User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 4)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Major Depressive Disorder
5.9

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 7.3 1,225 reviews

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Depression: "I agree with previous poster...these reviews look badly faked. "Seroqel saved my life! " "This drug saved my life!" Seroqel does not inspire the kind of robotic (yes) automated rubbish in these reviews. Who reads them? Take it only as a last resort for sleep. Try to ignore the severe appetite stimulating effects or you will gain LARGE amounts of weight. It helps me sleep. Not pleasantly. Not without vivid, lucid dark heavy awful dreams/nightmares. If I wasn't having counselling/ hadn't enormous faith in my psychiatrist I wouldn't be on it. Big pharma stoops and stoops and still stoops lower."

Renpen (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Never felt as good about life as I do now."

andrewclean49 February 5, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "My daughter began taking 400mg of Seroquel when she was 17 years old. The first year she gained over 40 pounds. Her doctor recognized that the weight gain was contributing to her depression. He prescribed Topamax. My understanding is that Topamax is normally used to treat seizures but this medication also helps with impulsivity (which she struggles with as well). A side effect is that it’s an appetite suppressant, or at least that’s how it effects my daughter. She currently takes 100 mg a day and is back down to her regular weight. I hope others can safely be prescribe this medication if their doctors find it appropriate."

Boo’s Mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews for seroquel for depression and panic/anxiety. That is why I was prescribed it 2x a day and I didn't take it very long. Everyone is different, I'm glad it works for others, for me I was extremely tired 24/7, had to force myself to get up and stay up and do anything, I felt like I was out of it like it wasn't even to help me mentally and emotionally but like I took a street drug. I was so tired and forcing myself to stay up. I couldn't do anything luckily I didn't have a job at the time. This drug did not help me. Everyones different though, I'm sure it has helped others. To me its like seroquel=sleep."

mae77 (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have been quetiapine for just over a month. It was prescribed for me by a psychiatrist as I have OCD. The outcome has been amazing, I cannot believe that it seems to have taken 'the edge off' the severe anxiety I had as a result of my OCD. I don't feel spaced out but there is a feeling of 'numbness' I guess is the only way that I could describe it in my head. My psychiatrist has increased the dosage from 75mg to 100mg but I think I may just stay at 75mg as I don't want to feel 'out of it'. I would recommend it to anyone who has severe OCD. Prior to taking this medication I was at rock bottom unable to get dressed and had no appetite. I feel as though I have got my life back. I would prefer not to be on medication but it is the best option as the alternative is feeling so low and depressed as a result of the anxiety caused from my OCD ."

Miss K63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "the reason I'm rating this drug 10/10 is that it does not stab you in the back , and it does not ask for increased doses , it works all the time , and kicks in fast , and makes you feel euphoric combined with sleepiness. If stayed awake more than 30 minutes after taking it , you will feel hungry , so if you are worried about gaining weight just take it and sleep. Find your correct dose that works well , and remember good sleep equals good mood. If you feel sleepy the next day , thats if ' drink some coffee + 1 cup of water. And remember to do 20 minutes of exercise every day just not before going to sleep and you will feel batter 100%"

Light_bringer January 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed trazodone originally for sleep. It was effective at first, but when my anxiety and depression got worse, it wasn't helping with my sleep issues. My doctor then prescribed 50 mg Quetiapine fumarate (Seroquel) for sleep, and I have been sleeping better and longer. If you get up during the night, you may feel woozy so be careful."

Baubie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "First, I'm not schizophrenic, nor have I been diagnosed as bipolar.. I take this for drug induced anxiety I was initially given Seroquel XR because I exhibited rapid speech & a disorganized thought pattern during my (continual) intoxication by kratom. Kratom is a 'natural', legal substance with opioid and stimulant qualities. Well, I noticed right off that Seroquel XR calmed my racing thoughts. I saw this as a benefit -- but the next move was for me to quit using kratom. I got help for that via SUBOXONE, which I'm still on. My whole life & way of thinking took a sharp turn for the better. I remain on the Seroquel XR, along with the SUBOXONE. When I questioned the continued need for Seroquel XR, my Dr. simply said, "Look, you're doing great. Why change a thing?" And he's right. So Seroquel XR remains a part of my daily recipe for success."

Tom Granthauser (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on and off seroquel several times over the last 10 years. I have a comorbid diagnosis of ptsd and bipolar type 2. I have had great success with this medication! It helps me sleep, keeps me balanced, and allows me to focus and concentrate without jumbled up thoughts. I have been able to avoid weight gain and metabolic issues thus far while on seroquel. For people struggling with weight on this med I suggest drinking lots and lots of water (1st thing in the morning, start chugging). I try and intake as much fiber as I can throughout the day, this includes a benefiber supplement. I am a vegetarian so I eat a lot of plant based/whole foods. For me this works but I do have to remain aware of what I eat because it does seem to slow down the metabolism."

Dlemon January 28, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "27 y/o male here. I have a diagnosis of Borderline PD and Bipolar Affective, and I use quetiapine for both. I'm on 150mg, of which 100mg is XL and 50mg is IR for sleep. This drug is extremely effective in treating mood disturbance, acute depressive episodes and general anxiety or exacerbations of BPD. I increase my dose every time I trigger acutely and it calms me down. Drawback are I get hypotension from the XL, meaning I feel feint, dizzy and nauseas multiple times a day. Last but not least, I gained 40lbs whilst on it. Were it not for the weight and the hypotension it'd be the perfect med- insanely effective and highly recommended."

charliezzz (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 28, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug has changed my life. I'm on 300 mg and find it helps me sleep and stops me from becoming stupidly manic. I haven't gained any weight but I go to the gym and walk every day, so I'm very active. My only complaint is it takes me quite a while to wake up in the mornings. I'm also on 300 mg of Lamictal."

Anonymous January 26, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I am on 50mg morning and 200mg night as well as zopiclone and diazepam 5mg when required. I have not started zopiclone dose as nobody sticks to it lol. I think the quetiapine is helping as I feel less anxiety and paranoia generally than I did before. My focus is better at work. I think I would benefit from a higher dose but the doctors don't think there will be any benefit only harsher side effects."

Pezzo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was 7 1/2 stone wearing a size 10 and 5' 8 1/2. Yes I was under weight but food was something I never really thought about. I was either hyper or depressed. So the consultant decided to put me on seroquel (quetiapine). I am now 15st and a size 20 tell me how I am meant to be happy to take this drug."

Caro!23 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "It does help with sleeping and my brain was so calm BUT I was only on 25 mg and I gained 15 pounds in 3 months. I was constantly hungry but even if I only ate salad it would just keep me at the same weight. It was the gross cellulite chunky fat! My metabolism and thyroid was changed. I went off Seroquel to stop my body from changing so much."

Shanny5150 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "It works but lightly , I use to take prozac 6 years ago and then nothing for at leat 4 years, after consulting my doctor I decided to try this as for manic depression , but it is not efficiency as you would think it is, the running thoughts, it comes and goes but still strikes.."

Udontwanaknow (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

For Insomnia: "A very calming and relaxing drowsiness from 50mg about an hour after dosing."

ow7en (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2018

For Insomnia: "After being on trazodone and that having a half/half success rate, my prescriber put me on 50mg of quetiapine nightly. It completely calms me before bed, gives me at least 8 hours of sleep, and wake up feeling refreshed."

ow7en (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed in 1992, bipolar disorder, tried everything that was available at that time. Finally about 10+ years ago, started seroquel 25mg. Have been taking ever since, up to 400mg at night. It has been very good for me. I also take klonopin,topamax, sonata,&wellbutrin. Finally the right cocktail! And, now, I have moved to a different county, and they want to take me off “slowly “ the meds that have helped me. Just the thought makes me want to panic. Already reduced seroquel to 300mg. My klonopin from 4mg (2am-2pm) to 1 1/2mg . I’m so glad that I got my Med marijuana card last year, so off I go to the MMD !!!"

lndajo (taken for 10 years or more) January 11, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Asperger's. I was prescribed this medication due to severe and sustained intrusive thoughts that related to violence against myself and others that sadly became reality. After only a week or two on Seroquel, the thoughts have diminished greatly, my anxiety is lower and I can now focus very well in school. I take this with 50mg Zoloft and face no issues. I am starting to feel like my life is starting to get back to normal. The first few days it is very hard to wake up but that passes quickly. I would recommend taking it at least 3 or 4 hours before you go to bed so it does not hit you as bad in the morning."

Charles H (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2018

For Insomnia: "A psychiatrist prescribed this me after I expressed that I was having an incredibly hard time sleeping due to anxiety. I wouldn't recommend it. I couldn't feel any emotions for the remainder of the day. I felt drunk. When I tried to fall asleep, I'd get this "electric shock" feeling every five minutes and jolt awake. Unless you're having severe problems, or you're experiencing hallucinations or delusions, I wouldn't recommend taking this to anyone. And I wouldn't recommend taking it for anxiety or depression."

nicolexo January 7, 2018

For Insomnia: "Been on seroquel for about 5 months ,it works great ,finally can get a good night sleep. I also used Lunesta as needed, but don't take it too often, but seroquel works good for the most part."

detour12 January 4, 2018

For Insomnia: "Doctor put me on seroquel to help me sleep, and lessen the effects of Cymbalta withdrawal (decreased from 60mg to 30mg at the same time I added 25mg seroquel). Has been about two weeks now. Seemed to be great at first, made me sleep earlier, and made my vivid dreams less terrifying, didn't turn me into a zombie like some people, and even lowered my anxiety (I think). Now I'm experiencing dark thoughts more often and more intensely than I'm used to. It has helped me get on with things in daily life, but I worry the existential dread. I am also more "grayed out" than usual; I complete my tasks and hobbies, but they don't fulfill me as much as they did only two weeks ago."

uniquenicknamessuck December 31, 2017

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been taken it for five years. Major difference. Only things is my weight.and eating and drinking while I was sleeping."

BlaqueCynderella (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2017

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on numerous different bipolar medications but this one was the worst! This medicine landed me in the hospital. I had pain in right waist when I urinated. My creatinine levels were high. And picked up a LOT of weight. I wonder if some of these reviews weren't written by the company itself. It seems there are lots more people struggling with these meds. I weaned off it but now it seems I have bad withdrawals, blood pressure problems, headaches, fainting, dizziness, severe insomnia, heart palpitations, red spots on my skin, my insides feels like they are shaky! I would never ever recommend this"

FOUNDSHEEP December 26, 2017

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel XR saves my life! No more mania and no more suicidal thoughts in the past year of taking this med!it completely squashed my mania and stopped my racing thoughts better than any other medication! I still had some depression for a while, but not nearly as bad! My doctor recently added Lamictal for additional help on the depressive side, and I’ve never felt so stable in my life! Not to mention that Seroquel helps me sleep well for the first time in my life!:)"

VC8 December 22, 2017