User Reviews for Quetiapine systemic

Tourette's Syndrome

1 review 7 medications
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 7.3 1,318 reviews

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Good drug, pity that for my anxiety was not sufficient"

Pat286 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2019

For Depression: "I have been on the same drug for almost 5 years. Some generics work better than others as far as treating the condition. However, I've had the worst experience with Accord's generic. It instantly gave me headaches ALL the time. I tried to contact the company by phone, email, and the website. I left multiple messages, wanting to speak with them. They never responded and I never was able to actually speak with ANYONE from the company. I've never had this experience with a drug company. It should not be impossible to speak with customer service about my experience with one of their medications."

Vada (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2019

For Insomnia: "I have tried several things over the year to help sleep. I'm younger then 40n and can't sleep. My mind did not shut off at all, was prescribed this at 25 mg and I get at least 8 hours a day. It saved me from almost having a nervous breakdown as couldn't sleep even 1 hour. Now I have to go another method as would like to get pregnant this year."

J January 12, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "Was diagnosed with MDD and severe GAD at the beginning but after rapid cycling and getting worse on Nortriptyline and Citalopram, was then rediagnosed as BPII. I'm a pharmacist myself so with the help of my pdoc and many trials and errors, finally got stable on a cocktail of Lamotrigine (200 mg), Paroxetine (20 mg) and Quetiapine XR (150 mg). Quetiapine is one of the pillars of it stability. It's sedation relieves my severe anxiety and it's antidepressant and mood stabilizer effects makes me stable and helps me lead a relatively normal life. I'm okay with the side effects (not much really), except the weight gain (8 kg in a year). Which can be avoided with diet and exercise. Still, it's not much at all compared to its benefits. Peace"

amjahromizadeh (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve been taking seroquel xr for almost ten years for bipolar disorder. My life has been quite stable since I started using 300 mg at night. I’ve battled weight gain all along. I gain forty pounds then lose it by doing low carb diet. I am thankful for the stability in my life but the grogginess is really wearing on me. My brain doesn’t fully function till after noon most days. I became a coffee drinker at 35 years old as a result. Every so often I forget to bring a pill with me on an overnight. I wouldn’t say I sleep without it. I seem to stay in a semiconscious state. The following day however; my brain is very sharp without the sedating effect. I’m hoping I can reach some middle ground between mental sharpness and adequate nightly sleep. I’ve read all the current reviews on this sight. The medication really seems to be patient specific. The only constant I see is the weight gain and grogginess. Has anyone lowered their dose and had less grogginess as a result?"

Fishy December 28, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have had episodes of extreme anxiety/depression, but on my third episode I was under constant stress at work so could not heal naturally. There fore I was put on SSRI's and benzo's but they did nothing. Then I was put on Avanza which worked for a month then suddenly stopped. Then I got a thyroid problem and I was in a bad way so they put me on Seroquel 300mg with a month off work. It worked fine, I felt good so went back to work and then I relapsed again. I ended up in hospital and they finally diagnosed me with bipolar spectrum disorder after I explained some strange sensations I had experienced, mainly extreme irritability, followed by an inability to get out of bed etc. I am stable and the Seroquel has definitely helped but it does have side effects like weight gain, mental and physical slowness, being dumbed down and the ability to sleep all day unless I have a reason to get up like work. I have started to reduce the dose from 300mg to 250mg and already notice feeling less drugged."

Marcus December 27, 2018

For Insomnia: "I’m a 25 yo female and have really bad insomnia (for most of my life). I have tried multiple meds for it including trazadone, lunesta, Ambien, and melatonin. I’ve been on seroquel nightly for about 2 years now (started on 50mg and went down to 25mg) and nothing works better (not saying it’s perfect but for me it’s the best option). I actually take it with Benadryl to help me fall asleep. I sleep better on this than anything else and my mood is better during the day. I haven’t experienced any side effects but my doctors hate that I’m on it because of possible long term effects but I’m afraid of trying anything else because this works so well for me. I still have some trouble falling asleep/staying asleep but I do get a solid 7 hours of sleep on it which is amazing if you suffer from insomnia. I love this and will try to stay on it for as long as I can"

Linda (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 25, 2018

For Depression: "Hi. My daughter is 20 and she is on this drug for psychosis after major depression. After 1 week of 50mg, I do not see a change at all. So after 1 week the dosage has been increased to 100mg. Today she had the worst and scariest episode. She was yelling, screaming, shaking, crying, and scared so scared. I really don't know what to do. Can someone tell me is this normal after 1 week of being on the drug? And when will this start working and decrease the symptoms? I don't know how much more I can handle."

Roughrough (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I use quetiapine in conjunction with Luvox with adequate results. Thoughts are less overwhelming, but still present. I usually have a fairly high tolerance for medications, and experience few side-effects, however this drug was an exception. I started on 25mg (the lowest dose available) and they made me mentally and physically exhausted for almost 24 hours. I was unable to function normally for at least 12 hours after the initial dose. I went off them because of this, but started again at the suggestion of my psychiatrist. She suggested halving the tablets. I just went with the 25mg, but took them very early in the evening (no later than 5 pm). I found I could wake up okay in the morning, and was myself by about 11am. I've been on them for about 3 months now and have increased the dosage steadily. I have just moved up to 100mg and feel fine. No side-effects, except for memories in the couple of hours after taking the drug feeling vague and seeming somehow dreamlike."

npocko December 17, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Got me off sleeping pills slowed down cycling thoughts"

Harriet (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2018

For Insomnia: "I have been taking 25 mg at bedtime for insomnia for just over a year. It has helped me improve my life significantly. I get to sleep and sleep well for a good 7 hours. I no longer wake up with spinning anxious thoughts and worries. I have tried cutting my dosage in half, but 12.5 is not enough. The anxiety began waking me up and plaguing me upon rising so I remain on 25 mg and am grateful for the stable health benefits."

Yomama December 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "Quetiapine has helped me tremendously with insomnia! But I do believe I'm addicted cuz if I miss a dose, I can't sleep ."

Nanalulu (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have struggled with extreme anxiety and depression for over 15 years. The first several years were conventional treatment of Paxil and Serax, a benzodiazepine. Unfortunately, benzos are extremely addicting and extremely dangerous to quit without help. I reached a crisis point around 8 months ago where everything seemingly stopped working all at once. The benzo treatment had reached the end of it's usefulness and was now causing anxiety instead of easing it. This was when my doctor prescribed low doses 12.5-25 mg. 1-2 times a day of seroquel to augment my Paxil. I am not going to rave about it, but it is an alternative for those who are slim on options. My Dr. says it is non habit forming, but until I see it myself when I try to discontinue them, I am wary of this claim. It does work very well in helping intense anxiety and fairly well for depression."

Bill November 29, 2018

For Insomnia: "Get about 8-9 hours of sleep with it."

Noodle (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I am so thankful for this medication. After trying multiple SSRI and SNRIs with limited success, Seroquel bridged the gap. I have GAD and some depression; this medication took me from a place where I had taken a 3 month leave of absence from a successful career as an executive, to a place where I can function again in what remains a highly intense corporate environment. While Seroquel is a miracle drug for me, I am very thankful to Jesus for carrying me through this period - He's my true miracle."

NR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 27, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Been taking Seroquel XR for about 8 years for severe insomnia and schizoaffective disorder. It's great for sleep but I've put on about 50 lbs. since starting. Currently trying to titrate off of it and I'm down to 50mg. I do workout 3 times a week, so I'm not gaining but I'm not losing weight either. I'm not a fitness God but I've been pretty active all my life and skinny, so being 50 lbs. overweight is a dealbreaker for me. I want to have my knees & hips functioning in old age, can't do that when I'm lugging extra weight around that's crushing my knees. There's just too many negative physical symptoms that my pdoc doesn't care to address that affect quality-of-life."

JoSo (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 16, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve been on Seroquel for years-150mg at night to sleep. I combine it with 50 mg Trazodone and 0.5mg of Klonopin. I sleep through the night and I can deal with my anxiety and Bipolar 1. Diagnosed 22 years ago and tried just about every other drug suggested. This works-I get 8-9 hours of sleep a night. I’m a bit groggy in the morning but It’s worth it to be stable and functional"

Poohbear (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Pros above 100mg: Sleep like the dead, relieves psychosis, no extrapyramidal symptoms, prevents extreme racing thoughts. cons above 100mg: Appetite increase, restlessness, difficulty speaking, pacing, akathisia Compared to all the other atypical/typical antipsychotics this is the only one that is tolerable in terms of the side-effect profile. It's still a very debilitating drug to take in the long run. For the short term and what options I have this is the only drug that works for me."

Valentina (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2018

For Insomnia: "24 years with a sleep disorder, sedatives and hypnotics stopped working. Seroquel is the only thing that has helped me sleep again. I hesitated trying it because it is an antipsychotic but I'm glad I decided to take it . 150 mgs helps me sleep 6 hours. No side affects."

BP (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 10, 2018

For Insomnia: "The key to taking this drug is finding the correct dose. From reading the comments it seems that a lot of folks are prescribed very large doses. Perhaps they need them, tolerance has built up.....I don't know but all I need to get me feeling super chill is 6.5mg. It is a very tranquil and pleasant, relaxing feeling. Any higher dosage than that and the next day I am a complete mess :-)"

TheArtfulDodger (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I struggled with bipolar 1 disorder and before I found this medication I was all over the place. When I was manic I was like supergirl and when I was down I felt so pathetic and worthless. When I first got on this drug my ups and downs got better but they were still problematic. But, it’s almost been a whole year since I got on it and I have never felt more stable so I’d say it takes time but it’s worth it. I’m not at creative as I was when I didn't have any treatment, but I am still passionate (and sane lol) and that honestly makes up for it. And I definitely do not get that low. I have my fair share of struggles but I’ve learned that it’s ok, it’s life, but nothing like the highs and lows I experienced before. It’s a miracle pill for me."

Baibai November 9, 2018

For Insomnia: "This medication was very helpful for my insomnia issues. I was in a very desperate situation where I wouldn't sleep for many days in a row and nothing would help, my sleep anxiety would just get worse. At this point I've had reoccurring insomnia for almost 2 years and benzos would also just make the situation worse and I would feel horrible in the mornings. After being prescribed quetiapine 50mg/night, this immediately improved my sleep. It was like a gift that I thought I'd never find. Its been almost two months now and I sleep like a baby every night 8-9h and even if I wake up in the middle of the night, I still fall back asleep. The mornings are fine and I feel well rested. Definitely the only medication that has helped me this well with insomnia issues."

Akki (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2018

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This stuff ruined my life. This is poison. Worst thing that ever happened to me and I've been through some pretty awful abuse."

Timtam (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "200mg Quetiapine plus 2mg Haloperidol daily helps greatly with voices and mood stabilization."

Timmay November 1, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I began on 12.5mg as I am small and didn’t tolerate other medications well. I have Generalised anxiety disorder along with depression because the anxiety and all effects from SSRIs. So yeah first week or two great! My suicidal thoughts stopped. I seemed happy again. Well that wore off after two weeks so My doc upped my dose to 12.5 on a morning and 12.5 on a night. Okay now this is where it started I began to question who my daughter is. What life is I began to become disconnected and distant. Not only that I then instead of having thoughts to kill my self I began to constantly be afraid of death afraid I would kill my self. So then I came off them and wow. Brutal. I am now on Amitriptyline which is still doing nothing. I’m holding in I know there is hope! I know this is not my fault and is not forever. Will be going back to doc for a different SSRI and never again will I touch Seroquel. Since I am still disconnected and dissociative."

ShanW97x October 30, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...