User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder

Major Depressive Disorder
5.6

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 7.3 1,115 reviews

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve been taking 25mg the past month and it made life worth living again. It stabilizes me so well. I can do things again without feeling empty. Granted I started taking it during a depressive state not mania so I don’t know how well it will work then. The doctor upped my dose to 50mg at night because it makes me drowsy and to fix my nightmare issue. Warning, it made my anxiety after taking a pill bad the first two weeks. After that it went away, I continue to take my dose at night. When I take it it doesn’t make me feel anything which is okay because I usually sleep but the next day is when I feel it’s stabilizing effects. One last warning I found that if I took the pill without eating or drinking anything the drowsiness is worse."

Spookybi December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Edited: I have been on this medication for about 2 weeks on 25mg. It has been a life saver, I finally get a full night sleep without waking up and when I do wake up in the morning I am rested and refreshed sometimes a bit groggy but doesn’t last long at all. I suffer insomnia due to anxiety and highly recommend this medication. I have also had zero side effects. Sleeping is my main priority as insomnia and anxiety has had a major impact on my life and being able to sleep has helped me improve overall. I have seen some reviews regarding side effects, hunger etc, I haven’t noticed a difference but I’m always hungry haha, I also exercise so weight gain isn’t a worry for me so I advise doing that if your hunger increases. Yes to seroquel!!!"

Kaysrose (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Took this for ONLY 3 DAYS and I'm already done with it. Gave it a 5 because if you need this for just insomnia, it's great! However (at least for me) this is not the med to help with a mental illness! Have severe anxiety and depression, and now I am displaying signs of bipolar. Doctor prescribed this in addition to my anti depressant to help with my cycling moods... all this does is knock you out cold. Sure, my mood has been more stable the past 2 days, but that's ONLY because I have felt like an emotionless zombie. Not worth it. Time for me to call the doc again and find something that won't just knock me out for 12+ hours at a time, no joke...."

Younameit (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "good for knocking me out, and mostly for keeping me asleep during stressful times: divorce, IRS Audit,etc"

MMHjkjkjlj December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have been on 25mg of Quetiapine for about a month and and half and I don't like it one bit, Although I do fall asleep about 30-90 min after taking it. I have had very real and very scary dreams that are almost nightmarish. I have gained some weight from it and I don't like that at all .I have tried so many other medicines and I didn't like them due to the fact of making me feel drunk. So now I have to talk to the dr and see what is going on, I don't like the nightmares they are so scary and I thought it was going good and then all the sudden they hit me like a ton of bricks I have woken up screaming at night because of this medicine."

bensmomma (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This stuff is terrible! I have been on it for a very long time and had a lot of side effects like weight gain but the worst one was the dry mouth. I would drink 4 bottles of water every night and eat hard candy and spend most of my time in the bathroom. I also wanted to eat everything in sight. My doctor finally took me off this stuff and I'm on another drug like it but without all the side effects. I'm also feeling a lot better mentally."

cat momma (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "Worsen my depression a lot. I cound not find a reason cause I have been on effexor from 1998 (20 years) And effexor works great. I took seroquel a 100 mg once a day for 3 weeks. Look out!"

Voice from Poland (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have bipolar 1 disorder and though I manage my condition with lithium, I have trouble getting to sleep at night which leads me to insomnia which ultimately leads to manic episodes. I take between 12.5-25 mg a night of the seroquel and it works within about 45 minutes or an hour. It puts me right to sleep. It's the only medication that has ever consistently worked on putting me to sleep. I feel a little bit groggy in the morning sometimes if I take 25 mg. Also it increases my appetite at night. I've probably put on a little bit of weight because of my snacking but it's so worth it to me."

Bipolar184 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I was prescribed Seroquel for PPDin early 2016 after having my 2nd child. I had a past history of severe post partum depression with my 1st birth and my 2nd birth was no different. I had the perfect storm for a mental breakdown. I had just had my baby 1 month early via emergency C-section after going into labor from a very close family member unexpectedly passing away. I had horrible symptoms...racing thoughts, no sleep, no appetite, increased heart rate, and worst of all, intrusive and disturbing thoughts. My psychiatrist, prescribed me 50mg of Seroquel to take only at night or as needed so I could sleep. Seroquel is the only medication that I have ever taken that can put me to sleep. Thank God for this medication!"

Aer661 December 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Made my mood a thousand times worse, only helps with putting me to sleep"

cmcmr December 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Prescribed 25mg quetiapine for my labile mood for 2 weeks, then dose upped to 50mg after the 2 weeks. Initially after the first week on 25mg I felt great - like a cloud lifted, then hypomania set in: initially I took advantage of the positive effects - blitzed the house, loads of crafts, focused at work. Then the reckless driving and spending began. Once started taking 50mg at night, stupor, tinnitus, muscle cramps in left leg, heart palpitations, dizziness, blurred vision, that horrible head fizz you get with some head meds; hypomania carried on - insomnia and racing mind, spent £2k in 2 weeks. Intense irritability and nausea. Last weekend was spent lying down and barking abusively at my poor partner. I made the executive decision to stop"

Nickisix December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Had insomnia for years, due to anxiety and mild panic attacks, also complicated by dystonic tremor in my neck, head constantly twitches, even when lying down. On a good night was getting 5 or 6 hours broken sleep. Tried several meds, nothing helped. Doctor suggested quetiapine, I was a bit reluctant as its such a strong drug but desperate enough to give a try. I'm finally sleeping through every night! Very constipated when I first started but came right after a few weeks. Also wake up feeling groggy but am fine once I'm up. No problems with weight gain. Using 25mg but thinking about cutting down to 12.5mg. Love being able to sleep!"

insomnianomore (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "First time I was prescribed quetiapine, when I was going through a really bad period (life problems, depression), it did not help me a thing. Was put on sleeping meds to get through the toughest time. My doc returned me on it now much later when I started having problems to sleep a normal night, instead it was like 2-3-4 hours. Now the dose is 100-200, it ensures I can sleep 8-10 hours and return to sleep if woken up."

Andilv December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was on 50mg of seroquel for about 12 weeks for bipolar disorder, and my doctor gave the impression that it would help with my anxiety. Well, it didn't... it just made me totally crash! I was originally splitting the dose up into halves, 25 in the morning, 25 at night. It was making me too sleepy during the day, and causing me to take unnecessary naps almost daily. Even when I took 12.5mg in the morning, and 37.5mg at night, it was still bad. Additionally, it caused a number of side effects, including drug induced parkinsons, restless legs that made it very difficult to sit still, and stiff jaw (especially when coming off of it). It gets a five because it did help with my depression."

Lil J1001 November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Very effective. I feel human again. Sometimes you don't realize how far gone you are until you're better. No side effects other than weight gain which can be managed with a proper diet. I feel 100%. I'm also on Lithium, buspar, lexapro, and the Seroquel is 200mg. Seroquel really feels like it made the difference or topped it off."

jesus' grandfather (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I’m 38 and have only just been prescribed Seroquel this year by a psychiatrist. I went to my doctor with lack of sleep, intrusive thoughts and general anxiety. The lack of sleep was constant and more often than not, I was running through scenarios that happened at work and blowing them of proportion. I have now settled on Seroquel Xl (24 hours) 50mg at night with another 50mg short acting at bed time. My sleep has improved massively and within half an hour of taking and any negative thoughts have gone. I’m free to get a good night’s sleep! Occasionally if I’m overthinking things during the day and stuck in a spiral of negative thoughts, I will take 25mg and this will really help. This drug has changed my life!"

Sweep1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have Bipolar 2 , depression, anxiety and so started taking seroquel in 2005. It has helped my racing thoughts, some of my nightmares, and fears, and it has helped me sleep. I gained a lot of weight on it. It has helped me to get better with my mental health issues. I think it's helped me have a better life. I'm grateful to all the people who made seroquel a medicine that's approved for people to use . Because it helps me feel a lot better. I take also citalopram for depressions. And Ativan for anxiety. I also take depakote."

Sarahcaramelcoffee1993 November 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I got this drug for my depression and anxiety. I'm taking 25mg in the night. It makes me sleepy in 30 to 90 minutes. I feel groogy in the morning. It makes me sleep good, dreams are vivid sometimes. Bed thing is that groggy feeling during the next day. No weight gain yet. But I'm using it only for a month now."

pauk21 (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "This has definitely helped with my impulsiveness and mood dysregulation. My life used to be uttermost chaos. In and out of hospitals, constantly in ER's for suicide attempts and self harm needing stitches.... This got me to the point where I can think clearly enough to actually start making changes in my life and deal with my emotions and behaviours."

It Doesn't Matter (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "By far the best sleep medication I've ever taken. I take 400-500 mg approximately 2 hours before bed. It's a very deep, restful sleep. I was very scared to take this because I've had bad reactions to a few other medications. I took Remeron for sleep, and that would give me a very strange head the next day. I remember I used to have a lot of false awakenings on that stuff. Trazodone was similar -- I used to feel utterly horrible the next day. Seroquel is good."

Sleepy Jim November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was taking 300 mg of Seroquel XR for 6 months. The best part was being able to get a good night’s sleep. I had only been getting 2-3 hrs rest each night. My mind would race and it was a struggle to stay in bed. I would get up and start cleaning. Additionally, I would spend hours creating plans to organize my life. I had not actually followed any of those plans and I was depressed. I took Latuda for a short period but it made my inability to sleep worse. That’s when I was switched to Seroquel. I loved the way it helped me feel normal. The bad - I gained 30 lbs in 6 months. I asked to be taken off and started taking Geodon. Once again I cannot sleep. I am going to ask to go back to Seroquel XR and focus on following a healthy diet."

Longhorn Grad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Was extremely sedative, resulting in me sleeping almost 12 hours a day for over a week. Stopped after two weeks"

Anonymous November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on 11 meds in 5 years. MDD re diagnosed as Biplar1 three years ago. Seroquel works for me. Started on 25 mg q.d. But after psychotic break out am up to 400mg. Plus 900mg Lithium. I think we’re getting close to right cocktail including Adderall and atavin when required. No weight gain but have had eating binges. Makes me sleepy but I’m ok by 10:00 am with sheer guts and. Coffee. I am thankful for these medicines."

Teruterubozu (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I had side effects beginning Seroquel which subsided after 6 weeks, I grew to appreciate this drug it did wonders for my racing thoughts, plus sleep. BUT now need to come off it after many years omg- even tapering its horrible, I'm off it now and I’m suffering withdrawals. So extreme lethargic, depressed, fluey, had 2 weeks of random vomiting plus still had nausea and can hardly look at food. I used to call Seroquel my friend and smile but now my light headed ness is back. I wish I had energy and could eat well. 2 weeks this could last or more. Just putting this out there, I was a fan and still am I guess of this drug, but coming off is hard. I hardly ever get side effects and have gone off quickly with some, but this - this is hard, this is"

Platypus Girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "This medication does make me feel drowsy but doesn't let me sleep. In fact it seems to promote Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) for me. Since it doesn't give me a good nights rest, I feel real groggy in the morning."

74256274 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017