User Reviews for Zaleplon

Also known as: Sonata

Insomnia 5.2

Reviews for Zaleplon

JT · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2020

For Insomnia: “I’ve suffered from insomnia most of my life. I’ve taken Ambien which worked so well but I started waking up in the night. Doc switched me over to Lunesta which worked great for the past 5 years but has stopped being effective. Doc prescribed Belsomra but insurance wouldn’t cover it so trying Sonata 10 mg. It doesn’t work for me at all. I feel like I have a hangover with a headache and I’m still up all night. Dissatisfied”

Matvei · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2020

For Insomnia: “I've been struggling with 3 AM racing heart wake-ups that make it hard to go back to sleep, and hoped this would be just the drug: short half life, quick onset, seemingly low dose. Unfortunately I got almost no benefit and plenty of side effects. I do get a little sleepier after I take this, but I don't sleep any more (~1-2 hours) than I do just trying to get back to sleep on my own and I feel MUCH worse the next day: anxious, cognitively useless, and more tired than I am after my normal insomnia. The cognitive effects are mild but a little alarming: I make so many sloppy mistakes, can't recall words, forget chores I walked in a room to do (absent-mindedness, not dementia), can't keep things in mind, etc. Haven't suffered these downsides on any other sleep meds and see no upside to this one, so I won't take it again.”

Tanya · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “Have had trouble with insomnia off and on for 20 years. Bi-polar depressive. Started with Valium and overdosed. Used lunesta successfully but temporarily. Used trazodone but it made me throw up. Used ambien but experienced severe amnesia and weirdness. Used Xanax and overdosed. Now using Sonata and it’s marvelous but doctor will only let me use it for a little while. I take one at bedtime then wake up at 1:00 or so and take another. Wake up at 7:00. No grogginess.”

Robert · Taken for 10 years or more March 22, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “I have taken Sonata for 15 plus years. It has been a miracle drug for me. I have no trouble falling asleep, but wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. But with Sonata, I am out within 15 minutes, and wake up with no hangover. I do not know what I would do without it.”

Michael · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “Sonata is the only sleeping pill that worked for me. No hangovers either.”

Michael March 16, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “Sonata 10 mg best sleep med I've ever had.”

BJArias · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Insomnia: “... using 10mg capsule ... not much effect on sleep ... especially staying asleep”

Echo · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “I have tried numerous sleeping pills and it's difficult to find what's right for me because of the way it reacts. 2 previously were Ambien which only worked for 2 weeks before it would just give me jittery energy, I took lunesta for around 4 months, I kept getting a tolerance to it. Anyway I like lunesta the best but I need something else to get my tolerance down for a month. I tried sonata and it does not make me sleepy. I feel kind of a high, I suppose, for a short time and then this hangoverish feeling before i can go to bed. It doesn't really work unless I'm asleep. Big downfall though is the longer I sleep on it the more tired it makes me. I can not really feel it for almost half a night and then it's super difficult to get out of bed in the morning.”

Susana Santa · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 29, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “A major stroke messed my sleeping patterns. I can go without sleep for a week. I can be dead tired but I will not fall asleep. The doctor first had me in Ambien, nothing then Lunesta which worked great until the government insurance refused to cover it. I have issues both falling asleep and staying asleep. To complicate matters I take Adderall too. The nurse practitioner told me to take the pill after dinner. I was taking it at 9 PM, I even opened it and put it in apple sauce so it could be easily digested, it is not working. I end up falling asleep at 2 am. Then I can't get up. It is a nightmare.”

Jazzy · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “I was previously on Lunesta, didn’t work, Trazodone, made things worse, and Ambien 10mg which was the best, but my body got too used to it. I was prescribed 5mg of Sonata and instructed to take 1-2 a night as needed. I ended up taking them first night and it was basically like popping tic tacs. I didn’t even yawn. Worst medicine EVER!”

Sleepless in Atlanta · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “Sonataa Medicine does nothing for me. Tried 10mg as recommended. Upped it to 20mg, Nada. I never went sleep or felt sleepy.”

Zol October 21, 2019

For Insomnia: “zaleplon did not work as well as ambien/zolpidem. I take 2-3 mg zolpidem when I wake up which is 4 hours after I fall asleep initially. Sometimes I don't take it and then just stay awake for 3- 4 hours til I can fall asleep again. I stop completely for weeks at a time, it causes rebound insomnia but I always want this drug to work so I stop so my tolerance doesn't build up. It's been 8 years, it still works to put me back to sleep in about 20 min. There's a window, you have to stop reading or whatever you're doing at the first tinge of tiredness or you can miss it and then it won't work. I am worried about the dementia issue, I'm 69 yrs old, but I think lack of sleep can cause that & I have never used benzos or allergy meds and have no health probs or other meds, so while I know there's a danger, I still use it. 2.5 mgs and I'm back to sleep for another 3-4 hrs. ”

dois · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2019

For Insomnia: “I've had Ambien - drowsy after, and sometimes ended up getting out of bed and doing weird stuff without intending to, and abbreviated memory of it. benzos - prob had too much of this for sleep, so anxiety is more permanent now. trazodone - worked with diminishing affect. I didn't wake up to fire alarms once. Euphoria for 1.5 weeks which went away. It doesn't work as well now, take it very rarely. I know tons of people who are absolutely dependent on this drug. It's meh. Side effects are night sweats, increased libido, and somehow made soda taste like the best thing I've ever had (I don't drink soda much). Sonata - doc recommended I take it when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. I take 10 mg. I don't FEEL sedated, I just end up falling back asleep for about 2-4 more hours, getting the desired result. I NEVER take it to initiate sleep, but rather to go back to sleep. I take it 2-3 x monthly. no drowsiness, no hangover.”

Cookie · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 22, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “I have been taking Sonata since 2017 and its done wonders for my insomnia, which was really bad. I tried several before the Doctor subscribed Sonata. I take one every night and I will be asleep within and hour, I don't feel bad in the morning”

NF · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 16, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “Sonata doesn't seem to help me fall asleep. It does cause mild visual effects briefly, afterwards I toss and turn a lot. Sometimes the bed feels like it is being lifted and lowered.”

Wizbang · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

For Insomnia: “Using the recommended dose, I awoke in the city jail, after wrapping my Jeep around a pole, totalling it. I had ZERO recollection of the events, and left the house in my boxers and no shoes. VERY fortunate to have survived, and to not have hurt anyone else. Police report said I had no clue where I was or where I was going, despite being 6 blocks from home. Jeep was totalled. Will NEVER EVER EVER take any sleeping pill of any kind, EVER. I'd rather spend my days exhausted.”

DC · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2019

For Insomnia: “Zaleplon 5 mg not only doesn't work to help me fall asleep, I toss and turn even longer trying to fall asleep after I've taken it.”

kamil June 29, 2019

For Insomnia: “Absolutely useless. Does nothing. Literally nothing. If your doctor wants to prescribe you this rubbish, just ask them for anything else.”

Amelia · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 20, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “I am not sure why doctors don't tell their patients, when they prescribe Sonata, that it should be taken on an empty stomach. My doctor didn't even know. If it's not working for you and you've been eating within 2 hours of taking it try it again at least 2 hours after eating. Also it is short acting so it's great for those having trouble falling asleep. Because it's short acting though you can take it in the middle of the night and it's works quick and you can wake up without feeling groggy. Ambien kept me up all night, I took lunesta for years and it was very helpful but now I just want to make sure I have no lingering drowsy side effects. Make sure and take it in bed, ready to sleep, otherwise you will just feel loopy and miss the sleep window.”

Upallnite · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “5mg Sonata didn't do a thing. I think they're duds with little to no active ingredients.”

Bella · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “I’ve had insomnia for around 16 years. Doctor tried me on multiple medications because nothing seemed to work. Ambien worked the most, but I began to build a tolerance too it so I was given Belsomra samples to try. Best medicine ever. Quickly fell asleep and stayed asleep and not groggy the next day. Went to fill the Belsomra prescription and insurance wouldn’t cover it because it’s a new drug without generics. Cost was approximately $500 for one month. Doctor said we could get prescription covered if we now tried two more medicines and if they didn’t work the insurance would approve the Belsomra. So we gave Sonata a go and it might as well be a placebo. Only get about 2-3 hours of restless sleep a night. Everyone has different reactions, but for me it didn’t do a thing.”

Blessedw92018 February 12, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have severe sleep apnea and trouble falling asleep and was given Zaleplon 10mg take one to two 30min before bed. I took the first one and it made me feel a tad sleepy within a few minutes but an hour later I was wide awake as though I hadn't taken anything. I decided to take the 2nd one to try and rest. Well it definitely helped and kept me asleep but now awake for the day and I feel super nauseous from this and my head feels funny and I feel like my breathing is slower. I just feel bad all over. Not sure if this is something I wanna continue”

GW · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “I experienced no effects from 50mg of Sonata. My doctor switched me to Trazodone 50mg; which has had no effect, as well. I sleep for 3-5 hours a night and wake up 4-10 times during those hours. (yes, I've tried no sound, no light, no screen time, no exercise or food just before bed, etc.)”

Mandie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2019

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: “I tried this for awhile. Yes, it helped me sleep good. But...I was so sick. Anxious feeling, muscular pain, high blood pressure, terrible headaches. Plain misery! I should have realized it sooner but wasn't until I stopped it that those illnesses went away. Never again will I take that medication. I'm back to doxylamine succinate and I feel normal again!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2018

For Insomnia: “My doctor originally prescribed Silenor as a sleep aid: I took it maybe three times - and even after cutting the tabs in half, I was a Zombie the next day until noon. His prescription of Zalephon is right on. I was asleep within 30 minutes, but awoke normally the next day. I will only use this as needed.”