User Reviews for Doxylamine

Also known as: Sleep Aid, Unisom SleepTabs, Equate Sleep Aid, Fast Sleep, Nighttime Sleepaid, Care One Sleep Aid, Doxytex, Aldex AN Chewable, Aldex AN, Nytol Maximum Strength, Equaline Sleep Aid, Medi-Sleep

Insomnia 6.5
Rhinorrhea 1.0
Summary of Doxylamine reviews 6.5 174 reviews

Reviews for Doxylamine

Bree · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2020

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “This drug Unisom saved me from losing my job. I recently started getting intense sleep anxiety right before bed, and have often been staying up for 24+ hours without any sleep because of it. Right before I would drift into sleep, my brain would stop me and make me hyper aware of everything. I picked this up at the store and have taken it along with my normal meds, and I've been able to sleep for the past 3 days.”

Paul · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2020

For Rhinorrhea: “The first time I took this medicine, I fell asleep okay but then woke up 4 hours later and couldn’t get back to sleep for about 2 hours. Not realizing the sleeplessness was caused by the medicine, I took it again the next night and it jolted my body awake and gave me really bad anxiety. I was very tired but my body felt extremely jittery and nervous. It gave me very uncomfortable restless leg syndrome. It lasted for hours. I’m never taking this again. Do not take if you are prone to anxiety!!!”

Mrs · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2020

For Insomnia: “doxylamine is called Restavit in Oz, I have chronic insomnia caused by tinnitus. I take 2 tablets 30mins before bed and get a good nights sleep. I try to mix it up alternating between Melatonin and magnesium.”

Hiwey · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2020

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “Because of the lockdown due to coronavirus, my sleep pattern was distorted, and I was not getting enough sleep. So, I decided to get a sleep aid and researched online. This Unisom SleepTabs came up as one of the most effective to getting good sleep and waking refreshed. But the promises are wild and far from reality. I took the pill at bedtime but could not fall asleep for hours. In the morning I woke up with all dizziness and drowsy feeling. My body was aching all over. I could not focus at all and lacked clarity during the day. I don't recommend it all!”

Mr.Restless May 6, 2020

Equate Sleep Aid (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “I took Equate for a month and it didn't work once”

freespirit44 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have had intractable insomnia for years. I began taking Doxylamine a few months ago. One fourth of a 25 mg works for me as a 155 lb female. It worked really great for most of the time I have used it except several nights of slight increased heart rate, lasting short time. Pharmacist said it would be ok. Last night (5/3/20) I was scared. My heart rate was high and pounding in my throat and in my head, for at least 2 hours. I am now afraid to take it any more. I am praying that I have not sustained irreversible damage to my body.”

Min · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “This worked wonders. I had a cough all day and wanted to be able to sleep it off. Cough syrups tend to give undesired side effects. I took this and had a humidifier in room. My cough actually stopped because the Unisom was drying me out. I slept like a baby. It helped me sleep in the next day and I feel a lot better.”

Ray · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “This unisom pill is absolutely useless. I wake in the middle of the night on 4/5 hrs sleep and figured I'd try it out because it was "extra strength". I started taking 2 because nothing was happening when I took 1. Nothing after 2 - it did nothing. At best I'd get a slight yawn n a lil dozy after an hour, but not enough to fall asleep. Save yourself the $12/bottle they want and don't buy this pill.”

Kk · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Insomnia: “doxylamine definitely knocks me out but I feel odd the next day. My anxiety is through the roof and almost on the verge of panic attacks whilst feeling very irritable. I believe it stays in your system for quite sometime so this effect lasts all day. Probably not ideal for someone that already has anxiety.”

Tossing · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 19, 2020

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “I have has trouble sleeping so I turned to an over the counter sleep aid, unisom gels, in the start I was taken one as time went on I up to 2 pills a nite. I do fall asleep in about one hour and half, I feel like I can’t fall asleep with out them and they work 80 percent of the time. I truly have vivid dreams and they are all about my achievements I think about reaching, overall I just put them out of my mind when I wake up but if I try to understand them I’ll make myself nuts so I just say it’s just a dream. The most important issue I have is to just get a good nite sleep works for me”

Jillian · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine): “My OB told me to take the Unisom sleep tab (NOT the gel kind) plus Vitamin B6 at night for morning sickness. It worked well and I was finally able to get some sleep too.”

pisces · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

For Insomnia: “A relative recommended this product for a sound sleep, I took it at 9.30 and was still awake at 2.a.m. stomach pain, hot, totally hyped up, tried to read,that didn't help, possibly interacted with BP medication? I would NEVER take it again, didn't even feel tired last night but today I am useless. Headed for the bin,”

georgie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 21, 2020

Sleep Aid (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “use this quite frequently. helps me fall asleep fast and stay asleep for about 4 hours before a bathroom break Occasional bad dreams, but not near as bad or frequent as other sleeping pills. great price at Costco also.”

3rd shifter January 15, 2020

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “I have tried melatonin (3 mg) to help sleep during the day, as I work 3rd shift, but it doesn't work as well as I'd like. So, I figured I would give Unisom a try. My head feels like a pressurized can ready to explode, headache, diarrhea, a slight labored breathing/weight on chest feeling and completely lethargic. Missed work as a result. Won't be taking this again.”

Blueyes · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 13, 2020

For Insomnia: “I dont have a problem going to sleep. My issue is SYAYING asleep. I take 1/4 of a 25mg tablet. This helps and i don't feel groggy.”

Acey · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “I started taking unisom about month or so ago I'm a restless when trying to go to sleep so took 50 mg unisom first time worked good but since then not at all. I've taken the unisom than waited couple hours and took 10 mg melatonin than within hour I finally fall asleep. Melatonin alone doesn't work and same with unisom. I would rather not use anything but at 65 yrs old its seems I'm awake more than I sleep at night. Going to talk to dr next visit and see what she says since she is the one recommended the unisom”

Hilde · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2019

For Insomnia: “Works well. Make sure you can have at least 8 hrs of sleep can cause drowsiness.”

Donna · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 19, 2019

For Insomnia: “Benadryl (diphenhydramine) gives me restless leg syndrome but I don’t have that issue with Unisom Sleep tabs (doylamine succinate). I have extreme insomnia & I find that these pills will get me to sleep & I have no problems getting up in the morning to go to work. It also do not make me groggy.”

Cj · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

Equate Sleep Aid (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “I DO NOT sleep well ever. I needed something to help my body realise its time for bed and with this Equate Sleep aid definitely does the job. Does it keep me asleep? No but it does help me fall asleep. I also wake up the next day feeling pretty good. Sometimes I feel groggy but after I motivate myself I feel great”

lee November 3, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “I hate this medication Unisom. I took 1/2 pill, woke up with stiff back, dry mouth, dizzy, off balance. I'm throwing it out.”

Liza October 21, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “I take 1/2 unisom pill every night. I fall asleep with 15 minutes. I sleep 8 hours. I will wake up a few times but fall right back asleep. If I take a whole pill, I will sleep 12 hours and be groggy all day. 1/2 pill works perfect for me.”

Sleepless · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 15, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: “I've always had a hard time falling and staying asleep. Seems like I've tried everything including meditation, sleep noise apps, music, melatonin, make the room freezing, warm the room up, reduce caffeine and stimulus before bed. Bought some unisom to see if it would help. Taking as directed, 1 pill at bedtime. Still takes me a good hour of tossing and turning and then I'm awake every hour or two all night and wake up with a dry mouth. Maybe I'll go back to 10 mg melatonin cuz that seemed to work best.”

bets · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2019

For Insomnia: “This drug, Unisom with doxylamine succonate, has really helped me to get good sleep for the past two months. I take from 1/3 to 1/2 of a pill because taking an entire pill makes me really groggy the next morning. Prior to this I was waking up every hour or two and was experiencing anxiety and I really appreciate this sleep aid so much as I sleep straight thru the night now.”

Wide awake · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2019

For Insomnia: “I took 2 tablets still awake.”

Leo · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2019

For Insomnia: “Unfortunately the doxylamine did not help at all for insomnia. I took 15 mg to start and was still awake for most of the night. When I did finally fall asleep I kept waking up extremely thirsty. I took 25 mg the next night and again was still awake for most of the night and very thirsty. Slight heart burn as well and increased anxiety so probably not the best if you already suffer from anxiety.”