User Reviews for Doxylamine

Also known as: Sleep Aid, Unisom SleepTabs, Fast Sleep, Nighttime Sleepaid, Care One Sleep Aid, Doxytex, Equate Sleep Aid, Aldex AN Chewable, Aldex AN, Nytol Maximum Strength, Equaline Sleep Aid, Medi-Sleep

Insomnia
6.8

Summary of Doxylamine reviews 6.7 143 reviews

Reviews for Doxylamine

Sleepy · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2019

Equate Sleep Aid (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Works well, I fall asleep quickly, and STAY asleep until morning. My energy level during the day is fantastic, I haven't even needed coffee. I wish it was safe to take all the time."

sleepless · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Insomnia: "I've had insomnia for as long as I can remember. I took a whole pill and it worked for me, I was asleep in half an hour and slept for 8 hours straight and didn't wake up once. This is very rare for me, I'm a very light sleeper when I do fall asleep, so the smallest sound wakes me up. I do find that if I'm woken up at like 2am after taking this, I can't get back to sleep.. the pill stopped working after a week and I need to fine something new.."

Ecp · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

Equate Sleep Aid (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I was worried about changing shifts and melatonin has worked after about 2 years of change behavior. I decided if I'm going to get up at 4:30 in the morning I'm going to need to get something heavy to force my body to realize it's bedtime. Since it is summer and bright until 830-9pm blackout curtains, fans, sleep mask, and me living below two 2nd shift workers, this has been a godsend. It works well for me but I honestly just need to change my diet around, work out 3 times a week and then move but I'm stuck..this works great for now. I take 1/2 pill or I'll never wake up!"

Nik · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 5, 2019

For Insomnia: "Doxylamine used to work for sleep but after 6 months it no longer works. It gives me restless legs for about 4 hours then finally after exhaustion I fall asleep. Wake up feeling anxious and not myself. I have also put on weight when my eating habits have not changed Would not recommend."

Tk · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2019

For Insomnia: "I took 1/2 before going to bed and fell asleep immediately. It was very hard to wake up in the morning. I couldn't wake up until 4pm. I was suffering. Then the whole day I was out of my mind. I couldn't concentrate on work, I couldn't even remember where the specific files were. I couldn't do anything. I was very anxious and nervous. Everything was making me mad and cry and I had increased libido - what a combination ! I don't recommend this drug."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 17, 2019

For Insomnia: "I take 1/3 of a pill and works great , if I take anymore than that and I am groggy the next day"

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 4, 2019

For Insomnia: "I find it very effective for insomnia. I also suffer from awful hayfever and Restavit (Doxylamine succinate generic) gives me relief. If I take it at night I am guaranteed a good night’s sleep and minimal hay fever issues the next day. I only take half a 25 mg tablet at most. A whole tablet makes me sleepy the next day."

Tara · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2019

For Insomnia: "This is the only sleep aid tablet that helps me after trying so many. Only take 1/4 about two hours before bed time and puts me to deep sleep from 11pm to 7am with no side effects at all. Highly recommended to anyone that has a problem falling and staying asleep. At the counter they tell you not to take for more than 10 days in a row but I have taken it every day for months at the time and still works. This was recommended to me by a pharmacist who said it was the best thing ever and I agree."

Silverfox March 16, 2019

Equate Sleep Aid (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Did not work at all . In fact it made me very restless. I wasted my money."

ROSERED · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Last night was my first night trying unisom after using Ambien CR for 14 years. I was a little skeptic but to my surprise it worked really well. I took almost two and a half hours to kick in but it did . Took it at 19:30 I was out at 22:00. Feeling good this morning no side effects!!! I would recommend"

Toby · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2019

For Insomnia: "Definitely doesn't work for me. I might as well be taking sugar pills."

Pepasmommy18 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I'm not impressed. I suffer from insomnia due to cancer meds that I take. I take 2 as prescribed without results. They don't even make me tired. Time to find something else."

Lan February 21, 2019

For Insomnia: "Took one 25mg tablet and ended up in AE with dry mouth and brain fogginess. Doctor gave me hydrocortisone injection. Heart rate was high and had to do blood tests. Doc sent me home but couple hrs later woke up with a fast heart rate 143bpm, dizzy and blurred vision and went back to hospital where they gave me a beta blocker to slow down heart rate. Since then I have heart palpitations and anxiety. Wish I never took this tablet. Heart tests all came back normal."

Deb F · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Started taking doxylamine succinate (aka Unisom) for occasional sleeplessness about 6 weeks ago. I'm 59 yrs old women, healthy, menopausal. Box says dose is 25mg. I started with 12.5 mg because I'm sensitive to most meds. It worked VERY well. I fell asleep fast and stayed asleep, no issues except maybe a mild drowsiness feeling during the day here or there. Fast forward into last week, I'm experiencing dizziness, mild balance issues, headache. Don't know if it's because I took it 3-4 days in a row sometimes and stopped for a day or two? I just know it's a bummer because it works but, this stupid dizziness and balance thing is hanging on into day 2 and I don't want to take it anymore because of that. They say it's, "Not habit forming." I think my body got used to it and I'm 'withdrawing'."

MamaZ · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Been having trouble sleeping for a year and this is the only OTC medication that helps. I take 1/3 of a tab and wake up with zero drowsiness. Love it and will continue to take it for as long as I need to"

Anxious December 27, 2018

For Insomnia: "Have been taking this med for 4 years since husband passed as I was unable to sleep. Started 1/4 tablet then 1/3 tablet now 1/2 tablet and it is starting to become ineffective. I feel it also is effecting my mood - less motivated and a little anxious. Want to stop this med, so I don’t recommend long term use."

Rachie · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Meh........ I work nightshift and spent a good few bucks for what I assumed to be a quality sleep aide. About 10-12 o’clock I felt horrible anxiety. I read that nervousness could be a side effect. I calmed down after my grandma rubbed my back some. I slept pretty well after that I will try it again once more and if it happens again that’s 10$ in the trash"

Anonymous October 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "Works like a magic. Cons - you feel tired and asleep when you wake up. But after drink some coffee it's all right."

Smoothie · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I/2 tablet knocks my husband out for the night and he’s groggy the next day (he’s a big guy....225lbs). I can take a whole tablet and not sleep most of the night. I weigh 145lb. So this drug affects everyone differently for sure."

Kevlar · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2018

For Insomnia: "Only works if I take over the maximum dose which I am not inclined to do."

RR · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 9, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I used to never have a problem sleeping; however, within the last year I have been waking up in the middle of the night, and then it takes me several hours to fall back asleep (usually just before my alarm goes off). Now I take 1/2 a pill and I either sleep through the entire night, or if I wake up I am able to fall right back to sleep. I also feel good in the morning after taking 1/2 a pill. Unisom has been wonderful during this time in my life. Please note: When I take a whole pill I am completely knocked out and lack motivation the next day."

Blondie · Taken for 10 years or more June 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "Need something to help me sleep every night. I was taking diphenhydramine but had terrible need to move feet and legs (akinthasia or restless legs) and it was maddening. Doc told me doxy doesn’t have this effect and it’s true. Happy to be on these."

iinsaayn April 27, 2018

For Insomnia: "I must be hypersensitive to this medication as the first time I took one whole tablet I couldn't wake up! Slept for about 20 hours. Very scary! No other medication or alcohol involved. Ended up only taking about an eighth of a tablet on weekends or when I wasn't required to wake to an alarm."

MRC · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Heard about this from a friend. It works well I usually wake up a few times during the night but slept like a baby when I took one gel tablet. The only thing is that the following day I would be very cranky and had a massive headache. Will not be taking this anymore!"

lara · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 22, 2018

For Insomnia: "I take two tablets 2.5 hours before I need to go to bed, by then I am happy to crawl into bed that otherwise wouldn't be until 2 am. I only take it because I have to get up at 5 am for work and want to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. I wake up fine but can feel groggy, which is no worse than feeling tired after lack of sleep."