User Reviews for Zaleplon

Also known as: Sonata

Learn more about Zaleplon.

Insomnia 77 reviews 106 medications

5.7
Summary of Zaleplon reviews 77 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Zaleplon

For Insomnia: "My Doc prescribe this for me because of insomnia after 1 week I still can't sleep. I take 5mg. "

old relic (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "I have no problem going to sleep (9 or 10). I'll will quite frequently wake up at 1:00am or 2:00am and cannot get back to sleep. When this happens I take 10mg and I will quickly go back to sleep until 4:30am or 5:00am which is the time I get up. If I get 6 to 7 hour of total sleep without waking up I won't take the Sonata ."

2 o'clock Titus (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "It made my blood pressure spike (190/119). This was in the late morning, early afternoon after taking, so I have to assume it was when the CNS suppressive effect was wearing off. My doctor (a psychiatrist) was not interested in discussing the possible reasons for this. I had pounding in my head and pressure against my left eyeball."

Ditty218 September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "The drug works for 3-5 hours for me. I only use it when I wake in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep. As a senior citizen, the 5 mg works well enough."

BernK September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Sadly it doesn't worked at all."

Anna av August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Sonata for the most part is great. I've had insomnia for years now and nothing seemed to phase me. I'm taking two 10mg and while it does work, I have those night where it doesn't do anything. Can't even tell I took it. I usually take it around 10pm. I've noticed if I have any food in my stomach it doesn't work or doesn't work as well. If I take it on an empty stomach it works great. With my schedule I sometimes can't eat until around 8:30-9:00 pm so on those nights I usually don't even take it because I know it won't work. Also, sometimes I wake up after about 4-5 hours of sleep and can't go back to sleep. Then some nights I sleep all night. Not sure if it's just me but it seems like sonata is very finicky."

Sw33t_P August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "This drug is garbage and should be taken off the market, doesn't work keeps you up all night when you have to work a 12hr shift the next day. Causes RLS, migraine, and insomnia"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Mother passed away; had to quit my job after 19 yrs; had surgery on my left hand; had to be re-trained. Definitely had a hard time sleeping with all of that going on. Sonata was the answer for me!!!"

phlebo July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have found Sonata to be highly effective. I take 10mg when I get in bed and have relaxed a bit. I sleep 7-9 hours without waking up in the middle of the night. No grogginess in the morning. I have Major Depressive Disorder plus GAD, so sleep is very important in managing the disease -- and I get that sleep with Sonata. I took Ambien for a year or so but stopped when I washed dishes and cleaned my kitchen without remembering (sleepwalking, etc. are side effects of Ambien.) Weaning off the Ambien was a horrific experience -- I had rebound insomnia and didn't sleep for 3 days. Anyway, I highly recommend Sonata."

CaliGirlStuckinTX (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "5mg dose does nothing for me. This is the second occasion I've tried it and it's not working for me. I'll check with my doctor to see if I need a higher dose. I previously had 10mg of stilnoct a European brand. One of those and I was out ten mins later."

Sleepless not in seattle (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I suffer from high anxiety and manic depression. I have had trouble getting to sleep for years and sometimes would go days without sleep causing insomnia on top of everything I deal with making me feel like I'm going nuts. After being up 3 days straight I broke down told my doctor I needed something to help me sleep and be gave me zaleplon. I thought sure why the hell not, worst thing that could happen is it doesn't work right? Turns out it not working was the worst thing that happened. Not only did the crap not work but I stayed up a 4th night waiting for it to make me tired. I might as well have taken nothing. At least with nothing you're not anticipating things that won't come. Man, benadryl works better than this. Waste of time and money"

The dude12 June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Does absolutely nothing. I might as well have taken nothing at all. Was taking Generic L"

Piccolo Pete (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "For me Zaleplon does not work. I get less sleep when I take Zaleplon (5mg) than when I don't take it. It actually keeps me up all night. I will no longer Zaleplon."

Anonymous May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "I was taking this medication on and off for over a year. Although it did help me go back to sleep, I found myself going to the doctor more and more for constipation, stomach pain, muscle pains, anxiety and the worst one tingling all over my body. I went through all sorts of miserable medical tests, and everything came back normal. It finally occurred to me that maybe this medication was causing all of my misery, so I looked up the side-effects and sure enough they are all listed. I am in the process of weaning myself off of this medication and feel like absolute crap. I wish I had never started this medication! My recommendation is: get a sleep study, try "natural"(less addicting) sleep aides, or trazadone and therapy for stress."

Surf and Sand March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Dr put me on 10mg. I have had major sleep problems for years and suffer migraines with aura. For days I don't sleep at all. 10mg did nothing for me. Bumped it to 20mg and while I don't feel sleepy I do eventually fall asleep if I lay there. Usually 3 or 4 am. Since I never sleep this was a good sign. Also I woke about 730am feeling great. Wide awake, not drowsy or tired. No headache which is also not my norm as I always wake up with a headache if I sleep. This has gone on for 14 days now. While its not perfect, I feel so good all day it's the best thing to happen to me in 7 years. I hope it continues."

SoTired40 (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Tried everything before, this really makes a difference for me. Taking with empty stomach works best, or at least a less greasy/fatty meal. Been struggling for 30+ years and finally something that actually helps."

Gypsycontradiction January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am taking a small dose of this and find it needs a "boost". It seems to work well with 5mgs of melatonin. I wake up feeling like I got a good night's sleep. I still wake up during the night to use bathroom but I go right back to sleep. I don't find it works well at my low dose without the melatonin. However, the melatonin does not work on its own so the combo seems just right for me."

Moniquele (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Started with 10mg, did not work, went to 20mg still wake up after 4 hours. Hate not sleeping. Hopefully going back to Ambien, even though I wake up and snack. At least I sleep."

SyBiL1954 November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Started on 10mg for 1 week with little results. Woke up twice every night, seems like it took forever to get back to sleep. Doctor increased dose to 2 10mg per night-it's been a month now and I'm still waking up at least twice each night. I have tried taking both capsules around 9-9:30PM, or 1 at 9:30PM & the other around 11PM, same sleep interruptions. I decided to just get up at 4AM-when I'm awake the second time and stare at the TV or fix my husband's lunch. I'm still not feeling as if I'm getting a good night's sleep-find myself tired and grouchy during the day and early evening. Feeling very frustrated."

LadyIndyJones (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Sonata didn't phase me. I couldn't even tell I took it. Ambien was great, I'm switching back."

Robalmer October 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "Wide awake all night . Fail"

TheGerm (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "To be honest, I don't know what I'd do if this drug didn't exist. Yeah, it's certainly got its risks, but if you've got sleep onset insomnia and the trazodone, antihistamines, and everything else you've tried has failed, don't be afraid to give Sonata a try. Even the smallest dose available helps me, which is kind of surprising, considering that doxylamine and hydroxyzine both crapped out after less than a month, trazodone barely did anything, and diphenhydramine always left me drowsy the next day and had a tendency to make me oversleep, not to mention that it takes 50 to 75mg combined with melatonin to do anything. Sonata works wonders for me. Just don't take it every night, since it can get less effective if you do."

Xelleld (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "I have had an erratic sleep schedule since the end of January of this year. I had been taking trazodone and it just wasn't working anymore. I talked to my Dr. She suggested Sonata. I was desperate for a good nights sleep. I took 1 last night. I believe it is a good idea to relax before you take it. I slept for 3 to 4 hours. But still felt the calming effect of it and went right back to bed. Not a full nights, but hey, it was better. I think if we sit and wait for a pill to kick it, it makes us tense. I'm going to continue on. I believe in a weeks time, I will have a pattern back. Don't give up so easily after 1 night. Give it a chance. "

Enter Sandman (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Never fell asleep. It was like taking an aspirin ."

Dollydimples August 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sonata (zaleplon) for Insomnia: "This medicine doesn't last. I'm on my second night of it and it's 4 am and I'm wide awake. My legs are very restless. I have stomach cramps. I've tired Tranzodone in fact I was up to 200 mgs and still didn't feel it. Ambien made me hallucinate. I just want to sleep at night so I can have normal days with my kids."

TiredWidow July 30, 2016