User Reviews for Zaleplon

Also known as: Sonata

Learn more about Zaleplon.

Insomnia 66 reviews 107 medications

5.9
Summary of Zaleplon reviews 66 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Zaleplon

For Insomnia: "Does absolutely nothing. I might as well have taken nothing at all. Was taking Generic L"

Piccolo Pete (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "For me Zaleplon does not work. I get less sleep when I take Zaleplon (5mg) than when I don't take it. It actually keeps me up all night. I will no longer Zaleplon."

Anonymous May 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "I was taking this medication on and off for over a year. Although it did help me go back to sleep, I found myself going to the doctor more and more for constipation, stomach pain, muscle pains, anxiety and the worst one tingling all over my body. I went through all sorts of miserable medical tests, and everything came back normal. It finally occurred to me that maybe this medication was causing all of my misery, so I looked up the side-effects and sure enough they are all listed. I am in the process of weaning myself off of this medication and feel like absolute crap. I wish I had never started this medication! My recommendation is: get a sleep study, try "natural"(less addicting) sleep aides, or trazadone and therapy for stress."

Surf and Sand March 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Dr put me on 10mg. I have had major sleep problems for years and suffer migraines with aura. For days I don't sleep at all. 10mg did nothing for me. Bumped it to 20mg and while I don't feel sleepy I do eventually fall asleep if I lay there. Usually 3 or 4 am. Since I never sleep this was a good sign. Also I woke about 730am feeling great. Wide awake, not drowsy or tired. No headache which is also not my norm as I always wake up with a headache if I sleep. This has gone on for 14 days now. While its not perfect, I feel so good all day it's the best thing to happen to me in 7 years. I hope it continues."

SoTired40 (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Tried everything before, this really makes a difference for me. Taking with empty stomach works best, or at least a less greasy/fatty meal. Been struggling for 30+ years and finally something that actually helps."

Gypsycontradiction January 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I am taking a small dose of this and find it needs a "boost". It seems to work well with 5mgs of melatonin. I wake up feeling like I got a good night's sleep. I still wake up during the night to use bathroom but I go right back to sleep. I don't find it works well at my low dose without the melatonin. However, the melatonin does not work on its own so the combo seems just right for me."

Moniquele (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Started with 10mg, did not work, went to 20mg still wake up after 4 hours. Hate not sleeping. Hopefully going back to Ambien, even though I wake up and snack. At least I sleep."

SyBiL1954 November 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Started on 10mg for 1 week with little results. Woke up twice every night, seems like it took forever to get back to sleep. Doctor increased dose to 2 10mg per night-it's been a month now and I'm still waking up at least twice each night. I have tried taking both capsules around 9-9:30PM, or 1 at 9:30PM & the other around 11PM, same sleep interruptions. I decided to just get up at 4AM-when I'm awake the second time and stare at the TV or fix my husband's lunch. I'm still not feeling as if I'm getting a good night's sleep-find myself tired and grouchy during the day and early evening. Feeling very frustrated."

LadyIndyJones (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Sonata didn't phase me. I couldn't even tell I took it. Ambien was great, I'm switching back."

Robalmer October 29, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Wide awake all night . Fail"

TheGerm (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "To be honest, I don't know what I'd do if this drug didn't exist. Yeah, it's certainly got its risks, but if you've got sleep onset insomnia and the trazodone, antihistamines, and everything else you've tried has failed, don't be afraid to give Sonata a try. Even the smallest dose available helps me, which is kind of surprising, considering that doxylamine and hydroxyzine both crapped out after less than a month, trazodone barely did anything, and diphenhydramine always left me drowsy the next day and had a tendency to make me oversleep, not to mention that it takes 50 to 75mg combined with melatonin to do anything. Sonata works wonders for me. Just don't take it every night, since it can get less effective if you do."

Xelleld (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "I have had an erratic sleep schedule since the end of January of this year. I had been taking trazodone and it just wasn't working anymore. I talked to my Dr. She suggested Sonata. I was desperate for a good nights sleep. I took 1 last night. I believe it is a good idea to relax before you take it. I slept for 3 to 4 hours. But still felt the calming effect of it and went right back to bed. Not a full nights, but hey, it was better. I think if we sit and wait for a pill to kick it, it makes us tense. I'm going to continue on. I believe in a weeks time, I will have a pattern back. Don't give up so easily after 1 night. Give it a chance. "

Enter Sandman (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Never fell asleep. It was like taking an aspirin ."

Dollydimples August 5, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "This medicine doesn't last. I'm on my second night of it and it's 4 am and I'm wide awake. My legs are very restless. I have stomach cramps. I've tired Tranzodone in fact I was up to 200 mgs and still didn't feel it. Ambien made me hallucinate. I just want to sleep at night so I can have normal days with my kids."

TiredWidow July 30, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Have found this medication very helpful for insomnia. Fall asleep quickly with no side effects in the morning. Using 5mg dose."

Sleepless in Seattle June 28, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "This drug didn't work for me .it just made me stay awake and get no sleep.so I stop taking it.so at least I can get a couple hours of sleep when I fall asleep on My own"

Heartless gum June 22, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed me 10mg sonata for my insomnia. Sonata is great if you only want 3-4 hours of sleep on exam days because of its short duration and no drowsiness. However, if you want to get a full 7-8 hours of sleep it sucks being woken up in the middle of the night every time (~2-4am), unable to fall back asleep. Have to take a second dose to fall back asleep but takes a white to kick in since you're not drowsy when you woke up and you're writing this review awake in bed waiting for sleepiness to come..."

Panda problems June 19, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "It did not help me sleep. Much less affective than Ambien."

Giffordw June 9, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "I am bi/polar and awaken many times around 2 or 3 am with racing thoughts. This makes it impossible for me to go back to sleep and I am exhausted because of it. My Dr. had me try the Sonata and with taking it at these times I can get another 3 to 4 hours of sleep and awaken feeling very rested. I usually fall back to sleep within 15 minutes after taking it. Love it on those rough nights."

Auntiem90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Lil groggy , but didnt sleep well,"

Barbiegirl/ Barbieworld (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "It is for the person who cannot turn off their racing thoughts at night long enough to fall asleep or the person once asleep stays asleep. You need to take it on an empty stomach or at least after merely a light non fatty meal for dinner. If you eat mcdonalds the night of or something like that forget about it, you can take five of them and still not fall asleep. So if prescribed it and falling asleep is your main issue or you use it only when you need sleep for a big event next day eat light that evening or just eat big lunch then take on empty or near empty stomach. Only has about a two hour life and zero half life so take your butt to bed once it kicks in"

thomas98 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I was first prescribed it in a psych ward as a PRN. I take a cocktail of sedative drugs through the day and at night including: 90mg Phenobarbital, 15mg Zyprexa, 2mg Klonopin, and 200mg Vimpat all at night. I still have had major trouble sleeping. I got put on 10mg Sonata and the first night it didn't work. The second night I laid down and tried to sleep on my own, after about two hours of no sleep I took the sonata and within 15 minutes I was asleep and slept all through the night till I was woke up for breakfast at 8:00 am, oh and I laid down at 9:00 pm and took the sonata at about 11:00 pm. It works wonderfully for me but I think it has its own effects to each individual user and the meds they are on too. I love it"

jadedjus (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "These drugs are not needed in anyone's life .. Eat right ..exercise daily ...and get in a routine of doing something productive during ur day.."

Bommkkkksjdnd March 26, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "This is by far the worst pill prescribed for sleep! !! I felt anxious irritable. ..heart was racing headache and my blood pressure increased along with abdominal discomfort and muscle pain. And if I I do fall asleep it's for an hour or so and I'm up for another hour and find it very hard to fall back to sleep . Never again !! this pill is not for me!!!"

Very disappointing (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "What a waste of a drug. Took this and it did nothing for me. Barely relaxed me. Maybe for some reason I got a defective pill. Only took one night, don't think I will be trying it again."

sleepy116 January 29, 2016