User Reviews for Quetiapine to treat Paranoid Disorder

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Quetiapine Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 5 medications used in the treatment of Paranoid Disorder.

Reviews for Quetiapine

Hamed · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 12, 2020

“My father whom also suffers from Parkinson's disease has developed paranoid and delusional behaviour the past few years. He's been taking a small dose of this drug (37.5mg at night) for almost two years now along with a bunch of other anti depressants and a tranqulizer. It worked pretty nice until now. The effect seems to be wearing off now and we are trying to add to the dosage.”

Aldo January 26, 2020

“I'm been on quetiapine 25mg twice a day for 3 weeks and slowly but surely my paranoid behaviour, my racing thoughts, sweaty palms , thinking everyone wants to hurt me is reducing and hopefully this is the start of my life”

Sh · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2019

“I am bipolar one with severe anxiety. I take other pills for my bipolar including a dose of Seroquel at night but my dr. added me 3 small doses during the day for my anxiety, which has dramatically decreased. I am not worried all the time, or having panic attacks and I am leaving the house to shop, unlike before. Finally I am seeing anxiety relief.”

BirdVomit · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 19, 2019

“Give this quetiapine a chance, has helped me feel human twice in 3 years”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2017

“Its only OK once I've fallen asleep and maintaining that sleep but honestly I still have genuine reasons to be paranoid in life based on misconceptions certain associates ect but yea still depressed restless legs less paranoid over thinking but more frustrated and anxious I eat a lot on it and well I guess proper therapy sessions would've been a better approach for me”

Momwithproblems · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2016

“This medication did not work for my paranoia, anxiety, depression, and delusions. In fact, it made me feel worse. I started to believe more ridiculous things are going on around me. I actually surprisingly lost a little weight but that could be attributed to quitting breastfeeding in the process. I slept really well on this medicine which was helpful with the intrusive thoughts. I had a problem going from 300mg-400mg. The twitching became extreme....especially in my face. I became severely depressed on this medication because my intrusive thoughts started to feel more real. The only perk to this drug was that it increased my libido. I am now starting a new medication. I guess every person is different”

brado · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 14, 2015

“I'm on quetiapine 200mg fast release, I take one before sleep works really well when catching them zzzzz... The funny thing is my Dreams are more wacky and a lot more Vivid then ever. But as long as the sleep issue is good I am happy. No problem at all besides the wacky dreams. The pills keep me away from Meth..”

chellegovea May 2, 2014

“I have Delusional parasitosis. It has made my life a living hell for over 3 years. I was prescribed Seroquel last month and after taking it one time my symptoms we're nearly gone. For me it's a godsend.”

just stace :) · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 2, 2012

“I have been using quetiapine now for several weeks and have found it works wonders for my paranoid behaviour. I take 50mg in the morning and 200mg before bed, my mood is so much better. If I miss a dose my family can tell so I try not to miss any.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 9, 2012

Seroquel XR (quetiapine): “Seroquel XR worked for me better than the Seroquel. From my understanding the XR is an extended release vs the regular Seroquel. My paranoid thoughts have completely gone away except for the normal paranoia that everyone has of people sometimes talking about them. It also gives me a lot of energy during the day and I do not have to take naps. I have tried Abilify and other medicines, but none seem to work as well as the Seroquel XR.”

Anonymous April 8, 2012

“Very sedating; put me to sleep nicely, especially when I was on Abilify, it was a great relief. Was too tired to be psychotic! But I gained 32 pounds in a very short time...”

maxzee June 25, 2011

Seroquel (quetiapine): “After seeing my GP I was prescribed 200mg at night and had my first night sleep in months. Seroquel simply saved my life, it calmed me down stopped my racing heart/mind and burning body. Over time I have been able to reduce my dose to 50mg at night and wake up refreshed for work. In the morning I drink plenty of water or weak tea, also found B vitamins or multivitamins worked well along with magnesium tablet or powder three times a day.”

pistol June 8, 2009

Seroquel (quetiapine): “I was given this medication for alcohol/drug psychosis and after 2 years in 12 step recovery programs I am still on 450 milligrams. I started a reduction regime and was down to 150 milligrams and my paranoia symptoms returned. Went to see doctor and resumed my previous dosage. I experience no side effects listed but must say I am in good health and keep fit. There is the issue of weight gain, using fitness I managed to lose 10 kilograms.”

Learn more about Paranoid Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)