User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 3)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 21 reviews 46 medications

5.6
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 1079 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Insomnia: "I've been on Seroquel/Quatiapine for several years for chronic insomnia. I take 50-100 mg 2 hours before bedtime. It is the ONLY thing that has helped me sleep through the night. Periodically a new doc will try the latest sedative on me. The latest was Bellsra. A distill failure that cost me two weeks of sleep. I have Fibromyalgia so lack of sleep leads to a major pain flare up. I'm coping with that still 3 weeks later. I've recently started 5HTP and Kavinace Ultra supplements. I'm hoping to wean myself off Seroquel because the weight gain SUCKS!"

KYS (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I just started taking 100mg quetiapine to help me sleep. Only been on it 5 days. I suffer from anxiety-sometimes severe, depression-sometimes severe & severe pain from severe osteoarthritis, severe back pain from multiple surgeries & degenerate disc disease. Anyway, thus far quetiapine seems to help me sleep somewhat. Still waking up too early, average 4 hours sleep per night & I feel real foggy. Not sure what to do cause I was taking trazadon which helped me sleep but nasty stuff. So from a lot of reviews I've read here it seems quetiapine affects a lot of people differently. I'm so scared of it yet I'm exhausted from lack of sleep which causes me more anxiety & depression. I've not gotten a decent night's sleep in months. Any suggestions?"

Virginia Redhead (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "Out of all the anti-psychotics I have taken, Seroquel makes me feel the most normal! I was on put on Geodon originally in 2012 when I had my first psychotic break. The Geodon made me gain 60 lb eventually caused insomnia, binge eating, and heavy drinking. Drugs like Fanapt and Lutuda made me more depressed/mind rush. I was put on Seroquel in 2015. My binge eating disorder continued, and I gained 40 lbs that year :/. It made me feel a million times better than Geodon though. I was able to stop popping Xanax and klonopin everyday. I eventually stopped binge eating in October, 2016 and lost the 40lbs. Currently I take 600mg of seroquel and 100mg of Zoloft, and .5 mg of Xanax at night as needed to quiet my thoughts."

Paranoid Schizophrenic (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Only take when needed. Mainly for it's sedative effects, though that doesn't always seem to work. Especially if I've been taking them for a few days in a row."

Darkness^6 June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "No issues but worried about recent articles of secondary usage."

Bananana (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I took Quetiapine (Seroquel) for a little over a year. The pro's of this medication are that it helps me sleep and seems to tackle bipolar depression quite nicely. It also seems to make me less volatile and capricious. The con's unfortunately became too much. I gained over 50 pounds during my time on the drug, my blood pressure sky-rocketed and no amount of healthy eating or exercise helped me lose weight and keep it off. I have the appetite of a racehorse when I take it in the evening and my binging became dangerous. I also sustained a number of injuries to my legs and feet because my body couldn't keep up with the rapid weight gain during exercise. It's a good med, but be mindful that it causes weight gain!"

charliezzz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I've been treatment resistant to everything but this. It saved my life. Only problem is the slight weight gain and dry skin."

Bulma (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I took 100mg of XR and it worked pretty well to stabilize my bipolar tendencies. However, it made the whole world feel bland and neutral... nothing in my life felt particularly exciting or even depressing. Also, if I didn't sleep at least 10h per night, I would feel drowsy and out of it the next day. I was literally a walking zombie and waking up in the morning was a true battle. My doc told me that the tiredness would go away after a couple of weeks/months but after a little more than 7 months the effects were still the same so I stopped taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on seroquel XR 50mg for the past 8 months for Generalised Anxiety Disorder and intrusive racing thoughts. Only take it in the evening before bedtime. This helps me sleep through the night and not wake up in the middle of the night with panic/anxiety issues! It is somewhat sedating, and do have issues waking up in the morning, but coffee helps. I didn't gain any weight on it as it helps me get going during the day on things that would usually drive me into a panic situation! I actually enjoy going out for walks and socialising now as opposed to being apprehensive and terrified of (insert intrusive thoughts)! Needs some adjustments occasionally; on weeks I'm doing well I only take half of the 50mg dose and do Ok."

FrazzledFox (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "My family member has been on the brand name Seroquel XR since 2009. When Accord Healthcare came out with their generic version in Nov 2016, she had to get the generic in Jan. 2017 until she could get approved for the AZ & Me PAP. I can tell you that the generic does not have the same efficacy as the brand name as she started experiencing symptoms on Accord's generic. Now we find out that Astra Zeneca will no longer have the PAP after Dec. 2017. They did a good job of marketing their product and it has helped many patients manage their symptoms. However, if the generic versions don't have the same efficacy, thousands of patients risk decompensation and symptoms. Accord even has the nerve to charge over 1300 per month for their med."

mhadvocate June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on immediate release version of Seroquel 200mg and the side effects were horrible! Everlasting hungover and craving for foods like if it's a drug or I would be going withdraw aka blood sugar crashes. So my Dr switched to seroquel 200mg extended release and it was a GODSEND form of drug! Barely any of sedating effects and even lack of any hungover.... And the best part was that I forgot to eat breakfast by accident several times in a week.... If for immediate release I would be going crazy for missing breakfast. Imagine that!"

Bipolarity Guy (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "My doctor had hoped that Seroquel could help my depression but Seroquel XR caused a bizarre condition where I couldn't stop flailing my arms and legs. Now I take 600 mgs of regular Seroquel to help me sleep at night. Does it help with my depression? I don't think so. At least not to a significant degree. But it does help me sleep!"

Sad Amy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I take 300mg. It's been 5 years. I was on higher doses, once up to 900 mg. My delusions never went away, but I can control my thoughts better. I think of something delusional, but I don't follow the train of thought. Since I started a serious relationship 2 years ago, I have been working on my anger and paranoia that he would hurt me. It's harder to control my emotions. Right now, I have a outrageous story in my head about him, but after reading the posts on this website, I know these feelings aren't new. I've felt them with my own family. I'm going to a National Alliance of Mental health Illness (NAMI) meeting soon to get support about how lonely it can feel to be exhausted. I pray in the morning to help my negative feelings and meditate at night to be present."

Lana girl (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug is a wonder drug. After 15 years of brutal bipolar symptoms (undiagnosed/ untreated) which destroyed my whole life, I now take 300mg at night and now I can have a normal life free of anxiety, mood swings, bipolar symptoms etc, I hold down a responsible full-time job, healthy relationships and friendships, I have hobbies. I never had any of that before; my bipolar destroyed my whole life. Seroquel gave it back. I hear of people wanting to go off Seroquel.. I'm the opposite. I would go to any lengths to make sure I never have to go off it. I'll gladly spend the rest of my life on it, because it gives me a normal life, and I won't risk that for anything. I've been on it 3 years, no side effects."

Beltane (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Ache on the entire body. Painful Constipation, cataracts, low blood pressure. Very weak and painful arthritis . More depressed and no enthusiasms at all but sleeping. Doctor has stopped this drug for me now 3 months ago. Only continue with arthritis and cataracts."

Mhija (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "This medication was given to me free at my first visit to my psychiatrist. He assured me that he hasn't heard of any adverse side effects. Well this stuff put my entire body into extreme shock. I did not drink alcohol, I don't do drugs, don't smoke, and took proper dosage as prescribed. I was rushed to the hospital on this stuff, first dose. It was like my entire body on the inside was constantly being shocked with electricity and outside I literally could not move or even sit up. My body was shaking and felt freezing and had the feeling of being bruised. Took about 6 to 8 hours to wear off. Did not take again."

Samantha554444 May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I was diagnosed with Delusional Jealousy in November 2016. I was utterly convinced my wife was cheating on me despite no evidence to support this irrational belief. The lack of evidence just made me even more suspicious. I was out of control. Taking Prozac and Lorazepam to try and control the anxiety was making things worse. A private Psychiatrist diagnosed me and prescribed quetiapine 300mg. The first 2 weeks were a bit groggy but I kept fit, ate healthily and went to bed early. The results were astonishing. I was immediately so much calmer and rational. At the very least this drug saved my marriage and at best it has probably saved my life. Yes I'm hungry all the time and have to be careful with food, but it's a small price to pay."

QuetiapineBoy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Gained probably 80 pounds, constantly was ravenous, felt horrible, drowsy and disconnected, and my symptoms were not any better. No thanks"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have gave quitiapine 5 stars as it definitely allows me to sleep right through the night. But I have been on it for 15 years and still experience dreadful side effects. I have reduced from taking 800mg in the morning to 300mg in the morning yet in the evening and the morning I can barely function and am tired and groggy all day. I have tried to take it earlier and earlier in the evening in the hope of having less side effects in the morning but nothing works. Plus it gives me the appetite of a racehorse. I also have nasty withdrawal symptoms whenever I try to taper off completely. For me this drug is a necessary evil and I really wish I didn't have to take it."

Jam jar (taken for 10 years or more) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "At one point, I was on regular seroquel as needed and seroquel XR daily. During this time, I gained a lot of weight that I just could not take off. I was prescribed the seroquel as needed, 25 mgs up to 3 times a day. Later on, I was going through something else and seroquel had just gone generic. My psychiatrist put me back on the 25 mg pill as needed. I rarely used it and this time I didn't gain any weight from it, which I was relieved about. I know they say that the lower doses are supposed to make you really tired, but that didn't seem to have any effect on me."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Depression: "I was on this medication for around 3 years at different doses, anywhere from 50 mgs to 600 mgs. It was a very good medicine and helped a lot with my anxiety and depression and really calmed me down and was very helpful, but the weight gain was a killer. I would try to go off over and over and would have to keep going back to it because I would be in such bad shape without it. I had a love/hate relationship with it. I became pre-diabetic while on it. I finally was able to go off and stay off at one point. It's a great drug, but the side effects are horrible as far as weight gain."

Gastroparesis Girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Spent 6 years in the Marine (Iraq 2007) and 7 plus years as a Narcotics agent with law enforcement. I take 25-50 mg at night and I sleep like a baby now. Before, I would sleep approximately 2 hours a night. This pill has helped me and my family life is better now. Definitely recommend for PTSD."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "SeroquelXR has changed my life for the better. I am currently on 400mg once daily. (I also take klonopin before I go to work). For the last 6 months, I have not had to call out sick from work, which was a monthly occurrence before Seroquel. I have not had to take a leave of absence in the last year. I used to have to take 2 six week leaves a year. I feel much more positive about my job and my life in general. It has been a game changer for me. The only down side is the weight gain. It seems to slow your metabolism down and increase your appetite after taking it, making it difficult to loose weight. I am currently not overweight, so the weight gain is a small price to pay. I do have to exercise regularly and watch more carefully what I eat"

B303 May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I take quetiapine for my insomnia, within the first 30 mins of taking it my body starts to tingle like a warning that I'm about to sleep. I climb into bed get really groggy and sleep. The next day is always horrible after taking the pill. I'm tired all day, it's hard to wake up for school. I don't want to do anything but sleep. I recommend you take this pill when you know you don't have to wake up too early."

Yoyo12345 May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I am on diazepam for nearly 10 years to treat on my insomnia and recently got told I had to stop it, the withdrawal symptoms of benzo is not joke!! I suffer severe anxiety, panic, fear and feeling very depressed during benzo tapering process. As usual insomnia remains as my major issue while still having to deal with withdrawal from benzo. My psychiatrist prescribed me with quetiapine 25mg (not a high dose) together with benzo (benzo have been decreasing as I am on tapering process) I am amazed on how this drug helps! After around 45min of taking 25mg of quetiapine together with 4mg of diazepam. I am managed to sleep through out a solid 9 hours!! It's But the side effect for me is having migraine when I awake, but worth it compare to insomnia!"

Geok57 May 7, 2017