User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 3)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 19 reviews 46 medications

5.6
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 971 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This is a zombie drug."

Zombie666 December 17, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "This has been a lifesaver for me! It's the first thing that has worked for me and I've been taking 25 mg per day for about 3 weeks without ANY ill side effects."

Georgia girl 22 December 12, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I scarcely leave reviews but I feel compelled to give credit where it is due. I have fought insomnia, anxiety, depression, and a myriad of everything in between for the past 8 years. This has completely changed the game and given me my life back. I can sleep again! I haven't gained any weight in fact I have shed a few pounds due to feeling so amazing and having the energy and wherewithal to get out of bed and tackle my day. I know it doesn't work for everyone but I seriously have tried EVERYTHING- benzos, SSRI, tricyclics, natural, counseling, inpatient rehab. Seroquil wins hands down as it conquers my insomnia which is my worst trait. I noticed a little bit of a short temper at first but that has subsided."

HenricusRexVIII (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "Been on it for about 1 1/2 years for insomnia and mood swings (bipolar 2) Tried a few other drugs but this one works best. I have gained weight but I am a calmer, happier person on it. My sleep schedule has settled over time. Initially I slept too much (10 + hrs) or was tired during day. Settled finally on 2 generic Seroquel XR50's about 3-4 hrs before bed and that works pretty good for me. Don't know why it takes that long to kick in but it works so I don't care about why."

Patty May (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I have crps I developed after 2 major shoulder and bicep surgeries in less then 3 months. I am on fentanyl patches, oxycodone, topamax, baclofen and cymbalta for pain. I was taking ambien at night to sleep. It was giving me 4 hours of restful peaceful sleep if i did not move. ( Moving my shoulder causes severe pain). Dr. was concerned about the sleep walking caused by ambien. She wanted me to try this I have had horrible nights, a terrible drugged feeling. I am aware the world exists all hours of the night. It is causing headaches in my front forehead area. The headache hangs on till well after lunch most days. I actually decided last night I would rather deal with my pain 24 hours a day with no relief then deal with the effects."

Poohbare (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have had PTSD since age 9. I am a severe abuse and torture survivor of 14 years of daily abuse and torture. I tried many medications but this one for me is a life saver. I've had so many anxiety attacks (like heart attacks but not fatal) that my heart is covered in scar tissue. Quetiapine (Seroquil), has stopped a lot of my issues and made me calmer. It's extending my life. I'm thankful for that."

Vegon Brei December 3, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "So I've jut begun the seriquel drug to treat apparent Bipolar disorder, This drug has 110% assisted in my sleeping but thats also the issue, See I HATE sleeping through the day, but since taking this drug every night around 8:30pm I cannot seem to stay awake all day im either EXTREMELY tired and drowsy sleeping, or I am EXTREMELY hungry, I cannot seem to stop my appetite, I have also noticed a strong increase in my aggressiveness I am usually a very calm person, however I have found myself getting angry and or sad at very little, I am contributing this to my current state of drowsiness, however even after a 18 hour shift at work i usually dont get angry, Now this is purely my opinion and my experience and I am yet to speak with my GP"

Rushby December 1, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "My daughter was prescribed this dreadful drug by a supposedly Consultant psychiatrist. Her weight doubled in just over a year. This drug gives you suicidal thoughts and my daughter committed suicide on 16th November 2016. Reading her suicide note was heartbreaking. The Seroquel never helped her in any way so she tried to come off them and the withdrawal effects were horrendous.I believe that her mental condition got worse when she was on this drug. I would never recommend this medicatiion to anyone. I live in the UK."

Ingerlisa December 1, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "That Seroquel "XR" works so fantastically well for my severe GAD/Social Anxiety comes as a surprise to me. I was hesitant st first to use an anti-psychotic for this. Turns out that the "XR" version of Seroquel behaves differently, doesn't have the drawbacks of the 'regular' version. I don't become a zombie on Seroquel XR, in fact I take it in the morning & then go about my day. Within a couple of hours or so I feel Calm-As-a-Cucumber, I stop sweating, no more racing thoughts and even my speech improves. And no heavy sedation. But a warm calmness that I would describe as opiate-like. Seroquel XR is a major, major help to me. Thank god for it."

FrankLeeSpeeking (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 30, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Paranoid Disorder: "This medication did not work for my paranoia, anxiety, depression, and delusions. In fact, it made me feel worse. I started to believe more ridiculous things are going on around me. I actually surprisingly lost a little weight but that could be attributed to quitting breastfeeding in the process. I slept really well on this medicine which was helpful with the intrusive thoughts. I had a problem going from 300mg-400mg. The twitching became extreme....especially in my face. I became severely depressed on this medication because my intrusive thoughts started to feel more real. The only perk to this drug was that it increased my libido. I am now starting a new medication. I guess every person is different"

Momwithproblems (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed this drug at crisis preparation and recovery services in Tempe, Arizona. I was misdiagnosed by her as "bi polar" . While on this medication, alongside with lexapro and klonopin - I gained weight fast and almost suffocated in my sleep. Be careful with this medication, and make sure you see a doctor before considering it - not a louzy nurse practitioner. Although I almost died from the drug, I know that the drug can be used well if the provider knows what they are doing. The NP was not listening to my concerns which should of been red flags,and she was not educated on the subject of medicine enough to prescribe/diagnose. She is now under investigation by the state board and may not be working anymore."

TempeAZ November 28, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I was in hell before these pills. It's been 2 years I have been using works amazing. Just little down mood morning."

Errol can November 28, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "I have been taking seroquel for a couple years and it's the only medication I have found yet that helps my mood swings, insomnia, and tourette syndrome. I have been tried on numerous medications and this is the one for me.."

El1991 November 25, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I take 300mg of serequol xr at night time with antidepressants it puts me to sleep as I wouldn't be able to however I'm knocked out until the morning if I don't take it everyday I get major withdrawals symptoms even if it's on 48 hrs so will be interesting in seeing how I get off it over the next couple of years but has improved sleep and mood"

Teddymack November 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This drug has changed my life, Almost eliminated the obsessive thoughts, still have the occasional bad episode but they have reduced 95%"

Downunderman (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Ive had anxiety, panic, and depression for 8 months. Its been Hell. SSRI's are scary to me, and I had a bad experience with one. I searched non SSRI and found Quetiapine, which is the generic Seroquel. I take 25mg during the day, sometimes twice a day, and 1x25mg at night before bed. Helps calm down the anxiety so I can sleep at night, and function at work during the day. No bad side effects. Small doses almost act like a heavy antihistamine. Makes me a little drowsy, but its worth it to be able to function. If your suffering from anxiety, dont be scared to take this medication! Do yourself a favor and just be brave and do it. You will feel better. Nobody wants to take pills, but sometimes enough is enough and we need help."

stout1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I've been on this drug for four years, and I will admit, it did help me out at first. I was deeply depressed and going through some major life changing situations. As this calmed down and I developed spiritually, emotionally and mentally, I gradually decreased the dose. I was on 100mg the first year, the second year, 50mg, the third, 25mg, and the fourth, 12.5mg (cutting the 25mg pill in half.) I just got off of it two days ago, and I feel like a new person. I had no idea how much it tampered with my mind. I was in a fog for FOUR YEARS. Although I'm sleep deprived, achy, and irritable from the withdrawals (this med's withdrawals are heinous) I feel better than I have in four years. I do not recommend this drug- save your mind!"

Elaine_M November 21, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I've been on this medication for 5-6 years now on a large dose of 800mh a night! It's the only medication that has worked for me. Sleep slot but my big main problem is weight gain! I went from 65kg up to 122kg in the years of taking it! I keep active and have a terrific diet I just can't seem to loose any weight so for me I'm at a place of wondering if I should swap for something else and risk it. Fat and happy or thin and crazy?"

BrockyBear (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 18, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "OK I've been undiagnosed and put on anti anxietys and just left with no review of meds for 18 years. I have managed to change drs or let them ignore me or masked symptoms as I myself was a mental health nurse so unconsciously or maybe again I maybe ignored my behaviour. Anyway what I'm saying is I've tried a lot prescribed a lot and have to admit until 3 years ago when I started a new anxiety med and seeing a Dr who I didn't have to keep explaining often wrongly. So sertraline started making me clearer in thought and helped my recovery to start. I begged the dr to look at the cycles too look at the patterns of highs lows. And finally I was put on quintiapine! I can sleep when I need to at normal times and have to admit it changed my bi polar."

Leesoo November 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "Knocked me out like a light after an hour and a half of taking it 100mg for a mouth"

Teddy1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I take 600mg at night, the XR slow release version made me very dizzy, so I take the immediate release version. Anxiety is completely gone, I sleep well, and along with the Effexor SSRI I'm back to my normal happy self. It saved my life"

SillyJilly November 14, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "Bipolar 2. Seroquel XL 400mg at night for last 5 years. Quetiapine has been great for me. I no longer get any more than slightly hypomanic and don't get depressed at all. My anxiety and paranoia have disappeared altogether. I take it with 75mg venlafaxine 2 hours before bed time and sleep like a log with very little hangover the next day. Side effects - after 2 hours of taking very dry mouth and unsteady on feet, weight gain - put on a stone all round my middle. It is the only medication that has worked for me. The disadvantage is if you need to get up in the night, your tongue sticks to the side of your mouth which makes you slur and you can't think straight."

Sarah(UK) (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 10, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I recently was admitted to a Psych Ward for a suicide ideation/attempt. I've previously been diagnosed with ADHD and Borderline Personality Disorder. I was taking 70mg Vyvanse 1x a day, 300mg Wellbutrin XR 1x a day in the morning and 20mg of Paxil 1x before bed . The psychiatrist in the hospital discontinued the Paxil and prescribed 100mg Luvox 2x a day and 50mg Seroquel before bed. I've been taking the medication for 9 days. I wake up tired and feel tired the whole day. I also feel jittery but that could be because I drink caffeinated beverages to help stay awake. My Hope is these effects wear off."

Prylux November 9, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "After seven and some odd years as a machine gunner (0331) in the Marine Corps, three deployments, and a purple heart later, i fimd myself very grateful for medications such as seroquel. I am currently prescribed 50mg (1 pill) of seroquel (50mg tablets) a night but usually take take up to 150mg. I will rarely mix it with 400-3200mg (per serv) of gabapentin; Also 20mg of Fluoxotine every morning and 300mg of lithium two tablets a day - quiet the sedating cocktail. Don't necessarily have a specific question - however, i am a veteran and noticed some other on here; so I am curious as to any others experiences with these meds or any like it."

Cpl Gill, USMC RET. 05-12 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I take 300mg of XR, have for about two years now: 150 before bed and 150 midday (300 before bed was suppressing REM sleep). It has managed symptoms such as severe suicidal impulses/ideation, however overall I find that it barely sedates me. So I also take 10mg of Maximum strength Melatonin which seems to work in conjunction with the medication to allow me to sleep. Overall it seems to be somewhat effective, although I would like to take a higher dose or switch to another medication, however my doctor wants to eventually taper me off of it completely. Previously I have been unable to afford my medication and went without for 32 or so hours, the withdrawal was HORRIBLE, I felt sick then tried to sleep and couldn't due to severe spins/vertigo."

UWin November 7, 2016