User Reviews for Quetiapine

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Quetiapine Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 112 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Quetiapine to treat Insomnia

"Weight gain"

Lilurobs_9213 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2016

"It is working for me; I can fall sleep, the good thing is I did not gain pounds because of it. I am grateful for this medication, I suffer insomnia for many years, and quetiapine is helping me."

Vivbigras July 5, 2016

"It will knock you out unlike any other medication out there but it will also make you gain a ton of weight."

EdSheeran (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2016

"Do not take this medicine. I gained 40 pounds, had no will to do anything besides eat and sleep, lashed out at everyone around me, and had the worst prescription drug experience of my life."

angry girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2016

"I was prescribed this at a treatment center in 2008 (8 years ago) for insomnia because it's non addictive and although a schizophrenia drug in large doses (1000-1500 mg), smaller doses have more sedative effect. It has worked wonderfully for me! I don't wake up feeling sedated or hungover for long. If I don't take it, have trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep for more than 4 hours. One thing to understand, the sedative affect is actually higher in smaller doses. I take 50 mg about 45 minutes before sleep and get 8 hrs and feel fine after coffee or shower. If 50 stops working well, I go to 100, and then back to 50. 8 years and many others tried, it's been great for me and again non-addictive. Also can be used for anxiety 25 mg"

DaveC68 June 11, 2016

"I've been taking seroquel for 8 years. Yes it puts you to sleep. Yes it makes you dumber. Yes it makes your body hurt. It changes your body so much. I can't sleep without it but I wish I'd never started on psych meds. I now have chemical dependencies on the medication and problems that I can't fix and doctors don't want to help with because they're just side effects of the medications. Be strong. Learn to stand on your own especially if you're in your teens or twenties. Doctors and drug companies do not have your best interest in mind. They want you to be slave to their services and products. I have migraines 3 or 4 times a week for the last 6 years and the doctors tell me is because I smoke cigarettes. BS"

J Texas (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 22, 2016

"My doc gave me this for insomnia and PPD following childbirth. I slept but even at 15mgs the side effects were too much. I would sleep 20 hours a day. I felt like a zombie. Horrible."

Chouette99 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

"I have been taking quetiapine for a few years it worked fine at first. However now I have to take it 6 hours at least ahead of when I want to go to bed. I take 150 mg a day and I still have problems sleeping."

Catbake May 20, 2016

"I take half of a 50Mg and it helps a LOT. I use it to get off of Zolpidem 5mg. I feel very "hungover" in the mornings though. I could easily sleep 12 hours on it."

MarcR (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

"Been having sleep issues for years. Tried Seroquel/Quetiapine some years ago... but at too high a dose. Was a 'zombie' for hours after waking. Now I take 25 mg or 50mg (depends on how tired I am) and am getting good sleep but w/ VERY vivid remember-able dreams. Seems like a good trade off. Am curious if it has long term effects.... anyone?"

ArtEMouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2016

"I am in my late 40's and struggled with insomnia for years. Got by with Zopiclone for a long time but it started to become ineffective. Finally, after many fears about side effects, I tried quetiapine. I have gradually increased to 50 mg at night which seems to be the optimal dosage and I have been sleeping very well and feeling much better. Main side effect is dry mouth so I have to be mindful of dental care. No increase in appetite or sweet cravings which I feared. It is worth trying if you are really struggling. Very happy with this medication."

Discochic May 3, 2016

"This is the only med that actually helps me sleep. I've tried melatonin, zopiclone, lorazepam and temazepam, as well as every natural remedy I could get my hands on and then my doctor suggested trying quetiapine. I take 25mg about an hour before going to sleep and usually by the time I climb into bed I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm also taking bupropion (which is technically contraindicated with quetiapine) which may be why I feel so sedated on such a low dose. The only downside is that I don't fully wake up from it until I've been physically awake for at least an hour and it makes me really thirsty but that's a small price to pay for getting a good sleep after struggling for years."

georgiaedwards (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2016

"I find I get four hours sleep. That is it. And i take 1500mg at night! still does nothing"

Mooflue April 30, 2016

"I'm on this medication I get 200 mg at night and 100 mg during day the one at night doesn't help me sleep still awake at 2 am the morning dose makes me tired so not sure if helps with insomnia"

Tracey b111 April 24, 2016

"I have been taking this medicine for more that 5 years and works perfect for me!"

Reed82 April 23, 2016

"Excellent medication to aide in a good nights sleep"

AUB1 April 21, 2016

"I'm on 350 MG for PTSD With recurring nightmares. This medicine really works. It's like being put out with gas before a surgery. It's black sleep. No dreams and uninterrupted sleep."

Aceman1991 April 8, 2016

"I do not have depression, anxiety etc. But I do have occasional insomnia. Someone told me to try Seroquel and I did. Best stuff ever for insomnia. I've tried the XR 25mg & 50mg. Both work but I have to take early enough because the drowsy effect is long lasting. But best sleep ever!!"

Sleepless in Texas7 April 8, 2016

"This medication works great for those with cronic insomnia. My only complaint is weight gain which for me was not an option since I work hard at watching my weight. I was taking 50 mg and had nightmares with talking in my sleep. I since stopped taking nightly and only use after I can't sleep for a few days. However, almost each time I take it I have the verbal nightmares. Keep in mind these r my side effects and may not happen to you, as far as a sleep aid it works great."

Sleepless in New Orleans March 14, 2016

"This works great. I was on 300mg for insomnia. Since I started working I'm only taking 150mg. I fall asleep about 30 min after taking it. No problems getting up in the morning. Also, not groggy after 7-8 hrs of sleep."

Strych9 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

"Use to take occasional aids natural herbs and such when needed which was from months to days depending on stress and issues at the time. This has been all my adult life. Eventually I can get it under control. Fast forward to this past year. Got severely sick with some stomach parasites, lots about 20% weight and did not sleep but maybe half hour a day and an occasional 5-10 minute nap for several months, basically for 2 weeks straight I was fortunate if I could get 30 minutes. May natural stuff was not working. So my friend let me try his for the last few months - works. Took a few days to get use to. 25 mg works for me, with 12mg I get 3 hours, with 37.5mg about 14-18 hours. STRESS is the key, lower it is the better it works."

straight shooter February 10, 2016

"I have been on quetiapine 50mg for 2 years now for insomnia. Along with mirtaz 15, olimelt 5, klonopin 0.5 for depression, anxiety, and insomnia. It works great for me. I sleep well for 8-9 hours and feel fresh in the morning."

Chandan555 February 10, 2016

"I've been taking quetiapine 75mg at night due to my severe post natal depression and anxiety. I've been taking quetiapine for 6 months now and it has been an amazing medication for me to help me sleep. I've suffered terrible panic and insomnia and now I can finally get some rest."

nikkidwallywoo February 5, 2016

"Because of my adhd I couldnt sleep at night. With this medication I get a full night of sleep and I can finally enjoy daytime. It's amazing. I use 12.5mg."

Jacqeline January 24, 2016

"I have been taking 25 mg for sleep for over 15 years. I have found that if I take it about 30 to 45 minutes before eating I get sleepy much faster than if I take the medication near bedtime.."

wy-oldtimer (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2016