User Reviews for Quetiapine

1 review 7 medications
Major Depressive Disorder

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 7.3 1,240 reviews

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I am diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety, and adult ADD. Was prescribed Seroquel to help with sleep. I have been on this medication for approx 4 months and I have seen a dramatic improvement in my sleep, my depression and my ADD. I wake and feel rested in the morning, I feel optimistic and in better mood and I have noticed my hyperactivity to have decreased tremendously. I truely believe this drug should be prescribed to people with ADD/ADHD. I have been prescribed Aderrall, Vyvanse for the ADD but would physically feel exhausted though they did help my compulsiveness and hyperactivity. Seroquel has worked wonders for me"

Manna (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This medicine gave me my life back, by actually controlling anxiety both physically and mentally. For me the only side effects have been weight gain and heart burn both of which I will gladly take for the freedom it has given me from my anxiety. No more panic, no more worry, no more racing thoughts and I can think clearly and logically again. It does not make me sleepy like my doctor said it might but instead just relaxes me enough that sleeping is possible once again. The night time need for snacking is kind of annoying but I'll take it and the freedom this medicine has given me over the crippling anxiety!"

MrTonyMan July 14, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on this drug twice. The first time I ended up overdosing but bear in mind, I was doing drugs while my body was still getting used to the medication and I was young and stupid. Second time round, absolutely no worries. Prescribed 50mg at night but I only take 25 now, somehow my tolerance decreased and 50 made me a zombie. This drug saved my life. It is the best medicine ever, and this is somebody who reacts badly to medication usually. I have been on it for 18 months continuously now for anxiety, insomnia and as a mood stabiliser. No side effects except a good night's sleep and hunger (which I need). Good luck with this medicine. I truly owe my life to it."

Bnewton18 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel helps me stabilize my mood swings and mania/depression with my bipolar 2. I can sleep through the night and my side effects are tolerable during the day. I do feel a bit sleepy during the day, but I would feel this way even without being on medication as I live a busy life. I don't like that I put on 10kg within 3 months, but I changed to a metabolism diet and now my weight is stable. I do also take an antidepressant to help with my major depression. Overall it helps me cope better and compared to other antipsychotics or mood stabilizers I experience less side effects."

LILY (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Depression: "I had severe, endogenous postpartum depression...melancholic in nature with insane amounts of agitation, anxiety and psychotic features. Quetiapine saved my life. When I first started I felt BAD...but after 4 weeks I adjusted and slowly went back to normal. I would not suggest this unless you are as severely ill as I was. But if you have that agitated restless depression this drug is a miracle. 150 mg is the sweet spot for me, extended release. Give it time and the side effects will lessen. Weaning off on the other hand? Its a god damn nightmare. I'm in the process of weaning and each step down is pretty uncomfortable so NEVER go off cold turkey."

Ripley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "50 mg helps neutralise a Borderline Personality Disorder, anxiety and paranoid episode. I find in this state it does not make me sleep, but rather calms me enough to not act in a rash, impulsive manner, and helps quieten my irrational thoughts."

cobweb July 2, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I loved that this helped me sleep. Put me to sleep and kept me under. It gave me a baseline between my ups and my lows that I never really had experienced before. I unfortunately was having a reaction to it, every night my entire body would buzz/shake. I'd wake up to that horrendous feeling and fall back under. Beside the reaction I really loved it. Too bad my body reacted like that."

Max (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I wanted to update my review for Seroquel in the use of treating my GAD. My former GP prescribed Seroquel XR 50mg for anxiety and I found that it made me a zombie - I felt completely disconnected and wanted to sleep all day long. However, my psychiatrist recommended using the regular version instead and prescribed Seroquel 50mg normal release. It has made such a difference in the way I feel! Granted, I do still have periods of fatigue, but nothing like the XR version. I'm able to function normally most of the time. It is a lifesaver!"

MissLeopard83 June 30, 2018

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I take 400mg Seroquel XR once at night and 100mg of Lamictal 2x a day and Ativan 1mg 2x PRN. I have found that Seroquel XR has been a life saver. The immediate release made me sleep walk and sleep eat and would wear off halfway through the night. The XR stays in my system longer and helps me fall asleep and stay asleep. Only downfall is if I don't set an alarm on the weekends I could easily sleep 12+ hours."

Chica (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 29, 2018

For Depression: "I was prescribed quetiapine medication by a Psychiatrist primarily for being in a delusional state from severe anxiety and lack of sleep. Looking back I realize that I was suffering depression. This was not my first time experiencing depression and had taken SSRI's and MAOI's in the past as well as zopiclone long term for sleep. Zopiclone helped for a while and then stopped working. Was a zombie on SSRI. I am now only taking 50mg of quetiapine before bed and sleep every night and wake up refreshed. Have experienced no depression since taking this drug since 2015. I am so glad that I finally found a treatment that works. Side effects are weight gain (exercise and watch diet) and elevated sugars so need to check blood twice a year."

revdisco June 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Male, late 30s, ~200 lbs Shift worker for 12+ years, had tried trazadone, zopoclone and sublinox/zolpidem. The latter I had the most success BY FAR with, and used it for the better part of 5 years. Gotten to the point that I couldn't stay asleep for more than 3-4 hours no matter the dosage, always felt very groggy. Been taking quetiapine for 9 months now, complete 180, (also no longer shift worker) I sometimes sleep through the entire night, and when I do wake up, I'm able to fall back asleep. It's amazing, now when I do have an off night it's so much more noticeable as it's no longer the norm. Searching around as I've heard that are some negative long term side effects, I've experienced none of them. Typically take 25mg, very seldom I'll take another half pill, and if I'm already tired or have had a few drinks I only take half of a pill. Find I need to be in bed around 9 hours or so to feel really good. Wish the pill was easier to cut or came in a smaller dosage."

Pete (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 28, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Suffered severe panic attacks and general anxiety on and off for months. Life was horrible to say the least. Tried increasing my antidepressant dose (cipramil), but no effect. Doctor suggested Seroquel XR, 50mg each night. Worked well but was still getting anxious spells. I increased to 75mg, and have had a week without panic. I'm able to work, enjoy things and feel more optimistic about the future. I feel a bit tired an fatigued, but I have recently been diagnosed with anemia, so I think this plays a huge role. Other than that: no side effects. Love this drug!!!!"

Kristina W June 25, 2018

For Depression: "I have had depression on and off for the last 30 years of my life. I have been on many different types of antidepressant but it never working well and I got all sorts of side effects like anxiety and jittery feeling in the body. My depression gets worse when I don’t get enough sleep or can’t fall asleep for a few days. Three years ago, my doctor prescribe Seroquel medication to me and it really help me. I started with 50 mg and now I am taking 150mg. 50mg of the XD and 100mg of the regular release for the last few months. This combination helps me fall asleep and go back to sleep when I wake up. This has no side effects on me besides feeling great in the morning."

Angela (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2018

For Depression: "I was given seroquel 25mg that I halved for a mood stabilizer. I'm also on mirtazipine 15mg. I have high blood pressure too. This med at even the low dose gave me heart palpitations, ringing in my ears and a panic attack! I'm very sensitive to medication but don't recommend this to anyone else who is using it for a mood stabilizer"

nextneg (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel and I have a love hate relationship. When I first started taking it, I was in a hospital, my psychiatrist prescribed it. I had super vivid dreams.. but he insisted I stay on it and they’d go away. He was right, they did. Seroquel works great to calm your mind when you start receiving the correct dosage. However I’m sleepy all the time! It’s definitely a drug that I don’t want to be on very long. I’ve gained about 20lbs since being put on it, 7 months ago. "

UpperSM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 19, 2018

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "After being hospitalized twice for suicidal ideation, my psychiatrist decided to put me on Effexor and 150mg of seroquel. I was in the hospital while I started the medication, but at the beginning all I could do was sleep for a few days or so. I wasn’t affected by that too much because I was inpatient, but I read some others mentioning this and I can imagine it would definitely get in the way of trying to go about your everyday. Also my mouth was so dry and I lost my appetite (among other symptoms that I don’t really remember). Those symptoms, while very debilitating, subsided within a few weeks though and now I’m much better and I honestly rarely if ever feel depressed any more! I was very reluctant to go on medication but it’s kept me alive so I guess I can’t really hate it that much. This drug, while causing a lot of problems in the beginning, turned out to be a life saver (literally)."

mik (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 17, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I was diagnosed with Bi Polar 9 years ago and have been taking 100 mg every night for the 9 years and it has been very positive and life changing. Before being diagnosed I had been drinking at least 4 nights a week. I would stay out those nights until there was no more alcohol to be found ! The booze almost cost me my marriage and family. From the first night of taking the medication I quit drinking and maybe have had 6 beer in 8 years. It has helped me to sleep and have had no side effects. It’s a life saver a family saver and I believe it has saved my life. I now depend on it. There have been times when I have run out, I can not sleep at all not a wink. Again it has changed my life very positively. Wish the diagnosis would have been at a young age . I am 60 years old now and the last 9 years have been better"

Truc June 16, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Of all the meds I’ve taken for my bipolar Seroquel is the best with the least side effects. I’ve been on Abilify, Depacote, and another one can’t remember the name. Horrible side effects...severe blurred vision, rash, panic attacks, restless legs, insomnia, gastritis, blood in stools and more. Seroquel is working for me and for that I’m very grateful."

Tootie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Literally garbage. Did not help moods. Slept 12 hours at night and still needed 2-6+ hours of naps in day. No control over when to sleep. Lots of weight gain."

Rabbit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "So doctor prescribed me 25mg of Quetiapine for insomnia, I had to take it before bed. First few days it worked amazing, felt kinda "high". After 5 days it started to work differently: 15mins after taking this drug I was getting panic attacks, strong anxiety. Would recommend using this for 1-3 days, definitely not more, cause tolerance build up so fast."

Lithuania (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "The Cons: higher appetite, weight gain, diabetes, cognitive dulling. The Pros: I take 800/day all at night and once a quarter I accidentally double dose and feel perfect after that. I just slept for 24 hrs during a stay-cation and wow do I feel good and sharp. So my employer is aware of my condition and we structure my workload, such that I do serious creative computer programming in the afternoon after the "dulling" wears off. My advice is to take it all at 8pm and get in bed at 8:30 - 9:00. Then you will be able to do normal work at 9am and complex work after noon. Diet and exercise are key, because you have to manage the diabetes that comes with it. If I feel depressed or manic, I might add 400mg and that usually fixes it, but that is probably risky. Also note that the generic is really cheap now, under $25/month at max legal dose. Or $54 for 3 months worth."

john b (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I found a small dose of quetiapine 12.5 mg a day like magic. I feel a different person. Great medicine for PTSD"

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2018

For Insomnia: "Seroquel has saved me. I was prescribed seroquel for my severe insomnia, in conjunction with my long term depression. I had one issue initially when I started it, if I didn’t take it early enough then I would have difficulty waking up on time without being groggy. But this subsided after getting up and moving. It did discourage me from taking it regularly. Small doses had strong effects on me, so I started cutting my 25 mg tablets in half. After being on it long term it completely changed my sleeping patterns and mood. Now on my normal dose, I finally sleep through the night, and wake up well rested and motivated. In small doses (10-15mg) its effective in relieving daytime anxiety (as prescribed as well) which benefited my generalized anxiety disorder without benzos. Now I can finally sleep and control my daytime anxiety. If you’re anything like me, even a 25mg dose can be too strong. Talk to your doctor about dosage. It’s a lifesaver for anyone struggling with severe insomnia and depression."

freckledghost (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "So far this drug has helped me a great deal, I've spent the last 15 years not being able to function in society, suffering from anxiety, PTSD and bipolar. Have always had issues with sleep, never been able to hold a job for longer than a few months. Ever since I started taking this the last few months it has helped a lot, I know there are a lot of negative side effects that people have experienced but at this point I have yet to experience them. I've heard this drug either works for people or it doesn't, but it's funny reading about the speculation over fake reviews just because it does happen to work for some people."

annon June 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "This is actually my 2nd review of Seroquel for sleep. I actually take a rather high dose -- 700 mg. All I can say is that it's the best sleep medication I've EVER been on. I've tried just about everything. Zopiclone, Sublinox, Amitriptyline, Trazodone, Doxepin -- most of which I've found hit and miss (the best of THOSE I would have to say is Sublinox). I've been taking this medication for many months now, and it's really been great. I wake up refreshed, and I do NOT find a hangover like other sleep meds (Remeron, for instance, was BRUTAL for that). It also has a nice, pleasant mellowing effect (unlike Trazodone or Remeron which made me feel like some soft of zombie). I highly recommend this medication."

Seroquel is GOOD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 29, 2018