User Reviews for Doxylamine

Also known as: Aldex AN, Aldex AN Chewable, Care One Sleep Aid, Doxytex, Equaline Sleep Aid, Equate Sleep Aid, Fast Sleep, Medi-Sleep, Nighttime Sleepaid, Nytol Maximum Strength, Sleep Aid, Unisom SleepTabs

Insomnia
6.9

Summary of Doxylamine reviews 6.8 126 reviews

Reviews for Doxylamine

For Insomnia: "Works like a magic. Cons - you feel tired and asleep when you wake up. But after drink some coffee it's all right."

Anonymous October 12, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I/2 tablet knocks my husband out for the night and he’s groggy the next day (he’s a big guy....225lbs). I can take a whole tablet and not sleep most of the night. I weigh 145lb. So this drug affects everyone differently for sure."

Smoothie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "Only works if I take over the maximum dose which I am not inclined to do."

Kevlar (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I used to never have a problem sleeping; however, within the last year I have been waking up in the middle of the night, and then it takes me several hours to fall back asleep (usually just before my alarm goes off). Now I take 1/2 a pill and I either sleep through the entire night, or if I wake up I am able to fall right back to sleep. I also feel good in the morning after taking 1/2 a pill. Unisom has been wonderful during this time in my life. Please note: When I take a whole pill I am completely knocked out and lack motivation the next day."

RR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "Need something to help me sleep every night. I was taking diphenhydramine but had terrible need to move feet and legs (akinthasia or restless legs) and it was maddening. Doc told me doxy doesn’t have this effect and it’s true. Happy to be on these."

Blondie (taken for 10 years or more) June 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "I must be hypersensitive to this medication as the first time I took one whole tablet I couldn't wake up! Slept for about 20 hours. Very scary! No other medication or alcohol involved. Ended up only taking about an eighth of a tablet on weekends or when I wasn't required to wake to an alarm."

iinsaayn April 27, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Heard about this from a friend. It works well I usually wake up a few times during the night but slept like a baby when I took one gel tablet. The only thing is that the following day I would be very cranky and had a massive headache. Will not be taking this anymore!"

MRC (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "I take two tablets 2.5 hours before I need to go to bed, by then I am happy to crawl into bed that otherwise wouldn't be until 2 am. I only take it because I have to get up at 5 am for work and want to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. I wake up fine but can feel groggy, which is no worse than feeling tired after lack of sleep."

lara (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2018

For Insomnia: "Like many reviews on here, I get mixed results with this med. Sometimes only need 1/2 tab, other times full tab. Sometimes get good sleep right through, other times not. Sometimes have severe grogginess in morning, other times not. Sometimes have vivid dreams, other times not. But generally speaking, the med is always more effective than not taking it. It’s well worth a try for anyone who has trouble with sleep, and perhaps far more effective and safer than heavier prescription drugs for sleep."

Josh2476963 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "I am a 49 year old, very active and physically fit woman. I had been having trouble falling asleep several times a week, sometimes from stress sometimes for no reason. Tried unisom 25 mg and within 30 minutes I always fall asleep and stay sleep for at least 7 hours. No groggyness in the morning, I get up, work out and go to work. Again, I only use this about 2 or 3 times a week."

Cbear (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was taking 50mg of Phenergan (2 tablets) for a year and gained a considerable amount of weight. When I stopped I have had terrible insomnia and it has not ceased for a few years. I usually alternate between restavit, Valium and Zopiclone but I am fearful I am becoming addicted as have to take large doses of Valium and Zopiclone now to have any effect. I would like to stop all benzo and z drugs but am hesitant to take restavit every night because I am afraid of the weight gain. I know it acts on the same receptor as Phenergan so I am interested to know if anyone has experienced weight gain whilst taking restavit long term?"

Jenny (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 30, 2018

For Insomnia: "Works great for me. I try to limit my intake to 1/2 tab and only on the worst sleepless nights. No side effects apart from a mild groggy feeling in the morning."

Al (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have taken unisom for several years. It keeps me asleep better than a lot of prescription meds but afraid it makes my tinnitus more severe."

Meme1951 March 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "Always worked in previous times. I got Chemists Own recently I felt was not working. Now I have realised I am drowsy the next day and night. Not working fast enough but working for a long time. Will not be buying again"

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Often even taking these within 30 to 60 minutes of going to bed not only does not work but sometimes prevents sleep all night! Very ineffective. I am disappointed with the product."

Rick (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking 240 mgs of codeine a day for 23 years...I was miss diagnosed with crohns disease and now at 50 it is correctly diagnosed as IBS, so I'm withdrawing from that opiate. I experienced insomnia and was prescribed this. I took one at 8.30 went to bed at 9.20 took another at 11.30 and was still awake at 4.30 in the morning. . It is so frustrating as I do not want to go back to xanax to sleep....wish there was an over the counter option better than this...well , for me anyway this medication was useless"

Jo March 10, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "For some reason, after taking the 2 tablets, when I get the sensation of impending sleep, I’m jolted out of my “sleepiness” because of what feels like sleep apnea. I would guess, this medicine relaxes so much that my breathing changes... horrible feeling. So with that.... I got zero sleep!"

Mr Music (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

For Insomnia: "At first I only could take half a pill and it would last me throughout the night fairly well and woke up feeling good Throughout months of taking this I am now up to 1 pill per night and I could almost take more - so my body def gets use to it. I’ve been happy with the results and haven’t experienced anything negative. Def pleased :)"

LaurenGR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 9, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Used as directed to help me get to sleep, took the gel pill, made me even more awake. Tried the other unisom with the other sleep aid medication, just made me dizzy, with dry mouth, and kept me awake. These are a joke!!!!!"

Big Lebowski (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I have been experiencing insomnia for the past several years. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine. My doctor has prescribed Amien for my insomnia but it only works some of the time so I started adding the sleep tabs. I have read reviews where people have to only take 1/4-1/2 a tablet to sleep, me I can take 2 or 3 with Ambien and still stay awake for the night. I'm not sure why but it doesn't work for me. I'm working with my GP to resolve the issue because I can go for weeks on only 1 or 2 hours a night sleep. It makes it difficult to focus and be on my game at work. Just an FYI for those looking for something that works..."

Sleeplesss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 10, 2017

For Insomnia: "This product works, not as well as Zolpedem but it works. I know that drugs work different on each person and can only tell you what it does to me. I first took it at 11 pm. Got very drowsy and slept mostly through the night. If I was woken up by my wife getting up or the cat jumping on the bed I went back to sleep. The problem is I woke up very groggy and it lasted till 4pm the next day. The next night I took one pill at 8:30 pm and I was groggy till 3pm the next day. Zolpedem made me sleep through the night and I woke up fresh and awake. I don't know if I can take this product very often."

edteach (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "I have suffered from insomnia for decades and have tried many types of drugs for this issue. I'm currently tapering off clonazepam and have found the Unisom tablets very helpful. If I take half a pill I fall asleep within an hour and usually am able to go back to sleep in the night. Took a whole pill last night and slept soundly. I feel a bit tired today and will try to make do with half a pill from now on. Nothing worse than insomnia!!"

Cat mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

For Insomnia: "going back to the start here's some back ground knowledge. Before I took a quarter of this pill I wasn't having extreme or memorable dreams, if I was having dreams I didn't remember them, which is the norm for me. But a couple of weeks ago I took a quarter of one pill to get to sleep, as I had heard they were strong and only needed a small amount. I give it thanks to making me sleep the whole night, but it made my mind alter, I was having extremely disturbing dreams for a week, some of which seemed so real. I don't recommend this product - stay away from it"

Blair loui02 (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2017

For Insomnia: "Use it often as I'm going through menopause and having difficulty falling and staying asleep. Works well for me and have no side effects. I buy it and it is very reasonably priced."

Momma Bear 1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 7, 2017

For Insomnia: "A half of a tablet gives me 4 hours of sleep. One whole = 8 hours. Rarely do I have any after effects like drowsiness unless I was exceptionally tired. I use this very sparingly, all sleep aids can be psychologically habit forming even if not physically so. Only if I can't sleep for 3 or more days consecutively, or in periods of extreme stress. Tried many other products, only this one works great for me."

Icaru (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2017