User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 3)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 20 reviews 46 medications

5.4
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 1035 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Quetiapine

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I take this medication for bipolar, but it also does wonders for generalized anxiety disorder. I have suffered for DECADES with anxiety and panic attacks and SSRIs have stopped working for me. When I started taking seroquel it was like I finally saw color in the black and white world I was living in. My moods are completely under control and my anxiety is controlled for the most part. This medication definitely has side effects. Its a tranquilizer. It makes you very tired. It also made me gain a significant amount of weight...but I would rather deal with the side effects then deal with the horrible anxiety I was living with everyday. I take it before bed...make sure you're able to get at least 8 hours of sleep so you're not groggy the next day"

Anonymous April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Started a week ago and haven't had a panic attack or episode since"

Neasha (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "The Dr.s say there is no withdrawal from seroquel but I know there is! Every time they raise or lower, or take away all together I have days with no sleep, cold sweats, feelings of being overly alert. Thats how I feel when I am completely taken off."

Lexus95 April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "OMG i cannot believe my "psychiatrist" had prescribed me this med at first I was ok I thought it made me feel tired enough to sleep after about an hour and she also let me still be on lorazapam because I was already taking that for my anxiety. Well I have been on these pills 25 mg two times a day for about a month. And I have gained almost 20lbs and when I try to sleep my legs go crazy. I have been having severe restless leg. and I mean my legs would kick hard when I am trying to sleep. So last night my man was trying to keep me calm and tell me it will be ok and he told me to look up the med and the side effects. I am now in tears after reading all the bad effects and its isn't good for anxiety ADHD & mood disorders I hate dr's who know nada."

buddytonkas (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Well, I've been taking quetiapine for insomnia since last week. It did not solve my sleep problems. In fact, in the early days it was more complicated to sleep with my head full of thoughts. Since then, I continue to sleep and wake up very early in the morning. I started on 25 mg, going on to 50 mg, then 75 mg and now 100 mg. For the first two days, I felt a lot of sedation during the day. But now nothing else and still continues sleep problems."

Aimberê Timbal (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this for about 2 months and I've recently been getting extremely tired all day long (even if I take it way earlier the day before). The drowsiness is so extreme that I cant even watch a show. I'm literally struggling to stay awake all day cause I feel like I just wanna sleep my life away. My depression has been through the roof as well! And to top it off, the weight I have gained since I have been on it, has been insane. I constantly wanna eat all the time! I have gained at least 20-30 pounds in the past month or two! I am definitely gonna tell my doctor I want off of it ASAP! I cant take it anymore "

Brittiany April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Was on 25mg quetiapine fumarate for years and was recently bumped up to 50mg. This is probably the best medication I have tried (and I've tried quite a lot). It's the only thing that will let me sleep and has only given me very few, if any, side effects. (I am very groggy if I get up in the middle of the night and it increases my appetite (but only for a few hours after I take it)) thankfully I have not gained weight due to this medication and I hope it stays this way."

Hannableis April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My GP prescribed Seroquel XR 50mg to be taken at bedtime for worsening anxiety symptoms and horrible mood swings. I only took it 2 days and discontinued it because it made me feel disconnected and groggy. I've been using my Ativan more often, but it doesn't provide a sedative effect nearly as bad as Seroquel."

MissLeopard83 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was put on this medication, it started at a very high dose... all I did was sleep, eat, and walk in a fog. The doctor reduced the milligrams and things started to improve...until my body began to act the same way again. Long short of it... I'm down to .30 mg at night. I drag in the mornings but my energy increases as the day passes. I'm working this medication out of my system because I found it to be a very heavy drug to take. This is coming from a person who has taken it for five years."

Christine1221 March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I take 50mg at bedtime. It works great for sleep and anxiety. However if I miss even one day I suffer severe headaches and nausea."

ShiksaIncognita (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety 5 years ago. I was so stressed about work, even though I liked my job and wasn't stressed about it for years before. Had continuous trouble sleeping more than 4 hours a night sometimes less. I went off work for two months due to stress, anxiety and depression. My doctor prescribed 25 mg of seroquel and 20 mg of cipralex for depression. I take both at night an hour before going to bed. I saw a psychiatrist for about two months during the time I was off work. I didn't get off the couch basically all day for about a month. Started to sleep better and feel a bit better after a few weeks. I sleep perfectly now and haven't had any real problems last five years."

MG Mech March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Seroquel is like the silver bullet. It not only relieved me of my anxiety, it also makes me feel positive, serene and generally in a good mood! I am on 125 mg at night. I was on 100mg but went off to try Risperidone ( to try to help with the weight gain). Risperidone was not nearly as effective for me as Seroquel so I went back on but 100 mg wasn't enough so I upped it to 125mg and I am back to feeling great! I have had weight gain but I feel so much better being on Serequel. My doctor recommended I cut out carbs and sugar. When I did cut out carbs and sugar I did loose weight but it is difficult for me to stick with."

Sweet Cheri Pie March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed Brintellix for depression after denying it for a year & insomnia that got even worse; I get 2-3hrs sleep max which is rare. Accidentally took 25mg if Seroquel instead of half, I went from insomnia to hypersomnia in 1 night! Got up high & dizzy. Not cute when you're the one taking care of ICU patients "

Makan March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "The drug made me gain weight and become depressed which I was never before using of the drug. I now have an addiction that I can't beat. I would probably sue them for not warning me about the drugs addictive properties. I think this drug may help some people. However people have a right to be informed about what they are getting into."

RG33 March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Work well to reduce my fluctuations in mood especially with getting frustrated and angry..."

Mvinaround (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Very drowsy for the first week of taking it, but once your body gets used to it, it is a great mood stabilizer. I've been on it 6 years and it calms the edginess and irritability with bipolar. Also makes you sleep like a rock. My weight only changed when lithium was added to my meds. No significant weight gain for me. If I go a few days without it, I notice I'm on edge constantly."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm 24 yrs old, have severe RA and been talking seroquel XR at 300 milligrams a night for nearly a year.... I was diagnosed bipolar 2 years ago but had so much trouble finding a psychiatrist who was caring enough to listen to me (like a psychologist AND work as a psychiatrist, pill pusher) so my diagnosis went treated and untreated on and off for a while. BUT since I've been seeing my doctor regularly and she seems to genuinely care I've trusted her judgment with her diagnosis and what she thought would help me most.... besides the weight gain, honestly I feel much more stable & I can deal with the world around me as I see it and haven't had any serious depressive episodes or hypomania. This medication has worked wonders for me."

Nessa Rea March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I took this medication on top of my regular antidepressants to help with my mood as well as insomnia. This was the worst medication I could have possibly used. I have a history of anorexia and binge eating disorder and Seroquel caused me to gain 10 pounds in a month which sent me into a total depressive episode."

anxietygirl18 March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I've been on quetiapine for a few years, I have had weight gain and I've put on a lot weight and now I'm diabetic type 2, but for me its been a small price to pay, I've have tried a lot of different drugs (antidepressants) over many years but for me quetiapine has saved my life in many ways before taking this drug I was very ill, I wanted to die not because I hated life or anything like that but I wanted to stop my awful thoughts I couldn't cope with anything in life, many times I was seeing things my life was hell, not sleeping, not going out fearful all the time, Even though I still have problems I never go anywhere on my own not even out by the front door,I know this drug has given me a small part of my life back."

lillybuff63 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This medication did what it was suppose to do, but the side affects are terrible. If I had been told that these problems I live with now were a remote possibility, I would not have agreed to take this medication. I've taken it for more then 5 years, I've changed my Family Dr. and now have two Neurologists that seem confused that this Medication was ever prescribed to Me. I've stopped taking it on my own, I hope that the damage to my central nervous system can heal."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Paranoid Disorder: "Its only OK once I've fallen asleep and maintaining that sleep but honestly I still have genuine reasons to be paranoid in life based on misconceptions certain associates ect but yea still depressed restless legs less paranoid over thinking but more frustrated and anxious I eat a lot on it and well I guess proper therapy sessions would've been a better approach for me"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been suffering from major depression disorder, PTSD, and anxiety for a while now, I take 225mg of Effexor which is supposed to help with anxiety, in my case it doesn't. It does help with the depression. My anxiety it terrible and leaves me up for almost 3 days at a time. I'm on 0.5mg of klonopin 3 times and day (does not make me tired) so my Dr recently prescribed me quetiapine 100mg at night to sleep and that was way too much, I'd sleep for like 12-13 hours a night , now I take 25mg and it works ok. Only side effect is that if I don't fall asleep fast enough after taking it, it causes restless leg syndrome which is another nightmare in itself. nothing else seems to work so I'll stick with it for now."

Alyssmiss (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "After suffering with undiagnosed bipolar for many years until recently being diagnosed and prescribed quetiapine 50 mg daily. It knocks me out for at least 8/9 hours so half my days gone if I take them at night I still don't sleep weird I know - but I can't wake up properly from them :/ good to block everything out but my days go"

nath93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Seroquel really helps me with insomnia when nothing else will. I've tried several other medications and natural remedies, but none came close to the effectiveness of seroquel. I try to take just half of a 25 mg tablet per night - as little as possible to put me down. The only bad thing about seroquel for me is 30-1 hour of taking it I'm starving!! I eat so much if I don't fall asleep first. I try to keep lots of raw veggies and fruit for snacking in case I can't contain myself. So worth the sleep though."

Lucie8484512 March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have had trouble sleeping for a few years now. I've tried: ambien, klonopin, trazadone, Ativan, melatonin, chamomile tea, I think that's it? Well so far, it's been a week, 50mg seroquel helps me sleep through the night. Even when I wake up to use the restroom, or have a midnight snack, I'm able to fall back asleep, unlike all the other meds I've tried. I also take 100mg sertraline at night, 300 mg bupropion in the morning, and sometimes 20mg adderall on days I need to study a lot. I also drink one cup of coffee in the morning. So far, no side effects, and no drug interactions. I think seroquel has a good future as a sleep aid. :) Sincerely, 4th year med student"

s.a.m. March 6, 2017