User Reviews for Quetiapine

1 review 7 medications
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 7.3 1,417 reviews

Reviews for Quetiapine

Les · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 19, 2019

For Depression: "I've been on seroquel for several years I swear by it for depression and bipolar. It's very important to see a psychiatrist every 3 months. Once you're on the right dosage you will see big changes."

Sharon · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 19, 2019

For Insomnia: "I've been taking 12.5 to 25 mg quite frequently for insomnia I've had for decades. It works like a charm. No weight gain, etc. I am groggy when I wake up, but coffee takes care of it. I hope it works this well the rest of my life."

Dana · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2019

For Insomnia: "I’ve struggled with severe insomnia for all my adult life. Had a severe 14 year benzo addiction which I kicked 20 years ago. Since then I’ve tried everything out there that’s not a benzo. Lunesta ambien etc. nothing worked. Quetiapine has been a miracle for me and my insomnia!!! I’ve been taking this for two months now and I can’t believe I finally found something that works that’s not addictive. I started at 50mg which helped. But my Dr. upped it to 100mg and bingo!!! I highly recommend this to anyone who has struggled with insomnia for years like I have!!!"

Juliejames · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was prescribed Seroquel 50 mg XR, one pill at bedtime to augment my antidepressant. I only took it for three nights in a row. The anxiety was unbearable after taking the medication. I slept throughout the days and forgot appointments, forgot to take other medication, forgot to eat. The only moments I could keep my eyes open I was in panic. Horrible drug."

Bassy · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

For Insomnia: "Gets you off to sleep but horrendous dreams and on 50mg still woke up at 4 and panicky and anxious. Don't like it."

ken in colorado · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2019

For Insomnia: "I've had severe insomnia for dozens of years and have tried everything including CBT-Insomnia treatment, good sleep hygiene, and a stack of meds (about 20 over time, including insomnia and off-label uses). The seroquel has been a lifesaver (I am 71 and have a number of medical issues, not depression or psychosis). In the three months I have taken it, I have slept throughout the nite (except to get up to pee a few times a night) EVERY night. I'm taking 100 mg at bedtime and sometimes have to take a 25mg dose if I wake up and can't fall asleep in 20 min. No more brain fog and I have gained one or two pounds but I think that may be more from alcohol consumption."

Cck · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 18, 2019

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Whilst on Seroquel XR my habits escape mechanisms related to BPD were improved these related to gambling and alcoholism and reckless behaviour. The side effects in my case were severe and included increased appetite, weight gain, tachycardia, and feeling like a zombie. I found myself questioning why I needed this drug?"

Dizzyshell July 17, 2019

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Already wrote my comment but it's not up . It is 10 years since I was prescribed quetiapine for anxiety then 8 years into it I was diagnosed BPD . I came off quetiapine 4 months ago and I was a wreck that's when I realised how good this medicine actually is . I'm now back on the quetiapine and well no more crying and being embarrassed to look out my windows . I had been mentally locked up since I stopped quetiapine now I'm free again . Quetiapine is amazing and amazing for our borderline personality disorder ."

Dizzyshell · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 16, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been taking quetiapine for 10 years. 10 years ago I didn't notice any difference, only physically these tablets gave me a stomach ulcer over night, but mentally I never noticed a difference. Back in March 2019 I stopped using quetiapine and for 3 months I was a wreck I can't describe how I was . After trying 3 months off quetiapine I ended up so scared and paranoid I was convinced a neighbour was plotting to take me down. Anyway I chose to go back on quetiapine and the difference in only 48 hours was so shocking . I now know this drug a miracle for me it's just a shame it upset my stomach to the point I can no longer smoke cigs or vape. My dose is 600mg for borderline personality disorder and anxiety disorders."

FormerNoneSleeper · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

For Insomnia: "Between a low dose of Seroquel and my Dodow sleep Device, I sleep throughout the night now. And fall asleep quickly. I haven't had any side effects, I've been on it 3 months. Just restful nights."

Green bottle July 11, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have already shared my opinion regarding its use for schizophrenia. This time it is for anxiety. Unfortunately, even with 600 mg quetiapine in the evening, my anxiety disappears for only about 30 minutes. Luckily I have been prescribed xanax to take daily."

Dave · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 10, 2019

For Insomnia: "Very scary drug. At first it was good and helped with my sleep. Been taking 25mg-100mg at bed time for the past 7 months. Definitely puts you to sleep; however, you’ll get some insane and crazy nightmares from this stuff. Very hard to get out of bed in the morning. Literally no energy and feeling like a zombie. My eyes are always blood shot and I honestly feel like a zombie. I try to not take this med when I don’t have to as much as possible. Good for anxious nights where you can’t fall asleep. But definitely not worth the nights mares and morning after. Honestly I would stay away. This drug is crazy and shouldn’t be prescribed for insomnia."

WENDY · Taken for 10 years or more July 9, 2019

For Insomnia: "I take 400mg and it works great for insomnia, the only setback is dry mouth and weight gain. Apart from that I love it."

Starjake · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 8, 2019

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking seroquel for over 10 years. By far the best stabilizer for me. Previously I had tried several meds. At first my dosage was low, but kept climbing. Dosage went to 800 mgs. I changed my psych doc and she slowly walked me down to 400 mgs. We even went down to 200 mgs. But that was too low. I'm now at a happy medium. I do take lithium as well and zoloft. I have been diagnosed bipolar for 25 yrs, so you can imagine the med changes in the past."

MB · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 7, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Best drug/antidepressant I've taken for my generalized anxiety. Originally starting taking 12.5mg a couple years ago for insomnia. Now I take 25mg in the morning and 25mg in the evening. Took about 5 days to have a noticeable effect on my anxiety. My compulsive worrying now feels controllable and I feel much calmer. The only antidepressant I've taken without experiencing major side effects, other than some grogginess at first. I came off it for 3 months without withdrawal symptoms after a year, so don't be afraid to try it! I'm 21."

K · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 6, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking this drug, quetiapine, for almost 3 years. Year 1 I had no side effects except weight gain and grogginess and switched to olanzapine which has less side effects I was able to stay awake during the day now I’m back on quetiapine and I can’t sleep properly my stomach is permanently sore and I have trouble swallowing"

Missy · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 4, 2019

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel has made my life a really bad and made me gain 100 lbs"

Sleeping Well July 1, 2019

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Seroquel for sleep now for 14 years!! I am not big on taking this type of medication. However, when I first started on it. I was increasing the medication and got up to 100 mg. It was too much and the side effects were horrible. I can take 25 to 50 mg a night and be fine. I prefer to take least as possible. I have no side effects other than if you love the sun be extremely careful. I have had headstroke twice now and if you are on a higher dose it can be worse. The sun is your worst nightmare on this medication if you are out in high temperatures. This is my warning to you from experience. Good luck to you!"

Faye · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 28, 2019

For Insomnia: "I would not be able to sleep if it weren’t for seroquel. I don’t have anxiety or depression., etc. I do worry about side effects."

tarni7 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2019

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "While Seroquel did somewhat help me, for borderline personality disorder I feel it did not help enough and the side effects for me were horrible, so I had to go off it as I could not handle it anymore. I would increase it but then the weight gain I experienced from it got worse and I was even more tired than it already made me. I would fall asleep at work and if I took the higher dosage at night, I would not wake up at all and could sleep for 24 hours straight. Decided it wasn't worth it."

diner88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I suddenly became manic and would have been hospitalized if it weren't for this drug. They started me at a baby dose but with my emotions on fire they quickly upped the dose to 100mg. I'm 58 years old and following this crisis I was diagnosed with Bipolar II. I'm still agitated and angry during the day an having terrifying dreams due to PTSD. Everything that was buried inside me is now coming to the surface through therapy. They just raised the Seroquel to 300mg. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep. I've lost 5 lbs, when I gave up Trazodone and they put me on Abilify, my appetite was cut in half. I also take Lamotrigine 200mg and Elavil 20mg for migraines and fibromyalgia. To me, Seroquel is a wonder drug. Good luck!"

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2019

For Insomnia: "Horrible drug. Quetiapine has basically turned me into a disabled person. I’m in bed for about 18 hours a day. I have no motivation, interest or energy to do anything. This drug is not meant to be used as a sleeping aid and now I know why. Stay far far away from this drug."

Ken · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

Seroquel (quetiapine) for : "I have ADHD/ dysthymia for my entire life and have been clean & sober 33 year's. This seroquel 50mg nightly for 2 weeks stopped a 30 month sleepless period in which the clinic I'm with stopped prescribing my ambien after 5 years for no sane reason! My primary doctor is compassionate and listened to my symptoms. My psychiatrist prescribed clonidine, but its ineffective for my turbo- brain! I practice no food at night except bananas or sleep inducing food. I'm getting 6-7 hour's rest now for 14 days straight! I'm comfortable with the results of SEROQUEL 50mg!"

Donovan · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I had to take this in order to "fail" it for my insurance and try a more expensive drug (because the U.S. medical system is a horror show). I survived a week. From day 1, just the starting dose (25mg, which is nothing compared to the effective dose for Bipolar II) gave me: -Migraines that couldn't be reduced in severity by any means, nonstop, the entire week. -Hunger/thirst that felt "wrong" and didn't go away after eating/drinking water. -Jaw stiffness, separate from the migraines. -An upward spike in agitation and restlessness. -A similarly strong up-spike in dark thoughts after day four. -Cotton mouth/grogginess when I woke up every morning. This is a nightmare substance. If it works for you, great, but if you start feeling like I did, stop it"

Jac · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2019

For Depression: "I’ve never been a great sleeper but if I took an entire pill (100 mg) I could be out for over 12-15 hours. So I cut in half (50mg), 10-12 hours. Quarter of a tablet (25mg), 8-10 easily. So for that I’m grateful. I’m on pristiq for depression but which works well. However I’ve decided against taking even a quarter pill nightly as I’m noticing my depression is worsening and I’m crying constantly."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)