User Reviews for Zaleplon to treat Insomnia (Page 4)

Also known as: Sonata

Zaleplon has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 118 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 42% of those users who reviewed Zaleplon reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Zaleplon Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Zaleplon

CaliGirlStuckinTX · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 14, 2017

“I have found Sonata to be highly effective. I take 10mg when I get in bed and have relaxed a bit. I sleep 7-9 hours without waking up in the middle of the night. No grogginess in the morning. I have Major Depressive Disorder plus GAD, so sleep is very important in managing the disease -- and I get that sleep with Sonata. I took Ambien for a year or so but stopped when I washed dishes and cleaned my kitchen without remembering (sleepwalking, etc. are side effects of Ambien.) Weaning off the Ambien was a horrific experience -- I had rebound insomnia and didn't sleep for 3 days. Anyway, I highly recommend Sonata.”

Gooby December 28, 2020

“I took this medicine once long long ago before I even reach 18 years old. I had an exam back then and I couldn't sleep, this medicine gave me the worst hallucinations in my entire life and couldn't sleep at all that night.”

texasluva · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2020

“I tried zaleplon over 3 years ago. It did not work and made me feel strange. After trying 2 others I finally got Triazolam .25mg. What a world of difference. Been using it for 3+ years. It's rating is 3 points higher then Zaleplon. Triazolam has given me no side effects.”

Tinabird · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 13, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon): “I have had insomnia since I was a teenager. By having little sleep made me susceptible to being sick a lot as a young woman. Once I was prescribed Luniest by my Psychopharmacologist, it really helped but over many years I became kind of "Immune" to it. My Doctor recently prescribed Sonesta and I love it. It is gentle and does not leave a hangover. I take it before I go to bed and it usually helps me right away.”

an_ordinary_chap · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2015

“I was prescribed this drug for insomnia. I never felt it kick in, so as an experiment I stayed up waiting to feel it. I never did. When I took it before bed I found waking and functioning the next morning rougher than the time I hadn't been on the medication. I stopped this medication because I felt worse taking it.”

Crazydayz79 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 14, 2017

“I have GAD and always had trouble sleeping, not so much falling asleep but I wake up about 10 times a night. I can't take any of the hypnotics or even benadryl because they make my anxiety worse. My Dr. Prescribed Zalepon over a year ago 10 mgs 2 times a night if needed and it worked wonders. It's been a long time since I have needed it but it seems to be when the seasons change & it gets dark early. This time around I have taken it now 3 times and it felt like it did the opposite and kept me awake all night. I thought it may be bc I ate late or bc I was expecting it to knock me out and I didn't feel a thing. Trying it again one more time on an empty stomach, hoping that will do the trick.”

The dude12 June 30, 2017

“I suffer from high anxiety and manic depression. I have had trouble getting to sleep for years and sometimes would go days without sleep causing insomnia on top of everything I deal with making me feel like I'm going nuts. After being up 3 days straight I broke down told my doctor I needed something to help me sleep and be gave me zaleplon. I thought sure why the hell not, worst thing that could happen is it doesn't work right? Turns out it not working was the worst thing that happened. Not only did the crap not work but I stayed up a 4th night waiting for it to make me tired. I might as well have taken nothing. At least with nothing you're not anticipating things that won't come. Man, benadryl works better than this. Waste of time and money”

Sleepless not in seattle · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2017

“5mg dose does nothing for me. This is the second occasion I've tried it and it's not working for me. I'll check with my doctor to see if I need a higher dose. I previously had 10mg of stilnoct a European brand. One of those and I was out ten mins later.”

Chris · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2021

“Works very well for me. It even helps me get in a good mood before going to sleep. I fall asleep fast, stay asleep all night, rest well, and waken some what refreshed having received good night's sleep. If I do wake during the night I find I am able to go right back to sleep with no issues.”

Once in a Blue Moon · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2021

“I saw the reviews, and though nah, it’ll do me good. HA! Y’all were right!! I’ve been on 5 different sleep aids plus over the counter stuff. Ambien quit working. Lunesta gave me a hangover. Seroquel sent me to ICU.(awful drug!) Remeron nope! Gabapentin no, but did help with nerve issues because of my neck. And now Zaleplon(Sonata). With the first 2 I slept through the night. The others, just couldn’t sleep. So on to this....well....got to sleep, but this I swear has an alarm clock saying “WAKE UP!””

Michael March 16, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon): “Sonata 10 mg best sleep med I've ever had.”

Sleepless in Atlanta · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon): “Sonataa Medicine does nothing for me. Tried 10mg as recommended. Upped it to 20mg, Nada. I never went sleep or felt sleepy.”

NF · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 16, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon): “Sonata doesn't seem to help me fall asleep. It does cause mild visual effects briefly, afterwards I toss and turn a lot. Sometimes the bed feels like it is being lifted and lowered.”

Michael · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon): “Sonata is the only sleeping pill that worked for me. No hangovers either.”

phlebo July 25, 2017

Sonata (zaleplon): “Mother passed away; had to quit my job after 19 yrs; had surgery on my left hand; had to be re-trained. Definitely had a hard time sleeping with all of that going on. Sonata was the answer for me!!!”

hscolnik November 26, 2011

Sonata (zaleplon): “Like Ambien, it's good for a solid four hours but then I wake up totally unable to go back to sleep without taking another dose. It's good if you only need help getting to sleep.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2012

Sonata (zaleplon): “I did not like it. I tried it for 2 weeks and always woke up at 2.30 am or 3.00am then I couldn't go back to sleep.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2017

Sonata (zaleplon): “This drug is garbage and should be taken off the market, doesn't work keeps you up all night when you have to work a 12hr shift the next day. Causes RLS, migraine, and insomnia”

Weesa · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon): “I have suffered from insomnia my whole life. My mom said I kept her awake before I was born. After taking Sonata I felt more awake than I didn’t take it.”

Sleepless in Seattle June 28, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon): “Have found this medication very helpful for insomnia. Fall asleep quickly with no side effects in the morning. Using 5mg dose.”

Bommkkkksjdnd March 26, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon): “These drugs are not needed in anyone's life .. Eat right ..exercise daily ...and get in a routine of doing something productive during ur day..”

Breagan December 11, 2017

Sonata (zaleplon): “Last night was my 1st night on Sonata 10 mg, I went right to sleep and didn't wake till morning. I love it”

Anonymous October 19, 2009

Sonata (zaleplon): “Nice to finally stay asleep”

GypsyJoey April 16, 2014

Sonata (zaleplon): “Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep”

Upallnite · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon): “5mg Sonata didn't do a thing. I think they're duds with little to no active ingredients.”

Learn more about Insomnia