User Reviews for Ondansetron

Also known as: Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz

Learn more about Ondansetron.

Gastroenteritis 18 reviews 21 medications

Nausea/Vomiting, Radiation Induced 3 reviews 5 medications

6.5
Summary of Ondansetron reviews 237 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Ondansetron

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this drug by injection in the emergency room because I had a reaction to another drug. It stopped me from vomiting. However, since Imunetherapy I have become allergic to all nsaids, and several other drugs. One drug for a heart problem I take makes me vomit so they gave me this drug in pill form and well....I threw it up and, and tried again, and threw it up and this went on until I again went to the emergency room. An injection works but the pill works only before you become nauseated. I went to another medicine phenergan and that was a suppository which worked very well."

savvygrl (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "The best little white angel pill ever, I have been feeling ill for seven days until today I decided to get help and went to a little clinic and got prescribed zofran, it must be made in heaven because that little pill worked in minutes, I went from 20% to 70% real quick. I work at a job that doesn't allow you to call in, so this pill will be saving me from losing 8 hours on my pay check. Stomach bug sucks and was tired of feeling hungry/sick every ten minutes. Thank you my white angel."

Bugsy67311 November 3, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Did not improve nausea. It gave me a migraine like headache."

Anonymous November 2, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This is a wonder drug! As an emetophobe norovirus season reasonably stresses me out. This med has worked wonders for me! Just a few days ago my 3 yr old woke up projectile vomiting everywhere with a high fever. This mama panicked. He was so ill the pedi Dr told me to take him to the ER. He was vomiting every 10 mins at this point. They gave him a Zofran tablet and he was better within 30 mins, with a script for liquid Zofran to come home with. Of course I feel ill as I have been exposed to the virus repeatedly. I took Zofran liquid this morning and the nausea is gone! I am at work and no need to vomit. I am terrified of throwing up and will deal with the side effects of needed."

Deelish85 October 28, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have suffered with hyperemesis with all my pregnancies. Its a horrible feeling not to be able to function at all. Zofran has worked wonders thru an IV while at the ER. I've had it many many times and its worked. HOWEVER the tablets do not work for me. They have never worked. For me they make matters worse and make me feel more nauseous, they give me a horrible headache and backpains. Im glad its helped others but it doesn't help me."

Siracides (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was in the ER because my chest was fluttering and I figured maybe its dehydration I have been nauseous and not able to drink without the feeling of nausea. I'm 6 weeks pregnant. So they gave me zofran and benadryl via IV the lady pushed my medicines within seconds and my heart began racing and a warm feeling in my chest and I began shaking for a few hours feeling like death. I was cold and when I started feeling warm again I had goosebumps all over. I went to sleep and woke up because I was sweating so much in a cold sweat. Later after I left the ER I started having sharp chest pains. I didn't know that the medicine they gave me would possibly cause birth defects. I'm beyond mad. The nausea is gone but never again. I wouldn't recommend."

Mchoi124 (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have used this medicine on several occasions for nausea and it works great also calms the nerves. Never got a headache or other side effects."

Go Pack Go !!!!!!!! October 6, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "This is a fantastic medication. I was admitted to the hospital for nausea/vomiting due to the flu. Hadn't eaten a thing in 5 days. They gave me Zofran 4mg at the hospital, my nausea and urge to vomit went away in about an hour, and my appetite came back later that night. I continued to take 4mg as per required, generally before I ate to make sure it didn't come back up. Was able to come off it without any adverse effects. I highly recommend this medication! A potential life saver."

diceable (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "this medicine potentially saved my life! i had no appetite. in three days i lost 7 pounds! my wife took me to the ER, test were ran, and the physician prescribed Zorfan 4 mg and it worked. within ten minutes i was eating a turkey burger with garlic oven fries. my anxiety is gone as well. I would recommend this medicine to my friends and family. MV"

mikeveez (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "after being given maxalon and stematil for severe nausea as my gallbladder was faiing didnt help at all i was first given Zofran wafers at the ER 4mg it was a miracle nausea was gone almost instantly was then presribed 8mg of zofran to be taken 3 times a day as needed $20 for a weeks supply was amazing but as time went past i built a tolerance and was taking 32mg a day (24 max aloud) to even scratch the surface great for short term use but i recommend something else if you need nausea medication for longer then 6 months side effects the occasional headache although the constipation got quite annoying in conclusion amazing for nausea/vomiting if you can push through it without depending on ondansetron all the more power to you !"

Anthony699 August 28, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medicine did nothing except constipated me and give me a headache!"

Chantel23 August 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "My teen daughter had the flu & was throwing up to the point of the dr possibly sending her to the ER for an iV even a sip of wAter caused her to vomit immediately. They decided to try this drug first...it is a miracle!!!! she was up walking around within 2 hrs & did not vomit again. She was even able to show her horses at the fair the next day tho drinking strictly pedialyte, Gatorade G2 & Powerade zero for electrolytes (we had to start liquids by waiting 1 Hr after she vomited, then 5-10 ml every 5-10 minutes... Added this as I feel it may be helpful to others). I am going to ask my Dr for a prescription for the future, I wish I knew about this a long time ago! I filled the prescription at Sam's club 5 pills about $4 & worth it"

Happygal67 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "Could not tolerate this drug during chemo rx Hated it prescribed for thee cycles of my red devil chemo treatment It caused paranoia constipation which caused increased vomiting and also probably added to the chemonesia issues Zophran Was replaced by Emend and i had 180 degree different drug and had no issues whatsoever Zophran interferes with serotonin in the brain"

Susan from NC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was sick for a full 7 days and could not eat or drink. A few sips of water resulted in cramping, nausea and vomiting. Finally on the 8th day went to the doctors.. All it was was Nerves. Dr gave me me dicyclomine and Ondansetron HCL. IT worked. My cramping, nausea & vomiting went away. When it was happening, I could not think what it could be other than nerves & that's exactly what the dr said it was. Surprised me as that had never happened before with those symptoms. I lost 20 lbs in those 7 days. I am SO glad I was prescribed the medication--going 7 days of being in bad in the fetal position w/the cramps & nausea & vomiting just sips of water was terrible. I felt NO side effects whatsoever."

Psychologically Nerves (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Wouldn't know...got charged $40 for 2 days' worth, which I just can't afford."

HDGGF (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Zofran ODT (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Had kidneys stone. Took pain meds for it. Got super nauseous at night. Took zofran, and within 10 minutes I was not nauseated at all. Amazing medicine."

Googe July 10, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have crohns disease, emetephobia & i also take quite a few pain meds for chronic pain all of which make me extremely nauseous so i suffer nausea allooot! Ondansetron is a life safer for me i take 4 mg every 8-12hrs on a good day some days i take 8mg if its really bad! Ive been taking it daily for nearly 6 months and it is still as affective as the first time i took it! I live in the uk so am fortunate that i dont have too pay eye watering prices. Id reccomend too anybody its brilliant"

Bethy-Bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Gastroenteritis: "Spent a week vomiting and with diarrhea. Couldn't keep anything down and was getting worse instead of better. I ended up driving to the ER with a vomit bag to my face trying not to crap myself. When they gave me the Zofran, I felt better in 5 minutes and was able to eat a little plain chicken and rice with broth a couple hours later. I didn't realize just much nausea I had until the whole room suddenly stopped waving. Slept better than I have in a long time and this morning I didn't throw up! Crackers and Gatorade for breakfast! Every 6 hours and I love this little pill."

Vomitbag June 25, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have had Hidradenitis since I was 19. Because of that I am on an ever rotating plan of antibiotics and narcotic pain medications. After several years of this (I'm now 40) the medications I have to take have started to make me very nauseous, sometimes to the point of projectile vomiting. My primary care doctor finally prescribed me Zofran for it and I have to say I am truly pleased with the results. I can now take my needed medications without having to eat something to tolerate them, although I still do eat a little something to have a sort of buffer. I would have given Zofran a total 10 but the taste is absolutely abhorrent and that is the only drawback I have had with it."

HSMommy (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2016

For Gastroenteritis: "I have a condition called gastroparesis and for three years I was in bed for 3 to 5 days a week vomiting all day. I didn't have a life, it was slowly killing me. My doctor give me every kind of medicine to try with no relief. Then she give me Zofran and it was a miracle for me! I take 8 MG and I still will occasionally be nauseated, sometimes with vomiting but as of now it's been six weeks and then it was only for a few hours. If anyone has suffered from this it is horrible! I realize it may not work for everyone but I was totally at the end of my rope and this saved my life! I do have to take a laxative once in a while but I'd rather do that then living the way I was!"

Mexiram June 3, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have a condition called gastroparesis and for three years I was in bed for 3 to 5 days a week vomiting all day. I didn't have a life, it was slowly killing me. My doctor give me every kind of medicine to try with no relief. Then she give me Zofran and it was a miracle for me! I take 8 MG and I still will occasionally be nauseated, sometimes with vomiting but as of now it's been six weeks and then it was only for a few hours. If anyone has suffered from this it is horrible! I realize it may not work for everyone but I was totally at the end of my rope and this saved my life! I do have to take a laxative once in a while but I'd rather do that then living the way I was!"

Yramir (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 3, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given this medicine due to my chronic migranes and I always used to vomit everything up. Zofran works miracles"

Arise Royal June 2, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Helps me when I'm sick from not taking any pills (I'm an addict)"

Junkie1991 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Took this for nausea due to flue. It might have helped, I'm not sure, but I took it twelve hours ago and now I have worst headache of life and nothing gets rid of it. I can't move and I'm very dizzy. Also slightly nauseous. Phenergan would have been better. Also this stuff tastes gross and I almost puked trying to swallow it. Would not take this again."

Myheadhurtsalot May 6, 2016

Zofran (ondansetron) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "I had a very long treatment time, 3Xweek, 2 8 hr. sessions with three types of chemo radiation. It was every 3rd week, Wed, Thur, & Fri. Wed/Thur were 8 hr. sessions, Fri, 4 hrs. I was constantly vomiting, morning, noon and night. I took this from the get go, but after about my 2nd session, I threw up a lot in the mornings, or if I coughed too hard even. I know it would have been SO much worse without the Zofran. I think with the amount of treatment I had, both chemo and radiation, to both my chest and to my brain that I was VERY lucky I wasn't more sick, and frankly, I'm lucky to be here at all. Thank you Cancer Treatment center and of course, thank you God!"

Zofran saved me during cancer. May 1, 2016