User Reviews for Naloxegol

4.5

Constipation, Chronic

Summary of Naloxegol reviews 4.6 181 reviews

Reviews for Naloxegol

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "I have been on opioids for over 8 years. Movantik was suggested after an ER visit due to constipation. On my first night of taking this pill, I went into the ER with severe diarrhea (5 episodes in 2 hours), cramping, and nausea. I took the pill again the next night and still got cramps with diarrhea but both were not as bad as the night before.I kept taking the pill at night before bed and the side effects got better and better with each continuous night. By the second week, I was no longer cramping nor getting diarrhea. When taken at 10pm, I would have a bowel movement at about 6am and it was loose without needing a laxative.It is my suggestion that even if the first few nights brings diarrhea, cramping, nausea, and other discomforts, to stick with it; It will get better. As painful as those first few nights may be, the longterm outcome of it will be worth it more than the struggle of dealing with the consequences of not staying on Movantik."

Highlite36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I took my first dose yesterday morning at seven. Within thirty mins I had the worst cramps of my life! Was sweating puddles, bright red, sick as anything!!! My boyfriend had to drive me to the ER. It took benedryl, tordol, phetenol, phenagrin and a muscle relaxer that they had to put n my arm because they couldn't start an IV because my body was going through chills and dehydration from throwing up and horrible diarrhea. My stomach felt like it was tearing! I've been on methadone treatment for a little over two years. I do believe this medication sent me into the worst withdrawals of my life and that's how it unconstipates you. With my insurance I paid $30 and I won't be taking the other 29. I wouldn't take the chance of putting yourself through this."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I took this drug at 8:30 pm. At 9:15 pm had to go to the bathroom due to H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E stomach cramps. Then it got WORSE!! At 10:30 I had to be taken to the ER and screamed so loud due to the pain my throat is raw. It took 4 shots to get me to stop screaming. I threw up all over the bed and floor. DO NOT take this med. There are so many other alternatives."

Ranger (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "Danger. Do not use movatik. It is the worse and within 1 hour you will have a bowel motion but you will have such bad pains and withdrawals. It is dad they should take it off the market. Do not use I warn again do NOT use . The worst pains lasted for about 4 hours."

Don’t use September 2, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "Don't take this med it put me into withdrawals right away. I hate that I wasted my money on this."

Joanie (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I'm on Subzolv which also causes constipation. Movantik 12.5 once in the morning as needed works great for me. No side effects. I'm sorry to hear these extreme stories and I will begin taking a half dose and see the effects. I will post. Good luck all."

SubsBlockToo August 15, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "People...please do not start with a complete pill! I take a quarter piece every other day and have been blown away with how effective this medication has been. I didn't know my body could hold that much!"

HersheySquirt (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "My doctor gave me this cause I’m on high doses of opioids for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) or Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) and spinal arachnoiditis. This was horrible. I was given trial packs first 25mg I took, them so much pain in my belly I could not move. I was curled in fetal position contemplating calling ambulance. Horrific pain and deep bone pain in both my legs far worse than my CRPS pain plus nauseous, chills, I thought I was dying. Horrible. Threw them in the trash."

Jen August 6, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "I've been on opioids for severe neck, and back pain (post-surgical) for more than 10 years. My gastro tested me on several drugs for constipation without success. Movatik was the least expensive and actually created a serious BM* within an hour. *Unfortunately, I experienced severe cramping, sweating, lightheadedness, exhaustion during and 1 hour after. I won't take Movantik every day due to cramping, sweating, weakness, but I can endure the pain once a week. * In all fairness I started Oxygenated Magnesium 07 (magnesium oxide) from a health shop- 3 at night. Mag 07 gave me one BM every 3 days. If I take 4 Mag 07 at night I have a decent BM the next day. Nowhere as significant as Movantik - but NO cramping sweats, etc. Mag 07 may well have set the stage for success with Movantik. I'll stay with Mag 07 and Movantik only once a week. For me, this is a magic combination."

jnla (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "Ok, I have been prescribed opioid pain medication for the past 17 years after I fractured my skull. I have literally been on every pain medication known to man! I was on Duragesic for 3.5 years---400mcg every 3 days. All opioid pain meds cause constipation. I have tried many laxatives, however, NONE of them have worked at all! I saw the commercials for Movantik and asked my Doctor about it. He prescribed the med for me and I started taking it 3 days ago. Movantik works, at least for me. Two hours after taking the dose on the first day, I felt somewhat queasy and slight cramps. Wow! There was no explosion, no diarrhea, no unpleasant side effects. It just worked. I take Movantik in the morning an hour before I eat. Within 2-3 hours I have a bowel movement and that is the extent of the experience. I feel like a new man"

PODs (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I will NEVER EVER take this medicine. I took one pill last night after taking 180mg of morphine a day I've never been in so much pain in my life. EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA AND A LOT OF VOMITING. I literally threw up everything in my body including my morphine - for 18 hours straight I was in excruciating pain and withdrawals because every time I took my meds again I threw them up. I couldn't even keep down xanax to help with anxiety Please be aware it will relieve your constipation but you will be cleaning your bathroom floor, sink and toilet when you finally feel better. I agree with whoever said I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy"

Amber989 (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "I’ve been on opioids for about 10 years and have always had problems going to the bathroom (constipation). My doctor gave me 25mg Movantik to take in the morning and it worked for me within an hour of taking it. It gave me horrible cramps so we’ve cut the dose to 12.5mg. I still cramp a little but that’s my only side effect. Some days I don’t go to the bathroom after taking Movantik but sometimes I don’t eat much due to pain. I will never go without Movantik. I feel so much better every day not being bloated and ‘backed up’."

WeatherGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "This can be an extremely dangerous drug. My stomach still isn’t back to normal 10 days later and I wasn’t terribly constipated. I take magnesium which can be uncomfortable. This was the worst stomach pain imaginable. I didn’t call 911 because I knew that it would work itself out eventually and what could they do anyway. This was not withdrawal symptoms. I can see someone over dose from pain medication trying to cope with the movantik induced pain. I’m sure you can get a perforated stomach lining from the side effects. Mine stomach feels raw"

Nanni (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I am never taking Movantik again. I'm sitting here with a heating pad and the air conditioning on, with a huge blanket on me and let me tell you it gave me the worst excruciating pain in my stomach. I myself have gone to the ER for lesser pain as well. This is out of this world kind of pain I thought I was going to throw my dose up. I almost puked on the nurse lol. I held that medicine down but I seriously wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy"

lovelovexo (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "Hello everyone hope all is well with you and yours. This constipation by far is the worst. I too, have gone almost 3 weeks without relief. To me, it feel's like your poisoning yourself with all your toxic waste just sitting in your body for far too long. That's how I describe it. I get hot, sweaty I turn red like my blood pressure is going through the roof. Just like being poisoned. It starts out with small rock hard waste and then once that first plug that has blocked is gone then I can't stop going. That's when it gets terrible I can't make it to the bathroom. I can't leave the house. I don't dare. What do they use to clean out a patient that is going to have a exam for colon cancer/ or just check up? well I hope they figure this out soon."

ChicChicbabe (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "I have been taking dilaudid for about a year for spinal pain and soft tissue pain from fibromyalsia and interstitial cystitis. I have been taking it for 1 week and still have not had much of a bowel movement. I see that some are experiencing horrible side effects. I must say I haven't had a single side effect. Just the regular bloating and discomfort of constipation. I'm still getting impactions. But my doctor told me to take it, period, without specifying time of day. I just read you should take an hour before breakfast. I was taking mine at night! I will change to morning tomorrow. So far it hasn't helped at all."

joni1129 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "I paid $100 copay for the script to use postoperatively and it did absolutely nothing. Bought ex lax, and that worked. I think it cost $5. Typically would never take ex lax because of the urgent need to go and cramps etc...but when on opioids, it worked without the pain usually associated with it. I think the drug is a complete waste of money and not sure how it actually showed efficacy in trials, need to check. Maybe they did trial with a stool softener as comparator, idk?"

Orange75 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "I took this ONE time, and I will never take this again. I took it 12 hours ago, and have been up the entire night with explosive diarrhea. Chills,stomach ache, feeling like I'm dying. But the absolute worst part is, it feels as though I've been stripped of my pain medication so I am in so much back pain that I've been crying. Nothing will stop it, and I've even taken more pain relief this morning. I really felt like going to the hospital, I'm in so much pain."

Tanksmom May 12, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "Ok I'm NEVER taking that movantik EVER again!!!!! I feel like I'm going to die! Insane stomach pain, cramping, sweat pouring off me, chills, lightheaded ness, diarrhea, crazy lower back pain, I threw up while on the toilet... uhh... no! That pill is awful! I'll deal with the constipation.... I can't handle this. I'm lying on the couch downstairs in excruciating pain, shaking, sweating and wanting to puke. So yeah... you could say it “worked” but I’m not willing to deal with the consequences."

Lynne (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "I started taking 25mg yesterday after chronic back ups sometimes up to 2 weeks. Have had the script for 6 months but had the fear of withdrawal so I suffered and didn’t take it. That was dumb. I have stage 4 esophagus cancer which is the most painful cancer they say. So I take whatever I have to to stop it. It took 3 hours before I went and it was a good bit but only once. Going to do it again today and hopefully I will have the same results so I can get it all out of me. I cramped for about 4 hours after the bowel motion and had chills. Just fell asleep about two hours woke up and they were wearing off. No withdrawal symptoms yet so all and all a good drug. Don’t worry about withdrawal symptoms the good outweighed the bad. Will update about a week. Hope it helps you!"

Teri (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "After 5 years of severe constipation I bought Movantik $200 (my insurance might pay back and cover future costs if approved) and I took it the first day I had small, kinda wet BM. The next day I took it I had a normal bowel movement and it does not make me panicky or whatever except I get some abdominal pain and bloating that is mild and doesn't last short. I would give it 10/10 if it, as I hoped, flushed my colon out but this is still good. And it doesn't even push me to poop so if I as in a place with no toilet I could easily hold it."

zagor1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "This medicine is bad. I had severe vomiting and diarrhea for 12 hours straight. I also had severe stomach contractions after only one pill. I'd rather be constipated than take this again. Please Be Aware!!!"

Mrs.knowitall March 16, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "movantik was prescribed after fusion lumbar surgery. The drug was $324.00, my share, and it was not effective. The drug was taken as prescribed, on an empty stomach. After 4 days of constipation, other laxatives had to be taken. The pain from the first bowel movement after movantiks had been taken, and induced by other medications, was excruciating."

nyd February 8, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Opioid-Induced Constipation: "I've been taking Movantik for 8 months. I agree with some of the other reviews in that it worked great initially but eventually lost it's effectiveness. It still helps some, but I have to take Amitiza, Miralax and fiber suppliments along with it. * The main disadvantage for me is it reduces the effectiveness of my pain medication. I notice a huge difference in pain control on the days I take it, my meds don't work as well. For this reason, I usually take 1/2 a tablet instead of the whole thing. I have tried just not taking it at all, but I got very constipated despite the 3 other meds I take to prevent that. So I guess 1/2 a tablet is my happy medium."

Lap87 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2018

Movantik (naloxegol) for Constipation, Drug Induced: "Well it took a few days but my stool went from hard rocks that I'd had for many years to soft easy to release stool! I'm impressed, a bit of stomach flip flops going to ask for the lower dose. But I can finally poop!"

CherylS-AZ January 21, 2018