User Reviews for Eszopiclone (Page 2)

Also known as: Lunesta

Insomnia 5.8

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Kenrosecar · Taken for 10 years or more December 18, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Now taking 3mg of Lunesta for over 13 years, it no longer works for continued sleep ,I awake 4 Hours after and am sleepy all day even with Adderall and Nuvigal, having Traumatic Brain Injury I need to have a good night sleep but haven't for 3 years now so its time for a change.”

LadySteph · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 18, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Been on 2mg Lunesta on and off for 3 yrs and it’s mostly effective. Once in a while it does nothing but as long as I take it on an empty stomach it works well. Before and during my period is when it’s less effective. Had insomnia for 15 yrs and finally at 37years old, drs will treat me with real sleep meds (Not crappy Unisom or trazedone) Ambien is scary- put me in a hypnotic-awake state! Ambien CR was my fave but Lunesta generic is cheaper. No probs with metallic taste idk what people are talking about. Just take it at least 3 hrs after dinner, get into bed with complete darkness and maybe some sleep podcasts and you’ll be in dreamland soon...”

Rella · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Okay my anxiety has been really high. Was taking ambien but was not working like it use to so was presxribed lunesta. No sedating effect at all. After 5 hours and meditation tapes I think I may have slept one hour”

Slugger9 · Taken for 10 years or more December 4, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been taking Lunesta for over 12+ yrs now, every night, never missed a night. I never took more than my prescribed dose either. I was taking a 3mg does up until 4 months ago when I asked my dr to wean me off of it, starting with a lower dose. I have been taking 2mg for 4 months. 4 nights ago I just stopped taking it....Its no big deal to many, but it's a huge deal for me. The drug has not worked for me for years now. I have not had the metallic taste in mouth for 10 yrs I'm thinking, but I do remember it. Picture definition of an addict. I have been taking absolutely nothing before bed these last 4 nights. I have slept fairly well the last 2 nights. First couple nights, once I fell asleep, I woke up every 2 hrs or so...My attitude now is so what if I wake up or fall asleep later. At least I'm not controlled by a tiny blue pill! I weighed 195 when I started taking lunesta, 35 yrs old, 6'1". Now I'm 48 and weigh 245. Hopefully I'll lose some lbs in coming months.”

Mandz01 · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2019

For Insomnia: “I currently am taking 20 mg prozac and trying to wean to 10 mg so I was experiencing difficulty sleeping. I had been using Ativan to help on the nights when sleep came with difficulty. My doctor prescribed me Zoplicone instead. I started it last weekend and the first night it worked like a charm. I've used it on and off since then and last night didn't take any and had a full-blown episode of insomnia. I likely won't continue using it as I fear it is habit-forming.”

Feetus · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 25, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Worked Excellent for me would knock me out and keep me asleep all night and i would wake up refreshed with no side effects... was my favorite. Some people don't like it because it can leave a metallic taste in your mouth which it sometimes did but it would go away as soon as you brush your teeth or rinse with mouthwash not a big deal. I was on it for a little more than a year but unfortunately it stopped working. I took a break from it hoping it would work again but it never did.. I now take Restoril/Temazepam which is working well”

Hailey November 24, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “The first time I took Lunesta I slept about 2 hours. After that it did absolutely nothing. Zzzquil works better. Will not be taking it anymore.”

Maggie · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “My doc wanted me to start on a low dose of Lunesta, so had 1 mg last night......didn't sleep at all. She said higher doses can cause weight gain, etc. Ambien is my demon drug. I was sleep eating and at one point, gained 40 pounds. So that's not an option. Just wish I could find a permanent solution :(”

CrashDavis · Taken for 10 years or more November 22, 2019

For Insomnia: “This drug eszopiclone has probably saved my life. I have a very active mind and have had sleep problems since I was a teen. I prefer this drug because I can go days without it, so I don't fear addiction to it but on nights I'm really struggling, it does the job for me. Solid 6-8 hrs. I don't like benzo's and my doctor believes they are much more addictive. The bad mouth taste thing can be an issue for some. I get rid of it really easily in the morning by brushing my teeth and scraping my tongue (which everyone should do anyways).”

Ruby November 13, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I was prescribed Lunesta after having some panic attacks. Took it for 6 months and usually slept. However, I decided to quit cold turkey after reading about long term side effects. Detox was horrible! Didn’t sleep did a week with a variety of withdrawal symptoms. Thought I needed to go to rehab. This stuff is just bad!!!!”

Pork · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Was on 22.5 mg remron. Went to sleep study consult and neurologist stopped the remron ,which wasn't working, and prescribed lunesta 2mg at bedtime. First night I was exhausted . I slept ok. Next night took at 7 pm. Dozed off quickly but woke up at 10:38 with anxiety. I laid awake rest of the night. Next day... Same thing. Just can't sleep with this drug. ”

Carlitos · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 2, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have used Lunesta for several years. (Bad choice). Increasingly I have taken falls trying to get to the bathroom. Alarmingly, I feel partially paralyzed and cannot get up when this has happened. I spent too many nights sleeping on the floor until the drug clears from my system. I am finally breaking my addiction.”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I used this the first day and seemed to work, probably because I was so exhausted. Took it the second day and didn’t work at all. Decided to give it another try and, well, here I am typing a review and not sleeping. I will be junking this medication in the morning.”

Roxy · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 24, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been on Lunesta 3mg for the last, after many trials of others, Lunesta did help me fall asleep. However, I would wake up every third night or so and binge eat. Like...I have gained ten Pounds over over the last several months that I don’t remember eating!! Ambien did the same thing to a lesser degree.”

CT · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2019

For Insomnia: “The medicine did what it is intended to do. When I take it I can sleep at least 7 hours, but it gave me a lot of side effects. On the next day, my concentration and working memory and processing speed are affected. The worst of all is that I didn't realize it until it gave me problems.”

Marisim · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Unable to sleep at all with Lunesta. Lay awake all night. Did not work for me.”

Byebye October 15, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “The horrid taste made me flush the bottle after two tries. And the taste lasted a longgggg time. Gross no”

simpleman · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 14, 2019

For Insomnia: “Eszopiclone seems to be hit or miss whether or not the brand will change, and the effectiveness will also vary. I started with 3mg from Mylan, worked perfectly, was able to actually go to sleep and stay asleep for about 5 to 7 hours. Then my pharmacy switched to Aurobindo 3mg and it stopped working entirely. I even tried not taking it for 2 weeks and powered through with benadryl and melatonin (which didn't work very well), and started taking the Aurobindo 3mg again and nothing. Talked to my pharmacy and they said they can't get the other brand anymore. So now I'm switching pharmacy for this one prescription, and that is it's own entire battle. The pharmacy messed up and told my new pharmacy that I had already transferred my prescription from another pharmacy (not true), so my new pharmacy tried calling my doctor for a new prescription and now my doctors office suspects me of pharmacy hopping.”

Bye bye · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

For Insomnia: “IR tasted terrible and that’s bad enough if you can just do something quick and be over it. Noooo it lingers for HOURS. NOPE. DONE”

Bunny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 13, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I’ve been on Lunesta for 6-7 months and occasionally would rarely have a night that it didn’t work. However, it has stopped working for me the last week. I slept well last night but it’s much more likely due to exhaustion. Now here I am at 2:47 am wide awake. I get so frustrated because nothing seems to help and I don’t understand why I suffer so badly with this!”

Tatersma October 4, 2019

For Insomnia: “I've taken ambien for a while now and it seems to have lost its effectiveness on me so I asked to switch to lunesta. This is my 2nd night taking it. I DO NOT FEEL DROWSY, trying to sleep, really trying. I feel the opposite of drowsy, and the horrible bitter taste it leaves in my mouth...unbearable.”

Marley · Taken for less than 1 month September 26, 2019

For Insomnia: “Took generic Lunesta (eszopiclone) last night. I was restless afterward and could not fall asleep. Stayed awake until 3am. I took samples of Lunesta when it first came out and slept like a baby. Is generic not identical? VERY DISAPPOINTED.”

Sleeplessnights · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I took 2.5 mg of Lunesta the other night. I felt drowsy initially but when I went to try and fall asleep, I couldn't. I laid in bed exhausted and unable to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I took it again the 2nd night and I may have caught an hour or two of sleep. I'm honestly not sure. I know they say to give it a week or two to kick in but my sleep is worse than it was before. It's going to be a long and exhausting few weeks.”

Detoxing Opiates Insomnia · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've been on prescription pain meds for years. Detoxing for two weeks now. Couldn't fall asleep till 1-2am then I'd wake up 2 hrs later. I was so exhausted that I went to my dr yesterday to ask for help. 2mg Lunesta, my error to have taken it too soon after eating so it took longer to work - about an hour to kick in before I finally fell asleep. Woke up twice in 12 hrs to pee ( I am 60 male ) and went right back to sleep. Even dreamed so I hit REM sleep! Ambien is a benzo. I was already on ativan. So ambien was not an option. Lunesta worked well for me. 12 hrs sleep! Yay.”

RG · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2019

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I slept ok on this. Not as good as other sleep meds I took, but Lunesta did help.”