User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Gastroenteritis 24 reviews 21 medications

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 3 reviews 5 medications

6.5
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 255 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Ondansetron

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Absolutely a life saving drug. I am a student in university and have had ongoing undiagnosable stomach problems for four years. I still miss a lot of school but with this drug, I can put weight on finally. Every now and again it flares up really bad and I will take 8 mg at a time. Otherwise, I take 4 mg about twice a day, once when I wake up and once after my midday meal. I rarely get the headaches because I take the tablets and not the ODTs. There's an artificial sugar in the ODT that supposedly causes the headaches. If a sudden bout of nausea occurs, it will go into effect in 30-45 mins for me."

Gingerkid775 February 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for : "My birth defect had shut down my bladder to the extent of not being able to urinate. Long story short,I had an infection so bad my bladder was 3x the normal size. So seeing how I couldn't go,it my body decided that it will send everything back out the way it came. If my wife didn't make me goto the hospital,my bladder would have exploded,they gave me a shot of this medication and it stop the vomiting in minutes. Well I am better and have a prescription for this,and have to self Cath because of the damage to my bladder. If I can't go backwards in time,I would have listen to my wife instead of being a procrastinator."

Anonymous February 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "This is a miracle drug!!!!! So many times zofran came in for the save. Saved my spouse, I and our 7 and 5 year old a trip to ER when the norovirus hit us. Took it after terrible dry heaves and within 20 minutes I was able to sleep. This medicine also helped after my csection when I was nauseous. When my son had hand foot and mouth and was uncontrollably vomiting the dr gave him this medicine too, within an hour he was eating fine! This was also great for my IBS symptoms when they hit hard. 10/10 !!!"

Arita44 January 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I woke up at 5am with a terrible stomach virus....I swear I thought I was dying. It was coming out both ends and I was in terrible pain from the cramping. I had to lay in the floor by the toilet because I didn't have time to make it from the bed when the cramping hit me...I happened to remember that I had ondansetron(zofran) in the medicine cabinet and my wife gave me one 8mg tablet sublingual. I was better in fifteen minutes. Miracle drug!"

Eddie N. Georgia January 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I sufffer from ulcers & get acid indigestion all the time. Of course with that I experience nausea daily..... when it gets too intense I take a 4 mg zofran and within 20-30 minutes it subsides. I thank God this medicine was created!! In the beginning I would get constipated for about 24 hours after taking a pill but don't have that anymore. I am thankful for this medicine bc I HATE nausea/vomiting."

Greyson's Mommy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Gastroenteritis: "Originally I was prescribed this med for the nausea accompanying irritable bowel syndrome, because my nausea was debilitating. Zofran definitely took the edge off. Now I have gastritis which causes nausea and pain. Unlike other patients, I do not get great relief. Sometimes it takes the edge off. Then I am able to eat and drink and be functional. But right now, the pain and nausea of the gastritis has trumped the med, I feel pooly."

woodviolet (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Came down with a very high fever and the flu. I had chills off and on for two days, which culminated with some good ole' vomit. Doc at urgent care prescribed me this horrific, useless drug for the nausea. I have NEVER had a poor reaction to any drug, until now. Even with this drug, I felt extremely nauseous and had horrific headaches. I forced myself to throw up to relieve the dibilitating feeling and stopped taking this drug and voila. I hate this drug. Never again. The headaches it induced brought me to the brink of tears."

Ihatezofran (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed Zofran 4mg tablet after having a sucky bout of food poisoning, later turned IBS with chronic nausea. I have been on Zofran as needed ever since. Works great, if the nausea is really bad I double up and feel great again. Another thing I found is if you take zyrtec daily, it is great to use as a preventative, and add the zofran as a back up. Due to feeling like crap all the time with the ibs I was taking to much zofran, so my doctor recommended adding zyrtec which was a life changer. Instead of taking at least one zofran a day, I'm down to once or twice a week, if at all. The tablets usually worked within 30 minutes. Was just switched to the ODT, so that'll be an interesting switch, supposedly they kick in faster."

Dodge 917 January 4, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been taking this medication for panic and anxiety with great success but I wonder why it is not listed for this?"

Val Mac January 3, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "So I've had this problem where I've been vomiting nearly all my food. Anything I eat makes my stomach upset, I missed a lot of study due to the stomach ache, and it seemed over the counter stuff never worked, so my doctor prescribed me zofran, dissolvable, and for the most part it works, almost immediately. "

neon colored meep December 30, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I used to take Requip for restless leg syndrome, and sometimes it made me so sick I would vomit. Other nights it would be fine. One day I decided to call my PCP for a script of zofran or phenergan to help subside the horrible nasty vomiting and nausea effects of Requip and they wrote me a script of 12 4mg Zofran swallowable tablets. It helped almost immediately (not within a minute, but 10mins or less) and then decided to stop my Requip medication because just made me sick. My RLS went away with other meds that I take and while I still take Zofran, I enjoy it for any spur of the moment "IM GONNA BE SICK" Kind of feeling, so I always carry it with me. At a hospital visit they gave me a dissolvable one that tasted like berries. Good med"

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The directions say to dissolve in the mouth but it's very bitter. Does anyone else have this problem?"

Bjcg (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have a horrible stomach virus and I am 8 weeks pregnant. I wasn't able to keep any fluids down for over 12 hours. I was given IV fluid, and 2 doses of zofran (same thing) and the nausea went away withing 10-15 mins! The doctor prescribed me the tablets that dissolve and within the same amount of time my nausea goes away. I'm able to drink water, even take a few bites of bread which is a lot. This is heaven sent. I do get headaches easily so that's the only downfall, but it's way better then vomiting."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had my gallbladder removed in September and have been on this drug (as needed) since. It is a god send. I don't get as nauseated as I was the first month of surgery but still have nausea here and there. This drug works very quickly and I feel instant relief. Sometimes I find myself needing to take 2 doses of the nausea is severe and it helps to ease it. Recommend this for anyone that struggles with nausea."

Savii December 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I have the stomach virus. It hit me around 10 this morning but I didn't start vomiting until 2. Zofran has somewhat helped. But I'm still so weak & sick. The thought of food makes me sick."

Stomach virus & zofran December 19, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this medication after a severe bout of anxiety and panic attacks. I lost 25lbs in 2 weeks due to the panic and had no appetite. Of course when you don't eat for that long, nausea can easily set it. I couldn't even move off the couch for fear of feeling extremely sick or dry heaving. I was finally given this miracle pill and the nausea quickly went from 10 (the worst) to easily a 2 or 3 within about 45 minutes. I took it for a week as I tried to get my appetite back and anxiety under control with other meds. Highly effective. I did experience some constipation from this medication, but that could also be due to the starvation mode I was in for 2 weeks. Either way, highly recommend to anyone dealing with nausea."

J137B (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was rxed the ODT for extreme nausea and vomiting, due to a norovirus. The minty flavor really drove me over the edge, and only made matters worse. Then my doc gave me the regular tablets that you swallow with a tiny bit of water, but it didn't help at all, either. I remember being awed by the knowledge that they give this med to sick cancer patients, when it is so horribly ineffective. Evidently, it does work like gangbusters for some people, but I'm not one of them."

Little C. (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've had central vertigo for years, but the nausea and vomiting have increase lately. My gastroenterologist prescribed Zofran 4mg once a day. It's a miracle! I can go out and shop without vomiting in the aisles of the grocery store. I have my life back."

Italian Foodie (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "Zofran is heaven sent. It saved me and my baby's lives. I was sick for 9 months with hyperemesis gravidarum. I was on a zofran pump as well as IV HYDRATION. I don't know if my baby would have survived without it. I'm still using it for chronic nausea. I wish I could personally thank the creators of this drug. Thank you."

BFOX December 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this drug by injection in the emergency room because I had a reaction to another drug. It stopped me from vomiting. However, since Imunetherapy I have become allergic to all nsaids, and several other drugs. One drug for a heart problem I take makes me vomit so they gave me this drug in pill form and well....I threw it up and, and tried again, and threw it up and this went on until I again went to the emergency room. An injection works but the pill works only before you become nauseated. I went to another medicine phenergan and that was a suppository which worked very well."

savvygrl (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "The best little white angel pill ever, I have been feeling ill for seven days until today I decided to get help and went to a little clinic and got prescribed zofran, it must be made in heaven because that little pill worked in minutes, I went from 20% to 70% real quick. I work at a job that doesn't allow you to call in, so this pill will be saving me from losing 8 hours on my pay check. Stomach bug sucks and was tired of feeling hungry/sick every ten minutes. Thank you my white angel."

Bugsy67311 November 3, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Did not improve nausea. It gave me a migraine like headache."

Anonymous November 2, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This is a wonder drug! As an emetophobe norovirus season reasonably stresses me out. This med has worked wonders for me! Just a few days ago my 3 yr old woke up projectile vomiting everywhere with a high fever. This mama panicked. He was so ill the pedi Dr told me to take him to the ER. He was vomiting every 10 mins at this point. They gave him a Zofran tablet and he was better within 30 mins, with a script for liquid Zofran to come home with. Of course I feel ill as I have been exposed to the virus repeatedly. I took Zofran liquid this morning and the nausea is gone! I am at work and no need to vomit. I am terrified of throwing up and will deal with the side effects of needed."

Deelish85 October 28, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have suffered with hyperemesis with all my pregnancies. Its a horrible feeling not to be able to function at all. Zofran has worked wonders thru an IV while at the ER. I've had it many many times and its worked. HOWEVER the tablets do not work for me. They have never worked. For me they make matters worse and make me feel more nauseous, they give me a horrible headache and backpains. Im glad its helped others but it doesn't help me."

Siracides (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was in the ER because my chest was fluttering and I figured maybe its dehydration I have been nauseous and not able to drink without the feeling of nausea. I'm 6 weeks pregnant. So they gave me zofran and benadryl via IV the lady pushed my medicines within seconds and my heart began racing and a warm feeling in my chest and I began shaking for a few hours feeling like death. I was cold and when I started feeling warm again I had goosebumps all over. I went to sleep and woke up because I was sweating so much in a cold sweat. Later after I left the ER I started having sharp chest pains. I didn't know that the medicine they gave me would possibly cause birth defects. I'm beyond mad. The nausea is gone but never again. I wouldn't recommend."

Mchoi124 (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016