User Reviews for Belsomra

Insomnia
3.6

Summary of Belsomra reviews 3.6 386 reviews

Reviews for Belsomra

For Insomnia "So, first off, I'm peeved that you cannot contact anyone who leaves comments. Would be super nice if they were to incorporate this review section into a forum of sorts. (Ed: check out the Belsomra Support Group for this feature under the Q&A heading) Anyway -- I've never seen a drug on drugs.com with a worse rating than this one. Super great for those of you that this has been helpful. BUT(!) add me to the list of, never gonna take this again. I took this for 3 nights, and although I DID sleep relatively decent each night, the following days have been misery. Pretty sure I don't do well with things which work on the GABA receptors. I wake up in a funk that has me just very melancholic and feeling quite 'blah'. No thanks."

IfLifeWasButADream (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Insomnia "Awful. It was an expensive purchase too. I took this drug once, it gave me a full blown panic attack, nausea, and I threw up. Because I threw up I was then too scared to go to sleep in case I threw up again in my sleep. I stayed awake feeling like I had taken a bad trip. Eventually I fell asleep propped up. I am a 38 year old female. The rest of the packet will go in the bin, a waste of $60."

Ric (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Insomnia "I've been on Ambien 16 years was prescribed 10mg then started taking the 12mg Ambien CR then it would only keep me asleep for 3 or so hours at a time so my Dr gave me samples of this Belsomra 20mg, I took it at 11pm here I am at 4am and still wide awake, not impressed or rested by no means. I will not be taking any of this anymore as it doesn't work at least my Ambien gave me 3-4 hours of rest at a time, no hard side effects other than WIDE AWAKE which is not what I wanted, I'd advise anyone whom has taken Ambien or lunesta or any other sleep aid that if it remotely works not to ever try this sleep aide, it is definitely not what you would expect."

Bravesgirl2go (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Insomnia "I recently stopped taking all benzos and was up all night for 5 weeks. I became concerned that I was going to end up in a hospital so I approached my doctor about a possible solution. He did not want to prescribe me Ambien or Lunesta, both of which I have been on in the past and worked fine for the most part with no apparent side effects, and suggested Belsomra. I paid three times as much for that medication and was surprised by the security packaging that it came in. Surprisingly, it has done nothing! I cannot fall asleep without a fight and wake up many times throughout the night. The only way I know that I can tell that I was asleep is by the difference between thoughts and dreams. Very disappointed! Don't waste you time and money on Belsomra."

Krox (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2018

For Insomnia "I've found Belsomra to be my enemy, not my friend. I have so many side effects besides not working well, at all, after three hours of sleep. After three days of use, I am totally exhausted yet I'm too wired to nap, have constant chills, have chest pains and shortness of breath (just had echo stress test, heart totally normal), diarrhea, cough, GERD... Please don't be fooled by the ads and expensive price tag. It doesn't always do what it says."

Sleepless in NV (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

For Insomnia "I was prescribed the drug to help me get me through all the sleep cycles. On the first night I took it, I got about 3 hours of sleep. Night two and day three, I was awake for over 24 hrs! My doctor stopped it immediately and started me back on Lunesta at 10 mg which helped but I’ve not slept more than 7 hours."

Tarheel Girl (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Insomnia "I am 19 and I have been taking this pill 15mg for less than a month it doesn't work at all. Tonight I took it at 10pm and here I am unable to sleep and it's 3 am."

Anonymous October 12, 2018

For Insomnia "I don't have insomnia, I work nights and have trouble sleeping during the day. I had been using diphenhydramine but after 15 yrs it no longer works. So thenI tried doxylamine succinate, it kinda works sometimes. My current routine is half of a 25mg unisom and 10mg melatonin. I just received a sample of Belsomra, read 10 pages of horror stories from this website, decided to wait until my day off to take it for fear of having to go to work with no sleep and feeling like garbage. This morning I took my regular half of a unisom, then after a small bowl of cereal I let the Belsomra dissolve under my tongue with my melatonin. I slept without waking up at all, I don't know about the quality of sleep but it was nice to not wake up a dozen times. I did not get any of the nasty side effects others reported, although I was looking forward to the crazy vivid nightmares, but I'm just weird like that. Anyway, I may try the Belsomra by itself and see what happens."

flipclone October 11, 2018

For Insomnia "I have tried every medicine that I know of. My Dr put me on Belsomra 30mg. Lots of weird dreams. I also take seroquel. Seroquel put weight on me like crazy. I have cut my dosage to 200mg and the belsomra. I have only taken less than two weeks. Not sure yet. My Dr. Gave me two cards. One is for 10 free days of each dosage. 10mg, 20mg, and 30mg. I noticed a lot of people talking about the cost."

texasred (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

For Insomnia "I’ve been taking this med for 12 days and I’m getting only about 3 hours of sleep per night. It hasn’t helped. I’m going to give it a month."

Ljt October 3, 2018

For Insomnia "Have been suffering from insomnia for about six months now. Tried different medications and some worked but after couple of nights would stop working. So have been alternating different medicines letting the previous one leave my body. Dr. Prescribed Belsomra 15 mg. Picked up yesterday afternoon. Of course the insurance did not cover it and had to pay $150 for 10 tablets ($15 a pop). Took it at 10 pm with great hopes that I could get some sleep. Here I am at 4am writing this review. I understand different people react differently to drugs but it did not work for me at all. It even made the insomnia worse. I just took Alpazolam hoping to get some sleep. 9/30/18"

Iraj (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Insomnia "Hello all, I’ve read all the reviews here and decided to try Belsomra after getting it prescribed. Was of course reluctant after all the scary experiences! Thought about it for a week and saved it for a weekend night! Had a light snack after 45 mins. Got cozy and stayed awake (with difficulty!) for another hour to monitor any side effects. saw halo like light around objects and was more aware of sounds. Nothing at all scary (for me). My body was extremely relaxed and felt very light. It was a pleasant experience. Woke up about an hour later with a quite intense feeling of floating I feel awake rested and kind of euphoric. I have a lot of stress in life. I’ve had insomnia for around 15 years. Tip: be in a familiar environment, be sure to drink water, as a bit of muscle pain in legs did occur until I downed 2 waters. I do not drink or smoke and I am not on any psychotropics. I took it pure with nothing else, not even vitamins. I’m 45 and in very good health. "

Anonymous September 29, 2018

For Insomnia "I I have had insomnia for years and started belsomra 4 months ago. I take it one hour before I want to go to sleep and I have been lucky not to experience side effects that others have. I do wake up during the night but only to use the bathroom and am able to fall back asleep pretty quickly. Sometimes I feel a little more tired in the morning but after my cup of coffee I am fine. I do not drive so I don't have to worry about that. I just feel like I got a good night's sleep which is pretty much a miracle for me."

Sleeping on the cape September 18, 2018

For Insomnia "This medicine did nothing but keep me awake. I thought it would help me to sleep. I threw it in the garbage. Waste of $$$$!"

Bama girl (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

For Insomnia "I've been using Belsomra for about 2 weeks now. It has not helped I am still waking up after being asleep only 2-3 hrs and not being able to fall back to sleep. I does cause more frequent nighttime urination and dry mouth."

Bobby (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Insomnia "I work in a busy ER and suffer from insomnia. I have tried multiple medications including Ambien and Temazepam. Nothing ever works! My doctor recommended this medication and I was optimistic and looking forward to getting some sleep. WRONG!! I might have slept 15 minutes all night. So tired. Now so get to go back to work exhausted with no sleep. So dissatisfied and discouraged!!"

RTR (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Insomnia "Tried this reluctantly after Ambien. Does not knock you out but does work if you take an hour before bed and actually lay down with lights off, etc. Vivid dreams at first but tapers off. No side effects. MUCH better than Trazodone. Been taking for two months now (15 mg). People who take this for a day or two then complain might not be giving it enough time to work. "

Bobalaneo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

For Insomnia "Thought I'd chuck a positive review on this garbage pile. After a lifetime of chronic, treatment resistant insomnia, Belsomra is working pretty well for me. It took a week or so to start being effective (possibly because of coming off Ambien, which I'm sure is the case for a lot of people here) and will now reliably put me to sleep within an hour or so of taking it. It's not perfect and I still wake up during the night but have no problem going back to sleep. No noticeable side effects so far. It's no Ambien, and it wont totally knock you out, but it's working well for me where everything else has failed. Worth the (very high) cost for me. It's definitely worth persisting with if it doesn't work right away, I didn't get results until the second week."

Blomglonko (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Insomnia "This med had several unpleasant side effects. It put me into a twilight zone and caused a severe headache, nightmares, frequent urination, dry mouth and caused drowsiness that lasted well into the late morning. $65.00 for a horrible experience."

Monica (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Insomnia "Hi, I just started Belsomra last night and the effects started about 20 minutes after taking it. I felt drowsy and then went to sleep. Whilst I remember waking up a few times during the night, I was in this nice drowsy feeling and just went back to sleep again. I have had no side effects which is surprising, as I am on a number of antidepressant drugs i.e. Lamictal, Pristiq and Brintellex but had absolutely no side effects at all. Here's hoping!"

Tiggs69 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Insomnia "I've suffered with insomnia for years on end and have had no luck finding anything that will help me sleep so my Dr prescribed belsomra to try. I took it at 11:20pm and was wide awake all night into the next day. About 2 hours after taking it I started getting a horrible headache that wouldn't go away. The next day I felt as though I had drank a bottle of vodka. I was nauseous, headache, "foggy" mind feeling, felt off balance and just plain horrible. I took it 1 night and never again. I would advise against this medication. I called my Dr and he said stop taking it so now I have to go back to hopefully find something that will work."

Taylor (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

For Insomnia "Belsomra does not work as it should"

Grace (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Insomnia "This is the only medicine that has worked for me without bad side effects. It makes me so tired and relaxed about an hour after I take it. I do have some weird dreams but nothing bad. I am never groggy the next day and I always feel like I got a good night's sleep. I love it."

Savannah (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Insomnia "I have trouble falling asleep. I have used 15 mg temazepam for five years with no problems. My doctor thinks it is a dangerous drug, and we have been exploring alternatives. I took 10 mg Belsomra last night after I became drowsy. Not only did it keep me wide awake all night, it also caused a very mild paralysis."

sashamanda (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

For Insomnia "Dr.took me off Lorazapam, said l couldn t take any more, because l also took percocet for back pain. I was given samples of belsomra, this is my 3rd night of the drug. I am wide awake at 2 am haven't slept for the past three nights."

sanraz (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...