User Reviews for Eszopiclone to treat Insomnia (Page 6)

Also known as: Lunesta

Eszopiclone Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 92 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Buz12345 October 8, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “This drug is horrible. I was given this drug because I wasn't sleeping more the 2 hours a night. I took it for 4 nights, and it made the sleep problems worse. On the forth day it started messing with my head. I stop taking it . I went on the Lunesta message board and found a lot of other people who had the same reaction. Some people even had worse problems with this drug.”

detour12 October 4, 2017

“I take a class once a week and get back late that night and it takes me a while to fall asleep so my doctor prescribe me lunesta ,the generic it. For the most part it works but it takes a while to kick in. I was originally told to take one, my doctor told me to try to see how that works. When it kicks in I feel like I sleep longer somedays. I only pay 10.00 co pay on this med!”

ZZZMember · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2017

“It's a good sleep aid.”

Emmy57 September 16, 2017

“Lunesta vs generic I have taken Lunesta for several years. My mind refuses to turn off at night and I typically would only sleep three hours or so. Lunesta worked great! I fell asleep fairly soon after I took it then woke up at 6am without drowsiness. This generic however, does absolutely nothing! My mind races all night long. I spoke with pharmacist about this being a placebo. He said that all generic companies are reputable. Insurance will not cover Lunesta without a reason. Fortunately, now I have one. This drug (RDY eszopiclone) should be analysed by the FDA.”

Sejjagk September 16, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “Did not work at 2mg. Cut another pill in half still not working”

Que Hughes · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “Just took my first pill at 3:15 am, I stay up pretty late and with in 5 minute I got the most awful taste in my mouth! Will add more after l sleep, if I sleep.”

stueydog September 4, 2017

“It did absolutely nothing for me. Nothing. I even took two.. Saw the whole night awake.”

Orangekorange August 29, 2017

“I have had insomnia, sometimes quite severe (couldn't sleep for 3-4 days, which is severe) and had been successfully taking 10mg of Ambien for the past 5 years, along with melatonin 5mg. Then it stopped working. I'd wake up after 2 hours of non-restful sleep. My Dr and I decided taking a vacation from Ambien might be helpful. I had tried lunesta first, before Ambien, years ago...and dreaded the awful taste. But hey, I have to sleep. The first weeks surprised me. I didn't get dazed or feel weird before falling asleep, like with Ambien. I just slept The downside is I wake achy and stay groggy, sleeping LONGER than I planned...so it is hard to get "up and at it." I'll take the sleep, though. Adding melatonin help”

ldyintn · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 28, 2017

“I've been taking Lunesta for awhile now. It's been the only medicine that has helped my chronic insomnia. When the generic came out you can tell there's a difference but it's still the best medicine to help me sleep.”

Stella2017 August 25, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “I've been on Ambien for 5 years 12.5 mg extended release,I started having bad side effects. Example i would only sleep till about 2am,I would have no memory of anything I said or did during the night. Migraine headaches the next morning like clock work. Then what did it for me I got between the wheel which id never do&have no clue how I got where I was. I was pulled over by a state trooper who checked me out&had paramedics examine me. My vitals were ok within normal range he called my husband to come&get me. Cuz I was so disoriented I have not much memory of any of this. Very dangerous long story short I now take lunesta works like a charm,it doesn't affect me like Ambien a mind altering drug with amnesia.”

VB Girl · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “In three short weeks this drug wrecked my body. I got a skin rash that got infected within 10 days. First I thought, okay, this is weird. I didn't connect it to the Lunesta... but it was all downhill from there. Brain fog, memory problems, getting lost while driving, etc. Then my whole digestion system crashed. I'm talking severe pain in my stomach, constant nausea, no appetite, and constipation that would not move without a laxative. Then my body launched adrenaline to fight back. I started switching from fatigue to adrenaline, back and forth. After one ER visit and numerous urgent care trips, I realised it all started with the Lunesta. Buyer beware.”

Klatu · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 27, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “I've been on Lunesta now for approximately 8 years. I take the 3 mg does at this point and usually take it every other night. The few nights that I can't fall asleep within 30 minutes or so, I'll take 1 pill and normally I can fall asleep within the next half hour for about 6 hours. When I do fall asleep at bedtime without taking a Lunesta, I'll usually wake up at 2 or 3 and can't fall back to sleep. Taking a Lunesta at that point will give me the additional 3-5 hours more of sleep. After taking it for so many years, I don't even notice any metallic taste . I usually do not wake up feeling groggy or tired. Works great even though I'm concerned about long term unknown health issues. Don't want to grow two heads..”

AMHNLM · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 22, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “I've taken Ambien more than 10yrs ago had a scary reaction, I've also taken OTC Sleep Aids including Benadryl is a complete waste sometimes with Benadryl I'd end up waking up in middle of night having to take more & so on! LUNESTA IS THE ONLY THING THAT EVER WORKED FOR ME. I'd take it 30 mins before bed but my husband would literally have to pick me up off couch and put me in bed because it worked faster than 30 mins I'd wake up feeling fabulous...I also can tell you when I was pregnant in my last trimester they gave me 5mg of Ambien bc they didn't know much about Lunestas effects during pregnancy...so I took half of 5mg didn't work took entire 5mg didn't work! LOVE LUNESTA!”

LaraWit July 22, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “Started Lunesta after a failed try at Trazadone and Prazosin and some other kinds. I've been taking lunesta as needed for the past year. I'm currently on Adderall and come off it here and there to make sure I can still function without it. So when I go back to taking my adderall, sleep isn't an option. With the lunesta, it shuts my brain off and sleep the whole night. Yes, I have slight metal taste but I fall asleep before I actually notice it. I honestly wake not groggy at all, that's why I love it. But yes, I gotta be careful and not get hooked on taking this stuff and have an dependence.”

inibikita · Taken for 10 years or more July 21, 2017

“For those having problems with generic Lunesta not working, I have found that the MacLeod manufacturer works well, but definitely NOT the Dr Reddy's and the Mylan manufacturer--stay away from those”

Treated'n'released July 15, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “I am new to Lunesta I was taking 10mg of Ambien until it stopped working. Dr started me out on 1mg, which didn't do much, as I need as much stuff that would knock a horse out. Very high tolerance. I don't know if I should try 2mg? Got the yucky taste in mouth and its still there this am. Any suggestions?”

Anonymous July 11, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “Doctor switched me to this after Ambien was no longer helping, as it would actually prevent me from going to sleep at all during the night. I have to say its pretty great and makes me go to sleep within an hour, no bad side effects and wake up feeling refreshed.”

Cam0990 July 10, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “I gave this product 3 stars only because I have a high tolerance even though I am a tiny woman, so my experience may not be the norm. That being said, I had been using Ambien for my insomnia for quite a few months and it was starting to take hours before it would put me to sleep. My Dr. recommended we switch it up to see if another product worked better. I took Lunesta for only two nights before I knew it was not for me. Not only did it keep me awake, but it made my heart race and heightened my already bad anxiety. I immediately switched back to Ambien and I will stay put w that. I'm writing this as I hope this helps someone else like me. Had I read some reviews like this, I would have never switched over.”

Kville mom · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 18, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “Beware! This works, but if you ever are without it- you'll not sleep. Withdrawals are a little rough if you are trying to come off use another otc sleep aid while off. My insurance quit coverage and I had to get thru without it . Not easy.”

Hazleygirl June 16, 2017

“I have been on Lunesta since 2010. Worked like a charm. Definitely left a metallic taste even the next morning, but I did not care because I could sleep and wake refreshed. I immediately switched to the generic once available and had no issues. However, earlier this year I noticed that the medication no longer had the metallic taste BUT I also noticed that it stopped working. It is obvious that the manufacturer has changed the inactive ingredients to do away with the side effect of the metallic taste but now the medication is NOT working and I don't know what I am going to do.”

Madny · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “Bad taste in my mouth and noticed it immediately-- like I'm sucking on quarters -- my smoking does not help this taste lol um so first day, took it because I haven't slept since seroquel which is the only thing that has worked for me and because they don't have it on formulary in some parts of the states which sucks for me- and took it three hours ago and look at me blogging about it ”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2017

“Generic brand doesn't not work for me at all. I couldn't sleep woke up several times at night. And then when to get up for work had a pounding headache. However The name brand work great how much more expensive.”

Dbe May 25, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “First had anxiety so agreed with doc to take Lexapro daily in the morning. It worked wonders. But then I realized I was still not sleeping well. Back to doc, who suggested Lunesta 3 mg. Have taken this combo since 2006 and can honestly say the 2 Meds have saved my life. Have had to add Wellbutrin in am with Lexapro, but am a fan for life. FYI: have been able to wean Lunesta down to 1.5mg at times; and am hopeful that eventually I can give it up entirely. I have stayed at 1.5mg dose for maybe 4 months at a time. But then life events tend to make me need the 3 mg again. Bottom line, I am lucky that these 3 Meds work for me. I wish everyone out there to find the right recipe for sleep and peace.”

TooBadTobums · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2017

“Neurologist prescribed eszopiclone 3mg to replace klonopin for nocturnal myoclonus. Klonopin had daytime cognitive effects for me. Eszopiclone initially worked well. But I woke up after 5 1/2 to 6 hours, even if it's 3am. No getting back to sleep. BIG problem now, pharmacies continuously change drug manufacturers, so I never know which maker of eszopiclone I'll be getting. Dark blue eszopiclone, with a beach ball shape does not work at all. My neurologist and two pharmacists also getting feedback that not all generics of Lunesta work. Pharmacies state that they can not order from a particular company because this is a controlled substance. Can anyone help me? Is anyone in this forum having better success with a particular drug manufacturer?”

Ktbuggg12 · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2017

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “I took 3mg my first night. I was so groggy, I don't remember anything from about two hours before bed and I had the WORST TIME waking up this AM. I was so groggy and cranky and again can barely remember anything until I started finally getting up and around. This is super strong, I took 3mg, but for someone who goes days without sleeping, I'll take these side effects over no sleep any day. I am taking the generic. At least give it a try. I have to for insurance purposes and I'm pretty glad I did. My doctor says the grogginess will fade after a while.”

Learn more about Insomnia

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)