User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 19 reviews 46 medications

5.6
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 958 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Been suffering with moderate/major depression with periods of extreme anxiety and daily thoughts of specific suicidal thoughts for 7 months. Suffered really rough initial side effects with Lexapro and endured this medication for 4 months up to 30mg. Felt worse then ever at this dosage and so I sought help from a private practice. He immediately told me to lower my dosage to 20mg of Lexapro (to eventally taper off completely) and put me on 300mg Seroquel, 200mg night and 100mg mornings. The day after, I woke up with new hope and a sense of calmness. I no longer felt suicidal. Thus the conclusion is that I'm probably Bipolar Type 2, meaning antidepressants is not the right for me. Seroquel always makes me sleep every night, all night! :)"

Matrlx (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Took 25mg and and gained 9lbs in 2weeks. Very hard to wake up in the mornings. Feel tired all day. Switching to pregabalin 50mg. It's better weight wise but very tired all day, gain 5lbs in 4weeks."

Harry79 February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was recently diagnosed with type 2 BP in July of 2016. I was on Lamictal at first and it was a nightmare, It kept me from being sad but I would still get very angry. Seroquel was next and I was too scared to take it at first, but once I started having a LOT of heated arguments and stress I finally decided to take it. So far so good, I only take 25mg because is chills me out and eases my anxiety. I don't get sad and I don't get overly mad or excited. First few days I am tired on the meds but after a few days I am able to manage my life. I wish I would have went to a Dr years ago to get treated because since I was 13 my moods have been up and down. Now I'm as chill as a cucumber."

D.M. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "After taking heroin on a regular basis for a year, I couldn't sleep properly at night, insomnia and depression were the worst, until my doctor prescribed me quetiapine fumarate 200mg tabs, I sleep like a baby now 8-11 hours without any morning after effects, also helped me a lot to get out of depression"

Imdad Ali (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "Excellent substitute to benzos for sleep. Take 25-50mg a night, very helpful. No major side effects at this low dose, just much better sleep. Takes about an hour to make me drowsy."

Canada345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My Dr told me basically nothing else has worked so what do u want him to do. The seroquel seemed to at first but I gained weight quickly and people are always asking if I'm expecting because I look maybe 5 months pregnant. I have paranoia problems as well with anxiety. I have suicidal thoughts throughout the day but I don't share that with my Dr because I don't want to get put in a hospital so I keep that to myself. I'm extremely depressed and it doesn't help me sleep. I can't sleep because of the thoughts going crazy in my head. So I have to take ambien. I'm sick of all these medications. I also take wellbutrin for depression and Xanax for anxiety. the Xanax helps but when I try to pull back from using it my body jerks. I know I need help"

whoever whatever February 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug saved my life. I had my first manic episode recently and the doctor put me on 200mg and 50mg Xr at bedtime. I take Vraylar too. I sleep well and my bipolar tendencies (rage and mania) are pretty much cured. It took two months before I was not fatigued the next day. I have no weight issues from this drug. Thank God for this drug and the doctor who prescribed it."

MommaGia February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed with bipolar, PTSD and depression. I was put on lithium and seroquel about 5 months ago. Lithium makes it so I don't feel .....anything. And seriously I take around 6pm and the next morning I feel like a zombie. Half the time I can't even get out of bed to go to work. All I want to do All day is sleep. I've told my doctor but he keeps telling me to give it some more time....... I have kids I have to take care of, but I feel so tired and lazy on seroquel. Only upside is it does help me sleep throughout then night instead of being awake depressing about my life. Lithium, not sure what it does to me but tries to block my emotional feelings which is good and bad at the same time. I still feel sadness though. Everyday."

Laurenjp055 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "Starting 50mg of quetiapine fumarat, and 50mg of sertraline for the first time tonight. I have had constant anxiety for about a month. Heart races mind races, trouble sleeping sometimes I don't sleep at all. Had trouble eating, lost 10 pounds that I couldn't afford to lose. Bad headaches, even stomach pain and diarrhea. Crying a lot, feeling stressed about everything. Has anyone taken these two meds together? Even having anxiety about starting these meds."

very nervous February 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "It worked for around 20 minutes to settle me but otherwise was ineffective, it was a sedative too, needed more and more as tolerance came on thick and fast."

wenzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "I'm 32 years old, bipolar, OCD tendencies. Have been taking Seroquel XR for over a week now. At first it seemed to trigger a manic episode that lasted for 5 days. For someone who typically spends most of his time on the depressive side, this was heaven. LOL I take 100mg a day just before bed time, have no trouble getting to sleep, am able to stay asleep and don't find it too difficult to wake up. I normally have consuming and unwarranted anxiety. This has been greatly suppressed. I find it much easier to control my anger and in general my emotions have become much more stable. There have been no negative side-effects. I still feel like I need an additional anti-depressant as my normal "base level" is too low but am otherwise satisfied"

SGP666 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "No dude it doesn't work. I've been on it for few months. No it doesn't work for anxiety. It helps the shaking part. That's it. Doesn't work for depression either. When I was on it I hurt myself and was thinking about suicide. It didn't stop my racing thought. My OCD is the same. Man just no. I gained 40 pounds in 2 months just with 250mg. It's the worst medication of its category. I was on Zyprexa before but besides the horrible weight gain at least I was doing much better. I hate this medication. Do not take it people. It makes you fat doesn't help at all. No man just NOOO. I'm going back to Paxil 30mg and Zyprexa 7.5 mg which work so much better. Bye SEROQUEL."

Joj (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "I was put on Quetiapine 25mg after my husband passed away as I could not go to sleep. My mind would always race. Once on quetiapine I sleep well... I still have the problem of racing mind but as long as I take the pill I am good. I also wake up with no problem. It has been a life saver."

pebbles1962 January 31, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "Used to take the stimulant alertec for my narcolepsy to help me stay awake but a new doctor took me off it and put me on Seroquel in hopes it would help me sleep better which in turn would help me be more rested during the day it has been a godsend been on it for over a year I take 50 mg after dinner sleep like a baby before would wake up and then couldn't fall back to sleep for a long time now can fall back to sleep after needing the toilet no problem"

hitemwithein (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I have depression with anxious disitress.My extremely racing thoughts would typically whip me up into a panicky state, sometimes with outbursts of irrational anger. Seroquel XR works fantastically to ease that racing mind, to a more 'normal'and useful pace. Side effects are virtually absent: the XR doesn't floor me like immediate release Seroquel did. I can function and think well. Seroquel XR is a good medicine. It also helps with my depression."

Global Man January 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on Seroquel more years then I know.I have always been on the magical 200mg. I'm only on 50mg now, because of weight gain. I really did not want to be on this, and tried to go off..The headaches, and misery are just awful trying to come off this drug. So, back on Seroquel... along with Lamictal, Tegretol and Topomax. I have Bipolar 1, another name I've been told is Classic Bipolar. Seroquel helps with sleep for sure. Don't like the heaviness on the chest, if it's too high a dose. Also, getting up to eat like 10 minutes after taking it. AND feeling zombie next day. I've noticed if My meds aren't taken before midnight, forget the next day. Next day is gone..Sleeping all day. And If I don't snack with these meds,my heart feels weird."

Melyssy (taken for 10 years or more) January 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Where do I begin? Seroquel, personally I think it is a great medication for the right person. I've taken seroquel on and off 3 different times, I am currently back on it and will most likely stay on it. I take 800mg before bed time and sleep like a baby. I do have a few side effects from this medicine which include dry mouth, constipation and indigestion. I take seroquel for Borderline personality disorder (BPD), I am also on 300mg lithium and 300mg 3x a day of gabapentin. Seroquel helps control my mania and impulsive behavior, it does not make me a zombie and I have great concentration. What I don't understand is this drug being prescribed to people for sleep issues, sure you sleep like a baby but those are the people with all these terrible side effects and horror stories."

Ckn (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I loved it for getting me away from mixed episodes in Bipolar Disorder. But it made me feel dead inside. I'm going off the 300 XR and going onto 100 instant release because 300 was just too much for me. Hoping I can get into a hospital if a mixed episode raises it's ugly head again"

Yaggy January 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Depression: "I took this medicine with lamotragine to treat major depression and speculated bipolar disorder. I think it worked well, it got me out of a bad fog, but it made me so tired. I had to sleep for a tleast 12 hours. If anyone let me, I'd probably sleep for 24. For most of the time I was taking 50mg. Then we upped it to 100mg and I was starting to sleep through my alarms, I was being late for work. So I took myself off of it gradually. I didn't have the money to back to the phsychiatrist. Anyhow, I got off of it, it's been a good 8 or so months. And the depression is back..or at least starting up again. I'm thinking that my only option is to go back on this medicine..but maybe only take 25 mg doses since it makes me so tired. Is this a bad idea?"

Era766 January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Insomnia: "I had not slept more than three hours a night for three years due to bipolar, anxiety and depression , aggravated by life problems. This medication at 25 mg lets me sleep 8 to 10 hours but only if I take it right before turning out the light and only of it's quiet and everyone else is in bed. Otherwise it doesn't work, I don't sleep and I spend the next day "hungover." So get ready for bed, read your book, close your door, take the pill and enjoy. It's changed my life and given me a new chance."

Ursula B January 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I have had symptoms of this for years not knowing what was wrong with me. I would go a few years with no issues cause I was drinking very heavily ( 1- 2 cases of beer a night) I have tried SSRI's as they would not work with the depression and anxiety. I recently was switched from zyprexa to quetiapine 100 mg (will be increased to 200mg in 2 days.) It has been 3 days and I have already noticed a complete difference. My thoughts seem a lot more stable, I'm not as paranoid, I found my anxiety has lessoned (I was having 4 -6 panic attacks at work a day) and I just feel more stable now. I am very grateful as to I was so desperate for help."

Lee.M January 16, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "A friend gave me Quetiapine to help me sleep and for depression. I've also had it prescribed, & bought it without prescriptions. Never had withdrawal symptoms even if I quit cold turkey. I take one 300 mg before bed, without this drug I wouldn't be able to sleep at all due to chronic nerve pain the past 30 years. I don't mind the dreams but have the indigestion. Hopefully my body will adjust so it won't be too bad, don't think it's affecting my weight- I have a great metabolism, thankfully and a built in reminder not to eat too much....my asthma acts up if I start to gain any extra weight. For now I'm taking it on my own but a new doctor will probably prescribe it because of my extreme insomnia and MDD. So far so good, it works well for me."

GhostofaGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I tried this medication to help with PTSD symptoms. This medication works great for me. The main reason why I took it is for rage and dissociation/disconnection from reality, although mainly for major aggression and rage. Unfortunately I had to stop taking it shortly after starting because I feel unsafe on it. I get extremely drowsy and it almost knocks me out although that's not that big of a deal it fades off after 2 hours or so, the main reason is my blood pressure skyrockets, I feel like the room starts spinning and I get dizzy, my face goes numb and I feel tingly and more numb everywhere generally and I get these like jolts inside my body while I try to sleep. When I try to sleep it feels like I'm getting zapped with electricity."

Monroe27 January 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My experience with this drug has been generally positive. It does tone down my hypomania, and is amazing at helping me sleep (it used to take me up to 3.5 hours lying in the dark to fall asleep...now it's closer to between 1-2 hours). However, it does give some weird side effects. It gives me intensely vivid dreams. I normally dream very little, but this gives me very strange dreams every night that I can very clearly remember on waking up. These dreams even frequently (3/4 times a week) cause me to wake up in the middle of the night! Would not recommend if you already have frequent nightmares or night terrors, as seroquel may make those much worse. Ineffective for depression."

Audrey K (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on this for about 8 months so far. I take 300mg at bed time. It helps with sleep, but I do feel a bit tired during the day. This has really reduced my mania. I used to argue with people until I was literally foaming at the mouth, but now I lose interest in arguments within 5 or 10 minutes. Twitter and news used to upset me and I'd get ampted up about stories, but that's gone away mostly. Now I can react to things that used to make me furious with a laugh or just a short discussion with someone. Seroquel's not perfect, but the weirdness and intensity I used to experience has gone. It also helps greatly with my IBSd. I haven't had any weight gain, but my diet is low-fat and limited. Seroquel is MUCH better than TCAs btw. Good luck!"

theskysnotabove (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2017