User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 4)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 21 reviews 46 medications

5.6
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 1079 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and Generalized anxiety disorder in a residential treatment center. I was dependent on 4mg of klonopin a day, and when I started to taper off the panic attacks and lack of sleep was so UNREAL. My doctor put me on seroquel 25mg twice a day and 50mg at night time. It makes me really tired so it helps me sleep. I used to wake up groggy, but not anymore. overall, great medication. I'm now on 50mg a day as needed, and 50mg at nighttime. Seroquel REALLY helps my panic attacks. The dose I'm at doesn't make me as tired as it used to. I'm on remeron at night time so the two really knock me out. Overall, great medication. Only side effects: bad dry mouth, sleepiness"

hahaha6 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Ambfly made me gain 100lbs in 8mos. I got off of it and started to loose 5lbs a night. My bad episodes got worse. I wish. I had the right information about this drug. If had known about the drug beforehand I would never have taken it"

Suzzie Lu May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I was prescribed Seroquel when I had just recently been put on Buspar for anxiety and was not feeling beneficial effects yet. It was a break glass in case of emergency medication for me. Thankfully, the Buspar did not take too long to kick in and I only had to take a few of the Seroquel. It has been a few years since then and I still had the mostly full bottle with me. My new doctor decided to stop refilling my Trazodone for 4 months and so I started taking Seroquel again at night to help me sleep. It did help me sleep and did wonders for my anxiety and occasional racing thoughts, however over the course of a month, I managed to gain 40 lbs. I have since run out and am happily taking Trazodone again, but I have not lost any of this weight. I was not terribly excited about my weight before and now I'm nearing 200 lbs, which is not a healthy weight for me."

stephthepanda (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I don't understand all the negative reviews. For me this pill has worked well. It's calmed me right down and has been blissful at moments. It's expensive unfortunately. As for weight gain, I've noticed that it's pretty neutral... Granted I'm weaning off of Zoloft as well so who knows but I find with medications with 'weight gain' as a side effect just trying your hardest to eat a well balanced diet will prevent it. It's too easy to give up and say oh well I'm gonna get fat - - it's very much not the case. Don't give up, if you're bipolar like me there's a chance you can do a lot with your brain so give it a shot and take your life back. I think much more clearly and am more productive. The overwhelming tiredness subsided after one week."

Patient 2545865 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "So vivid in detail, from some, but, give this medication time. This drug had me feeling some wacked out, like on a boat sensation. Just light headed and motion sickness. I was told "six weeks" so instead of stopping it, which I dearly wanted to - I didn't. And to this day approx four years I thank myself, I didn't.. yes its heavy handed. But now I have nearly no racing thoughts, which drove me to suicidal tendancies, my mind never stopped it was like a TV on in the back ground. Next, sleep, sleep, peaceful sleep, I did crave sugar BUT NO WEIGHT GAIN. This drug is just broadly so good. This drug and a couple others balanced me. The racing thoughts Seroquel number one, but Ritalin was also something I am grateful for."

Willow Breeze April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "In my experience Quitapine is most effective for regulating sleep. 25mg a day before bed is all you need, anymore seems far too much and can make you very sedated and a very constant sluggish and lazy feeling throughout the whole day. I've had real problems with not sleeping and this stuff knocks me out for the best nights sleep. I'm not sure how or if it truly helps with intense mood changes, depression or rebalancing serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain, what it's designed to do, because I still have issues with stability and mood changes etc but it definitely helps with regulating sleep and that in itself plays a huge beneficial part on my mental health. Quitapine is the best so far, I've tried 8 different medications for Bpd."

Mr L SHAW April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was just put on this medication.. my friends , family and myself noticed a difference.. I am on 25mgs 2 x a day and 100mg at night.. helps me big time .. it helps me big time.. I don't have the heart.beating out of my chest feelings"

Yodagirl April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am currently on 25mg taken 2 hours before bed for insomnia. I have found it to be very sedating and sleep for the entire night. On the first night, around the 2 hour mark after taking, I was not able to function properly. Cleaning my teeth and preparing my clothes for the morning was a big effort. Light headedness and dizzy. I have noticed others have had intense dreams/nightmares while on this medication and I did too. The following day, I feel lethargic and drained despite a full night sleep. I have rated it a 7 because it certainly works to relieve my insomnia, but the cluster of side effects are frustrating. I would recommend trying it for the first time when you have the following days free and are not working and adjusting."

Cherry_cola April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Only lasted 2 weeks at the lowest dose, stopped because the side effects were so intolerable. Took in the evening, but still had trouble staying awake during the day, and felt like a total zombie when I did. May have given this a couple more weeks to see if it would have worn off had I not gained 15 lbs. as well (with no appetite change - I wasn't awake long enough to eat more!). I was already 35lbs overweight from meds as it was, & when I med chunks me up, it doesn't stop. Only reason it gets 2 stars is that it kicked my chronic insomnia's butt."

Gone Bananas (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "For years I struggled with finding the right medication to help treat my bipolar disorder. Olanzapine basically turned me into Sleeping Beauty. I take 200mg of Seroquel, three times a day. Keeps me nice and level"

Niloufar53 (taken for 10 years or more) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have Bipolar, most the time being on Seroquel has helped settle my racing thoughts, helps me sleep at night, and helps me regulate my moods. At times I still get the highs and lows but not as severe without Seroquel. The side effects that I get is dry mouth, dry skin, increased appetite and High Cholestrol. Most of the time this medication helps me out."

AlouiseH April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I am bipolar 1, and take 400mg per day of quetiapine XR. I take this in combination with 200mg of lamotrigine. This combination is highly effective. The XR version of quetiapine is far superior to the immediate release version. Side effects are lessened with XR. There is some weight gain I am experiencing however I am controling, and even losing the weight, with a strict diet and daily, strenuous exercise with weights. If you do not exercise and eat right on this medication there is a strong chance there will be very noticeable weight gain. That said, quetiapine XR is highly effective at stopping acute mania (in larger doses), and maintaining a baseline mood at my current dosage. I recommend trying this medication for controlling mania"

FrankieCasual (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been on quetiapine for years for bipolar. I started having really. Bad problems with sleeping. They upped my dose a few times, now I'm on 600 mg and still having trouble getting asleep. I've been on so many pills for sleep and nothing has worked, I'm running out of choices, getting really irritated, I need sleep"

Missylee1970 (taken for 10 years or more) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "So relieved to have found this. I've been suffering with inconsistent sleep/insomnia for months because of severe anxiety. I've been on Prozac for six weeks which is also known to worsen/induce insomnia in early stages. Tried benzos like Diazepam, which of course were helping, but obviously was only prescribed them for a couple of days at a time due to addictive properties. Doctor suggested Seroquel at a low dose (25mg) at night for sleep and it worked wonders immediately. Within a week I have found that I now need 50-75mg for adequate sleep though, but the doctor is fine with me using up to 100mg for sleep, particularly as I'm not using it during the day. No nasty side effects but has made my appetite return with a vengeance!"

Heidi90 April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I take quetiapine and sertraline, I was taking 200mg Sertraline and 200mg Quetiapine but the weight gain was insane. So cut down to 50mg Q at Christmas and 100mg S. I've recently been very ill with noro virus and had the worst return of symptoms. Suicidal, anxious, racing thoughts and a new one, OCD. So I increased the Quetiapine again to 100mg (made up of 25mg tablets) and I've had what I can only describe as increase effects. Does that even exist? Cold feelings from flight or flight anxiety and agitated feelings."

Gemmimah April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "UK- My Psychiatrist diagnosed Bipolar coming from BPD. So was already on 200mg per day. He wanted me to increase the dose for it to have any impact on mood. 200mg is nothing for a Bipolar illness. Took a 300mg 9pm and woke up at 5 pm the next day!! Seeing as I work I doubt this will be the drug for me especially as I am going up to 600mg."

Anonymous April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've used seroquel for 15 years for insomnia. I wasn't able to use Ambien because I would sleep walk. The only thing that I don't like about seroquel is that I "sleep eat". I will not remember that I have done so until I see a drop of jam and bread crumbs on the kitchen counter. So, I've gained a bit of weight, unfortunately, even though I'm quite active."

Freyja Mojen April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "Definitely calmed me down during the first-time onset of schizophrenia. However it makes me very sleepy, sometimes I sleep 14 hours a day - and when I wake up I feel like I want to sleep even more. Also resulted in a lot of weight gain. Eventually had to stop taking it because of how tired I always was."

voskhod (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed Seroquel (quietiapine) 25mg twice daily for insomnia induced by extreme anxiety. Took it for the first time last night (along with 10mg Ambien as suggested by doc, which wasn't helping alone) around an hour before bed, and had the best sleep I've ever had. 11 hours straight through the night. Woke up quite groggy and sleepy, but it was a first time miracle for me. Took my morning 25mg dose again and slept for another six hours... think my body is catching up on all the sleep I've lost over the last couple months. I'm hungry again too, and actually had quite a bit to eat (while I've been awake for small bursts). Might try not taking the morning dose tomorrow as I don't want to be sleeping all day every."

KatyyyFR April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I take this medication for bipolar, but it also does wonders for generalized anxiety disorder. I have suffered for DECADES with anxiety and panic attacks and SSRIs have stopped working for me. When I started taking seroquel it was like I finally saw color in the black and white world I was living in. My moods are completely under control and my anxiety is controlled for the most part. This medication definitely has side effects. Its a tranquilizer. It makes you very tired. It also made me gain a significant amount of weight...but I would rather deal with the side effects then deal with the horrible anxiety I was living with everyday. I take it before bed...make sure you're able to get at least 8 hours of sleep so you're not groggy the next day"

Anonymous April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Started a week ago and haven't had a panic attack or episode since"

Neasha (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "The Dr.s say there is no withdrawal from seroquel but I know there is! Every time they raise or lower, or take away all together I have days with no sleep, cold sweats, feelings of being overly alert. Thats how I feel when I am completely taken off."

Lexus95 April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "OMG i cannot believe my "psychiatrist" had prescribed me this med at first I was ok I thought it made me feel tired enough to sleep after about an hour and she also let me still be on lorazapam because I was already taking that for my anxiety. Well I have been on these pills 25 mg two times a day for about a month. And I have gained almost 20lbs and when I try to sleep my legs go crazy. I have been having severe restless leg. and I mean my legs would kick hard when I am trying to sleep. So last night my man was trying to keep me calm and tell me it will be ok and he told me to look up the med and the side effects. I am now in tears after reading all the bad effects and its isn't good for anxiety ADHD & mood disorders I hate dr's who know nada."

buddytonkas (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Well, I've been taking quetiapine for insomnia since last week. It did not solve my sleep problems. In fact, in the early days it was more complicated to sleep with my head full of thoughts. Since then, I continue to sleep and wake up very early in the morning. I started on 25 mg, going on to 50 mg, then 75 mg and now 100 mg. For the first two days, I felt a lot of sedation during the day. But now nothing else and still continues sleep problems."

Aimberê Timbal (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this for about 2 months and I've recently been getting extremely tired all day long (even if I take it way earlier the day before). The drowsiness is so extreme that I cant even watch a show. I'm literally struggling to stay awake all day cause I feel like I just wanna sleep my life away. My depression has been through the roof as well! And to top it off, the weight I have gained since I have been on it, has been insane. I constantly wanna eat all the time! I have gained at least 20-30 pounds in the past month or two! I am definitely gonna tell my doctor I want off of it ASAP! I cant take it anymore "

Brittiany April 5, 2017