User Reviews for Quetiapine (Page 3)

Also known as: Seroquel, Seroquel XR

Learn more about Quetiapine.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder 2 reviews 0 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 17 reviews 46 medications

5.3
Summary of Quetiapine reviews 875 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Quetiapine

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "One 50mg dose, given to help me sleep in hospital, kept me up & walking the halls for 23 hours. Could not stand or sit still. Legs very restless. Now dr prescribe seroquel again, because the 0.5 mg. bid of Klonopin does not help with panic attacks. Do I try this med, since last time was like being on speed, or just get used to being a hermit?"

Melsnuthouse July 12, 2016

For Insomnia: "Weight gain"

Lilurobs_9213 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Schizophrenia: "I've been prescribed seraquel now for roughly a year and the side effects are soooooo nasty I wouldn't recommend it at all,the main thing that attacks me relentlessly is the tickles under the skin in the legs and I'm probably keeping the neighbors awake cos Iv gotta keep stretching my legs and wriggling in bed to calm down the relentless torment that comes back maybe every 5/10 seconds for roughly 5/8hrs most nights,I've also got to the point where it feels like I'm going to swallow my tongue for hours on end and I wander if I'm gonna be alive the next day as well,I get to the point where I'm nearly asleep and self resuscitate with a jolt of adrenaline in my heart and a deep breath like I nearly drowned and nearly have a heart attack,it's NASTY"

SmokeyO123456789 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2016

For Insomnia: "It is working for me; I can fall sleep, the good thing is I did not gain pounds because of it. I am grateful for this medication, I suffer insomnia for many years, and quetiapine is helping me."

Vivbigras July 5, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am a 42 yr. old woman with ADHD along with Bipolar Depression also coming off 8 yrs. of taking pain medications every day ( norco's as well as Percocet's) I was getting between both 300 a month.. I've been off the pain meds for 4 mth now so far so good.. But after the fog cleared from the pain meds all my other diagnoses come out full blast,. So I was taking a 2mg Xanax, 350mg soma, along with 300mg trazadone at night and still couldn't sleep. Thanks to my new doctor I'm on 1mg Xanax along with 100mg Seroquel at night and within a hour I'm asleep and I mean good sleep (no dreams getting up thru the night etc.,) so fingers crossed it stays that's way!!!"

PMA74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "How to be a zombie 101... Quetiapine use for anxiety should not be allowed IMO."

Myrce (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2016

For Insomnia: "It will knock you out unlike any other medication out there but it will also make you gain a ton of weight."

EdSheeran (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "My doctor prescribed me this medicine just two days ago and was able to pick up yesterday and took it before bed last night. I did start to feel drowsy and dizzy. As I tried to get comfortable, my heart was racing, my eyes, legs and arms were restless but my brain was asleep while my eyes were open. I felt like my dr prescribed me speed instead of sleeping meds, on top of that my mouth was as dry as a desert when I woke up this morning and no matter how much water I drank my mouth would not absorb it. Bottom of the story I felt like a tweeker and ended up getting barely any sleep at all. This is just night one, lets up trial nights two and three are better"

Sleep from hell (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I'm at the two-week point. And while it's still a bit painful to get out of bed, once I do I no longer feel "stoned." There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Days one through five were as follows: 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg, 300 mg, 400 mg. Then it was a matter of getting my body acclimated to 400 mg, which I thought would never happen. If you are able to take vacation/sick days/medical leave, I do suggest it. I did not. Either way, just know it does get better within a matter of weeks."

Average New York Professional June 21, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm at the two-week point. And while it's still a bit painful to get out of bed, once I do I no longer feel "stoned." There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Days one through five were as follows: 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg, 300 mg, 400 mg. Then it was a matter of getting my body acclimated to 400 mg, which I thought would never happen. If you are able to take vacation/sick days/medical leave, I do suggest it. I did not. Either way, just know it does get better within a matter of weeks."

Average New York Professional (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I'm at the two-week point. And while it's still a bit painful to get out of bed, once I do I no longer feel "stoned." There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Days one through five were as follows: 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg, 300 mg, 400 mg. Then it was a matter of getting my body acclimated to 400 mg, which I thought would never happen. If you are able to take vacation/sick days/medical leave, I do suggest it. I did not. Either way, just know it does get better within a matter of weeks."

Average New York Professional June 21, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "On the plus side, I now feel more comfortable speaking to people. My GP calls it "brain glue." Nice, she could probably use some, ha ha. My previous low thyroid is now hyper thyroid so I have more energy. Previous while awake only panic attacks now also occur in my sleep. This leaves my body exhausted and totally spent. Still somehow I like it."

BlueH2o June 20, 2016

For : "I'm a 26 year old male have psychosis and pretty bad anxiety and have suffered with both since young. After years of switching different medication I got switched to Quetiapine. Dose upped over months and have now taken 600mg slow release every night for over 3 years. This drug has it's ups and downs at first it was great mood was great was sleeping brilliantly. After a while side effects start to take effect harshly I suffer joint pain in my knees and feet, have gained over all nearly 7 stone (bearing in mind was in good shape and tryed hard to maintain at no avail), makes me seriously sick if I take a different brand than normal. I'm pushing now to have either my dose lowered or to find something with less side effects. Short term Great"

it's mee (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2016

For Insomnia: "Do not take this medicine. I gained 40 pounds, had no will to do anything besides eat and sleep, lashed out at everyone around me, and had the worst prescription drug experience of my life."

angry girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2016

For Insomnia: "I was prescribed this at a treatment center in 2008 (8 years ago) for insomnia because it's non addictive and although a schizophrenia drug in large doses (1000-1500 mg), smaller doses have more sedative effect. It has worked wonderfully for me! I don't wake up feeling sedated or hungover for long. If I don't take it, have trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep for more than 4 hours. One thing to understand, the sedative affect is actually higher in smaller doses. I take 50 mg about 45 minutes before sleep and get 8 hrs and feel fine after coffee or shower. If 50 stops working well, I go to 100, and then back to 50. 8 years and many others tried, it's been great for me and again non-addictive. Also can be used for anxiety 25 mg"

DaveC68 June 11, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I went on this for bi polar disorder and depression. although it did help with my depression but not with my anger. it also made me gain weight!! Its only been a month and i'm up 15 pounds."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2016

Seroquel XR (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I really noticed a negative difference when comparing the XR version to the regular Seroquel. It took longer to kick in and made me so drowsy at work that I felt like I was drunk. I think I was taking 100-200 mg. When I went back to regular Seroquel, 100-200 mg put me to sleep fast and made a difference in stabilizing my mood without me feeling too drowsy to function the next day."

xRavenx June 6, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Seroquel has been very helpful with sleep, and I also noticed some mood stabilization in combination with Lamictal and sometimes Klonopin. Sometimes it is overly sedating, but taking it a couple of hours before normally going to sleep is important for me so that I don't feel drowsy the next day. I did not notice any weight gain on it. My doctor started me on 50 mg, which was good for sedation, but no major difference in mood. 100 mg does make a difference in lower my anxiety and some mood stabilization with my other medications, but sometimes she recommends me to take 200 mg to reduce mania from flaring up when it starts. Overall, this med has been useful for Bipolar 1 for me."

xRavenx (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 5, 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on serequel for 3 years. It is a blessing. I went through my whole life sleep walking until my cousin was diagnosed bipolar. I took one of his pills becausehe ccomplained it made him sleep and finally with 300 mg. I am sleeping. He no longer takes it. I told my friend about it she is on it, but has a small dosage. I have a high tolerance to all drugs so it works for me. Just added lamotrine... Because I want to rise earlier in the morning. But if my sleep is ddisturbed I will stick with it. As iI can never go back to miserable ssickening insomnia. Pray for me."

lovehersincerly June 3, 2016

For : "I take 400mg at night. I have really bad anxiety do to my past and never sleep. I would go days with no sleep and vary bad flash backs that caused me to panic. I was In a constant state of panic. Along with no sleep this is a vary bad thing. I now sleep every night my anxiety is down along with other meds. I have gained weight but am glad for this. My normal weight was 100lb as a male this was to small I am now average weight of 135. This med has changed my life."

Jeremy. C (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

For : "I was put on 200mg at night for insomnia and it worked great for that. However, I noticed that I was putting on weight pretty quickly. I tried Remeron and gained more weight (alot) and felt terrible. I have to see my doctor tomorrow...I went to 100mg at night and hope to go to 50mg. I still need to lose weight from the Remeron...hopefully a low dose of seroquel will be ok..."

cat516 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've been taking seroquel for 8 years. Yes it puts you to sleep. Yes it makes you dumber. Yes it makes your body hurt. It changes your body so much. I can't sleep without it but I wish I'd never started on psych meds. I now have chemical dependencies on the medication and problems that I can't fix and doctors don't want to help with because they're just side effects of the medications. Be strong. Learn to stand on your own especially if you're in your teens or twenties. Doctors and drug companies do not have your best interest in mind. They want you to be slave to their services and products. I have migraines 3 or 4 times a week for the last 6 years and the doctors tell me is because I smoke cigarettes. BS"

J Texas (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 22, 2016

For Insomnia: "My doc gave me this for insomnia and PPD following childbirth. I slept but even at 15mgs the side effects were too much. I would sleep 20 hours a day. I felt like a zombie. Horrible."

Chouette99 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was really scared about taking quetiapine as I had read all the horror stories, particularly around weight gain. Firstly, I would say everyone is different and this may work for you. For me it has been a godsend. I haven't felt this good ....ever....it has made such a difference to my life. Far better than any antidepressants for bipolar depression. As far as weight gain is concerned, before taking quetiapine (75 mg) I was binge eating 3 days out of 5. This has stopped entirely, I have no desire to binge eat...like flicking a switch. So my advice is to try it remember 77% of patients don't gain weight on this drug. Btw I am also on lamictal 200mg. (I felt more hungry on mirtazapine)"

LauraHol (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been taking quetiapine for a few years it worked fine at first. However now I have to take it 6 hours at least ahead of when I want to go to bed. I take 150 mg a day and I still have problems sleeping."

Catbake May 20, 2016