User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 3)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Major Depressive Disorder
5.9

Summary of Quetiapine reviews 7.3 1,211 reviews

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This has helped me immensely in combo with lexapro to treat anxiety and depression"

jensrda February 15, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I've found it fantastic. I take 75mg in morning again at lunchtime and 300mg at night"

Mandp430 February 14, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I've been taking Seroquel for a long time. It destroyed my life. It's addictive because when you stop taking it you'll never be able to sleep again. There's no getting off of it. I sleep in till 2 to 5 pm every day. I'm sluggish all day. It never helped with any of my symptoms of schizophrenia. It makes me crave sugar immensely. This drug is very dangerous. You have to be very careful when taking it. Don't drive or be around people you don't know or trust. Let's just say I could sleep through anything. This drug should be illegal even if it does help some people with their mental illness. There are other things people can take. Risperdal for example does wonders for me. I'm working with my doctor on getting off of Seroquel. I didn't do it sooner because I'm so sick I can barely accomplish anything really. I just want to say to all schizophrenics I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that NOBODY has any idea of what's happening to you."

Suraya Jada (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 13, 2018

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Tried Seraquel ten years ago. Ended up driving when my body when into SEVERE convulsions. Was barely able to turn around and drive back home. Then, recently, ten years later I was prescribed SEROQUEL XR. Again. I didn’t make the connection to the first time. Took the 100mg dosage two nights ago. Uncontrollable convulsions and seizures. I have restless leg syndrome and my legs were flying all around. No way to lie down and sleep, so I walked around the house for four hours, occasionally I sitting at my desk for a bit. No sleep. Then, the next day I suffered the entire day suffering from cognitive dissonance. I kept going in and out of “the moment.” And I would spend about thirty seconds in this state, then return for a minute or two. This cycle went on all day long. Third day now and back to “normal.” Not taking anything now."

Felix99 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "All began well and I was on a small dose for a while. Then I had a relapse and we upped the dosage. Then I started awful side effects every night after taking it! Then my Mum came to stay and said "It's the medication." So I called my shrink and asked to go off it and he said OK- no more side effects!"

Neuromancer (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm not from a company or anything, just want to share my honest opinion. I went into a severe bipolar depression and nothing was helping. Tried quetiapine, it knocked me out, took one before bed and unlike other pills this doesn't make me feel groggy in the morning, I wake up with a clear head, but yeah, it does make you want to eat a lot, but just go to sleep don't act on the cravings, a bit of dry mouth for me and that's it, mood is improving by a lot. So yeah, not that bad compared to other drugs I've been on. Toodles."

alister12345 February 12, 2018

For Insomnia: "Love this medication. I take 12.5 - 25 mg seroquel at night 1-2 hours before bed. I've struggled with sleep problems my whole life (in my early thirties now). This has been the best sleep I've ever had since I started taking it 3 years ago. I found that the 25 mg full tab was too strong with me, so now I usually just cut the tablet in half and it works great. I also take 200 mg lamictal and 10 mg adderall ER in the morning for my mood disorder and ADD. I haven't had any negative side effects from adding the seroquel. No weight gain, no diabetes, no RLS. I am surprised by some of the articles I've read saying seroquel is not safe/effective for treating insomnia. Maybe they need to try a lower dose for some people? I can't say enough good things about it."

NV (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2018

For Insomnia: "Worked a little too well, slept 20 hours. I thought this was prescribed for psychosis but my pdoc said it was for sleep. I'd recommend it if you have severe insomnia but otherwise not. Quite a bit of weight gain too."

moadej (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2018

For Insomnia: "The quetiapine helped me to sleep but it also gain weight and high sugar level every morning, since I'm a diabetes patient I can't have quetiapine raise my glucose in my body. So I stopped it, keeping my glucose at a reasonable level is a lot more important that sleep."

Luasi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

For Insomnia: "KEEP AWAY! Highly effective, BUT highly DANGEROUS (cannot emphasize enough). I was on only 50mg as needed for just a month. I usually slept about 7-8 hours, occasionally 9-10. Thought it was a miracle! But I had acute akathisia (severe restlessness) each time I took it. Now weeks after stopping, I now am stuck with tardive dyskinesia in the tongue, jaw, eyes, and fingers, and tardive, potentially chronic akathisia, that has made the initial problem of insomnia far worse, quite ironically. Every solution so far, Vitamin B6, Propanolol, and Benadryl, to treat the restlessness has worked for only a short period. Will have to see what the Psych. prescribes next. At the age of 19, hopefully my life won't be ruined by Big Pharma before it even started."

COLLEGE-STUDENT (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2018

For Insomnia: "I started on 25mg which knocked me out for 12 hours then after a few months had to go up to 50mg and now up to 75mg it works wonders for me other then my body getting use to it"

Phoes February 5, 2018

For Depression: "I agree with previous poster...these reviews look badly faked. "Seroqel saved my life! " "This drug saved my life!" Seroqel does not inspire the kind of robotic (yes) automated rubbish in these reviews. Who reads them? Take it only as a last resort for sleep. Try to ignore the severe appetite stimulating effects or you will gain LARGE amounts of weight. It helps me sleep. Not pleasantly. Not without vivid, lucid dark heavy awful dreams/nightmares. If I wasn't having counselling/ hadn't enormous faith in my psychiatrist I wouldn't be on it. Big pharma stoops and stoops and still stoops lower."

Renpen (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Never felt as good about life as I do now."

andrewclean49 February 5, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "My daughter began taking 400mg of Seroquel when she was 17 years old. The first year she gained over 40 pounds. Her doctor recognized that the weight gain was contributing to her depression. He prescribed Topamax. My understanding is that Topamax is normally used to treat seizures but this medication also helps with impulsivity (which she struggles with as well). A side effect is that it’s an appetite suppressant, or at least that’s how it effects my daughter. She currently takes 100 mg a day and is back down to her regular weight. I hope others can safely be prescribe this medication if their doctors find it appropriate."

Boo’s Mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews for seroquel for depression and panic/anxiety. That is why I was prescribed it 2x a day and I didn't take it very long. Everyone is different, I'm glad it works for others, for me I was extremely tired 24/7, had to force myself to get up and stay up and do anything, I felt like I was out of it like it wasn't even to help me mentally and emotionally but like I took a street drug. I was so tired and forcing myself to stay up. I couldn't do anything luckily I didn't have a job at the time. This drug did not help me. Everyones different though, I'm sure it has helped others. To me its like seroquel=sleep."

mae77 (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have been quetiapine for just over a month. It was prescribed for me by a psychiatrist as I have OCD. The outcome has been amazing, I cannot believe that it seems to have taken 'the edge off' the severe anxiety I had as a result of my OCD. I don't feel spaced out but there is a feeling of 'numbness' I guess is the only way that I could describe it in my head. My psychiatrist has increased the dosage from 75mg to 100mg but I think I may just stay at 75mg as I don't want to feel 'out of it'. I would recommend it to anyone who has severe OCD. Prior to taking this medication I was at rock bottom unable to get dressed and had no appetite. I feel as though I have got my life back. I would prefer not to be on medication but it is the best option as the alternative is feeling so low and depressed as a result of the anxiety caused from my OCD ."

Miss K63 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "the reason I'm rating this drug 10/10 is that it does not stab you in the back , and it does not ask for increased doses , it works all the time , and kicks in fast , and makes you feel euphoric combined with sleepiness. If stayed awake more than 30 minutes after taking it , you will feel hungry , so if you are worried about gaining weight just take it and sleep. Find your correct dose that works well , and remember good sleep equals good mood. If you feel sleepy the next day , thats if ' drink some coffee + 1 cup of water. And remember to do 20 minutes of exercise every day just not before going to sleep and you will feel batter 100%"

Light_bringer January 31, 2018

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed trazodone originally for sleep. It was effective at first, but when my anxiety and depression got worse, it wasn't helping with my sleep issues. My doctor then prescribed 50 mg Quetiapine fumarate (Seroquel) for sleep, and I have been sleeping better and longer. If you get up during the night, you may feel woozy so be careful."

Baubie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "First, I'm not schizophrenic, nor have I been diagnosed as bipolar.. I take this for drug induced anxiety I was initially given Seroquel XR because I exhibited rapid speech & a disorganized thought pattern during my (continual) intoxication by kratom. Kratom is a 'natural', legal substance with opioid and stimulant qualities. Well, I noticed right off that Seroquel XR calmed my racing thoughts. I saw this as a benefit -- but the next move was for me to quit using kratom. I got help for that via SUBOXONE, which I'm still on. My whole life & way of thinking took a sharp turn for the better. I remain on the Seroquel XR, along with the SUBOXONE. When I questioned the continued need for Seroquel XR, my Dr. simply said, "Look, you're doing great. Why change a thing?" And he's right. So Seroquel XR remains a part of my daily recipe for success."

Tom Granthauser (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on and off seroquel several times over the last 10 years. I have a comorbid diagnosis of ptsd and bipolar type 2. I have had great success with this medication! It helps me sleep, keeps me balanced, and allows me to focus and concentrate without jumbled up thoughts. I have been able to avoid weight gain and metabolic issues thus far while on seroquel. For people struggling with weight on this med I suggest drinking lots and lots of water (1st thing in the morning, start chugging). I try and intake as much fiber as I can throughout the day, this includes a benefiber supplement. I am a vegetarian so I eat a lot of plant based/whole foods. For me this works but I do have to remain aware of what I eat because it does seem to slow down the metabolism."

Dlemon January 28, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "27 y/o male here. I have a diagnosis of Borderline PD and Bipolar Affective, and I use quetiapine for both. I'm on 150mg, of which 100mg is XL and 50mg is IR for sleep. This drug is extremely effective in treating mood disturbance, acute depressive episodes and general anxiety or exacerbations of BPD. I increase my dose every time I trigger acutely and it calms me down. Drawback are I get hypotension from the XL, meaning I feel feint, dizzy and nauseas multiple times a day. Last but not least, I gained 40lbs whilst on it. Were it not for the weight and the hypotension it'd be the perfect med- insanely effective and highly recommended."

charliezzz (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 28, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug has changed my life. I'm on 300 mg and find it helps me sleep and stops me from becoming stupidly manic. I haven't gained any weight but I go to the gym and walk every day, so I'm very active. My only complaint is it takes me quite a while to wake up in the mornings. I'm also on 300 mg of Lamictal."

Anonymous January 26, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I am on 50mg morning and 200mg night as well as zopiclone and diazepam 5mg when required. I have not started zopiclone dose as nobody sticks to it lol. I think the quetiapine is helping as I feel less anxiety and paranoia generally than I did before. My focus is better at work. I think I would benefit from a higher dose but the doctors don't think there will be any benefit only harsher side effects."

Pezzo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was 7 1/2 stone wearing a size 10 and 5' 8 1/2. Yes I was under weight but food was something I never really thought about. I was either hyper or depressed. So the consultant decided to put me on seroquel (quetiapine). I am now 15st and a size 20 tell me how I am meant to be happy to take this drug."

Caro!23 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2018

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "It does help with sleeping and my brain was so calm BUT I was only on 25 mg and I gained 15 pounds in 3 months. I was constantly hungry but even if I only ate salad it would just keep me at the same weight. It was the gross cellulite chunky fat! My metabolism and thyroid was changed. I went off Seroquel to stop my body from changing so much."

Shanny5150 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2018