User Reviews for Lunesta to treat Insomnia

Lunesta Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 92 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Lunesta

Moon June 17, 2020

“I never been sleeping well, I used to take clotiazepam (Clozan) to sleep and it was ok, only took it when it was needed, sometimes didn't do anything and had a good minty flavor, a new psychiatrist change it to Lunesta and I took it yesterday, I was in bed it didn't do anything at first and then I almost threw it up, that's when the worst started it had an horrible taste in my mouth, I got up scared and talked very off things to my family (that's what they say), I started panicking over the fact I was losing control over my body I tried quickly to google what was happening to me but I couldn't understand a word and I heard something like voices and weird music, went to the bathroom to brush my teeth twice but the taste never went away, all of these events are very blurry and I had a weird dream (I felt like I was still awake more than 3 times) and nightmares so i didn't sleep well either, I don't even wanna take it again to see if adjusts well to me.”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

“Worthless drug for my Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder. Only thing Lunesta does it make my muscles twitch on opposite sides of the body, dry mouth and a horrible taste. Leaves me feeling very panicked like I’m afraid to lose consciousness. What a disappointment.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2020

“Around 1am I decided I would probably not sleep well tonight, so I figured I would try the 3mg lunesta I was prescribed yesterday. So far it has done nothing but leave me somewhat anxious, stiffen my muscles, as well as leave a terrible taste in my mouth, made worse with every breath. It costs too much money for it to not work...”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

“3 mg. Wide awake. The pharmacist warned me to be sure to be in bed when I took it. I was. 40 minutes later, I got up to do other things. Other than the awful taste in my mouth I felt nothing.”

Batman · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

“I have taken so many medications including SSRI'S, BENZODIAZEPINES, etc. I couldn't sleep because of severe anxiety. I tried Lunesta for the first time last night. I wish my doctors had started me on this medication before they tried every mental repair medication on the market. I couldn't sleep because of my anxiety. I have noticed that since I took the Lunesta last night and actually slept without my normal 1 to 2 hour wake up cycle, I was refreshed this morning. Actually, my problems haven't gone away or changed, but after my first full night of sleep in years, my problems don't seem as bad. My tired mind magnified any little issues I had. I have taken xanax for anxiety in the past when all I really needed was good, sound interrupted sleep. Good night BENZODIAZEPINES and SSRI'S. If you sleep sound at night, the next day isn't really that bad.”

ritt February 21, 2020

“lunesta is the only drug that works. Generics... tried them all fail. Only Lunesta the brand name does. At $521 dollars a month, I am about to give it up.”

Pamby · Taken for 10 years or more February 13, 2020

“I have been taking this Lunesta for about ten years. The only reason I stay on it is because to go off of it is pretty ugly. It gives me two hours sleep - that's it. But if I go off, I'll get nothing. I take one 3 mg at bedtime, wake up in two hours, then take another 3 mg tablet with 1 mg clonazepam and that works moderately well most of the time. I am not impaired in the morning and have zero side effects unless I quit. I metabolize things very quickly, I know this. There has to be a better way. Also, don't use your insurance! It costs $300 month with insurance, and without it costs about $40.”

Bright · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

“I am a senior so I paid one hundred dollars for a one month supply of lunesta, doctor gave me 1 mg. The first night I was awake all night. Waited a couple days, tried again and I was awake all night again. I used 3 mg of melatonin with Gabapentin that Schiff used to make, Costco sold it they no longer make. It worked really well for me for several years. I recently had a widowmaker heart attack and need sleep. I am out of options despite a rigid sleep schedule. My mother brother and son have same issues. Help .”

Lucky me · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2020

“After taking 2mg Lunesta for a year it is still effective for me. To be sure I do not become acclimated I take it no more than 3x a week. Without it I max at 4 hours sleep, with it over 6 hours. I have no hangover or metallic taste in the morning.”

Jarbles · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

“Just one more random drug my psychiatrist threw out there to try to get me to sleep to prevent hypomanic episodes. It was worse than zolpidem that at least gave me two amazing nights of sleep before it pooped out and left me with headaches all night. On Lunesta, I didn’t even get an hours sleep. It was like taking an unrestful nap that couldn’t quit get deep enough to get rem sleep. The only upside is that it didn’t make me groggy when I stayed up all night cleaning, reading, making music, etc”

Petwriter January 29, 2020

“I have severe clinical depression and stupidly went off my Prozac for about four months. Then, one day, I totally crashed and was crying all the time and didn't sleep for four days. I had been given trazodone for anxiety/sleep which did nothing. I went to my psychiatrist and he gave me 3 mg of Lunesta. I took it the first night, no sleep at all. I was so desperate for sleep that the next night I took two. Had a solid and restoring 10 hours of sleep. I don't experience any metallic taste. I see they are trying to reduce the actual dosage from 3 to 1, but that is only because it makes you feel impaired the next day. I work at home and don't drive much so for me that isn't an issue. I have used Ambien in the past but it gets so much bad press that I stopped taking it. All I can say is thank you to the makers of Lunesta and Prozac. I am also on Wellbutrin so thanks to them as well.”

Cole · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2020

“I've been taking it the past week for insomnia and I've taken 1mg, 3mg, and recently 5mg. None of the have remotely made me tired at all.”

FXAZ · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2020

“Tonight was my first time using Lunesta so I had great hopes. I was on Ambien for many years so it started becoming harder and harder to fall asleep. I took Lunesta at 10:49 woke up at 12:49. With this awful taste in my mouth. I thought I may have laid down too fast trying to get off to dream land yet here I sit typing this review. While my husband snores away. Sighs”

TK · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2020

“I have been taking Lunesta for 4 weeks. I does not do anything for me.”

Jes · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2019

“Took for chronic insomnia. Miracle drug day one, next day maxed out with no relief, next day after that a tiny relief, etc. Very inconsistent relief and didn't like the bitter taste the next day. ”

Kenrosecar · Taken for 10 years or more December 18, 2019

“Now taking 3mg of Lunesta for over 13 years, it no longer works for continued sleep ,I awake 4 Hours after and am sleepy all day even with Adderall and Nuvigal, having Traumatic Brain Injury I need to have a good night sleep but haven't for 3 years now so its time for a change.”

LadySteph · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 18, 2019

“Been on 2mg Lunesta on and off for 3 yrs and it’s mostly effective. Once in a while it does nothing but as long as I take it on an empty stomach it works well. Before and during my period is when it’s less effective. Had insomnia for 15 yrs and finally at 37years old, drs will treat me with real sleep meds (Not crappy Unisom or trazedone) Ambien is scary- put me in a hypnotic-awake state! Ambien CR was my fave but Lunesta generic is cheaper. No probs with metallic taste idk what people are talking about. Just take it at least 3 hrs after dinner, get into bed with complete darkness and maybe some sleep podcasts and you’ll be in dreamland soon...”

Rella · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

“Okay my anxiety has been really high. Was taking ambien but was not working like it use to so was presxribed lunesta. No sedating effect at all. After 5 hours and meditation tapes I think I may have slept one hour”

Slugger9 · Taken for 10 years or more December 4, 2019

“I have been taking Lunesta for over 12+ yrs now, every night, never missed a night. I never took more than my prescribed dose either. I was taking a 3mg does up until 4 months ago when I asked my dr to wean me off of it, starting with a lower dose. I have been taking 2mg for 4 months. 4 nights ago I just stopped taking it....Its no big deal to many, but it's a huge deal for me. The drug has not worked for me for years now. I have not had the metallic taste in mouth for 10 yrs I'm thinking, but I do remember it. Picture definition of an addict. I have been taking absolutely nothing before bed these last 4 nights. I have slept fairly well the last 2 nights. First couple nights, once I fell asleep, I woke up every 2 hrs or so...My attitude now is so what if I wake up or fall asleep later. At least I'm not controlled by a tiny blue pill! I weighed 195 when I started taking lunesta, 35 yrs old, 6'1". Now I'm 48 and weigh 245. Hopefully I'll lose some lbs in coming months.”

Feetus · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 25, 2019

“Worked Excellent for me would knock me out and keep me asleep all night and i would wake up refreshed with no side effects... was my favorite. Some people don't like it because it can leave a metallic taste in your mouth which it sometimes did but it would go away as soon as you brush your teeth or rinse with mouthwash not a big deal. I was on it for a little more than a year but unfortunately it stopped working. I took a break from it hoping it would work again but it never did.. I now take Restoril/Temazepam which is working well”

Hailey November 24, 2019

“The first time I took Lunesta I slept about 2 hours. After that it did absolutely nothing. Zzzquil works better. Will not be taking it anymore.”

Maggie · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2019

“My doc wanted me to start on a low dose of Lunesta, so had 1 mg last night......didn't sleep at all. She said higher doses can cause weight gain, etc. Ambien is my demon drug. I was sleep eating and at one point, gained 40 pounds. So that's not an option. Just wish I could find a permanent solution :(”

Ruby November 13, 2019

“I was prescribed Lunesta after having some panic attacks. Took it for 6 months and usually slept. However, I decided to quit cold turkey after reading about long term side effects. Detox was horrible! Didn’t sleep did a week with a variety of withdrawal symptoms. Thought I needed to go to rehab. This stuff is just bad!!!!”

Pork · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

“Was on 22.5 mg remron. Went to sleep study consult and neurologist stopped the remron ,which wasn't working, and prescribed lunesta 2mg at bedtime. First night I was exhausted . I slept ok. Next night took at 7 pm. Dozed off quickly but woke up at 10:38 with anxiety. I laid awake rest of the night. Next day... Same thing. Just can't sleep with this drug. ”

Carlitos · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 2, 2019

“I have used Lunesta for several years. (Bad choice). Increasingly I have taken falls trying to get to the bathroom. Alarmingly, I feel partially paralyzed and cannot get up when this has happened. I spent too many nights sleeping on the floor until the drug clears from my system. I am finally breaking my addiction.”

Learn more about Insomnia

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)