. ..I don't like it"

Sgrho (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2016

For Insomnia "Did not help me go to sleep but relaxed me. But I got a headache that seemed to increase during my 10 day trial. I do not like it and will not get any more"

Llalu June 18, 2016

For Insomnia "This was a nightmarish experience for me. I ran out of my regular Temazepam and forgot to pick it up at the pharmacy, so I popped a 20mg Belsomra that my MD gave me a free sample of. About an hour into the drug, I started feeling very dizzy and my head felt so heavy, and I immediately felt this strong urge to knock out and fall into a deep slumber, so I went to my bed and started falling asleep. However, I started experiencing major sleep paralysis - it felt like it lasted for a long time, and my body just couldn't move even though my mind was fully aware and conscious of what was happening. Later on during the night, I kept falling asleep and waking up sporadically. By this morning, I was beat and vowed never to take this again."

Ele321 June 10, 2016

For Insomnia "I have suffered from insomnia for many years and tried a lot of different meds to help me stay asleep. I had no problem falling asleep but I would only stay asleep 1 to 4 hours and some nights I wouldn't sleep at all. Sometimes I went 6 to 14 days with only cat naps for 15-30 minutes during the day. I would even fall asleep exercising riding a stationary bike. But no more! I have been on Belsorma fo about 3 1/2 months and I feel like a new person. Now I'm sleeping 6 -10 hours a night. Sure I still have a few nights(about 10) where I only sleep 3-5 hours. But I'll take that ANY day compared to the past. I started out on 10mg and have just moved up to 20mg. But no side affects. Except perhaps a little weight gain. But it's worth it. Go ahead!"

amierennee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

For Insomnia "Drug did nothing to help me sleep. I got headaches and also my depression and anxiety worsened. No thanks. Back to ambien."

Mauigurl28 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Insomnia "A major rip off even with really good insurance there was a 50 dollar copay! After 6 hours, I was still wide awake Not even drowsy Got up, cooked, went shopping, did housework all day went to bed at midnight, tried it again . Sometime 5 hours later I finally went to sleep from pure exhaustion. Very dissatisfied."

K.kat (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

For Insomnia "I have had trouble staying asleep for several years and have often had trouble being drowsy at work or while driving. I didn't expect much from Belsomra after reading about it, but the 20 mg tablets worked like a miracle. It seems that Belsomra doesn't so much put me to sleep as lets me sleep. I was usually able get back to sleep without any trouble when awakened in the middle of the night, but could function if I had to. I do feel a little "zoned" at night, but nothing like the effects of other drugs. I have no "hangover" the next day, and I feel more alert and energetic than I have for a long time. Given other people's reviews, perhaps this drug is not for everyone, but for me it works very well and may be worth giving a it try."

Oscar the Grey May 2, 2016

For Insomnia "I took 15 mg samples and had success right from the beginning. Fell asleep within 30 minutes and stayed asleep all night! Woke up feeling rested and refreshed!! My fit bit clocked the most deep sleep hours than I ever have without a sleep aid. I am one of those people that does not like taking any medication, so I will use this ONLY when I think I will not be able to unwind and sleep deeply. Exercise and hard work are the best ways to exhaust your body and sleep deeply, and I prefer that before drugs. On a scale on 1-10, my insomnia is about a 7. Belsomra absolutely works with my body chemistry at least for now."

Marsha67 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Insomnia "I can fall asleep very easily, but my problem is staying asleep. Not only did this product keep me awake all night, but I woke up with a severe headache, stomach cramps, dizziness, and grogginess the entire next day. I felt like I was hungover. Never again. I'm sticking to Z-Quil."

Worst. Sleep Med. Ever. (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Insomnia "Helps to fall asleep and stay asleep."

JJNNC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2016

For Insomnia "Got 3 10 mg samples. Tried half a pill first night...nothing. Then tried a 10 mg second night...nothing. Then tried 15 mg and still nothing. Called it quits after that."

bsouthe1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2016

For Insomnia "It's working well so far. it did take a week to get into my system."

Asiacalico (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Insomnia "Two sleepless nights. I took 10mg the first night and 15mg the second night. Giving them back to the doctor since she gave me samples."

Anonymous April 3, 2016

For Insomnia "This was the worst insomnia drug I have ever tried. It seemed to wake me every one to two hours in a semi-awake, paralytic state while still living the nightmare. I also have bad anxiety which it seems to make worse. I recently called my doctor and unloaded on them. Thank God I only took samples and will not be paying for the prescription."

BrandonF30 March 31, 2016

For Insomnia "I've started on the 10 mg. So far so good. I got the first 10 for free. I've tried it with other sleep meds, it seems to perform better with a small amount of Halcion. I think it would perform as good by itself maybe at 15 mg. I'm going to try one more round of 10 tabs (likely the 15 mg). I don't think anything past 20 mgs, would be advisable. I also have little or no hang over as long as I dose around 10 pm and wake up at 7 am. I rate it an 8 right now because it requires a lot of forethought to stay on schedule. It's about as effective as halcion but you reach more rem state sleep and experience very little amnesia like one would on halcion."

Drug_scientist1970 (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016