User Reviews for Doxylamine

Also known as: Aldex AN, Aldex AN Chewable, Care One Sleep Aid, Doxytex, Equaline Sleep Aid, Equate Sleep Aid, Fast Sleep, Medi-Sleep, Nighttime Sleepaid, Nytol Maximum Strength, Sleep Aid, Unisom SleepTabs

Insomnia
6.8

Summary of Doxylamine reviews 6.7 137 reviews

Reviews for Doxylamine

For Insomnia: "I find it very effective for insomnia. I also suffer from awful hayfever and Restavit (Doxylamine succinate generic) gives me relief. If I take it at night I am guaranteed a good night’s sleep and minimal hay fever issues the next day. I only take half a 25 mg tablet at most. A whole tablet makes me sleepy the next day."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2019

For Insomnia: "This is the only sleep aid tablet that helps me after trying so many. Only take 1/4 about two hours before bed time and puts me to deep sleep from 11pm to 7am with no side effects at all. Highly recommended to anyone that has a problem falling and staying asleep. At the counter they tell you not to take for more than 10 days in a row but I have taken it every day for months at the time and still works. This was recommended to me by a pharmacist who said it was the best thing ever and I agree."

Tara (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2019

Equate Sleep Aid (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Did not work at all . In fact it made me very restless. I wasted my money."

Silverfox March 16, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Last night was my first night trying unisom after using Ambien CR for 14 years. I was a little skeptic but to my surprise it worked really well. I took almost two and a half hours to kick in but it did . Took it at 19:30 I was out at 22:00. Feeling good this morning no side effects!!! I would recommend"

ROSERED (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

For Insomnia: "Definitely doesn't work for me. I might as well be taking sugar pills."

Toby (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I'm not impressed. I suffer from insomnia due to cancer meds that I take. I take 2 as prescribed without results. They don't even make me tired. Time to find something else."

Pepasmommy18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2019

For Insomnia: "Took one 25mg tablet and ended up in AE with dry mouth and brain fogginess. Doctor gave me hydrocortisone injection. Heart rate was high and had to do blood tests. Doc sent me home but couple hrs later woke up with a fast heart rate 143bpm, dizzy and blurred vision and went back to hospital where they gave me a beta blocker to slow down heart rate. Since then I have heart palpitations and anxiety. Wish I never took this tablet. Heart tests all came back normal."

Lan February 21, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Started taking doxylamine succinate (aka Unisom) for occasional sleeplessness about 6 weeks ago. I'm 59 yrs old women, healthy, menopausal. Box says dose is 25mg. I started with 12.5 mg because I'm sensitive to most meds. It worked VERY well. I fell asleep fast and stayed asleep, no issues except maybe a mild drowsiness feeling during the day here or there. Fast forward into last week, I'm experiencing dizziness, mild balance issues, headache. Don't know if it's because I took it 3-4 days in a row sometimes and stopped for a day or two? I just know it's a bummer because it works but, this stupid dizziness and balance thing is hanging on into day 2 and I don't want to take it anymore because of that. They say it's, "Not habit forming." I think my body got used to it and I'm 'withdrawing'."

Deb F (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Been having trouble sleeping for a year and this is the only OTC medication that helps. I take 1/3 of a tab and wake up with zero drowsiness. Love it and will continue to take it for as long as I need to"

MamaZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Insomnia: "Have been taking this med for 4 years since husband passed as I was unable to sleep. Started 1/4 tablet then 1/3 tablet now 1/2 tablet and it is starting to become ineffective. I feel it also is effecting my mood - less motivated and a little anxious. Want to stop this med, so I don’t recommend long term use."

Anxious December 27, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Meh........ I work nightshift and spent a good few bucks for what I assumed to be a quality sleep aide. About 10-12 o’clock I felt horrible anxiety. I read that nervousness could be a side effect. I calmed down after my grandma rubbed my back some. I slept pretty well after that I will try it again once more and if it happens again that’s 10$ in the trash"

Rachie (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "Works like a magic. Cons - you feel tired and asleep when you wake up. But after drink some coffee it's all right."

Anonymous October 12, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I/2 tablet knocks my husband out for the night and he’s groggy the next day (he’s a big guy....225lbs). I can take a whole tablet and not sleep most of the night. I weigh 145lb. So this drug affects everyone differently for sure."

Smoothie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "Only works if I take over the maximum dose which I am not inclined to do."

Kevlar (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "I used to never have a problem sleeping; however, within the last year I have been waking up in the middle of the night, and then it takes me several hours to fall back asleep (usually just before my alarm goes off). Now I take 1/2 a pill and I either sleep through the entire night, or if I wake up I am able to fall right back to sleep. I also feel good in the morning after taking 1/2 a pill. Unisom has been wonderful during this time in my life. Please note: When I take a whole pill I am completely knocked out and lack motivation the next day."

RR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "Need something to help me sleep every night. I was taking diphenhydramine but had terrible need to move feet and legs (akinthasia or restless legs) and it was maddening. Doc told me doxy doesn’t have this effect and it’s true. Happy to be on these."

Blondie (taken for 10 years or more) June 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "I must be hypersensitive to this medication as the first time I took one whole tablet I couldn't wake up! Slept for about 20 hours. Very scary! No other medication or alcohol involved. Ended up only taking about an eighth of a tablet on weekends or when I wasn't required to wake to an alarm."

iinsaayn April 27, 2018

Unisom SleepTabs (doxylamine) for Insomnia: "Heard about this from a friend. It works well I usually wake up a few times during the night but slept like a baby when I took one gel tablet. The only thing is that the following day I would be very cranky and had a massive headache. Will not be taking this anymore!"

MRC (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "I take two tablets 2.5 hours before I need to go to bed, by then I am happy to crawl into bed that otherwise wouldn't be until 2 am. I only take it because I have to get up at 5 am for work and want to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. I wake up fine but can feel groggy, which is no worse than feeling tired after lack of sleep."

lara (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2018

For Insomnia: "Like many reviews on here, I get mixed results with this med. Sometimes only need 1/2 tab, other times full tab. Sometimes get good sleep right through, other times not. Sometimes have severe grogginess in morning, other times not. Sometimes have vivid dreams, other times not. But generally speaking, the med is always more effective than not taking it. It’s well worth a try for anyone who has trouble with sleep, and perhaps far more effective and safer than heavier prescription drugs for sleep."

Josh2476963 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "I am a 49 year old, very active and physically fit woman. I had been having trouble falling asleep several times a week, sometimes from stress sometimes for no reason. Tried unisom 25 mg and within 30 minutes I always fall asleep and stay sleep for at least 7 hours. No groggyness in the morning, I get up, work out and go to work. Again, I only use this about 2 or 3 times a week."

Cbear (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was taking 50mg of Phenergan (2 tablets) for a year and gained a considerable amount of weight. When I stopped I have had terrible insomnia and it has not ceased for a few years. I usually alternate between restavit, Valium and Zopiclone but I am fearful I am becoming addicted as have to take large doses of Valium and Zopiclone now to have any effect. I would like to stop all benzo and z drugs but am hesitant to take restavit every night because I am afraid of the weight gain. I know it acts on the same receptor as Phenergan so I am interested to know if anyone has experienced weight gain whilst taking restavit long term?"

Jenny (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 30, 2018

For Insomnia: "Works great for me. I try to limit my intake to 1/2 tab and only on the worst sleepless nights. No side effects apart from a mild groggy feeling in the morning."

Al (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have taken unisom for several years. It keeps me asleep better than a lot of prescription meds but afraid it makes my tinnitus more severe."

Meme1951 March 19, 2018

For Insomnia: "Always worked in previous times. I got Chemists Own recently I felt was not working. Now I have realised I am drowsy the next day and night. Not working fast enough but working for a long time. Will not be buying again"

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018