User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Gastroenteritis 17 reviews 21 medications

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 3 reviews 5 medications

6.5
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 229 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Ondansetron

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "this medicine potentially saved my life! i had no appetite. in three days i lost 7 pounds! my wife took me to the ER, test were ran, and the physician prescribed Zorfan 4 mg and it worked. within ten minutes i was eating a turkey burger with garlic oven fries. my anxiety is gone as well. I would recommend this medicine to my friends and family. MV"

mikeveez (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "after being given maxalon and stematil for severe nausea as my gallbladder was faiing didnt help at all i was first given Zofran wafers at the ER 4mg it was a miracle nausea was gone almost instantly was then presribed 8mg of zofran to be taken 3 times a day as needed $20 for a weeks supply was amazing but as time went past i built a tolerance and was taking 32mg a day (24 max aloud) to even scratch the surface great for short term use but i recommend something else if you need nausea medication for longer then 6 months side effects the occasional headache although the constipation got quite annoying in conclusion amazing for nausea/vomiting if you can push through it without depending on ondansetron all the more power to you !"

Anthony699 August 28, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine did nothing except constipated me and give me a headache!"

Chantel23 August 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "My teen daughter had the flu & was throwing up to the point of the dr possibly sending her to the ER for an iV even a sip of wAter caused her to vomit immediately. They decided to try this drug first...it is a miracle!!!! she was up walking around within 2 hrs & did not vomit again. She was even able to show her horses at the fair the next day tho drinking strictly pedialyte, Gatorade G2 & Powerade zero for electrolytes (we had to start liquids by waiting 1 Hr after she vomited, then 5-10 ml every 5-10 minutes... Added this as I feel it may be helpful to others). I am going to ask my Dr for a prescription for the future, I wish I knew about this a long time ago! I filled the prescription at Sam's club 5 pills about $4 & worth it"

Happygal67 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "Could not tolerate this drug during chemo rx Hated it prescribed for thee cycles of my red devil chemo treatment It caused paranoia constipation which caused increased vomiting and also probably added to the chemonesia issues Zophran Was replaced by Emend and i had 180 degree different drug and had no issues whatsoever Zophran interferes with serotonin in the brain"

Susan from NC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was sick for a full 7 days and could not eat or drink. A few sips of water resulted in cramping, nausea and vomiting. Finally on the 8th day went to the doctors.. All it was was Nerves. Dr gave me me dicyclomine and Ondansetron HCL. IT worked. My cramping, nausea & vomiting went away. When it was happening, I could not think what it could be other than nerves & that's exactly what the dr said it was. Surprised me as that had never happened before with those symptoms. I lost 20 lbs in those 7 days. I am SO glad I was prescribed the medication--going 7 days of being in bad in the fetal position w/the cramps & nausea & vomiting just sips of water was terrible. I felt NO side effects whatsoever."

Psychologically Nerves (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Wouldn't know...got charged $40 for 2 days' worth, which I just can't afford."

HDGGF (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Had kidneys stone. Took pain meds for it. Got super nauseous at night. Took zofran, and within 10 minutes I was not nauseated at all. Amazing medicine."

Googe July 10, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have crohns disease, emetephobia & i also take quite a few pain meds for chronic pain all of which make me extremely nauseous so i suffer nausea allooot! Ondansetron is a life safer for me i take 4 mg every 8-12hrs on a good day some days i take 8mg if its really bad! Ive been taking it daily for nearly 6 months and it is still as affective as the first time i took it! I live in the uk so am fortunate that i dont have too pay eye watering prices. Id reccomend too anybody its brilliant"

Bethy-Bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "Spent a week vomiting and with diarrhea. Couldn't keep anything down and was getting worse instead of better. I ended up driving to the ER with a vomit bag to my face trying not to crap myself. When they gave me the Zofran, I felt better in 5 minutes and was able to eat a little plain chicken and rice with broth a couple hours later. I didn't realize just much nausea I had until the whole room suddenly stopped waving. Slept better than I have in a long time and this morning I didn't throw up! Crackers and Gatorade for breakfast! Every 6 hours and I love this little pill."

Vomitbag June 25, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have had Hidradenitis since I was 19. Because of that I am on an ever rotating plan of antibiotics and narcotic pain medications. After several years of this (I'm now 40) the medications I have to take have started to make me very nauseous, sometimes to the point of projectile vomiting. My primary care doctor finally prescribed me Zofran for it and I have to say I am truly pleased with the results. I can now take my needed medications without having to eat something to tolerate them, although I still do eat a little something to have a sort of buffer. I would have given Zofran a total 10 but the taste is absolutely abhorrent and that is the only drawback I have had with it."

HSMommy (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2016

For Gastroenteritis: "I have a condition called gastroparesis and for three years I was in bed for 3 to 5 days a week vomiting all day. I didn't have a life, it was slowly killing me. My doctor give me every kind of medicine to try with no relief. Then she give me Zofran and it was a miracle for me! I take 8 MG and I still will occasionally be nauseated, sometimes with vomiting but as of now it's been six weeks and then it was only for a few hours. If anyone has suffered from this it is horrible! I realize it may not work for everyone but I was totally at the end of my rope and this saved my life! I do have to take a laxative once in a while but I'd rather do that then living the way I was!"

Mexiram June 3, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have a condition called gastroparesis and for three years I was in bed for 3 to 5 days a week vomiting all day. I didn't have a life, it was slowly killing me. My doctor give me every kind of medicine to try with no relief. Then she give me Zofran and it was a miracle for me! I take 8 MG and I still will occasionally be nauseated, sometimes with vomiting but as of now it's been six weeks and then it was only for a few hours. If anyone has suffered from this it is horrible! I realize it may not work for everyone but I was totally at the end of my rope and this saved my life! I do have to take a laxative once in a while but I'd rather do that then living the way I was!"

Yramir (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 3, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this medicine due to my chronic migranes and I always used to vomit everything up. Zofran works miracles"

Arise Royal June 2, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Helps me when I'm sick from not taking any pills (I'm an addict)"

Junkie1991 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Took this for nausea due to flue. It might have helped, I'm not sure, but I took it twelve hours ago and now I have worst headache of life and nothing gets rid of it. I can't move and I'm very dizzy. Also slightly nauseous. Phenergan would have been better. Also this stuff tastes gross and I almost puked trying to swallow it. Would not take this again."

Myheadhurtsalot May 6, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I had a very long treatment time, 3Xweek, 2 8 hr. sessions with three types of chemo radiation. It was every 3rd week, Wed, Thur, & Fri. Wed/Thur were 8 hr. sessions, Fri, 4 hrs. I was constantly vomiting, morning, noon and night. I took this from the get go, but after about my 2nd session, I threw up a lot in the mornings, or if I coughed too hard even. I know it would have been SO much worse without the Zofran. I think with the amount of treatment I had, both chemo and radiation, to both my chest and to my brain that I was VERY lucky I wasn't more sick, and frankly, I'm lucky to be here at all. Thank you Cancer Treatment center and of course, thank you God!"

Zofran saved me during cancer. May 1, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been dealing with extreme nausea and vomiting for the past 6 months, and it finally got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and went to the ER. They gave me Zofran through IV and was feeling better in about an hour. After I was released I was on 4 mg every 8 hours and for about a week I was back to my old self. Then things started to go down hill, and they boosted it to 8 mg. Now it doesn't evenwork anymore and makes me more nauseous than I was before. I also got pretty bad constipation and headaches after taking the medication. Not to mention, if you're taking the tablets be ready to handle the taste because it is DISGUSTING."

Mari-Ann18 April 30, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I feel like I've been sick for a very long time. It began around early February. I started feeling tired and nauseous. I had other symptoms, but the nausea was the worst. It just got worse and more frequent. My mother talked me into going in and I was diagnosed with "migraine with aura" about a month ago. I don't feel like migraines have anything to do with the nausea, but that's all I have to go on for now. The nausea comes in waves and I've had to stop doing schoolwork because of it. I was hoping the zofran would help, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I still wake up at night because I'm so nauseous, and it never seems to end."

SadGrace (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Best nausea medication in my opinion. I use it for nausea associated with my migraine headaches and it works extremely fast and well."

Lithh (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have a lot of GI, p"

Brad bortner (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "While on this medication I didn't read into the side effects, so first day took it don't remember any problems, second day I felt like I had the worst headache ever, I took Tylenol and Motrin but neither help, 3rdday I started feeling sick, my words weren't coming out in the right order here and there (I blamed it on my headache, still not connecting these pills were the cause) then I seen a warning label on the back that said could cause headaches (by this time I was having my whole body shake once or twice, felt like my head was gonna fall off from the pounding, and extremely sick) so my husband looked up side effects and sure enough I had just about all of them! Worked great for not vomiting but not worth side effects"

DestinyStarr (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was taking Zofran for awful stomach upset with nausea because one of my other medicines I was on I picked up at pharmacy was a generic new form of medication to treat pain. This new medicine made me very sick. Zofran helped out a lot plus I could take it up to four times per-day. However, I'm also on Lexapro for depression and panic attacks. One day after 2 weeks on these meds I had severe shaking happening to me and I never felt this way before.. Come to find out taking both the Zofran and Lexapro on same day each day was high risk of a drug interaction very severe and I was having the symptoms of a bad interaction. I need to change my lexapro to another type of depression med. But, every depression med is bad with zofran."

ChristineJJ (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Just gave this to my daughter for the stomach bug and so far it seems to be working considering she's running (2 1/2 yr old) around again and holding her food and liquids down! She's taken it in the past as well and it has worked every time after the first dose! Very pleased mom!"

myas mommy (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Took ondansetron as prescribed my doctor while being constantly vomiting in pregnancy and in hospital due to sickness but my son who was born in 2005 but had worries regarding his behaviour before he went to nursery school .My son has real issues and I have told the school . I'm his mum I know there's a problem but the school won't admit it ."

Lanyf March 22, 2016