User Reviews for Ambien (Page 5)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ambien.

Insomnia
7.4

Summary of Ambien reviews 7.4 418 reviews

Reviews for Ambien

For Insomnia "I have been taking Ambien for almost 1 yr now and find it to work just well. I sleep for almost 6 hrs but it takes almost 1- 1.5 hrs to kick in for me. I take it when in bed because once it's in and the effect takes in I fall right asleep and don't remember what time I fell asleep, I wake up right when my alarm goes off or if I need to use the restroom. I don't wake up groggy and feel pretty great about my day, everyone I believe would like to sleep in more but 4-6hrs is good for me. I have horrible insomnia which keeps me up all night until about 6-7 am then maybe fall asleep fr being a zombie. Ambien definitely helps " me", but yes on a empty stomach is a must it else I can just say I wasted a pill. Good luck with your experiences."

kar0311 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 15, 2015

For Insomnia "I have taken Ambein for about 4 years, never wake up tired or groggy. Stay asleep for a good 6-7 hours. Best sleep med I have taken."

Robphins65 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2015

For Insomnia "Not my experience but my wife's,very effective and addictive,after work the highlight to her day is taking this, has changed her personality and what's important to her. Tried many different things and this is where where at,"

Rz1 October 2, 2015

For Insomnia "Took ambien for the first time last night after not sleeping all night for months. I didn't want to wake up late or groggy. This worked wonders. Took at 9ish just woke up at 6. So happy I didn't sleep in but also got a full nights rest... Now let's hope I didn't do anything weird."

Alifair October 2, 2015

For Insomnia "I have been on Ambien for almost a month now. This drug works maybe a 30 mins later but I do not stay sleep. It gives me maybe a good 6 hours of rest. I'm tired throughout the day but still can't fall asleep when I get home."

Still tired October 2, 2015

For Insomnia "I have been taking 5 mg of Ambien for quite a while. It has, however, been making me wake up, every hour on the hour, and I eat and eat through out the night. Years ago I took Ambien and I would wake up and I would find crumbs in the bed and would not remember even eating anything. Let's just say, I gain 'unneeded' weight...... ;( I told my psychiatrist today that I want to stop taking it and that I wish to 'wean' myself off of it, and she told me to 'just do it'. You don't have to worry about weaning it. Your on such a small dose." On every thing I have ever read and learned (I am a RN), you wean yourself off of any medicine. So I am going to wean myself off of the Ambien. Thanks for reading."

kdblueey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2015

For Insomnia "I kept waking up"

Anonymous September 17, 2015

For Insomnia "I personally have not taken this medication but my mother has. I am 19 and she started taking it when I was 12. It for the most part helped her insomnia but the side effects were extreme. I would have to stay up until she had fallen asleep because if I didn't she would do things and not remember them the next morning. She would take our dog for a walk in the dark at 10 at night by herself. There was one occasion where she woke up on our neighbors cement front porch with our dog. She had no recollection of how she got there. She would eat strange things like vineager and ketchup chicken quesadillas, she would fall down the stairs, she would lose things, and she got very addicted. Coming off it was horrible. The night terrors were insane"

Utahgirl September 17, 2015

For Insomnia "I was prescribed this (5 mg) to help me sleep. No other medication or remedy worked. Since I've taken this, I have got the best sleep of my life. About 10 mins after taking the pill, I already start feeling loopy and tired. The only downside is that I wake up with a drug hangover and feel a little off for a few hours, but that's far better than being grouchy and sleep deprived."

aerodrel September 17, 2015

For Insomnia "Wow is all I can say... Within 30 minutes... I could feel the effects of the Ambien. Within 3 minutes of my head hitting my pillow. I was out like a damn light. I only woke up once in the middle of the night,and that was because my husband was moving around on the bed. But I went right back to sleep. This stuff has given me the best sleep I've had in WEEKS. Thank you!"

Pand0rahBear (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2015

For Insomnia "I experience insomnia in that my mind often does not "turn off," I tend to keep thinking once I lay down in bed. Over the counter sleep aids have been ineffective and leave me drowsy the day after. Ambien turns off my mind and I sleep well. Sometimes I wake up in about 5 to 6 hours, if I need a bit more sleep then I take a half pill (5 mg) for the remaining two extra hours of sleep that I need to feel well rested. I have had no side effects."

Mark Andrews August 30, 2015

For Insomnia "I wrote earlier, but wanted to add something about pumpkin seed oil. I have pelvic floor dysfunction from a hysterectomy, and my bladder plus IBS wakes me up all night - every 1.5 hours or so. Since I've been taking pumpkin seed oil (an organic brand) - a little over a teaspoon, I sleep much better. I hope to get off the Ambien eventually and just use the a Sleep Aid and the pumpkins seed oil."

Seashell Again August 25, 2015

For Insomnia "I take 5 or 10 mg depending on the day. I love this med. it shuts my mind off so i can sleep. I've tried cutting out caffeine using allergy meds herbal type sleep aides and Tylenol pm....the crap doesn't work. Ambien is only thing that's worked and I've never done anything dangerous or weird on it"

Vanise August 22, 2015

For Insomnia "This drug will knock you out for sure, but it has some really crazy side effects that I didn't think would actually happen to me, mainly doing stuff that I don't remember at all -- one night I made an extremely hefty online purchase and had no recollection of it. I also "drunk text" on Ambien, or otherwise say things verbally to people that I don't remember. This has happened a number of times and actually caused a lot of problems in my last relationship. I've woken up literally covered in food. It also worsened my depression. Not a great experience."

wfseam1 August 20, 2015

For Insomnia "LOVE IT! I have never had a side effect and look forward to bed which I no longer dread! I cut 5 mg, in half and if wake-up and can't get back to sleep take other half. Highly recommend,"

Just Jude August 17, 2015

For Insomnia "Ambien was not the drug for me. There were mental side effects that caused me to being depressed, and confusion about life interests. I was in the emergency room 4 times in one weekend after 2 months of taking ambien prescribed by my doctor to help me sleep. I will never take this drug again. !!"

ginger pops August 15, 2015

For Insomnia "I have been taking ambien for a month and a half. It does eventually help me to fall asleep but it comes with a couple of side effects. One of those side effect is I get very loopy and weird. Also I do not remember anything when I wake up from the time after I take ambien. I probably will not remember writing this review."

Govinda Chajulal is my name (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2015

For Insomnia "EXTREMELY addicting and after a while you need more AND more to sleep. Also, in mornings I would find cooked meals, tv and lights on, and scary time I found bicycle out front! !! STAY AWAY FROM THIS AND LANISTA."

Anonymous August 2, 2015

For Insomnia "Take it on an empty stomach, or it won't work. I have terrible insomnia and have been on it long-term. It still works after 15 years. It had some initial side effects, but they went away after a few months. It works very well, but I gave it eight stars only because you have to take on an empty stomach. If I eat a late dinner, I can count on it not working. Otherwise, it's the only medication that has helped me sleep. I take 15-20 mg per night."

pjryder75 July 16, 2015

For Insomnia "Be aware take this medication and immediately lay down !!!!!the first night I took this medication I was up apparently I don't remember !!!!so I was told, serving myself a shot ,eating, requested weird sexual favors,and was having conversations and answering myself,and had no memory of all these fun festivies the next day,lol,thanks ambien,lesson learned my boyfriend had a blast though!!!!!!!"

Anonymous June 23, 2015

For Insomnia " Really wonderful"

Dr. Brian (taken for 10 years or more) June 16, 2015

For Insomnia "I've been taking this medication on and off for over 3 years, and it has worked wonderfully. Just a third or half of a 5mg pill works for me. I have not experienced any side effects, but do go right to bed once I take the pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2015

For Insomnia "I love this stuff! It's improved my quality of life immensely. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I now take 5 mg at bedtime, and I still wake up after about 4 hours, but then take another 5 mg (I cut the pill in half) and fall right back asleep for another 3 to 4 hours. I've been taking it for 2 years now, and still works as good today as the first day I took it!!"

John C. May 19, 2015

For Insomnia "Wow !!! If you are taking this med. take and lay down and close your eyes. You will say and do things and not remember a thing. For real ..."

Rebel Prepper (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2015

For Insomnia "Oh my gosh! Started taking this for shift work 6 years ago and now it's the only way I can sleep- only I don't any more! I went thru the hallucinations , the binge eating, the "oh my God, I bought what on ebay last night?" To waking up in some unusual places not knowing how I got there. It takes you through the coaster ride but the thrill is gone. Fitful nights, not more than 3 solid hours any more. I'm trying belsomra tomorrow night. Side effects sound scary, but so did ambien when I first heard about it. Not a cure all and it's only worth praising the 1st year or 2. Sucks when your sleep never comes...."

Denisemanger (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 16, 2015