User Reviews for Eszopiclone

Also known as: Lunesta

Learn more about Eszopiclone.

Eszopiclone Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 107 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Eszopiclone to treat Insomnia

"I've been on this for 3 days. The taste in my mouth is horrible it's almost a strong metal taste. I thought something was wrong with my bottle of water. One pill does not do anything for me. I took 2 pills last night I had a massive panic attack. I woke up earlier again than I wanted to. Not sure if I should try one and a half or what else to do. Not happy with this med right now."

Chris1201 October 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Recently I got married and my insurance changed. The new insurance would not pay for the sleeping medicine I have been on the last two years. They said I had to try Lunesta, Ambien or one other before they would approve it. Last night made one full week that I was on Lunesta. Here are the reasons why I HATE it. 1. My mouth gets dry 2. In the morning my mouth tastes like I've been drinking spoiled milk. 3. I am so very depressed I take anti depressants already 4. I am so exhausted I do not feel like I can function. 5. I do not stay asleep. 6. I feel like the entire world could implode around me and I still would not care. This medicine is by far the worst thing I've ever been on. I wouldn't even recommend this medication to anyone!!!"

Hdavis527 October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I was prescribed lunesta a few years ago and took it for about 2 months, hated it and got off of it. Last night I was desperate to sleep, and I couldn't remember why I hated it, so I took another one. First of all, this was 17 hrs ago and my mouth still tastes like I sucked the coating off a bunch of ibuprofen. It makes it really hard to drink water because it exaggerates the taste. Secondly, it makes me feel hungover and oppressively tired all day. Third, it let's me sleep only 6 or 7 hours despite feeling like I could sleep all day when I wake up. Is it the worst? No. It does work to that extent but the side effects are, if not medically serious, pretty annoying and uncomfortable."

Rainieev October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Genuinely hate this medicine! The side effects of dry mouth and a terrible taste (even though pills are coated) make it impossible not to drink extra water. Drinking extra water caused me to wake to pee in the middle of the night every night. One night I was so groggy & out of it - feeling really drugged - I fell and hit my head, shoulder & elbow. In the week I took Lunesta, I never got more than 4-5 hours sleep & each night to use the bathroom. My sleep tracker showed little REM. Dry mouth was constant day & night. I never woke refreshed once & always felt like I had a residual “hangover” of a drugged feeling in the AM. I took Lunesta because Ambien seemed to stop working for me. I took it years ago & couldn’t remember why I disliked it."

Dallasmom2017 October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "This drug is horrible. I was given this drug because I wasn't sleeping more the 2 hours a night. I took it for 4 nights, and it made the sleep problems worse. On the forth day it started messing with my head. I stop taking it . I went on the Lunesta message board and found a lot of other people who had the same reaction. Some people even had worse problems with this drug."

Buz12345 October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take a class once a week and get back late that night and it takes me a while to fall asleep so my doctor prescribe me lunesta ,the generic it. For the most part it works but it takes a while to kick in. I was originally told to take one, my doctor told me to try to see how that works. When it kicks in I feel like I sleep longer somedays. I only pay 10.00 co pay on this med!"

detour12 October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's a good sleep aid."

ZZZMember (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Lunesta vs generic I have taken Lunesta for several years. My mind refuses to turn off at night and I typically would only sleep three hours or so. Lunesta worked great! I fell asleep fairly soon after I took it then woke up at 6am without drowsiness. This generic however, does absolutely nothing! My mind races all night long. I spoke with pharmacist about this being a placebo. He said that all generic companies are reputable. Insurance will not cover Lunesta without a reason. Fortunately, now I have one. This drug (RDY eszopiclone) should be analysed by the FDA."

Emmy57 September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Did not work at 2mg. Cut another pill in half still not working"

Sejjagk September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Just took my first pill at 3:15 am, I stay up pretty late and with in 5 minute I got the most awful taste in my mouth! Will add more after l sleep, if I sleep."

Que Hughes (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It did absolutely nothing for me. Nothing. I even took two.. Saw the whole night awake."

stueydog September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had insomnia, sometimes quite severe (couldn't sleep for 3-4 days, which is severe) and had been successfully taking 10mg of Ambien for the past 5 years, along with melatonin 5mg. Then it stopped working. I'd wake up after 2 hours of non-restful sleep. My Dr and I decided taking a vacation from Ambien might be helpful. I had tried lunesta first, before Ambien, years ago...and dreaded the awful taste. But hey, I have to sleep. The first weeks surprised me. I didn't get dazed or feel weird before falling asleep, like with Ambien. I just slept The downside is I wake achy and stay groggy, sleeping LONGER than I planned...so it is hard to get "up and at it." I'll take the sleep, though. Adding melatonin help"

Orangekorange August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking Lunesta for awhile now. It's been the only medicine that has helped my chronic insomnia. When the generic came out you can tell there's a difference but it's still the best medicine to help me sleep."

ldyintn (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I've been on Ambien for 5 years 12.5 mg extended release,I started having bad side effects. Example i would only sleep till about 2am,I would have no memory of anything I said or did during the night. Migraine headaches the next morning like clock work. Then what did it for me I got between the wheel which id never do&have no clue how I got where I was. I was pulled over by a state trooper who checked me out&had paramedics examine me. My vitals were ok within normal range he called my husband to come&get me. Cuz I was so disoriented I have not much memory of any of this. Very dangerous long story short I now take lunesta works like a charm,it doesn't affect me like Ambien a mind altering drug with amnesia."

Stella2017 August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "In three short weeks this drug wrecked my body. I got a skin rash that got infected within 10 days. First I thought, okay, this is weird. I didn't connect it to the Lunesta... but it was all downhill from there. Brain fog, memory problems, getting lost while driving, etc. Then my whole digestion system crashed. I'm talking severe pain in my stomach, constant nausea, no appetite, and constipation that would not move without a laxative. Then my body launched adrenaline to fight back. I started switching from fatigue to adrenaline, back and forth. After one ER visit and numerous urgent care trips, I realised it all started with the Lunesta. Buyer beware."

VB Girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I've been on Lunesta now for approximately 8 years. I take the 3 mg does at this point and usually take it every other night. The few nights that I can't fall asleep within 30 minutes or so, I'll take 1 pill and normally I can fall asleep within the next half hour for about 6 hours. When I do fall asleep at bedtime without taking a Lunesta, I'll usually wake up at 2 or 3 and can't fall back to sleep. Taking a Lunesta at that point will give me the additional 3-5 hours more of sleep. After taking it for so many years, I don't even notice any metallic taste . I usually do not wake up feeling groggy or tired. Works great even though I'm concerned about long term unknown health issues. Don't want to grow two heads.."

Klatu (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I've taken Ambien more than 10yrs ago had a scary reaction, I've also taken OTC Sleep Aids including Benadryl is a complete waste sometimes with Benadryl I'd end up waking up in middle of night having to take more & so on! LUNESTA IS THE ONLY THING THAT EVER WORKED FOR ME. I'd take it 30 mins before bed but my husband would literally have to pick me up off couch and put me in bed because it worked faster than 30 mins I'd wake up feeling fabulous...I also can tell you when I was pregnant in my last trimester they gave me 5mg of Ambien bc they didn't know much about Lunestas effects during pregnancy...so I took half of 5mg didn't work took entire 5mg didn't work! LOVE LUNESTA!"

AMHNLM (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Started Lunesta after a failed try at Trazadone and Prazosin and some other kinds. I've been taking lunesta as needed for the past year. I'm currently on Adderall and come off it here and there to make sure I can still function without it. So when I go back to taking my adderall, sleep isn't an option. With the lunesta, it shuts my brain off and sleep the whole night. Yes, I have slight metal taste but I fall asleep before I actually notice it. I honestly wake not groggy at all, that's why I love it. But yes, I gotta be careful and not get hooked on taking this stuff and have an dependence."

LaraWit July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For those having problems with generic Lunesta not working, I have found that the MacLeod manufacturer works well, but definitely NOT the Dr Reddy's and the Mylan manufacturer--stay away from those"

inibikita (taken for 10 years or more) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I am new to Lunesta I was taking 10mg of Ambien until it stopped working. Dr started me out on 1mg, which didn't do much, as I need as much stuff that would knock a horse out. Very high tolerance. I don't know if I should try 2mg? Got the yucky taste in mouth and its still there this am. Any suggestions?"

Treated'n'released July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Doctor switched me to this after Ambien was no longer helping, as it would actually prevent me from going to sleep at all during the night. I have to say its pretty great and makes me go to sleep within an hour, no bad side effects and wake up feeling refreshed."

Anonymous July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "I gave this product 3 stars only because I have a high tolerance even though I am a tiny woman, so my experience may not be the norm. That being said, I had been using Ambien for my insomnia for quite a few months and it was starting to take hours before it would put me to sleep. My Dr. recommended we switch it up to see if another product worked better. I took Lunesta for only two nights before I knew it was not for me. Not only did it keep me awake, but it made my heart race and heightened my already bad anxiety. I immediately switched back to Ambien and I will stay put w that. I'm writing this as I hope this helps someone else like me. Had I read some reviews like this, I would have never switched over."

Cam0990 July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Beware! This works, but if you ever are without it- you'll not sleep. Withdrawals are a little rough if you are trying to come off use another otc sleep aid while off. My insurance quit coverage and I had to get thru without it . Not easy."

Kville mom (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Lunesta since 2010. Worked like a charm. Definitely left a metallic taste even the next morning, but I did not care because I could sleep and wake refreshed. I immediately switched to the generic once available and had no issues. However, earlier this year I noticed that the medication no longer had the metallic taste BUT I also noticed that it stopped working. It is obvious that the manufacturer has changed the inactive ingredients to do away with the side effect of the metallic taste but now the medication is NOT working and I don't know what I am going to do."

Hazleygirl June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lunesta (eszopiclone): "Bad taste in my mouth and noticed it immediately-- like I'm sucking on quarters -- my smoking does not help this taste lol um so first day, took it because I haven't slept since seroquel which is the only thing that has worked for me and because they don't have it on formulary in some parts of the states which sucks for me- and took it three hours ago and look at me blogging about it "

Madny (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017