User Reviews for Eszopiclone

Also known as: Lunesta

Learn more about Eszopiclone.

Eszopiclone Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 112 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Eszopiclone to treat Insomnia

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I have been taking the 3mg lunesta for 4 days now and still no sleep. The only plus side is my insurance would not pay for it and the generic 30 day was $128. My pharmacist called the manufacturer and got me 12 coupons for $100 off. Going to keep trying it for a few more nights, been reading up on it and it seems the worse the insomnia the longer it takes for it to work. I have gone weeks with no sleep my longest was 18 days of zero sleep the dark circles around my eyes were so dark I looked like a raccoon."

BigShawn July 17, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I started out taking lowest dose. Two hours later still awake. Took max dose prescribed. It is now 5:30 in the morning and I have had NO sleep. And have a bad taste in my mouth. I took a sip of water and about gagged from the nasty taste. Worst stuff ever."

Shortyshante2013 June 13, 2016

"I've been taking lunesta on and off for >8 months. This drug is very effective as it puts you to sleep twenty minutes after taking the pill. I can get six hours of straight sleep and a plus of one hour more, after waking up to urinate. So I went from having a extremely poor sleep calendar because of a fibromyalgia type disease, to getting this 6-7 hs of sleep at night which is actually very good. Why I don't rate higher this drug? Well: If I take the eszopiclone at 00:00 Hs and wake up at 8:00 Hs, there exist a residual effect of drowsiness that last well into the midday. It dissapears only at 17:00 Hs aprox. This is incompatible with a calendar of morning study or working. Furthermore, this side effect can lead to or aggravete depression."

kantt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I have been off and on Lunesta 3mg for over 10 years. The reason I get off of it, I gain a tolerance to it, so I have to try something else so I can get Lunesta out of my system. Usually I get on Valium 10mg or stronger because nothing else works. I can stay awake for weeks. Yes, weeks. My longest time staying awake, 20 days. Lunesta works for a lot of people, I just have a high tolerance to most medications."

Trbncolo (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "took lunesta for 3 weeks, horrible side effects: increased crazy amounts of anxiety, insomnia, wierd feelings in my stomach, thought 'I was going off the rails. "

better without lunesta (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I wanted this medication to work so bad - I got all the side effects except no sleep :( . For me it started working after only 10 minutes of taking it, and yes it does give a metallic taste. The biggest thing, hang on for a crazy ride! It made me VERY relaxed and have mild hallucinations (the blinds on the window and my bedroom door would look like they were slightly moving open/close or back and forth). Im not sure how, but sleep never came! How I could be in that state and not sleep is beyond me."

Insomnia4U (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I have insomnia my Dr.prescribe Lunesta to help me sleep because I was going 3 day's straight without sleeping...not very good feeling The first day I took Lunesta I literally passed out,a good night sleep unfortunately that was my only night of sleep now it keeps me fully awake the odd part is that I don't feel tired only my eyes look tired the problem is that I am back to not sleeping up to three day's."

LitoT. May 5, 2016

"Been taking this for 5 years now an I love how I fall asleep now price is pretty expensive 30 pills cost me about 300$ but I do have insurance which I get it now for 32$ , the brand name lunesta is different story 30 pills was 500 so I just paid what I can"

husker jon April 19, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I've been on and off lunesta since about a year after it came out. It works well for me, works FAST so make sure you are ready to go straight to bed when you take it. I do have occasions where it (3mgs) will stop working and so we will switch it up to restorilfor a month or two and then go back to Lunesta and then I'm good for another 6 months. I cannot take ambient because it makes me sleep cook, sleep eat, sleep drive and sleep shop. I wake up with hundreds of dollars of things sometime, even bought a 4,000.00 3d TV at one point. Thankfully it was still sealed and the store took it back, lol. So for me Lunesta is what I'm able to take, it and Restoril. MUCH nicer not having to fight insurance to cover the Lunesta."

wes032 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I've been on Ambien CR (Zolpidem XR) for years. It always worked. Until it didn't. I have insomnia because of Fibromyalgia and a bad back which wakes me every time I turn over. But it loses its efficacy after 6-7 months. Doctor switched me to Lunesta and it did nothing. It was as if I took a placebo. Went back to the Zolpidem XR but I'm now back to having built up a tolerance again. Doc put me on Temazepam but it's like nothing too. It stinks not being able to sleep or stay asleep."

Mikisunshine March 18, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Doc switched me from ambien to lunesta after about 7 months stating that ambien is known to cause Parkinsons' longterm. It worked similarly at first, but because of its long half-life i was told not to take another when i woke up early morning , 1-3 pm. This is big problem because i cannot get back to sleep. Both 5mg ambien and 3mg luniest give me 3-4 hours sleep. With ambien, Id awake and take another 5mg and go right back to sleep. Now i can't do that anymore and seldom have any sleep quality after 2 pm. Copper taste didn't bother me at first, but now a month later, i notice everything tastes different, even water....was hard to pinpoint, but finally realized it was a metallic taste that was permeating everything i ate. or drank"

Fred56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I've been taking lunesta 2 years and I love it. Does exactly what it's supposed to 6 hours of restful sleep no hangovers Like some people say it has a horrible taste if it stays in your mouth..pop it in the back of your throat and swallow. It's a very small pill."

Redheadednicholson February 23, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I've had sleep issues my whole life and had just sort of dealt with it. I finally spoke with a Dr. about it and was prescribed Lunesta. Over a couple of weeks, taking it ~3 nights a week, I was sleeping better for the most part. Then, my emotions started going haywire. I was quick to anger and feeling paranoid. I was convinced my wife was having an affair (she wasn't) and had multiple outbursts. I have never been on any sort of medication for a period of time, so I didn't think to blame the Lunesta. I stopped taking it and the crazy emotions have stopped."

TipTop665 February 18, 2016

"I suffer from great insomnia. Nothing but lunnesta puts me down. And it provided an extra benefit, as it kept me relaxed all day after. The metallic taste is worth the sleep.!"

black bird (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "When I started Lunesta, I was SHOCKED by the price. 300-500 Dollars for 30 generic pills??? I don't have insurance, BTW. Then, my sister (who has 2 handicapped children and knows all the ins and outs of the medical industry) told me about a website that literally takes 4 minutes to sign up, qualify, and show you where to get your Lunesta at the biggest pharmacies in the country. I got my renewed today....the cost: $19.91 "

20DollarsFor30Pills (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I have been on and off ambien for 6 years. Well I decided to try lunesta 3 mg. It gave me a nasty metallic taste for a whole day. I couldn't go to sleep. It was horrible."

scarlettmple (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I used to take lunesta and it worked fine but I went back to ambien. Then I stopped both and my insomnia is back a year later. Personal issues. I decided to try lunesta because ambien would make me so tired I couldn't wake up in the morning. With lunesta I can wake up before my alarm clock. That's exactly what I needed. I haven't tried taking it for more than 2 months. Hopefully the effect doesn't wear off. If so I'll have to just go back to Benadryl."

Flickertheflame January 13, 2016

"I took one 3mg Lunesta at 9;00 pm, IT IS NOW 4:15 am AND AM AWAKE! help!!!!"

qb (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2016

"This does nothing for me. Nothing. I could take 4 pills and feel nothing while usually 1-2 pills of Ambien works well. I do have to take 5 days break with Zolpidem because the tolerance builds but I find it relatively easy on the to give it a break without any side effects except from sleeping later. I don't like benzos for sleep. A low dose does not make me fall asleep and a high dose makes me groggy the next day. Tradozone types don't make me sleep, I feel lethargic and hungry/depressed. I can't sleep the normal 11pm-7am and I always wake up after 4 hours of sleep or then fall back asleep after 30 mins or more. It's so annoying. Zolpidem is the only that works for me, save I take some breaks from it. Also, the bitter taste is SO real."

InsomniaGirl December 31, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "l took this and it help me sleep because I had brain surgery to stop my seizures and all others have side effect of possibly causing seizure so I took this one. The one bad side effect was that I was alone and depressed and it made my depression worse. So don't take this if you r depressed. I was just glad my son phoned me"

epilefty (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I originally was prescribed 2mg, which stopped working after a few weeks. I then was upped to 3mg which worked like a charm, but then after a month or so, again stopped working. And if my sleep was interrupted it caused me to feel drunk. I still take this, but I take it now at a pill and a half. It's frustrating that tolerance builds up so quickly, but otherwise it works well if you follow exactly how to take it."

Katybwonder November 28, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Don't like it at all. the first time i took 1, 2mg pill, it made me sleep great. but after that, nothing. like taking a sugar pill.it also leaves this nasty copper taste on your mouth for a day or days. everything you drink and eat is bad. yuck. back to my ambien"

BILLYBOBB (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "10 days on Lunesta (generic). Not sure why doc suggested I try it, as I'd been on same low dose of ambien for 3 years, good results. Anyway, had the metallic taste, just annoying but I slept so ok. After a day or so waking up more, sleeping less. Took an extra 1/2 last night -total 4.5 mg. slept, but today all day major headaches and nausea. Not sure what to do tonight-wishing for backup benedryl. Calling doc tomorrow-will request back to ambien."

LDW29 November 20, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "It definitely helps me go to sleep but keeping me asleep is where I run into issues. I wake up just as much as before. some morning nausea for the first few hours but other than that it is fine."

Timmmay November 14, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Ahhh LUNESTA! I absolutely love this stuff. I started taking it when I was put on an anti depressant that gave me severe insomnia as a side effect. That went away as my body got used to the AD, but I do get insomnia here and there and Lunesta is my drug of choice. I used to use either Benadryl or Melatonin for my occasional insomnia, however, I find Lunesta is the best at putting you in a nice peaceful sleep, and not make you too groggy in the morning. Most people criticize Lunesta for it's "metallic" taste, but I have a ridiculously simple solution: Don't let the pill touch your tongue! I fill my mouth with water first, push the pill through my closed lips, and then swallow. Never had the bad taste since doing that! Try it out!!"

Dee K (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2015