User Reviews for Orphenadrine

Also known as: Antiflex, Banflex, Flexoject, Flexon, Mio-Rel, Myolin, Norflex, Norflex Injectable, Orfro, Orphenate

Learn more about Orphenadrine.

Migraine 5 reviews 81 medications

6.9
Muscle Spasm 28 reviews 55 medications

6.5
Summary of Orphenadrine reviews 33 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Orphenadrine

For Muscle Spasm: "Given in ER for sciatica was wheeled in then walked out. First time can sit in chair in 2 weeks. I worry about blood pressure high but Dr says from pain no pain but normal pulse 65 to 80 now 105 to 109 was given norco for pain but get very sick can use Tylenol instead"

Mama wez May 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "Only drug that worked to break a 1 week bad Migraine cycle. I used one IM injection and within an hour the pain was totally gone. The only side effect was waking up a lot during the night."

stangie March 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Taking this was one of the most frightening experiences of my life. First, if it like gravity pulled me me to the floor and pinned me down. Then I looked over at my arm, and it appeared to be lying there detached from my body! I wavered between logically asking my husband what this phenomenon was I was experiencing, and being frightened that it might be true. Wondering if this happened to anyone else."

Chili Bean March 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I've been suffering from various back and nerve issues for almost a year now; 2 bulging discs and sciatica. Over the holidays I was unable to get in to see my primary care and ran out of my medications, resulting in a trip to the ER. The ER doc gave me an injection of Norflex and an rx until I was able to get in and see my doc. It has worked amazingly well. I've had minimal side effects taking it twice daily and within a half hour of taking it, my back spasms completely stop. It's been quite a relief."

Moray February 19, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "mild effect on acute body pain"

InSaNiTy4Ver (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "After experiencing a nasty bulge disc , L5/6 and diagnosed with retro lethesis I spent 3 years from chiro to physio , but couldn't kick the intense pain in my back which would go all over my back. At times I'd be in bed for days. I saw a pain specialist and was given norflex. I took 100mg once a day and after 2 days I was pain free. I now only take it when it flares which isn't often. It changed my life for the better."

Nicholasp (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Flexon (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "i Is help to out me from muscle pain. I am happy"

Dipankar Guha (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Best tablet I've ever been given for severe muscle spasms. Did make me very groggy, fell asleep sitting up at night numerous times as couldn't stay up past 8pm."

Dan.T February 28, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "6 days of 2 pills a day and it ended me in hospital with extreme vomiting, nausea, swollen feet, dizziness , eventually a stomach ulcer was found, 5 Days in Hospital, lost 5 kgs over a week, now 51kgs. I would never recommend it to anyone."

sheepo December 3, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "Norflex has affected my speech. Sometimes I can't get the words out of my mouth"

Sluder (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Took 50 mg - cut a 100 mg ER pill in half, for muscle relief a few weeks after a minor car accident. Am 125 pounds. Over 20 hours later, still affected by droopiness, tiredness, and mild headache. Took a long walk and could barely get through it, ended up falling asleep in the afternoon. On the plus side, muscle and joint pain was negligible today. However, also couldn't think or do much either. Would not take again."

Rororose August 8, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "Very usefull for stress and muscle pain. But in the beginning a lot of side effects, due to the fact that I took 100 mg a day. (I only weight 45 kg). Now I"m taking 1/2 every day, sometimes every two days. I feel very good, and my husband is very happy, it saved my relation."

Cuy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2015

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I have 2 discs that press on my spine in my neck, as well as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis & an auto-immune disease. I recently came off of Methadone & Percocet, unintentionally, when I had just enough to get to my appointment with the pain specialist I was scheduled to see for the 1st time, but he got sick & they had to reschedule me. In addition to withdrawal, my pain level kept rising, to the point that every bone & muscle in my body hurt worse than I have ever been in!!! It's the only time I've ever used "9.9" to describe my pain! I have had to go to the ER several times in the last month. I was given Norflex 2 of those times, when I had a pinched nerve. Norflex helped SO MUCH MORE than ANY of the muscle relaxers I had at home!"

BellaGirlSmiles June 9, 2015

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex Injectable (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I received 60mg of norflex inter-muscular injection due to a pulled muscle in my shoulder blade around 3pm. About half an hour of receiving the shot I was very sleepy after getting home and slept for 6 hours, when I woke I had hives all over my body and went to the ER, where they gave me IV Benadryl and IV Pepcid ( some kind of steroid ) the rash dimmed a little so they sent me home with prescribed Epi pens, Benadryl, and a steroid. Got home around midnight and went to sleep after taking my meds, when I woke the next morning I was covered in hives again but twice as many, so I went back to the ER when they told me this could last up to 5 days. I'm on day 3 now my entire body feels all bruised with itchy hives. I'm not allergic to anything."

Tessie Bergeron (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was given this medicine for muscle spasms in the emergency room after 3 visits and 2 different hospitals. First I received an injection of Norflex and than a prescription for 2 a day for eight days. These pills worked wonders for the muscle spasms I had been having for about 3 months. I have been pain free for 4 months now."

Kandi lady (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was perscribed 2 100 mg tablets twice a day for muscle spasms. This is the worst experience I have ever had. Only took 2 1 in morning and 1 in evening. I was up for 3 days straight jittery, agitated, mildly confused and spaced out. I had no pain but could not function a normal life on Norflex. I am 120 pounds."

Shajinka (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I suffered for years, this is the only medicine that got rid of my migraines. Everything else just calmed the migraines down but they did not go away. I also found it worked for seasickness, I would get violently sick even on mild water. Now I can enjoy the ocean. I now will be the only one not sick on rough days. I take it with an aspirin and caffeine pill. If you find it doesn't work you might have to up the dose."

karenvabeach July 28, 2014

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "Thoracic and lumbar issues cause constant muscle spasms. Orphenadrine e.r. Helps tame them. It is also the least of the evils when it comes to causing drowsiness."

Gweilo19 (taken for 10 years or more) October 27, 2013

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I ended up in ICU with heart palpitations (over 200 bpm). I only took one tablet of Norflex and this happened almost 6 hours after taking it. Turns out I'm allergic to orphenadrine."

Dewald (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2013

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I so grateful to find something to stop the spasms in my back! The spasms were coming about every 3 minutes much like labor pains! Pain killers were not working. Before taking Norflex, it took about a month to get through the spasms. I have been taking Norflex for the past three days and the relief is wonderful."

granny granny (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2013

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I found Norflex the only medicine that help to reduce my whiplash pain with minimal side effects. I only take one tablet in the morning on rising, it changed my life by reducing the severe pain of whiplash."

love life January 27, 2013

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "After several years of Flexerill, Baclofen, Soma, etc. my Doctor decided to try Orphenadrine. I fell as a teen and cracked several vertebra, DDD, osteoarthritis, sciatica along with neuromuscular demyelination and four (4) herniated lumbar disks. Two failed surgeries caused part of the problems (scar tissue removal around the nerves). The muscle spasms and sciatica are very intense, Orphenadrine is leaps and bounds over everything other than Soma, like many others Soma just puts me out. Two 100mg caps a day along with three baclofen (and my other meds) has made a tremendous difference."

Aching in Ohio December 8, 2012

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Norflex (orphenadrine) for Muscle Spasm: "I was given this while living in the Philippines as a combo med with Acetaminophen. It worked better than any pain medicine I had ever used without the side effects of stomach upset (Ibuprofen) or fatigue, sleepiness (codeine). "

Nurse56 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 8, 2012

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "I have severe osteoarthritis of hip-knee-spine. This medicine has minimized the spasm I get in my right hip and the spasm and nerve pain from sciatic nerve compression in the right leg. Helps with 'restless leg' also."

Snap_Crackle April 1, 2012

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Muscle Spasm: "In the last 10 years I have had 6 back surgeries. Several just Lamenectomies and 3 adding hardware and artificial disc replacement. I have many diagnosis including degenerative disc disease, narrowing of the spine, radiculapathy, failed back syndrome, etc, etc. I find when my muscles are relaxed I experience less pain since my spine isn't being contracted and less nerves are being pinched. This muscle relaxer worked GREAT had much less need for the narcotic pain medicines."

FlatOnMyBack March 5, 2012