User Reviews for Quetiapine

Tourette's Syndrome

1 review 7 medications
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 7.3 1,283 reviews

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Insomnia: "I was diagnosed with Primary Insomnia 23 years ago and frankly I have tried everything under the sun from hypnotics to sedatives and everything stopped working for me. I tried 150 mgs. of Seroquel and have been sleeping 6 - 8 hrs a night thank goodness. My liver has shown some calcification but nothing to worry about ."

BP (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I went through a lot of recurring trauma and couldn't sleep at night, I'm constantly on hyper arousal and anticipating something. If I don't sleep my symptoms can worsen. At one point they increased my dosage up by another 50mg and I started having nightmares, the Dr decreased my dosage by 50mg over 3 months until I got to 300mg. So while there was a little hiccup, this is probably one of the best medications I have taken."

Jesse (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "This drug works very well for me after combat deployments on the front lines. I take 300mg every night and my mood the next day is much better. I think more clearly and more focused on what I need to do every day."

Rock steady (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 12, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Ive been on seriquel 400mgs for a lot of years, ( it was a lot higher dose. I am bipolar type 2, diagnosed in 2010, and if I take anymore I cannot get good sleep. I am amazed to read the comments\post how people are sleeping so well and are groggy on a 100-200mg tablet! Wish I could!! Lol. I'm on a 400mg dose and I can't sleep well at all? Should my dose be increased? Or should another medication be added? I fall asleep but I'm not sleeping a load of hours, I get like 5-6 hours sleep no matter what time I take the dose."

Am7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Thank you for all the positive comments. They have really helped and given me hope. Can I ask roughly how long it took for you to feel an improvement. I have OCD, GAD and low mood. I’ve just gone over two weeks at 50mg at night. Feel very sleepy and eating a lot. Just scared as my Psychiatrist is weaning me off Prozac and Pregabalin so I will just be on Quetiapine. Last time I was on nothing my OCD was so severe I just wanted to end it all. Thank you x"

Evieheart (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Seroquel for a little over 5 years, and currently at 100mg (was higher but I could not function). I am Bipolar I and have been since 1984. It was offered to me for my depressive side, and I can tell you for a fact, it didn't help at all for the mania (except it did and does help with sleep). After suffering through severe depression for about 2 years, Seroquel was introduced to me at the hospital. I went through some terrible side effect(s) that included legs with uncontrollable twitching and with arms. I still have twitches with my left arm but not often. The other effect is with the libido. I have no desire for this anymore. Is the drug worth it? I certainly is for me; without this, I am a goner to the mania world."

Dave (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 8, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "All the antidepressants were no good. Seroquel is the only med found to stabilize my mood."

Yogibear (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 6, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "The first dose I took was 0.25 mg at night, and I was knocked out within 1 hour. I took a morning dose at 0.25 mg, and I had the worst experience. I was heavily sedated. I tried kneading bread, which made me feel like passing out. My psychiatrist told me to stop taking it, and I am starting abilify tomorrow evening. Trying not to lose hope. Best of luck."

Nd (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I got prescribed Seroquel XR for my sleep and it is supposed to help me with my sleeping and it does. I don’t follow a specific roster of when I’m meant to take it so I’m on and off every week and I only just started noticing that when I start taking it after a while of not taking it my depression gets worse. I’m not really sure of what’s going on."

Mia (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Gave me extremely painful full-body muscle cramps. The muscles in my eyes even cramped up."

Megumi (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug works for me, it's a great drug, I'll give it a 10 out of 10."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I take 100mgs for bipolar depression/insomnia/PTSD. It has calmed my depression down a lot, I haven't had a major episode since I began taking it. I sleep good now, but only reason I give it 8 instead of 10 is because I sleep and eat a lot and I wake up with food in my mouth choking on it. I have even woke up in my vehicle because I guess I remembered there was snacks in the vehicle and there was none in the house. Its been great besides the insatiable hunger and sleep eating/weight gain. I've gained 15 pounds in a year ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

For Insomnia: "I've been taking 600 mg nightly of this medicine and it's been the only thing that has truly helped me sleep! It feels nice to actually feel like I can sleep at night!!!"

Storm13 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 23, 2018

For Insomnia: "All my life I had to exhaust myself in order to be able to sleep all night. When i was in elementary school sometimes I'd stay up for 2 days straight and feel fine. However I have been taking seroquel for a couple years up until the last 5 days. It worked great as far as putting me into a nightly coma and allowing me to fall back asleep when I would wake up in the middle of the night. However I noticed that I had stopped being happy and no longer smiled or even cared to laugh or joke around. Now that I have been off it for 5 days I can hardly stay asleep. I fall asleep fast but wake up within the hour. I also feel restless and kind of weak."

J (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2018

For Insomnia: "Quetiapine leaves me groggy and slow to start in the morning, sometimes not until noon or later. I'm on a low dosage and it still bothers me. I have a Bipolar 2 diagnosis and in my mid-50s."

Gyro September 21, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "14 years in military so have seen much in my life. I've being taking 2x 400mg a day for around 6 years. Need it everyday, if I don't take it, it's very hard for me to function well. I started with seroquel XR and it was over $1300.00 a month for 60 400mg. At least now there's a cheaper generic version of quetiapine fumarate at almost $400... I copay $3.35..."

Steinmanlee (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 20, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I use this drug in a low dose, 25 mg, to help me sleep. I am diagnosed BP1. It makes me tired enough to get to sleep. I do not feel extremely tired, but if I lie down and close my eyes I fall asleep quickly, and usually can stay asleep for 7 or more hours. Some days, I do feel very groggy but it is worth it to me. I drink very little alcohol - one beer every two weeks or so, but if I drink the beer close to bedtime the combination makes me extremely tired. I have gained 15 pounds since my last Bipolar major episode (Severe M followed by severe D in fall 17 to winter 2018). All the gain happened on olanzapine (discontinued) but either lithium or seroquel seems to have made it tough to take some of that weight off."

Alt jay (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I am commenting as a recovering alcoholic. After several failed attempts to stop drinking including 2 residential rehabs I started taking 100mg quetapel and 200mg antibuse half an hour before bedtime. I am now 22 months sober and not stressing for a drink at all, the only side effect I can think of is struggling to get up extra early for something, I sleep like a log for about 9 hours if left too it. Good luck to all."

MJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2018

For Insomnia: "I take 50 mg of quetiapine and 50mg of trazdone 1 hour before bed it help me relax and I do sleep better than when I was on 200mg of trazdone. I think it also helps my depression"

tom64 (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am on 300mg once every night before I go to bed. (Its been 3 years without any major episode ) . After 8 years of testing, I was deemed unfit to work due to total lack of routine at 45, to be honest I think the combination of using Quetiapine and a no stress existence is what has saved me. I am now diagnosed with bipolar 2, got sick in 2003 so been a long road. If there is one thing I've learned, it is that having a positive outlook, no matter what, saves lives. Monty Python said "look on the bright side of life" so do that !! It works :) Peace."

stressed a little less (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2018

For Depression: "I just started taking Seroquel and it helps my depression, but it doesn't help me sleep at night, only during the day."

Ron (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I don't think this drug is great for panic i'm not sure it should be taken by anyone. When I took my first dose I woke up on the floor in my hallway I have no idea how I made it downstairs last thing I recall I was gong to have a snack before bed, This is a bad drug......there are better drugs for panic disorder...."

Mark (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on 300mg together with escitoloperam 20mg for 5 years. I was institutionalised before for many years due to severe depression that NOTHING helped for (everything was tried). Then after approximately 25 ECT sessions I was put on this for maintenance. It could be that the ECT's got me to where I don't need med, but I'm not going to take the risk of stopping my meds to find out. It gives me wonderful sleep and I have not had 1 day of depression in 5 years. A medical miracle when it was expected that a best case scenario would be "milder depression" for the rest of my life due to the severity and duration of my previous depression."

Hanno August 25, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I was on Seroquel for years for my schizophrenia. It did work really good, kept my psychosis down, kept me in reality. Really helped get rid of the voices although I did still hear some. Unfortunately I had to be taken off of Seroquel due to the damage it was causing to my liver. If it wasn't for the negative side effects it would have been the perfect medication for me."

Coryman616 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 25, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "It changed my life. I am bipolar, and have far less episodes. I can’t remember the last time I had one. Not only that, but it has substantially helped my insomnia in combination with other medications."

Slayer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...