User Reviews for Zaleplon to treat Insomnia (Page 5)

Also known as: Sonata

Zaleplon has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 118 ratings for the treatment of Insomnia. 42% of those users who reviewed Zaleplon reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Zaleplon Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Zaleplon

kamil June 29, 2019

“Absolutely useless. Does nothing. Literally nothing. If your doctor wants to prescribe you this rubbish, just ask them for anything else.”

Robalmer October 29, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon): “Sonata didn't phase me. I couldn't even tell I took it. Ambien was great, I'm switching back.”

Anonymous March 28, 2012

Sonata (zaleplon): “This medicine did not make me sleepy at all. It made sexual urges come to the forefront so much that it affected my normal behavior. ”

BatMegan · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2015

Sonata (zaleplon): “This knocked me out all day and didn't even help me sleep at night.”

Giffordw June 9, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon): “It did not help me sleep. Much less affective than Ambien.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 19, 2013

Sonata (zaleplon): “I love it!”

SyBiL1954 November 16, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon): “Started with 10mg, did not work, went to 20mg still wake up after 4 hours. Hate not sleeping. Hopefully going back to Ambien, even though I wake up and snack. At least I sleep.”

MichiH · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 20, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon): “Similar to Ambien but not as effective. I also experience RLS when taking Zaleplon Mg.”

Sleeplessinthecommonwealth December 9, 2015

Sonata (zaleplon): “Sonata is useless. Even when the dose is bumped up to 20 mgs. Skip this one and just go for the Ambien.”

TheGerm · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2016

Sonata (zaleplon): “Wide awake all night . Fail”

Tink July 29, 2018

“I took this medication on Friday July 27,2018 at 10pm did not wake up til 1am on Sunday July 29.2018. There is some thing wrong with this. You tell me if it is good. I don't think so.”

idahogirl November 24, 2011

“I love this medicine. I do wake up about 3 am but am not fining I can't fall back to sleep. I wake up feeling rested and not groggy at all. It has changed my life!”

DC · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2019

“Zaleplon 5 mg not only doesn't work to help me fall asleep, I toss and turn even longer trying to fall asleep after I've taken it.”

BJArias · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

“... using 10mg capsule ... not much effect on sleep ... especially staying asleep”

Anonymous January 12, 2018

“Had to take two 10mg and still no sleep for 3 days have been suffering with this 47years”

LALAREPLOGLE · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2018

“I've been taking 10 for a month. They get me to sleep for 2 hours then I'm up fall back asleep like every hour. If it's 5 I'll stay up til 7 take a 5 . Go back asleep for couple hrs.”

old relic · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2017

“My Doc prescribe this for me because of insomnia after 1 week I still can't sleep. I take 5mg. ”

Dollydimples August 5, 2016

“Never fell asleep. It was like taking an aspirin .”

BernK September 2, 2017

“The drug works for 3-5 hours for me. I only use it when I wake in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep. As a senior citizen, the 5 mg works well enough.”

Anna av August 17, 2017

“Sadly it doesn't worked at all.”

Rubberneck · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2017

“This helps me fall asleep. I'm not chemically drowsy upon waking.”

Heartless gum June 22, 2016

“This drug didn't work for me .it just made me stay awake and get no sleep.so I stop taking it.so at least I can get a couple hours of sleep when I fall asleep on My own”

Barbiegirl/ Barbieworld · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2016

“Lil groggy , but didnt sleep well,”

Piccolo Pete · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2017

“Does absolutely nothing. I might as well have taken nothing at all. Was taking Generic L”

Anonymous May 14, 2017

“For me Zaleplon does not work. I get less sleep when I take Zaleplon (5mg) than when I don't take it. It actually keeps me up all night. I will no longer Zaleplon.”

Learn more about Insomnia