User Reviews for Temazepam

Also known as: Restoril

Learn more about Temazepam.

Temazepam Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 112 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Temazepam to treat Insomnia

"Agitated, anxious, confused, and feel like a completed idiot throughout the day"

ERM57 August 19, 2016

Restoril (temazepam): "This medicine helps me relax won't feel drowsy at all the next day or feel honesty rested the next day"

Rosemary 3000 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2016

Restoril (temazepam): "The people who are rating this medication lower than an 8 aren't taking it properly. This is an amazing medication when taken properly. You really have to take this medication AT YOUR BEDTIME. You cannot take it and then expect to get a good nights sleep while watching tv, going through Facebook on your phone for 2 hours or any other activity like that, you need to take it literally right before you plan to go to bed. Temazepam 22.5mg has worked wonders for my insomnia it has helped me to regain a good nights sleep which I was no longer experiencing anymore."

Jeff5987 August 12, 2016

"I have been in need for medical assistance and medications to help me to sleep for 20 years. I was not lucky here in the US. I found abroad the most fantastic sleep inducers. From the family of Diazepine called Parnox. This medication was perfect. Makes me fall asleep and cero side effects: Recently I was unable to travel and found here here Temazepan and is the same fantastic medication. Same effect and zero side effects. I super recommend it. Good luck"

An excellent sleep inducer July 21, 2016

"It works well for me. No side effects"

Anonymous July 9, 2016

"This drug does nothing for me at all"

Sleepless in Tecase Community July 8, 2016

"I took 30 mg Tremazepam every night for several years. It really worked for me. I had a long history of sleeping only a few hours then waking up and not falling back to sleep. This drug put me pleasantly to sleep, and I would sleep 7-9 hours. Sometimes I was groggy in the morning for a while. Then my MD took me off the medication because if is meant for only a short time use. I was able to get off with no withdrawal in three weeks. Now, I am back to waking up after several hours sleep and staying awake for several hours before falling back to sleep. I limit my use of this drug to twice a week now. It still works, but I won't take it every night. I don't think my MD will write another RX for it, so I'm rationing what I have left"

Swanz (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 20, 2016

"Still finding it hard to sleep its 5am and ive just taking my 3rd pill, im getting so frustrated, angry, not happy at all, i hate this just want a sleep."

Riley bis (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2016

"I tried temazapam for 3 days and got zero results. I'm lucky if I sleep 2 hrs a night. So, the next night I took a 30 mg tablet, 2 shots of whiskey, 2 tablets of melatonin, smoked a little weed and I slept for 7 hrs. Never felt better!"

Paulinthedesert (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2016

"This works wonders... Obviously it is different per person but in my experience for over two months now, along with 1-2 pills of Seroquel (50mg) ea, I have been getting full nights rest. I've always had a issue with sleep, and used to self medicate with herb which I no longer do. My doctor tried 4 different sleeping aids prior to prescribing me both Temazepam and Seroquel. If you are having a issue sleeping, go to the doctor and ask to be put on these, at least try it! Temezapam is a Benzopien, so you'll have to show your ID wherever you get it filled at. Good luck!"

Nickitt (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

Restoril (temazepam): "I was given a prescription of 30mg Restoril by my GP doctor to help combat recurring bouts of insomnia. While it did nothing to help me fall asleep, it did help me in a couple of other ways. I frequently suffer from tension headaches and noticed after 15 minutes of my first dose the headache was completely eradicated which lead me to believe that it does well as a muscle relaxer . Another property of the drug which I found helpful was a significant decrease in anxiety and made me more comfortable in social situations . I never felt "high" just an increased desire to interact with my fellow peers. So while I can't give it a glowing review for the reason it was prescribed, other effects outweighed the uselessness of the intended treatment."

Jaime Hart (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2016

"Partner is using it during the day he seems so strange unfocused and aggressive.What can I do I feel like he's a completely different person he can't reason with anyone and he's talking shit all the time proper off his head"

Kat,1975 May 16, 2016

Restoril (temazepam): "Takes at least 1/2 hour to begin having any effect. Effect lasts only about 2 hours."

John28 April 26, 2016

"Worked for awhile pretty well but then went back to maybe getting 2 hours of sleep a night if i was lucky! I need help and i feel so anxious i need something to help me with this horrible insomnia."

Garcia1987 April 21, 2016

Restoril (temazepam): "my bp goes up when i lay down giving me insomiia. This med helps me go to sleep but not stay asleep and I sometimes have vivid dreams on this med but I still think its worth a try.Iit does provide a relaxing feeling"

jason elliott41 April 16, 2016

"Gives you a nice undisturbed sleep and has a kind of heavy, foggy side effect that comes over you after you have taken it. I woke up the next morning though and I felt really, really depressed. I do have a history of depression so not even sure if this should have been prescribed to me but it is useful for relief of insomnia. However I prefer diazepam."

Sezthet (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

"Restoril 15mg works pretty well for me. I started experiencing moderate insomnia, just over a year ago. I've been taking 2mg of Xanax, 3 times a day for many years, for panic attacks. My psychiatrist prescribed Restoril, because it's also a benzodiazepine. It doesn't have the "hangover effects" of other sleep medications. The only complaint that I have is that it doesn't last as long as it's supposed to, for me. I usually wake up about 5 hours after, and have difficulty getting back to sleep. If you're already taking a benzo, this should be great for you, on a short or long term basis. If you're not, then be careful and wean off of it, because you can have have pretty nasty withdrawal symptoms!"

SunkistNinja (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2016

"I have tried every sleeping pill on the market. I was on dalmane first when I was a kid. When I was sixteen, I was in the hospital, the nurse gave me a restoril and told me I'll love it there's no hangover in the morning, and she was right. Knocked me out as good as dalmane, but there was no next day effect like dalmane did, and dalmane was so potent, there could be a fire and I wouldn't wake up. Restoril is not that potent, but it is very good. I've taken it for many, many years, beginning 1984 the first time, then I went on halcion, but I really thought restoril was better, after sleepwalking on ambien in 1995 I only went on halcion or restoril for my insomnia. I have severe insomnia"

frank7968 (taken for 10 years or more) April 3, 2016

"Do not take this drug! I have taken it for about a year. 30 mg. Truly great at FIRST. Little did I know about the withdrawals, pure hell. I never should have been on it this long. It's only supposed to be prescribed for a week! Now it doesn't work anymore, and the withdrawal symptoms are unbearable."

Josephscoatrose17 April 1, 2016

"Been taking it for years. Not as effective as at first. I sleep maybe 4 hours, then wake. Take a 350 mg soma about 3am watch 30 min TV, awake at 6am like clock work. No groggy or med hangover though. Better than ambian or lunista. I can take a fist full of those and watch the middle of the night programming. Like others, never had a problem sleeping. I think interferon destroyed that ability, but I'm alive and cured, so I'll take a little insomnia. Hope this helps you!"

Wurkskinda (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 31, 2016

Restoril (temazepam): "This works wonders for my insomia! Initially, Ambien was prescribed to me but it gave me the worst headache. With Restoril, I get at least 6 hours of sleep."

Ceeeeebeeeee March 29, 2016

"It is awful. It made me nervous and anxious and made me shake. It did quite the opposite of what its meant to for me."

Bellad1847 March 8, 2016

"this med is ok , it does help me go to sleep but I still can not stay asleep!!"

lasleigh March 7, 2016

"I take 30 mg at like 10:00 pm and fall asleep but I wake up at like 5:00 or 6:00 am exhausted and exhausted most of the day. I also take XANAX .5 mg once or twice during the day for anxiety / panic attacks. That helps but still tired all day"

Miradee March 5, 2016

"Had been using Temazepam for some years 2 - 3 X a month for insomnia during full moon events. Last Fall, I discovered that Temazepam gave me other relief as well. Developed renal stone, prostate, & diverticulosis issues that began to significantly interfere with my sleep. I'd wake because of bladder & kidney discomfort, have a minimally productive urination with a fair amount of UT irritation, return to bed & soon experience rising irritability from my colon requiring another bathroom trip, this time for a minimally productive bowel movemen with no return to deep sleep and the cycle repeating 2 - 3 more times in the next 4 hours making for poor sleep and a distinctly irritable attitude upon rising. No problem with Temazepam!"

Bisbee Mike (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016