User Reviews for Ondansetron

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced
6.5

Summary of Ondansetron reviews 8.1 305 reviews

Reviews for Ondansetron

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "It might have helped a tad with my nausea but I woke up the following day with an excruciating migraine so I won’t be taking this product ever again. If you have a history with migraines or headaches, I probably try alternative methods."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "It doesn't do ANYTHING for me. I took it while pregnant with hyperemesis and had to switch to Phenergan. I have some gastroenterological problems and I'm finally going to see a gastroenterologist, but I've had horrific bouts of nausea and vomiting fairly regularly and the zofran did NOTHING. Still throwing up, still unbearably nauseous. Phenergan works much better, although often times it stops me from vomiting but the nausea is still there. Nonetheless doctors always want to give out zofran and almost act like you're a drug seeker when you ask for the Phenergan. I don't even drink or smoke let alone take drugs but it's the only thing that helps me when I'm stuck with the nausea and vomiting."

KJ (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was nauseous and throwing up for a couple days with no appetite. Because I didn’t eat enough which made me nauseous, then the throwing up made it impossible to keep any food down. I was prescribed ondansetron (he said to let it dissolve under my tongue so even if you throw up you’re good) I threw up again almost immediately after but two minutes later I had no nausea whatsoever. I also was able to drive 4 hours afterward too so it didn’t make me drowsy at all either"

Legobeans (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have easily upsettable IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and this has been a wonder medicine for me. Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I am so nauseous I can not function. The dissolvable tablet leaves me feeling better within a minute. It has also worked when I had the stomach bug. It is working wonderfully now with a depression medicine that I just started taking that has a side effect of nausea and vomiting. I was seconds away from throwing up and quickly popped one of these in my mouth... back to normal within thirty seconds! Zofran is a lifesaver!"

Sickly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative: "I had dental surgery, was given one dose of Ondansetron. Had extremely bad reaction. Experienced nausea, vomiting, dry heaving, muscle twitches, seizures couldn't open my eyes but could still hear. Three days could not eat and took sips of cola as advised by my local EMT (yes they called 911 on me as I did feel like I was dying ). Had trouble with my eyes adjusting while trying to focus, my vision would snap in and out. Now with all that said, I have taken Ondansetron several times before with no problem . You just never know."

Gma (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Never will I ever I let any of my family take this drug again. So many side effects spatially. Both me and my wife are still sick. We only took two pills and I destroyed the rest of them. I'd rather have a stomach bug. My older son was fine without this drug. We have the feelng like you don't wanna eat anything and the worst constipation"

Abraham April 28, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I’ve been sick with the stomach flu since last night. Ate dinner, then a couple of hours later was in the bathroom throwing up with major diarrhea. Stayed on the toilet literally all night. It was one of those “one little move and you feel like you’re going to throw up” times. Well, once morning came the puking stopped, but I was still really nauseous with dry heaves. So I called my doctor to see if there was anything I could take, and they recommended Zofran. Wow is this a miracle drug! My nausea was gone within 10-15 minutes of taking it, and I was even able to hold down a couple of popsicles and water with it, until about an hour and a half ago when I started feeling nauseous again (the meds were wearing off, so I took another one, and within 10 minuets my nausea was gone! I even ate another popsicle and downed a little juice glass of water and didn’t throw up! If this little white, grape flavored pill isn’t magic, then I don’t know what is!"

Grobanite Clunatic (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had a really awful stomach flu that persisted for more than a week, so they prescribed me this and it has been a life saver! I was originally taking the 4 mg which wasn’t working quite as well but the 8 mg makes a world of difference. It works so quickly and gets rid of my nausea and urge to vomit. Would definitely recommend!"

Abby (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "It worked for me"

May April 18, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Zofran help greatly went from vomiting constantly to nothing - it's amazing. The problem is that if you just took it you will still vomit you need to wait and the nausea takes 10 minutes to stop"

. April 11, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Prescribed for stomach flu. Within 2 minutes of taking it, I vomited. Waste of money."

Audra (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I get debilitating migraines that cause vomiting, and I have several GI issues, my doctor ordered zofran pills to begin with and they did nothing for me. Although I still feel a little nauseous at times I can stop the vomiting with the zofran ODT by putting it under my tongue."

Tls570 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I'm one of those people that would rather be in pain than nauseous, so when I started chemotherapy I knew I was in for a ride. I was given a cocktail of meds right before chemo and then Decadron and Zofran for a couple of days after for allergic reaction and nausea. For the times after that "as needed" I have Zofran & Compazine for nausea and Ativan for "anticipatory nausea". I guess the Ativan would help some commenters in this thread who actually get sick from thinking about getting sick. It made me too drowsy so I was left with the Compazine and Zofran. I found the Zofran to be by far the most effective; I take one 4mg tablet as soon as I start feeling queasy and within 10-15 minutes I am fine - I'm even able to eat. Thankfully my insurance covers it as it is a little more expensive than some meds for nausea but to me it's worth not vomiting. I recommend this medication highly."

NormT (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was prescribed this for nausea and vomiting several different times by Dr. I have anxiety that leads to vomiting and nausea. zofran did not stop the nausea or vomiting and gave me a horrible headache that nothing would stop. Phenergan is the better of the 2 for me."

BEEEHEALTHY April 1, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "God bless the manufacturers of Zofran! I am phobic about vomiting - panic attacks just thinking about it. That little miracle dissolves on my tongue and takes away the nausea and fear. It has saved me trips to the ER for gastric issues. I never want to be without it."

PukingPhobia (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given 4mg of Zofran twice through an IV to combat a stomach bug. Once at home I took a pill form of Zofran because the nausea had not yet subsided. The next day my tongue started to feel swollen and my jaw started to have spasms. I was in so much pain. I received a steroid shot and a muscle relaxer shot both in my buttocks. I still experienced tremors and I was unable to talk. The doctors said the rise in my serotonin levels caused the reaction to the Zofran. I will never take Zofran as long as I live unless I absolutely have to."

Kaci (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have an extreme fear of nausea and vomiting. It’s so bad I get nauseated when someone coughs. I was given zofran and it was perfect for when my anxiety was making the fear harder to deal with. Then I got salmonella poisoning and it didn’t work whatsoever. I took three 4mg 20 minutes apart hoping it’d help and it didn’t. A few days after taking antibiotics for salmonella poisoning, I’m still a little nauseated (zofran doesn’t work) and can’t do much. Thinking about going and getting a higher dose."

Sudzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this for mild nausea caused by taking antibiotics. One 4mg pill didn't help but 2 of them helped greatly! It calmed my stomach enough that I could eat again. My doctor is very stingy with them though, not sure why. Only gave me 12 pills. Highly recommend!"

ARD333 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2018

For Nausea/Vomiting: "prescription for flu- doesn't work at all"

cindy1310 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2018

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I was diagnosed with GERD at 14 and whenever I feel even slightly nauseous, I suck on a Zofran and the nausea goes away within about 2 minutes. It’s very useful but every now and then if I feel extremely nauseous it doesn’t help much."

Makayla Skylar December 31, 2017

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Have really bad food poisoning, had to go to the ER and get an IV where they prescribed me this medication, has stopped the vomiting, but has only barely subdued the nausea and causes intense headaches for me."

E.D. (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "I can say I use to be a jealous husband because when our daughter gets the stomach bug I sometimes got it. There is a 50/50 chance I would get it and my wife NEVER gets it. When I found out about zofran it saved my life. I'm already a hypochondriac when it comes to the stomach bug, I hate it because as a child of the 90's there was no such pill and I always got the dirty bug. Now I take zofran when my daughter throws up or someone touches me with it just incase so I don't throw up and it always works because I stay upset stomach free. Just boggles my mind why docs never give it to patients, someone told me about it that's how I knew about it."

Bugsy67311 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2017

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was given this for a stomach bug and if anything it made my nausea worse. I don't recommend."

Colleennnnn November 18, 2017

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This drug has saved my sanity. I was undiagnosed with a debilitating vomiting sickness. In hospital at least once a week via ambulance. Repetitive vomiting and could not stop. To the point where I would become unresponsive. After about a month into my undiagnosed sickness, at the emergency room, a nurse gave me a wafer of Zofran. It was a huuuuge relief as my uncontrollable vomiting stopped within 10 minutes. I had not heard of the drug but after finally been diagnosed, after 6 months, as having Severe Idiopathic Gastroparesis I found my new best friend. As well as having a kidney transplant and taking a bucket full of anti-rejection meds, I was soooo grateful that some smart cookie out there invented this drug. Saved my life"

Bellaleish110178 November 7, 2017

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I got food poisoning and couldn't stop vomiting and having nauseousness from 3 pm to about 4 am. I was puking so much and dry heaving that I was puking up blood (YIKES!). I found some extra zofran in my bathroom cabinet from my doctor from the other month, so I decided to take one 4 mg pill. Vomiting and nausea subsided after 15 min of taking zofran. Zofran, you're a life saver!!! Would always like to carry this Medication around with me all day if I could. Adam"

Adam Tyler (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017