User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 20 reviews 46 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 1041 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Haven't had problems with BPD for a while until a sudden flare up. Drugs been good for eradicating anxiety and paranoid thoughts which was it's prescribed purpose. I'm on 125 evening and 25 morning."

Diddy d July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed once year ago with depression and associated generalized anxiety, I was prescribed initially sertraline and alprazolam, but the secondary effects of sertraline were too severe (nausea, vomit, diarrea), my psyc changed the sertraline to paroxetine, and again I didn't tolerated it. Finally a was prescribed venlafaxine which helped me with my depression symptoms, but I was too anxious, and irritable. Finally I was diagnosed with type 2 bipolar disorder and quetiapine was prescribed. Initially I was taking 25 mgs before going to sleep, which helped with sleep, but I was anxious and irritable, quetiapine dose was increased, and at this moment I taking 100 mgs before going to bed. This medication really helped, I'm not anxious or depressed."

RgB21 July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "For those who has been having anemia or low blood pressure problem (esp ladies), Quetiapine lowered blood pressure and blood sugar level and that causes me feel light-headed, dizziness, fainting spell and developed slight vertigo. Check your blood pressure and discuss with your doctor before taking Quetiapine. I've stopped taking it for more than 1 week and my symptoms of dizziness and fainting spells slowly subsided."

Geok57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Great med, weight gain yes 50 lbs over 8 months started working out at the gym and watching what I eat and feeling good and hopeful for the future down 30 lbs does feel little of loss motivation at 500mg trying to lower dose to 300mg update later"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "Sometimes I feel a bit paralysed from this. But it works like its supposed to do."

Blatts (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "First of all, for all the people writing reviews that haven't been on this drug for AT LEAST 4-6 WEEKS your reviews are almost invalid, this drug is as two-faced as many make it out to be and for those people they just aren't giving it enough time to see both sides of it. I have been on and off Seroquel for a few years now and currently taking 150mg at night for the past 3 months. It helped with anxiety and sleep which was great! I was less intimidated and anxious at school and with friends. However, it seriously affected my mood, constantly shifting from agitated to blunted, my concentration, my dreams, weight and eventually, over the course of about six weeks, caused one of the most serious relapses in my depression in years. Be careful!"

Someguywithdepressionduh (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started taking Seroquel about four years ago. I was a severe alcoholic at the time. I was once up to 900 mg daily. I quit drinking over a year ago. I switched to a new medication because of weight gain. Latuda did nothing for me. In addition once I was completely off Seroquel my anxiety and insomnia went through the roof. It was so severe that my doctor put me back on Seroquel. I have been diagnosed with bipolar type II, generalized anxiety disorder and PTSD. My doctor started seeing me every two weeks, and we were finally able to find my "magic dose" which is 200mg at bedtime. He also added lithium. I am very pleased with Seroquel. I know that many people can't tolerate it because it is a hard drug, but for me it works great"

NewtonN22 June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been through every sleep aid in existence. None worked. They started me on 50mg which didn't work. Long story short.. I take 800mg at night around 10pm and fall asleep after about an hour or so. I wake up ready to go about 6am usually. I started experiencing withdrawals mid day. It was as bad as coming off benzos which is an absolute horror story but I was suffering and my Dr felt it was due to seroquels half life so I started taking 400mg mid morning and that helped. Some days I have to sleep after the 400mg dose and others I don't. This medication has helped me in many ways. It's helped my anxiety and sleep however I have gained 40lbs which is disturbing. I'm currently trying to lose weight. I don't want to give this med up."

Jesseslilbit (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Made me sleepy, but sleep was still elusive. These drugs made me so constipated, even laxatives couldn't get things moving."

Rainbow Flaps (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Recently able to get the XR in generic form. This has been a complete life changing medication for me. It has improved all areas of my condition to a point I am fully capable to manage life without any other assistance."

mgoldapp (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Don't take this medication! I gained 45lbs on it, I would sleep-eat and now its been a nightmare trying to lose the weight. absolutely awful."

Merbearrrrr (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Been on 300mg for severe anxiety and depression. Only real help has been sleep and no bad side effects. Love the stuff for that reason but I wish it helped with more the anxiety and depression as I've been on every antidepressant."

Emiie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been on Seroquel/Quatiapine for several years for chronic insomnia. I take 50-100 mg 2 hours before bedtime. It is the ONLY thing that has helped me sleep through the night. Periodically a new doc will try the latest sedative on me. The latest was Bellsra. A distill failure that cost me two weeks of sleep. I have Fibromyalgia so lack of sleep leads to a major pain flare up. I'm coping with that still 3 weeks later. I've recently started 5HTP and Kavinace Ultra supplements. I'm hoping to wean myself off Seroquel because the weight gain SUCKS!"

KYS (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I just started taking 100mg quetiapine to help me sleep. Only been on it 5 days. I suffer from anxiety-sometimes severe, depression-sometimes severe & severe pain from severe osteoarthritis, severe back pain from multiple surgeries & degenerate disc disease. Anyway, thus far quetiapine seems to help me sleep somewhat. Still waking up too early, average 4 hours sleep per night & I feel real foggy. Not sure what to do cause I was taking trazadon which helped me sleep but nasty stuff. So from a lot of reviews I've read here it seems quetiapine affects a lot of people differently. I'm so scared of it yet I'm exhausted from lack of sleep which causes me more anxiety & depression. I've not gotten a decent night's sleep in months. Any suggestions?"

Virginia Redhead (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "Out of all the anti-psychotics I have taken, Seroquel makes me feel the most normal! I was on put on Geodon originally in 2012 when I had my first psychotic break. The Geodon made me gain 60 lb eventually caused insomnia, binge eating, and heavy drinking. Drugs like Fanapt and Lutuda made me more depressed/mind rush. I was put on Seroquel in 2015. My binge eating disorder continued, and I gained 40 lbs that year :/. It made me feel a million times better than Geodon though. I was able to stop popping Xanax and klonopin everyday. I eventually stopped binge eating in October, 2016 and lost the 40lbs. Currently I take 600mg of seroquel and 100mg of Zoloft, and .5 mg of Xanax at night as needed to quiet my thoughts."

Paranoid Schizophrenic (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Only take when needed. Mainly for it's sedative effects, though that doesn't always seem to work. Especially if I've been taking them for a few days in a row."

Darkness^6 June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "No issues but worried about recent articles of secondary usage."

Bananana (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I took Quetiapine (Seroquel) for a little over a year. The pro's of this medication are that it helps me sleep and seems to tackle bipolar depression quite nicely. It also seems to make me less volatile and capricious. The con's unfortunately became too much. I gained over 50 pounds during my time on the drug, my blood pressure sky-rocketed and no amount of healthy eating or exercise helped me lose weight and keep it off. I have the appetite of a racehorse when I take it in the evening and my binging became dangerous. I also sustained a number of injuries to my legs and feet because my body couldn't keep up with the rapid weight gain during exercise. It's a good med, but be mindful that it causes weight gain!"

charliezzz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I've been treatment resistant to everything but this. It saved my life. Only problem is the slight weight gain and dry skin."

Bulma (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I took 100mg of XR and it worked pretty well to stabilize my bipolar tendencies. However, it made the whole world feel bland and neutral... nothing in my life felt particularly exciting or even depressing. Also, if I didn't sleep at least 10h per night, I would feel drowsy and out of it the next day. I was literally a walking zombie and waking up in the morning was a true battle. My doc told me that the tiredness would go away after a couple of weeks/months but after a little more than 7 months the effects were still the same so I stopped taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on seroquel XR 50mg for the past 8 months for Generalised Anxiety Disorder and intrusive racing thoughts. Only take it in the evening before bedtime. This helps me sleep through the night and not wake up in the middle of the night with panic/anxiety issues! It is somewhat sedating, and do have issues waking up in the morning, but coffee helps. I didn't gain any weight on it as it helps me get going during the day on things that would usually drive me into a panic situation! I actually enjoy going out for walks and socialising now as opposed to being apprehensive and terrified of (insert intrusive thoughts)! Needs some adjustments occasionally; on weeks I'm doing well I only take half of the 50mg dose and do Ok."

FrazzledFox (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "My family member has been on the brand name Seroquel XR since 2009. When Accord Healthcare came out with their generic version in Nov 2016, she had to get the generic in Jan. 2017 until she could get approved for the AZ & Me PAP. I can tell you that the generic does not have the same efficacy as the brand name as she started experiencing symptoms on Accord's generic. Now we find out that Astra Zeneca will no longer have the PAP after Dec. 2017. They did a good job of marketing their product and it has helped many patients manage their symptoms. However, if the generic versions don't have the same efficacy, thousands of patients risk decompensation and symptoms. Accord even has the nerve to charge over 1300 per month for their med."

mhadvocate June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on immediate release version of Seroquel 200mg and the side effects were horrible! Everlasting hungover and craving for foods like if it's a drug or I would be going withdraw aka blood sugar crashes. So my Dr switched to seroquel 200mg extended release and it was a GODSEND form of drug! Barely any of sedating effects and even lack of any hungover.... And the best part was that I forgot to eat breakfast by accident several times in a week.... If for immediate release I would be going crazy for missing breakfast. Imagine that!"

Bipolarity Guy (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "My doctor had hoped that Seroquel could help my depression but Seroquel XR caused a bizarre condition where I couldn't stop flailing my arms and legs. Now I take 600 mgs of regular Seroquel to help me sleep at night. Does it help with my depression? I don't think so. At least not to a significant degree. But it does help me sleep!"

Sad Amy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I take 300mg. It's been 5 years. I was on higher doses, once up to 900 mg. My delusions never went away, but I can control my thoughts better. I think of something delusional, but I don't follow the train of thought. Since I started a serious relationship 2 years ago, I have been working on my anger and paranoia that he would hurt me. It's harder to control my emotions. Right now, I have a outrageous story in my head about him, but after reading the posts on this website, I know these feelings aren't new. I've felt them with my own family. I'm going to a National Alliance of Mental health Illness (NAMI) meeting soon to get support about how lonely it can feel to be exhausted. I pray in the morning to help my negative feelings and meditate at night to be present."

Lana girl (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2017