User Reviews for Temazepam

Also known as: Restoril

Learn more about Temazepam.

Temazepam Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 111 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Temazepam to treat Insomnia

"I had basically not slept for like 5 years. I'd been prescribed numerous meds that didn't work. Finally, my psychiatrist prescribed Restperil and it has worked wonders. I finally have my life back and can function during the day. I only wish I'd found it sooner. The 30mg works wonderful for me. I feel great in the mornings and I don't feel drugged out. I haven't noticed any side effects whatsoever."

Anonymous February 14, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking temazpam for 7 years I take 40 to 60mg a day I want to stop taking them but I'm scared of the side affects"

Tanyatee16 February 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Restoril (temazepam): "Started taking Temazepam when my parents were sick. I have had chronic insomnia for 20 years before resorting to asking the doctor for some help, as I was taking extremely high doses of Gravol/Dramamine and was lucky to fall asleep at 5 am only to have to get up at 6 am. Started with some blue pill that left a horrible aftertaste, then Ativan but that didn't work. Finally started with Temazepam at night. Take it a couple hours before bed, and then fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. I will never come off this drug, I couldn't possibly return to crippling insomnia."

ducky69 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Restoril (temazepam): "Worked for me and I can NEVER sleep. Only downfall is it takes so long to kick in. Woke up 7 hours later feeling fine."

Sleepless in MI83 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Very effective.6-8 hours uninterrupted sleep"

Insomniac 1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Totally ineffective. Only giving it a 2 because of the lack of side effects, otherwise i'd give it a 1."

Spazoman January 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking Temazepam 30mg nightly for about 7 years. The results have been very good for sleep but I also have a side benefit, the Temazepam also mask my pain from severe neuropathy. I decided to stop taking the drug and did for over 3 weeks with no withdraw issues but the neuropathy came back with a vengeance so I've started using it again."

Riloky December 20, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Restoril (temazepam): "As a chronic insomniac I have trouble not only getting to sleep but staying asleep. Temazepam works wonderfully: 7-8 hours of blissful sleep. There are no side-effects that I have noticed."

Irate computer user (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've tried all other drugs and prescription drugs..Temazapam hands down 30 mgs. However I have a high tolerance to these sleep aids"

Uncle D December 16, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took Temazepam 15 MG for over a month with no results. I combined it with zzzquill about halfway through the month which still didn't help. I've now upped my dose to 30 mg per night combined with zzzquill for the last two weeks and it's still not getting me to sleep. Once I finally fall asleep, which can take hours, I still wake up several times throughout the night."

LexiLemur December 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I received 15mg for the very first time ever, took one dose at 7:30pm and it is 11pm and still wide awake, been getting 2 hours of sleep a night and this didn't help, so disappointed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My first dose I stayed up all night got sleepy the next day. I like my Ambien better. I take it on weekends when im not working.when it does put me to sleep it takes half the night."

Katherine T November 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Restoril (temazepam): "Restiril for sleep"

skdmark (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My doctor prescribed me 10mg temazapam to help with my sleep. I have been taking Mirtazapine for just over a year which helps with my depression, anxiety, sleep and eating. I recently upped my dose of mirtz to 45mg but noticed the effects were not as good (sleeping and eating non existent again!). I have now gone back down to 30mg of mirtz and have 14days worth of Temazapam. The first time I was previously prescribed temazapam it worked absolute wonders for my sleep! Last night I took my first one from this prescription and I slept amazingly. No grogginess the next day and even boosts my appetite. This medication REALLY needs to be taken at bedtime, if you want to be asleep by 10pm take your medication at 9:30. :)"

Linz0rzz November 15, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Restoril (temazepam): "I typically take 30MG and it gets to work in about 2hrs and once I'm asleep I might wake up but it's easy-to-use go back to sleep. When I take it I feel like a receive a well rested 4 to 6 hrs of sleep. I wake up not at all drowsy. But refreshed and ready to take on the world."

ggorgeousgabb November 14, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Restoril (temazepam): "30 milligrams worked like a charm for three months in addition to medicine I take for depression bipolar and anxiety all mixed together I slept however I needed to up my dose of 60 milligrams forward to continue to work which it also did like a charm for 3 more months that is 6 months I'm sleeping after 2 years of extreme insomnia which had basically destroyed my life I am up and running however...... I had a doctor's appointment today because I have been getting restless sleep I wanted to go to 30 milligrams Restoril and 10 milligrams of Valium as this has worked in the past however my doctor was not there and I am scared that I may not sleep so well or take extra medicine to sleep that's my experience"

whatsupsky November 2, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Last night I took it for the first time. For several years now I have had extreme difficulty going to sleep, staying asleep and sleeping for any length of time. The drug worked amazingly. I went to sleep within 30 minutes and slept for 6 straight hours. Years have passed since I did that. I awakened before alarm clock refreshed and no "hangover" effect from taking the drug."

TMD Sleep Disorder October 26, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Restoril (temazepam): "Great medication!"

Amanda L Dupree (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My dr. prescribed these after my father whom I had taken care of for years, died. My drug addict 30 yr. old son moved in, and I was not sleeping for days. They worked wonderful! I have been taking them for a year now. a 30 day supply last me 90+ days. I only take them if I feel I am not going to be able to sleep. My son has since moved out, but now, my husband is bed ridden, and it is me who works 40+ hrs. a week, and does everything, that has to take care of him! My dr. retired, and my new Dr. refuses to give me any type of sleeping pills. He actually told me to take benadryl! unbelievable.....tell me to take a different one instead of something I insist I need.??? should I shop for another dr? I just may."

freefallPA September 28, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this after being on ambein for a while. The ambien kinda ran it's course. I took this the first night I felt relaxed but not sleepy at all. It took me about an hour to fall asleep and then I woke up 4 hours later and couldn't go back to sleep. I decided to give it a second try with melatonin . I can tell the medication wasn't working again. But I was so tired from the lack of sleep I couldn't even tell. And it was giving me headaches. I'm done. I'm taking my ambien this weekend until I get a hold of my doctor. The ambien works much better, not well, but better. I don't recommend this, however, everyone is different."

April A. September 18, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had sleep problems for years. Temazepam is a tremendous help to me. Lack of sleep causes far worse side effects for me than this drug does. My doctor prescribed 15 mg temazepam after other, apparently more preferred medications, failed to work. I empty about a third of the capsule, as 10 mg seems adequate for me but is unavailable in generic. I generally have no trouble falling to sleep but wake, wide awake, between 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. That is when I take temazepam and I fall back to sleep within 20 minutes. For me it becomes less effective after about 2 weeks use, so I skip a night and then it is once again effective. My only side effect is some morning grogginess, but it subsides after my one cup of coffee."

Judelyn (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 15, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Have had sleep problems for 30 years or more.Of all the meds that the doc's gave me I do think the temazepam 30 mg works best for me. As some others have said that it should be taken at bedtime...not be on computer or tv..i will nod with the tv on but find that i fall in to a more restful sleep when i turn it off. Also for me it does not last long. 2 or 3 hours. I don't take extra doses to get back to sleep .Have been taking this for 5 years with no brain fog in the morning. Occasionally i substitute Ativan for a short time and then go back to taking temazepam . For me this seems to work well and the temazepam seems to remain quite effective."

6970 September 11, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Being a severe epileptic I've had insomnia for years as well as some thyroid probs that lead to increased BP/HR. I originally tried Lunesta /ambien and they caused pretty nasty side effects (doing stuff and not remembering etc) plus they stopped working pretty quickly. My PCP eventually placed me on 30mg tablet of Temazepam (from my understanding though not many drs in the US like to prescribe this med due to possible dependency issues etc). While it's only supposed to be used on a short term basis I've actually been taking it for about a year almost every night (sometimes I don't), when I don't take it i haven't noticed any unpleasant side effects. It just slowly puts me while watching TV to a great restful sleep. Def recommend!!"

Nipplyfish (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Kept me up all night. Just the reverse effect. I took it to sleep and then stayed up all night. I will not be taking it again. Trazadone works better"

Anonymous August 27, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"bruh i woke up halfway through the night and was drowsy as hell the next day"

ebola August 26, 2016