User Reviews for Relistor

Learn more about Relistor.

Constipation, Drug Induced 29 reviews 3 medications

7.3
Opioid-Induced Constipation 3 reviews 4 medications

Constipation, Chronic 2 reviews 30 medications

4.5
Summary of Relistor reviews 34 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Relistor

For Constipation, Drug Induced "For $2000.00 for a one month supply, this is rubbish"

Tfootes August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "So the first dose didn't do a single thing but make me have gas so bad my back was killing Me! Just did my second dose so I am hoping and praying this Works! I'm on the fence about this product"

Js44w (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Before Relistor/or Movantik., anyone in this world experience trying to pass a friggin baseball?? Literally true.. I was on a miracle drug called Movantik for 1 month $435.00!!! And they are pills,1 pill on empty stomach with a bottle of water say 8 am, on pot within 30 minutes, oh what a relief it is!! My insurance wouldn't cover it :( because its not on their formulary list, but will cover Relistor for $2000.00.. but if this works like Movantik it's my miracle drug..I'm just scared of the side effects from Relistor, I had slight side effects with Movantik. Such as withdraw symptoms, not everyday , so wish me luck, my 1st dose is tomorrow morning. 7/14/17"

Toothmaker91 July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "Been on the tablets for a week and only went one time and it was difficult to pass. Not happy"

Curdchiccig1235566 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "Worked fine at first and then after about 6 months when I took the shot, it would take 2 hours for any thing to happen."

LarryDC April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I take Dilaudid because I am living with Multiple Sclerosis and have severe muscle spasms. Unfortunately, the Dilaudid has started making me constipated - so my doctor prescribed me Relistor Injections - 12mg (the higher dose - it depends on your weight). I took this medication for the first time this morning because I had not had a bowel movement in five days. I did the injection (beware, it burns when injecting!) and went on with my day. Within ten minutes (I'm not kidding) I had to use the restroom. Success! That's the good part. After my successful bowel movement came terrible abdominal pain. I mean, it wasn't like, "I have to go to the ER" terrible, but it was significant enough that I am mentioning it. Overall, a good drug."

tubaguy9008 April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Opioid-Induced Constipation "This medication is a lifesaver, for me. It works very well, with no side effects at all, for me. It was very expensive $1800.99 before insurance and the assistance card from the drug maker. If you have OIC like I do, try Relistor."

JB50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "my dr bust put me on relestor, its been 6 weeks since i had a small bowel movement. this is my ,6th day of 12mg shots & ive only had one small bm, like a rabbit! somethings gotta give, i gave cramps, nausea, sweating like crazy, severe cramps. i dont know what to do next???? Help"

locbox89 (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "The first time I took this..it worked within 5 minutes. I continued to take as directed for the next month. Absolutely nothing. Other than severe cramps, sweating, flushed, sick. I have been on and off of this for over 6 months. It has only worked 1 more time in 6 months."

ElleLynne875 June 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have been on opioids for 29 years now. About 10 years ago, my doses were so high and the constant pushing because of impact ion unless I was taking 10 laxatives at night to wake up with unbearable cramps to have diarrhea, then taking more laxatives throughout day cured the fecal impaction....but I ended up with a external prolapsed bowel that would come out even going tinkle. The doctors had never seen one completely outside, which I would have to manually push back in every time. Surgery was 10 nights in the hospital on one of those automatic beds that move position so you don't get bed sores. 1000+ stitches and staples and now Relistor....doesnt always work, but when it does....OMG! It feels like heaven...Yeah!!!!"

Niern 72 March 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Opioids since 2000, Chronic Pain from Post-Polio Syndrome. I've been fighting this big problem since 2001 & I've tried everything. For the last two years I used "irrigation", a slow and messy solution. Recently I tried Movantik, but found it to be significantly harsher on the GI tract. As soon as I got over the "Yikes! I'm about to stick a needle in my stomach!", everything went swimmingly. Yes, moderate gas cramping, but far gentler than what I'd suffered in the past. It was incredibly fast in my case. First "urge" in under 15 minutes and major evac in just a few minutes. I figured I was done for the day 1, so I headed back to bed. Fifteen minutes later my 2nd evac was twice as big as the first. 5 Stars"

verdeva (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I've been on hydromorphone 2 mg (Q 4 H), oxycodone/APAP 10/325 mg (Q 4-6 H), and OxyContin 40 mg daily for an accidental amputation. After landing myself in the hospital for diabetes related illnesses, my doctors became concerned about me not having a bowel movement. They used Relistor as a last resort, and although it didn't work immediately, it worked the next day. I've been going nonstop since!"

jcurtofthesw December 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have been on opiates for chronic back pain and DJD for more than 15 years. I have always had bowel issues, even before being on pain meds. So adding more meds made it nearly impossible to evacuate completely. For years I have been taking 6 or so prescription and otc laxative meds per day with very poor results. A year ago, I was so backed up that I was vomiting repeatedly. Long story short, after the ER doc checked for obstructions, he gave me a shot of Relistor and sent me home. 15 minutes later, when I got home I had to rush to the bathroom. First complete 'normal' evacuation in years. Too bad my pc won't prescribe it for me to take when needed."

Ewilldo (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I have used relistor 3 times. Overall I think it's working. But I wanted to note here that as most of us have been using alternatives, including strong stimulant laxatives, for this issue prior to trying relistor, and have become dependent on them. So although I've had success with this medication,I thought it worth mentioning that I will need to work on becoming free of laxative use for best results. For those of you that are experiencing this, I highly recommend doing some online reading about laxative dependency and using some of those techniques along with relistor. Good luck!"

mom2katnemm2 September 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Chronic "Nothing yet, not helping, on 3rd day i took 3 shots, but still, not worked...i am on my 8th shot today...going back to docs in morning...i hurt, i feel tight, bloated...it feels it could rupture at any time...god, the constipation feels like death."i am so full, i dont feel i can eat or drink"

Anonymous July 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I've been on a variety of pain meds since 2006 from a 92# treelimb falling on me and had become quite impact constipated because of them. After yrs of trying many many different kinds of laxatives & eating plenty of fruits my Dr finally asked me today(while refilling my medtronics morphine pump) if I had ever tried this injection. He gave me a sample & told me to be close to a toilet so I just now gave myself the injection, now that I'm home. So far the only thing I'm feeling is activity in my stomach as if things will be happening soon...no bad cramps, headache, sweats...just motion in my stomach. It started almost immediately & now 1/2 an hour has passed and I am still waiting.. Will keep you posted..."

leaderline April 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Current Pain Meds: Fentanyl 50mcg x 72 hrs & Percocet 10/325 x 4hrs PRN. Condition: DDD L4-L5 S1 & Muscle Damage of Lft. Shoulder. Past Overcounter Meds: Polyethylene Glycol, Lactulose, & Amitiza. Relistor Experience: Started 2 days ago and was able to have bowel motion within 30 min with mild cramping & no other side effects. Conclusion: Excellent relief from OIC...5 star!!"

Silverbullet52 April 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Constipation due to opiates has been extremely bad for me. Along with Relistor I'm still taking laxatives and suppositories. I'm on my second month with one shot every other day and only twice did I not have to use a suppository. Wondering if I have something else going on."

Jalynn 6 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I've had mixed results with this. Been on 180mg of Oxy IR and 75mcg Fentanyl for YEARS. When my doc increased my Fentanyl to every 48 hours, all my plumbing STOPPED. I NEVER had any problems, ever! I fought with the constipation, not going for 6 weeks+ sometimes. I don't know what hurts worse...? Anyway, the Relistor works here and there. I don't have insurance and at $75 a 12mg injection, I can't afford not to go!!! I just gave myself a 12mg shot yesterday, and another today. 24 hrs apart. Nothing. I haven't gone in 3 weeks now. This is not good. The laxative route does nothing as well. I'm frustrated... Any suggestions?"

Pain is the pits! (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Prior to this product I was in a constant stage of constipation. I can recall a few times that I was so dry that it felt like I had a bad case of hemorrhoids blocking the exit. I literally believed that until I tried using Prep H on it and determined that was not a hemorrhoid. A life changer, the first time I used it I had bad stomach cramps for about 20 minutes. I raced to the bathroom and literally clogged up our system I had such a huge Bowell movement. MY first few uses were free samples from my pain management doctor. My prescription insurance company refused to fill my prescriptions but luckily the manufacturer sales rep coordinated an appeal for me. It changed my life, I lost 40 pounds the first 3 months I started taking them"

michael back pain November 18, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I've been on high dose pain medicines since 2001 and knew I had constipation as a side effect, but it wasn't until I was able to lose a large amount of weight that I realized just how backed up and bloated I was. I heard of this medication online and asked my pain management Dr for it. He had no issues giving it to me. It took me a couple weeks to get the nerve to try it because of the side effects I've read, but I've not had any. This medication has been a Godsend! It was recommended to use a laxative prior to help clean things out some, which decreases cramping from your body trying so hard to defecate. I now look forward to my injection every other day! I only need to go every other day because it works so well."

DivaVampTina (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Chronic "My 1st 12mg injection cramped me severly with sweting & nausa.got to go about 20mins later had been 4 days. Have been on pain meds for 21yrs and finally found this medicine. Getting ready for 2nd injection hope the cramping aint as bad as the first time."

cronicKen (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I wasn't sure about taking this medication and if it would work, but after giving it time I saw a big change. I made the right choice and would recommend it."

just me 49 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "Follow up to my previous review 4/12 I recently began taking the 8 mg. injections and have used 1 every other day for the past 10 days. The pain, nausea and distension had destroyed my quality of life. I was unable to eat more than a few bites of food at a time. I have had FANTASTIC results with this medicine. It works within 10 minutes or less following injection,causes almost NO side effects except a slight cramping sometimes so effective I can feel the movement starting right away. I am continuing to use this every other day, to me this is truly a miracle."

MRSDJMCW (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Constipation, Drug Induced "I started the Relistor injections about 3 weeks ago. I was to inject 8 mg but was given the 12 mg syringe on the doctor's order. Very difficult to discard the extra mg because the syringe is not clearly marked. I now have the 8 mg syringes which I should have gotten to start with. I take the Relistor every other day and it works in 5 minutes. I set aside 2 hours to deal with the results. 5 to 6 bowel movements, including some diarrhea. I go from bed to bathroom and back again until done. My main problem is the nausea that accompanies the process. I did experience vomiting after the first injection but now it only nausea. I take Zofran a half-hour before the injection for nausea and it helps but doesn't completely take care of it. Even with the unpleasant side effects, I am glad to have this medicine to treat the slow GI movement I have due to scleroderma, diabetes and the opiates I take for chronic back pain."

Pucksau February 21, 2013