User Reviews for Lunesta (Page 2)

Insomnia 6.0

Reviews for Lunesta

Pork · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

For Insomnia: “Was on 22.5 mg remron. Went to sleep study consult and neurologist stopped the remron ,which wasn't working, and prescribed lunesta 2mg at bedtime. First night I was exhausted . I slept ok. Next night took at 7 pm. Dozed off quickly but woke up at 10:38 with anxiety. I laid awake rest of the night. Next day... Same thing. Just can't sleep with this drug. ”

Carlitos · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 2, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have used Lunesta for several years. (Bad choice). Increasingly I have taken falls trying to get to the bathroom. Alarmingly, I feel partially paralyzed and cannot get up when this has happened. I spent too many nights sleeping on the floor until the drug clears from my system. I am finally breaking my addiction.”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2019

For Insomnia: “I used this the first day and seemed to work, probably because I was so exhausted. Took it the second day and didn’t work at all. Decided to give it another try and, well, here I am typing a review and not sleeping. I will be junking this medication in the morning.”

Roxy · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 24, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have been on Lunesta 3mg for the last, after many trials of others, Lunesta did help me fall asleep. However, I would wake up every third night or so and binge eat. Like...I have gained ten Pounds over over the last several months that I don’t remember eating!! Ambien did the same thing to a lesser degree.”

Marisim · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

For Insomnia: “Unable to sleep at all with Lunesta. Lay awake all night. Did not work for me.”

Byebye October 15, 2019

For Insomnia: “The horrid taste made me flush the bottle after two tries. And the taste lasted a longgggg time. Gross no”

Bunny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 13, 2019

For Insomnia: “I’ve been on Lunesta for 6-7 months and occasionally would rarely have a night that it didn’t work. However, it has stopped working for me the last week. I slept well last night but it’s much more likely due to exhaustion. Now here I am at 2:47 am wide awake. I get so frustrated because nothing seems to help and I don’t understand why I suffer so badly with this!”

Sleeplessnights · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2019

For Insomnia: “I took 2.5 mg of Lunesta the other night. I felt drowsy initially but when I went to try and fall asleep, I couldn't. I laid in bed exhausted and unable to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I took it again the 2nd night and I may have caught an hour or two of sleep. I'm honestly not sure. I know they say to give it a week or two to kick in but my sleep is worse than it was before. It's going to be a long and exhausting few weeks.”

Detoxing Opiates Insomnia · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2019

For Insomnia: “I've been on prescription pain meds for years. Detoxing for two weeks now. Couldn't fall asleep till 1-2am then I'd wake up 2 hrs later. I was so exhausted that I went to my dr yesterday to ask for help. 2mg Lunesta, my error to have taken it too soon after eating so it took longer to work - about an hour to kick in before I finally fell asleep. Woke up twice in 12 hrs to pee ( I am 60 male ) and went right back to sleep. Even dreamed so I hit REM sleep! Ambien is a benzo. I was already on ativan. So ambien was not an option. Lunesta worked well for me. 12 hrs sleep! Yay.”

RG · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2019

For Insomnia: “I slept ok on this. Not as good as other sleep meds I took, but Lunesta did help.”

BJ · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

For Insomnia: “Taking Luesta is takes an hour to get drowsy. Causes memory issues. Less than 8 sleep after taking the medication. ”

Lauren F. · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

For Insomnia: “Have dealt with insomnia for nearly 2 decades, majority of the time I go unmedicated but at times I just cannot function and require medication. Have been on a plethora of meds over the years, but never tried lunesta. Was told it is one of the best sleep medications. 2MG Did absolutely NOTHING the first night I tried it. Tried two additional nights, same results. Will not be using this again. Unisom works better.”

gpmo8691 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 18, 2019

For Insomnia: “Have been taking 1.5mg nightly for over 1 solid year & have not noticed any significant tolerance. It's also far less disorienting than Ambien was for me. The metallic taste in the morning upon waking up is definitely noticeable but goes away after I'm up for an hour or so.”

Max · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2019

For Insomnia: “Compared to other medications I have taken like Clonazepam for Sleep/Anxiety it works very well and is extremely long acting compared to Zolpidem. It did have a bad metal taste but other then that it worked great”

John · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 26, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have been taking 3 mg Lunesta for about a year now. It is AMAZING!! I can function after taking it, but when I go to bed--I am out! I don't sleepwalk or hallucinate. I am not hungover the next day. I love Lunesta!”

Awake guy · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

For Insomnia: “My first night on Lunesta. I am on 2MG. I took the pill at 9:30pm. It’s had no affect on me. It now 12:40 am & I'm up watching TV. I did go to bed for 2 hours in a cool dark room. I never got sleepy”

DD · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2019

For Insomnia: “Slept two hours woke up with anxiety and wide awake this stuff is garbage”

Sleepy · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Insomnia: “Lunesta helps me relax prior to bed. I've been taking it for 4 weeks and now I want to stop. I was recently diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea and it doesn't matter which pill I take.....it won't lead to restful sleep with sleep apnea. I now have CPAP and want to try sleeping without drugs. I'm nervous about withdrawal symptoms.”

Anonymous June 3, 2019

For Insomnia: “I hated it don’t take it!!!”

Carlitos May 25, 2019

For Insomnia: “This pill is the best ever to help sleep, not druggy feeling, no tired feeling when you wake up. I am 64 year old and I been looking for a pill for many the doesn’t leave me tired or give me anxiety effects, Carlitos”

Light sleeper · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 17, 2019

For Insomnia: “To those that get the bad taste. My doc recommended putting water in mouth without swallowing and insert the pill then swallow. Don’t allow the pill to touch your mouth and you won’t get the horrible taste.”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have insomnia and this medicine did nothing for me. I do healthy nightly routines & everything on top of that.”

Lcs6711 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 12, 2019

For Insomnia: “Ambien is better. Have to take too much Lunesta just to get to sleep and then only sleep in two hour stretches. Doesn't seem to have same calming properties as Ambien”

chicagopd · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

For Insomnia: “In 2013 my PCP prescribed this for me for insomnia. At that time I would fall asleep quickly by 10-11:00 pm but awaken by 3-4:00 am & could not go back to sleep. The first night I took this med, I slept quite well. I opened my eyes and the bedroom was upside down. I was so scared. I rubbed my eyes, room went right side up allowing me to go to the bathroom. As I sit on the toilet with my eyes closed then open them up, bathroom went upside down. I was freaking out. I repeated the eye rubbing process & everything went normal again. I was groggy the whole day & night. I was prescribed 5 mg. The next evening I cut the pill in half and I was fine the next morning but the grogginess continued. I couldn’t even drive my car for 2-3 days. I continue to have sleep problems of a different nature but fearful to try it again. Melatonin 3, 5, 7 mg works for 1-2 days then it’s no longer effective.”

Laurie · Taken for less than 1 month March 26, 2019

For Insomnia: “I took the generic form of Lunesta- eszopiclone as the Lunesta brand is so expensive that you could pay your entire rent with only two bottles. The generic stuff works okay, but it leaves the most annoying, awful metallic taste in your mouth for the entire duration, the moment it hits you bloodstream.”