User Reviews for Lunesta (Page 3)

Insomnia 6.0

Reviews for Lunesta

SleeplessHead · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 24, 2019

For Insomnia: “LUNESTA WORKS. My daily sleeping pill is 25mg hydroxyzine by TEVA. It no longer puts me to sleep by itself, and sometimes I still am wide awake for hours, or even days. I call those emergency situations. I take a Lunesta 1mg for those situations, and at least half the time it sends me to sleep. My prescription was from a year ago and I still have half a bottle left. Everyone needs options and thankfully Lunesta works for me.”

Uglo March 16, 2019

For Insomnia: “I took Lunesta for the first time and it was great, it put me to sleep within few minutes and I slept the entire night. Woke up fresh and well rested, like I haven’t been before. People are talking about bad taste, I haven’t experienced any, maybe a little dry mouth, but glass of water fixed it. I will stick to this pill for a while now.”

Scotty · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2019

For Insomnia: “Prescribed 2mg of the generic. Took it one night (two nights ago) and it did not help. Felt hungover the next day, with a cough and clear mucous and horrible nausea and diarrhea. Not worth it for me.”

Lunerzzz · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2018

For Insomnia: “I thought it was awesome at first. Put me right to sleep, but woke up after 6 hrs completely wide awake. By 4pm I am exhausted because 6 hours isn't enough. I only sleep 6 hrs every night with this (usually I sleep 10 but not very good quality). It is probably useful simply to reset my bed time to 10pm rather than 1am, but it doesn't help with overall sleep.”

Steve · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 14, 2018

For Insomnia: “Best sleeping pill I've ever taken. Doesn't knock you head over heels like Ambien. Works more like your actual sleep cycle. Keeps me asleep for a long time too. Thank you lunesta.”

Flix2020 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2018

For Insomnia: “I was on Lunesta for occasional insomnia and it worked fairly well for my insomnia when I took it on an empty stomach (minimum a few hours after dinner). That being said, it is very addictive. I’ve never had issues with substance dependence but after taking it for several days I got severe rebound insomnia, It also is very tolerance prone. Withdrawing from it was horrible and lasted for over a week, with a constant migraine-level headache, chills, nausea, diarrhea, shooting nerve pains , tremors, and absolutely terrible insomnia . So my advice, if you use it for insomnia then set a limit for yourself. It’s a god send for occasional insomnia but don’t take it for more than three nights in a row and make sure to wait a few days after using it to reduce rebound and tolerance effects. It really is a good drug for insomnia but treat it with the caution and respect it deserves because the dependence and withdrawal are horrible.”

Andy · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 4, 2018

For Insomnia: “Took it for about 5 years did the job. Generally when I cut it I get the bad taste but whole the taste is not so bad. I have been able to wean myself down to 1/2 tab and still get 5 hrs sleep. Gets the job done! I've struggled with insomnia for so many years, thanks to the manufacturers I now have something that works.”

Bill · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2018

For Insomnia: “Started taking the generic form of Lunesta a few months ago for insomnia. As long as I don't eat too close to the time I take it, it works wonders. I only take it a couple times a week because I don't want to end up with diminishing returns from taking it more often. Still trying to figure out how to prevent the horrid taste that develops next day but, for the sleep, I'll suffer for a day or two.”

KennyBoy · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 11, 2018

For Insomnia: “I've been off and on lunesta for about 7 years, tried about 5 other prescribed sleep meds and all kinds of natural & otc meds.. lunesta remains supreme! It DOES lose effectiveness quickly, worse than any other in my experience, this is why I keep trying others. After a month or 2 I'm forced to alternate off. It DOES leave a odd taste in your mouth but somehow the taste tends to help relax me. If you take this within 3 hours of eating don't bother..it's not designed to metabolize with food and it won't help you! Take on empty stomach and it goes to work quickly. I love lunesta!”

AMC's Mom · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 10, 2018

For Insomnia: “My adult son took Lunesta for insomnia. One year ago today, he took his medication as indicated and then 2 hours later, began sleep walking, tried to light a candle; and caught himself on fire. He was burned over 55% of his body. He is now missing most of his left hand, has limited use of his left arm and is permanently disabled. Our biggest caution to everyone was he had no reaction to being on fire. He never said a word and we did not find him until the fire alarms went off. Although we knew there was a risk of sleep walking we never expected the inability to react at all.”

NotRipVanWinkle September 8, 2018

For Insomnia: “So far have been taking for a month. I started at 1 mg. with little effect and am currently taking 2 mg. It's about 60% effective if measured in a ten day period. I'd take some sleep over none as I've dealt with insomnia my whole life.”

Sugarmag August 16, 2018

For Insomnia: “I absolutely love lunesta! I take 1.5mg about an hour before bed. My mind goes right into sleep zone as soon as I lay down. I slept 8 hours last night, after being awake for 36 hours. It does taste disgusting, but luckily it only last a few minutes. I tried Ambien and it works great as well, but gave me migraines the next day. I do feel it was a bit stronger and the house could cave in around me and I wouldn't wake up. With the lunesta I can wake up if I need to and still be able to fall back asleep.”

Gavin F · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2018

For Insomnia: “I have taken Lunesta 3mg tablets for 4 months now, and it works better than Ambien. I get a full night's sleep, and it helps relax my mind.”

Lo Lo · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2018

For Insomnia: “I have been on Lunesta for about a week. I have gotten the absolute best sleep in this week. I also suffer from chronic pain, but I have not experienced that much pain since taking Lunesta. Not sure how the medication affects the pain, but I am truly grateful to be feeling so much better since I started taking Lunesta. My sleep is extremely peaceful and I feel totally rested once I am up.”

Lulu · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 19, 2018

For Insomnia: “I have been taking Lunesta for about a year along with clonazepam at night. Started with 3 mg then doctor decreased to 2 mg because I suffer from depression also and he thought it might be causing me more depression. as I have to come home from work and sleep for an hour because my brain shuts down. I am still having good days and bad days but I don't think the Ambien is the problem. Still working on solution. But the key has been taking the clonazepam along with Lunesta.”

No way · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2018

For Insomnia: “DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION if you are depressed or more importantly; anxious! It will make your day time anxiety and depression much worse. Don’t even start them and just ride through the night in pain. It’s not worth it”

Momma416 · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2018

For Insomnia: “Lunesta wasn't for me! My mouth tasted like the national mint! It was terrible. Literally like I put a roll of quarters in my mouth and started sucking away. Don't even get me started on how long it lasted. If I drank anything it made it 10 times worse. That terrible taste was in my mouth for 20+ hours. One pill was enough for me. I'm willing to not sleep if sleep tastes like Lunesta.”

Sara · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2018

For Insomnia: “Nasty taste, takes 3 hours to start to have slight effects”

Ssquared · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2018

For Insomnia: “I hate Lunesta. I have bad insomnia and this medication made it way worse! It literally makes me not sleep at all! In the last 2 days I've totalled 4 hours of sleep. Took it at 9pm, laid down and 30 mins later eyes wide open both nights gave in at 4 am took some benadryl in hopes of some sleep. Slept 2 hours then bam wide awake. At one point I literally had to stop myself from getting up to mop my entire house lol I guess I'll keep it around if I ever need to pull an all nighter to clean ”

Corylynn April 19, 2018

For Insomnia: “I just moved to the USA from Canada and mollyanne43 I used to take zopiclone. I was on it for 6 yrs it was the best sleep med I've ever used also having a bad after taste but who cares if you get to actually sleep. They put me on lunesta here and the first night was ok I guess I slept about 4 hrs but now going on 6 days later I haven't slept I want to cry cause I have a 4 month old and a 4 year old I so so wish I could get my zopiclone here:( not happy with lunesta”

Elm · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 12, 2018

For Insomnia: “Been on Nelsons, trazadone, dioxipin, sonata ,ramelton and ambien etc. Lunesta is by far has been the best and really works for me. Other than the fact pill tastes horrible it's been a lifesaver. Zero side effects but try not to take after a big meal. No next day side effects like sleepwalking etc.That Ambien is dangerous stuff! So far no similar Ambien side effect. Much safer in my opinion.”

ACE · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2018

For Insomnia: “Just got off my Ambien due to the facts I was talking to myself and I would wake up with food all over me, even had sex with out remembering. And brain was like erased the next morning. Now I take lunesta for 2 months along with doxepin . Doxepin helps you stay asleep the lunesta just to help me doze off. And as for that bad taste u can scrap it off or simple wrap a single piece of tissue around it and swallow and wala no more bad taste Hope it helped but get the doxepin and you will sleep all night and not be tired”

Tami · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 26, 2018

For Insomnia: “Love LUNESTA: for me there is a huge difference between Lunesta and generic eszopiclone. With Lunesta I always went to sleep with in 10 minutes, stayed asleep and woke refreshed and clear headed. Eszopiclone the generic, gave me migraines 2 hours after taking it, nausea and insomnia. Now my insurance has stopped paying for Lunesta, they will only pay for eszopiclone and it is so horrible!! Lunesta now costs $450 out of pocket.”

Dave March 26, 2018

For Insomnia: “3mg doesn't do much to keep me asleep.”

Crabby nosleeper March 22, 2018

For Insomnia: “This is the second time I tried lunesta. Once years ago. I couldn't remember if it helped out not, I did remember the bad taste. This time I was very hestitant to try it, again. Wish I would've listened to my instincts!!! Within 10 minutes of taking it I could taste the bitter metal grossness even when I would breath! I wanted to vomit. I'll go back to Ambien. ”