User Reviews for Doxylamine

Also known as: Aldex AN, Aldex AN Chewable, Care One Sleep Aid, Doxytex, Equaline Sleep Aid, Equate Sleep Aid, Fast Sleep, Medi-Sleep, Nighttime Sleepaid, Nytol Maximum Strength, Sleep Aid, Unisom SleepTabs

Learn more about Doxylamine.

Insomnia 99 reviews 107 medications

6.9
Summary of Doxylamine reviews 99 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Doxylamine

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed diclegis by my OB for extreme nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Diclegis is not covered by insurance so I researched what it was and it's basically unisom and Vitamin B6. Now the active ingredient is what is in the sleep tabs, not gels. The gels have diphenhydramine so if you are using this review to help ease nausea during pregnancy, make sure you are buying the sleep tabs. Anyway, I take one tab at night (Check it is the right dose doxylamine 10mg) and it totally works. I don't wake up feeling nauseated at all and I sleep through the night. I do feel a little groggy in the AM, but it's hard to tell if it's from the pill or pregnancy in general. Upon further research, I discovered that the tabs were originally so designed to help with nausea. Hope this helps!"

Kristyk61 (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have had sleep disorders all my life since I was about 12. I am now 60. I have sleep apnea and have been using a sleep machine now for 10 years. I too am a worry wart and when my cortisol kicks in, I'll go for weeks without sleep. I've always used over the counter sleep meds 25mg. Doxylamine off and on for 25 years afraid of addiction to them. I FINALLY asked my doctor about the usage and he gave me 100% ok on this stuff. Now I take one pill every night- get my 8 hrs, which is a new and wonderful experience for me! I prefer taking a little blue pill every night, and sleeping great than to spend one more night awake. I can only recommend doxylamine. Much less dangerous than taking prescription drugs for sleeping."

Buggers (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I switched to this due to all the hype about how great it is for sleep. It is completely ineffective for me! Does nothing at the typical dosage. I can get it to work at larger doses, but that does not make it worthwhile. Diphenhydramine has been much more effective, I have just been taking it so long- thought it was time for a change."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sleep Aid (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I have taken half a tablet of doxylamine succinate (Sleep Aid), in the evening, for about 3 years now. I originally took it for migraines, but discovered quickly, how it made me very drowsy after about 2 hours. It has NEVER failed to work. Taking a whole tablet made me sleep for 10-12 hours, now I get my 8 hours every night with half the dose. It is one of the safest antihistamines on the market. I experimented a few months ago, by not taking one, & I couldn't get to sleep, plus I got restless legs. So now I take it every night."

Sincerity65 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am sensitive to this stuff. Half a pill is too much - next day downer and also bladder irritation. So I cut down and cut down. The pills I have just shatter into a powder when you try to cut. So I collected the powder in a little tube. I stick a finger into the powder and lick it off! I guess I am taking 1/6 of a pill. This works well and next day is quite OK. Dose is very personal. Better than 0.25mg Xanax."

Bou (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was offered these by my pharmacist after taking Phenergan which had ceased to work. I took them now for three nights, didn't fall asleep for over an hour but stayed asleep until 8,30am, a small miracle and so much better than my usual routine, bed at 11pm, sleep at 2.30ish, wake until daylight, fall asleep when its time to get up. Next two nights I didn't need one, so far so good. Very pleased. Yes a bit drowsy in the morning but easy to work off when busy."

Sleephead May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I've always had trouble falling asleep so I bought these one day to try it out and they work great for me. They knock me out in 30 minutes and I get a good nights rest. I use it every once in a while when I have a lot on my mind and just wanna sleep. Only downside to it is that I have a very hard time getting up in the morning when I take one and it makes me sleep even longer which I don't prefer cause it messes with my sleep schedule."

Dddddday (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I have RLS and insomnia. I don't want to use an addictive medication for sleep. Unisom has thus far been very helpful. I start feeling the effects after about 30-45 minutes. Also I try not to take it every day. 1 every few days. I needed it and I'm happy with the results."

RLS and Insomnia (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I took the liquid unison (50mg/30ml) at 6:45pm Then 7:45 pm came around so I took another dose It is now 7:52 pm I'm in a lot of pain and can't even go to sleep!! I would NOT recommend this to anyone!! I'm highly upset!"

Pritti (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Ineffective. Stayed awake. Restless night. Eyes are heavy but unable to sleep."

Rhite (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Absolutely horrible experience. Made me have to go five times during the night. Could not fall in to deep sleep kept waking up over and over. Its morning and I am still feeling the effects of it two hours after taking. Dry mouth and foggy head. I took 25mg - 1 pill which package recommended for adult. I will be throwing away the rest of the pills."

Jon L March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "My bedtime got later and later until it was early morning as I wasn't tired and never fell asleep when I went to bed. Brain was overactive continually. Bought packet of Dosylamine and took one tab an hour before bedtime. Relaxation kicked in one & half hours later and slept solidly for 12 hours! Totally useless the next day as groggy and no energy. Next night cut the tab into quarters but that proved too little as had no effect. Will take half tab tonight which hopefully will be the right amount. It relaxed tension and brain activity and teeth gritting, so for me seems a muscle relaxant enabling my mind to let go and shut down. Subconscious anxiety is my problem that prevents sleep. I am a worry wort."

Nonsleeper (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Using 4 wks or so. Initially half tab since I'm sensitive. I wasn't experiencing severe grogginess as w/another sleep aide years ago. But it didn't always put me to sleep and I would wake often. Now using full dose, sleep came sooner and harder but I still wake at least once a night, and though there's no extreme grogginess in a.m., it makes me sleep about 10 hrs and takes me a couple hours to wake up. I have begun taking a natural-based energizer to wake up and also drinking black tea, and this morning I also took extra "energizing" daily vitamin plus green tea capsule. I never seem to fully wake, am feeling exhausted, I notice irritability and foul mood. I'm not going to keep using. Worse than before I started."

redvirgo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I started experiencing insomnia after separation and subsequent divorce. Had "back-end insomnia". Basically I could fall asleep for 2-3hrs but then would wake up. Suffered from this for 3 years. Basically I have an underlying anxiety that nothing could over power. Not ambien, lunesta, zquil, melatonin, alcohol, valerian, etc. However, I got a cold and took Vicks nightime decongestant. Slept like a baby. Awoke euphoric. It had doxylamine in it. 25 mg. Been on for 6 weeks. 25 mg a night. Sleep 7-8 every night. Often awake feeling great. Euphoria is the only side effect! Doxylamine is really good for me. "

njehealed (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "[History]- I had started taking melatonin (3mg) to help me sleep, shortly after my divorce. As my body 'adjusted' to it, I began to increase the dose, eventually (over several years) working up to 30mg. Well, not too long after that, I desperately needed to be put on Testosterone therapy (my level was 'zilch'). Lo-and-behold, it had JUST been determined that MEN should NOT take large doses of melatonin for that very reason! Looking for *natural* aids, I found that drinking ("wild"/"black") cherry juice can improve the quality of your sleep ... BUT, it does so by boosting the amount of the melatonin in the body(!) Skip THAT one.... I then tried Valerian Root, which proved equally effective. "

ThomasMD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I'm a 43 yr old healthy female who has had recent spinal disc degeneration so pain has been tough. Sleep was always elusive a bit except when exercise a big part of my life; now sleep has gotten more unobtainable. I used to get rx ambien but as predicted, it stopped working quickly with tolerance (non-addictive like unisom, but habit-forming and awful on memory - be wary of zolpidem/ambien.) Unisom and its generic have contributed to depression and ill feelings. I think this is quite literally as the bottle reads, for OCCASIONAL sleeplessness. Wishing it worked more regularly."

LCGA (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am a 43 year-old healthy female and have suffered from insomnia due to stress and/or alcohol withdrawals on and off for years, and have taken almost everything except Lunesta, from natural to prescription remedies. This works but literally only once - it's like a tolerance is built up even faster than zopiclone. I hate the groggy feeling it leaves, and over time I think it has contributed to depressive disorder. I'd say the box is right - not for continued use."

ECG (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 9, 2016

For Insomnia: "garbage."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have had insomnia since a hysterectomy in 2009, so began taking benadryl but that had the opposite effect on me & I became very jittery w/ "restless leg syndrome", so tried Unisom 25mg nightly. I have been taking Unisom now for 6 years and it has worked pretty well to help me sleep at night. However, 2 months ago I developed a fast & irregular heart rhythm. I am a nurse, so listened to my heart and could hear the missed beats when I felt them. It felt like I had just ran up a flight of stairs but I wasn't out of breath. My heart was just beating very rapidly and irregular. Couldn't figure out why I was having palpitations so quit taking & saw Dr. Diminished palpitations since I quit taking & all my heart tests and labs are normal."

TQ November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant, I've been having some trouble sleeping so I decided to take unisome, I've never felt so restless in my life! I'm wide awake, dry mouth, awful taste in my mouth. I think it had the opposite effect on me, I feel sleepy but just cannot fall asleep. Very frustrating, gonna have to find another solution."

Jkjosy (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I go to the gym late at night after work. I take a high stimulant pre workout powder prior to my workout which doesn't allow me to sleep till hours after my late night workout. Took 2 unisom pills and knocked out within 20 min. Good solid sleep"

IR October 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am a nurse and struggled with sleep while on night shift. I took half a Doxylamine (Restavit) and slept well. An hour after waking I then went into fast atrial fibrillation (HR 160 - 200), I ended up in emergency needing D/C Cardio-version to revert me back to a normal rhythm. Though I have colleagues who have had good results with this medicine I had a terrible experience and will never take it again. POTENTIALLY a very dangerous drug!!!! be careful."

Aussie Nurse October 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Today, my 1st time taking unisom. I took a unisom gel at 20:07and its 22:00 already and still wide awake. Since it's only been 2hrs the side effects haven't Kik in yet (if I even get them) I heard its supposed to make you fall asleep 30 mins after taking it well so far to me is not working."

Stylepgrl September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Best stuff ever ! I've been stressed out lately and not sleeping well at all . Toss , turn , uncomfortable at times . I tried a Unisom Gel Cap - it didn't do a thing . These little BLUE PILLS work . I took the entire pill and rested to say that I slept soundly for 8+ hours ! Highly recommend !!!!"

Springtime123 September 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "The Unisom Tabs 25 MG does not work for me even if I take 2 tablets. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea about 5 years ago and have gone from taking the of the "Z" pill (6 MG) to taking the extended release "Z" pill (12.5 MG). Decided to try to wean myself off for the past week by taking only half a dose of the "Z" pill and amazing that worked. Now, trying the Unisom Tabs and trying to give it a week before I refill the "Z" tabs. As I sit here, I am tired on night 2, but still don't think I am tired enough to fall asleep."

dathib (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016