User Reviews for Naloxegol

Also known as: Movantik

Learn more about Naloxegol.

Opioid-Induced Constipation 17 reviews 4 medications

7.1
Constipation, Drug Induced 116 reviews 3 medications

4.7
Constipation, Chronic 3 reviews 30 medications

Summary of Naloxegol reviews 136 reviews 4.3

Reviews for Naloxegol

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "Been on methadone for a year now, currently at 30mg and tapering down. Tried Movantik and had horrible side effects-intense abdominal pain, stomach spasms which caused uncontrollable vomiting, sweating, withdrawal symptoms that put me in bed for the day. Almost went to ER. THANK YOU to the person who posted on Feb 26th! Magnesium Oxide 500mg and Docusate Sodium stool softener 100mg...I never thought I'd go from clumped marbles, hard as rocks to a smooth, non-painful BM but this has done wonders for me. Took 3-4 of each at night to start and I was blown away. Now taking 1-2 of each and it's still working. I just wish I knew about this months ago. Buy generic, less than $10 at Walmart. Give it a try if Movantik has failed you!"

Not for Methadone! (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "Been taking Movantik for 2 1/2 months. At first it seemed to be working great, no side effects with normal daily bowl movements and was thrilled. Then last month, I noticed being nauseous about an hour after taking my morning dose (the literature recommends taking your dose in the morning, 1 hour before your first meal. Usually after eating, it resolved but then I started having random sudden severe cramping and nausea, cold soaking sweats, feeling extremely dizzy, and bad diarrhea ultimately. I didn't realize it was the movantik until I stopped it for a few days. Felt fine and then after restarting it happened all over. I guess that's withdrawal then? Had no idea but figured out it was the movantik causing the all the symptoms!"

aisllling (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I have been dealing with chronic pain for over 5 years, in which I've had to take opioids on and off. After 3 failed surgeries in attempt to relieve my pain, I decided to see a pain management Dr. who has put me on a daily regimen of opiates. I've tried Amitiza, Linzess, and of course fiber, Miralax, laxatives and enemas. None of these have worked like Movantik. It's been truly a miracle drug. I take it first thing in the morning with my other meds and coffee, but I don't eat until an hour later as the directions say, and it works every time. I've never had diarrhea, horrible stomach cramps, nausea, etc. It just makes me have a large, normal and complete BM in the morning and that's it. It's been a life saver for me."

Nurse87lan August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I have to take daily opiates due to chronic back pain despite three back surgeries, including lumbar fusion. I tried everything but always would ultimately get backed up. I tried Movantik at one point a couple years ago, but it gave me bad stomach cramps, so I quit. At that time, I had some partial impaction. I recently did a magnesium citrate flush, like prepping for a colonoscopy. I then tried Movatik again and have a bowel movement within an hour or so. I do get some stomach cramps but only for 1-2 hours. Taking 1-2 doses of Miralax a day can help if stool is hard. The big negative is cost."

Daily Back Pain Person (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "My Gastroenterologist put me on Movantek 1 time a day for OIC. This is day 5 and I've been to the bathroom 3 times. Ugh! I was hoping this was going to be the "magic bullet" I've been searching for. I've tried EVERY stool softener, laxative out there from the cheapest to the most expensive, including enemas & suppositories. To my dismay this isn't working well. When I do have a bowel movement it's a couple hard balls. Nothing complete or simple. I STILL have to strain and lucky to go 3 times a month!! I just had a hysterectomy and no straining allowed. So, back to searching. I have NOT and will NOT have withdrawal symptoms due to the fact it works in the gut NOT the brain and it will NOT block your opioid pain meds from working. 51 yo fem."

Kind of works (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "Hi I've been taking movantic once in the morning for a month, and it does nothing for me. I'm so disappointed because I've tried everything. I go 5 to 7 days without bowel movements. I'm at a loss of what to do next I hope my gastro dr. has a plan. The only things I've experienced from movantic are gas and severe cramping. .."

Kandiandsteve July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I can't believe Movantik has such terrible reviews. It's because of these reviews that I was scared to try it for 2 months after I got it. Then one day, I decided to try it for myself. This medicine is wonderful!! I would of gave it a 10, but you do get slight cramping and gas. In my opinion the benefits outweigh the cramps and gas."

The.Ice.Princess (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "It's too effective I can't stop going. I took one dose 25 min later the gurgle then OMG. It's been 4 hrs now I've slowed down. I'm afraid to eat or drink anything. I just wanted a normal bm. I guess it was to much to hope for."

Sorsha July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "Got a 3-day sample and worked so well I felt like a normal human pooping for once. An hour after taking pill in the morning I'd have perfect thorough poops. Wow! Miraculous! Went through hell and high water to get prescription covered by AHCCCS only to find it no longer works. What? No side effects. Just nothing but the occasional half-assed soft stool. Sigh....back to the drawing board."

Disappointing (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "Its my first dose. Its been 2 hrs now used the restroom real lightly. The pain is gas. Blew a big fart and had a small bowel motion. Same as Miralax, just wind and a little bit of poo."

tnt1234 July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "Just took my first Movantik pill 25 mins ago. Nothing yet I will update."

Fastymzs July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "I all of a sudden, after years of constipation I tried everything! My Dr. Gave me the sample pack 3/ 25mgs and its my 3rd day,I took before bed and had a normal bowl movement every day since!!!I never felt so bloated until I started taking movantik."

jennajb July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "My pain management doc has me on time release morphine for spinal injuries because other modalities have not worked. Of course, I have severe constipation. Was given samples of Movantik. I took one pill and within one half hour, had severe cramping and within one hour, total diarrhea. Also had some withdrawal symptoms. I waited a few days, became constipated again and thought I would try it again. Same effect again except this time, I am three days out from taking the Movantik and I am still experiencing withdrawal symptoms...nervousness, runny nose, anxiety, headache and nausea. I have reported the adverse reactions to my doc and will be reporting them to the FDA as well. I am a 67 year old male."

Greg434 (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "This medication SHOULD NOT be used if a person has had an ORGAN TRANSPLANT. My husband had a heart transplant in October 2016, and was taking opioids from a mechanical heart that was put in between his ribs as a bridge to transplant. He was prescribed Movantic for constipation. He had two weeks of terrible watery diarrhea. After being hospitalized, he was almost in renal failure, and his anti-rejection was off the charts."

griffi (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "Do not try this medication I honestly thought I was going to die 2 hours in the toilet coming out both ends. My toilet looked like something out of a horror film. I literally felt like I was going to die. Being a female the cramps felt like labor contractions, worst pain of my life. This medication needs to be turned in to the FDA!!! Humans should not be their science pigs for this drug. Especially being that we are put on this because we are already in pain- this drug is like taking a death pill!!!! Dangerous! Please stick to an over the counter medication for constipation, I would rather be constipated any day than go through what happened to me. I gave this medication 2 weeks and one night woke up with cramps like I was in labor!!!!!!!!!!!"

Do not be rat for this drug (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I just started taking this and it works. I have been taking hydrocodone with codeine 10mg for a few months and had horrible constipation. Miralax and other products didn't work. Yes, with Movantik it can be uncomfortable... but I never had any of the other issues. I did get a little dizzy, but nothing serious that would send me to the ER."

Lilysmommy (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "On May 21, 2017, I shared a review, and want to add something that happened to me recently. I always take my Movantic 25 MG, in the morning with my coffee. Within a half an hour, I have a bowel movement enviably. The only side effect is flatulence (gas). The other morning, I ate first, then took my Movantic 25 MG; around a hour and a half later. I NEVER had a bowel movement that day, and my stomach was really bothering me badly. The next day, I took it as I normally do, and once again had a bowel movement, without any issues; except for flatulence (gas). Hope this helps!"

paulsavon1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "I have a spinal cord injury & have been taking methadone for nerve pain & oxycodone for hip pain, over 15 years. Had been using miralax but not as effective as I would like. Doc recommended movantik, I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. Was I ever wrong. The warnings about methadone users is very accurate. Within 2 hrs I was doubled over in pain, in the bathroom nearly 2 hrs while my body cleared out. To the point of practically urinating from my butt. It was excruciating, cramps, nausea, severe sweating & had a pressure in my head for about 6 hours. I was very ill & out of it. I was extremely afraid, pain was so severe I thought something was wrong, was considering going to the ER but couldn't get off the toilet. I think this med is dangerous."

Brbsch (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "Another big pharma money grab. Want some relief, drink lots of water, get some exercise, eat food high in fiber."

BH RON (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I've been on it for a week & man does it work..Within 15-25 minutes I'm going to the restroom 3 or more times. I take it when I know I have nothing to do for at least & hour or 2 because you don't wanna be running errands when it starts to work as you will never make it home or to a restroom in time. I am on pain medication for 4 failed fusion back surgeries & I was drinking miralax 3 times a day as doctor recommended but I couldn't leave the house because I was always running to the bathroom, when taking this pill I can plan days where I take at hours before my errands & it runs its course before I have to go or I'll take it at night when I know I'm staying home the rest of the night..I have had stomach aches & growling stomach..It does give you some withdrawal.."

Nickname Turk,OIC (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I hear a lot of horror stories regarding Movantic, but have not had any side effects; except for flatulence (gas), before going to the bathroom. I had a bowel impaction many years ago, from a L4-5 fusion; and was never told that the Vicodin could back my bowels up. Long and short, I had a bowel impaction, so badly; I go not go either way; and have to go to the ER, to have it removed. It was the worse pain that I EVER experienced in my life. I had an industrial accident around 6 years ago, and have had several surgeries. I live in chronic pain, and take pain medicine daily. I know how an impaction feels; and was heading for another ER visit. Movantic 25 mg was my answer; I wish it was available 15 years ago! A bowel impaction is a serious issue to deal with. When you’re constipated, you sit a lot on the toilet; and do a lot of pushing, which in turn, causes hemorrhoids. One thing that I have learned follows: I don’t sit on the toilet, until I feel the urge to expel my bowels. Sitting on the toilet causes a lot of pressure on the anus, and that in itself will cause hemorrhoids eventually. Let gravity do its job; as it was intended to do! Good Luck!"

PNL211 May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "The terrible withdrawal symptoms listed in most of these reviews are enough for me to skip the trip to doc and try Movantik. The way to go, at least for me (have fentanyl patch and breakthrough opioids for over 10 years). Get MIRALAX but buy the generic brand, you get 3 huge bottles for about $22 bucks. I didn't personally take Movantik, after reading these reviews I wanted to provide an option for all of you who go through the opioid induced constipation. It is sooo bad and hurts soo much. I take the generic MIRALAX, every day without fail. I also take the 100mg docusate (over the counter now) one at night and morning. It has worked very well and my constipation was soo bad. Of course check with your doc before using."

primeattractions (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I was an opiate addict for 24 years been clean for a year. I have always had trouble with constipation. I was taking OTC stool softeners when I'd go 4 or 5 days without going. I would be in so much pain I would literally put a glove on with vaseline and DIG it out. Movantik has been a lifesaver I take 1 every night have coffee in morning and go. Little cramping first couple days but no withdrawals or nausea. I have lost 14 pounds in a month as well. Very happy."

Suboxone user 24 mg daily (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "Just one 12.5 mg of this and it works in about 30mins. However I get the worst anxiety attacks I have ever had! I'm not kidding. The anxiety lasts for 3 to 4 days from just one dose. It feels like I am having a heart attack or worse! I keep thinking how do people take this stuff everyday? Today I had not had any and it was day 4. I felt great but wanted to poop fast so I could go to the beach. Forget it. In 5 hours I was right back with the heart attack. It also makes my bones hurt. If I bump into anything it feels like I broke the bone! So then I have to live with the anxiety while putting ice on whatever I bump. I'm not even bumping anything hard. It happens when I just brush against a door. I'm going back to Magnesium powder."

In the Attic May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "Movantic does nothing more than put you in complete withdrawal. Eat a high fiber diet and you want be put thru HELL !!! The pain docs will not tell you this when they prescribe it . And thats what the pharmaceutical co. don't want you to know !!!!!!!!!!. No more of my money....bahaha"

Back pain for life (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2017